• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
tabby.pngThe Crater
Tabby watched Axiom walk off and sighed quietly, her eyes drifting to Thomas, "You're such a dad, Thomas." She internally cringed. Maybe that was a bad thing to say. "Erm... I mean... you kind of remind me of my dad. You're fatherly. If the beast was out of the equation I'd probably call you Uncle Thomas or something." Did that make it better or worse? Fudgebuckets. She brought out her phone, fiddling with it for a bit of a distraction. She really wanted to set up some sort of meeting with his kid... or at least just a phone call... or something. Would something small only make him sadder? Like if she got ahold of his kid's schoolwork or something for him to look at... that'd be easier than getting the brass to agree to anything else. Baby steps, right? But would that just make him a bucket of sadness? But he could like... look it over and stuff and it'd be helpful... and sweet... and... fuck it, she was texting her superior about it. Granted... she texted them ideas like every other day, but... still! Maybe this one would be different.

John seemed unbothered by her gaze. He was used to it. He looked strange, even stranger for the fact that he didn't hide what he was. That was a part of his pride that refused to die out. He gave a small smirk at her rough handling of the young man. Well... maybe that'd get more information out of them sooner. Poor kid. He was an idiot and a criminal, but damn, to ruin your life that early. Condolences to his parents... though, he wasn't dead yet. They had to treat him as he was - alive.

"Caleb!" he screamed out in pain, trying to squirm away from the chains to no avail. In all honesty, his tolerance for such things wasn't very good. "I don't want to die. Please don't let me die. My mom and dad would be... be broken... my cats and my dog would wonder what happened to me. They wouldn't understand why I never came home. Please. I'll tell you anything just please don't let me die."

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Kameron Esters- Kameron Esters-

Thomas and Soulflare

Thomas glanced at Tabby, internally deflating with each comment. She was trying to help but...it just made it worse. "Uh...thanks." He wasn't sure how to respond to that, any of it. If beast wasn't a thing, she'd call him uncle but...did that just disqualify him from the title from basic relation to the damn thing? The what if's and what about's circled in his head in a demented merry go round, and he just gave another nod to her. "Thanks..."

Soulflare stared down at the young man, the chain giving his throat an uncomfortable choke hold before releasing him, coiling back around her arm. "I can make that arrangement then. Star talking. Spill everything you know, and you won't die. Prove your an asset instead of a liability. If you can't even tell us anything of use, or be of use to anyone, what reason do we have to let you live? You want your life, earn it, Caleb. So...start talking." She wasn't sure if they could really keep the damn kid alive if the O.A really wanted him dead, but if he was willing to talk just for a promise they'd keep him alive, that was easy enough.
Deathkitten Deathkitten Kameron Esters- Kameron Esters-

Mia.pngMia
Her getting lifted over the table and plopped outside of it was moot at this point since the guy had joined them now, but it did make her giggle considerably. This group was so much fun! They were so hard to follow! She was going to answer Morgan's question, but with the return of the man, he asked a question in Latin. So, like a switch was flipped, her language changed to fit. Her father had done a lot of work on languages, so much so that he even made an algorithm to approximate accents based on the information they had available with ancient dead languages such as latin. This resulted in her having a little bit of a strange tone to her words, but she was perfectly fluent.

"Theme occidendum has porro been a praevalentis per historiae decursum. Est probabiliter optima commutauit animus tua esse amica, daemonium. Vetus sicut harenaeego áuferant eam?" she asked, smiling up at the man who was now beside her thanks to Aia's movement. Her voice changed back to English, and she gave Morgan another wide smile, "It feels like nothing I can approximate to a human sensation, unfortunately, but I can try to grasp at straws to give you some idea of it. When I touch something with technological bits that are unprotected from my means, it's no different than having an extra arm. My mind simply extends to reach. The problem comes in knowing how to move a new limb. There's not really a good manual for that. I can also extend my mind to a completely different location, or even abandon this body temporarily if I wanted to. I just need a connection. That's all it takes. After all, I'm just a complicated set of software in a shell of really complicated hardware!"

