• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Viona groaned as she walked home from The prison she had visited her father at. Today was sword practice. And damn, he didnt hold back. For a sword that cant cut anything living. Its sheath still hurts alot! Viona was in what could be essentially called power armor and her body was still sore and bruised from practice. As viona walked through the streets ignoring the stares she got from her suit she looked at the giant crowd. "The hell is going on over there?" She asked aloud. Before walking over. Lightly pushing herself through the crowd to get to the center. "Just some crazy old dude......Shouldnt a psych person handle this?" Viona thought to herself as she watched the old man rabble on.

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles (not much I can do right now)

death1.pngLady Death
Death gave a small smile to the goddess and her follower. She had nothing to really say to them. It was interesting that War had followed along after them, but that was all, just a passing interest. Her voice hushed and her look turned serious, suddenly speaking in a tongue the others wouldn't know save for War. "You say Chutes isn't your pup, but you've taken an interest in him. Be serious, War. He's young and ridiculously powerful. We haven't had a new being like one of us in... oh, eons by now. Your interest in him speaks volumes, so it cannot be a passing fancy. Mine in the crazed man, while immature and fanciful, isn't something that could very well change the course of this little world. If you truly see him as nothing more than a small interest, then I suggest you reconsider. I took interest in you and Pestilence. I gave you a helping hand when you were young and immature. If you are taking on a big sister role or something like that for the boy, then actually commit to it. He seems decent, and if you slight him later on because he thought more of you, then he could be dangerous to this world. We make for balance. That is why some of the Concepts want him dead instead to avoid dealing with it. Whatever your choice, let me know and I will support you like I usually do."

She huffed a sigh and faced Charlie, speaking English again, "Little one, you may want to get going. You would get points or whathaveyou for reporting the corpse first, yes? I daren't hinder your growth."

Her smile returned a hint to the corners of her mouth, "This has changed my mood. Why don't we give a visit to little Chutes? See how he's doing and make sure that fire under him is still stoked properly."

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

bound boy.jpgUnderground Fighting Ring

The thump of the music roared over the dark club. It was a dingy place on the outside, tucked behind some other storefronts in an alleyway that made use of a warehouse space that used to belong to a shipping company. On the inside, past the blacked-out windows, it was coated in velvet. The seats were plush, the waitresses and waiters obscenely dressed and attractive, and liquor flowed freely.

As a stark contrast to the high-end speakeasy feeling of the joint, the main purpose and event was clearly contained in the massive chain cage that sat in the middle of the warehouse space like an island. Over the sound of the beating heart of music, the chain links rattled and a creature growled. Upon closer inspection, there were two people inside the cage, and on the other side of the box, many more people chained up by their necks and wrists to the far wall. All of them looked like they were in a stupor, some of them looked desperate, and a few of them were crying tears of blood.

Vampires.

All of them starved of blood to make them crazed and more willing to fight. Then, the people in this club offered payment to watch and bet on who would win or who they wanted to see fight. They didn't see vampires as anything more than a threat and nuisance. They weren't people to these... hunters. They found pleasure in the pain. Men and women alike, all hunters, were cheering on as the two vampires in the ring tore at each other's necks.

woman in muzzle 3.jpgThe woman managed to get the upper hand and, bloodied and bleeding from many cuts the two interchanged, tore out the loser's throat.

Before she could truly call it a meal, she was yanked back by the chain around her throat and pinned to the fence from behind, gasping for air and tearing at the thick metal collar she had on. A man walked in and dragged the half-dead vampire away by its chain too, paying no mind to the feeble attempts he had of standing. The woman, growling and panting like a wild animal, was clearly so starved for blood she was out of her mind. She had blood smeared across her mouth and hands from the fight and was so far gone she didn't even manage to mutter out words as they bound her again and dragged her away.

This was only one fight in many they'd have today.

If that boy was unlucky, he'd live from his wounds. The keeper would give him a tiny bit of blood to kick in the vampire's healing factor, and maybe he'd live. If not, that'd be lost merchandise, but he wasn't a great fighter anyway.

boy in muzzle.jpgThey dragged another couple of victims out, but the clear focus was on the younger of the two men.

