• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Alexander

His attention flicked up to Ivah, watching him collect the 'payment' and head upwards. "He will be kept in mind...though as I told him, I limit my deal-making. Too many strings become tangled...I have a course of action, and I shall stay it for now." Reaching up, he gently brushed a hand through Angela's hair, shushing her. "It's okay baby, it's going to be alright. Just relax, it gets better, I promise." An icy block settled in his throat...home...home? Home was gone...gone for now. "We'll go home soon, I promise. You've been gone so long, so much has happened. I have so much I have to explain...we'll go home, you just have to give me time." It was going to be an entire night of explaining, possible a night and into the afternoon tomorrow. But...there was still the meeting with the wizard. When was that? Looking up, he cast a glance around, trying to find WolfSpider. He should be coming soon, shouldn't he? Attention darted towards the young boy on a wall, a shadow tendril rising up from behind Alexander and making a coaxing motion, as if to say 'come here'.
Osuka Osuka

Xasura
Location: Oh I'm a comin' on down the brick wall when I cooooome~!

There was something about dead bodies that set them apart from the scent of the living - and he was assuming that it was quite the same for people who weren't exactly "human." Xasura could smell the disembodied head before he could see it, and seeing it only made it worse. The scent was putrid as-is, no matter where it was stored (perhaps it was just his heightened senses?), and the sight of the transaction going down was something that made him nauseated. The act of trading parts for.... Well, maybe it was for Ms. Jenny and Angela?; he wasn't sure, but what remained was something that gave him a better idea of the type of person he was dealing with. In Dungeons and Dragons, Shade would be considered something akin to Chaotic Neutral, and Xasura was, he hoped, a Lawful Good-Boy... So where did that leave their current association?

Then the tendril came about after the.... other individual had left. It didn't seem like the being had spotted him, so for now at least he could believe that he kept himself hidden, but Shade was quick to notice. It waved in the air as if a hand beckoning, and right now, he was considering maybe trying to slink back. Only problem was that he promised to help Ms. Jenny, which meant that that wasn't an option, was it?

It took a moment for Xasura to steel himself and get the hackles of his fur to relax, but in time, he made his way down to ground level and touched down with a sort of vertical front-flip handstand to gently touch down.

"S-so, uh," he started, looking up and down the alley. "How about this weather, huh?"

Deathkitten Deathkitten ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

Alexander

Shade stared at Xasura in silence for a few moments before speaking again, voice even as ever. "Unfortunately, I had to make deals to get this far...it seems you witnessed that deal being paid off...I didn't do it myself, if that's the concern." He stood upright, a hand still holding onto Angela's. "When and where do we meet?" The question was simple and open-ended, though the subject was one they both should know by now.
Osuka Osuka

6D39B285-0388-4804-8778-842E9E69971C.jpeg
Havoc
Interaction: Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

Havoc couldn’t help but smirk as he immediately responded to her. Giggling quietly as the hand that approached his pants slid behind to his rear and into his back pocket. Gently she slid it into his back pocket to pull the gun out. As soon as it was in her hand she practically giggled in delight. “Thank you sexy. I do hope you tell me how to work this thing. New toys really make me... mmmmmm turned on.” She whispered the last part into his ear before kissing his cheek lovingly. “Rita baby. You can let go of him.” She cooed to Rita before laying a deep kiss against his lips. She held it for a moment before pulling away and twirling around in joy with the gun in her hand. Her eyes immediately went to it with a smirk as she started to fiddle with it. “Now darling. Show me how to use this new toy. I’m so eager.” She practically moaned out at the though of how destructive it could be. In all honesty it was clear the thought alone was a turn on as she tried to open.

Havoc openly laughed at his comment of wanting to keep it child friendly. “Oh so sexy yet so Naieve. Rita dear! What do we do with those who get in our way?” She asked Rita with a smirk. She had told Rita that they crush any in there path in the most gruesome way possible and was hopping her little cute apprentice remembered it.​

135F92AC-97B6-45B6-911C-3962FFFEE07F.jpeg
Aia
Interactions: Deathkitten Deathkitten Kyrenka Kyrenka

Aia quickly matched her mothers excitement as her tail whipped around Anne, coiling her up nice and snug in it as Aia let out clicks and hisses of joy. Nuzzling deeper into her mothers chest as she hugged her as tight as she could with out hurting Anne. Whatever she said was clearly really good and already Aia wanted the boy to teach her how to say it better so she could make mama happy. As her face was squished she smiled the biggest closed lip smile. Her tongue slipping from her mouth to lick her mothers cheek in happiness in response to the kisses.

