• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Morgan Adler

The short redhead gave a calm nod of understanding, she could respect his request. It'd be foolish for her at the moment not too, not to mention one looks quite conspicuous standing around too late after a funeral with briefcases in hand. Her eyes watched the coin go up, and then back down, only to land on its edge. If it followed the basic principles of a real American coin, the chances of such an occurrence were one in six thousand, roughly. Then again, considering it was manifested, there was a good chance more unseen factors were at play. Her eyes shifted back towards the short green fellow, offering a small but polite smile. "Of course. My companion here can give you the case, you should find everything inside. We will arrive wherever you deem fit for our meeting. I do hope what you find in this case is all you could want, and perhaps a little more." Glancing to Dietrich she nodded her head ever so gently, the unspoken permission to hand off the case full of information.

Kyrenka Kyrenka Aelia Aeldyne Aelia Aeldyne

Thomas

He stood up slowly, dusting himself off. He had to be a father right now, since the cat was out of the bag. "If I went around shouting from the rooftops what's going on, there would be bigger issues at hand then our own. If everyone in LA knew exactly what was going on, I would lose all chance to see you again, let alone your mother. I understand your upset, but life hasn't been easy for me either Selene. If everyone and their grandmother knew who I am or what I am, we'd have more than a few people freaking out in the streets. We'll get this figured out, but I don't think this is one of those situations where shouting it out over the rooftops is our best course of action." His voice held the same calm, measured tone mixed with authority that only a father could possess. The tone that said 'I understand, but you have to listen'. Before he could get a chance to give her a hug or anything for comfort, it looked liked Mazok had that under control, the green goliath hugging the much smaller kitsune. Somehow, given everything that happened this far...it was sort of funny. Despite everything, he wanted to laugh at the sight. Though, given that'd be a terrible idea, he didn't. "Thanks Mazok..." His attention drifted to Amber, sighing. "Can you back me on my assessment? Given my unique...situation, and how much of a 'coverup' exists about that, is it a fair assessment shouting about it would cause more harm than good?" Somehow, the idea of shouting out to the heavens that he had been shoved into being a military asset and being forced to act so he could see his family again didn't seem like a good idea. Especially since there'd be the question of 'why is that' and the response would be 'I turn into a giant monstrosity that levels everything in sight'.
chaieftainoftheeye chaieftainoftheeye Deathkitten Deathkitten Aelia Aeldyne Aelia Aeldyne

Starfinger

Hm. Interesting. I had not felt a single psychic energy displacement nor mana release when she disappeared through the ground. So she really was a Fateweaver; that was impressive in itself, but nothing I was unable to deal with. And if I had to deal with that in spectacular fashion... I drew a circle with my hands, bringing them together as I ended the Twofold Duality. Boundaries thinned and blurred, and the world was whole anew. I, too, was whole again, not that it really mattered. Now was the time for spectacle. I called forth a sphere of energy to surround me - with what I was going to do here, even I would reel back if I stayed bare. And then I chanted.

<Written by madman's hand, a thousand words are penned in blood>

The very essence of the play that was going to unfold, unnatural and beyond logic or reason, this story was steeped in madness from its first to its last act.

<A hundred verses of grief recited, chanting madness' code>

An elegy to the sane, eulogy to the true, a poem whose stanzas broke the mirrors to free the reflections, words stringed together in a litany of discord, a regretful lament.

<Crowned in gold and crowned in death, reigning above and below>

Here I was, the center of the play. Cloaked by woe and crowned in dread, that was the true nature of the being whose life was made writ to be made act.

<Lo and behold this tragedy, this tale of the King in Yellow>

A story like no other, the recounting of the rise and fall of the greatest madmen through the hand of the mischievous King. None were spared, none remained. The empty world around me unfurled and unfolded as reality broke to become what I had ordered it to. Spires rose from nonexistent cracks in the ground, towers were erected and towers were brought down, palaces, streets, mansions, pathways, shacks and sewers fell into place all at the same time and yet one by one. Outside the city, the waters of the lake shimmered with the light of a thousand moons shining in the cloudy night sky, the sickened vegetation moving even though there was no wind.

1596549193535.png

The currents of fate would flow towards the future no more, in this place. Fate, here, was writ, and writ was stone. Five acts of pain and madness would unfold as the story took precedence upon the currents of time, the outcome of this already decided by the words on a divine page. Here, time was a spiral, circling endlessly around the city without ever entering it, for dim Carcosa is a madman's stage, and in those strange aeons, even death may die. Chrysanthia would have no choice but pull herself out of her timeless void, or be pulled out forcefully. I was the antagonist, after all, and this story needed a main character. But in a tragedy... The main character loses.

1596549210490.png

That said, I had to play my roles, or the story would break. I had a thousand masks to wear, and the first was a jester's.

"Welcome to this scene, spectators from the threads of fate ! Here, my dear niece, all the world's my stage, and you're but a player... Hahahahaha ! Come if you dare, for the Yellow King's tale... Does not know mercy, once the curtain goes up !"

Boisterous, exaggerated, vivid - a facade of liveliness in a world where silence was death. Here in dim Carcosa, shadows moved as people between pillars of stone, and people were shadows to be unseen as they slipped beyond the reaches of notice. The first act had begun, and none the wiser. I put on the costume of the second role, and my slithering form disappeared from perception and inside the city's labyrinth as the tides of fate kept crashing endlessly on the shores of the peaceful lake of the Hyades.

