• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Rurulian

Ruru had begun her morning at 5 AM. A single hour before shard usually awoke. From waking up the very first thing she does is eat an energy bar and begin excersice. She instantly began with pushups. 200 with each arm, and 200 with her tail. After that 300 pull ups while under the affect of gravity magic. This had been her daily training for around 500 years. She did this only to maintain her form. As she was more of a technique then strength fighter anyway. As shard woke up and prepared breakfast she took a quick shower and applied her disguise magic. Stretching as she took her breakfast she sat in the still closed cafe to eat it. "I'm going out" he said as she finished and put her plate in the sink. She left the cafe from the back entrance and got on her back. A decent mountain bike which unceremoniously had a unicorn horn welded on to the center of the handle bar. She unlocked it and got on. Biking around the city was an enjoyable pastime for her. So quickly she went off throughout the city.

It had been an hour or two when she noticed a strange glittering bug in the street. She had never seen anything like it before. And unconsciously stared at it. "....what is that?" She mumbled as she slowed down watching it.

Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving

46D742B8-2E1C-4D42-B9AD-B3FB1E6E74FC.jpeg
Yami
Interaction Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

The crystal Butterfly has landed for a break when the woman came along. It sat still till she came closer before it took off. It’s wings flapping quickly as it fluttered towards her. Landing on the unicorn horn on her bike it took a few moments to rest. It’s beautiful wings gently opening and closing before it took off again. Graceful in the way it flew as it circled the woman’s head a few times before it started fluttering down the street she had been riding on, turning down an alley not that far head of her. It was a few moments before it fluttered back into view and circled in front of the alleyway. Beckoning her to follow after it.​

jupiter.pngJupiter
Jupiter didn't have a great night's sleep. It was hard to lay down after a failure like that... though to be honest, it was to be expected with a crazy villain. They managed to avoid any deaths though, which with a psycho villain, that was a small win. It didn't help the hit to the ego, though. She was going to do some research before she went out again. It was silly of her to bound back into things, and not even consider that the villains would all be different. She could only imagine how Caesar was dealing with it... he had a problem with any sort of failure. She'd have to visit him later, maybe after a few days of letting him cool off.

Her thoughts were rudely interrupted by a fucking grinning shadow demon thing popping down out of her ceiling. He started saying something, but she didn't understand it as she was already in a leap off the side of her bed. Palm out, left hand bracing her right arm. In a practiced motion, she stabbed her left pointer finger into her palm and dragged backward. The wincing from the pain didn't stop her from keeping her eyes on him. Blood ran down her palm, down her arm to her elbow in a thin river.

With what sounded like her speaking backward, she started a spell, a huge ball of red energy growing at the site of her cut. In five long seconds, it would blast at his location. If it missed, it still singed the ceiling and made a very loud noise.

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

Henry - Keaton Household

"No it's not in space and yeah it's still there. I've put enough wards around to repel a whole regiment of pissed off marines, and enough shields to deflect my own full power. It isn't within the crater's radius anyway, so it's fine."

I got up and followed her through the door, smiling a little at her excitement. From what she was saying, Rose was already busy and it wasn't even past nine and a half. Aight. Better not worry her - I closed my eyes three seconds, making sure there was nothing in my way as I kept walking any damn way, and sent my sister a quick telepathic message; "Going out with Chrysanthia, checking my place and the surroundings, be back later." In the same motion, I picked another apple and bit it away chunk by chunk, tossing the core into the bin as I walked past it. Smiling half-heartedly at Rosemary, I walked past her as she was dealing with one of the cousins having fucked up - as expected.

"Yeah... You can always count on the cousins to do supid shit, and in turn they count on us to do weird stuff. Or at least that's how it worked ten years ago."

Didn't go further, but I wasn't sure if it would still go this way, considering most of either us or them were gone. I got out of the house and stretched my arms, sighing as Chrysanthia kept flitting around like a bird on coke.

"Weird maybe, cool I don't think so. It's quite antique-looking, honestly."

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Hayato Yaminen - EMIYA residence // Streets of Los Angeles

The battle under the airport hadn't gone smoothly. The corridors were narrow, the place was stinking of dampness and the air was vitiated like a ghoul's breath. The attackers were numerous, well-organized and well-equipped. Most of them had assault weapons and explosives, some even had minor powers. And they didn't stop coming, and they didn't stop coming... Hiding behind a pillar, avoiding crossfire, shielding myself against the grenades, returning fire, rinse and repeat ad libitum for a good hundred meters of underground. Then I had arrived at the luggage sorting area, and it had turned into a fucking mess. There was one guy with explosive rounds, and I thought he might actually do me in when he emptied into a support beam and an entire ceiling section threatened to fall down on me. I barely had time to put a shield between me and the falling concrete, but that gave time to the fuckers to surround the rubble - so I chose the natural course of option, sacrifice the two goons that Mazok had given me. He'd made them grow, so they were expendable, and hell's bells did I need a meatshield at that moment. All that to say, I blasted out an explosive arrow and then I jumped into melee.

Fucking bloodbath it was. Flesh torn from flesh, blood spilt from the veins, brains scattered from the skulls, bones shattered from the limbs. Rip and tear, until it is done. Rip and fucking tear... tear them down one by one from head to toe, till remains nothing but shadows and dust... Nothing left, Hayato, only shadows and dust. In the end, there wasn't even dust left, no ash nor bones, no flesh nor blood, not even a thread of muscle fiber - all that was left was carnage, a messy killground of splattered cells across a cement floor, uniforms shredded by the unforgiving blade, the inevitability of friendly fire, or the sheer lethal power of superhuman strength. Death lingered in the air as a perceptible smell as I cut them down, mowed them down, mashed them down into a sickening puddle of entrails.

