• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
1591216090954.pngShield
He blushed, looking away and down, not wanting to meet her gaze now. He felt embarrassed. A secret he'd had for a long while now, and he let her know it so easily. She made him feel too comfortable. If they were meant to work together... secrets weren't good, right? She wasn't like other heroes that had screwed him over in the past, right? He glanced back up at her, fear in his eyes before he looked back down to his feet and the carpet of the room.

"Ah...," he mumbled, accent still present, not sure where to start, "So... For religious stuff, I don't mind... but I don't know anything about it. I was never taught anything like that. My mother and father were a bit too concerned with the almighty dollar to really bother with things like spirituality or religion. I um... I mean... I guess I know that God is supposed to be some omnipotent super-being, right? A super-being that made everything, created angels and then earth - I think I heard somewhere that it took him seven days? Which is like... why the number seven is important and stuff. I know angels and demons exist. I mean, I've met a few demons. Um... but I don't really know how God works in with other deities and stuff, since we know those exist too... and then, I guess, I know Jesus was a thing, right? He was some blessed superhero a long long time ago. He healed people... and then was put up on a cross for... um... reasons? Making fish out of wine? I've seen crosses lots... though I don't really get the appeal. If Jesus was supposed to be strung up on one and killed, I feel like he probably wouldn't like seeing them everywhere."

Darren took a breath, shuffling his feet, "It's like if someone put a gun on a necklace to commemorate JFK. It seems wonky, but hey, whatever. People are weird. And then I know that the bible and religions and stuff have caused wars in the past, and still cause wars today, but it's mostly lots of people arguing about nuance. Like two different sects of a religion loving the same God but disagreeing on how to... I dunno... cook their meat or something. So like any group, they have their extremists, but most religious people are nice, I think. As long as they love everybody, then it's all good. From what I understand, pretty much all religions don't approve of people hating on each other. Like there's the idea that only God has the right to judge, or something like that. Right? Oh! There was also some weird flood... and a guy that parted the water so people could pass through it? I dunno."

He sighed and finally looked up, "As for the languages, that's... complicated. If I tell you then... well.. I just don't want it to get out. Maybe I'll explain later. Lastly, equipment. I'd say some nicer, tougher clothes but that's just a nicety. I could weave clothes out of my own hair but," he shuddered, "I hate the idea of getting a haircut... and yes... my hair can be cut... with some difficulty, but it can be cut. I'd prefer a gun because it's easiest to use and powerful. If I have my druthers, I'd pick Machina to buy one from. She's local, she's an ex-villain, and she's a genius. She'd be able to get me something that I can set to stun or kill as my needs change. After that, I'd prefer... I mean... I should probably get a vehicle operator license. I know how to drive, I just... can't do it legally at the moment. A first aid kit with liquid wound filler and some pain reliever. A headlamp. A utility knife. A radio. And some sort of wallet to hold my fancy new probationary hero card in."

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

1591219398666.png
Seiva Kerona Meldain - Devil's Tale Bakery
Shadows oozed from the fingertips of her right hand, coating her digits in a thin black layer. She pulled him closer and kissed his cheekbone, right near his right ear, whispering, "Don't call me that, darling little fighter. I might get the wrong idea."

Seiva released him and smiled sweetly, the infamous shadows disappearing. They tended only to appear when she was either pissed or meant business - or both at once. They were shadows she used in war. Shadows she used to terrify. Loud enough for the others to hear, she spoke again, "Right! I need to have a little chat with you. Let's head to the back. I wouldn't want to bother your customers, after all."

She grasped his wrist as she swung around the side of the counter and pulled into the back of the store, not sparing a moment. "Shardaken. Shard. What in the sweet fuck are you doing that Ryuleianna of all fucking people told me to come and say hi to you to check in on you? How much in the fucking world have you fucked up? I have been giving you what you wanted. I have been giving you space. I have allowed you this... attempt at running away from reality. The last thing that should be happening is a goddamned angel giving me a ring because of you. Do you realize how dead you would be if it was practically anyone but Ryu? How dead your daughter would be?? Or do you want her to join the grave with her mother?" Harsh, but Seiva was known for being the sort of tough love individual she was for a reason. She cared, but she wasn't going to sugarcoat anything.

"Rurulian could have died, Shard. I know you don't want that."

Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

Alexander Creed Smith

"Hel-" As the door opened his voice caught in his throat, strangled and left to die before it could even escape. He had expected Jupiter not...whoever this was. His voice no longer held it's demonic tone, simply deep and smooth...or it would have, had it not been impossible to escape at this point. Owl like starlight eyes stared at the girl in silence, his hand slowly raising up to give a limp wave. This young girl looked quite a good deal like his own daughter...yes, the hair was different, but their ages were obviously similar, and there were other things he couldn't deny. His heart almost ground itself to dust looking at her, and all he could do is shift his weight a bit, becoming increasingly uncomfortable. As painful as this was for him in such a weird fashion, it would only prove to strengthen his resolve.

'What brings you to the household?'. God, he was being asked a question! But each time he tried to speak, his voice strangled itself. "Jupiter..." It was all he could offer up on why he was here, all he could force out of his throat. His head turned a bit to register Jupiter, giving a slight nod. Payment...he didn't have much to his name, but if it was payment that'd make this easier, he'd gladly empty his wallet for what was to come. He couldn't speak, only numbly following Jupiter down the path after being invited along. He was silent for a bit before his voice found himself again, no longer as weak as it had been. "You must be very proud of her. To accept someone you haven't known since you were so young takes a lot of kindness of the heart, and a mature mind...is she your cousin? Sister?..." It was only after he asked the personal question did he realize now wasn't the time or place, a soft hollow sigh escaping him. "Just trying to seem...normal for this conversation. For starters...call me Creed, please. Why you? You're one of the more well-known demon related hero's I've known of, and your return is oddly...helpful. You likely know I avoid interacting with heroes as much as I can, given our...differences in job description and opinion. But something is going on that I cannot handle alone...two souls I know are being tormented for a demons amusement. They are...nothing like what you'd consider me. I cannot stand by as they're tormented, but I cannot risk them being harmed by a demon as well...which is where you would come in. I spoke with Father Anderson in this guise and used his...gifts to speak with the divine."

What followed was a long and lengthy explanation, nearly verbatim for what Anderson had said. What the demon looked like, where the youngest spirit could be found at a school, why a demonlogist would be needed, on and on. Every word, every motion, etched into his brain. So easy to recall, like it was his own name.

Natalie Brenton
She listened silently, taking notes of everything he had to say. He was so nerved up, it was sort of cute. Like a puppy coming out into a new home! He didn't know a ton about faith, but he knew more than some folks so that worked. Plus he wasn't the sort to get upset at her for her past job or her beliefs, so that made it better. "I see...well, if you want, I'll tell you a bit more about faith. Or not, that's all up to you. You've got some interesting view...be a bit like bible study. God you're lucky in that case, my bible study was a guy who looked like he saw the birth of Christ. You get me, nice deal eh?" She gently knocked him on the arm with a fist, grinning wide.

"At the very least, I'll explain the cross thing to you. You've got an interesting little view on it, I'd like to tell you the reason we use it. You're right, there are extremists, but we're not all mad. Some of us are really sweet...when you know, we're not on duty." She crossed her arms across her chest, thinking. "Machina, huh? Alright. I'll call the higher-ups for some funds so we can get you everything you need. After I get the funds I'll help you find Machina and we'll get you the gun. Then we'll get everything you need. Fun day ahead of us, right?" She stretched a bit before flipping out her phone, starting to walk away. "This'll be just a minute." With that said she started a phone call. After that...shopping, she guessed.
Deathkitten Deathkitten

~Anne Beaufort~
The Farm

1591239974497.png "Oh shit." The words just kinda slipped out as she watched the slimes attach themselves to Aia. The alien wasn't in pain though, which caused the doctore to breathe a sigh of relief. Alright, so they're not acidic or something crazy. Being on the road for so long has made her paranoid. Hell, didn't she already say that this seemed too vanilla for a super villain attack? Maybe someone new got their powers? Maybe this was someone testing their new abilities. Or someone playing a prank. She could make up all the theories she wanted, but it didn't bring her closer to an answer. "You alright there Aia?" Reassured that the creatures were harmless, the dark-haired woman just watched in amusement as the alien interacted with her newest fans. Is it inappropriate to take a picture? Unprofessional maybe, but damn it they were just too cute! She bit her lip before deciding against it...for now. The cabin was open and ready to be explored. Maybe they'd find answers. Or more slimes. Either would be nice at this point.