She seemed pleased with that explanation and had a bit of pride concerning her makeup. She was a masterpiece. Her Father's greatest work alongside her sister. She had every reason to be proud.

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles LostHaven LostHaven @Kyrenka Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving (She is more fluent than google translate, but here's the approximate translation: Murder has long been a prevailing theme throughout history. It's probably best that your intent has changed to be friendly, demon. Old as sand, I take it?)

Thyris

Thyris smiled gently stroking her lovers head. keeping her close. "We got out of the book before. well get out again dear. Until then. visit my book all you want." she planted a small kiss on Satos mask before turning her attention to vice. "thank you very much. I shall treasure them and make sure they grow well." a tentacle of hers slowly approached the ball of water, going inside stroking the fishes scales. "James. Please remember to rest. Or ill have to ask Sophia to use the frying pan again. With Vices gift. we should be able to last much longer then before so don't rush. Besides. If Sophia wont. Ill make vice use the frying pan instead. Your sleep is important. Or should I ask Sophia to summon a certain elf friend of yours to knock you out when tired? " she said smiling showing her line of shark like teeth. her eyes having a dangerous glow. She knew what to say to get most of them to listen. All she had to do was convince Sophia knocking James out was for his own health. Vice seemed sweet and would do it for James own good. And well. If she came here... she might knock James out just for fun. A good threat against James considering the past.

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Deathkitten Deathkitten

vice.pngVice
"Um... so...," Vice muttered rubbing the back of her head awkwardly, "James I'm happy that Goddess Sato can be here instead of... there... but I... kinda feel like a third wheel now. Fourth if I'm behind you. Should... we go meet the last girl? I understand she's violent, but... I can handle myself, I promise. And you're welcome for the fish, Thyris. As soon as I have enough energy to finish out the common-room, it'll be great. I would love all you guys to help decorate it. I don't want it to just be about me."

She walked up to James and hooked her arm around his, "So... um... Also, is there anything you want to show me, James? I've just been pulling you about. I'm sorry."

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

James and Sato

Sato gave a mumbled 'mhm', burying her face into Thyris shoulder and just staying there. There was no point or reason to close her eyes, besides it felt nice to have them shut right now. Otherwise, it was all the same end result as always. Blackness. James, for his part, looked absolutely terrified, a bit pale in the face. "Thyris....thyris, please don't joke about that. I'll sleep, I promise." Being hit upside the head? Sure, that was alright. Being hit by the elf? Not fine, terrible in fact. Besides, she had her own life now...dammit, he hoped she didn't trash his apartment while he was gone.

Looking at Vice he huffed a bit, deflating like a balloon. "If you want to meet Hignar, fine. But you have to be ready to evacuate us in a moment's notice. I don't have anything I really want or need to show you...I don't enter grimoires, remember? Uh...yea. Just...take us to Hignar, I guess." It physically hurt him to make that request. Both because of the actual pain he'd be experiencing, and hignar's...other tendencies.
Deathkitten Deathkitten Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

Raum
Diner | "The sands of time are far older than I."

The archdemon seemed pleasantly surprised when the construct was the first to answer, in that old, extinct language. "Aha, don't fret, I can hardly throw a fist to injure a rodent, I dare not spark any violent dispute here," he assured Visvian who waddled off back to their own table and begun to once again gorge on mountains of human food. "Let us hope your appetite doesn't devour my bank balance to naught," he joked with an amused look on his face.