When Anne turned her attention to the lady in the bed Aia looked her way as well with a big smile. Though she was happy she could smell it, smell the pain the woman was enduring. Despite the joy of being smothered by Anne she could help but feel the lady needed some hugs too. Slowly she uncoiled from her mothers legs, giving her one last lick on her cheek before she slipped from her grip and slowly trotted over. Of course not knowing any better Aia lifted herself up by her tail and onto the bed. Curling up at the woman’s legs with a big smile as she rested her head against Vera’s stomach. Nuzzling into her like a dog would while smiling up at her, her tail strewn about on the floor around the bed as she nuzzled in to cuddle up with the woman, her tongue gently reaching out and curling around one of Vera’s fingers in a loving way. Hopping her cuddles will make the lady feel better.​

Zaphkiel

I watched with attention as she removed her glove, showing me the origin of her warmth. Indeed, without the protections she had to bear, it wasn't so much a hearth as it was a blazing wildfire. Her arm shone brightly, white and red and hot, burning like magma - even looked like it. I was, quite honestly, a little bit surprised that she was still alive with a condition like that. She must've had access to a lot of resources, or someone with great skills, to be able to design such protections, I thought. Those weren't the kind of armor pieces you would find anywhere, and there weren't many materials that could withstand the temperatures of magma. But somehow, she had managed.

"You managed to live until now, and seemingly happily so. I would say that whether your power was a boon or a curse, it did not hinder you from thriving in life."

Her other sentence immediately raised my hackles. There were not a lot of humans who knew of the meaning of my name, and among those who did, none would be the kind to reveal it to people like her - unless she was close family to one ? I clenched my teeth, eyes gone sharp. That would have to be investigated. I could not let someone run around with my name like that.

"Yes... Yes, that is the meaning of my name... presumptuous at times. I would not boast of such knowledge."

I folded my arms against my chest, and looked up to the sky. It was getting cold out here, and the skies were getting dark. Evening, I thought. Had I really been out for that much time ?

"It's... getting late. We should... go home."

Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving

3E0CE0B5-DBA2-408C-9721-1C7A3F502BFB.jpeg
Sirius
Interactions: Aelia Aeldyne Aelia Aeldyne

Sirius’s look grew back to her calculating look. “I still question if it is a gift or a curse. My power surfaced when I was young. Ever since then I’ve never been able to touch anything without causing destruction.” She said softly as she looked down to her hand before back to the woman. She didn’t want to focus on herself that much so she changed the subject.

“It’s still a beautiful name. One that holds grace and understanding with it.” She said softly to her before hearing her comment about going home. Sirius looked at her before nodding. Then she remembered something, she had no idea if Zaph wanted to go home alone or with Sirius. Well they did plan to meet her friend tomorrow so Sirius figured why not. Gently she took Zaphkiels hand. “Come home with me tonight? First thing tomorrow we can go see if my acquaintance has what you seek ok.” She said softly to her. Without giving her a chance to respond she pulled her along.​

09:00, Saturday, September 14th, 2058 - On the police scanner, the following can be heard for any Superheroes looking for potential jobs: (colored by urgency - red > yellow > green)
1597691073893.png
  • An unknown villain in romanesque armor has been spotted robbing a bank downtown. Police en route. Requesting superhero backup.
  • Santa Monica Pier has become engulfed with a strange reddish mist. SCP-like activity reported. Heroes requested.
  • Supervillain Phoenix has left his mark in the charred and smoldering remains of a civilian household. His location is unknown at this time. Investigation required. Unknown casualties, fire department still on scene.
  • A strange man has been reported shouting at the heavens at the Little Tokyo metro stop. Witnesses say he just appeared suddenly. Requesting a hero just to be on the safe side.
  • Telekinetic woman robbing a gas station near Angeles Abbey Memorial Park in Compton. No injuries reported.
  • Several members of the Death Knights vigilante groups sighted on the northern outskirts of the city, requesting a hero to keep an eye on their movements. Experts agree that their appearance is linked to increased gang tension between the Bloods and Crips.
  • Several groups of minions of international supervillain Bloodthunder sighted near the Mexican border, requesting a hero to keep an eye on their movements.