(Interacting with Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving 's Aia and Deathkitten Deathkitten 's Slimes))

~Dietrich~
Nameless Hotel

1591241626085.png Raising an eyebrow, he didn't comment on the parallel universe theory. It was an interesting one for sure, but he didn't think it was likely in this situation. A professional disagreement. His demeanor went from casual to intense the minute she mentioned her tootsie pops though. "I'll take you up on that offer." The girl went through too many for his liking. Sure, she had her fancy tools to make sure her teeth remained nice and clean but a constant supply of candy everyday was not a healthy diet for a young lady in his mind, fancy science be damned. "Just know that if you agree, there's no backing out." His tone was no longer playful and light but deathly serious. This was the hill Dietrich would die on.

He watched her rise out of her chair, already chugging the rest of his coffee. Although he was a bit eager to get out and see how the United States had changed since he last visited, he needed to keep his eyes and ears open. Always assume you're being watched. Hell, they always were. Too much technology and cameras were around nowadays for his tastes, and while Morgan usually had tools to disable them they both liked to err on the side of caution. Letting your guard down even for a moment could be fatal. "May I suggest something?" Dietrich was already grabbing his coat as he spoke, "We should bring white lilies. I'm not quite sure what goblin tradition demands, but white lilies tend to be universally accepted for funerals." Roses were too confusing and chrysanthemums just didn't seem right to him; that, and he was a bit partial to lilies as well. He had been to many funerals in his time and while the faces and scenery would change the presence of white lilies were constant.

((Interacting with ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles 's Morgan))

Zaphkiel - Beverly Hilton suite

He had finally woken up. After being possessed by Uriel, I guess sleeping the entire afternoon and then the night was the bare minimum of rest needed to recover. Ugh... I could use some sleep myself, in truth. After last night's argument, I was thoroughly exhausted, wanting nothing else than just burrow under the blankets for a very long while. But I had stayed up, just to make sure the other moron didn't attempt anything stupid.

I shot the man a tired glance as he went and talked to me. When talking to this one, it felt like I had to choose my words carefully, even more so than I usually did. In the end, I elected to go for brevity, as it was the best way to avoid unfortunate tongue slips.

"Yes, I am Zaphkiel, and it is also true that you have my blessing. Uriel's behavior is nothing you have to apologize for. My brother... does tend to concern himself with such matters. In truth, I am more surprised that you are not in a more grievous condition after going through possession. Do not worry about him..." I said, eyeing the other room's door "He is too afraid of being the one going through the window to try anything."

Now... The troublesome bit. I did not really want to involve a mortal in family matters, and as diminished as I was, my power was not something that should be of concern to mortals.

"About that... How much do you remember of the discussion ?"

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Henry

"Yeah. We're still in LA - or not too far off. 35 Paladin Ave. It's written on the mailbox that you are staring at."

I looked all over the place. Nothing seemed off at first glance, which was reassuring of course. If the outside illusion was still up then I could assume that nothing went wrong with the real house beyond. Turning the Golden Eye on, I examinated the ward network in place around the illusory barrier. Hm. There were a few holes here and there, probably from the natural magical decay, but no opening that looked like it had been caused by an intrusion.

To be entirely honest, I didn't feel much about coming back - for me, it had been barely a day since I left, so no biggie. I was more worried about having things gone haywire in the basement, but if that was the case, I guess the crater would've been an itsy bit larger. Okay, it would probably have been twice or thrice as big.

"Chill, girl. It's only been a day and a half for me. And the lawn is kept because it's an illusion. The real one is behind the wards."

Saying that, I raised my arm and drew a couple geometric shapes with my fingers, repairing and re-energizing the wards, while in the same motion bending the net of spells to create a way in. The air blurred in front of us, and a distorted panel of atmosphere shimmered in front of us. A gust of wind carrying a damp musk breezed out of the opening, making me sneeze.

"Gonna have to set the air circulation ward properly again, I think. Well anyway. Let's get in."