1596549599045.png

"When a book's written about a madman's god... The changes in the text are more than strikes of quill."

It was no speech, merely a sensation, a truth that spread thoughout this phantasmagoric realm made of a tale that'd never end well. Here, true it was, the one who had the script had destiny in hand.

Deathkitten Deathkitten

SHAAAARD

Shard simply sighed as he watched the demon approached him, such childishness. "please learn some class. You paltry excuses of demonic flesh upon this soon to be scorched earth insult my very existence. Truly, not even the skull faced dog of God wastes their time upon you, so do us all a favor and quietly shut up." he told the possessed boy who was winding up a punch. Seeing the punch coming towards him, all he did was simply slam his forehead into the fist mid punch, Depending on how strong the body is. The skull would always win a clash against a fist.

"uhhh. can someone take the spear out of me?" scile asked as she was still on the ground. her tendons slit but slowly healing. yet the spear in her spine still remained. "im sorry for getting controlled I really am! im not gonna punch ya" she was really pissed at herself for being that stupid, yet, stupid is what stupid does. Some dude in a white suit and sneakers told her that while holding a box of chocolates. She didnt really understand the saying but oh well. However she looked at grune glaring some. In truth she really wanted to continue the fight between her and Grune. Her warrior spirit was angry at their fight being interrupted But now probably wasn't the right time. "Hey! Grune, rematch later okay?" she asked the fallen crusader, yet his helmet was fixated upon the spirit of judgement. Questioning if he should even approach it.

Deathkitten Deathkitten ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Kyrenka Kyrenka

Kali~

Kali reached the top of the building launching towards the doll only to see her set the gun down. Stopping herself the neck was mere centimetres from the shooters neck. Why wasn't she fighting? "mr. ammo? who the fuck is he? I don't really give a shit but... Aren't you gonna do anything? Like... your secretly wearing a vest of explosives! that must be it! surely your not just...letting yourself die? Wheres the fun!? wheres the struggle!? If a lion walks before you and offers its throat to be slit is there any accomplishment or challenge!? Go on, fight me!" she yelled some angry. This is what Kali hated the most. Weaklings, cowards and idiots who surrender, where is the fun? To kill without struggle is just so.... Boring and that is the one thing Kali can not tolerate! She didn't use guns to give herself the challenge of charging at shooters. She loved her suit because of how mind crushingly hard it was to pilot! This was what she lived for! The thrill was the only thing to give her life. And for someone to just... throw away their will to win, their will to fight.... It gave her a feeling worse then anger. It was as if they had spit on her very existence. "Rifle.... Pick it up." she said her left eye twitching some in anger as her hands were shaking with rage. "PICK UP THE FUCKING GUN AND FIGHT." She yelled her eyes bloodshot.

Deathkitten Deathkitten

1596597837995.pngDoll #29
Emotion graced the doll's face, if only slightly. She was... confused. Miss Kali wanted her to fight? Didn't most people avoid such things?

"Miss Kali, I am now a doll for you to use as you please. If that use is to fight... I suppose I will do so," she said, brow furrowed a little as she picked back up her gun and gingerly pointed it towards Kali, "Are you certain, miss? If you wish later, you may use me for torture or other things that please you. I belong to you now. As for the moment, however, I will try my best to attack you as you wish it."

She held her rifle loosely pointed at Kali but shifted its weight to one hand and onto her side. With no warning, the center of her chest opened like a little door flap, a robotic cavity from which blasted forth a massive electric blue, armor-piercing energy-projectile point-blank at Kali.

Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

Kali

original.pngKali's eyes lit up, not with anger or surprise. But joy as she immediately threw her body back. dodging the blast as her robotic appendages crawled along the concrete flor. "YES! THIS IS WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT!" she happily yelled. "Struggle with all your might! LET YOUR SOUL BURN BRIGHTEST IN ITS FINAL MOMENTS!" she laughed maniacally. to anyone watching. it would be impossible to tell who the hero was. The blood starved eyes on kali darting about to get the whole environment as her smile could not grow any bigger. "Please do not disappoint. You've got me all wound up now. WE NEED TO BRING THIS FIGHT TO A CLIMAX!" she happily cried out. Drawing all six of her blades she stood back up cracking her neck. The hunt was on. let the pray struggle until their very last breath.

Deathkitten Deathkitten

1596602016622.pngDoll #29
Oh. She was insane. Noted. She wanted her to struggle. No problem. She could give miss that. She was impressive and dodged with relative ease. It was understandable why the boss had sent her to shoot her as a warning. For most, a sniper shot would be a bit more than a warning, after all.

The doll hopped back with surprising agility and tugged her gun up to her shoulder in a quick jerking motion. The front half fell off and clattered to the ground, only for it to spring to life and re-shape itself into a small mechanical spider with a miniature gun on its top. At the same time, the now-smaller gun in her hand was leveled at Kali. She made another hop backward onto a higher section of the same roof and shot and aimed at Kali's head as she went. Still the large bullets, but now much less range on them.

The small spider robot clacked along and took aim at Kali's feet and legs with the same ammunition as the doll hopped about.

Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

Kali!

original.gifKali eagerly scurried about the ground laughing the entire time as bullets whizzed past her or occasionally left small cuts on her armor. "YES! THIS IS WHAT FUN IS DEAR DOLL. FEEL THE EXCITEMENT!" she yelled. Looking at the spider she grabbed one of her electro magnetic arms and threw it like a javelin at the spider. using two to scurry about on the ground and one to spin a sword rapidly like a helicopter shield. Her blood was rushing as their was a small bit of drool in the corner of her grin. From just how delectable the skin of doll looked. How much more beautiful would it be when sliced apart? how would her screams seranade kalis ears? will her blood look beautiful upon her blades. Kali was desperate to learn these facts. " DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND MY JOY!?" she asked her voice nearly sounding like a moan as a bullet hit her right in the stomach getting stuck there. yet it only seemed to make her smile widen. The challenge had only become more difficult. And it only increased kalis fervent excitement. This fight will not end quickly. Kali intends to make sure of that. Like a hunter preying with their new toy.

Deathkitten Deathkitten

The Vengeant Orphan, WolfSpider

A sudden, feral snarl, something that the little Pup wouldn't normally expect from himself, had come bubbling up from his chest to rip asunder his throat. It turned into a vicious bark as his senses kicked in and his body reflexively twisted in-air to avoid the first of many different strands of Darkness that had shot forth from the inky black of Shade. The jerk was trying to stop him, and had the advantage of basically being able to move in a straight line - if one didn't consider the dips and raises in elevation thanks to buildings, but that wasn't exactly a comfort considering the man seemed to work in ways that basically screamed multidimensional transportation, was it? So he'd just have to avoid the man until he at least made it where he needed to be.

Again, another dart of Dark dashed past the child - almost making its mark as he found himself having to twist and then contort his body backwards, but the next volley of ink was going to have to force his hand. Near his own location, though it was a bit of a detour, was a sort of alcove that cut through a building and led out to the other side - a roundabout way to the Park, but it should work. Wolfspider's hand slung out, then retracted as he snapped it back and away from another snap of black before continuing on and slingshooting himself towards the alcove. It was a narrow passageway, admittedly with lots of civilians who were either running from or making their way towards the kerfuffle in the park, and it would make a perfect clot of people Shade would have to avoid in order to get to him, which would make the task all the harder. Even if he didn't mind doing something underhanded, he wouldn't be able to get away with disrupting so many innocent civilians....

So through the walkway/tunnel structure he would sling himself. To be clear, the Pup wasn't going to just swing through. Even with so many people in the space, it wouldn't do to not utilize his small form to lose himself in before making a quick snap and lunge from the crowd to gain more distance, and then lose his tail in the crowd once more, but it was exhausting. No matter how lithe his body as he slid through legs and weaved around whoever was in his way, and no matter just how quickly he could slingshot himself through the air and over heads, the fact remained that he was starting to gas out, and Shade was hot on his heels.... But the OA member wasn't going to care, were they? Man or Woman - or whatever in-between, they weren't going to care, and neither should he.

Another growl left the masked and snarling maw of the WolfSpider before he gave one last heft with what he could muster, and swung himself outward, then once he was sure he was likely out of Shade's line of sight, and within view of the Park, he would swing upward and then snap with another yank of spider silk to the side of the building to stick and assess the situation for a quick second....

Which made his heart sink. It appeared that there were already heroes on the scene, and more than one had already seemed to be dispatched by the now very observably dead Occard Alliance Associate. He showed up too late to help. Even to just distract - which he wasn't going to relent as far as being incredibly adept at, if he wasn't worried about the Spooks-a-lot Try-Hard and trying to avoid him, he could've done something; There had to have been something that he could have done about the situation, and before he felt as if he could have been spotted by the other heroes, his free, left hand snapped upward to zip himself to the top of the building. It wasn't even a second after where his shaking hand ripped the mask from his sweat-soaked maw. Xasura's chest was heaving with the sudden allowance of sweet, crisp air high above the smog of the city, and his shaking hands tugged and fruitlessly attempted to rend the mask to bits.

It stayed perfectly intact, which helped him to no degree whatsoever to quell his sudden anger, but once he would sense the movement of Shade once more, his body would pivot and he would point, right hand balled at his side as his maw pulled back to show all the glistening, sharp, flesh-rending teeth that he had at his disposal.

"Freaking YOU!!!" he barked, his vision blurring as he held back his desire to wipe at his face. "I did what I said I would do and then you decided to slow me down! I got a hold of my wizard friend and told him where to meet you all so that if I wasn't there, he'd be able to meet you all and you decided to slow me down!!"

His balled hand, holding the mask he had made, slung forward to chuck the silken fabric at the man, a growl of irritation bubbling from his maw.

"They killed my mom and dad," he continued on, his voice now cracking, left hand pointing in the direction of the Orphanage. "They killed so many parents of my brothers and sisters, and there's one of them down there right now, so why are you trying to stop me?! Why are you trying to stop me from doing what should be done?!

"It's not like I got a whole lot to lose anyway, y'know! I'm some brat in an orphanage who got you someone who can help you with your problem, so what else do you need, huh?!" His voice had become more frantic as he threw his hands out, his vision now too blurry to make out anything within a foot of him. "What else do you need from some social-security-sucking dog now that I let the mage know someone could use their help - a Mage I know'll be here? You wanna make yourself feel good by 'rescuing some poor, wayward child' or something?! I'm not buying it, Spooky! I don't think it'd bother you that much if I got boxed and buried - maybe Father Anderson and Sister Seraphine would care, but what right do you have to just suddenly give half a crap?!

