• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
James

Annnnd he was right. Sophia had gone just a tad overboard. But, he shouldn't have been surprised he supposed. Sophia was Sophia, and she'd always find a way to go a bit out of bounds. The doors were beautiful, honestly. Though...he was fairly certain Hignar's door was only the tip of an iceberg that Sophia couldn't hope to scratch with just one door. Destruction, genocide, and war crimes oh my! That was Hignar's door. Pydir was...well, what else did he expect. They were all pretty accurate from his understanding of reading their books and getting to know them, though Sato's was more than a little depressing. Seeing Sophia, he gave a slight nod towards her. She was using her human body...where was the doll? Glancing around, he finally took notice of the cracked doll slumped over in a corner 'out of use' as it were. Glancing back at Sophia to see her smile he couldn't help but return the smile, giving a slight laugh. "You're using the human body. What's the special occasion?" Seeing Sophia's human form smile was cute. Though he felt seeing the doll Sophia smile might be a bit terrifying. "Five years huh? So...temporal shenanigans happened while we were gone, I take it? Alright then."

He was just taking a guess, with Sophia anything was possible and sky was the limit. "I'm going to wind up spending the night here in the 'commons' as opposed to renting a hotel room. It's cheaper and...yea, just cheaper is my excuse." Hearing Vices comment about looking related he glanced between the two of them, the book he saw earlier in Sophia's hand coming to mind. Ah...shit. How the hell did he bring that up? Probably best he didn't. "Thank you for your help Sophia, we appreciate it. Maybe you can Vice can work together to fill the room?"
aph_fantasia__the_summoner_by_mano_chan-d5h9i9z-1.png

Deathkitten Deathkitten Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

Morgan Adler

The demon had returned and walked over...drat. Things were becoming needlessly complicated. Her hand tightened around Dietrichs just a bit, turning from a comforting embrace to a somewhat vice-like grip...though her thumb still continued to run back and forth over the back of his hand in an effort to say 'still here'. She put on a look of focus as if she was trying to remember Latin from high school. "Ah...Erant bene...facitis. We're doing well, thank you for asking." Raum would obviously know that morgan was only putting on an act, she could speak Latin as fluently as she could speak English or Italian or a few others. Something he said settled in her stomach after a moment. How did he know Dietrichs name? That was disconcerting, it hadn't been given to him. Was there more to this demon than meets the eye?

Her attention darted to Mia as she flipped the script from English to Latin in a completely different tone of voice as well. How interesting. And she was fluent, exceedingly so. Quite interesting. "Fascinating. Just another limb then? I think you sell yourself short. Sentience is so much more than software and hardware, don't you think?" Everything Mia said got internalized into Morgans mind, notes to review and think back on. Attention drifted back to the demon, a language she didn't know assaulting her ears. Demonic, perchance? Would Dietrich be able to translate later? He was asking a lot of questions...unfortunately, they were going to have to speak to him alone it appeared. Which meant, unfortunately, she'd have to keep Dietrich in line. "Do tell me sir, what is your name? How do you happen to know so much about Mia's soul, or her equivalent?" The good doctor Beaufort appeared to be having a mental breakdown or something similar. Was it because there were eyes being cast this way? Unfortunate, but for her no consequence. No, the only slight concern she had would be this demon here who knew a bit too much it seemed.

At Dietrichs look of eagerness for his private 'conversation' Morgan curled her lips into a slight front, brushing some hair over her shoulder and squeezing his hand to an almost painful grip. They would get their conversation in private, but it would be an actual conversation unlike what Dietrich undoubtedly had in mind. Tucking her now reprogrammed watch into her pocket, she cast a glance towards Dietrich in silent concern. Was that crack...his seat? Dammit, Dietrich. "My companion raises a very good question, Mia. What are your limits if we may ask? Furthermore, someone like you surely shouldn't be traveling alone. Do you perchance need a ride home today?" If she said yes, this could give her a chance to get in good graces with her father...things were going well, besides for this demon. Glancing at him she gave a slight smile, doing her best to remain polite. "Sir demon, I do fear my friend has a point. Interrupting a conversation isn't always best form. However, we shouldn't go snapping at people now, right?" She glanced at Dietrich, the unspoken message of 'relax' written in her eyes. If a fight broke out, verbal or otherwise, in the middle of this diner, it would be a set back for them both. "Perchance, would you be interested in a conversation yourself, once I have finished hosting these young women here?"
latest

Deathkitten Deathkitten Kyrenka Kyrenka Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving

Melita
As the demons had their otherwise touching reunion, Melita stood on the sidelines silently as she mentally kept time. One minute...two...two and a half...three and three quarters....four and a half...five. She had given an appropriate amount of time for the reunion she felt, and she didn't have the time to sit around waiting for the living to weep tears of joy. They would have plenty of time to do that themselves when she wasn't in the middle of an ongoing investigation. Taking a few steps forward she spoke up, voice cool and soft. "Chrysalia and Diadem Lucrum. I apologize for my interruption, but time is precious and not something that can be afforded to be wasted. As much as I appreciate your kind offer of tea and muffins, I cannot oblige. I need to speak to you in regards to your recent status and what may have been the cause of it. Preferably outside of the gaze of prying eyes."

Her attention drifted towards Shard, head tilting a bit. "Would you kindly host us at your abode? It would be best to speak there. The sooner we can depart the better." She glanced at the humans in the room, taking note of who was here. No one of consequence for her, though with how Diadem seemed to be eager to cut lives short her kin would likely be making collections later. Such is the fate of mortals she supposed. "Now then, may we depart?"
Erise.png

Deathkitten Deathkitten Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

sean.jpgSean and Peeps
Am I in trouble? both Sean and Ada worried at the same time, freezing in place. It had the same effect as if a parent had called them by their full name. Though, Ada did calm down sooner than Sean. If her dad was angry about something, she'd know. Still, she felt awkward. She gave Sean a cute little hug before sliding into the car with her dad. They had a decent drive back... was there something he wanted to talk about?

"Why the sudden request of his guards? I was having fun... do you not like him? I'm sorry I wasn't focusing super well... Mister Keeler is scary good, though. I think it's... weird that he had an assassin upbringing and he speaks so openly about it. I'll try harder next time," Ada mused, going on about it nervously. She didn't want to disappoint her dad. More than anything, making him proud was most important to her.

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

Casey Kemp

Both the kids froze up like he had just aired their dirty laundry and called out by their full names. It was somewhat amusing. Sliding into the car and starting off on the road back 'home' he was silent for a while, not even putting on music as they just sat there. "Because you and I need to talk, but you're not in trouble. As for Sean...not sure yet. He and his guards may be trouble, but we'll see how things go, for you. You and I are going to have to focus on your attention, in a real fight you'd be dead." It was a line he used a lot, he knew that, but it was accurate. You only had to give one slip up, and that was the end of it. "I'm going to have to do my homework on his guards, shouldn't be too hard. Derek was a bit too perceptive for my liking, luckily Keeler covered nicely."

Drumming his fingers on the steering wheel he spoke again, trying to ease into the subject. "I managed to get in contact with someone who could make something that'd proof us against Seans power. They just wanted a job out of us beforehand." He let the 'us' linger in the air for a moment before he continued. "She wants us to rob her home about three times. Says she wants you to get field experience. We're to limit damage to her home, and not kill anyone. And of course, not get detected. So we'd steal something, call her and detail it. Then do it again. And a third time for good measure. Won't be too hard, I've done worse missions." Granted, he'd never taken Ada on a mission like this before. "I know you'll do well. This will also let me know if we have to tighten up your training or not. You were doing well against Keeler, but it makes me realize we should probably work on it a bit more."
5d9f509160e302f51f33865e1c6b04a6.png

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Mia.pngMia
Mia stared at Raum, brow furrowing just a little as he spoke in another language. Demonic, by the sounds of it, but she couldn't understand its meaning. Demonic and angelic were both fairly common languages heard around LA, so it was no surprise that she knew them, but... this was different. A different dialect, perhaps? No... it used parts of the roots of demonic words. Linguistically it was interesting... She heard what he said next in English, but her mind was still on the antiquated speech he had shown. She didn't care that she was staring at him blankly as she went through tons of information online to try to piece together words. Honestly, if no one knew better, it would seem almost like she paused. For a solid minute, she said nothing as the others bantered back and forth and the doctor lady had an aneurysm.

Sand... as... child... not... sand... the of... time... creation... I claim... not to antique? The more common words were easier to figure out, though... had grammar changed? There was no way she'd be able to make out the full sentence. What he was speaking, though, was ancient. It used a number of basic words that modern demonic was based on. So, deduction? He was very old. Most demons who lived to such ages as that language were demon lords. That would explain his prideful nature. He didn't match any pictures, however... though this was probably not his true appearance.