Last edited:
Detective Marshall and N̻̲̝̦̲̟͊ͭͅy͖͉̖̥͗̎ͨ̚͜ͅa̳̭̟̯̍͐͡r̠̻͍̯͎͚̞͋l͙̗̤̟a͛t̰͉͔ͤh̙̊̈͌̾o̬͈̦ͭͤ͊͐͟t̵̺̦̗͍͙̰̅͐̍̒è̸͍̄p̈͒̍̂ (Very early morning)

Adam sat in his office, door triple locked and key padded. It wasn't extreme enough in his opinion, but it worked...at least M&M couldn't get in anymore. He stared at the television, leaning back in a desk chair as he puffed at a cigarette. "Alright...so the OA is back. Do you know what that means?" Across from him, seated on a couch and sipping whiskey from a very fine glass was a tall black male dressed in a very fine purple suit, grinning wide. "Oh, I do. Chaos, destruction, death. Suffering, tears and screams? I'm looking forward to it, Adam. You're probably going to try to stop it. You may even succeed. But before you get that far? It's going to be a hell of a ride, and I'm going to love every moment." He took a sip of his whiskey, giving a noise of contentment. Adam took a long puff on his cig before blowing a stream of smoke. "Right, right. Forgot who I was talking too for a moment. Listen, cut the shit for a second. Do you know anyone who can help? Maybe a new variable you can throw in to help us out? Might bring a little...y'know, chaos for the OA as well?"

The male sipped his whiskey for a few more moments before lowering the glass. "You really-...Actually..." he chuckled, downing the rest of his whiskey. "Yea, I do actually. You want chaos? I know what to do, I know who to get. Someone who's a bit more experienced than others with saving the world, per say. You'll know when he's here. Bye." And just like that, he disappeared, leaving Adam puffing. "...God dammit."

James, 2020, normal ass earth. Manhattan subway.

Another normal day, it was so fantastic. No more life-threatening bullshit, no saving the world, no super demon lord planning world domination. His 'family' lived with him in his apartment, and he didn't mind. Seamus and he were going to the gun range for some 'bonding' later, it'd be fun. The girls were hanging out, close to him as usual. Just had to wait for the Broadway Local from Manhattan to Queens, had to do some errands. His mother was going to come over in the evening, then he had some school work to do. Another day of normality and he loved it. Two years...two years of perfect normal living.

Unbeknownst to the group, a black man in a purple suit was leaning against a subway wall, grinning wide. "Alright...time for a little chaos." A snap of the fingers, and a fight broke out. There was no rhyme or reason, there was no argument. A punch was thrown, shoves were given, and before James and the girls knew it, they were on the railway tracks. The last thing james saw was the front of an oncoming subway train, the same one that had killed him before. And the last thought he had was "god fucking dammit".

James stood in a void, blackness all around, no one there. "What the fuck...." Looking down, his eyes widened. These...these were his fantasy clothes. No...oh god no. Popping up in front of him was once again the man in the purple suit, sipping whiskey. "Nice to meet you, James. A world is in danger, feel like saving it? Of course you do. Same rules apply, do what you have to do and be a good hero, and you get to come home. Don't worry, I'll make sure Seamus knows rent will be on time. Have fun!" No no no! James started forward, a fire lightning in his stomach. "Hold on a god damn moment! I'm not doing this shit again you asshole! I don't care who the fuck you are-"

Little Tokyo Metro stop

Before he could even finish his concern, or more so, threat, he was in a new metro. But this was absolutely not Manhattan, and this wasn't the crowd he had left behind. No...oh god fucking no. He was in his robes...where were the girls!? A familiar weight on his side became apparent, and a boulder of bother settled in his stomach. Of course...of course they were Grimoiures again. He had to undo the bindings again then. No...he felt so bad. But then came the anger again. He stared up at the ceiling, pointing a finger upwards. "LISTEN YOU PIECE OF SHIT! WHOEVER THE FUCK YOU ARE, I'M NOT DOING THIS AGAIN! I DIED ONCE, I SAVED THE WORLD, I DID IT ALREADY! I REFUSE TO DO THIS EVER AGAIN, YOU ABSOLUTE WASTE OF EXISTENCE! TAKE ME BACK, NOW! I KNOW YOU'RE RESPONSIBLE FOR KILLING ME YOU ASS HOLE!" The crowd, understandable, was terrified and backed away from the face that had suddenly just appeared and was currently ranting towards the heavens.

aph_fantasia__the_summoner_by_mano_chan-d5h9i9z-1.png

Deathkitten Deathkitten Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

mistymarshall2.pngSylvia, Adam, and M&M
Misty yawned sitting up at the table with her breakfast in front of her and a fork loosely held in her right hand. Her head dipped as she fought to stay awake. The sausages and pancakes in front of her were tempting, but... mm... sleep... sleepy sleepy sleep...

"M&M, honey, drink some of your chocolate milk. It'll help wake you up," Sylvia said, patting her little daughter on the head as she passed by to the coffee machine, "And I've told you before. Get Tom off the table."