He then cast his gaze back upon the construct, beginning to formulate all sorts of ideas as to how he would toy with it, for his own curiosity, or amusement. "Ebd mi imjd? (Old as sand?)" Raum suddenly began to speak some language that sounded like some sort of gibberish - each syllable echoed with a dreadful note, and even his tone took on a much coarser, unsettling feel. "Jeh tpnhl, srnbd. Hrl imjdi ez hnal wgldmhl lwlj sglmhnej - n dmgl jeh he sbmna ipsr mjhntpnho. (Not quite, child. The sands of time predate even creation - I dare not to claim such antiquity.)" He had begun to speak in a demonic tongue, considered ancient even by the 'older' hellspawn. Of course, Raum didn't expect the 'girl' to understand his words whatsoever - though, the current language spoken in Hell did have some parallels with the ancient. Perhaps there was some sort of cipher for Demonic in the construct's records?

"I must say, though, that 'artificial soul' of yours is quite astounding," the demon added, returning to speaking English - his Demonic was starting to garner quite a few uncomfortable glances. "Not a shred of magic, and instead composed of algorithms written and stored via some form of an electrical signal, without a single drop of mana. Not even alchemy nor magitech could truly create a creature as lifelike as you. Though, I wonder, is it truly a soul in its entirety, or simply an imitation yet still? Can it truly pass to the world beyond, and be plucked from it by necromancy?" He bombarded Mia with all sorts of questions that not even a 'masterpiece' such as herself would know. However, not even he knew the answers - this was the first-time case. After all, it was impossible to create advanced undead using homunculi, which were simply puppets of flesh. Even less so with golems that would almost be considered 'alive'. And moreover, this was accomplished without even a shred of magic used in the process, and nor did the construct possess even a minuscule particle of mana.
Deathkitten Deathkitten Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

ada.jpgAda and Sean
Sean froze a little, suddenly pretty damned nervous about the prospect. More than he already was. Ada was grinning, though. She waited until her dad finished up his food, then continued talking about it.

"Soooo, we could just do it here on the grass?" Ada offered, glancing at Sean with a smirk, "I wanna see what he's got to offer anyway. It'll be fun! I'd never expect you to pull punches though."

Sean opened his mouth a little, closing it with a soft hm sound. He was scared now. "So... um... that... I..."

"You'll be fiiiine. He's not gonna kill you or something. Besides. Sitting for so long sucks. It's good to stretch!"

His guards had caught up by that point, all of them save for Travis who was nowhere to be seen. Mister Keeler gave a small wave from the front of the pack. "Are we talking about getting some exercise?!" he shouted, laughing as he nearly made Sean jump out of his skin with a pat to his back, "Sounds great. We're always trying to get Sean to exercise more. Maybe Ada can be exactly the sort of motivation he needs. Or fear of you, Casey! Heh."

Sean, the poor kid, looked so tense. He forced a small smile, "Ah... y-yeah... I guess we can do... that."

"Ada, would you like to with one of us?" he asked, and Ada's grin turned wider.

"Absolutely!" she squeaked, bounding over as she tossed her little jacket off, "Don't hold back though, yeah?"

Keeler looked to Casey, "Is not holding back alright?"

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

Gaggle o demons.

Diadem paused hearing seivas words. "If you must know. I plan to give her a dinner befitting of gods. I believe I shall crack open a bottle of ambrosia for her return." He explained a small smile gracing his sullen face. As melita grabbed his arm hus eyes went wide and he quickened his stride. "Boy! Hurry yourself" he said sternly as shard walked after them. "Listen. I need a VIP call out. Theres a demon lost in LA. No harm can come to her. LA might literally be flooded with blood." There was a twinge of worry to his words. "Name is chrysalia Lucrum. The wife of demon lord Diadem. If they look a bit like a moth. Its her." He explained to jupiter. She should understand the weight of his words.

Deathkitten Deathkitten ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

seiva face.jpgSeiva and the Gaggle (A great band name?)
"Yeah, good luck with that idea, Shard. Diadem, it's likely she's hurt to some degree. You need to accept that now," Seiva said, partially interrupting Shard, "But LA isn't the enemy with that. The OA is. And the OA won't be taken out by a dumb blood flood. That would only make everything infinitely more difficult with all the hero bullshit getting in your way and getting her more hurt. Got it? I'm on your side with this though. They will see vengeance brought upon them. Don't you worry. I'd bring armies down to make sure if I had to. But yeah... Zuzu was found trying to fight cars. Who knows what mess Chrysalia was brought into."