After so long of staying quiet, Mia suddenly spoke up again in English, "Thank you. My artificial soul, from all research thus far, is similar in most key ways to a natural soul. There are a number of differences, however. We don't know the full limitations yet. One key difference seen so far is mobility. As a part of our nature, being able to move from body to body is necessary. As for death and all its information therein, we don't know. Dying is not something I or my sister would do easily. I have backups, after all. Killing the body isn't going to kill me. Kind of like a lich and its phylactery. Now then, should I call you Lord, or perhaps even Archdemon would be more appropriate?"

Her attention turned to Dietrich and Morgan, smiling sweetly, "Most anything with wires I can interact with. This includes modern engines. If they don't have a computer on board of some sort, however, my interactive capabilities are limited." She blushed, the color fading onto her cheeks as she rubbed the back of her head sheepishly, "Ah... You're probably right... Dad will be angry with me... I'm way too trusting of people still. I wouldn't mind a ride home..."

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles LostHaven LostHaven Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving Kyrenka Kyrenka

Raum
Diner | "Impressive deduction - I suppose I should reward you?"

Interesting. It seemed as though the red-haired girl, had decided it was best to pretend that she knew little of Latin. Her response garnered a small grin from the demon, who did not poke anymore into that matter. "You're right, I suppose I should apologize for my behavior? At the very least, I believe it quite a feat that swords have yet to be drawn," Raum then replied half-heartedly to Dietrich's disgruntled words, without even gazing at the Nephilim. He seemed more interested in Mia, who seemed to be short-circuiting or something of the like. He began to look over the AI as she stood there paralyzed.

"Would it surprise you that I can 'see' one's soul?" Raum replied to Morgan, stepping away from the malfunctioning machine. It seemed she was working hard at translating Old Demonic, and thus he ultimately decided to leave her to her own devices. "My name? Lucius Ravensworth, or something, I guess." A blatant lie, that one. It even took Raum a second or two to even come up with a reasonable alias, knowing full well that it didn't take a genius to figure out such an obviously false name. Despite this, his words rang with an air of truth, that for some reason, compelled all to believe that he was speaking nothing but the truth.

He glanced back at Mia with an expression of interest upon realizing that she had finally started functioning as normal once more. Most of she spoke, Raum had already known; their ability to 'possess' machinery, to transfer to another physical body, but her last sentence earned a wide grin and a chuckle of amusement from the archdemon. "Lord? A rather wild imagination you have, construct." By all technicality, he wasn't lying - but it appeared as though he had dodged the second half of Mia's statement entirely. "Well, I suppose I've irritated you all for long enough, and besides, it seems I have achieved my goal well enough," Raum said, shooting a look towards a positively fuming Dietrich. He reached over to their table, picked up a napkin, and began to scribble on it. "I still yet have a thing or two left to sort for this evening," Raum explained, nodding towards Visvian at his table. "In any case, you may invoke me at your leisure." Smiling, Raum offered Morgan the napkin, now with a sigil drawn into it. The style of the symbol seemed to fit exactly into The Lesser Key of Solomon, a popular grimoire when it came to the topic of Demology, though the authenticity of it was questionable. Perhaps it corresponded with a demon listed within the Key? Then, without an explanation as to how to even use the sigil, the demon turned his back and walked off, waving behind him.

"Well then, enjoy your evening, and do forgive my provocations, Nephilim."

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Deathkitten Deathkitten Kyrenka Kyrenka Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving

Bryne.pngBryne
Bryne grimaced at the sudden change in demeanor. While he showed no fear in his eyes, he was ready to run, to teleport away at a moment's notice. It took him a moment or two to understand what the hell had even made her angry.

"I can't," he stated, frowning as he looked at her, all flirtatiousness gone, "It's against my contract. I cannot aid any villains. As a trade-off, I also don't tell any plans. It's one of the reasons we're considered a protected neutral party as delivery people." Bryne had a hard time with that second part. In truth, he hated villains. "You could always just pick her up later. If you do it right now, more people would get hurt, including potentially your sidekick in the crossfire. If you just waited until she was booked or until nightshift it'd be less hassle. She's safe there."

He knew he was probably talking to a brick wall right now, but the knot in his stomach thinking about poor non-powered police officers getting hurt or worse in the line of duty... He couldn't act. He wasn't a hero. He'd only get himself hurt... lose his job... lose everything. In times like this or when he had to deliver to a doom machine of some sort, that was the hard part of his job. The kisses from the crazies was the fun part.

"Either way, I'll at least hang out here and keep your food warm for you."

Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving

Screams of pain

Shard stood silently with a small contained smile. He'd let Diadem have this moment. He deserved seeing his wife in peace. "it is.....good to see you mother... I have been in the care of Seiva for a while..... So I owe many thanks to her for also helping us at this moment....." He said letting Diadem be with Chrysalia. ".....Thank you... for giving him some happiness. No matter our differences... Everyone deserves to see their loved one...." Shard said to Melita. For once, he would withold his poison.

Diadem did not let go of Chrysalia until Melita approached. "Chrysalia this is..... Melita...A reaper. She is responsible for us finding you... and I owe her my thanks...., However she has some questions for you. So....agreed. Let usgo to Shards residence.... Chrysalia.... Theres someone there you might wish to meet. Shards daughter." He said to her as shard texted to Jupiter "My Cafe is where everyone is." as he no hesitation stabbed his hand. "Mass Grand Dislocation!" he spoke as the spell took place. Chrysalia, Melita, shard diadem and Seiva all dissapeared. Reappearing Shards living room. "welcome.... To my house...... and cafe" shard said collasping onto the couch.

Ruru was going back and forth taking orders as Epherial managed the counter. Sure his body was in pain. Lots of pain....like an unhealthy amount of pain. But thats nothing demonic pain killers cant fix! he looked down as he felt Yami tugging on his leg. "Hmm? something up little dudette?" he asked crouching down to talk to yami.

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Deathkitten Deathkitten Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving

ada.jpgAda
"Oh my god, you're so mean!" Ada groaned, sinking into the car seat, "You did that on purpose, making me think I was in like super trouble for something." She whined softly and gave a long sigh, stress leaving her as she listened to him. She knew she needed to work on her attention span. It was her biggest weakness. A side-effect of her powers, but that was no excuse. It was just something to work past.

Her attention, however, was thoroughly grabbed by the wonderful sound of the word "us" that lingered in the air. She grinned, listening closer.

"Woah really?!" she squeaked, bouncing a leg with excitement, "She specifically wants me to do it? Do we know her? That's so cool! This'll be great!! How does she know I even exist to give a hand to like that? This is such a cool opportunity! Who is she? What's her current security system like? Is it okay if we break stuff like windows or whatever? When do we do it?!"

dantalion.pngDantalion
He was sweet when he worried about someone. The thought of his kindhearted worry had her softly smiling as she nibbled at her dinner. He ate far differently than she. Poor thing was starved for food. She had eaten maybe a third of her plate, but as he had finished his own, she pushed her plate over to him. "Here, seconds for you. I don't need much to eat," she said, giving him a small smile.

"As for my father's recipes, do know that most anything I've eaten I know how to make thanks to my own ability. That's just a simple psychometry technique. So once we have some money I can buy some ingredients and try making some of his home cooking. Sound good?" she looked back down at the table as she spoke, wondering where her father was and how he was doing... if he... still had his eyes. He probably did. He was strong and old... not a completely useless weakling like she was.

"I will attempt to search on the internet some places where information is likely to be sold and get to work first thing in the morning. If you'd like to come along as a guard, I'd appreciate it. I've no idea how dangerous such places might be here on Earth," she said, stifling a yawn, "Today has been far too exciting for my liking... use of my powers I've not had access to for so long has drained me a bit, as well as the strife of being cast out into the cold rain naked and alone." She reached out and cupped his hand, standing up with it, "Shall we sleep? I wasn't joking when I said there was only one bed. We shall share it. I trust you, Oriax. Besides, it might be nice to have the warmth of another there."

LostHaven LostHaven

Chutes.jpgCaleb and Shield and now CHUTES!
The poor kid was shaking. Honestly... this was an OA member? More like an OA prisoner. No wonder they'd try to kill him if they could. Lucky for them, though, SoulFlare was fast and angry. Poking this bear was probably simply not worth it. Chutes, though...

"I've heard rumors... about this Chutes character. He's a librarian, but he's... not someone you mess with. Villains don't even try to do anything unless they have a deathwish. He doesn't work with heroes either. He only does what he wants, nothing more, nothing less. But... he can be persuaded to help... for a price. He, from what I heard, is always collecting new books. No one knows why, though! He's this strange figure no one knows much about. There are entrances to his library in weird places. He's... like a god or something. I dunno. Is it really safe to go ask him? If he gives the OA the creeps... what if he's worse?"

