• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Mjr. Sadensei - Naval Scrapyard

The gears of her mind ground to a halt when the kid tried to scurry off and spoke out like it was nothing that she had just done. The other two had been reasonable, and thus the anger that she directed at them had waned, replaced by some sort of mild discontent. She had almost been ready to cool off and let it slide, with just something to ensure that the kid wouldn't skitter around and cause trouble. But now...

Her fist tightened on the pommel of her sword, more and more strands of blackness pouring out of her into the glowing blade. The kid was talking, but she did not listen to what she was saying. She was, anyway, far past giving a shit. She wanted to draw already, to get a clean cut on something. She clenched her teeth, restraining the urge to just slice the life out of the twerp, instead considering her available options.

First, kill her and clean the scene. Feasible, but the worst possible choice. Would be a hassle, and she'd have to justify herself afterwards, with of course "I lost my shit" not being an acceptable excuse. Second, let the kid act on her whims, which would be both a pain in the ass and possibly dangerous for everyone involved, as well as a bad influence on the kid's education. She'd not go for that either. Third, catch her and lecture her on the way to the coast as to why she was being a stupid twerp. She'd have gone for that, but she was more than likely to just snap at the kid over and over till they arrived. So... no. Last, either knock her out or catch her in a way that guaranteed that she would not get to see anything of the operation, while keeping her in a safe place. Would be both an effective punishment and an effective manner to not have the kid in the way.

Imperceptibly, she lowered her pinky so that it touched the hilt of her sword, tapping into the pool of negativeness stored inside. The instant her skin made contact, there was like a flash, and a dark grey smoke rose from the ground - a circle of matter turned to vapor, maybe a yard and a half wide - as well as from her skin, darker and thicker - dead skin and dead blood sent aflight into dust. Her eyes flared red, the crimson tint glowing ominously over the golden irises.

She let go of the sword, the handle falling down a few millimeters as it was no longer held. The red markings on the blade were now glowing rhythmically - along with her heartbeat, slow, regular, powerful. Within half a second, she tensed and released, the power of her anger improving her already beyond human abilities - she jumped cleanly from her spot, almost vanishing from sight as she reappeared in front of the kid, locking eyes with her.

"Stupid brat."

It was more growl than words, but the meaning was clear. Ya dun goofed was a message every entity in the universe was able to comprehend. Amber twisted her wrists, and two man-sized spiderwebs of liquid amber spurted out of her palms. She was fairly sure it would catch the kid, but given that she had managed to give herself wings, nothing was sure. Though she had taken another precaution - two of the "threads" were sent at such height that they'd smack the kid's temples and knock her out if they hit - or had a decent chance at least. Kids aren't as tough as adults can be, so the speed in those two was lower than in the rest of the web. And if it was a success... Well she'd be there to catch the kid before she fell to the ground like a sack of potatoes. As angry as she might be, she wasnt pissed enough to actually be mean.

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Deathkitten Deathkitten chaieftainoftheeye chaieftainoftheeye

Last edited:
Mike Dorman - Beverly Hilton

So they were PIs, huh ? Or feds... Something. Couldn't really make it out, not used to seeing plates like his. Well, if they had come to investigate, going to complain that someone was taking care of it. The oldest complaints were more than a week old at this points, and clients were complaining more that it wasn't dealt with. Thankfully, it was the boss' job to tell them that we couldn't command heroes to come and deal with it. Oh well, the man looked amenable anyway, so it should go well.

"But of course, sir. On top of welcoming customers and sometimes working at the bar when we are understaffed, I am the dayshift manager of this place, so it is in my ability to provide you with everything you might need, or so I do believe."

Making a gesture of the arm, he incited the two of them to follow him, and then pressed a button under the counter, speaking in a small microphone.

"Please follow me, ma'am, sir. I will lead you to the sec room, where my colleague and I will be able to show you the CCTV recordings of yesterday's events as well as the official customer clients we keep there that are seemingly related." (turning to the mic) "Josh, you're front for the next couple hours, PIs are here for yesterday's shitfest and the thefts. Lara, get me the records for that ready for when we come please."

(back to Adam and Sylvia)

"I hope you'll find the culprits, to be honest. Yesterday's events coupled to the previous string of thefts have made the displeasure among our clientele swell, and not even us staff members are at ease with that going on. One day it's the clients and they complain to us, but if we get attacked we have no one to complain to. Well anyway, please excuse me for worrying out loud like that..."