Jupiter, on the other side of the phone, shouted at Shard, "Cool. Cool. I'll jot that down BUT FIRST YOUR FUCKING STEPDAUGHTER BROUGHT DOWN THE ENTIRETY OF THE STADIUM. ITS GONE, SHARD. GONE. Lucky for you I don't think others know who did it yet but holy fuck. I get that she's strong but she's a goddamned meatheaded sack of muscle with no concern for her surroundings. She's your child... so reprimand her severely or I will make sure to do so myself." She huffed out an annoyed breath, "Now then. What the fuck do you mean a VIP callout? You want HEROES to search for a delicate little moth lady? Heroes that will get the attention of villains who want to cause problems? How long has she been missing for? Have you just waited for her to make her way home yet?"

Meanwhile, Melita, likely unbothered by everyone's ramblings, continued on the trail.

Chrysalia was indeed injured, but mostly she was soaked to the bone and cold in this stormy weather. She had already made a number of "friends" in the form of gang members, who were now too afraid of her to act against her after one of them tried, and failed, to mug her. She was trying, now, to get warm and dry again in their quaint little warehouse of operations. She brewed them some tea and was having a sit-down with their boss as the gaggle of demons trode on.

Melita
The demons around her bickered endlessly, back and forth, and never ceasing. Weren't they supposed to be an older race with a bit more...tact? Truly, the living were a mess, be they human, demonic, or otherwise. "I'm beginning to wonder if this cooperation is worth it with them," a voice hummed in her head, to which she only gave a mental hum of acknowledgement back in turn. Pausing at a crossroads she snapped her attention to the right, tugging along Diadem like a mother and their misbehaving child. "This warehouse. One second, please. I'm forgoing 'tact' for results. I'm sure you understand." Coming up to the door to the warehouse she tried the door only to find it locked, earning a small sigh from her. Well, let it never be said she didn't make an attempt. "Lord Diadem Lucrum, if you will be so kind as to be calm and collected and not kill someone, it would be appreciated. You'll only stall my duties if I have to divert souls...and as we're on a mutually beneficial mission, I'm hoping you can respect that request."

Raising her leg up in one swift motion she kicked the door, sending flat on the ground with an audible 'slam', tugging Diadem in by his arm. Her eyes landed on Chryssalia, a small incline of the head towards her. "Chrysalie Lucrum. I have been searching for you. I will allow the reunion before I speak."
Erise.png

Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon Deathkitten Deathkitten

Casey Kemp

Casey gave a shrug, already starting to roll up his sleeves. "Grass, sure. I have no intention of killing him anyways, your right. I will however bend his leg behind his head in a fashion that he'd find very very uncomfortable if he tries to 'cheat' with his abilities. If he's reliant on them, he's already losing a fight." Glancing towards Keeler and the rest he gave a nod, mood cool as always. "Ada wants me to give him a few lessons. So I hope you don't mind if I knock your charge around a little bit. Ada's a good motivator...but if fear is what does it for him, I can give him that too."

Casey raised his fist to the palm of his hand, giving a cacophonous crack of his knuckles and repeating the process with his other hand. Hearing his question about holding back he gave Keeler a dry look, before starting towards the grass. "Holding back is just insulting, to both of us I think. Give her everything you have. She won't learn otherwise...and you'll wind up on the floor if you hold back." He had no doubt these guards were good...but he also knew that Ada could be better, if she wasn't already. He trained her after all...she was a kemp. Turning around on the grass, he made a 'come here' motion towards Sean. "Approach me however you like. Try to hit me wherever you want. If you use your powers what so ever, I'm going to kick your ass for real. This is a training exercise, you don't cheat out of it. Alright. Start when you're ready." Casey readied his stance, giving a firm nod to Sean.
5d9f509160e302f51f33865e1c6b04a6.png

Deathkitten Deathkitten

mister keeler.pngAda and Crew
Sean swallowed hard and readied himself as best he could as Mister Keeler just laughed in agreement with Casey's comments. He smirked, "Nah he needs a tougher skin. We hardly mind. Besides, you two seem like good people, and we're right here anyway."