It was all in the dark. There was no light down there, no light in hell for warriors, only the signs urging sanity to escape while it was still time. I don't really remember, honestly. There was a lot of red on the windshield, a lot of death and gore and very little consciousness. Only one word, I recalled for sure. KILL. Kill them all, eliminate the threat and survive. No quarter be given, no mercy for the wicked, no repentance in this life nor forgiveness in the next, no vengeance for the murderers. It was a bloody harrow of corpses and a deathly reaping of souls. Forty fell to the bow and thirty to the sword, twenty to the teeth and the fist alike; maybe just as many to their own comrades, torn down without any other sounds than screams and gunfire as bullets devoured their bodies whole and left mere carcasses behind, flying forth like valkyries of chrome sending warriors to hell or valhalla.

I only came back to my senses when a SWAT team blasted through the back door of the underground network of the airport, and I met them face to face. That close, and I'd have killed them too - thankfully the intrusion charge on the door blasted me back enough to knock some superior reasoning into my brain. In the end, I went with them and scoured the lower levels of any enemy presence; SWAT operatives are like a plague, or a tide of locusts, once they enter they're not getting out unless they want or you apply unreasonable amounts of overwhelming force. And those were no different. Room by room, alleyway by alleyway, elevator by elevator, they scanned, they gunned, they seized, any trace any foe any way out. They took over the bottom floors like child's play, and to be entirely honest I was quite amazed. There were three words that I would have written on them if I could have - professionalism, efficiency and mercilessness. They would come, they would see and they would vanquish, not even needing a Caesar to be their strategist.

When we finally caught up with Mazok, he had defeated their leader - the Warhound, a famous overseas mercenary. What the fuck he was doing here, I doubt we'll ever damn know, but from what I heard he died like a warrior, mano-a-mano against a thing thrice as big as he was. From what we heard from those Mazok had captured, the terrorists had reinforcements coming from a submarine, but it seemed like it had withdrawn far into the bay, and considering that an attack from the sea hadn't been anticipated, it would take a day at best to get the material up and running, so I just reported to Whittaker and Brian and went back home. I heard the cops talking about sending that Mad Max Major from the military base to help and deal with the submarine, on my way back. Well then. With Mazok and that soldier, they're done for no doubt.

Once home, I did a quick refuel of magic, considering I had cast quite a few spells today - mostly shields, but also a couple rituals to deal with pests at the forefront of the airport. Took me the rest of the morning, and the first half of the afternoon - in the second half I didn't do anything specific, mostly cleaning up my equipment, sorting out research notes, keeping vital facilities up and running, and considering maybe paying a visit to Caesar's grave in the evening -

Talking about the evening, the news completely squashed that line of thought. A major supervillain had attacked a bank in downtown, and from the crater, three famous superheroes had been found revived. Jupiter, California Warlock and... /

/ <System failure>

It was past 2am, the TV was still up and running, and I was on my sofa, sprawled senselessly across the piece of furniture like a dead octopus on the beach in summer. I had nearly Level Sixed suddenly as I saw that Caesar was among the ones that had been somehow revived at the center of the crater. All three of them had disappeared ten years ago, dead and gone and the orison said. Then why... Why in seven godsdamned fucking hells had they returned, why here, why them, why now ? It just didn't make sense. The only option I could fathom was a coming threat, or that they weren't themselves. I had to check. I decided to try and get some sleep, and check the TV's website in the morning, just to confirm if it was true.

I did not sleep well. I reminisced all the nightmares, all of the fear and the anguish flowing back like a darkening tide over my mind, and I knew I wouldn't stay still that night. The bed was all fucked up when I awoke, the sheets folded irregularly, arranged by a motive of imaginary dread and angst that had drawn shambling, shuffling patterns across the fabric. I woke up in sweat and bad feelings, and it was with a knot to the gut that I drove to the Aphera household, parking my bike in front of the estate.

Distress bike.jpg

I got down and walked past the gate, approaching the door with an unsteady pace till I reached the doorbell, pressing it hesitantly. When someone came to open and let me in, I haphazardly stepped inside, and with a low, hushed voice, asked

"Is Caesar in here ?"

Deathkitten Deathkitten Osuka Osuka

Last edited:
Morgan Adler, Intellectualis est

A small smile touched her lips at hearing his accent before it quickly slipped away. She rolled the lollipop around in her mouth in thought. "No no, you're job is much more than to look appealing. If things go terribly wrong, I still request you to help us get out as unscathed as possible." She paused for a moment, pulling out the inconspicuous little red flip phone. To many, it'd look like some retro device that was out of an era...though between Dietrich and her, they both knew far better on what the little piece of equipment could do. "No need to get dressed now. We have to pick up flowers, specifically yellow and orange, and weave it into a crown. The funeral won't be held for a while, and we'll arrive on time, of this I am certain...Dietrich, a question if I may."

She closed the device in her palm, glancing over at him. "We both saw the news report earlier this morning. Three pro heroes have returned from death. This isn't necessarily unheard of, beings coming back from death itself...but after ten years? Near the anniversary of when LA was rocked by the terrorist attack...I don't like it. There's too many variables to parse right now...what is your opinion on the situation? We're going to avoid them like they have the plague of course but it doesn't help to consider it. I'm going to inform Gamma to do some digging on the hero's capabilities and lives...and perhaps the new friends we make today will have some insight on them as well." She spun around in her chair, resting her head on top of her hands, cool gray eyes studying him. "So...any divine wisdom to dispense, my friend?"
Kyrenka Kyrenka

Natalie Brenton (Soulflare)

A small smile tugged at the edge of her lips as she leveled her fork with him. "It's cute how you think I'm not going to teach you how to shoot a gun. If I have it my way, you'll be able to defend yourself, keep others safe, and not get stuck in a headlock." She finished the rest of her plate, raising an eyebrow at his question. "Anyone like me? You mean someone paired with a spirit?... Mmm, nope. From how Agas explained it when we struck ou deal, Spirits of Vengeance and their hosts are on a universal team, so to speak. I don't know about demonic counterparts, Agas is already pretty scary as she is. But I haven't run into any other hosts...there have been others though. Apparently people like me have been around for a long, long time. I'm just the latest in history I suppose."

