• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
tracy.jpgA Paladin in a Church and a Villain in a Backalley
Dear God,
Your champion's a little weird.
With love,
Kayla

It didn't take him long to get to the church, where Father Anderson was already waiting for him outside - mostly because he was tired of surprises happening inside his church and he'd just greet the rather devoted man at the door instead. His arms were folded and he looked absolutely exhausted. He may have been acting confident and put together, but that was only because others needed him to be. He was just as confused and worried and overwhelmed as everyone else. Funny enough, he was most worried for Agas and Michael and the others. This was their father they were talking about! And lord knows the angels absolutely love their family. Hell, even Agas was a daddy's girl... though he'd never say it to her face.

Once the steed arrived, Father Anderson's arms loosened a bit, and his face took back on that firm expression. Right. Serious time.

He got him up to speed on what was going on, what had been learned thus far, as well as the new angel/spirit of vengeance girl who had wandered off to follow Natalie and Darren. He explained it quickly, efficiently, in a bit of a whirlwind, so that he could stop and let Jakub react all at once to it.

. . .

Nat yelling fuck just about made him jump out of his skin. And yes. He should have tied her up or something. But... it wasn't like he was thinking rationally right now!!! So much was going on. Fuck was right. He expected her to change forms, but there was no such thing and she tracked down his sister so easily. Impressive... though truth be told he probably could have guessed it too. This was fucking stressful. Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck until the word loses meaning FUCK.

Tracy looked like she just about jumped out of her skin, too. There was no vomit to be had in the first place, but that didn't stop the nausea anyway. She was still gripping the bin with white knuckles, absolutely terrified, until she had something for her terror to be directed at - Natalie.

Her eyes met the woman's, but then shifted to Darren, and she broke down crying. Sobbing. Absolutely inconsolable. She looked a hell of a lot like her brother like that when he was being pathetic. She was shaking and crying her eyes out and so fucking scared she looked like a soaked puppy. She neither heard nor cared what the woman said. Hell, she barely noticed her existing beside her brother. Tracy, stepping off with surprising speed, tackled Darren with a hug. Still crying her eyes out, burying her face in her brother's shoulder.

Darren couldn't help but tear up as well, holding her as he somehow managed to stay standing, "Hey hey. It's alright. Calm down. You're okay. Just breathe. We're standing out here in the rain, you know? Let's go inside. We have a hotel we're staying at, alright? We can get you dry and warm and explain everything." Though... he wasn't sure how they were going to get to the hotel considering Natalie didn't have a car...

Tracy managed to talk between gasps, "I... I was dead... I was dead and... and... and I remember... that... the feeling... and the... p... pain... and..." She swallowed hard, her big scared eyes managing to tear away to stare at Natalie, "Who... who is she? Do you have a girlfriend or something? What do you mean a hotel room? Can't we just go home?"

"Trace. Calm down. No, she's not my girlfriend, but go figure you'd ask that. We will explain at the hotel. Not here. I may not feel it but I know it's not nice being cold and wet, right? Let's go. Not home. We're in the US right now. You're safe, though. We're safe. I promise. Stop breathing so fast or you'll have a panic attack. It's okay. We have a hotel room right now. I want to explain everything to you before we call mom and dad. You know mom will freak out. You being able to explain things yourself will make it better," he explained, getting Tracy to the point where she could at least walk and talk without shaking and having a panic attack. He wasn't really sure when the heck they'd actually get to call mom and dad, but what he said wasn't... wrong, strictly speaking.

She was clinging to her brother, but followed along without argument, though she still stared at Natalie with such big, somewhat childish eyes.

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

Death's Chill & War
At Lady Death's request, Melita floated upright in but a brief moment, her scythe snapping out of existence so she stood unarmed. "Death, which one of your knights is this one again?" Melita glanced at her, voice cool and relaxed as ever. "Melita Demas. A pleasure to meet you, War." Her attention shifted back to Death, and with that she began to calmly recount every ounce of information she had acquired, and her methods thus far. "And to be honest...that is partly why I came here. I was seeking Chute's aid. I utilized the once Demon Lord Raums abilities to the best of his abilities, but whatever is going on is beyond even his skill. I would like to request Chute's aid in finding out further information regarding the resurrections. His aid would be appreciated." War raised an eyebrow at that, that usual domineering and somewhat condescending amusement in her eyes as always. "I certainly hope you've brought an offer for him, Knight. Chutes doesn't tend to intervene in general." She reached out, starting to toy with his ears again and give him scritches. "Come now, don't look so forlorn. It's just sad."
0d72a41d46c50926dd6d10b114b1c610.png
97f9cc57a9a901e0fd1c97679d8f2c05.jpg

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Azroch

Azroch didn't seem amused by the mocking comment, but neither did he seem baited. Just thoroughly unamused. "I don't think mocking is the thing you should be focusing on the moment, child. If Hell were to collapse, I would relish that battle, your speaking nothing but a sweet dream to me." The human was flexible, he had to give that to him at the very least. His weapons swung and missed, no damage done, unfortunately. Giving a growl of frustration as the male leaped away, a large wave of hell-fire erupted off the demon lord, forming an expanding dome that reached out about 30 feet around them, going so far as to burn and melt portions of the ground closest to him. Spinning towards his opponent he kicked forward again, the Warhammer swinging for the legs while the mace went for the torso section of his body.
DSk4H7BVwAAcA-8