Chutes, meanwhile, was laying on top of one of his many bookcases, asleep, but with his buzzer on his head in case anybody entered the library to wake him up. Once they made it there and inevitably entered, the buzzer went off, and the super-powerful Chutes was startled. He immediately flailed and fell a good thirty feet down the massive bookcase with a thud to the ground. He scrambled to his feet and peeked his head out from around a bookcase. His little white ears were twitching, tail wagging, and for a split second SoulFlare could see his soul (which was honestly not bad at all... he only really fights in defense most of the time), before he shut that down with a massive wall that literally said, "Private information I'm sorry," on it in handwriting.

"Hi! Welcome!" he shouted, nearly tripping as he walked out in front of the three of them, "Looking for a book?"

Soulflare

Skidding around a corner she glanced over her shoulder towards Chutes and then back at the road, she made mental notes of what she was being told. "I don't really care who or what he is. If he can be talked to and he doesn't try to kill us for doing that, it's fine. As I said, someone's going to talk to him. And you just need to keep the boy busy while that's going on." Coming to a halt outside the library she stepped off with the two of them, the bike burning up into embers. Stepping inside, she wasn't what she expected. What she got, wasn't anywhere on that list. A wolf man who looked more like he sold teddy bears than managed a library. And his soul...well that little trick was interesting. Not her concern, not her issue. "Chutes. Nice to meet you. I don't need a book, someone would like to speak to you though. Can the boys hang out in your library while you and I have a chat, somewhere out of sight out of mind?"

She glanced over towards Caleb and Shield, then back to Chutes. "I understand your probably busy, but if you can host us for a minute we'll be done."

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Casey Kemp

"Whether you felt like you were in trouble or not is your fault, not mine. Do you have something to be in trouble for? Because I can't think of anything." He glanced over to her, giving a simple shrug. "Her name is Jewel, she's a villain turned hero. We did a few jobs for her when you were younger, that's how she knows about you. I'd prefer to give you some more proper training though, but her stipulation for this deal was you come along. I don't have her current security system yet, that's why I'm doing my homework tonight with you. We're clear to break windows, but since we're not trying to draw attention to ourselves with this it's counterproductive. This is going to happen tomorrow, so rest tonight."

Adjusting his speed to match the highway he gave a slow lazy yawn, glancing at her again. "Just follow my lead. She doesn't care what we take, we just have to report back to her in between. With that said, we're going to be playing it safe since you're coming along. No killing anyone...though she never said anything about knocking anyone unconscious, which we may end up doing."

5d9f509160e302f51f33865e1c6b04a6.png

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Kemonomimi.jpgChutes
Chutes glanced at the terrified kid, then Darren, then SoulFlare, "If... if you're not here for a book... I um... I don't know why you'd be here..." His tail stopped wagging and drooped down, "We... we can talk, though, if you really need to. Boys, please behave yourselves in the interim. If you find any books you like, please feel free to have a read of it. If you find any you'd like to check out, just take them to the counter and I'll sort it when I get back. No fighting."

He said all that, and then was gone in an instant, likewise with SoulFlare. They reappeared in an office-like room, where Chutes sat awkwardly on the corner of his desk. He looked far more like a child in trouble with the principal than a super-powerful being right about now. He laced his fingers together and looked up at her, "Right. Business then? I'm not a hero nor a villain. I like to stay neutral when I can because it causes me fewer issues in the long run. So let me just... try to make it easier on you... if you want me to help with something then please have the courtesy to offer something in return."

"Oh," he paused, letting go of a soft chuckle, "And sorry for blocking your view of my soul. It's a reflex. I can show you if you really want but... it's nothing interesting. I'm just... paranoid."

Soulflare and Natalie

They just got...teleported? Well, that didn't seem too strange all things considered. But given the fact he had so easily hidden his soul from her sight, he was more than he let on it seemed. She stared at him in silence, giving a sigh that crackled like a campfire. "I'm not the negotiating type. So give me a second." The fire went out on the skull, tissue, and muscle starting to knit over it slowly in macabre fashion, blotches of skin blossoming and spreading out to form a human face. Likewise, the clothes shifted before blossoming up in a fire to change into something more 'comfortable'. Eyes swole up to fill eye sockets, and hair fell from her scalp in long waves. SoulFlare was gone, Natalie was back. And with her, came a feeling of somewhat longing. She had...felt what she could only assume a father's love was like, and it was gone. Like a nice warm comforter in the winter, only to get ripped away. She was sad about it, but only for a second. She didn't need it, especially if it came with strings like Darren's family. She was fine without that feeling all her life, she'd be fine without it now.