Misty gave her a small whine, but picked up the tiny baseball-sized abomination she had set on the table beside her plate. It was just a mass of writhing worms, but she had dubbed it "Tom". She looked to her dad, Adam, "Daddy I wanna keep Tom with me! I wanna give him a pancake too. He's gotta eat and grow up big and strong like Uncle Nyar!"

Sylvia gave her a pursed-lip glare, "Misty Marshall you know that thing is nothing like Nyar. It's gonna give me a headache. You know that." She sighed, "Adam honey, our babysitter had to cancel. I hate it, but do you think you can call Nyar here to watch her while we go back to the hotel? If we didn't have something so important planned I'd just cancel."

M&M was suddenly much more awake at the mention of her "uncle" coming over, "YAAAAAY! Tom and I say yes! Great idea! Field trip with Uncle Nyar! Field trip with Uncle Nyaaaaaaaar!"

"I did NOT say field trip, crazy monkey!"

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

Adam

Adam sat at the table, sipping a cup of creamer and sugar with coffee in it, and then taking a bite of a muffin. Looking at his daughter he smiled a bit, his voice breaking into the air. "Honey, nothing can grow up like 'nyar', and I think I sleep better knowing that. You may give Tom half a pancake, but no more. He doesn't need to eat much, he's not very big anyways. And you know what I said, Tom can stay with you, but he has to stay in your room when we have guests over, and he only stays so long as he doesn't cause trouble." Honestly, the only trouble that thing caused was minor headaches, but that wasn't even child's play when it came to what he dealt with. A headache was getting off scot-free in most occasions.

Casting a glance at his wife he raised an eyebrow, taking another sip. "I can get in touch with him, but you know I hate having him babysit too often. For multiple reasons. But yea, I'll get him to watch her. And M&M, not a field trip. He's going to stay home with you and keep an eye on you, that's all." Finishing his muffin he stood up, walking over to put a kiss on the top of his young daughter's head. "Have a good day today, okay? I love you." Straightening his tie a bit he walked walked over to toss the muffing wrapper away, a passive thought running through his mind. It didn't take much to get in contract with his 'patrons', not for a simple message. If it was anything but that he'd have to do a bit more focus, but not in this situation. "Crawling Chaos, I need you to watch my daughter. You know the rules." Grabbing the car keys he glanced over to Sylvia, giving a small smile. "I'm going to get the car ready." A black void like portal opened up from the ground, oily black with whispers of the unknown and the unfathomable emanating very close to it, but not quite loud enough for Sylvia to hear, fortunately. Formed just out of sight of the woman, the purple suited man rose up, the void like portal closing. "Someone rang?" Adam glared at the eldritch god as he stood there. "You know you don't appear where Sylvia can see you." Glancing at Adam he shrugged a bit, adjusting his suit collar. "She didn't see it happen, she's fine. Good morning, Sylvia. Misty."
Deathkitten Deathkitten

Last edited:
jewel.pngJewel and Chrysos and Fay
Well, fuck then. The text from Fay had her pouting. Damn boy. She noted back to him that he was to call her for help if he ran into an actual villain. His investigating some fire was whatever. It wasn't combat. He did give her an address. Lovely. Now she had to clean up HIS mess, and she was not pleased. He was going to get in so much trouble later.

"Chrysos! Turn off the radio. We have an address to go to. You're still driving," she stated, "Don't fuckin' crash the car. Got it? Californians don't know how the fuck to drive in this sort of weather."

It didn't take long to get to a pretty fancy hotel. She groaned as she got up and headed to the trunk, "Right. No clue what I'm heading into but I trust the kid. You'll like him later once you get to meet him. Now then. Only pick three weapons. None of them are allowed to be bigger than my grimoire. Then follow me." She didn't wait, marching up into the building and up to the floor and room requested.

"Ay!" she shouted, knocking loudly, "Hero Jewel and my apprentice. Here to uh... do whatever it was you needed to be done. Fay shunted this off on me, but lucky for you I'm a better mage than him anyway. Got weapons, magic, spunk. Whatever ya need."

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

Alexander

It had been...such a long night. He had gotten the best hotel he could get that was close by, sprung for the best room, no expense was spared. He had to give them a good night because...he dropped bombshell. After bombshell. After bombshell. Over a century of his life, trying to explain to the best of his ability. Granted, from an outsiders perspective, everything he said was extremely tilted, perhaps even biased. A distorted view that may make no sense to everyone else, but he found it to make perfect sense. He swore he'd get their house back today, he did everything he could to make the night less painful than it had to be. There was a lot of crying...from both him and Angela. Jenny wasn't fully present, and that still hurt. Angela fell asleep sandwiched between the two of them, a big family asleep for the evening.