"We've got a rare treat for you today, folks!" a voice said, crackling to life on a microphone as the kid was shoved into the cage, "A half-breed! Don't let the kid fool you, though, he might be young, but he's double as dangerous. Now, we can't exactly let something like this stain run free, am I right, folks!? Fellow hunters, we can't show mercy."

He got a cheer from the crowd as the kid sobbed. The kid was already roughed up with marks around his throat and wrists that were mostly obscured by the shackles that caused them in the first place. He was starved too, skinny and frail, but he still seemed to have his wits about him. He begged, voice hoarse, "P-please. I don't want to fight. I can't fight. Please."

His would-be opponent didn't seem to have the same reservations. He had the same crazed look in his eyes that the woman from before did. All the man could think, breathe, sleep... was blood and death. He tugged and yanked at his chains, trying already to get at the kid.

"Now now, I know he doesn't look like much, but come on. Let's have some bets in before the fight starts."

Death's Chill
The Reaper didn't seem fazed by the madwoman, let alone the blade held at her throat. Arrest? Really? Before Melita could lay into the woman with a single well placed barb that could fell giants she was felled by...well, another barb, ironically. The Reaper's hood moved to regard the group that was still standing, scythe hanging casually behind her in her grip. "Avro Hawker. You can offer much, in the means of information. It is true that my presence may be known for looking into the resurrections, so Sherm Tristan should have suspected me at some point. I bear no ill will, unless you prove to attempt to actually harm me, at which point I am entitled to defend myself. The resurrections that have happened is cause for concern for my mistress, and I have been tasked to investigate. There is a particular entity in this city that could reveal much just from looking at you. If you desire to bring company, I care not. But time ticks by, and I do not have enough to waste. If you'll oblige me, we can take my door to my contact."
97f9cc57a9a901e0fd1c97679d8f2c05.jpg

Deathkitten Deathkitten Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

Summoner

James attention darted to Sophia, his mind racing to pick his words quite quickly and carefully. "Sophia, please gently put the man down and do not hurt him. Everything here is fine." He gently tapped out to reach Thyris mentally, a soft sigh escaping him. "You know I've never been big on the whole killing thing though, so I thank you for cooperating." As the pirates were knocked out via temporary drowning and then Sophia and Thyris making sure no one ACTUALLY died he glanced at the crowd of people. "Right. Situation taken care of. Please call the cops or the coast guard and they'll be here to pick you up. "Thyris, I'm going to despell you now if that's fine. Just level the ship out gently. I'd like to get out of here before the news shows up, I'd rather not get flooded with questions." He nearly jumped at the sound of a somewhat unfamiliar voice, right that was Vice. "Hey Vice. Yea, we got it handled, no sweat. Anything else you can suggest? Those sound like they're already being handled, or not really worth getting sucked into." He glanced at Sophia, offering a small smile. "Thanks for the help. We'll get pizza later, promise."
aph_fantasia__the_summoner_by_mano_chan-d5h9i9z-1.png

Deathkitten Deathkitten Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

Natalie Brenton, and now Agas too

Natalie gave a slow nod, knowing exactly what she was asking. "Yea, I want you to do that. I know it's going to suck, but we need answers bad. I'll play nurse and get you better afterwords, I promise. Or Michael can perk you up." As they started their way back she reached out, giving him an apologetic pat on the back. "Yea, I know. I'll make it up to you." As they made their way into the back room Natalie found a seat, watching Darren suddenly get shy and what not. Poor kid. As the little mind games started Darren found himself staring at the scene of Agas and Natalie staring each other down. "Oh well hello there."

Agas glanced towards spitfire's mental image, and then back to Darren. "Just a moment, child." In an instant she was on Darren, pulling him into a tight choke hold headlock, lifting him up off the ground. "I've been biding my time you know. You have a lot of guts when we first talked, knowing I couldn't really scratch you. But here, are you still all bark?" The Skull turned its attention towards Spitfire as it held onto Darren, Natalie standing on the sidelines. What good could she REALLY do here? "Spitfire, that's what we're calling you now, yes? Please, enlighten me about my father. As much as you can."
image0.png