Mike sighed, leading the way to the security room.

Deathkitten Deathkitten ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

serenity.pngSerenity
She screamed out of fear. This adult lady was scary. So aggressive. So mean. What had she done but slip and fall on their roof? Was this what people called a "Karen"? Or was she just crazy? It was bad enough that she was becoming entangled in the amber spiderweb, but as she was and her wings disappeared she began to fall and was struck square in the temples. Her head spun, stars in her vision, the feeling of being caught in her web, so to speak, helped to keep her awake. It left her gasping, bleeding, crying. After all, she was just a kid, so she began to cry and sob in fear and pain.

Her temples were bleeding, and as head wounds do, quite impressively. Was she gonna kill her or something? What'd she done that was so bad? Was this God punishing her for stealing? She struggled to little avail, yelling through her sniffling sobs, "Let me go! I'm-I'm just a kid! P-please don't kill me! I'm s-sorry!!" She said more but it was mostly not understandable through her hiccuping breaths.

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Aelia Aeldyne Aelia Aeldyne chaieftainoftheeye chaieftainoftheeye

Last edited:
sylviahero.pngSilver Sylvia
"Your worry is absolutely understandable!" Sylvia comforted, giving the man a smile, "On the positive side, it seems no one has been killed recently, so that's always a positive! The spirits present have been here quite a while. I appreciate your cooperation - it will make it easier to avoid this escalating. So, what has been stolen? Just money or objects as well? The things a thief might take give a lot of insight into the sort of person they are and why they do it. For instance, if they're just doing it to try to survive, they can probably be reasoned with. If they're doing it for fun, however, they're more likely to put up a fight when they get brought in."

She sighed and turned her head to look at one of the spirits that were taking interest in her presence. The others couldn't see him, but he was clear as day to Sylvia and Adam alike. Suicide from the 1950s. A Latino man. Looked to be about 30. Had been here over a hundred years. Old building. Must have been updated a lot.

Have you seen anything interesting? she asked the spirit, mentally. It looked coherent enough to speak... so might as well see if there was any juicy gossip in the spirit realm.

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Aelia Aeldyne Aelia Aeldyne

Last edited:
Thomas

Thomas rested his hands in his pockets, the unnerved feeling she had instilled on him slowly wearing off, only to be replaced with a new form of concern. His attention jumped from his now flying daughter to Amber, his eyes widening a bit in shock. Oh no. He raised his hand as if to stop her, too little too late. The woman was gone, up in the air in front of Selene. His attention snapped to her, jaw hanging agape in shock and horror as the young girl was tangled in the web. He could deal with that and live with it, but the strike to her temples was too far! His body was frozen in place, all he could do is watch in shock as the young woman plummeted to the ground, only to be caught by Trident. It could be worse though, it could be worse....she could have landed on the ground itself!

Thomas was frozen in place for a sum of time before his body began to move, hurrying over to the car to grab the medkit from beneath his seat. "Trident...that was just a bit excessive." Keep his cool, he could do this. Grabbing the kit he moved over towards the two females, kneeling down to start to treat Serenities head wounds. "It's....it's fine. Hey hun, shh...no one's going to kill you. I won't let anyone for that matter...what's your name?"
Deathkitten Deathkitten Aelia Aeldyne Aelia Aeldyne chaieftainoftheeye chaieftainoftheeye

Last edited:
Detective Marshall

Adam gave a nod, resting a hand in his jeans pocket as he followed after the gentleman. His eyes scanned the surroundings in silence, taking note of anything he really could be it in place or out of. "Your perfectly fine. Sometimes it helps to speak out loud and vent a bit. I can't imagine you get to do that very much, Mister Dorman. Your expected to smile, nod your head, and give a 'yes ma'am' or a 'yes sir' at any given moment. I'm just here to help, your welcome to speak to me as you want, don't have to use 'sir'. Honestly prefer to be called Detective anyways." Pulling out his small notepad and pencil he started to scribble some things in it, mostly just the situation thus far, a small detailed note about mike and the state of the hotel. "Wish I could help more with the attacks, but unfortunately that's not my department per say. Like my partner said, if this is motivated to pay bills they're easier to talk to. If they're stealing just for the hell of it, a lot more complicated."