Alexander woke up early, so fucking early. He made breakfast in the small kitchen area of the hotel room, served the girls something to eat, and just had to wait for this supposed wizard, someone named Celestion? He didn't know, he didn't like new people, he didn't like getting people involved. Too many strings, too much could go wrong. The chance they could find out who he was, make things far too difficult. If they found out...he swore he'd never kill an innocent, so what would he do then? He wasn't sure. A knock at the door, a little too loud. And then...wait, Jewel? A spark of recollection clicked in his brain...the villain turned hero? That wasn't who he was promised! That's not how this was supposed to go. Standing up, his head puffed into a blob of darkness much like always, starlight white eyes where they should be. Approaching the door he opened it, eyes narrowing on Jewel and her apprentice. "You're...not who I was expecting. I was told to expect Celestion..." Paranoia tingled through his mind, had he been set up? Was this backfiring on him? No...no, he had to take the chance. Jenny deserved him to do whatever it takes. "Come in, I'll explain."
Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon Deathkitten Deathkitten

Chrysos

4bb4937e7bfc03a5f5bb863c3e12e027.jpgChrysos had been driving this whole time as his new mentor was on the phone. Jewel, he was jewels sidekick now. This was so cool, fuck yeah becoming a hero was so worth it. "Yes miss Jewel." he said turning the radio off speeding up. He was surprised she was still letting him drive. But oh well. Speeding around LA they arrived at the fancy hotel. Chrysos instantly pulling out an umbrella holding it for jewel himself getting soaked. "only three? alright" he said grabbing an AR, a machete and a grenade and walking into the hotel alongside Jewel. putting the umbrella into the holder on the way in his body dripping wet. He didn't even know why they were here. But when they entered the room his eyes darted to the two beautiful ladies then focused on the younger of the two. "Chrysos Alexandros at your service. I am not proficient in magic yet Im pretty lucky. Its about my only power." he set his AR down on the table "I'll just be over here if you need me for anything" he stated walking over to stand near the young girl near his age. Upon closer inspection she was quite beautiful. However Chrysos was no lecher nor a creep. so he refused to stare and admire her, for staring at a lady was very rude. And chrysos thought of himself as only a gentleman. And a gentleman can not be rude to a lady.

Corvus

Soft footsteps on the ground, storm overhead, wind howling and rain hammering down around her. Her robes were soaked through, and water beaded down her mask and trailed down the end of the beak. Drip, drip, drip. She didn't mind, nature was beyond her control so she would accept it as it came. With each footstep was her staff tapping on the ground, hand resting firmly atop the winged hourglass. She had spent quite a many day and night walking, but she was finally back into the outskirts of Los Angeles. As she walked, an unkindness of ravens soared overhead, unrequested heralds of her return to the city. An odd sight, an uncomfortable omen for many reasons. Black birds soaring through the sky in a flock, especially in such terrible weather, defying what they often should do. But where Corvus walked, so too did crow and raven fly. As soon as she entered the outskirts the birds split off, immediately grounding themselves to seek shelter. Thunder cracked overhead, though the plague doctor was unfazed. The cafe was close by, yes?

A few more minutes of walking through the pouring rain, and she saw the telltale uniform of her 'daughter', the child that had bonded itself so closely to her. "Dear girl...why do you sit out in the rain?" Coming closer to her, she reached up to her hat and gently tipped it to regard her, the brim of the hat 'touching' the eye sockets of her mask before going back upright. She looked towards the cafe windows at the people who were clearly inside and enjoying themselves. "Do you want me to get us inside? You shouldn't sit out here so alone."

Corvus_Sketchy.png

Last edited:
bells2.pngBells
The little 4'9" succubus was already nearby when the commotion in the metro station caught her eye. Really, she was just in the area to get some tasty breakfast before she started her day for real, but eh. This was more interesting. It was but a thought before she was behind the screaming man, the only note of it the tip of her tail ringing with the bells coming to a sudden halt. She kept her hands behind the small of her back and leaned to one side, head tilting, "Hello there cutie. Whatcha screaming at? You're drawing an awfully big crowd ya know."

Her voice was sweet, small like her stature, and she observed the man in his sorcerer's robes with curiosity, "You're gonna bring heroes here. It'll be such a pain... why don't you tell me what ails you and I can see if I can help? You're some sort of magic user, yes? Did a spell go wrong or something?"

jewel.pngJewel and Chrysos and Angela and Jenny
"Celesteon's my apprentice," she explained simply as she walked in and sat herself down on a couch in the suite, "Same as Chrysos here. So don't mind too much that I'm the one here instead of him. Do tell though. What's going on? He didn't give much information."