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Thomas Black

Thomas nodded numbly as they made their way to the church, not fully convinced by his handlers words. How much of a fight could either party really put up? He doubted anyone of real importance would stop the military from relocating his little girl if they felt it right to keep his leash short. "Okay...yea. Enjoy the time I have." Thomas took a deep breath once they arrived at the door before he crept in, gently tapping Selene on the shoulder to get her attention. "Hey. How's the studying going?" Just being near her, knowing she was alright and alive, being able to see his daughter...it filled him with a sort of life that he had long since lost, and he could feel something besides numbness again. He settled into the pew beside her, glancing over her shoulder. "Ah, still studying then?"
latest

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Sorrow

"I'll stop recommending when you actually listen to me and just take a nibble. I promise, you'll enjoy it." The symbiote mentally replied, listening to the hosts requests. They weren't really orders, no one really ordered her around. Though she was more...receptive to requests since they had shoved her into that damn lab! "A stealthy approach? Fine, I enjoy scaring humans so much. Sometimes they urinate themselves, it's hilarious. But..no limb tearing? How about a light maiming? Can I break a bone? I'm breaking a bone." The light shimmered and bent around them as the Symbiote's natural camouflage kicked in, running up the wall at a 45 degree angle to make a quick approach on the scene, slowly creeping into the room that housed the gang members. A hand reached out around one's neck before she yanked it into a dark corner of the room, starting to strangle the life out of it. Well, the consciousness out of it. "I forget, how long can your people survive without air? I don't want to overdo it."
d647b87-092ec886-adcd-4c69-b412-b2e0f6c81ff9.png

Deathkitten Deathkitten Kameron Esters- Kameron Esters-

DOOOOOOOOM!
The 'old dude' in question was a man who a somewhat manic look to him but in a nice suit, walking back and forth in the circle of people. His voice was full of conviction and seriousness, and more and more people were starting to heed his word. "-And they will come! And there will be much suffering for their arrival! Our city elite will perish, politicians and officials reduced naught but to ash in suits! Time itself plots against us, nay time is devoured slowly as it approaches! And it shall approach! It will come and devour us all, and there will be much death! And even when such passes, and time is saved God himself will weep! For God is not above such suffering, and God will suffer with us! Heed my warnings and leave this city while you can!" He turned on Viona, slowly approaching her. "Heed my warning and heed it well! Our hero's will come for our very lives! Torn from their own to conquer and displace, intent to rule us all! And then, when all is done...they will come! They will come from the sewers and the basements, from our attics and the crater! No place will be safe, and death will stalk the night!" He reached out, grabbing Viona's suits shoulders and gently shaking her, mania in his eyes. "DO YOU UNDERSTAND, YOUNG ONE!?"
proxy.png

Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

Blessed Death

It wasn't hard to gain access to a speakeasy, especially when your partner was a poltergeist. The music...god awful. Horrible, disgusting. They could have chosen anything, and they went with this. Her eyes scanned the interior slowly. No one here had an inch of true class, barbarians all of them. 'Hunters' they called themselves. Just because you shoot a rabbit doesn't make you a hunter, and just because you can ride a pig does not make you a jockey. She reached out, grabbing a wine glass from a passing waitress and taking a sip, only to gag on the taste. Disgusting, even the wine?! She set the wine glass on a table as she passed. Right then...vampire-fighting ring? Even for someone who had their gripes with the blood thirsty, this was disgusting. "Well don't you look good?" Carmen's eyes shot wide open as she felt someone grab her by the waist and pull her close, a small smile coming across her face. One of the more well dressed hunters had tried to make himself appear flattering. How...quaint.

She reached down, grabbing him by the man by the groin. It was just the way she grabbed it, and more so his pelvis than his reproductory organs that made him go wide-eyed and silent. "Do us both a favor, my dear friend. Don't look, and certainly don't touch. I'm going to let you go, and you can collect what scraps of pride you have left and retreat to whatever little hole you crawled from, yes?" He quickly nodded as she released him, letting him drop to the floor as she made her way through the club. She watched the fight inside the ring, gently adjusting her gloves. She should likely do something about this so called 'fighting ring' shouldn't she? Certainly would be a blood bath...oh well, they'd all have something to eat then, wouldn't they? "Dear Magnus, what's your take on this? I feel like I've walked into a den of sin and deplorable actions, and I feel the best course of action is to remedy that. I'm thinking a new coat of paint first. Say...red? Besides, the poor vampires do look quite starved, they could use something to eat." Her voice was soft and naught but a whisper, the germanic and french blended notes only for a very specific set of ears that would pick up on them over the music. "Also...can you believe the nerve of that mongrel? I'm going to need another shower..." There was a fine line a vampire hunter tread, not every dog had to be put down, not ever vampire had to be killed. And yet, here was what she was looking at. Oh well, work is work she supposed.
a72c1b540ff2ed35b4620b5356528c11.png