Sean groaned, "Thanks. Um... I'm sorry if I disappoint you. I'm not really good at this."

Ada had no such concerns with Keeler, and within a few seconds had already smacked her leg into his, pulled, and knocked him unbalanced and to the floor. This was before Keeler had even said start. She wanted to punctuate what her father had said about pulling punches, and did so with a huuuuuge smile on her face. They'd probably wonder why she was so good at combat... oh well. This was too fun to pass up.

She readied her stance and chuckled as Keeler stood again, "Gotta keep up~"

The other guards snerked and chuckled about it, grinning at their leader's fall. He was smiling, himself, though, and readied his own stance, "Noted. Potent little power there. I'm intrigued."

Sean rather awkwardly readied himself as well, "You... want me to just attack you or something? But no powers... great..." He knew he was gonna be sore later for this. He moved forward, hesitating more than a little bit, and made an effort to tap Casey's arm with a fist. Even if it connected, which was... doubtful to be optimistic... it was weak as a flower."

vice.pngVice
Vice was ready for a fight... and how it sounded, she’d have to defend James, too. She’d have to make sure to make an impression on her. After all, it wouldn’t be fair not to meet her... and if she needed to put her on a leash, then she’d have no qualms with it. Outside of these grimoires she might have trouble with it, it wasn’t her domain, but in? Inside? She could go toe to toe with just about anyone. That limit happened to be named Sophia, but Sophia was very cute and seemed nice, luckily enough.

So, she moved them. Sure, she was tired, but that little tinge of adrenaline from excitement was already trickling in. When they appeared in that wide empty field, she wasted no time.

Vice blinked forward to one of the massive feet of the fearsome beast that was Hignar, and should she connect, flipped her over into the air onto to smash her face into the ground. The next move after that was to loop a thin ribbon around her neck if she could, and should that be successful, that was when she would introduce herself.

“I am Vice. Nice to meet you, Hignar. I’ll be helping keeping James safe for the foreseeable future. This includes from you. I wanted to make this clear immediately. Act out while I’m within earshot and I will castrate you and feed you your ovaries to curb any unwanted behaviors.”

Casey Kemp

'Good people' was a term he didn't like to apply to himself, let alone anyone else for that matter. Good was subjective, just like evil. But if being a 'good' person kept Keeler's questions to a minimum, so be it. "You only disappoint by not trying, or trying to cheat through things. Keep that in mind."Glancing at Ada for a moment he released an internal sigh. Hopefully, she didn't show off too much. He didn't want her pulling punches, but he didn't want her showboating either. Too many questions from Keeler and his men would lead to some annoyances he'd have to quiet.

Glancing back to Sean he gave a firm nod. "Right. Just come at me. Don't use your powers. If you're reliant on them, you're always losing." Sean's movements were clunky and otherwise pathetic. It seemed like he was more concerned that he might actually hit, than actually hitting. As soon as Sean extended his arm for a blow, Casey lashed out and grabbed his arm, effortlessly tossing the young man over his shoulder and stepping around so his arm was bent behind his back at an odd angle. "Lesson one. Learn when to commit. There was no commitment there. Even a novice could have flipped you right there. If you're trying to hit someone, throw a punch like you mean it. Don't half ass it. Hesitation means you get your ass handed to you." Keeping his arm bent in that awkward fashion was borderline painful for a normal person, but pain was a good motivator to learn. Releasing his arm he stepped away, turning around and readying himself again. "Try again."