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Tactician

He glanced over at kite at her comment about it being fun. For her, maybe. For him? He was going to want to shoot himself. "Don't enjoy yourself too much. It's fine to take pride in your work or even find it fun, but professionalism above all else. Because that's what you are, a professional. You're not some thug that someone finds off the corner of the street." As Jewel took the weapon he gave a nod, making a motion of 'come on' towards Kite. The upped security system wasn't going to do much. He'd already shown the technological flaws, time to show off the one flaw that's almost impossible to fix. The human aspect.

Tacticians mask was solidly advanced, to the point the correct eye movements could adjust or disable the voice scrambler. And for this, he was going to want to use his actual voice...just shifted. Knocking on the door he cleared his throat a bit right before one of the hero's inside opened up. Showtime....ugh. The male who opened up was some hero called 'The Dapper Sniper'. Did hero's just get their names out of cereal boxes now? Whatever. What came out was not Casey's usually smooth and velvety voice. No, what came out could only be described as a 'Ned Flanders' tier voice. "Oh geez, I hope I'm not bothering! This is embarrassing, but my little girl is a big fan of hero's, especially the Alphera's. She even went so far as to make her own outfit and talk me into it." He gave what sounded like a genuine laugh, even though he was seriously considering faking his death on the spot right now. "Sir, I know this is probably strange, but she begged me to come with her to see you folks. You know how kids are with their idols, right? Went on and on about how she had to show off her costume and meeting at least a couple of you guys. Her birthday is right around the corner, and I thought to myself 'Ah what the heck, she's earned it'. I don't suppose you'd be willing to entertain her for a couple of minutes?"
ed2c9c4d165ff4914d65a4a1a01168b7.png

Deathkitten Deathkitten

James

He paused for a moment, considering Sophia's request. "Within reason, sure...Another Pydir? Great...there goes my bank account, burned away for food. I'll have to meet her later." His attention jumped to Vice, some sort of very thin mental twine snapping in two at the comment of 'even eldritch beings aren't all-powerful. That was the exact same comment he'd heard from an all-powerful omnipotent creator deity before. The exact same deity that originally sent his life on this fucking rollercoaster. His eyebrow twitched oh so noticeably as he experienced what could only be described as a 'PTSD flashback'. He was zoned out the entire time he got a history lesson he otherwise would have been enthralled with, a perpetual scowl on his face as if he was hunting down the man who murdered his family, muttering something along the lines of 'fucking true omnipotent beings and their god damn bullshit', some creative wording used that would make a sailor proud.

By the time they got to the museum the fact they had stopped walking was enough to knock his brain out of its autopilot, James looking around as if he didn't realize where they were, let alone what he'd been saying. '-bones of Mammoths and stuff?' He glanced over at Vice, giving a small nod. "Sure, sounds fun. I love natural history." James mood had flipped back to true neutral, as if he wasn't aware of every creative curse and weaved insult he'd been muttering the entire walk or the mood of pure agitation he'd been showing off. "Do they have any wooly rhino bones? Always found those interesting."
aph_fantasia__the_summoner_by_mano_chan-d5h9i9z-1.png

Deathkitten Deathkitten Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

Ariah

If Ariah's face could express anything, it'd be smiling. And it'd take knowing her on a deep and personal level, such as Mia or Jade did, to realize that her current mood was one that'd reflect a smile. "And I love you too, don't ever doubt that. I can take this body out for social stuff, what you want is a body that looks human for social stuff. And I'll do that for you." She moved closer, wrapping her little sister into a hug and giving her a squeeze. "I promise, I'll never let anything happen to you. Like you said, we're family. And it's my job, as your big sister, to make sure nothing happens to you." The elusive and rare chuckle escaped her, nodding a bit. "Because it is weird Mia. She's my friend, as much has she can aggravate me, but she's also my boss. I also live with her. It's weird, for me at the very least, to consider you dating her. Right..tell dad." She sat back and ever so gently grabbed Mia by the shoulders, forcing her to face her as she 'stared' at her. Running through several programs, subroutines, military and government-grade 'aging' systems, cross-reference everything, crunch the numbers for the most probable traits and features to combine...done. In but a few moments she had designed a schematic and appearance that would be a fitting 'big sister' for Mia. And with that done she sent it all in a secure email to her father, along with a message of 'Hey pop, can you make this? Mia wants me to have something for social outings with her. I got guilt-tripped. Help your daughter out?'. "There, done. As for Jade...I'll try. She likes to test her limits with me though, so unless I make a very firm statement, she doesn't get the hint. That's not me being rude, that's me being factual."
fb42ce4fa357cdf80266c29aa75088f8.png

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Velocity
Shitshitshitshitshit