I walked past the blur, disappearing through the opening in my wards. On the other side, while a bit vitiated the air was pure... And my house was still there, identical to the one outside. In appearance. The lawn tho... Well yeah. Ten years of not being cared for had made it run wild, and I sighed at the sight of how much work I was going to have. The flowers around the garden had also grown to gargantuan proportions, which of course was going to be a pain in the ass. I hadn't even bothered to check the mailbox; if I still received mail after having been declared dead for ten years, people were definitely weirder than I remembered them being able to. I relaxed a little when I felt the presence of all the magical items inside the house and none that had exploded in my absence. The guard shoggoth had fallen into hibernation, and I decided to let it be for now. Poor Joe deserved his nap.

1591271643419.png

Well anyway. Let's get to work. Conjuring a scythe blade made out of black metal, I sent it spinning around to mow the lawn back to acceptable levels, while waiting for Chrysanthia to come through.

Deathkitten Deathkitten

1591279712757.pngFather Anderson
"I remember the entirety of it. If you do not wish to have my aid, however, I will respect that," he said, smiling sweetly at her, he stood and rested his hand on her shoulder, "Zaphkiel, please know that while you are here on Earth, my church is a safe haven for you. You and your ward are always welcome. I may only be human, but I don't let that stop me from being of service."

He took a long breath and looked at the door, "I wish to let the boy know this as well. He must be scared, all this happening around him. I certainly was as a child. It takes a long time to come around to the idea, and longer still to become accustomed to the power behind angels. When I was a teen, I even took a bit of advantage of the abilities I was afforded - not because I wanted to see people hurt but because I felt like I had some call to a righteousness that made me deserving of what I wanted. Folly, of course, a fault in thinking, but most teens think that way, especially when one feels out of control of their situation. Hells, I'm still running from some of my would-be responsibilities."

Anderson walked up to Enzo's door and gave it a firm knock, "Son, may I speak with you? It's Father Anderson."

Aelia Aeldyne Aelia Aeldyne Kyrenka Kyrenka

1591309491599.pngJupiter
Jupiter gave him a small smile, entertained he had been so shy. This man was strange, but it was clear he had a good heart. He did what he did for a good reason. That's what mattered most to her.

"Breathe, Creed," she said, voice firm as she stopped and placed her hands on his shoulders, giving them a squeeze. The explanation of everything was important, critical, even, but he needed to calm down a bit. "Let's start from the top, shall we?" she asked, giving him another smile, "She's my cousin. I am proud of everyone in my family in their own ways. They all work hard. Also, I'm going to help. Stop worrying about it, and realize it's okay to act like a normal civilian. I don't care that you're a vig. It makes no difference to me, morally. I can't directly help you as a vig, but that doesn't mean that I'd sit by and let innocent people get hurt. Hell, if it weren't for the law, I'd probably do things your way! I just don't wanna end up in prison. Our jobs are the same. I deal with the public big assholes that would garner too much attention, you and other viges deal with the henchmen, the small assholes that get away that are just as deserving of punishment as the head of the snake."

She took a breath, looking off in the direction that her cousin had gone. She was already off around the corner. Jupiter dropped her hands, "As long as you don't act as Shade around me, then you're just a civilian asking for aid. Got it? Plus... If I know your... what I can only assume is your hunny and kid's names, then yours wouldn't be hard to find. Stop being so stuffy about shit. You're safe with me, and so are they." She sighed, stretching her arms out to her sides, "Right."

"Let's get to work," she grinned, "A school near here, huh? It's probably the same one my cousin goes to. She's around the right age. A demon of such high standing really throws a wrench in things. I'm gonna need a decent amount of blood... If you get me about ten gallons - that's around the blood volume of seven people... then I won't ask where you got it. I just need to assume that it was gotten from individuals who have committed murder, pedophelia, rape, or a number of other horrid crimes. Sounds good, yeah? In the meantime, I can scope out the school."

Alexander Creed Smith

Feeling her touch startled him a bit, a jolt suppressed through faintly noticeable, only really noticeable if one was touching him...like Jupiter was. "I am breathing...I don't converse often." He couldn't really share the smile, only giving a small node, owl-like eyes studying here. "I have...forgotten what it is. To be 'normal'. Let's not dwell on that." At the mention of 'prison' a slim slit of a smile showed, a crescent of light on his face. "Yes...though I find prison isn't the greatest for it's purpose. But my views are my own, and you aren't seeking my philosophies. And yes...small..." Her believing all he had killed was henchmen made this infinitely easier. If she knew some of the individuals he had actually killed this might be...more difficult. But what was a 'few' supervillains and mafia families at the end of the day? Crimson paintings.