He took note of Sylvia's new friend, and added that into his notes. "After we look at the cameras, I'd like to visit one of the rooms that were robbed if possible. See if there's any evidence there...if not, I'll figure something out."
Aelia Aeldyne Aelia Aeldyne Deathkitten Deathkitten

SoulFlare

Hearing his pained hiss gave a certain amount of satisfaction to the skeletal woman, the fire flaring a bit larger. "It's supposed to hurt. The flames of damnation aren't kind." She ground her heel into the small of his back a bit as he spoke. "Your flattery won't help you. Your going to suffer what you deserve all the same." His head swiveling like an owl would likely have unnerved Natalie to a certain degree, but she wasn't here right now...then again, neither was Agas really. It was just SoulFlare. And the skeletal figure knew, deep down, he was playing still, and that only served to earn her ire further. SoulFlares attention jumped to Epherial, empty eye sockets on him. "Dumbass." Was all she managed to get out before Finis sent her back in a tumble from his blast of energy and super-strength stand up. Despite the rough tumble, she seemed perfectly fine and unbothered, standing up with no issue.

She wasn't aware of anything at first, not until Finis made it clear he had just slowed time for them. Ah, lovely, at least the others wouldn't be getting involved now. Save for maybe for the Demon General, there was no helping that. "I'm afraid if anyone's going to claim his life, it will have to be me. You, speedster. If you don't plan on dying, I'd suggest staying out of the way." The little idiot was certainly good at drawing attention and pulling 'aggro'...but without his speed, he was just asking to be killed. Luckily, it seemed like he understood the situation because he started to skate away. But as opposed to being a flashing blink like before, he was moving at a normal persons speed. "I won a question, so I'll ask it. What is the goal of the Occard Alliance?" As she spoke the chain slinked off her forearm to hang low, the large hooked portion of the chair nearly kissing the ground. Snapping it out at her side the chain completely unwrapped from her arm, only for the entire thing to stiffen up into a solid line, effectively becoming a one-handed quarterstaff. And as if to add insult to injury it lit up in a sickening display of hellfire, ensuring each strike would burn like it should. In her other hand she held it up as if gripping someone, only for hellfire to blaze up in the form of an uncocked sawn off shotgun, and quickly solidified. Flicking her wrist up a bit the oh so iconic 'ch-chk' could be heard as it was prepped, firing a field of hellfire pellets at Finis.
Deathkitten Deathkitten Kyrenka Kyrenka Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

Last edited:
at this mazok stepped between them. "ok.. ok... let's just calm down, trident.. put the sword on the ground, it's clearly a trigger item.. put it down and take some deep breaths or whatever relaxes you. thomas.. continue treating the child.." his eyes lock on the said child. "let's put the wings away.. and not panic.. panicking only makes the situation worse." he held his hands up between them. "for now.. let's just take a minute to chill the fuck out.." he kept a tone that implied peace and trying to defuse this.

Deathkitten Deathkitten Aelia Aeldyne Aelia Aeldyne ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

31d6ef6d50e2abc2efc91117982f0bc2.jpg
Yami
Interaction: Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

Yami let out a little squeal of delight when Ruru helped her up. Giggling happily as she squirmed her way onto Ruru's shoulders. She smiled excitedly as she wrapped her lower arms around Ruru's neck to hold on and the others she gently draped other Ruru's head with a few babbles of delight as she looked around from the high point of view. They went in to the bakery once more and she watched the man Ruru yelled at curiously before they where outside again to go on a walk. She looked down over Ruru's head when she heard her talk again. Smiling down at Ruru with another happy babble to her just as she had predicted. Her big smile though turned into a pout when she saw Ruru pull out a pack of cigarette's. She let out a few defiant squirms as she watched Ruru light it before openly babbling at her. Leaning forward she waved a hand at the black cigarette clearly not wanting Ruru to smoke it. She continued to wave her hand as she babbled and groaned at it as she tried to hit it away with one hand while covering her mouth with the other.​

Mike Dorman / Lara Watson - Beverly Hilton

He led the two of them to the security room, where one of his colleagues was waiting, with a few monitors ready to play the previous day's events' recordings. She spoke up, with a dismayed voice.

"Ah, good afternoon. Here on those screens you can see the tapes for yesterday, and on the table there, the customer's complaints after the thefts. They all retracted their complaints, but we kept the papers anyway because it seemed strange. Other than that... We haven't caught anything specific on camera the days the thefts were reported, I'm sorry..."