She paused, trying to find the best way to word the rest. "She comes from Heaven, quite literally...and yes, I know how ironic it is when we consider her attacks to be 'hellfire'. Her line of work is her very existence. She lives to bring pain to those who deserve it, have them face their deserved penance. It's in the name...she brings vengeance. Frankly, she likes her job a little too much if you ask me." She stood up from the table, making a 'come on' motion. "Alright, back to the room. We're going to see what you can do."
Deathkitten Deathkitten

Shade

A soft sigh escaped him internally...she was doing something. She was speaking backwards...she was making a ball of energy. Oh, wonderful, she was going to attack him. It was an odd mixture of amusing and irritating to him, all he did was ask for help! As the ball of energy prepared to slam into him his body flared out, wrapping around it and consuming it, not a sound escaping him as the ball simply disappeared inside his form. "How rude, Jupiter...I come here seeking aid, and you attack me. If I wanted to fight, don't you think I would have stabbed you through your bed? Or perhaps appeared right above it to shove a spike through your midsection to impale you? No, I did neither of those things. I can't have you making a ruckus, because then things become a lot harder...will you hear me out, or are you going to make another pointless attempt on my life?"

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Rampagin' Razka - LA Outskirts

Sun high. Leather coat flapping in the wind. Shades and cigar both alit, each with their own light. And the bike... Two and a half tons of black roaring steel, engaged in what was one third death run at terminal velocity, one third horizontal freefall accompanied by a gravity that had been rendered mostly optional by the rider's madness, and one third crash course into the highwayground, the friction from the ever-spinning wheels of steely armageddon screeching at the tarmac with the unbridled fury of three thousand horsepowers being the only thing actually keeping the indistinct mass of steel - that by all rights should have disintegrated from its sheer condition - from committing final impact with the ground...

The bike was speeding forth like a starved wolf berzerking down on an unsuspecting prey, approaching the tollgate at over 200mph, portended by the revulsing sound of tortured steel shredding itself and melting down under itself while holding itself whole altogether in a gargantuan effort that by any means was unsuspectable from an inanimate material, heralded by the horrid smell of burned evaporating oil scattering itself in the air, expelled by monstrous orifices that had more in common with an hellhound's maw than honest-to-god tailpipes, spewed out as igneous, hideous black sludge, slung into the air in a state of fiery decomposition, a sickening mixture of combusting petroleum and disintegrating motor oil, powering through its sacrifice the ever-hungering engine of this eldritch motorcycle.

And the tires... Part magmatized rubber, the vulcanized caoutchouc having molten down to the atomic level, releasing its poisonous sulfur vapors into the atmosphere under the form of a nauseating yellow cloud grasping at the untainted air like a madman's hand dragged down to hell - part incendiary steel, heated so hot that the entire axles were red and sludgy while the wheels themselves were so white that the sun would take ombrage, the metal tearing at the roadway beneath with a sound reminiscent of a meteor's heat wave spreading across a populated city - part hellishly ripped off and torn to ignition tarmac, spinning across the unfathomable mechanic like maddened apocalyptic snakes, leaving behind the so-called vehicle a trail of shattered roadway and otherworldly-looking scraps of incandescent material.

The rider of this abomination was not fazed in the slightest by the state of their ride, comfortably sheltered by the writhing mass of creaking and bending steel and the disharmonious screams surging from its presence. Razka was niftily sipping down a diet coke, gulping down the liquid with a gurgling sound reminiscent of a choking badger; his headphones screwed over his ears, the insane goblin seemingly paid no heed to his surroundings as his monster of a cycle rushed deathlong into the tollgate. At the last second though... A nightmarish creature leaped from the amorph mass of howling steel that was approaching the tollgate at way beyond terminal velocities - it looked like a werewolf, a bloodied beast covered in fur with a lupine snout, its limbs thick and muscular, twisted and gnarly as out-of-place bony protrusions emerged from the middle, its eyes bloodshot and carmine red, its claws sharp and acute, drooling and dripping with saliva. The beast hung in midair for a split second...

1590542224777.png

Boom. The machine blew up with cataclysmic visual and aural effects, pushing, piercing, breaking, excavating its way through the tollgate with a round of thunderous explosions as part of the abominable material splattered across the booths and shrapneled through, causing most of the cars and concrete to burst out and explode under the heat and impacts, reverberating across the entire highway and spreading to the buildings around. A storm of meltdown-undergoing half-metallic half-hydrocarbonate sludge shards flew in the air around, falling down like a demon lord's spew across the outskirts. The heat and sound waves of the impact had shattered all windows in half a mile' radius, and within half that range, most if not all of the non-powered people and a good chunk of the powered ones had been boiled and flayed alive by the sheer pressure of the heatwave.

It didn't stop there. The unholily-screeching entity of steel and sludge keot tunneling its way through the constructions, till it finally it a relatively small skyscraper and detonated as it hit the central hardened concrete support beam, exploding outwards in a roiling tide of gaseous steel and tar, essentially evaporating the lower half of the building and anything else within two hundred meters, before subsiding with a demonic shriek fading in the post-catastrophe lights of the scene, as the building collapsed upon the ground, now missing any kind of bottom part holding the top in the air.