She wanted names...he could provide. "Yes...the older of the two is Jenny. The younger is Angela. I will not act as Shade around you...though that guarantee ends when we find him. I have...bargains to keep, I had to find you somehow after all. And..." The crescent grin only widened, now sinister and chilling. "I cannot just let this slide. Would you be so kind if someone harmed people you cared about? When we find this demon...I would like the pleasure of dealing with him. That is my only request when it comes to that section." The grin faded completely, no more crescent. Hearing how much blood she needed he tilted his head in thought...that was a good deal. Seven people worth of blood? Interesting. "I have my ways...and I have a reputation to keep. Only people who truly deserve it, receive punishment. And...I have a way of knowing where to track, and who." People are so willing to confess about their friends and what they've done when they're at the edge of the blade after all...or a few bones are shattered. "I can get you the blood, give me an hour. Tell me where to meet you, and it will be done. You'll...want to bring a bucket, a large one. Unless you want me to add 'robbed a hardware store for a bucket' onto my list of deeds?"

Things were coming together so...beautifully. He would get his family back, one way or another. "Ah yes....the Father informed me that the girls should...return, after the demon is dealt with. If that fails...one of my contacts handed me these, so their souls may reside there. I'd prefer not to bottle them but...if I must, it will be done. Hopefully, it'll work out though." He reached into a pocket, offering up the two gem cylinders to her. "So yes...and hour. I know the hunting grounds, and you will not be traced back to me....Thank you...Jupiter."

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Morgan Adler

Glancing at him she raised an eyebrow. So quick to agree to a bet didn't even consider the loopholes. She had said no tootsie pops. That still left dum-dums, blow pops, Chupa chups, so many others. He was so eager to end her one little flaw and forgot she had ways around it. Poor Dietrich...even when he played the game, she had a winning hand. A small smile etched across her face, a look of her knowing even if she lost, she won. "Of course Dietrich. If I lose this bet...No tootsie pops for a month. But, to be clear...I only lose if nothing happens two weeks after the anniversary. Not a day sooner, not a day later. For you right now...how does the saying go? 'Nulla nuova, buona nuova.' No news is good news."

Hearing him offer up a suggestion she quirked a brow, hand going into a pocket...white lilies? "Interesting...I spent a good deal of time studying goblin culture. I had intended to meet with Gorzob at one point, one way or another. This just...lined up, I suppose. If we brought white lilies, we wouldn't offend anyone. If anything, it could be seen as mourning from humanities perspective. But it is absolutely necessary we get the flower crown in yellow and orange flowers. Well then...the funeral isn't until later today, but it's best we get a move on. I want to make sure we have plenty of time after all." She opened the door and gave him a nod, making a motion of 'come with me' before leaving, not bothering to check if he followed. She knew he would...if she said they were going to the gates of hell, he'd ask when they were leaving, this she knew for fact.

Kyrenka Kyrenka

Jupiter
Only an hour? She raised a brow at the man, pursing her lips ever so slightly. That was a hell of a short time, even for someone like him. She sighed, “Right... well... make sure to pick carefully. I don’t want to hear some saint accidentally got caught in the crosshairs, cuz if I do there’ll be trouble.” Jupiter gave a short chuff of a laugh and looked around, “Yeah I’m sure I can scrounge up a bucket - a barrel, more like it, actually. It sounds awful, but you’d be surprised with how much the majority of the public is okay with. As long as a sweet young lady gets rescued, they’ll look so much over.”​

“Speaking of a sweet young lady... Angela. Does she have any abilities? And what about Jenny?” She asked, taking the two containers and stuffing them in her pocket, “If this Angela girl is physical enough to go to a school and not get singled out, she may, somehow, be alive. I doubt that’d change by getting this demon. Demons don’t really tend to work that way. It’s much more of a one way street. You ready to be a dad again? Given your explanation, it sounds like it’s been a while since you’ve seen her.”