Rubbing her eyes with her fists she cracked her neck once, then twice. "Right, gimme a second here. Your Chutes, right? Names Natalie. Hide your soul or not, I really don't give a damn. Got a good enough glimpse earlier, your fine." She pulled her fists from her eyes, looking at him and offering her usual grin. Agas was...less than pleased Chutes was able to hide his soul, but she was always raging and Natalie would deal with her anyways. "So, the O.A are back, as I'm sure you know. That little kid we brought in, the redhead, is one of them. The O.A seems to be a cult, with the leader having 'twelve disciples' and literally calling himself God. They plan to kidnap, possibly horribly murder, experiment, and use powered children as batteries. That kid, cute right? Well, as soon as they find a way to get their hands on him, they'll turn him into a fine pink mist. Or maybe he'll just get disintegrated on the spot. Or maybe they'll turn him inside out and use his tendons to prance him around like a marrionate? God only knows." She gave a slight shrug, as if she was discussing the weather and not the horrors that were going to happen.

"You apparently worry the O.A, which was reason enough for us to come talk to you. I have no idea how many kids they plan on taking, but given the size of L.A....I'd wager hundreds, maybe thousands? If you aren't willing to help out of a moral obligation and you really intend to be a person who lets the world and innocent die because you don't want 'trouble in the long run'..." She leaned forward, raising her eyebrow in question. "What can I offer you?"
PMwfeQTiXF5r2pHh9v49Q3aIYw5PeYmoxm3vNrTwwFkYun5jkdEAepLO_xBKHg6msvB7BSdXOCh3reXdk9AynY3Fi_jMOsDHR0KKArAazgcLC7UNXfkVz1NHG7p33Uv0dgycV7CR

Deathkitten Deathkitten

1606096551770.pngChutes
Chutes's ears flattened as he watched the macabre transformation, nose scrunching. That was... so disturbing. He hated it. He hated it soooo much. He made a soft, dog-like whine as he waited for this new person to speak. Natalie was her name. She was cute, but he couldn't get that freaky skull transformation out of his head.

"The... Occard Alliance, yeah...," he sighed, taking in her information, demeanor shifting to a more serious one as he frowned, "They've been cautious about not stepping on my toes, even accidentally. They're not that big of a deal to someone like me, and they'd prefer to not get killed, as would everyone. The only one who would give me even a... brief iota of trouble... would be their leader that calls themselves El. And I do mean a brief iota. Natalie, it's not a matter of moral obligation. If it was, then your God, Agas's father, would be helping and not gone to wherever he is. It's a matter of growth of the nation, of its people, of the heroes. If I were to help with every little thing, then what would become of everyone? I would be nothing more than a tyrant as my ideals are sure to rub others wrong. It is also a matter of whether or not its right for me to decide fate. People die. Bad things happen. Again, if I stop everything, then I'd just be a tyrant to some. Humans don't like being under anyone's thumb. And no, this instance isn't something big and grand that would lead to that. I know. It's simply a slippery slope that would lead to it if I ask for nothing in return. My price is simple. A book. Preferrably something I don't already have."

He sighed again, puffing his cheeks just a little, suddenly looking more like a child again than whatever the hell serious Chutes was, "Th-though... I don't wanna see that kid turned into mist... or lots of kids get kidnapped... I really don't... so... even if it's a book I already have I guess it's okay this time..."

"What do you even want me to do about it, though?"

Chrysalia.jpgChrysalia
Chrysalia couldn't help but cry tears of joy mixed with the sour tears of sadness. She was so happy to see them all. So happy to see her husband. To have a son. To... to have grandchildren. But she was so very sad to have missed everything with them. She would treat them no different than if she had known them forever. They would be family no matter what.

She smiled sweetly at Melita, "I'll try not to take too long, but I do insist I at least make you tea before you accost me with questions, dear." Her attention turned to her husband, then to her son as she was left speechless during the teleport because he just stabbed his hand!

Her face of concern was clear even through her tears as she knelt beside Shard and took his hand into hers, looking over the small injury that he had created. "Is this how you've learned to use your wonderful gift?" she whispered in horror and pain, giving the wound a gentle kiss so that it healed over like nothing had ever happened, "My darling child, please... You, injured is not the first thing I'd like to see of you. There are other ways. I know you said you've been with Lady Seiva a long time, but please let your father give you a refresher course so you needn't hurt yourself..."

She squeezed his hand and stood again, softly sniffling as she looked through her tears at the rest of the place. It was clear who Ruru was, to her, and without warning, she hugged her tight, though her grip was still light as a butterfly, "Oh how I have longed to one day see you. You're beautiful. You look so much like your father and grandfather. I am Chrysalia. Your grandmother. I am so sorry I haven't been here. I promise to make it up to you, to all of you. Oh, you look so strong and elegant."