Having been propelled forward by the blast, the beast landed in front of the rubble pile that instants ago had been a building, shifting back to a more humanoid shape, smaller and thinner, but just as gleefully evil and disregarding of innocent lives.

"Well then. Das ground zero... version two dot zero."

1590542317968.png

Last edited:
26FADD75-7471-47F4-A2CC-8E2B2E95DC1B.jpeg
Narava
Interactions: Aelia Aeldyne Aelia Aeldyne Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

Charlie has left the house almost immediately after receiving the interview call excitement flooding her veins as she opened her phone to see where this bakery was. Once she knew she put her phone away. Holding her hand out to her left with a bright smile. It took a few seconds before her bow burst into view. Growing out from the palm of her hand. Taking aim she gently hooked her fingers where a bow string would be as there wasn’t one on the bow and started to draw back like you would. As she pulled back a string manifested and with it a line arrow that she shot onto one of the skyscraper walls. She hopped onto the line and quickly dashed up it. Making line after line to run through the city on, the old one disappearing as soon as she touched the new one leaving no trace the arrow was ever there, not even a mark where the arrow had hit.

It took a little bit eventually she made it dashing across the last line and jumping off about 20 feet in the air to gently land in front of the devils tale bakery. Her landing was quiet except for the click her heels made. She quickly made her bow disappear before she entered into the store. Looking around curiously. “Hello!” She said cheerfully to the attendant before taking a seat at a table by the windows to wait for her new possible mentor. She rested an elbow on the table and with the same hand rested her chin in her palm.

Ghost of the Clocktower

It had been a slow morning thus far on her part...though that was nothing new. When one's dead and resides in a suit of armor, what else is there to do besides help its owner and go on the occasional trip through town? In this case, it had been a trip towards the clocktower she resided in part-time in order to feed, though that quickly changed as a situation unfolded. Slipping through a third story wall she watched in silent shock as a building came tumbling down, shrieks of pain, terror, and death filling the air. Quickly scanning the scene, her eyes landed on the culprit, some sort of lycanthrope that turned into a goblin. This wouldn't do...Eva was too far out to get involved, and this had to be handled now. Moving through air by will she 'touched down' on the ground, taking a deep 'breath'. Focus...focus. This was going to take a lot out of her, but after something like this, she couldn't stand by. Besides, she was going to feed anyways, may as well do some good on the way.

In a snap she materialized behind the goblin, two dozen yards behind him or so. "Razka Mad Heist, I presume? I must admit, you make quite the entrance...though I'm afraid I don't quite agree with it. The reports and news were correct that you were indeed a madman." Cool blue eyes shifted to red and stayed that way for a bit before drifting back to blue, the process slowly repeating back and forth. Everything nearby was just...gone. Lives, things on the ground level, absolutely devastated. Sickening, distasteful, disregard for life. In life, this was what she tried to prevent...and she supposed in unlife it was much the same. Reaching to her hips she quickly flicked out two daggers, half the length of her forearms, holding them in an icepick grip.

"You have two choices, sir. One, you turn yourself in peacefully and we end this interaction in swift order. Option two, I'm afraid I'll have to incapacitate you in short order, and I would hate to have to waste time putting you in your place." Ever shifting eyes studied him as she adjusted her footing a bit, readying herself. She couldn't stay 'real' for long, so this fight would have to be quick...though she knew exactly how to do it. As tempting as it'd be to make a meal of him, it'd be better to do this quickly and calmly.
Aelia Aeldyne Aelia Aeldyne
Bloody_Maria.jpg

Ruru
8637d0d811801064ca62be3461c1ddc3.jpg

Ruru was confused to say the least by the gem like butterfly. But nevertheless followed it. "if i had a nickle for every time a glass butterfly led me into a trap...id have 15 cents... which inst alot. but weird that its happened 3 times." Ruru said aloud as she slowly reached into her pants drawing her whip as she peddled into the alleyway. Ready for a fight. She quickly scanned her surroundings looking for where the butterfly was going.

776B15E5-6CF1-48DD-8AE7-F835D33CF500.jpeg
Yami
Interaction: Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

The butterfly fluttered into the alley getting about half way down before something appeared. A small creature leapt up into the air and caught the butterfly in its hands before coming down. Keeping its hands closed it peered into them curiously as to what it caught as it sat down. Slowly opening its hands to the butterfly sitting in its hands, its wings gently opening and closing making Yami smile happily as its second pair of arms clapped in joy at the pretty butterfly and it made cute sounds, almost like a baby laughing.

It’s attention was quickly diverted from the butter fly as her head looked over its shoulder with those big innocent eyes to see the woman with the whip.The butterfly fluttered off as it used all it’s arms to get to its feet before turning to face the girl. It’s 4 hands gently clasped together as it took a couple cute steps towards the girl to see what she would do, all the while it’s big curious eyes stared into her eyes, almost beckoning her to come closer to Yami. A voice started to whisper in Ruru’s mind though it was to quiet to hear yet. She would have to get closer to make out the words. At the same time though the look on the creatures face seemed to show that it had no idea of the voice that echoed in ruru’s mind. Yami hesitated a little as it slowly unclasped it’s hands and reached out for the woman like a child would when wanting to be picked up​

Last edited:
1590646428404.png
MEMPHIS CAIN
THE DEVIL'S TALE BAKERY
The truth behind Memphis Cain is that he is very untruthful. People who are aware of his mostly underground movement know the truth about his deceiving nature. However, people are often fooled by his charm; a strange super-powered ability that convinces weak minded people such as Susan to do whatever Memphis commands them to. People tend to describe Memphis as a kind older man but that kindness isn't out of the goodness of his shallow, broken heart. Everyone is just a tool. Everyone is just a pawn. Everyone is just a step for history to progress. History will make progress as the People's Protection Party grew...along with it's true, greater potential...