Alexander Creed Smith

He studied her in silence, head tilting a bit. "I'll have you know that my record is...perfect. I do not make mistakes...there's nothing to be gained by harming an innocent. But once someone crossed a line...they forfeit every right they have. I will keep in mind the public opinion." Hearing the question about Angela and Jenny the eyes shrunk a bit, but studied her all the same. "Angela manifested the ability to control water shortly before she passed. I'm not sure where it came from. Jenny's only power was to look physically young. She never aged after she hit her twenties...an eternal rose." He reached out slowly, putting a hand on her shoulder. "I have no doubt, that every fiber of my being is prepared to be the man they will need in their life....I won't look like this when you see me again. But...you'll know who I am. Do try not to freak out if I come out of a wall, it'd make a scene."

He slowly started to sink into the ground, a puddle of darkness welcoming him, though his eyes never left her. "I will owe you...quite a lot when this is over. Thank you. I will find you, do not worry." His eyes never left her, not until he had completely sunk into the ground, and that puddle of darkness left. And like that, he was gone, off on a blood hunt.

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Los Angeles Outskirts

The goblin was out cold. By the moment time resumed its course, more than a full minute of air intake was missing from Razka's lungs, and the hit to the temple only made him jerk violently to the side as he fell unconscious on the ground with a muffled groan, not realizing what had happened to him. Far behind, the twin blood-gorged blades averted their trajectory, slamming into the ground with great force, the wheels of blood dissipating and splattering around in wide ellipses.

Ruin.jpg

Eerie silence fell upon the scene for a second, before the shrieking of sirens and the crackling of flames broke it. Here and there, rubble was still falling down, ashes were sent up the wind and fires were stirred by the air moving around. Police and heroes were arriving on the scene at full speed, as the whole event had taken five minutes tops, leaving little margin for them to come. Firefighters were approaching too, though with more caution, as they had not only to extinguish active and dormant fires, but also rescue and evacuate anyone on site who might still be alive.

Ghost of the Clocktower

Well, that was done. One psychopath unconscious, his weapons averted from a dangerous trajectory and any further casualties halted. The noises of sirens cut the air, earning a satisfied sigh from her. Excellent, the goblin would be in custody in moments...and with that much air deprived in his tiny lungs, he'd be out for some time. Now she had to end this physical form, and quickly. She was already starved and low on energy, and stopping time was tough as well...she needed to feast. Badly. "And with this, I end our interaction, Mad Heist. Do enjoy waking in a prison cell, won't you?" And like that, she faded out of existence, a long sigh being drawn from a 'body' that didn't need to breathe, let alone sigh. Now...food. Spirits. Home away from home.

Stepping off of the ground the spirit darted into the air, making a beeline for one of the clocktowers of LA, one near the park. Food with a view, wonderful, truly. Moving at top speed while incorporeal didn't really take a lot of energy, and it was the more sane option. Skimming over the ground as she neared the park she could already feel her 'body' strengthen, her attuned hot spots always bringing strength back to her form. Her high-speed dash for the clocktower slowed as she entered the park, because why wouldn't she admire the beauty of some nature? The flowers were in bloom, the trees were vibrant and beautiful, a young woman was depressed on the bench...wait, hold up a moment.

She floated backward, blue eyes shifting to red slowly, and back again. No...no, this wouldn't do at all. She looked to the side a bit, overhearing some gossip...lost her child? Oh, the poor darling! Her eyes shifted towards the horizon...she could feel it. She was close enough to her tower, she could manifest with much less strain now. Boots manifested on the ground, the rest of her body following suit. "Miss, are you alright?" She took a few steps forward, offering a small smile, which may have been only a little off-putting as her eyes turned crimson again. "Come now, sit up straight, won't you? Slouching isn't becoming..." She looked so distraught, depressed more fitting a word actually. Maybe she was a sucker for a cute face, but more accurately, she understood the pain of no longer being able to interact with a child. Her heart ached for the poor girl. "May I join you, for a moment? I was on my way to eat, but you look like you could use a friend."
Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving Aelia Aeldyne Aelia Aeldyne

Aia18 (2).jpg
Aia
interactions: Deathkitten Deathkitten Kyrenka Kyrenka

Aia was curious as to what was inside till she froze, her eyes wide as she slowly turned her head to see what had grabbed onto her tail. Staring the slime's down nervously she started to breath heavily as she got off her mother and crawled over to the slime's on her tail. sitting on her knees she sniffed at them and even poked one curiously before her tongue "bleped" out of her mouth. staring one down before looking to her mother and back to it. What was this thing that stuck to her skin? She didn't particularly mind it there but at the same time she didn't want it on her. Slowly her tongue reached out and took a little lick of it before cringing back in disgust as she gagged a little with her tongue hanging from her mouth. They seemed harmless to her so she didn't try to force them off, reserving herself to gently poking and touching them cautiously.. lifting her tail up over her to see if they would hang on while held upside down.​