Angela stared at the boy that walked in with the woman. These were the people that were going to help them? He looked like a pretty boy. A "boi", as Amy would say. He didn't look that much older than her. Maybe he was around her age? She hadn't actually talked to many boys. Huh... She decided to start up a conversation with a sweet smile on her face, feeling like it was best to be polite, "Hi! Are... erm... so, you're a hero? Or, I guess an apprentice since she said you're hers. Thank you for helping out. I appreciate it a lot."

Jewel fluffed her ponytail a bit with a free hand as she listened to Shade, but her focus was on the woman staring at the wall in the corner. She had a hunch it was about her. Poor thing looked like she had the thousand-yard stare. What happened to them? The young girl looked alright, but damn, that woman.

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

Alexander

As the pair walked in, his eyes were locked on Chrysos who walked in with a fucking assault rifle, and placed it on the table, only to then take up post next to angela. A young boy, near his daughter? He wasn't going to prevent her from seeing boys, or girls if that was her thing, but goddammit if he tried something today, or anytime soon, he might break that rule of 'no innocents harmed'. Was it a bit early to hate the boy? Possible, but a lot had happened, and he was on edge more than ever. Closing the door he walked into the room, taking up a seat next to Jenny. "I see...your apprentice." So he had to deal with an actual hero now...wonderful. He was being a lot more chummy than he'd usually like, he preferred to lay low and avoid interaction. A hand found his wife's, giving it a soft squeeze. "My wife-" he nodded towards Jenny, "And daughter were recently...ressurected. Unfortunately, they only intended to revive Angela...Jenny came attached. As such, the spell was 'half baked' on her part so she's...not present. She's been able to speak to people well trained with spirits or a natural spiritualist, but she...doesn't function otherwise. I'm hoping you can...solidify her place here."

He stared at Jewel, and glanced at Chrysos after a moment, then back to Jewel. "A lot has happened...their resurrection was tied to the O.A somehow, though I'm not quite sure how. The...one who held them is dead now."

pavel-kondratenko-halo5-02.jpgViona quietly sat in the storm outside the cafe. She couldnt feel the wind or the rain while she was inside her suit. "its pretty windy out today. I wonder when Mom is gonna show up" she talked to herself while looking at he cafe. "guuuys you can let me in ya know. I promise im not a villian.... Come on guys its cold out here!" she said to the customers and employees outside who had locked the doors. Sighing as she didnt get a response she just sat back down. Only for her mother to approach. "mom! You finally showed up. NAhh they think im a villian so they locked the doors. I doubt they would open for ya, no offense mom but some people think ya look scary" she chimed happily. It had been a couple months When Viona suddnely got a letter by raven, Corvus common way of messaging with the only words being. "im visiting" so, ever since she got that message she had been standing outside their favorite cafe for a few hours a day. "How was your trip mom?" she asked

Corvus

A smile touched her lips behind her mask, the woman closing the distance to embrace Viona in a hug for a few moments before breaking it to step back. "I don't care, particularly. Find me scary, find me horrible, one cannot deny the good I do nor my capabilities." Sliding into a seat across from Viona she rested the staff across her lap. The rain continued to beat on her form, water running like streams from her hat and beak, though she didn't seem to care. "The trip was fine, a nice journey I must admit. I docked in new york, and simply traveled from east to west. I stopped in cities or camped, and aided those I found. Performed a few impromptu surgeries, helped a car crash that had occurred the land of Disney on my trip here, quite a mess. I had to stitch a poor gentleman up after his windshield tore him apart in the crash. He'll be fine, however. How have you been, dear?"
Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