However, people with stronger wills can resist the devilish charm. Unfortunately, stronger minded people are still vulnerable to mind tricks; it just takes longer. Super-powered individuals have always been a trouble for him since most can see right through his manipulation. Most is not all, however, and trying to crack such an individual would be good practice for when he'll reach his true target. So when a young excited woman entered the establishment after doing some tricks outside, he knew he had stumbled onto a gold mine. She sat down in the table front of his and was patiently waiting for someone. Waiting implies time to kill; time implies Memphis' greater success. Plus, something was telling Memphis that she was "actively searching for a group to work with". It was the perfect opportunity.

"I saw your crazy stunts out there," Memphis spoke to the woman in a kind gentle matter from across the tables. "I'm quite impressed. My grandson is a huge fan of heroes. What's your name?"

1590672811041.pngThe Farm
Four small plots sat in the middle of what was once a busy street. The crops that sprouted from them were many and cartoonish, completely over-sized, and not very proportional. Carrots as large as pumpkins, radishes as large as watermelons. It looked ridiculous... and kinda tasty. All the fruit and veg were in pristine condition despite seemingly no one around to tend to them. In the corner sat a small shed with a door on it. Atop the door read a sign that said, "Home Sweet Home" in cartoonish lettering.

After even a minute of observation, a movement was easy to catch in the corner of an observer's eye.

A small, green slime creature was bouncing about with an audible 'plom' sound effect to it each time it touched the ground. One, then another, then another until at least five could be counted. They, too, were about the size of a watermelon and had absolutely adorable faces printed onto them. Big eyes with a 'w' for the smile. When they opened their mouths, and oh they did, the w stayed in place at the top as the bottom stretched. Their bodies stretched too, and one by one they were going around and sucking in a crop or two. Their little bodies would stretch around the plant and once their mouth closed around it, they shook twice before trilling and returning to normal size, going on their merry way.

Kyrenka Kyrenka Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving

1590674621642.pngShield
He followed her upstairs with an external sigh despite his internal excitement. He didn't like to exercise. No, he didn't build up lactic acid... which meant he didn't really get physically tired from exertion... but... ugh. It was so hard to get better at anything through exercise too. His muscles refused to tear, which made building more muscle difficult, to say the least.

Testing was always interesting.

Strength? Stronger than your average human, but nothing too impressive. He didn't have the normal off button that a person had that said he was gonna hurt himself.

Speed? Eh. Same deal. Not much better than average.

Intelligence? He was pretty smart. Not like some genius or something, but he could hold his own in a trivia contest or a debate match. He liked history and math, was intrigued by science though not as well-versed in it, was fascinated by biology, etc. He knew a few different languages, Tagalog, Mandarin, Japanese, Indian, Hindi, and English, though oddly no western European languages.

Invulnerability? Well, she saw how much damage even her badass hellfire did. He had literally been blasted by a rocket before and, though he had no clothes afterward, the only real problem was being buried under rubble.

He knew most of the common laws by heart, especially local ones, and could tell her by rote every law he had ever broken as though even the smallest of thefts left a taste of disdain in his mouth. He, notably, seemed much more entertained by breaking into places... mostly pretty expected places for someone his age - amusement parks or zoos after closing, the occasional fancy museum or art gallery, "cool" things that looked even "cooler" after dark. He was very against breaking or vandalizing property in any way and found even street art somewhat distasteful. Any tough choices sort of question, he always went with saving the most people, even if it meant him getting buried or blasted off into the next county.

He could shoot a gun surprisingly well. There was no hesitation when he pulled the trigger, very little deviation due to recoil, and he knew better than to aim for the head. He knew how to hold it, how to take most of the more common firearms apart, and could clean and reassemble them in impressive time. Darren was quiet with guns, however, like he was bored of them.

All in all, though, this weird little situation with SoulFlare was fun so far. It gave him something to do and, to a certain extent, something to look forward to for once. He found himself smiling more often than not.

Corsair - LA Airspace // Devil's Tale bakery

HeliDrop 10.jpg

The helicopter was a sleek-looking vehicle. Slender and silvery, its rotor spinning silently as it carried the beast over the building-filled cityscape. It wasn't designed for combat, that much was sure in sight of the complete absence of armaments on the vehicle - no indeed, it was more a leisurely or utilitary means of transport, made to go fast and safely over long distances. In spite of its looks though, it wasn't very large, ten meters at most in length and barely less than three in width; there was enough space for no more than four people inside, and two of the four seats were indeed taken.

In the pilot's seat sat a young woman, dark-haired and dark-clothed, handling the joystick like it was nothing - almost imperceptibly shifting the helicopter's trajectory every second, adjusting the descent of the aircraft with great skill. Her voice was weak and raspy, the kind of sound you would expect from someone with a throat condition. Considering the large black brace she had around her neck, it wasn't far-fetched to assume so.

002ba107d01dc8d97ac40104574ac539.jpg

"Boss, we be arrivin' soon. Any specific orders aside from "Stay on standby", or just that ?"

The voice that responded came from the one person in the back row. Smooth, flowing out like a trail of chrysanthema petals out of a thornvine garden, powerful like a beast's and yet soft like a child's... The voice of the undead savant Annelise. Or Leslie, as was the name she went by in those times. It was a rich sound, full of flavour and meaning, filled with danger and mystery too, the sound of one of the greatest minds of this age and the one before, exhaling thoughts like words in the same ebb of the tide.