37A1FDE7-D0D0-4D89-B0A4-471AB019AF85.jpeg
Samantha
Interaction: ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

Samantha Wasn’t expecting company. So much so that she barely caught the words coming from the woman that appeared out of nowhere. Lifting her head a little to meet her bagged eyes with the girls. She stared her down for a moment before before slouching back again against the leg of the bench. Taking another swing of the rum before setting it down and replacing it with her cigarette. She couldn’t help but notice the women’s beauty in her drunken state. “And why would such a beautiful girl wish to spend time with a drunk like me?” She asked her softly as she lifted her head once again to look at the pretty girl.

It took another moment before she patted the bench. “Do as you wish darling. Not like I’m waiting for anyone to join me anyways.” She mumbled as she slowly started to get up. Grunting as she slowly clambered to her feet only to stumble into the girl. Her cigarette falling as she Pressed her face into the girls chest and grabbed onto her to try and keep herself up. Taking a moment to hold onto the girl before she stood up straight with a light stumble before managing to compose herself. Bringing a hand to her forehead as she sighed. “I’m sorry about that. Stood up to quick.” She said softly to her.​

Mjr. Sadensei - Downtown LA

She heard Thomas wheeze slightly behind her, forming the shadow of a smirk on her face. Sometimes she'd like to be a civilian too, if only to be able to relax like this at any given moment. But she was a soldier first and foremost - a soldier only, some would argue and they would not be entirely wrong, not since that day - and soldiers were ones whose attention had to be unwavering even if the surrounding people were partaking in casual activities. Well, the dude was a civilian after all, so it wasn't like she had anything to say about him behaving in ways that she might have called deeply unprofessional coming from a fellow military member.

"Hope you have fun, Brawler. With the ten years milestone coming and still no sign of the bastards, I bet you and I are going to spend many days on alert and many nights in very light sleep."

She then adressed the green humanoid hero at her side. From what she had read from the reports, Mazok was a reliable combatant, versatile in his application of force but reliant on external provision for armor and armament. He however had apparently found himself with a helmet that he was wishing to take time to repair and adjust before getting into the thick of things. Making sure one's material was up to date and well-fitting was a primary concern, and she spent hours herself upkeeping hers every day or so, so it was something she could feel herself resonating with.

"Aye. There's one near the port, so we'll go there. Like that, if there's a sudden call from the searching teams then we'll be the closest we can to the area."

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles chaieftainoftheeye chaieftainoftheeye

1591652922353.pngChrysie
It had only been a day for him. That was a weird thought, and also kind of depressing. She looked at him for a long moment, not sure what to say as she fell silent for once in their journey thus far. He opened the wards for them to get in though, and she couldn't help but have her attention pulled away to that. Woah. The smell was strange, musky with the scent of slightly stale air, but the lawn was crazy. It had clearly gone wild in the years he'd been gone. "That's so cool!" she squeaked, the blade spinning around like a makeshift magic lawnmower impressing her once again, "Oh my gosh that's amazing. You're so coooool!"

She bounded forward, hurrying up to the door of the house with reckless abandon, her little loops around her waist jingling like wind chimes. Chrysie spun around to face Henry, "Uncle do you want me to help you clean up things?"

Aelia Aeldyne Aelia Aeldyne

1591655061971.pngThe Farm
The slimes made a soft trilling sound at being licked, and to be honest they tasted kind of like really really strong limes. When turned upside down, much like a dollop of ice cream, they slowly lost their grasp and fell to the ground. As they plopped they flattened out, only to bounce back up to their mostly round form.

In the meantime, in the shed, there was nothing more of note. No place for storage, nothing in the kitchen drawers or cabinets, nothing. That was until she looked in the fridge. Doing so pulled up a full-on menu right in front of her face. As she did so, a pause menu popped up in front of Aia, freezing her in place. Anne couldn't walk while the menu was up, but there was a big X in the top right corner that was clearly the exit button.