Raising her hand up in a karate chop motion she gently brought it down, giving the milky female figure a soft 'bonk' atop her noggin. "First off, don't feel down. I'll help you, we'll get you through this." She moved over towards the side of the building to watch Elementa and...the new guy (?) talk, still listening to the figure. "Stay with me? Uhm...sure. But if you know everyone, and you can only be seen by powered it seems...you'd know that the girl I live with would see you too. And that'd be hard to explain...So...any suggestions?" She fell deathly silent as the robot...guy...thing raised his weapon with a Russian accent. She knew where this was going, she played video games, she'd seen movies. All at once, her mind jumped into hyperdrive, running through nearly a hundred scenarios, plans, ideas, and situations for how this played out, how she could prevent it, what she could do. No sooner had Nexus managed to say his first few words in his Russian Accent did Velocity move, leaving milk with a quick 'BerightbackreallysorrygottastopsomethingtakecareyourniceIlikeyouwe'llfigureitoutBYE!' There was a speedster, there was moving fast, and then there was Velocity freaking out and moving fast, fast. She seemed to completely blink out of existence, the only warning she hadn't done so and was just moving insanely fast would be a gust of wind...that'd hit Milk AFTER Velocity handled the situation.

Charging Nexus she reached up, grabbing the bullet just as it escaped the barrel of his weapon and holding it in her fist. Then, she had to handle the actual lunatic. Wrapping an arm around Nexus, the natural kinetic buffer spread to encompass him as she pulled him close to her body, being able to lift her despite him having height and weight on her. Now that she had lunatic AND bullet she rushed back up the side of the building and placed him down, suddenly seeming to blink back into existence, the gust of wind finally hitting the top of the building. If were not for the kinetic buffer her body produced, Nexus would have been torn apart by such speed...probably? Maybe? Velocity's voice came out as a soft and irate hiss, her words coming out quickly. "Are you nuts!? That's how you end a protest alright...and start a riot! Dúr torathar buile! An bhfuil tú ag iarraidh radharc a thosú!? Is laochra muid, ní gangsters!" It was very rare, exceedingly so, for this to happen. But Velocity had gotten so on edge by that move that she'd slipped into Gaelic, a language her parents insisted she learn as a child.
(Rough Translation: 'Stupid freaking madman! Are you trying to start a scene!? We're heroes, not gangsters!')

She raised her hand up in a karate chop motion, once again bringing it down to bonk someone on the top of the head, this time that someone being Nexus. "What were you thinking!? You'd have just proved these protesters right with their idea that everyone with super powers is a threat to everything they know and care about! Or that they're abominations before god! Or whatever they're down there for!" She wasn't shouting so the protestors couldn't hear her, but she was certainly passionate about what she was saying.
adam-isailovic-d2.png

Deathkitten Deathkitten Stricken Steel Stricken Steel Kameron Esters- Kameron Esters-

Last edited:
Thomas Black

He couldn't help himself, he chuckled. "Funny you say that. The same thing happened to me when your mother told me she liked me. I looked like a deer in headlights. Guys tend to do that when a girl says they like them." He reached over, wrapping an arm around her in the affectionate warm way only a father could, giving her a quick hug. "You're an angel too...you've just a voice trying to get you to do not so angelic things. That's not your fault." He nodded softly though at the comment of not being super social and not having many friends. "Yea...yea, I think that runs in the family. Your mom's a total social butterfly, I'm...really not." Especially after the accident, he practically lived in his room.

"Well...sneaking out, I don't really condone. But...I guess what I have to say isn't worth much right now. I feel like I still have a ways to go before what I have to say will really mean anything...I've been gone too long, and I hate that. I've missed so much with you." He glanced over at her as she made a comment about her ears and tail, giving a small but warm smile, almost wistful. "Don't feel bad about them. You have your mothers...here, let me show you." He reached into his pocket, producing one of the only possessions he had on his person, his wallet. Flipping it open, it was revealed that there wasn't just bare minimum funds but a literal surplus of family photo's, Thomas owning one of the wallets where pictures cascaded out..and there were a lot of sleeves that tumbled out. Pictures of a baby Selene, pictures of a younger Thomas and Juliet, pictures of the three of them at the hospital when she was born, pictures of Juliet and Thomas at their wedding, pictures of them attending university... "I can't wait for you to meet her...I can't wait to see her again. She is one of the most brilliant women I have ever met...you got her good looks, you know." He glanced over at her, taking note of her down mood. He frowned for a moment in thought before reaching out, gently rubbing near the base of one of her ears. When his wife was stressed, he'd learned that there was this very small spot that he could rub and scritch that eased her nerves, anxiety, and troubles away to relax her. A built-in cheat code for kitsunes she called in. "You alright?"
latest
ThomasWifeMaybe.jpg