Deathkitten Deathkitten

James and Hignar

James heaved a small sigh as they were transported, looking around. They were just...in a field. A flat field of nothing but green grass that swayed in the wind. This was Hignar's prison? It seemed...lackluster. It wasn't hard to spot Hignar, just look for the twenty-five-foot behemoth of death who just so...happened to be staring right at them. Before he could even react Vice had 'blinked' to the monster's foot, flipping her into the air and smashing her into the ground. Wasn't she supposed to be tired? Unfortunately, that's as far as she got. The smash to the ground hadn't even disorientated Hignar, a hand lashing out to wrap around Vice before she could successfully 'lasso' her.

"Who are YOU!?" The beast held vice in her grip, holding her aloft as she stood upright. A normal person may have perhaps cheered, or sought out popcorn. Or made a smart decision and slowly backed away. However, James had the impression that moving in the slightest fashion would draw attention to himself. Unfortunately, he was noticed anyway. The balrog's head snapped towards James location, starting to lumber forward. "You came to visit! Wait..." Her eyes darted over towards Vice, a conclusion formulating in her head. "...WHO IS SHE!? ARE YOU CHEATING!?" There was an odd mixture of humor for James to experience at seeing the definitely not feminine creature outcry he was cheating, and the overwhelming sense of dread that filled his very being at what this implied. "What!? No!" Heaving her hand back, Hignar would attempt to hurl Vice towards james like one would throw a softball. "It's okay, your confused! I understand! But we're meant for each other, James! I just have to make you understand it!" A large magma axe formed in her hand as she started to lumber forward, increasing her pace quickly. "Vice I'd very much like to leave now!"
images

Deathkitten Deathkitten

1605475925761.pngAda and Crew
With Mister Keeler actually ready now, he was much harder to get the drop on. Despite having no powers, he could read movements extremly well. With basic techniques, Ada wouldn't be able to get actual hits on him. He kept catching her hand or foot or shin with his arm, but he wasn't going on the offensive at all, just watching her movements. Instead of getting frustrated, though, she was more excited by the prospects of the fight.

Sean let out a little yelp of surprise as he was flipped and his arm was bent. It happened so fast. Despite the pain of his arm being at an odd angle, he didn't fight against it or cry out about it. When he was released, he just stretched his arm with a small sigh and stood up again. He didn't complain or anything, in fact, he just turned to face Casey again with a simple, "Yes sir."

Try to hit him like he meant it... ugh. It wouldn't matter anyway and he couldn't use his powers and ughhhh. But fine. Just do as he said and it'd be over sooner than later. He readied himself to get probably flipped again and moved forward to hit him again. He actually tried this time, and tried to feign a punch only to try to kick out his ankle.

1605478919667.pngVice
Vice was genuinely surprised to get grabbed, her introduction cut off. She didn't fight it as she got tossed through the air back towards James. As she neared his position, her momentum stopped and she flipped like a card to be rightside up beside him. "You sure? I didn't get to say hello properly yet. She interrupted me," Vice complained, sighing as she erected a cube around them as a magical ward. He'd no doubt still want to go, though, so as a last little (perhaps a little immature) jab at the rude beast, she hooked her arm around his waist and disappeared with him.

They reappeared back in her grimoire, and she gave a tired little sigh, her arm releasing from him, "I don't think I like her much. She's rude and feels so violent." Her tail was twitching in annoyance, but she sighed again and moved over to one of her bookshelves, "Sorry. Do you... have anything you'd like to ask about? Or... would you just like to be let out?"

Casey Kemp

Casting a glance in the direction of Ada to take note of how she was doing, he had to admit she was doing well. Keeler was holding his own with no problems, but if he slipped up Ada would be sure to exploit it. Attention drifting back to Sean he gave a nod, watching him approach. Sean lashed out with a feign, but it was obvious and easy to notice with Casey's experience. Casey swayed as the feigned blow went for him, only to take a quick side step as Sean went for his ankle. Bringing his leg up in one swift motion, he sent a kick towards Sean's torso with enough force to likely stagger the young man. "You're actually trying, good. Your feign was obvious. It's not just making the opponent believe your swinging like you mean it, it's having the mindset you intend to hit as well."