Mike spoke up, his voice conciliating.

"Don't worry Lara, that's why Mr. Detective and his partner are here today. Just double-check to make sure you didn't miss anything."

He then turned to Adam, gesturing around as he explained.

"As per hotel policy, I can't really let you inside a customer's room unless the customer gives their consent. But if you wish so - and I somehow guess you do - I can send them a message to ask them. And if you have any questions, I am of course at your disposal."

Zaphkiel - Streets

"Ah... Yes please... if it isn't too much of a bother for you. Otherwise... I'll just keep searching. I don't want to be a burden..."

I wanted to just snuggle against her, to absorb all of her warmth, but there was so much... She felt like a burning star, unable to ever be quenched. I tilted my head, enticed at the prospect of maybe being able to pay the coin, and... also spend a little more time with that woman. I liked her warmth. Suddenly, I felt myself ask quizzically.

"Where do I have to go to find them ?"

Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving (sorry for the short post, nothing much to say here)

Henry - Magic house

"Yeah no the skeletons are fake. As I said they're a structural part of the room. They're basically just skeleton-shaped sculptures, and not even I can remove them, not with the way I copied this area. I'd have to restart from scratch, and I really don't want to bother."

The rest of her sentence had me dumbstruck for a few seconds. A sleepover here ? Well uh that was going to be a problem since there was only one bedroom and I'm the one using it. And then she spoke of wanting to meet the golden circle, and then I clammed up like an oyster. Nope. Not happening ever. Not as long as I would have a say in it.

"Sleepovers here are a no, sadly. There's only one bedroom, and it also serves as my main office and workplace, too dangerous. And I'm not letting you meet the golden circle, and I won't let you as long as I can. Which will be a very long time. That is not negotiable, in any way, ever."

That brought down my mood quite a bit, to be honest. But it was just really not a good choice to do so. Even if they wouldn't take direct action to harm her, being in their presence unless you were me or something similar to them was just too dangerous. Not happening.

Deathkitten Deathkitten

~Anne Beaufort~
1596067517715.png Anne bit her lip. His powers destroyed him? That wasn't ominous or anything. The doctor decided to be truthful though, and replied, "Yes, they showed up. In my van he was so worried about you that these..." Anne mimed the image of a box before continuing, "Medkits? Uh, first aid kits? Appeared. All over my van actually." She hesitated, wondering if she really should mention the farm or not. She should know just how powerful Louie's gotten though. Before something happened again. "I think...that he also created the farm." Swallowing, Anne added, "It was incredible. It was just like a video game and when I somehow brought up the pause menu I paused everything. The farm, the creatures, and even my daughter." There was a slight hiccup when she said 'daughter' but it was barely noticeable. She actually hadn't really needed to explain her relationship with Aia a lot. Most people just assumed that they belonged together and didn't even bother to acknowledge them. A rare few would ask and Anne figured mother and daughter best described their relationship. Hearing the words come out of her mouth though solidified it a bit.

((Interacting with Deathkitten Deathkitten 's Vera | Mentioned Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving 's Aia and Deathkitten Deathkitten 's Louie))

Xasura Mi'Kael

They were nearby. The Occard Alliance was nearby. They were nearby, hurting people, and he was sitting here with a very pleasant young lady, her mother, and Shade, who apparently had the right idea about what he was planning to do. He was here while the person who potentially took his parents away from him - and the parents of so many other children like him, was out and about and causing more pain and more sorrow. Xasura was sitting in an alley with his tail between his legs while people were getting hurt, but he wasn't going to be for long. So he did what he thought would be right, and to hell with the consequences. Without making the screen visible to Ms. Jenny or the rest, Xasura sent another message to his Wizard friend, snapped his phone shut, then took a long, slow, and deep breath....

Before suddenly zipping upward with so much force that his shoes had slipped right off of his feet. The strand of spider-silk that he had used to snap himself up into the air hung from the lip of the orphanage's rooftop before his body zipped off once more. Shade could try to catch him, but Xasura wasn't about to let Spooks McGee get in his way. Instead, by the time he had snapped out his hand to launch another rope of silk, he was already tearing his jacket off and using his free hand to dig into his bag. Another tug, and he would be gone from their view overhead. Pants were gone as the bag on his back dangled from his maw, and almost as soon as the pants were off, the tights and boots of his disguise replaced them. Another yank in a random direction freed his hands so he could yank out the top and pull it on, and once more - which he used all he could muster, slung him high into the air so he could pull on his gloves and his mask.