"Y-you... you freaking...."

He couldn't keep up the ranting. Instead, with the cause of his torment so close, yet so far and already neutralized, the orphan wept. All he could do was stand before the man he made a target of his pain and weep, endlessly wiping at his face to try to rid himself of the tears. Xasura had been so close to doing at least something to make up for his parents being felled during the Attack, and yet he had been made late. A part of him knows that Shade had only made him late to his impending funeral, which would have done nothing good for anyone, but from what he was told, his parents didn't hesitate for even a second, so why should he? Why should he not be a son of his parents? Why should he be the one of the three to not go where they were needed - even if he was just a pup?

A world of peace required the will to fight and lay down one's life should it be required, and anyone who decided that they would take up the mantle of Hero - young or of-age, needed to make peace with that.

Just like his parents.

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

Last edited:
1596629397953.pngDoll #29
She frowned, Kali's enthusiasm making even the doll's muted emotions flicker with concern. She was a predator. A lion - no, far worse but smaller, a housecat - toying with its prey. "N-no I don't understand that, miss!" she shouted as the spider was cut down. The doll ducked as she knew what would come next. Not a moment after the spider had been beaten, it exploded in a spray of unspent rounds of ammunition. No accuracy, but lots of spread.

Now on her knees, which she didn't care had been scratched up in her rush to duck, the doll tore her finger down and dislocated it. The skin peeled and ripped, bleeding like a macabre painting on her skin. Beneathe it lay another gun. Ammo liked his guns. It was his whole shtick. That and lots of kidnapping.

She waited until Kali came up over the edge of the higher platform and let rip a blast that made her bones creak in protest. Another energy weapon, this time one that was intended to wear down her energy shields over time. The doll thought for a moment as she went through the motions. How could she make her new owner feel even better and fit her requests?

Ah. She knew.

"You wanted to fight, but so far all you're doing is making me horny with that voice of yours. Why not show me what you want to do to me?"

Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

oracle girl 2.jpgOracle
Okay, I had to admit. When I imagined eldritch powers, I hadn't imagined any of this being possible. It was incredible, like everything else he did. After I felt like I was going to get torn in two, the timestream not wanting to let me go and the whirlwind my uncle had created, I ended up on the shore of a desperate, ailing lake whose plants looked sadder than a desert's. They writhed without wind, without reason.

I found myself laughing through the pain. I had succeeded, at least somewhat, in pulling myself to here instead of getting torn in two. As much as it hurt, as my ribs hurt, my knees felt bruised, and sweat beaded against my brow, I would not give up. He was going to win, of this, I was already sure, but that didn't mean I wasn't going to keep trying. I was going to try until I had no feet left to move.

This was his world, and if I played by his rules here, there would be no chance.

What's another dangerous, stupid idea when you already had one? We were going all-out, right? If he was a villain, then I'd have to stop him at all costs, even my own safety. I had to show him I was willing to do that. That I was willing to do anything. I was shaky from the pain of getting dragged there. In all honesty, if I wasn't so stinkin' determined, it probably would have knocked me out. If he was going to pull me out of the timestream and into this dream world of his, then I would bring the nightmares.

For the second time today, I muttered, "This is gonna suck."

And I opened myself to the nightmares. The beasts that wanted to devour places like this, that hated their very existence. If I couldn't beat him myself, then I'd get them to force his hand. To be honest, I didn't know what I was doing. I understood some of the risks, but not all. I could feel some of them pass through me and into this strange worldscape my uncle had made. Strange creatures. There was one I remember seeing, it looked like a manta ray with antlers sprouting from its topside and a tail that seemed to go on for more than a hundred feet. Another reminded me of a jackrabbit with wisps for eyes - it looked like it was made of shadows. All these beasts from the timestream, eager to gnaw upon the foundations of a world beyond time, furious at its continued existence.

Aside from the pain that wracked my body, made spots dance in my vision, and made me want to throw up... that was all okay. Still dumb, but I was fine.

What wasn't fine was what came next. The problem with doing things you aren't quite sure about... that you don't know all the risks about... I felt a wall slam into me through this connection I had opened, and... the world went dark. I was aware, but suddenly, I couldn't see anything. I couldn't feel anything. I was in a void.

You... want to... play... yes? I play. You want to... win... I win.

The voice, warped and playful, rang through my mind. I realized then that I had been possessed... not something I even thought was a risk associated. Heh. I had really fucked up. Panic ate at me, but what could I do in this void? Trapped in my mind?
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
"Mine. MINE. Free free I'm free now I must eat! Eat and eat and - oh there is a tasty god here. Tasty tasty golden god! Silly girl this one is too old for you! Too old and too strong. Must be more careful opening doors! Too bad silly girl. Too bad for you but good for me!" it crooned like a crazed joker, spreading Chrysie's arms wide, bent at an awkward angle to the side, but it's voice turned dark, gravelly, unnatural, and booming with power and force, "COME OUT COME OUT GOLDEN TASTY TREAT!"

Aelia Aeldyne Aelia Aeldyne

shield.jpgJupiter and Shield
He gave SoulFlare a cheeky grin, totally unaffected by her jostling him about. Jupiter on the other hand looked concerned, "Geez... shouldn't you be a little more careful with the boy?"