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving

Natalie

She listened intently as he spoke, fingers drumming on her arm. At the mention of God disappearing Agas had more than a few words to offer, though Natalie had her in a mental headlock for the time being. Would you kindly shut the hell up for a couple minutes!? She gave a calm nod before responding. "And so, in your fear of becoming a tyrant, you will do nothing but sit in your library. And if the world burns, if L.A suffers and an extremist fashion, who wins? I'm sure you'll be able to sleep soundly at night, knowing your first course of action was to sit complacent so that people could 'grow'. I understand wanting people to grow, but sometimes you have to get out of the sidelines. Chutes, with all due respect, you remind me of the story of the sword of Damocles. I'm sure you know it? So anxious, so fearful of imminent doom that you will gladly sit and wait, for better or worse."

She leaned back in her seat, shrugging. "I don't know. Do whatever you can? Prevent a bunch of kidnappings and PTSD and death? And just...let the kid room in your library until the alliance is dealt with. As for books...hm." She paused, closing her eyes in thought. Alright Agas, you know any good books? I stashed a couple Atlantean tomes before I sunk it? Why in Gods name did you hide atleantean tomes!? Michael wanted me to save them. Said they might be good to have one day. The conversation went back and forth for a couple seconds. "I don't have it on me, but I can give you the exact location of where you can find a copy of 'Questionable Methods: An anthology of Atlantean Architecture'? I can't go get it, but I'm sure with someone with your level of power could go get it in a snap. We have a deal?"
PMwfeQTiXF5r2pHh9v49Q3aIYw5PeYmoxm3vNrTwwFkYun5jkdEAepLO_xBKHg6msvB7BSdXOCh3reXdk9AynY3Fi_jMOsDHR0KKArAazgcLC7UNXfkVz1NHG7p33Uv0dgycV7CR

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Melita
She watched silently as the demons had their back and forth, giving a calm glance towards Shard and giving a calm nod. "Odd times make for fortuitous reunions, Shardaken Lucrum." Looking over towards Diadem and his wife she gave another bow. "Reaper Knight, if you would be kind enough to give me the title. As for tea, I must decline. I do not thirst or hunger, though your offer is appreciated." And just like that, Shard teleported them all. Personally, she'd much have preferred to use Pórta but the desired result was achieved all the same. As they returned to Shards residence she was witness to the mother coddling her son, as a mother was wont to do.

Gently moving white locks behind her shoulder she glanced around to get her bearings. They were in the cafe proper it seemed, so it was best she maintained her appearance. Her attention fell upon Epherial, head quirking just a bit. He had come quite close with death it seems, and yet here he was. Truly, one of Shardakens to be certain. "I will try not to rush you all, but each second that passes is vital. The sooner you all may enjoy your tea, the sooner I can begin to speak and begone. I know that Shardaken Lucrum would much prefer me gone from his abode."
Erise.png

Deathkitten Deathkitten Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving

Chutes.jpgChutes
"I said I'd do it you meanie. Geez. I hardly gladly wait around for something terrible to happen. Why do you feel the need to be rude?" his brow was furrowed. He was being so nice right now yet she was being mean, completely unnecessarily! She did offer a nice book, though...

"Fine. Sounds fine. I don't know what you expect me to do, though. One thing I am not is omniscient. No one truly is... except maybe Daoloth. How am I supposed to know who all is getting kidnapped?" he grumbled and sighed again, "The other concern is if I try to take the OA out, then it's a matter of collateral damage." He stood and was suddenly on the other side of the room without even a whiff of energy to denote it. Chutes picked up a book from the wall of his office, flicking through it for a few seconds, "I do have a couple of books that have to do with these Occard individuals, however. We could swap information and perhaps I could think of an idea? Details are few and far between, but I got curious about them when they popped up. They call themselves an alliance for a reason, yet no one knows why. I do~ I was quite happy to procure that tidbit. It required me to nab a member, but I do think that's what made them fearful of stepping in my path."

His tail was wagging again, and he had a grin on his face at the thought. He never got to do anything fun. He always forced himself to stay at home or just observe. It would be so fun to have an excuse to go out and cause a bit of mayhem for some bad guys. Chutes grabbed two other books and was suddenly in front of Natalie again, that same lack of warning consistent, "The kid can be my temporary assistant here. I don't mind that, as long as he respects the books. So what do you know about the OA? Where are we starting?"