Deathkitten Deathkitten Aelia Aeldyne Aelia Aeldyne

1612836894167.pngPolice vs Gang
The altercation continued much as it had been, with the pinned police steadily losing ground. It was looking bad. The sudden grab of one of the members of the gang, however, succeeded at turning fire inwards.

The one that was grabbed scrambled, and with surprisingly quick-witted thinking, fired his gun at his assailant. It didn't stop him from passing out, though. His gunfire made the whole group point that direction, and some of them weren't hesitant to shoot... even when that meant riddling their comrade with holes. They'd shoot the entire wall just to find whatever hero had grabbed him. This wasn't their first rodeo.

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Kameron Esters- Kameron Esters-

1612838199871.pngA New Orphan
Kayla yawned in her chair, barely managing to stay awake. The rough knocking of a man at the door, however, jolted her to attention. Her dad hadn't come home last night. She could already feel he was dead. She already knew. But... answering that door felt so scary.

It took a moment of her readjusting her clothes awkwardly for her to open the door and look up at the paladin. Her eyes were tired. She had been crying. God, he was massive. He absolutely towered over her with his height. She was only 5'5, not small, but he looked at least a foot taller. Her eyes drifted to her father's sword, and tears threatened to well up again.

"At least he got to die fighting. A warrior's death...," she muttered, stepping to the side, "Come in. You can sit on the sofa. No helmets while in the apartment. I'll start up some tea..." Kayla fell silent, moving into the kitchen, though they could still see each other through the half-wall. "I have no other family. Do you follow old world rules?"

Deus Vult

Jakub wasn't a man without pity for those that had done no wrong. What was man without love for his fellow man after all? He looked down at her, giving a small nod of understanding. The poor girl, he hoped she would find comfort in knowing her father found his redemption in death. The 6'5 man entered the house, reaching up to his helm and slowly removing it to reveal slightly messy blonde hair and an impressive and aged scar across the right side of his face from his temple to his chin, running across his eye. And his eyes, so hard and stern they could bore through rock.

He entered the living room and settled into a seat, carefully laying her fathers sword on the coffee table for her. A man's sword was right to be returned to the heir after all. The crusader settled his helmet in his lap, running a gauntleted hand through his hair to adjust it a bit. "I do. By etiquette you are mine to train and raise to ensure the survival of your bloodline and that you can survive the world." His voice was firm and strong, the voice of a man who knew what he was saying and didn't mince words, the voice of a leader perhaps? "Know your father found redemption in death, which is all one can truly hope for many days. He spoke highly of you. Your name is Kayla, yes?" The crusader's eyes leveled on her as she went about preparing tea.
85138e0c11f774269a912da0ceb8023c.jpg

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Oriax
Somewhere... | "Yeah I don't want to know what dead flesh tastes like."

Oriax's face scrunched up at the reminder that practically any demon - or person, for that matter, could eat a corpse if they so wished. "Nah, I'd rather eat dirt," he quickly told her, pushing the thought of the taste of rotted flesh out of his mind. It was frightening how well he could imagine the taste, despite having never let any of it even remotely close to his tongue.

"Ok, ok, I mean, I did offer that option, but I have no fucking clue how," Oriax declared sheepishly, following Dantalion's decision to take their ever-faithful, vile, sacrilegious abomination of a half-succubus maid . "Well, whatever, I'll just text her or something... does Hell have mobile coverage? Wait Hell doesn't even have phones. Ah, screw it, I'm sure some magitech communication device picks up phone signals, right?" he joked. Though it was difficult to take the demon-assassin seriously, his expertise in his field of expertise were nothing to scoff at - thus Dantalion's suggestion of working as one of those 'costumed morons' was a rather suitable suggestion, if not for Oriax's apparent distaste for 'justice' or similarly trashy, corny and idealistic bullshit of the sort.