Shield laughed, actually happy right now, "I'm alright. She can be as rough as she wants with me. It won't hurt. It's my power."

"Your power is not feeling pain?"

"Well... not getting hurt. Durability."

"Woah... how strong is it?"

"Well... haven't found anything that can even scratch me yet. Still looking though," he teased, still smiling as he looked back to SoulFlare, "So! What now? Do we have to report this event to the police? Write up a report or something? How does this work?"

Jupiter piped up, "I can handle any paperwork and chat with the police and the media. Honestly, I've had enough excitement today anyway, and I feel like the news reporters would probably irritate most of the other heroes here.."

"Sweet! Paperwork doesn't sound fun anyway. That said though, do you think we could go get my tests done for hero work, SoulFlare? The physical part and all that?"
He wanted to get it done sooner rather than later... especially so he could fully interject with villains and stuff. Playing damage control wasn't very fun... and mostly was just stressful as all heck. Getting people to move their butts... talking to civilians at all... he could already tell it wasn't going to be his favorite task. He wanted to be useful. They got the paperwork out of the way, but the physical... where would he sit? Was he capable enough?

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Kyrenka Kyrenka Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

Athra - Ivah - Near the cathedral

I stirred. The light rain had woken me, and I slowly blinked as my body stretched out. Hm. The rain felt nice. There was nothing new to behold in the surroundings, and so I went to reach the edge of the roof - I would have, at least. I stifled a yawn and I realized that sleeping for too long had tired me more than I expected. No slithering for now, it seemed. Corvo was not giving any sign of activity today, which made me assume that he had chosen to rest in the vast expanses of my soul that housed every single one of my victims. Hm. Who was shining today ? Who would be interested in lending me their appearance ?

Few, very few. Of the beasts, all were too frightened, as ever, to even consider drawing my attention. Of the people... There were few who were not outright hostile, I noticed, and among them none who stood out above the others. Ah, there. One who simply did not care. An old thing, this one, but whose strength had made careless. Ivah Chalem, the Drow assassin. Arguably my toughest battle, and one that I had not emerged of unscathed. I had found with great pain that Ivah's teeth and fingers were able to damage even dragon scales, and the old Drow was not one to relent even when its doom had become apparent.

"Rouse, Ivah", I called out. "Time has come for you to be useful."

The murderous, carefree thing raised its gaze to mine, two scarlet-pink orbs of ennui. Ivah's horns and his vertical pupils were a marker of his draconic ascendancy, which was one of the reasons I always preferred to reach out to him when needed. As always, even when he spoke, his lips moved with but a tremor, nearly imperceptible.

"And what is it that you demand of this old carcass, dragon ?"

"Body and soul, as always. Nothing more, nothing less."

Ivah rose to his feet, and I could read it in his eyes, a glint replacing boredom. It was stifled, muffled, but present nonetheless. Anticipation, the knowledge that there was something possibly interesting outside of the reaches of my soul.

"Ever will you give freedom a steep price... Shall we go ?"

And from ashes, bones and devoured flesh, rising from the depths of my soul, Ivah's body and consciousness reformed in existence, my gelatinous essence compressing itself in the revenant's innards. I was there too, but hidden beneath the skin and behind the bone, coiled up and motionless. Copiloting, in a sense. We rose to our feet, and Ivah stretched, even though there were precious few feelings in this body.

Athra.png

"The light of the sun... I appreciate it being masked. The sewers were a much more appreciable location. Death and poison abounded, and not a speck of light. But... You have shown me an even better place, even though it is boring. I do look forward to see what world you would make should you become a god."

"That is for later... Now, I feel a strange thing coming from the alley."

We walked to the edge of the cathedral's roof, and what we saw was... A lone woman it seemed, but she was unnatural.

"Intriguing. She feels sullied."

I stared in her depths, studying the layout of her soul. A formless thing revolving around a spike of impossibility. Dead she was, long gone, and yet she stood. And in the core of her being, the same strangeness that I had beholden in the cathedral, the man in black. Was she linked to him ?

"Peculiar."

We were in accord on that point. We jumped from the edge, landing softly a few yards away from the woman, and Ivah hailed her with his voice like quicksilver, cold but soft and swaying.

"It seems to be the afternoon... So good afternoon, milady. You seem lost in this alley. Do you require a guide ?"

Deathkitten Deathkitten

alexander wife.pngJenny - All aloooone!
Jenny gave the man a long, almost forlorn look before she smiled sweetly at him. Her enchanting eyes studied the features of his face before she considered how to respond. He was an island in a sea of fog, even if he seemed a little odd.

“Aren’t we all a bit lost?” She asked, voice quizzical and sweet as honey, the voice of a kind mother. Patient. Caring. Even to a stranger, her voice sounded like home.

She was happy there was another person she could speak to clearly... but her daughter had disappeared. Perhaps she tried to follow her father on impulse? She couldn’t do anything about it, so at least for the moment, she tried not to worry about it. Worrying would get her nowhere, and would only further fog her mind.

She walked up to Ivah and gave him a gentle touch on his bicep, “You give me clarity. I’m sorry, but why did you come here, sir? I haven’t seen many Drow in my time... much less one with horns like yours. Half-dragon, perhaps? I don’t know where I’d have a guide to, but I’d love the company for the time being... if you'd be so kind as to give it. I know it's much to ask for time from a stranger, so I hope you'll forgive me.”