S̸͓͛͛̽́͊̀̕o̵̢̨̝̤̖̫͇̊̉̒̈́̌͠͠ͅp̷̨̫̣͔͕̬̫̱̕ḩ̶̨̻͓͔̥͕̻͒̍̌̍͒͌̆̚͠i̵̛̼̾́̀͒̓̚å̵̧͑͊̽̐̀̊

Plain.Doll.600.2373208-1.jpgAs james was currently screaming at the heavens. one of his many books glowed before it opened by itself. A flash of light appearing as a doll walked out of the light. her face cracked. Ignoring the speeding succubus she simply looked at the rain. and pointed her finger up. "Ḧ̸̨͈̈́e̴̝̯̓l̷̦̏͝l̷̬̉ó̴̝ ̶̪̽̔M̸̬͒̂a̴̘̅ș̷̛̎t̷͎̊e̸̘͌r̴̰͝ ̴̡̳͘J̵͎̗̽̚à̷͐͜m̶̧̛̠̀e̵̤̍̇s̶̰̉.̴̥̍" she calmly said as all the rain around the doll, the sorcerer and the succubus froze mid air. No trace of wind around them could be felt either. "M̷̼͑y̶̘̆̚ ̵͇̰͂̇a̶̰̓̌p̴̲̈̊ò̶̯͓l̷͚̓ỏ̸̯̐g̸̼͛͋i̶̱̓̄e̸͙̟͝s̴̖̕͝ ̷̤̆M̴̝͎̋a̶̤̙̋̾ş̴̪̔͠ẗ̴͇́͜e̶̗͂ŗ̸̢͠ ̸͔̀̄J̵̫̈́a̵̛̖̤͘m̷̻̀̈e̶͙͎̕s̶̛̳͛,̶̬͗ ̶͖̌i̶͍̿̃t̶͉͐ ̴̪̭̂à̸͈͉p̸̥̋p̸͈͑ę̸̃̄a̵̝͖͋̀r̸͔̰̅͋s̶̢̘̆ ̴͎̿ā̶̯n̵͙͖͑́ ̵̩̂a̶̱͂͠c̸̻̠̔q̶̠̲̔̈u̴͇̓͘ą̵̟͠i̵͓͎͊͠n̵̥̤͒̆ṱ̷͌a̵͇̓͋n̴͎͠c̵͇̔e̶̪̿̈ ̶̦̮͐o̶̱̥̎̓f̵̰̱̆ ̷̟͉́͗m̶̖̜͠į̶̖͐n̵̪͈̍̕è̴̥ ̶̜̭̀ḧ̶̛͈́ą̴̙̽̀s̶͇͋ ̴̧̝̾͝f̶̜͖͐͒o̴͓̯͘r̷͕̒̾ĉ̶̦̥͘ḭ̴̭̓͑b̵̢̙̋̎l̷̫̎y̶̮͑ ̴̋ͅt̸̡̨͠r̸̨͇̈́ą̴̉͛n̸̡̗̈́̍s̴͓̿̋p̵͉͐ͅo̶̠̊̕r̶̘̹̄͗t̸͉̤̽̂ę̵̮͊͂d̵̳̰̐̇ ̷̍̓͜o̶͎̓u̵̡̻̔r̸͓̭̎̕s̷͖͓̐̓e̵̻̠͝ḷ̸̎ṿ̴̛́ĕ̶̡̏s̷̹̔ ̴̹̈ẖ̸̈͑e̸̤̓͜ŗ̴̭́͗ĕ̸͈̀ ̷̰̇͛f̸̪̲͂o̷̞͆̐ͅr̶̦͑ ̶̣̊h̶̲̺̚i̴̧̎s̷̲͒ ̸̥̃̓a̸̧̘͝m̷̯̽̀ú̶̞ͅs̷͖̏̑é̷̘̀m̷͖̤̄̄e̷̱̙̓ǹ̴̡͛t̶̨̐.̷͕͈͆̐ " She looked around before gently using her own dress to dry James off. This was Sophia, at least that was the name she had been given. In reality she was an eldritch being beyond time and space willingly contained within a grimoire, and had taken James as her master. It was truly a weird but nice experience that "S̸̛͈̄͜h̶̬̱̿a̵̬̬͒l̸̫͖͊͠l̵͇̮̏ ̴̢̜̊̃I̷̛̖̎ ̴͙̱̆s̵̹͎̏̃e̴͙̮͝ë̷͇̂k̸̜̦̍̀ ̴͉͌̃ṫ̷̖͜h̶̡̼̀e̶͉̜̔ ̴̭͒a̴̯̾c̷̝̻̎̈́q̵͇͖̔̈́ú̷̢̝̚ȁ̴̞͠ǐ̴̲n̸͉̻̍̒t̶̛̲̳͝a̵̛̛̙n̴̯͆͆č̴͙e̸̗̾ ̵̆ͅö̴̠͂u̴̩͊͛t̷̡͈́̒?̷̱̹̈́ " Sophia asked as she had finished drying her master. Promptly still ignoring the succubi.

Natalie Brenton

Another beautiful day, it sort of reminded her of home. The thunderstorm, the rain, the lightning...just like England. Reminded her of that time she got so soaked in the rain she walked home in practically see through clothes...and then that one guy ogled her on the sidewalk and she had to toss him into the dumpster. Good times, good times. Natalie was seated on the ground-floor with Darren, eating a breakfast omelet, and taking her sweet ass time by doing so. "Alright, so our agenda for today. Jupiter wants me to meet someone with a similar powerset to my own, so that's what we'll do. There's a ton of hero's in LA, any reports we get for now should be fine. We got all your tests done, so you're one hundred percent ready to go."