"Superhero work? Seriously? You know how much I hate those annoying fuckers? Especially the ones that stroke themselves off to their own self-righteousness. The best ones are the ones that also give you these long, winded speeches on the value and beauty of life or whatever. I usually slit their throats in the first four seconds of them opening their mouth though." With a small huff, Oriax fell backwards, as if plunging into a chair - only that there was no chair to fall into, only the cold, hard floor. In that same moment, wisps of shadows from all around the alley flew away from the object that had cast it, coagulating into an amorphous mass of pitch-black ooze that shaped and solidified into a bench which Oriax sat upon, legs crossed.

"You know, I never noticed how scary your eyes looked," Oriax said with a smirk. It seemed as though insensitive comments were something one had to become accustomed to around the assassin. "Well whatever, I suppose cleaning this city's trash is a good way to show off to all the human girls, eh?" He let out a small snicker, eyes shifting toward the raven perched upon his shoulder. "So then, 'Little-Miss-All-Knowing-Crow-Junior', or would you prefer 'Lady Conniving, Scheming Motherfucker The Second'? Why don't we go get some 'paper' while you explain to this ever-the-uneducated assassin on what you've got in mind? By the way, I fucking hate it when specific details are withheld. So I expect every last tiny detail of your little scheme, or I might just feel inclined enough to sell your ass to Lord Belial for a quick buck." The last part was a joke. Probably. It was difficult to discern when Oriax was joking and when he was entirely serious.

With that, the bench of shadows under Oriax suddenly collapsed, returning to a black 'fluid' that stretched upward, completely engulfing Oriax and the raven on his shoulder, crashing into the ground before dispersing, the two demons disappearing with it. After a few repeats of his 'shadowstepping' trick, they'd find themselves in a tiny, cramped space, which would be revealed to be the cupboard in what appeared to be a Walmart break-room? Oriax looked around the room filled with tables and blindingly colourful plastic chairs, before heading to the door, pulling on the handle, which didn't budge whatsoever.

"Fuck, it's locked," he groaned, opening his right palm in which a black dagger materialised. He drove the thing inside the tiny crevice between the door and wall, and forcefull wedged it open with sheer force, the door quite literally breaking off, adding to the body count of doors he had brutally murdered in one day. Needless to say, it wasn't exactly a subtle entrance, though the demon seemed less than concerned. "Why'd you need paper anyway?" He asked Dantalion, glancing around nonchalantly. "This place is as fucking big as Hell's markets. And fuck me, navigating those damn labyrinths isn't my job, it's Lilia's," he groaned to himself.

And no, he had no intention of paying for the door. Or the paper.

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Last edited:
magnus.jpgMagnus at the Underground Club
He couldn't be seen right now. One of the benefits of being dead, he supposed. To be seen, he had to put out the effort. He always did. Put out effort to be seen, put out a lot of effort to be physical, put out a ton of effort to touch things. That wasn't a big deal right now, though. Right now, his focus was on the poor sap in the ring. They looked like a kid, a half-breed by what the monster running the show said.

He didn't say anything until spoken to, and even then, spoke telepathically to her, "That mongrel that touched you is currently experiencing a terrible migraine with a sudden and unexplained onset, courtesy of me. Now then... as for how to deal with this... I'd like to save as many of the poor saps as possible. We have to sort them out, see who among them actually should be hunted and who should not have been in the first place. I think removing the head of the ringleader would be a good first step. In the chaos, line the doorway with thread. See how many of them slice themselves trying to escape. It would be one iota of the pain they've caused. Then, once the animals have been corralled... I suppose we can have fun with them."

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Aelia Aeldyne Aelia Aeldyne

Bryne.pngBryne
Holy crap she was such a batshit crazy girl.

He didn't respond to her ranting. He didn't even push her off or anything when she decided to lay against him. In fact, he let his hand pet her hair, his fingers trailing along the soft blue locks. "You didn't even heat them back up or anything," he mumbled, "It would taste better that way. Meh, whatever. You do you. Am I comfortable or something?"

The answer was probably yes.

"For a couch, this isn't too uncomfortable. I'm still tired, though."

Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving

Viona

Viona was shocked when the old man grabbed her. she was about to shove him away before her eyes went wide as she was assaulted with the visions. Her breath became ragged as her eyes darted about unable to see anything from the visions. "wh-wha what is this!" she said as her breath was starting to exhale greenish gas. she broke free from the old man freaking out as she fell over tripping as she tried to run away. The suit began flashing. "Warning, Warning, subject in critical mental state. reccemond immediate evacuation of area for safety" a recorded voice said from the suit as Viona was hyperventilating. Her eyes bloodshot, the suit was barely able to keep up with Viona. A warning alert being sent to both the lab and corvus.

Claymore

"Anonymous tip has come in about an underground fighting ring. Limited information available. Requesting hero to investigate undercover and if necessary take the ring down."

And it was a red alert, too. Urgency, then. She checked the address; interestingly, it was close to her current position. The Lord had work for His sword, then. Eva steered her motorbike, heading towards the designated position of the alert while responding to the police central in her comlink.

"Claymore, copy. On my way to the destination, ETA 2 minutes. Please keep a medical team on standby. Over."

She let her thoughts err after she got confirmation from the police that her com had been heard.

A fighting ring, huh ? The spectrum of possibilities was wide, but the dispatch center wouldn't have classified the issue as a code red if it was only some sort of underground brawling club. On the other hand, maybe it was just the standard procedure until the whereabouts of the problem were ascertained. Perhaps it was just a few hotheads punching the brains out of each other under the cheers of a drunk crowd. That would not be much of a danger - unless someone happened to be powered in which case things could degenerate quickly; taking down the ring wouldn't even be necessary in that case, merely making sure the participants had medical supplies at hand. Perhaps it was beasts, animals and monsters pitted against one another, or fools with heads full of wine trying to take on a wild thing stronger than themselves. That would be much more concerning already. A rampaging monster in the streets would cause many casualties, and perhaps more than a few fatalities. She would have to put the things down, if it happened that they weren't domesticated as combat animals. The last option was the one that made her send a silent prayer to the heavens; people held captive and forced to fight against one another. There would be no forgiveness awaiting those committing such a sin, only the edge of a sword ending their earthly lives and sending their souls to Hell for punishment.

She stopped her bike once the GPS notified her that she had arrived at her destination, and parked near the building that'd been pointed out. It was remarkably unremarkable, a bunch of old stores affixed to a warehouse, the whole looking something halfway between shabby and seedy. It didn't seem like much from the outside, but Eva could hear the music thumping from where she stood; it was grating to hear. That boded ill; music of that style played so loud was a reliable indicator that there'd be quite a crowd inside and that the people would be at least somewhat riled up already. Oh well.

She stepped off her bike, checked that her armor was still well inside the underseat compartment, locked it and put the security cable around the front wheel and the lamppost she was parked under. Next was the equipment verification. Helmet... she passed her hands on it, trying to find any cracks or traces of damage, but there were none; helmet, check. The armor under her leather coat was fine, she'd inspected it before going and she'd not gotten it in use since. Her black bodysuit was similarly undamaged, and her boots were inconspicuous as always, a basic model you could buy at nearly any store. Last was her sword, which due to length had its tip peeking out beneath the back of her coat, but unless one looked closely it would not be noticeable. She'd just have to be careful not to throw her head back or the bonking noise would alert the people around her.

She breathed in, breathed out. Her upper fangs were grinding against her lower ones, and she had a bad feeling about the whole situation. There were very few places she enjoyed finding herself at, but beyond that, this place definitely had a spot among the ones she'd find herself eager to leave behind. Oh well. The mission the Lord had entrusted to her was not for the faint of heart anyway, so she pushed the door and stepped in.

The music assaulted her ears, making her feel dizzy for a few moments, before she found herself able to take in the whole scenery. What she beheld made her want to lit the place on fire and call it a day of good work done in God's name. Customers, countless people without virtue sprawling across the expanse, the staff clad in vulgar outfits, alcohol flowing like a sea of red and yellow-tinted white. In itself, all of that was already disgusting enough to her eyes, but not actually illegal - provided the owner had their license for selling the alcohol. And then she noticed what was standing in the middle of the room.