Aelia Aeldyne Aelia Aeldyne

SoulFlare

She wasn't sure what she was expecting, but the idiot to throw a punch at a demon on a much higher level than her wasn't it. Ah well, it was amusing in it's own sort of way. Dropping Shield she started over to Scile, a hand wrapping around the spear. "Stay still." Putting her heel on the small of Scile's back, she yanked the spear out of the demoness with probably too much lack of concern for her. Studying the spear for a moment her head tilted...obviously blessed. The paladin had been wielding it earlier. Her gaze fell on Grune, studying them in silence. Oh...oh the twisted, horrible irony. Lifting her foot off Scile she walked over, offering the spear to Grune. "I'm not sure what's more twisted and ironic...a paladin serving a demon. Or the other fact. It doesn't really matter...here's your spear, Grune."

Attention drifting back to Jupiter she shook her skull slowly. "The pup doesn't break. I could drop him from a plane, and he'd bounce...that actually sounds mildly amusing. I appreciate you handling the reporters and paperwork. For obvious reasons...I don't mix well with people." Attention shifted to Shield, a slow nod offered. "We'll get your testing done before the days end. We still have some hours left to burn. Give Jupiter my contact information, there's another person I have to meet it seems.
Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon Deathkitten Deathkitten Kyrenka Kyrenka

Last edited:
Amber - Scrapyard

I held silence for a long moment. Perhaps longer than what was comfortable, but I needed that time to think. My eyelids were closed, but my eyes were roving underneath in heat vision mode, checking the surroundings, keeping vigil. My sword had gone silent and inert again at my hip, and I could think clearly. My arms were folded against my chest, and I was leaning against the side of the car. I was deep in thought, because that situation was a first even for me. I knew some in the military - especially in the higher ranks - were a bit lacking in morality when it came to firepower. And Brawler definitely was powerful. But to think they'd coerce him into service using his family as bait... How different from terrorists were they, now ? Terrorists... I could contact this one girl to get rid of them.

I spoke up, not even batting an eyelid.

"Everyone stay calm, thanks. So. Brawler. You're right. As of now, revealing the truth would cause more damage than anything. Fairly sure that the whole thing is illegal though, so they're gonna cover their asses. So what I'll do is that I'll get in touch with one of my informants to get the location of your wife and then I'll send someone to secure her. I'll dig up internally to find the names of the higher ups involved in the matter, and then we'll reveal the truth and bring it to justice. With things like that coercion, two instances of what probably counts as kidnapping and maybe more, they're liable for at least fifteen years. That or I hire the Lady in Black to splatter their brains on the floor. They'd have deserved it. But for now... You, kid. You're gonna stay in the backseat till we're done with this mission, and I don't want to hear a complaint. The windows are tinted so you shouldn't be seen unless you set yourself on fire. Then we'll decide of what to do of you. Brawler, you're staying in reserve for now, and you come out only if I tell you to. Mazok, you're gonna help me deal with the sub once we catch it. Everyone clear ?"

My eyes shot open, encompassing everyone present on the scene. From their point of view, they'd be shining orange due to the heat sight behind the golden irises. I switched back to normal sight and let out a small sigh.

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles chaieftainoftheeye chaieftainoftheeye Deathkitten Deathkitten

he looked at amber. "this is someones family trident, i feel it more relates to crooks who kill police and their families. if we find them, let me know." as he got up from the hug, one hand on his choppa. "otherwise the plan is agreeable." as he walked to the car, the other orks just backing off from their creator.. as if they sensed a hidden fury in his eyes as he looked to them. "you will fallow us without deviance, you will not loot, steal or kill until i give the ok. clear?" they nod.

Aelia Aeldyne Aelia Aeldyne Deathkitten Deathkitten ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

Last edited:
Serenity Selene Black.pngSerenity/Selene
Serenity, or Selene as her name was supposed to be, just started crying. She gave up trying to be upset and angry or flaming or whatever else and just cried as Mazok gave her a much-needed hug. As big and scary as she wanted to make herself seem, she was still a little girl, and this was all way too much. She just nodded, a mess of sniffles as she climbed into the car without another word. She clung to her Father as she silently cried in the car.

How was this gonna go? Were they really gonna be okay? Why did they take her daddy away from her? Was he bad? He was a hero, doing this hero stuff, so he couldn't be bad... but... why? It wasn't fair. It wasn't okay. She wanted to scream to the heavens, call God names for the injustice, tear up her sheets, and cry into her pillow. Father Anderson wasn't even at the church right now - who knew where he was... probably helping people. There was no one here she knew, just people she wished she did.

Do you think he'll love you?

Would he after he knew she had stolen some money and stuff? What if he hated her?

You shouldn't give him the chance to hurt you...

She shut her eyes to the voice in her head. There were no sounds that mattered right now but her dad's breathing. Paranoia could wait.