She took another bite of omelet, savoring the taste. Finishing her food she folded her hands on the table, waiting for her apprentice to finish up. Natalie, just like always, was dressed in her usual attire. "So, depending on how this goes, it could be fun...or it could backfire horribly and we level half of L.A. I'm honestly betting on the latter half so y'know...do what you did yesterday, but on a much larger scale." Pulling out her phone she opened up a text with Jupiter.

Fives
me
Hey, we're coming over. We'll be there in life, five ten tops. This should be entertaining. I bet you ten bucks this is a terrible idea.
them
Bad idea or not, it'll be interesting. I'll get my ass out of bed.

"Alright, ready for a fun day? Go chat with another host, maybe pick up lunch, maybe see a movie? Did you see SoulFlare made the news, by the way? Honestly surprised they didn't paint em in a terrible light."
Deathkitten Deathkitten

James

Spinning around at the sound of bells jingling, his eyes landed on a decently attractive female. But before he could really consider that, a few things registered about her that clicked in his mind, and his annoyance jumped three fold. Oh god...no no NO it was another Rita. This really was bullshit volume two, electric boogaloo. "Oh god dammit, not a succubus. This is off to a FANTASTIC start." Did she say something about heroes? They...looked to be in a modern area, they were in a metro after all. He reached up, running a hand over his face in exasperation. "At least I died and woke up in a modern era this time..."

James didn't even jump when Sophia simply apparated, he got used to that long ago. A soft sigh escaped him, eyes moving to Sophia. "Hello Sophia, good to see you." He was grateful for the cease of rain, his clothes only somewhat wet. "An acquaintance? You mean an eldritch horror...fan-fucking-tastic. No, don't go running off. I'd rather we all stick together right now." He seemed completely unbothered by her drying him off with her dress and sleeves, though this obviously earned a few confused looks from the surrounding people. The 'master' statements didn't help either...nor her simply popping into existence. Reaching into his satchel he started to count the grimoires, heaving a small sigh. "This is bad...I'm going to have to let them all out, at some point. What year is it, and where am I?" He turned his attention to the succubus, expecting a response. "And no, no spell. I'm a college student, not a mage...well I'm a summoner now. I just got isekai'd for the second fucking time in my life."

Darren and Jupiter
Darren was trying to make an effort to eat slower, she sure gave him the opportunity to. She ate like she was savoring every bite. It was weird to do so... but... well he tried at least. Of course it didn’t taste like much to him, but it was calming. If he focused on it he could taste the salt - which he put an exorbitant amount of to make sure he could taste it. The thought of another day like yesterday, running around trying to get people to leave the area, was not a pleasant one.

“Yeah how about I get to do actual hero work and not people herding?” He teased and complained at the same time, allowing his welsh accent to bleed through. It didn’t matter anymore, not if he was turning this new leaf.

“It’s still weird to think of you all as separate people. Especially you and SoulFlare. So far she seems the same as you but in a really bad mood all the time,” he continued, poking at the remains of the omelet with a bit of disappointment. Maybe if he put some pure capsaicin on it he’d really taste it?

“So we’re picking up Jupiter first, right? So weird to think she’s alive. She was really famous when I was younger, even overseas!” He gave Natalie a smile, trying to pass time. Idly he was wondering what Agas did at times like this. Yes she always wanted to wrest control, but... what did she do with her time? How did she pass the time? It had to be numbingly boring. If she wasn’t such a dick he’d feel rather sorry for her.

His favorite thing to eat or drink was cold water, funny enough. He liked the cubes of ice, the texture while drinking, the faint feeling of cold from that water. Soda was also nice with the feeling of the carbonation bubbles, but that was far softer than ice.

As per usual, he zoned out on the drive to Jupiter’s house, but his focus returned en force when they approached, clearly very interested in the super-complex. It was something he saw on tv or read about or was lectured about but he never imagined seeing it in real life. Talk about crazy! Natalie had changed his life so dramatically in such a short time, he felt indebted to her. She was like a big sister. It was strange, but so comforting. He... he really missed his big sister. God he wished she was still alive... Agas would hate her, heh.

Jupiter bounced out the door on one leg, shoving a shoe on the one that was in the air with a huge smile. She seemed so happy... maybe she was happy to be alive again? Even if the world was a shithole?

“Hey!” She shouted, finally getting the shoe on with a laugh, “Thanks for picking me up. This’ll be so much fun. I haven’t seen Sarah in forever, obviously. We have so much to catch up on! And I’m so happy to get to meet you and your apprentice too! Always awesome to meet some overseas heroes. Are you private sector?”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back