His next target was a beeline towards the park, but the problem was that it would've been too obvious if he wanted to shake who he knew was about to give chase, but staying in the shadows wasn't an option. If he remembered correctly, Shade was only moving from one dark area to another on the Queen Mary, and even if it was only just to make his movement easier, it wasn't far fetched to assume that his best course of action was to stay in the daylight.

He was going to make the Occard Alliance grunt pay - no matter how high up on the ladder they were, and even if he wanted to believe that anyone could be talked down....

Xasura didn't consider the OA as People.

little boy.pngLouie and Vera
"H-hey! Pushing in line is bad, miss friend lady!" he squeaked, blushing as they reached the front of the line. He frowned a little and looked up at the man, "Sorry... Um... She's excited and happy about food. Can I please have lots and lots of nuggets?" Louie offered over the money, got a few cents in change, and pulled on Aia's arm to move them to the side.

"We have to wait now," he explained, "Our food will be done soon. For now, though, do you talk? Or have you not learned yet? It's kinda hard at first but momma taught me really good. Maybe I can teach you a word!" He bounced happily at the thought, little hand going and pointing to his mouth, "Okay! Say momma. Moh-mah. That's what that lady back there is to you, right? Your momma? Try to say it, and then if you call her it out loud, it'll make her super happy! Momma. Momma. Momma. Momma. Momma. Mommas are somebody that loves you very much and takes care of you!"

Vera's eyes dropped to her lap at the news.

"That... oh... that was all him... huh? He's gonna be stronger than his father, then," she said, all life having left her sad eyes in an instant, "I guess that means he'll need to be tested again... maybe have his school changed to a powered one... His father would be so proud..."

She teared up, letting loose a little worried laugh, "I think I knew. I just didn't want to believe it, you know? What if... what if he gets taken away? Or someone tries to hurt him? Or if his abilities hurt others? I... I don't have powers... I don't know how to handle... I don't know how to raise someone that does."

Kyrenka Kyrenka Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving

Last edited:
oracle girl 2.jpgChrysie
She pouted just a little at his denial, but NAY! SHE WOULD NOT BE DETERED!

Chrysie gave him a big smile, "Oh nonsense! I don't need a bed to sleep on! If I was gonna have a sleepover at my Uncle's house I could just sleep on the couch! Or heck, even the floor would be good enough for me! As for the Golden Circle - that's a cool name! Are they your friends? What are they like?" She'd just have to sneak in or something when he wasn't expecting it~ She would NOT be left out of cool hero stuff, and if he was worried about her safety, well, that was sweet, but he had no idea what she could do. She'd been training her whole life. Its what was expected of her. And if she wanted to save as many people as she could, well... then she had to get stronger, and step over anything or anyone in her way. This Golden Circle was a clear stepping stone in her eyes. If they and the Golden Man were how he got so strong he could make his own house like this... then she had a new goal. One of many.

No, she wouldn't stop there. She'd get stronger and stronger until she could be even as strong as the Golden Man himself! Maybe one day, she could be like a god that helps people!

She dipped her head out of the clouds a little with a small laugh, "Anyway, Uncle. What now?"

Aelia Aeldyne Aelia Aeldyne

Alexander/ The Grim Fucking kids...

He should have seen it coming. He should have known the kid would do something stupid like this. Well he had, but he had also hoped he'd listen to common sense. Alas, it seems Xasura had gone peanut brain. No sooner had the boy shot off did he start moving, rushing down the alleyway. "Angela! Take your mother into the church and wait there for me, I'll be back!" The kid was angry, he could understand that, very well in fact. But he stood no chance against the OA, and all he'd serve to do is become a stain in the park. Besides that...if he died, he'd have no way to speak to his wife again unless his wizard friend pulled through. There were all these reasons and more that he couldn't let this kid become a martyr, let alone a splotch on the ground.