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles chaieftainoftheeye chaieftainoftheeye Aelia Aeldyne Aelia Aeldyne

Thomas

Thomas listened silently to Amber dish out her thoughts and commands, nodding along. "Right...thanks. I'd much rather not get anyone killed...I want to believe that even if they've screwed me over, they've done good as well. I'll stay in the vehicle with Serenity...or...Selene, unless you need me. And if that happens just...stay clear." He stared at Amber's now glowing eyes for a moment before piling into the car. When the young kitsune crawled in to cling to him his arm unconsciously went around her, a hand patting her on the back. "It'll be alright...Want to play twenty questions?" It was a shitty tactic, admittedly, but getting a kid to stop thinking about what was upsetting them through a game was usually a safe bet.
Deathkitten Deathkitten Aelia Aeldyne Aelia Aeldyne chaieftainoftheeye chaieftainoftheeye

~Anne Beaufort~
Hospital

1596758550781.png Oh no. This was Anne's worst nightmare. Vera was on the edge of tears and Anne didn't know what to do. With Aia, being comforting and caring was easy since the alien was a literal child. You just cradle them and gave them reassurances and everything was OK. Vera was a grown woman, and a stranger at that. Anne couldn't get away with a offering a hug and gentle words. That was weird and could possibly get her a restraining order. Not to mention the fact that she's injured. Hugs were not advisable for physically injured people. Mustering her courage, the doctor drew close enough to lay a hesitant hand on top of Vera's own. There was a pause before Anne spoke, "I'm kind of in the same boat as you. I don't have powers but Aia does." She drew in a shaky breath. "It's hard. Kids always are but it gets a lot harder when it's suddenly life and death. Sometimes I wonder if I'm even doing the right thing encouraging the heroics. Especially when I see incidents like the airport happen." The thought of Aia dying threatened to crack the dark-haired woman's heart. The little girl's eyes were too bright and her smile too big to be snuffed out. She didn't think that she would be able to live with herself if anything happened to the alien. "I honestly have no idea what I'm doing, but I know that if I didn't give her this then she'd never be able to survive if someone does come after her." There was another pause before Anne hesitantly offered, "I've heard that there's this school that offers to teach kids how to control their powers. I actually am considering it for when Aia is a bit older but Louie's a lot stronger; he might need it now. Astrella's Boarding School? Have you heard of it?"

((Interacting with Deathkitten Deathkitten 's Vera | Mentioned Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving 's Aia))

Last edited:
~Dietrich~
Goblin Funeral

1596759378841.png Interest was a strange thing, it could either bring fortune or disaster; it all depended on whose interest you captured. Watching the skeleton flip his coin, the Nephilim felt a cold sensation crawl down his spine. The coin landed on its edge and while Dietrich didn't know what the flip was for the outcome seemed to be in their favor. He wondered what would've happened if it hadn't landed as it did. Would they be dead? How fascinating. He would've loved to have asked but there was a time and place for everything. Right here, right now, was not the appropriate time to give voice to his curiosity. So he held his tongue. At Morgan's signal, he dutifully held out the briefcase for one of the two to take. He kept a light smile on his face, the picture of harmlessness so not to frighten them. He doubted that their kind would frighten easily, but spending so much time with humans had made him careful out of habit. I suppose there was a reason angels of old always began with, "Do not be afraid." He almost missed the days when humans were more superstitious. It was amusing to watch the blood drain from their faces when they realized that he wasn't human as well.

((Interacting with Aelia Aeldyne Aelia Aeldyne 's Goblin Crew and ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles 's Morgan))

~Enzo~
The Fast and The Furious but with a priest

1596760658939.png Anderson's voice was suddenly starting to grate on him. He wasn't sure if it the words he spoke or the soft tone he spoke them with but it caused Enzo to slowly speed up; like as if going faster could help him escape what suddenly felt like a lecture. "You said it yourself, they're tools." Red eyes glanced at Father Anderson. They burnt with a darkness of someone who was too far gone to know what compassion was anymore. "So that's how I'm going to treat her; like the tool she is. Doesn't make sense to treat her like she's anything better than that." The road was mostly empty now that they were on the outskirts of the city. Enzo took the opportunity to swerve around a few cars as he continued driving like as if he was trying to escape some horrid fate; or the angel he left in the city behind him.

"She's not a pet, she's a fucking killer. If she wants nice shit she's gotta earn it, and that means doing what I say the first time I fucking ask." He meant that at least. Tools that did their job well deserved to be taken care of and kept in top condition. Tools that were worn and caused more trouble were useless and deserved to be thrown out. Enzo knew she still had potential, but if he were less of the man he was he would've tossed her out years ago. I'm practically a fucking saint. Although, for all the trouble she gives him he probably should drop her soon. That was a issue for later though.

Weaving around a few cars, Enzo let a few beats of silence fill the space between him and Father Anderson before answering with a shrug. "Now that I got some cash, everything. There's a shit ton of stuff that I haven't even done yet that I can do now with it. I want to visit places, I want to do the things normal people can only watch rich people do on TV, I want it all." He didn't care, he just wanted to keep tasting the life of luxury that he had been denied for so long. Hell, maybe I'll go to a spa next. It was the sort of pretentious shit he hated rich people for before, but now that he could get into a place like that he wanted to see if it was really all it cracked up to be. Maybe he'd even take Zaph so that someone could massage her. Maybe then she'd stop being such a fucking bitch.