Deathkitten Deathkitten

James

James glanced at her, giving a firm nod. "I'm positive. I knew this was a terrible idea." Glancing at the magical ward around them, and the rapidly approaching Hignar, he could only wince a bit. He wasn't sure if this would actually stop her or not at any rate once she got close. "Hey wait, don't hold me like that!" was all he could outcry before the teleported away back to Vice's library. Stepping away from her once he was released he from her grip. "You holding me like that was a terrible idea, and I'm going to hear about it later." He gave a small sigh, hearing the usual complaint that existed with Hignar. "She is violent. And she is rude. So you're about the same as everyone who dislikes her. But...I find that quite sad, honestly. She's a terrible being, in all honesty...but she has her moments. She's saved my life hundreds of times, and she can be interesting to talk to if the mood is right...at one point she held down a full time job. I don't know if it bothers her or not but...it must be a shitty existence, to be hated by everything and everyone. She deserves it, but...she can be helpful as needed. I don't know why I'm trying to defend her. I don't know...she just feels like family now."

He gave a small shrug as he shook his head. "No real questions. Do you have any? I still have to find a hotel or...something to spend the night in. I think by now I look like I've been chilling in the cafe for hours by now, reading the same newspaper or...whatever you left as an illusion...are you alright?" He raised an eyebrow as he folded his arms across his chest, head tilting in question.
aph_fantasia__the_summoner_by_mano_chan-d5h9i9z-1.png

Deathkitten Deathkitten

oa kid.pngCaleb
Caleb was a mess, crying his eyes out, but he nodded eagerly to her promise of keeping him safe. He believed her. "M-m-my parents abused me... I got treated like a freak for having powers... b-but I couldn't do anything so I ran away... and... and the... these robed people were talking to other kids like me in a park... other kids that had run away or didn't have parents... and... and they wanted to help. They had this grand idea of powered people getting back at the assholes that... that were non-powered and cruel. The kinds that wanted people like us dead or worse. They were recruiting us. I don't think any of us realized then that they were... Occard people..."

He sniffled, looking around nervously, "They brought us underground... and... and gave us a choice... work for them or die... we had already spoken to them so there was no escaping... One tried to get away... they... they were nothing but a fine mist afterward... it was horrifying. I've never killed anyone. They wanted us to help with our specialties. Things we were good at. We're just pawns to them, though. We aren't treated the same as the originals. Their main members are terrifying, miss... They... I swear they aren't human."

"I had to help with some planning stuff... planning out new tunnels... the... they... tomorrow is gonna be horrible... They have a whole list of kids... I don't know the list though. They have a whole list of kids they're gonna kidnap and imprison to use as energy. All powered kids. Like a big horrible battery. They're gonna steal kids from all over the city tomorrow."

SoulFlare

Unfortunately for Caleb, Soulflare was a being with little to no empathy or remorse. His story, though terrible, had no heartstrings to tug on. "Newsflash kid. A radical power is just as bad as a radical non-power. Though I hope you figured that out by now. If you think your better than another party, you're already less than them. I know you've never killed anyone. You'd done some terrible things, I know that. I can see that. I don't have time to give you a list as a bedtime story though." She fell silent for a bit, thinking. "That explains why Finis was lurking around a playground though. Human or not, I'll deal with them. As will any other hero who finds them."

She clenched her fist at her side, staring down at him with emotionless and empty eye sockets. "I need more information. How they plan to do these kidnappings. I need information about members of the O.A. And to sate my own curiosity, why does this make two people with 'religious' names? There's you, and there's that Ezekiel woman."
EeJXmO_eNfj0o53-7waA5mzjfZe0TVtHeAhV5ZOZD_3HIBIQo_Ptgx6Z7ok1-P6XmaXr81E1rFg--pv4aRnki5t8alik8HkcIeR48f6bMwfNNMhsLeZnn8UqrkM5NCTV6xF2rddA

Deathkitten Deathkitten Kameron Esters- Kameron Esters-

1605483444113.pngAda and Keeler and Peeps
"How am I supposed to have the mindset I'm gonna hit when my plan isn't even to hit?" Sean asked, still internally groaning, and externally as well from the kick to his midsection. He looked more annoyed at himself than in pain, though. So far, Keeler and the others were way meaner when it came to trying to teach him anything. He stayed standing from the kick, only stepping back one foot to steady himself.