Deathkitten Deathkitten

A holy Avenger and a Brit

Jakub rode through city streets and over sidewalks, pedestrians scrambling out of the way and cars honking their horns in indignation. Arriving at the church, the spectral steed chuffing as he dismounted, the spectral steed fading away back to rest. "Father and Champion, I heed your call." Where as Anderson was 5'11, Jakub towered over him at an even 7'. However,as was customary for a man of faith when faced with one of such power and position in the church he took a knee, head bowed as he listened to Anderson explain the situation. With each word, fury gnawed at his stomach and mind, his blood coming to a boil. Someone dare offend God himself in such a manner? To offend the holy host and their divinity?! A word came to the forefront of his mind, one all to familiar to him, like a friend coming back from a long journey to say 'I'm back, old friend.'. What they needed...what was deserved... was a crusade. Jakub spoke slow and steady, barely hidden rage evident in his voice. "Father, my blade is at the behest of the church and holy host. My men are at the behest of the church and holy host, their loyalty living beyond life itself. State your desire, state your need. What is your need of me? What heretic shall I put to the blade, what offender shall I slay? I am but a weapon of the faith, I need but your request and demand."
8de9463278a87bd25a062c95436d47eb.jpg

---------

Nat raised an eyebrow as Tracy broke down then and there. With how Darren had described her, he expected the big bad bitch of the west with a chip on her shoulder and infinite attitude. Not...sad puppy 2.0. Whatever, they were here now. She cast Darren a look as if to say 'get to the hotel how exactly?' At the comment of girlfriend a mischievous grin crossed her features. Oh come on, how could she NOT take that opportunity? That soft British accent slipped into the air again, ever so slightly teasing. "Aw babe c'mon. You don't have to hide your love life from your sister. I thought you weren't ashamed of me!" She managed to keep a straight for all of about five seconds before it broke down into a chuckle. "Sorry, I couldn't resist. Nah, we're not dating." At the comment of 'call mom and dad', Nat shot Darren another look that could only be described of 'please tell me you're not serious. She prayed he was saying bullshit just so she'd come along and cooperate. Last thing they needed was his fuckwits of a family breathing down their neck and making things more difficult. She was going to kill them anyway, but she didn't need a larger thorn in her side at the moment.

Luckily, it seemed like his words worked, Tracy following them along towards the hotel without much complaint. The girl had her eyes glued to her the entire time though. If she didn't know better, she'd figure she was being checked out. Once they reached the hotel and up to their floor she reached out, resting a hand on his shoulder. "Love, you can come visit with Tracy in like...give me just five minutes to myself, right? I gotta do some things." She gave him a small pat on the shoulder before walking into her hotel room and locking it behind her. Now that she wasn't 'on the clock', she could let herself experience everything she'd kept boxed up since the church. Taking a deep inhale once she reached the middle of the room, she let it out...all at once. "ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME!? GOD THE FATHER!? SERIOUSLY!? YOU HAVE GOT TO BE FUCKING JOKING ME! WHAT FUCKING NUTTER DECIDED TO DO THIS!? THEY HAVE TO BE DEAD FROM THE NECK UP, THAT'S THE ONLY REASON!" From there, Natalie's rage turned into a slew of cusses, slurs, and creative terminology that was very un-church like. If there was any doubt about it, this showed one of the reasons Agas liked Nat.
PMwfeQTiXF5r2pHh9v49Q3aIYw5PeYmoxm3vNrTwwFkYun5jkdEAepLO_xBKHg6msvB7BSdXOCh3reXdk9AynY3Fi_jMOsDHR0KKArAazgcLC7UNXfkVz1NHG7p33Uv0dgycV7CR

Deathkitten Deathkitten

unnamed.jpgHunt for an Artifact - Task One
The woman sighed again, the copy of her that stayed behind looking at the poor kid (and altogether ignoring Zim). She offered him a hand to help him up, "Apologies, young one. You've been dragged into this without your say. I doubt either of them will win the item... or at least I hope not. I do not consider either of them worthy. Are you alright? Might I offer you food or drink in the interim?"

Meanwhile, the other version of her floated alongside the two competitors, "Whether it is worth the trouble or not will be up to you and whether you can win..." Her words trailed off as she watched the insane man do a rocket jump sort of move and land... still on fire... on another platform.

"... Mashu, I don't want you to win either, but please try hard and make sure he doesn't win. He's clearly insane. I really don't want to belong to an insane person."

Kyrenka Kyrenka ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles LostHaven LostHaven

magnus.jpgSip... So... What now?
Magnus was sipping on his tea, even if it wasn't going to do anything for him. He couldn't really taste it in the conventional sense, but he could enjoy the sensation. It had been a little while, and police had come and rounded up the hunters into their vans and driven off. They weren't saddled with the clean-up... luckily. Carmen tended to leave places such a mess. For such a delicate-seeming girl she really knew how to paint a room red. It was one of the things he liked about her. It was kind of a shame she was asexual, for him, anyway. He was sort of an old soul, so the thought of such a thing was odd to get used to, but he didn't really mind it. He was worried for her future happiness with such an orientation, but he supposed that it didn't mean she couldn't be romantic with someone, or even just have a close friend.

No, the friend part was hindered by her personality. He sighed, thinking about all of this, and made his cup disappear. What did they want to do now? He floated through Carmen, mostly to annoy her, and sighed loudly, "Hey so now what? I kinda wanna do more stuff today."