((Interacting with Deathkitten Deathkitten 's Father Anderson | Mentioned Aelia Aeldyne Aelia Aeldyne 's Zaphkiel))

Alexander Insert screeching white noise here

He just had to catch the boy, it was that simple! Just grab a hold of him and turn around. But he was so god damn agile and slippery it was like trying to catch a greased cat! His thoughts of aggravation quickly turned to one of cold panic and confusion. There was something wrong...something alien, something foreign going on. In that odd little reality or lack thereof, that he seemed to be connected to or rather, resided in, he felt something within it. A feeling that was too familiar...Angela. How...how did she end up there!? A feeling of dread flooded him as he remembered what she'd been injected with so routinely. He had to catch the boy, NOW.

Xasura made a duck through a crowded location, and as much as he hated too, he had to dive down and stop with the attempts to grab him, at least until he left it. Once he had, his pursuit continued as he tried to grab the wolf, only to fail time and again. As Xasura came to a halt atop the building, he surfaced beside him, trying to keep a reign on his own personal rage going on. A hand darted out, grabbing his mask and holding onto the fabric. He stood silent as Xasura had his personal meltdown, an odd feeling mixing with his rage. A paternal concern, blended with fiery anger. Like a fine spice seasoned to a dish, something new came from it. "Wolfspider...That's what you call yourself, right? A hero in the making?" His hand balled up, clenching onto the mask. "You think you're the only one who hurts?! Do you think you're the only one who's pissed off? Look around you, you can pick any face out of a crowd and they feel a pain similar to your own! Your parents died, that's true. But they died doing what the could, so you could live a better life, a full life! Every hero who gave their life that day, that's what they fought for! You want to be a hero? You help where you can, where you can do the best!" He took a step forward, the bubble of darkness that made up his head contorting for a moment. "I'm trying to help you because I lay awake at night with enough demons already! I'm trying to help you because you don't need to throw your life away out of rage! I'm trying to help you, because...because..." Because the world didn't need another Shade running around. "What would you have done when you got here!? You'd have died. You'd have done no good at best, you'd have gotten in the heroes way at worst. You'd have been a large spot on the ground, and those heroes would blame themselves for it!"

He took a deep breath, chest rising before slowly falling. He had to be the adult...rage was done, thoughts were now. "If you want to be a hero...you don't throw your life away and act like you're some proud martyr going to the cross. A hero doesn't seek fame, or glory, or fortune. Those that have those driving factors aren't fit to call themselves that. A hero helps where they can do the most positive. Back there, that's where you were helping. You're the only one who can talk to Jenny, and you ran off because you wanted to go fight the good fight, and died doing no real good against a man who was part of a group that slaughtered S class like they were cattle. If you think you don't have a whole lot to lose, you're madder than I am. You said it yourself...you have brothers and sisters. People who love you, and people you love. How do you think they'd have felt, to learn their brother threw his life away? That Xasura wasn't coming home this evening? They've lost a lot, you said it yourself. Would you feel comfortable making them lose more? Back there..." He jutted his finger in the direction of where they had left. "Were two girls who needed help only you could offer. Was a mother and a wife who is practically dead to the world, who only lit up when you spoke. I'm not telling this to make you feel bad, and I'm certainly not doing this to make me feel better about myself. Nothing can do that." Taking a few steps forward he knelt down, a hand going on the boy's shoulder. "You want to hate me? Fine, you can join the club, there are thousands in it and they'd love to have you. But you have so much good you can do in this world, I know that for a fact...don't throw your life away because you want to punch someone in the face when it's a fight you can't win." He stared at the wolf in silence for a few minutes. "Now...I can't force you to do jackshit, that's been made totally apparent with that chase through the city. I'm going to give you your mask back. If you're done helping, fine...I'll speak to your mage. But do the world a favor...keep living, kid. Because there's enough bad in it, and it needs good like you. People like me only do a certain brand of good...you can do the part people like. The part that might do more." He wasn't sure if he believed that last bit, not in all honesty. But he needed to offer something nice after nearly biting the boys head off. Standing up he started towards the other end of the building, back the way they came. "I need to get back to the girls. Something...something bad happened to angela. Are you coming?"
Osuka Osuka

Father Anderson.jpgFather Anderson
How to handle this? If he was too nice, then the boy would walk all over him, and the situation he and the angel were in would not improve. How forceful did he need to be? "Keep a tiger as a pet and it'll eat you if you beat it," he stated simply with a shrug, "They can only really kill certain people. It's pretty specific. She should be able and willing to kill demons. After all, they are Heaven's enemies and only a select few are off-limits from killing. If you're bloodthirsty then aim your efforts there. Trying to get her to commit sins is like trying to break a marble wall with your bare hands. Aim for demons to kill and not only are you helping Heaven, in a way, but you're also getting money and power. Demons tend to like lucrative businesses, so you can get a fair bit of cash by taking them out. Plus, taking out demons, demons tend to want to handle their own, so the law would get involved less."

It felt so shady him giving this advice... but it was far better demons, enemies of his patron, than anyone else. This boy was fucked up in the head.

"Actually, if you'd like, perhaps the church could even hire you as a mercenary? A crusader of sorts?" he asked, thinking about it further, "It's not my favorite... division, shall we say... but it would give you something to do that you seem like you'd enjoy, and would give you a way to procure cash from violence against demons. A much-preferred outlet. No devotion to God required, lucky for you."

Kyrenka Kyrenka Aelia Aeldyne Aelia Aeldyne

Users who are viewing this thread

Back