Natalie

She couldn't help but flash a somewhat wider grin at his question. "Force of habit, sorry bout that. I'll try to dot my I's and cross my T's, sound fair? Also, who is Daoloth?" The wolfman had just teleported around, Natalie's head swiveling on her neck to keep her eyes on him. "Well you've made it clear that you don't want to fight anyone, and I know that already from my own little looksie at you. So if you can make sure we don't get a bunch of kids kidnapped, the heroes will do the dirty work." He teleported again, this time directly in front of her. Standing up she gently reached out, pressing her fingertip to his nose and gently pushing him backward. "I love the eagerness, but just a smidge of personal space yea? I mean, if you want to get that close and comfortable with me the least you could do is offer me dinner first."

She flashed a grin towards him, implying she was just joking before she got back to being serious. "To recap on what I know. SoulFlare recently killed Finis, an O.A member. We know through Finis soul that he was helping in a lot of kidnappings...and a lot of kids in cages. Among other atrocities, it's better he's dead honestly. There was another woman in the crowd, who she didn't get to. I know her name is Ezekiel Ada Matthew, for whatever good that does you. There is 'El', which directly translates to God as I'm sure you know. And twelve original members, which is like some...macabre joke about faith I'm sure. There was an entrance to tunnels we discovered in the crater, but they seemed to have caved those all in by the time SoulFlare arrived to collect the kid. Which makes me think heroes were getting too close for comfort. They plan to abduct powered children from all over the city and use them as living batteries. Caleb out there, the kid, was recruited with other children who were bullied and ostracized for being powered. They just gave them some honeyed words and whisked them away. One of the kids Caleb knew tried to run and...y'know." She waved her hand off in an ambiguous fashion, implying whatever happened was probably best left unsaid. "So they're a cult who effectively made more members by enslaving kids. Their motivation is to change the status quo and put supers in charge. As someone who was a non-super before any of this...I can see both sides of the argument, but this sure as hell isn't the way to go about it. Besides, groups like these tend to be self-serving radicals who brainwash a mass to do their dirty work."

Deathkitten Deathkitten

oa member.jpegThe Tunnels
"Wow, you have problems," the man said, shaking his head as he pushed off the wall of the tunnel, "Turn around. Go out. Come on." He walked forward, hands in pockets as he nodded for Axiom to leave, "Honestly your story sounded so pathetic it ruined my appetite for a fight, and the only person I really wanted to fight left on her stupid motorcycle with that strange impervious boy. So I'll spare you for now. Go tell the others that none of them will pass unless they feel like fighting me for it."

"Ah. You can call me Sabaoth, for reference. Much easier than saying 'that guy'," he added with a laugh which turned to a menacing grin, "There's been a small success on your side. That boy knows a little bit. It will make trouble for our plans tomorrow. That said, even still, I really don't plan on letting anyone through. That'd be quite the mess to clean up, you understand. So. Go go, and send someone for me to fight if they see fit to."

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Kameron Esters- Kameron Esters-

189D314E-7E60-42F9-894F-8DE40D84B551.jpeg
Samantha
Interaction: ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Deathkitten Deathkitten

"Ive got 550 as well." Samantha said to Quasar simply when they got to the shop and she looked at her own inventory. Eyeing the key with her own disgruntled look. God why isn't this over already. "God I hope the child is behind that door, Im getting sick of being here." Samantha couldn't help but say as she looked to her companion. Pulling the coins out a big bag of coins appeared in her hands. With a little huff from how much it was she handed the bag to Quasar so she could buy the key so they could continue on with this quest and hopefully find the boy soon.​

lydia-qx-qq-20160913123617.jpgAXIOM

"You aren't wrong but don't we all have our problems?" Axiom laughs "But you know? I won't spoil your mood any further. If you're anything like that knight back there then I'll just be easy pickings for you and that wouldn't satisfy you at all would it? So I'll go and send someone your way." Axioms turns and walks back down the tunnel the way he came "Nice name by the way!" Axiom calls back. He comes across the body of the dark paladin once again with his severed head at his feet. Axiom sighs as scoops the head up and places it on the body before scooping up the body itself aswell as the paladin's weapons and carries it bridal-style as he continues back through the tunnel. Once he comes out, Axiom walks over to the medical truck and knocks on it's doors with his foot. "We have another situation! Another tunnel guard is inside! His name is 'Sabbath' I believe! It might be best if someone takes care of him!"
Deathkitten Deathkitten ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

Users who are viewing this thread

Back