He took one more running step forward and simply dropped into the ground, a stain of black on the ground that shot up a wall and after the young vigilante. He was going to the park, he had to stop him before he got there. Little idiot was quick though, he had to give him that. And being seen or not, there was too much on the line right now! The Grim was dead, if he was seen he'd just be assumed as some imitator or something stupid like that. The stain on the ground shot down a building wall, an ever-present pursuer behind WolfSpider. Unfortunately, where he had to have something to swing on and had to follow a path, he simply didn't have too. He could go through or around whatever he had too, a direct shot that couldn't be stopped.

Gaining ground on the child a rope of black shot out of the stain towards the young vigilante, much like his own webs. If it successfully made contact, it'd quickly spread to swallow him whole and deposit him inside of the odd little nothingness that was Alexander. If that failed, however, it would simply keep trying, to the point it would just become a barrage of lines and pillars shooting out of the pursuing shadow in an effort to grab the wolf. This of course, would more than likely cause a great deal of fright among bystanders but...he didn't really care. He wanted to die a martyr, fine. He wanted to go on and fight the good fight against the OA, fine. But he was his only chance right now of getting his wife help, and when he was so close to getting his family back, he wasn't going to let this kids impulsive anger stop that. He could hate him if he wanted, he was used to that, but he couldn't die yet!
Osuka Osuka Deathkitten Deathkitten

Detective Marshall

The detective gave a nod, eyes studying the security cameras for a moment before drifting to the customer complaints. Where was he best put to use here? He doubted he'd be able to get much insight through the complaints, but it was worth a shot. Sylvia would be a better fit for the cameras, she may see something he wouldn't. "Thank you, Mister Dorman, Miss Watson. I'm going to start looking through the complaints, Sylvia will you review the footage for us?"

He made his way towards the complaint paper, starting to sort through them. "I'd appreciate it if you could ask the guests, yea. I won't be long in their rooms, I just have to look around and do a quick search if possible. I do have a question, while I think about it. How often were the thefts? Once a day, once every two days? How many complaints did you receive exactly."
Aelia Aeldyne Aelia Aeldyne Deathkitten Deathkitten

Sherm and Rita

5688-261185078.png fuck fuck fuck fuck. Sherm had fucked up big time. He had to have at least the second worse luck in the city right now. Still he couldn't keep hiding. taking a deep breath he stood up and walked out of his hiding place arms in the air. "hello.... I believe your on property....I uhh bought it a few days ago." he said defeated as he had begun sweating some. "I uhh. I have a weapon on me.... im mostly telling you for my own safety. My experiences yesterday have taught me I'm pretty much screwed. " he said defeated. His breath was heavy and it hurt to even lift his arm with yesterdays injuries. Rita was currently on defense mode. "I got him miss havoc!" she said lifting sherm up restraining him. "what she would do with him boss. He saw us?" she asked wondering as she kept Sherm up with ease. She didnt like sherm. for the first part. He was annoying yesterday. One of those so called humanitarians. Probably all lies and just does as many crimes as others, but nope because he donates to chairty nobody cares. gulping rita turned to havoc "......should we kill him?" she asked worried a bit. She didn't know what to do. She was just as scared as sherm was really.

SHARD

Shard sighed as he simply dropped its bow letting it float midair within the stopped time. "honestly. he is so troublesome. Sometimes i wonder why I even thralled him." he complained allowed. "Skull fucker. I Shall handle the others. feel free to ignore my thrall. I wish he could die as easily as this man believes. It would remove a thorn in my side." without hesitation he pulled Grunes spear from his hand. watching as it burned his flesh. "so it shall still burn even in slowed time. It is of no concern to me." ignoring the smoke rising from his hand he walked to sciles and sung at her left ankle. Slit. a sharp wet noise was made as the spear cut though the tendon of her left ankle. He then walked around and slit her right ankle. "that is her movement done, i guess the holy will keep her from naturally healing for a while. now the arms, should i cut both or just the top parts. With this idiot better safe then annoyed." and again he began cutting the tendons of her arms. even the wrist tendons. "that should i-....." to make sure, he cut the tendons in her legs as well, not just the ones by her ankles. "im not well versed in the manner of how she manipulates her arms. But shes a big girl, shell live through this." and grabbing the spear with both hands and spinning it around to the blade pointing to the ground. he winded his arms back and slammed the spear straight into her spin, right between the shoulder blades. Leaving the spear in he then looked at grune and sighed. backing up some and running tackling him to knock the large suit of armor down, it barely worked as shard fell flat on his ass. "fucking stupid suit of armor..." he complained.