Ada got a little distracted by Sean getting kicked, thinking he looked kinda cute while he was sparring. That distraction was, unfortunately, used by Mister Keeler to grab Ada. In impressive speed for a regular human, he knocked her to the ground with a knee behind her back and had both her hands in one of his. "You're really good at this!" he laughed, "Got a little distracted there, though. From watching you today I think that's one of your biggest hurdles right now. Distractions."

Sean glanced at Ada, but otherwise was focused forward. Keeler was... enthusiastic, but mean. Not as mean as Derrek, though... He sighed and stepped forward, "Can you show me in slow motion how you did that flip?"

Casey Kemp

"Kid, part of the trick is to be convincing as possible. If you're fighting a telepath, you have to make them think you intend to hit. It's body language and your own mental state." He didn't feel like he was giving any groundbreaking life advice, these were things his own guards would probably tell him at one point. "You stayed on your feet, means you can take a swing. That's not a bad sign." Casting a quick glance to Ada who had just gotten pinned he spoke up, voice its usual calm and authoritative fashion. "Ada, focus on your fight." He'd have said more, but he didn't want to play too much of a hand.

Relaxing his stance he gave a nod, motioning for Sean to get closer. "Fine. That'll be your lesson." Once sean had approached he grabbed his arm, holding it up. "Put your hands here...and here." Acting along as he instructed, he stepped a bit closer so his body was closer to seans. "Then move like this. I'm showing you the method that's less likely to dislocate their arm or shoulder. Then, shift your bodyweight...and flip." Giving Sean a firm yank over his shoulder so he was back on the ground, once again. "Don't do this if your opponent is obviously more than you can comfortably flip. Last thing you want is them to get stuck over you midway and crush you. Do you need me to do that again for you?" He didn't classify this as pulling punches, he'd done the same for Ada when they first started. But he'd only hold the boys hand for so long.

Deathkitten Deathkitten

oa kid.pngCaleb
"It wasn't about something being radical... it was... it was naive hope. We didn't know what they'd force us to do," he muttered, head drooping, "I... ok. First, the naming thing... it... it's dumb. It's like a cult. It's something they give everyone. It's like... to denote that you're a chosen of God, or whatever. They think that as we have powers, it's obvious we are the ones God chose to lead. So... to honor that they take names from the bible..."

He rubbed his eyes against his shoulder as best he could, "They've been marking kids for months. Anyone that has over a certain threshold of energy... or in some cases just interesting powers they want to keep on hand. Tomorrow they'll be pulling all their marks. I think... mass teleportation? I don't know. I do know there were a few people that the OA are concerned about disturbing. One person in particular was on the top of the list. His name is Chutes?"

The man behind SoulFlare groaned at the name, "Great... Chutes is someone we've tried and failed numerous times to get to join up as a hero. He'd easily be S-class. He has no interest in fighting, though. No interest in heroics. All he's interested in is his library. Convincing him to help will be like rockclimbing a sheer cliff."

The kid nodded a little, "He's powerful enough to cause them massive problems if he were motivated to. Um... as for... for the members... there are around 70 total. Twelve are in charge, to mimic the bible or something... and then... one that's actually in charge in charge... he's... scary. He's like a prophet to them... but... he's..." Caleb shuddered just thinking about him, "He's got a feeling around him that makes it hard to breathe... it scared all of us to the bone. When he talks it's impossible to look away. His eyes feel like they bore through you. He has plans beyond plans, and I doubt anyone but himself and his twelve know anything about them directly. He calls himself El, which is another biblical... historical... thing, I think."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back