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Aelia Aeldyne Aelia Aeldyne

Stricken Steel Stricken Steel scanner update for you.
Sunday, Sept 15th, 12:00 - Los Angeles
On the police scanner, the following can be heard for any Superheroes looking for potential jobs: (colored by urgency - red > yellow > green)

Red
1 - A strange slot machine has appeared near LAX. Requesting heroes to deal with the threat. It is likely caused by the small-time villain, Chance Act.

Yellow
1 - A small pocket of Zombies has been sighted near 4151 2nd Ave. Requesting heroes for extermination.
2 - Unknown villain threatening people at mall with hand axe. Police requesting hero support.

Green
1 - Street prophet still harassing passersby and disturbing the peace on W Adams Blvd and Arlington Ave. Requesting a nearby hero to peacefully disperse him. Update: The crowd has grown larger and is disturbing the peace.

shield3.jpgIncoherent Internal Screaming
Father in Heaven, this man was so intimidating a presence to be around. His fury was palpable. Unlike Father Anderson himself... who was... mostly confused? He was angry, sure, but he was still processing this drama. How was he going to explain this stuff to all the different champions and whatnot? And to start with this man? Ugh.

He sighed slightly, hand propped up against his hip, "Stand, Jakub. What I ask of you will no doubt be the hardest thing for you or me right now... and that is to wait. We must wait until we are given further instructions. Archangel Michael asked me to contact various champions of faith and bring them here. I believe he is deciding how best to handle this right now, in Heaven, that is. He left not long ago. Perhaps you could help me collect the champions? You'd certainly get around town faster than I would... Unless I use my abilities... but I'd really prefer not if possible..."

Father Anderson cleared his throat awkwardly, "Right. Anyhow. There are a number of heroes of faith in the city, and though not all of them are strictly champions, I do believe he'd want their help nonetheless. I'll make some calls. Meanwhile, perhaps you can contact others as well?"

---------

Darren huffed such a big sigh of relief when they were finally walking along. Hell, he even ignored Nat's cheesy teasing! This day was just such a drag. It felt like it'd never end. There wasn't any time to get sad, though, so... that was a thing he guessed? Too chaotic for depression. He was in panic mode instead. His sister was clinging to him the entire way, and neither of them seemed to care that it was raining... though Tracy was starting to shiver a little. He chastised her for running off about a dozen times by the time they reached the hotel, having given her his jacket to keep her warm.

"No problem, Nat. Take your time," he said when they reached the door, turning to Tracy, "Once we're inside, how about you take a nice hot shower or a bath and relax for a little while." Tracy was staring at the door, shocked by the volume of the shouts, though Darren hardly reacted. Internally, he was happy he wasn't the only one that wanted to scream right now. Externally, his first worry was his sister and nothing else. This God bullshit could wait five minutes.

"After you take a bath or a shower, you and Natalie need to have a girl talk with each other. Some things have changed since you've been gone."

Tracy scrunched her nose, some of her confidence returning, "She reeks of goodie goodie. She gives me like... angry older sister vibes. The last thing I want is a girl chat with her."

"Too bad. You need to have one."

"Why?"

"Because you just do. Don't be difficult, please? It's not like it's the hardest thing in the world."

"Ugh. Fine."

After more shouting time was allowed to pass, and then after a shower at max temperature, Tracy sat down in dry clothes on the bed. She was avoiding eye contact with Natalie like a child that did something wrong. Darren politely excused himself - he had no need to watch the shit show. Tracy just let the silence fill, content with not talking for as long as possible. She agreed to have a "girl talk" since her brother asked, but this chick was a stranger and clearly a weirdo.

Natalie Brenton

After a very relaxing and relieving session of venting her troubles to the world at maximum volume she was more or less put back together, though Agas had gone full Palpatine during the situation. Full on 'yes...yes. Do it. Let your hate flow through you'. Natalie was seated on the bed, enjoying a small bag of fruit gummies, stark contrast to the mood. She didn't seem to care Tracy wasn't a fan of their situation, nor did she offer any of her prized fruit gummies. Once she finished her small bag she set it on the nightstand. "Right. Gonna cut right to the chase. You're here with me and Darren for the long haul. That means none of your criminal activity bullshit. No murdering, torturing, robbing, nothing illegal. We can do this the easy way where you just do this without any bitching and do as I'm asking very nicely of you. Or we do it the hard way, and I'll leave that up to your imagination. Choice is yours, I'm fine either way." She glanced over at Tracy, brushing some of her soaked hair over her shoulder, the purple at the ends of her hair a much darker shade now that it was soaked. "Personally, I'll have a lot more fun if you want to fight about this."
PMwfeQTiXF5r2pHh9v49Q3aIYw5PeYmoxm3vNrTwwFkYun5jkdEAepLO_xBKHg6msvB7BSdXOCh3reXdk9AynY3Fi_jMOsDHR0KKArAazgcLC7UNXfkVz1NHG7p33Uv0dgycV7CR

Deathkitten Deathkitten

tracy.jpgTracy
"First off, fuck you. Why in the hell would I be stuck with either of you guys for the long haul? Like... Darren's my brother, so I'm stuck with him, but you're just some random bitch," Tracy huffed, arms folded as she stared at Natalie incredulously, "If you know what we do, then why the hell are you against it? Darren knows better than to tell any like... random good person. Kinda against the whole idea of a villain organization, yeah? I mean I know he's against killing people, but hot damn."