Epherial calmly skated away with a smile on his face still, he was about the speed of a normal skater but he wasn't really worried, After all he had a few tricks up his sleeves. In his hands he now held a red glowing gem. a shard of shards blood. Or as epherial called it, a shard shard. This spell had to have a space limit. it couldn't have slowed down all of time. All epherial did was have to get there. if it operated with finis at the center. Then if epherial got far away enough they'd have a few seconds to be prepared. "This is just like that time I met mr. Norris. well come on man! show me what your made of. Your facing epherial king of the disco rink!" just to anger Finis more he began dancing while he skated. People like him were so easy to anger. And for that reason Epherial kept messing around. The more angry finis got. the greater the chance the skull lady could surprise him and land a killing blow. Now to hope the skull lady realizes that was why he was doing it

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Deathkitten Deathkitten Kyrenka Kyrenka

Henry - Magic House

If talking was not enough to deter her, then perhaps a more direct approach would do the trick. A challenge maybe, something that would make her understand the full scale of my power, and make her understand that it was still only one-twelfth of the Golden Man's own. A duel, a mock fight to display the magnitude of my abilities. THAT, I thought a little bit uncharitably, would calm her down.

I teleported myself to my bedroom, time to grab one of the golden cloaks that were more or less my unofficial uniform, and back to the great hall as the fabric had yet to settle on my shoulders - then into the basement, in that area devoid of anything, that I mostly used as a test field.

In function, it was an inert demiplane, that could not react in any way and was nigh-indestructible. In appearance, it was a bright grey-white, spreading out without limits, the floor having the texture and resonance of polished wood.

I turned towards Chrysie, my face serious. I looked at her in the eye, while drawing a spell in the air.

"Now," I said sternly, "we fight. This is a mock duel, meant only to show you that you do not apprehend correctly the power levels of the Golden Circle. As a handicap, I will use only one of my abilities, chosen by you. To win, you must make me use another ability than the one I started with. I win if I knock you out or if you give up. Sounds fair ?"

Between us, the spell activated. Displaying a wheel, the sections showed, respectively a star, a tentacle, a bone, a sword and a swirl of dust. Whichever she picked, the floor would automatically turn red if I used any of the others, thus proving my loss. Didn't mean I would pull punches either. She had to learn.

"Star magic, eldritch magic, bone manipulation, metal manipulation, dust manipulation. Pick your poison. By the way, this place is called Ground Zero. It has tanked far worse than what I will show today, and it is completely safe. Feel free to go all-out."

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Last edited:
oracle girl 2.jpgOracle
Oooooh! This was gonna be so much fun! She grinned even bigger, "Really? We're gonna get to spar? That's so awesome! Thank you for the opportunity, Uncle!" Oracle, now being serious about things, started to take into consideration her options.

"Alright... so... Star magic, eldritch magic, bone manipulation, metal manipulation, or dust manipulation. Dust and bone are straight out. I know you'd take me out in two seconds with either of those, and I'd like to stand at least a tiny bit of a chance. Star probably isn't a good choice since that's our family's thing, you probably know all the stuff they train - though I don't know how much it's changed in ten years. That leaves eldritch or metal. Eldritch sounds like more fun, but metal sounds like a safer choice... hmm," she crossed her arms, one hand against her lips in contemplation.

Metal... She didn't have anything metal on her... but... ah, wait. She did. Her phone. Maybe some metal in her clothes? Hmm... Eldritch was a risky pick, but he wouldn't want to harm her seriously - especially not mentally. That meant he'd be more limited in his choices.

"I pick eldritch then," she stated, giving her uncle another smile, "If I win, can I meet some of your Golden Circle friends?" No, she wasn't going to drop it. It was too exciting and had too much potential to it. Plus... she is a teen. Him saying no made her want to more. Though, even if he said no, she'd still be all for the match. Buuuuut, since the point was teaching her how weak she was or whatever, she had high hopes.

She flicked her wrists, and her little rings returned with a flash of light to float around her waist, "Sorry! Gonna have to pause on mowing the lawn for a second, I think." Eldritch would be harder to predict his movements with, but she didn't inherit her grandmother's name for nothing! In a straight-out fight against her uncle, she knew she would lose. No questions, she'd lose. One fifth or less of his power while he's handicapped by the means of the challenge, and where all she needs to do is get him to use something else? That, she actually had a chance in!