"Hmmm yes... stay on standby, patrol around the bakery... hover above the city block, go into furtive mode, investigate the crater, return to the base... Stay on standby, patrol around. Hmm... Yes. That'll do it. Do that. Of course... you know what to do in case of emergency... Return to the base... attack at full power... evacuate... Evacuate, return to base. Yes."

It was an ageless voice, that belonged just as much on a late teen as it did on a sexagenarian, unwavering but uncertain, fragmented but whole to the ear, maddening and maddened, offering the raw, unmasked thought of the speaker. Of course, as beautiful as it sounded it felt like it didn't fit on the body that was emitting it. Five foot nothing, barely as high as her passenger seat, thin and slender with curves in all the right places, short dark hair fitting the hourglass figure crowned by twin rubies of sin sitting in the eyesockets of this porcelain mask of a face. It was a strange impression, meeting the infamous Corsair face-to-face. Somehow she was always both more and less than expected, though more often people expected less from a 5'1 midget of a woman.

Her outfit didn't do anything to improve that impression either. It was a strange kind of clothing, at the same time chic and provocative, out of place neither at a nobility ball nor in a love hotel - a perfect lady of queen Hooktoria's court, all in all. The large black coat she wore over it just made it worse, the white lapel contrasting starkly on the black and red, outlining the shiny gem of the ribbon tying the collar of her blouse.

Leslie.jpg

The pilot shuddered ever so slightly as the intemporal voice rang out in the cabin - even though she had long been a loyal servant of Leslie, her lady's orders still gave off a deeper feeling compared to mundane conversation. She nodded, and jerked the joystick, sending the heli diving down from above the clouds into a controlled strafe into the avenue, approaching the Bakery's position at less than thirty meters aboveground.

When the helicopter arrived there, Leslie simply kicked open the door on her side, jumping out of the vehicle and landing below like nothing, her two pistols revealing themselves as her clothes moved from the impact - her blade was hidden in plain sight, but black on dark grey never gets spotted. The door closed itself back automatically, and the heli took off again, returning to higher planes of atmosphere. The pilot's voice echoed on the radio.

"You sure you gonna be fine, boss ?"

"Mahh... It's fine, it's just a job interview"

"...Please be careful."

"Mmmhmm."

The undead walked away, pushing the door of the bakery, her mind already aflutter and returned to sciencing, as the heli was hovering in the clouds. There weren't many customers that early, so she ran up straight to the counter, smiling like a child.

"Hello hello hello ! Can I have a cappucino, please ? And... Two expressos if you can..."

The voice was calmer by a bit, though not by much. It was the voice of a young one defiantly awaiting for the big packages to come, fully expectative and wanting to be surprised. She'd get her coffee first, dammit, and look for the intern-to-be later.

Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving SomeFakeUsername911 SomeFakeUsername911

Last edited:
~Anne Beaufort~
The Farm

1590803374863.png "Aw!" The slimes bounced along the farm's rows of crops like colorful gumdrops. "They're so cute!" She wanted ten of them. But I've already got one bottomless pit to feed. Maybe she could feed the slimes the bones left over from Aia's hunts? It'd make getting rid of the evidence easier. Speaking of Aia, there wasn't much here for her to chew on like the doctor had originally hoped. Vegetables and fruits, as tasty as they were, were not a huge part of the alien's diet; and slimes were...well she really wasn't sure but they probably weren't meat. Maybe they taste like rubber. The thought made her gag a little, but it didn't diminish the affection she felt for the creatures peacefully bouncing around. The shed fit in with the scene so seamlessly that it took the dark-haired woman a few minutes to even notice it. "Wonder what's in there," she thought aloud. Nodding towards the quaint little building, Anne asked Aia, "You wanna check it out with me?" The place seriously didn't seem dangerous so she didn't mind Aia chasing a few slimes around if the alien decided to. Anne was perfectly capable of exploring a tiny shed on her own; and if she ran into trouble then she had a fantastic set of lungs and an apex predator for a daughter. What could go wrong? Taking care to avoid the slimes so that she didn't accidentally step on one of those adorably precious creatures, she approached the shed with little hesitation. Once she was at the door, she knocked. "Hello? Anyone home?" Usually she'd think it was a stupid and incredibly dangerous move to announce herself like that, but the pleasant vibe of the place was putting her at ease. Besides, what villain would set up a giant farm on the highway? Hardly an evil plan and a pretty obvious trap. A very unhelpful voice in her head reminded her that she had just walked right up to a potential trap, and suddenly Anne wasn't as relaxed as she was before. If this is a trap I will seriously have to rethink some things.

((Interacting with Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving 's Aia | Important Deathkitten Deathkitten ))

~Dietrich~
Nameless Hotel

1590806572426.png Dietrich frowned a little as his quip went over Morgan's head. Sometimes the girl's sense of humor was lacking. Ah well, that can easily be changed. If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. He took a sip from his coffee, humming inquisitively as she asked to ask a question. How polite. Her question did bring up a good point though; they always did. Resurrection wasn't as rare as some legends and scriptures made it out to be, but it certainly wasn't a common occurrence. Resurrection was tricky business. Sometimes people created people who looked identical to the deceased but were a whole new person, sometimes the deceased was brought back...incorrectly, but only rarely did a deceased person come back whole. For someone or something to be able to do this for three heroes that have been dead for ten years was worrying indeed. Only an incredible power could accomplish that; something that exceeded even his own abilities. Or something that cost a steep price. Neither were pleasant options. Usually things that gave out power at a price were dangerous and quickly became threats. Of course...perhaps it wasn't resurrection at all.