"You're not my boss. I don't even KNOW you. I barely even know what's going on or why I'm even here. I DIED. The last thing on my mind is listening to some random woman I've never met. You don't have to be a genius to understand that, yeah?"

Natalie Brenton Agas, Firstborn of Firstborn

Natalie shrugged, an almost malicious smile spreading across otherwise charming and beautiful features. "I generally don't get along well with sinners, that's all." Agas could be heard cackling in her headspace, practically giddy with be able to get let off her leash, at least a little bit. Remember. Don't kill her, or rough her up too much. I'm aware! Michael wants me to play nice...so I'll begrudgingly do so, if only for the chance to help the Father. Now can I do my job? Yea, go for it. I wish I had some popcorn is all.

Natalie's facial features started to smoke, getting the look of melting plastic ever so slowly, a wad of her skin starting to drool down her cheek. "I did give you a chance. If only because you're Darrens sister." Skin continued to slough off of her before burning up, licking with sickening green flame. Her hair sparkled with embers before burning away, her eyes going the path of her skin and simply melting away until she was naught but a green flaming skull, her clothes burning up in a flash of green fire to settle on a more comfortable look. When she spoke, her voice was no longer that appealing British accent. No, it was spiteful and harsh, but surprisingly smooth all the same. "Tracy MacAlasdair. Welcome back to the world of the living. I'm sure Darren is happy to have you back. Let's talk, shall we?"
image0.png

Deathkitten Deathkitten

1618970040436.pngTracy
Tracy screamed - rather understandably so, considering her face fucking melted! She scrambled back onto the bed towards the headboard, hands up defensively, "WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU?!"

"No. No no no no no. No. No. Stay the fuck away from me you fucking... skeledemon... thing. I am not looking for some round two to being dead. Thanks but no thanks. Kindly fuck off please," she rambled, completely panicked and shaking. This wasn't the same sort of thing that killed her before, but it was damned well close enough! She didn't want that pain again. She never wanted that pain again! Her eyes darted to the door and back. Why the hell did Darren want her to talk to this monster?

She started to tear up again, feeling the urge to cry. Right now, she didn't have any sins on her, sparkly clean and brand spanking new... not that she knew that, but still. Such a good little blank canvas to keep clean for the big G-daddy in the sky.

"I haven't done anything. Please don't hurt me. What do you want? If you want money I have that. I don't know you. I don't WANT to know you. All I said was no. Why did you turn into this... monster thing? Just... don't touch me. DON'T TOUCH ME! Are you friends with the thing that killed me before? I don't want to die like that again... I don't want to feel that again. Don't touch me. Please don't touch me."

Agas, firstborn of firstborn

If skulls could smile, Agas would have the most sadistic grin in place. "The term is a Spirit of Vengeance. You can call me a hand of God if you prefer. Or your executioner. I'm quite fond of that last one." The chain coiled around her arm slowly slinked off, coiling in the air like a viper before darting towards Tracy's face, stopping just a few inches from it, green hellfire licking from it. "Cry. Scream. Beg. It doesn't matter to me. I'd find it amusing, honestly. I don't want your money, Tracy MacAlaisder. Unless I'm using it to light your funeral pyre. In which case, I'll accept it." Agas slowly stood up, the chain still hanging in the air dangerously close to Tracy. "I need your help, you see. You can help me find my father. But for that, I need you sin free. And if you can't do such a simple task...you're of no use, and I can send you right back to the grave." The chain lashed out, wrapping around Tracy's throat and constricting ever so slightly, the hellfire licking at her skin. "I don't know what killed you, but I assure you I'm so much better at it. Because if I kill you, you won't be coming back. So you'll be staying 'pure' one way...or another. And if you can't? I'll eat your mortal soul, and you'll cease to exist. Completely. Utterly. You won't even reach an afterlife. You won't see hell or purgatory. You will simply stop being."

She walked towards Tracy, grabbing her chin and holding it in typical domineering fashion. "I'm afraid the woman you were talking to has taken a back-seat. You really should have just done what she asked. And you know what? I will touch you. However and whenever I want. And do you know why? Because I can. You are little more than a bug crawling through the dirt of life. Small, helpless...pathetic and easy to squash. And the moment you stop being able to be of use to me? I'll squash you. It's that simple Tracy. And it will be slow. Intimate. And oh so painful. Every sin, every misdeed, every ounce of pain you inflicted. I'll deal it back a thousand fold, until you beg me to stop and just end your suffering. And only then, will I end your pathetic existence. Are we clear on what I want from you?"
image0.png

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Zael'teph of Ravening 'Zim'
Wonderland...? | "LET ME IN ON THE FUN TOO!"