It was like a black haze that'd fallen over her eyes, thick and pulsing and nauseating, a little voice sounding like honey to her ears telling her to draw her sword and be fucking done with this place of sin. Her fangs were grinding hard with a nerve-shredding sound that only her could hear and her heartbeat was pulsing in her temples, pounding in her ears every second between the beats of that sickening music. Her breath was ragged and her throat was dry. Her fingers were itching to leap over her shoulder and wrap around the hilt of her sword.

Lord, please give me strength.

There would be corpses on the floor today.

Gritting her teeth, she quashed the little voice; she would not give in to her impulses. It was obvious to her now; the Lord had sent her here to be His executioner. The animals gathered here wearing people's faces were no longer allowed to stain the world with their actions. Those beasts who called themselves men, saying they heeded a higher purpose, hunting down other people like prey, toying with lives for their own amusement in this grisly spectacle... There would be no mourning for them.

More importantly, though, there were people to save. Vampires, starved and thirsty and put in chains, hurt and wounded and left without care, and one of them was a child. No, Eva would find no regret in ending the hunters' lives. That was the word she lived by. Be kind to the virtuous and the hurt, be wrathful to the wicked. Today would be a day of wrath.

Now, there was still one major issue; numbers. Eva was confident in her ability, but the sheer amount of monsters here - most whom could probably sniff out her own nature and respond with armaments she'd be vulnerable to - was a threat in itself. On top of that, risks were that the slavers would free the vampires to throw them at her and chances were high they'd be too afraid to turn on their captors. But... ah, near the cage. A face she recognized. Church folks knew about each other, most of the time, and this one was on the list of people Anton had told her about. An european exorcist, Blessed Death. Now, what would an exorcist be useful here, she did not know, but chances were she had aces up her sleeves. Of course, in the small possibility that she was there to enjoy, she'd be cut down like the rest.

Anyway, Eva walked up to the other woman, waiting for a little while as she had a minor altercation with a thing that believed itself deserving of attention. She snorted, and approached after it was gone. When she spoke, it was with a calculated tone, low enough that anyone trying to overhear would find the words lost beneath the blasting music.

"Claymore here. You should be Blessed Death, unless I'm mistaken. Further introductions later, if you don't mind. I am urging to put an end to this horrid display."

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Deathkitten Deathkitten

Last edited:
Sherm sighed. He didnt really trust the reaper, let alone most magical entities. But he didnt really have a choice. Turning to avro "Its not like were given a choice. When it comes people working for higher beings. I guess we should be thankful she took the time to ask us willingly. Though, even if we said no. Avro would still be taken for the investigation wouldnt she?" sherm asked as he glanced to secretary. "I guess we should accept the offer. better for us to go with you then you alone." he said still a bit hesitant.

Deathkitten Deathkitten ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

Avro Hawker.pngAvro
Avro stared at the unconscious body of Panzer, resisting the urge to grin. Panzer had such a disgusting grin when she got excited. The others were looking to her for an answer... She sighed, "Right... Miss Reaper, please give us a moment, and then I'll be willing to go with you, I suppose. Sherm, I'm going to put Panzer in bed." As she spoke, she hefted her would-be sister-in-law into her arms, "While I'm doing so, please go grab some information scramblers for the three of us. If whoever we're going to visit has some ability to get in our heads or see our past or whatever, there's stuff in all three of us that we'd rather not have someone know. Schematics among them. Secretary, come with me, just in case she manages to wake up."

She hated her... though... hate probably wasn't the right word. Panzer scared her. Kali scared her a lot more. Sherm still cared about his sister, despite everything, and she wasn't ready to tell him what happened. Avro didn't really feel ready to talk about it at all. This little demon in her arms enjoyed her murder way too much. But because Sherm cared about her, she'd offer her niceness despite everything. Avro tucked her into a guest bedroom, then looked to Secretary, "I haven't had much of a chance to say it... but thank you for being here for Sherm."

Her eyes teared up, "I can only imagine how difficult it has been for him... you're amazing..."

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

Dantalion.pngDantalion
"Villain work would be less consistent, and I wouldn't sleep well at night doing such unnecessary dirty work," she said simply, offering a small huff in return for his as his fall forced her to take to the air again, "I've rarely had reason to look scary... and without my eyes... it was difficult to feel confident while being blind and reliant on everyone else." He may have meant it as something insensitive, but it left her with a little hint of pride.

She perched back onto his shoulder again and continued to watch him. Then, he did something that completely caught her by surprise, and they appeared in a store.