"Maybe it's time travel," he mused. "Resurrection and communication with their souls had been impossible so far, so maybe they never died. There were no remains after all and nobody truly knows what happened. Maybe they were all sent to different times. Or maybe these heroes were the only ones strong enough to survive the jump." Pausing to take another sip, the blond continued, "Or maybe they're just very good imposters. Either way, a resurrection of that scale would be incredibly difficult. If it is a resurrection, then we're dealing with something stronger than me." He took another sip, seemingly unbothered by this fact. "Personally I'm a fan of the time travel theory, you can blame Wells for that, but they could still be either imposters or true resurrections. As for the timing..." Dietrich tilted his head in thought, "It's suspect, but it could be coincidence. As you said, there's too many variables, but we at least have three theories we can work with." Grinning, he couldn't resist asking, "So, which one do you think is most reasonable?" The things her mind came up with were always interesting. Perhaps it was a little inappropriate given the fact that this was most likely a bad thing for them, but the situation was truly fascinating. He may not be a genius like Morgan, but he could very well appreciate this absolute marvel they now had on their hands.

((Interacting with ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles 's Morgan))

1590815171088.pngJupiter
"How rude? How RUDE??" she shouted at him, "You are the Shade of LA! It doesn't matter if you wanted to fight! You could want to fight now! I don't know! You're the rude one for coming in like this and just violating my privacy. Do you realize how many alarms you probably set off?" She glared shards of glass at him with her eyes, registering what he had said, thinking about the implications of it.

A few seconds later there was a knock at her door, a soft female voice calling out, "Jupes? You alright? I heard shouting."

She squinted her eyes at Shade, "...Yeah, I'm fine! Sorry! Got a little too excited at my laptop."

The shrug on the other side of the door was audible as the relative walked away. Jupiter squeezed and winced at her hand as she sat back, looking the man over, "You come seeking aid. I can't give you aid. Helping out a highly wanted vigilante is very expressly against the terms of my license."

Jupiter sighed loudly, "If you are informing me of an event, as a concerned citizen, however, then I can let it slide. First and foremost, though, you need to take a human-looking form, and go to the damned front door, and knock like a normal ass person." She winced again and looked at her palm, scrunching her nose as she pulled and pushed at the flesh, "Ugh. Stupid friggen jump scare man. Can't I spend one day without stabbing myself? Using a needle is so much less painful." She focused for a long moment and the wound stitched itself closed with its blood.

"Right. Anyway, if you have something to report and request of a professional hero such as myself, go to the front door. I'll get myself a little bit better dressed and not in pjs, and then I'll go answer and see to your request! It's not my fault you have shit for manners."

1588046700293.png

1589257144986.png
1590879435848.png
Tomb, after a long night of loudly snoring, and bumbling incoherent speech while sleeping, was suddenly woken up by the sound of a moving train. Tomb realized what was happening, and excitedly exited his railcar, and looked onward. On the adjacent track, lied a white train, shining the tunnel with its front lights. A sudden cloud of steam came from the train, as its brakes stopped the train.

The train was a glossy white, one that was spotless and untouched by the dirt around it. Golden streaks covered the train, which seemed to illuminate in the darkness of that tunnel. Tomb associated this train with equipment, as it would always bring him gear for special missions. He eagerly awaited at the side of the train-car, clapping his hands in his excitement. The side of the train suddenly began to open up, and reveal a small storage space on the inside.

Inside, there was a large white box, with golden accents, stamped with the letter 'T'. To the side of that, was a much smaller tube, adorned with the letter, 'K'. Tomb was perplexed at the new emblem and picked up the tube in confusion. He had a sudden epiphany and began to yell at his current house guest. "Fire-man! You have gift, I think. Me not sure, but you open to find out.", Tomb yelled, as he put down the tube, and grabbed his own box. Inside the tube was a letter, written on an old sheet of paper. On the front of the paper was writing directed towards Kaden, while the back held a copyright for 'Dynamo Publishing'.

Dear Kaden,

I suppose I must thank you for taking care of Tomb for me. I don't have the time to deal with his childish antics, but I'm glad he has found an appropriate babysitter. I am aware of your work, and I must say I'm impressed. You certainly have the potential to make it big in the industry, with a little guidance of course. Your gimmick is certainly amusing, and I'm sure it could be easily marketed with the right tools. It would be a shame if your possible career would have an early end, so I implore you to think about your choices going forward. If you play your cards right Kaden, you and your little demon friend might become quite successful. That, or you face a threat bigger than you can even imagine. I suggest going with the former, seeing your current condition, kiddo.

I do have some sympathy for your past Kaden, and I can offer you some, enticements, if you cooperate further. Your father did us a great service, getting rid of our weaker competition here. It would be nice to have a home to return to, wouldn't it Kaden? I always enjoy a good family reunion, but I digress. Hypothetically, you could continue your little game of detective, and find out some information. Hypothetically, I also could have a little 'chat' with your good sibling. All hypothetical of course, it all depends on what you choose to do. You seemingly have the brute's friendship, so I suggest you continue keeping him company, for your best interest. As for Mashu, I'm sure I can provide her with something enticing down the line, but let us not get ahead of ourselves.

My father is like your father in a lot of ways. He attacked the wrong group of people, and he was punished for it, severely. You only fight back when you can defend yourself, Kaden, remember this. Don't make the same mistake our fathers did. My organization is much larger than the one my father, or even your father challenged. It is the common movie dilemma, where the hero is outnumbered severely by his enemy. I despise using common tropes displayed in cinema, but it is quite effective. At some point Kaden, when you watch the world like you would a movie enough times, you start to dissociate it with reality and just see it as another media. I have eyes everywhere, Kaden, so I suggest you think wisely about your actions during these coming weeks. We will be in touch.