Watching at the side was a complete and utter bore. In fact, it was almost as bad as rotting in a god-damned treasure vault for centuries on end... Ok, it wasn't that bad in comparison to rotting in a god-damned treasure vault for centuries on end, but 'Zim' was both petty and an idiot on top of that. The sword's projected form tapped its fingers in immeasurable irritation as it desperately attempted to find for something, anything to remedy the maddening boredom. The fight over there looked fun. Really fun. 'Zim' loved violence, almost as much as he loved swallowing virgins whole - or, at least, as much as weirdos probably thought he enjoyed swallowing virgins whole.

No, seriously, what's with that weird myth about sacrificing virgins to demons being the hip and cool thing to do amongst these damned demonists? 'Zim' couldn't imagine how a virgin trumped something like a pizza or a bucket of fried chicken...

After the three interconnected cogs in 'Zim's' head turned (or at least attempted to) for some minutes, a (figurative) lightbulb suddenly lit above the cursed-sword's head (pommel...?), as if he had just fabricated some sort of bright idea. Sadly, it was a universal fact that none of 'Zim's' ideas were good. None. He was currently wedged into the ground, with no way to get in on that spicy action happening in the cool kids corner, or did he? As the saying goes, just because one is inanimate, didn't mean that they were unable to move of their own accord there exists no such saying.

Was it a good idea?

No, absolutely not. It probably wouldn't even work.

But did 'Zim' think it was a good idea?

For fuck's sake, 'Zim' probably thinks himself the greatest genius to ever grace the nine realms (wait, what did 'Zim' have to do with Norse myth again?), so yeah. In 'Zim's' mind, he's probably thinking he's formulated an idea on similar levels of genius as the guy who invented the toaster pastries.

"Oi, dumb merc, think fast!" The sword yelled at wildcard.

Now, you see, 'Zim' is a sword made out of some body part of an ancient demon, with the angry soul of said demon shoved haphazardly into the sword. Normally, talking swords shouldn't be able to cast magic, but 'Zim' was special. In more ways than one. By gathering every last drop of mana stored in its damned prison of a body into the tip of the blade and expelling it, 'Zim' was able to cause enough of a force unto itself to launch itself out of the ground, and plummeted right at Wildcard.

Well, I say that he 'plummeted' toward Wildcard, but to be honest, it was barely in Wildcard's general direction. 'Zim' is not very good at aiming, and would probably suck shit at Fortnite. It didn't stop 'Zim' from trying though, at the very least. He wanted in on the fight, and like fuck he was just going to sit there and watch Wildcard lose to a fucking lesser demon. Even if he hated Wildcard's guts, it was more important to stroke his own ego, and it fucking stung his ego to even imagine his current wielder (even if a temporary one, probably,) to lose to some hoe whose concept of armour was a string bikini.

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Deathkitten Deathkitten Kyrenka Kyrenka

Sherm

Sherm watched as everything went down while he was dealing with the small child. "...Secretary...The reaper just left us halfway across LA didnt she" he quietly asked. To which secretary nodded already calling up a car. "Well..... Seeing how our dinner plans have been mostly ruined....you wanna just go to Outback or something when your done answering his questions?" he asked walking over to Avro, Mostly trying to brush this whole thing, He had some knowledge of magic and the mystics, but all of this was far out of his purview. He had the one he loved back. He didn't want to question it. Didn't want to look too deep into to find flaws in the miracle he had received. In some deep part of his head. He really thanked the OA partly for bringing her back. But even he knew it wasn't that simple. ANd so questions must be answered.

LostHaven LostHaven Deathkitten Deathkitten

Raum of Secrets
Some Restaurant | "Now, do tell me what you truly desire - hold nothing back, girl."

Raum smirked the door slammed shut behind Sherm, his unwavering eyes of azure gleaming with an indiscernible glint of amusement mixed in with fascination falling unto Avro. "Now then, child, you need not speak of lies any longer," Raum remarked, looking at Avro expectedly. "You cannot conceal your true intentions from an Archdemon of Secrets who governs over falsehoods; it is not a method of 'co-existence' you seek with 'Panzer', is it? I know of the human heart well, Avro, and it is not one that forgives."

Make no mistake, Raum's insistence on hearing Avro's 'true' request was not one born of sympathy nor goodwill. To put bluntly, Raum cared little for how Avro's 'journey' ended, whether it be in blood or triumph. There's that bad habit of his, again, poking his beak way too deep into things that struck his interest. A universal trait amongst greater demons, it seemed, always too carried away with their own whims and desires.

"Or, perhaps, you seek not 'knowledge' but would rather sign a Faustian contract? I'd rather not grant a gruesome request, though. Though a raven, I'm not the most fond of blood nor of carrion."