In response to the change in location, Dantalion took her human form again, looking at Oriax with just about the most incredulous expression. He thought she meant actual paper. She... wow. Sometimes he was such an idiot. Shaking her head, she hooked her arm in his and started to pull him away from the destroyed mess of a closet door. "Oriax," she sighed, "dear, you... amaze me sometimes. Do you know that? I don't want actual paper. I meant a license. I was referring to a hero license in a cheeky manner... Ugh. We're here anyway. We need groceries and household necessities, so we might as well grab a cart and gather such things. You get to push."

LostHaven LostHaven

Kayla.pngKayla
When she returned with the cups, she paused a moment to grimace at the sword on the table, "That poor thing needs a good cleaning... probably a resharpening too... and when's the last time your armor has been tended to... um... what's your name, sir? I'm at a disadvantage. You know my name." She tried to smile a little at her own teasing, but the effort laid weak on her face. "What a strange rule of both your times... Well, I guess there's no helping it. I lost my mother at birth, essentially, and he was the only one I had left."

"Are you powered?" she asked, taking a sip of her hot tea. It wasn't fantastic, but how much could one expect from storebought packets? "I am. It's not really applicable in today's time, but I'm trained with a sword, too. My dad... he made sure of that."

Selene.pngSelene
Selene just about jumped out of her skin when he tapped on her shoulder, and the laptop nearly got yeeted across the room. She squeaked and jerked upright to look at her father with wide eyes, "Tha-you-I... what?!" Setting her laptop to the side about as fast as she could, Selene moved to hug him. This felt like the first time she really had a chance to hug him... She started to cry. Tears absolutely streamed down her face as she hiccupped and clung to him. "How are you here?!" she whispered, voice harsh, desperate for him to be real.

"A-and... yes... I... um... I'm trying to read one of your papers," she explained after a moment, "It's hard... but I like it. I've been trying to read it for a few hours now."

shield.pngHellscape
Was he terrified of this monster of an angel? Absolutely. Did her hold on his throat and head hurt? Of course. He wasn't immune to pain or damage mentally - it was his biggest weakness as far as defense went. Still... he didn’t want to give in to her stupid, selfish behavior.

His first response to the woman? Bite the shit out of her arm. He knew it wouldn’t hurt, but he couldn’t just NOT fight back. He was quite literally not still all bark.

“Get your hands off, Agas!” He shouted as best he could, “Isn’t this situation more important than your stupid behavior? I haven’t even done that much sinful stuff! You’re wasting time and I’m not good at this ability thing yet. If you hurt me too much or if I pass out or whatever, you’re the one who’s to blame.”

Spitfire, who Darren managed to pull in somehow despite the pain and suffering named Agas, was concerned by her sister’s actions. He could see the strange man’s sins now... and he had done some bad things... but what was the point of this? She didn’t want to speak out though... she still had a lot to learn, after all.

Focus turned to her though, and she tensed, “I thought I was somehow going to share the memory with you... not just tell you. I don’t know what more I can say, unfortunately.”

“Well if she puts me down and goes to you I should be able... to facilitate that,” Darren struggled to say, “I’m not... exactly familiar, but the general idea is to have you two touch each other, and then the memories go from you, Spitfire, to Agas... of the specific thing you’re thinking about. It should be as easy as that, I just need to be able to focus... Agas.”

Vice
Vice mused over the request, “Mm... sure. I’ll list off all the stuff I know about happening right now. Some people are gonna shut down an underground fighting ring. There’s a fight over an artifact. Ah... there are two fights currently ongoing concerning OA members. This event you guys just handled - which, well done, very entertaining to watch on the news but handled so swiftly. Then there’s a crazy guy on a corner prothsletizing... er... however you say that word. And an ex mafia don slaughtering some guys that cheated him. Those are all the main events going on, so to speak, that I know of. I could totally point you in the direction of an event not listed on the radio yet that I happen to know about~ Since I’ve - well, the other me - has been so busy, I heard about some shady stuff going on.”

She leaned back in her chair as she spoke to him, “A new drug that’s hitting the market. I suppose it’d be best to stop it before it has a chance to grow in popularity. I imagine Sato might be able to hunt it down from the wind if given a sample to track?”

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back