- Z

Tomb exclaimed in a happy fashion, as he opened his box. Inside lied a brand new laser minigun. He had previously broken his old one during an engagement and needed a replacement. This appeared to be just that. "What you get, Fire-man? I got COOL SCIENCE GUN!", Tomb spoke, laughing with glee.

[[Interactions: Kyrenka Kyrenka 's Kaden]]

Mjr. Sadensei - Downtown LA

The motor was whirring under the hood, the Humvee cruising down the streets of Los Angeles at the maximum allowed speed. In the driver's seat was Tetra, quietly chomping on a liquorice stick while driving, the importance of her current assignment making her need something to bite on while getting there. The 50-years-old-ish major was under pressure, because the previous day had been a day off for her, and while her superiors and comrades assured her that no, she didn't have to be always on duty, she couldn't find any excuse for herself for not having provided her assistance where was needed. She snarled as a drunk guy made her swerve off her lane by stumbling onto the street, and she practically screamed when the radio crackled in the cabin.

"Hermes 03 to Trident 01, do you copy ?"

- YES ! Yes I copy you, Hermes 03. Sorry for that, there's a wanker crashing on the tarmac in my street."

- Ah, I see... Well. Anyway. My sheet here says you're with Brawler, objective joining forces with sponsored hero Mazok to hunt down an enemy sub. Copy ?"

- Copy. Brawler is in the backseat, and we're about five minutes away from meeting up. What's up, Hermes ?"

- Well uh... We missed Mazok's call, so he's gone off, six minutes. Downtown same direction, but a few paces further."

- Oh for fuck's sake Nigel ! Couldn't even get a phone call on time, you fucking snail-brained kebab shagger ? Prepare for a lesson on timeliness when I get back, Sergeant."

- Sir, yes sir." The voice in the radio was clearly disgruntled, but there wasn't much he could say to that.

- Perfect. Trident 01, I have him in sight. Over."

- Over."

As the communication was cut over the radio, Tetra pulled the Humvee to the side of the street, as to face the approaching ork as she slowed down to a stop. She leaned back, looking at the guy - Thomas - in the backseat.

Tetra.jpg

"We're here. Fetching the big guy and then to the airport to deploy and accomplish the mission. Don't get too nervous, shouldn't be anything really hardcore."

She pulled a coke bottle from the humvee's glove box, offering it to him.

"Got this in here and I can't drink it." Sigh "Well anyway, as I said don't stress it, if it's underwater or at sea you're probably not going to get in the thick of things. How's the material ?" She asked, pointing at the box of explosives and the sheated black sword behind her own seat.

While waiting for him to answer, she lowered the window on her side and leaned through, gesturing at Mazok to come over.

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles chaieftainoftheeye chaieftainoftheeye

Mazok was walking with his Orks, Dakkagun still a crutch as he saw the car pull up. he then walked over, "umm.. should i get on da roof or should i just get in?" as the other 4 loaded their gear into the trunk and got in. all seeming exited. mazok having a look on his face as if he was trying to remember a name. "you're.. the choppa ummie.. the one with the sword.."

Razka - LA Outskirts

He bent over backwards, his spine clicking down in a physics-defying motion, staring at the newcomer. Pretty hair, pretty eyes... But damn if she wasn't a bitch for souring his fun right now. He hadn't even gotten started ! The expression that appeared on his upside-down face as he stared at her was... disturbing, to put it mildly. He started cackling, but fell silent after barely a second.

1590966144467.png

Taking the two blades he had hanging on his belt, he twisted his arms in a throwing motion, and with the same movement spun over to throw them at the woman, having charged them with the magic of his blood, and it was a pair of large sawblades made of blood that came flying towards her.

"Yer a fucking killjoy, you know that ?"

26FADD75-7471-47F4-A2CC-8E2B2E95DC1B.jpeg
Narava
Interactions; Aelia Aeldyne Aelia Aeldyne SomeFakeUsername911 SomeFakeUsername911

Charlie had been so excited she never noticed the other customer inside the store till he spoke to her. Coming back from her little day dream she looked behind her to see an older gentleman and smiled brightly at him. "Im Narava." She simply said as she turned in her seat to face the gentleman more. He seemed like a well enough guys so a little bit of chit chat before corsair got there wouldn't be an issue. "That's so cute! how old is he?" She asked him with a soft smile gracing her lips. Sadly her attention was pulled before she could hear his reply as the door opened. Charlies eyes slipped from the man to a smaller woman rushed in and to the counter. She was dressed in a rather curious outfit, though it was unmistakably Corsair from the first glance. Charlie had made sure to do her research when she decided to put her add up for mentors. Looking in as much as she could into the Hero's that called LA home and see which ones seemed a good fit in her opinion.

After looking the shorter woman down for a moment Charlie turned her attention back to the man with a smile. "I do apologize sir but could you excuse me. It was nice to meet you." Charlie said to him as she got up. Glancing down she made sure her outfit was in order before she took a gentle breath in. She didn't know what to expect from their first interaction so her nerves quickly started to kick in and make her anxious. Still though she sucked it up and walked over to Corsair. Hesitating on how to speak to the woman Charlie bit her lower lip slightly in thought before she spoke.

"Excuse me miss? Are you by chance Corsair? Im Charlie we talked over the phone a few hours ago." She said finding it to be a well enough attention grabber. Corsair was a hero of course and Charlie had no clue what the woman would do if startled so in the end the soft approach was the best option for her. At least Charlie hopped so as she looked down onto the smaller woman.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back