In this menu, it displayed a small pixelated picture of herself, her name, as well as the amount of money she currently had on her and how much she had earned in total to this date. The inventory itself showed everything she had on her as a small pixelated icon of itself, and the fridge seemed to have a separate inventory to itself as well. Weirdly, there were only three entire "stacks" of milk in the entirety of the fridge. A pixelated picture of a milk jug sat in the slots, each with x99 next to them in small font. Now, physically, there was no way that milk could stack, but hey, game logic.

Kyrenka Kyrenka Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving

1591655802212.pngDarren
Internally he was screaming at the thought of going shopping. Even with Natalie there, it felt like it was going to be so awkward. People would hate him. They would hate seeing him. Maybe he should wear a hood or even a mask. She was already on the phone though... so he couldn't interrupt her. He just looked at her like a scolded dog for a long few seconds before scampering off out the door. He walked down the hallway of the hotel until the end, looking out the huge window down to the ground below. Everything was so small from a skyscraper. How long had it been since he was in a multi-story building like this? He couldn't help but tremble, panicking a little.

"God I'm fucking stupid," he whispered to himself, forehead against the glass, "I'm going to fail. I'm going to get her in trouble, or a fight is gonna start... Someone like me can't go shopping like that. People will recognize me and just... it'd be fine if it was just me, but it'll drag her into it." He wanted to cry again. "What the hell would Father think if he saw me?" He knew the answer. He'd just be a disappointment. Always a disappointment... but, he supposed, that's why he ran away. He couldn't be a disappointment if he wasn't even on the same continent, right? He bonked his head against the glass lightly and wiped the mark his forehead made off of it.

Darren looked at the stairs. He could leave. He could run away, and then he wouldn't be in her hair anymore.

Henry

Well. I could use some help indeed, no denying that. A ten mile diameter of unkempt grass wasn't going to mow itself down, and the inside of the house would probably be full of dust, some things might even be out of place... Yeah I could use the extra hands. At the same time, I was looking at the circles spinning around her, and I thought of something that might be interesting for her, no matter what kind of hero she wanted to be. Cutting through things was an useful ability no matter what. I followed her onto the steps under the porch, letting the blade wheel at random in the grass, drawing weird nazca-ish lines in the lawn.

"Yeah, I was going to ask for your help once inside anyway, but I just had an idea. You ever tried to cut something with your circles ? To use them like weapons ?"

The idea was to try and use her circles the same way I was using the blade I just made, to cut the grass down to acceptable levels. It'd be an exercise in control and finesse as well as a potential new application of her power. So... Why not give it a try ?

Deathkitten Deathkitten

1591667526323.pngChrysie
She grinned wide at his question, excited to show him what she could do. She didn't have her alias for nothing! She was a proud member of the family, and powerful to boot... if a bit hyper.

Chrysie's rings split off in separate directions, phasing through her as though they were never physical. Each hovered in front of her outstretched hands. As her skirt waved in nonexistent wind, she closed her eyes and focused a little. Each ring divided into two, then four, then eight, until she had sixteen thin rings making a wide circle in front of her. She opened her eyes again and motioned her hands down flat. The discs followed suit, laying flat on the unruly lawn. "Okay... and now I just have to make them cut...," she whispered to herself, though Henry could undoubtably hear it. As she was considering the best shape, the discs' outer edges warbled and flexed, until she settled on one. Four long thin blades on each side like the hooks of a strange chakram. The rings obeyed and formed the shape, which she then set spinning.

"Not exactly the most glamorous thing I thought I'd be doing, but it's better than playing toss with a water bottle with them," she laughed, smiling up at Henry, pleased at her solution, "At the least, seventeen is faster than one, right?" Chrysie dropped her hands, "They should keep doing that... kind of like a roomba, turning around when they bump into rock or the like, until I tell them to do otherwise. Will that be ok? Anywhere to avoid in the yard?"

Aelia Aeldyne Aelia Aeldyne

he nods. "thanks, it matters greatly that this helm is ready." he spoke with a more 'normal' accent at that. "dis helm came from a great warrior, who broke my pelvis with his dakkagun.. then i crushed da git when i fell over... i mean it was a good fight.." he trailed off. lost in thought.

Aelia Aeldyne Aelia Aeldyne ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

Users who are viewing this thread

Back