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Last edited:
Velocity
Shitshitshitshitshit

Raising her hand up in a karate chop motion she gently brought it down, giving the milky female figure a soft 'bonk' atop her noggin. "First off, don't feel down. I'll help you, we'll get you through this." She moved over towards the side of the building to watch Elementa and...the new guy (?) talk, still listening to the figure. "Stay with me? Uhm...sure. But if you know everyone, and you can only be seen by powered it seems...you'd know that the girl I live with would see you too. And that'd be hard to explain...So...any suggestions?" She fell deathly silent as the robot...guy...thing raised his weapon with a Russian accent. She knew where this was going, she played video games, she'd seen movies. All at once, her mind jumped into hyperdrive, running through nearly a hundred scenarios, plans, ideas, and situations for how this played out, how she could prevent it, what she could do. No sooner had Nexus managed to say his first few words in his Russian Accent did Velocity move, leaving milk with a quick 'BerightbackreallysorrygottastopsomethingtakecareyourniceIlikeyouwe'llfigureitoutBYE!' There was a speedster, there was moving fast, and then there was Velocity freaking out and moving fast, fast. She seemed to completely blink out of existence, the only warning she hadn't done so and was just moving insanely fast would be a gust of wind...that'd hit Milk AFTER Velocity handled the situation.

Charging Nexus she reached up, grabbing the bullet just as it escaped the barrel of his weapon and holding it in her fist. Then, she had to handle the actual lunatic. Wrapping an arm around Nexus, the natural kinetic buffer spread to encompass him as she pulled him close to her body, being able to lift her despite him having height and weight on her. Now that she had lunatic AND bullet she rushed back up the side of the building and placed him down, suddenly seeming to blink back into existence, the gust of wind finally hitting the top of the building. If were not for the kinetic buffer her body produced, Nexus would have been torn apart by such speed...probably? Maybe? Velocity's voice came out as a soft and irate hiss, her words coming out quickly. "Are you nuts!? That's how you end a protest alright...and start a riot! Dúr torathar buile! An bhfuil tú ag iarraidh radharc a thosú!? Is laochra muid, ní gangsters!" It was very rare, exceedingly so, for this to happen. But Velocity had gotten so on edge by that move that she'd slipped into Gaelic, a language her parents insisted she learn as a child.
(Rough Translation: 'Stupid freaking madman! Are you trying to start a scene!? We're heroes, not gangsters!')

She raised her hand up in a karate chop motion, once again bringing it down to bonk someone on the top of the head, this time that someone being Nexus. "What were you thinking!? You'd have just proved these protesters right with their idea that everyone with superpowers is a threat to everything they know and care about! Or that they're abominations before god! Or whatever they're down there for!" She wasn't shouting so the protestors couldn't hear her, but she was certainly passionate about what she was saying.
adam-isailovic-d2.png

Deathkitten Deathkitten Stricken Steel Stricken Steel Kameron Esters- Kameron Esters-
Markus Nexus

"Oww." He says before taking a step back from Velocity. He then looks to his rifle and then back up to her. "Technically, I'm not a superhero like you all...are. And, This, Here is not a superpower, It's a gun. Though I do get what you're trying to say. It was either that or call in the National Guard." He then looked to his bag of snacks that was shredded up all on the ground below. "Damn, Anyone got snack money?"

Kameron Esters- Kameron Esters- @ ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles @ Deathkitten Deathkitten

Tracy
She struggled against the chain and tried to tear it from her throat to no avail. She wasn't nearly as durable as her brother, so this whole situation actually kind of hurt. She was terrified. Even still, being terrified, she couldn't help but talk back to the skeleton woman. "If I'm sin free right now since I just... was dead... then why the fuck are you hurting me?" she asked, tears streaming down her face despite herself, "You want me to stay pure, whatever the fuck that means. Aren't sins like... fuck... aren't they subjective? How the hell am I supposed to know what a sin is? I don't even know what the LAWS are, much less some religious bullshit like sins! Aren't Spirits of Vengeance only supposed to hurt people with bad stuff on their souls? As far as I understand this shit, I'm squeaky clean right now - just how you want it. So leave me the hell alone... please. I don't want to die like that again."

Chutes
Chutes pouted at War, "Of all things, War. I know at least one way to screw with you. You're such a butt." It was a halfhearted "threat" if it could even be called a threat. In reality, he'd just take the form of a wolf, since her greatest weakness was dogs. But no. He wasn't going to get out of this that easily. He sighed, looking at Melita, "Fine. I'll help. I'm already in this deep into this mess. But Death, since this is coming from your people, you're the one that's going to owe me one for this."

"Sounds fine to me," Death responded with a slight smile. She looked to Chutes, then back to Melita, "Seek out his aid, and then... I have another task for you, if you're willing, Melita. There is a rogue reaper in the area that needs handled. If it's too dangerous to handle him, then just back out, but if you can... handling him would be for the best. He needs taken out. He's been killing a good number of people."

OA Fight
Instead of simply dodging again, the man jumped and flipped into the air, only to attach to and stand on the ceiling of the cave as though it was as normal as the floor. The wave of hellfire got deflected away from him as though with a magical ward. "Such a pain," he teased with one hand on his hip, "You're too slow. I figured you'd be a bit more capable than this. Fight me like you mean it! I thought you enjoyed this sort of thing!"

Seiva laughed from the doorway, leaning against the wall, "Be careful what you wish for. He's being slow just to test the water. We don't want to end the fun too quickly, after all. We aren't exactly worried. Looks like you might have a bit more fun than expected though, Azzy. I'm jealous."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back