Her eyes glowed like little nebulae, a spitting image of his mother, her grandmother. To her, the scene changed, looked like a blur of possible would-be movements with a texture like a watercolor painting. She spread her feet, put her little fists in front of herself for defense, and let herself float a centimeter off the ground. The biggest thing would be to dodge, at least at first.

"Ready!"

Aelia Aeldyne Aelia Aeldyne

alexander daughter.pngAngela and Jenny
T-take momma to the church? What? She froze as she watched the two of them race off. Was Xasura really gonna try and do something so dumb? Jenny frowned as she watched the little boy race off, mostly out of concern for him, but... also because she knew it would go back to being a haze. She reached for him, grasping at nothing before she let her hand drop to her side.

They were out of sight like two bullets, and the two of them were left standing there wondering what to do.

Angela... well... she started to panic, being alone again. Her right hand clutched at the fabric of her chest as she tried to avoid her breathing going crazy. No one was going to hurt them. They were fine. They just needed to go to the church. They weren't going to get grabbed again. Even if poppa wasn't here right now... She needed to get momma into the church and wait for him as he told them to.

Her vision felt... weird.

Was she hyperventilating?

Everything felt tingly.

Her head hurt.

She looked at her mom, but she was still staring off in the direction they left in. She felt like her vision was going dark, like she was being slowly surrounded, drowning. She shut her eyes tight and tried to take in a breath. Nothing. Nothing. Nothing! Was she actually drowning?! Panic overtook her as she gripped her throat. Her eyes opened, but there was nothing but darkness around her. She could feel around her, but... this wasn't one of her normal senses. It didn't even feel like she had a mouth to take in air.

Angela curled up in this space of nothingness, knees hugged against her chest. This is sort of like poppa's traveling... she thought, but the idea refused to give her comfort.

Perhaps her father could feel her since this strange place was now one they shared, but she certainly couldn't feel him. No, it was far too alien for her to make out much of anything.

Jenny stared instead now at the black splotch her daughter had left on the floor, which slowly faded away. That... wasn't good. She couldn't do anything, though. She couldn't make her body do anything. So she just... stood there, waiting.

Osuka Osuka ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles (( Aelia Aeldyne Aelia Aeldyne Jenny's alone now if you want cute noodle to join in))

1596193938106.pngOA Member - Finis
"Could you PLEASE let me take off JUST ONE LEG of this FUCKING SIMPLETON?" he shouted, stumbling forward as the shotgun blast hit him. Finis turned, ignoring the others now. Fine. The boy could run away and be stupid somewhere else. Just a child getting into an adult game. His wounds visibly healed as he gazed at the spear the woman made. Mm. Smart of her.

"Fine. Fine! Your question first then, if you must be so rude about it. Our goal is a simple one," he stated, opening his arms to the side, "End this pathetic game. Powered, non-powered, the fact those peons think they have the right to say what those who are like gods compared to them get to do. Villain and Superhero alike - I don't care. We actually prefer the Superheroes, believe it or not, but dark things must be done for a brighter future. We are changing the status quo. We are forging a new world where lesser beings will fall. Step by step. Ten years ago, that was only the beginning. We have so much yet to do!"

He laughed, a maniacal cackle with a grin on his face, "We just need a little more power stored. In two months' time, you shall see. Oh, how I would love to tell you of it all and watch you flounder, alas, I am not allowed to. Other heroes may cause a problem with our plans if too much gets leaked out too soon. Now then. I must ask, are you two trying to kill me, or are we just having a pillow fight?"

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon Kyrenka Kyrenka

Last edited:
sylviahero.pngSilver Sylvia
"Oh, please, call me Silver Sylvia. No Mrs or other formalities necessary," she said, smiling as she sat down next to Lara, "Of course I wouldn't mind looking through the recordings. I love this sort of stuff. It's like people-watching. Don't you think, Lara? You must get to see such odd things day-to-day. People can be so silly when they think no one's watching. Silly, creepy, even downright weird."

"How about you show me first the event yesterday that led to the damages? If I start with that, perhaps I can try to pick out commonalities between people that were there and that were in other areas during the thefts," she explained as she crossed one leg over the other. She had her phone out to take notes, going for a more modern approach than her cutie of a husband.

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Aelia Aeldyne Aelia Aeldyne

Users who are viewing this thread

Back