• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Zaphkiel - Beverly Hilton lounge

There was no way in heaven or hell she would listen to the ramblings of what decidedly seemed like a deranged child, albeit one who was in control of a humongous machine. Especially not one who seemed to have a bias for violence, irrationality and overall madness. Now... she had to put on a show of force, not only to deter her from trying to get them to come with her, but also to give a perfectly clear understanding of the situation to anyone here - should they prove a threat to Enzo or herself she would not hold back; and even diminished to less than one tenth of what she should be capable of, she remained an unequivocally lethal threat to about anybody.

She could feel the power surge as she prepared her move. When she unleashed it, a wave of heat ran through the lounge, enough to instantly dry a few of the glasses that the other customers would've forgotten to sip empty before the whole situation degenerated into the current mess. From her eyes heat lines were forming, aimed towards the diminutive villain's center of mass, preluding to a powerful blast of concentrated light - in other words a laser blast, that would be powerful enough to vaporize the girl if she tried to push things. The Archangel's voice rang out in the heated air, ominous and sharp.

"We will not come. Leave now."

Even though she was saying those words with an unwavering steely tone, she couldn't help but feel her energy dropping sharply, and not from the attack she was preparing. Someone was tugging at - no, directly tapping in the energy she would in normal circumstances be able to use. They had this right, for the defences of the Akashic Records deep within her mind had not reacted to the drain of energy, but the moment was the worst possible. Her throat grew dry, and when she felt a drop of blood trickling from the corner of her mouth she sent a powerful telepathic wave from inside the Records themselves - "Please stop"

Deathkitten Deathkitten Kyrenka Kyrenka

Last edited:
Teslie
The girl grimaced, wincing visibly at the heatwave as she looked behind the angel at Enzo. Could he stand that alright? What had she done to deserve such treatment? She hadn't even done anything yet. Sadly, she climbed into her machine with a sour frown on her face, and looked back down at the two of them, "Fine fine. Geez... dramatic. You probably want to head out. I was just offering a fast way to do so. Word to the wise, if you're trying to stay on the down-low, such flashy displays of power when unnecessary is probably not a great way to do so."

She closed the door, immediately taking a huge sigh of relief at the cooler temperatures inside the machine. Crazy lady... she was gonna hurt someone like that. Teslie was a little disappointed that she didn't get new friends... the boy seemed so dissatisfied with people, and given he had a violent angel as a guard, she was right to peg him as interesting. Oh well... what to do now? She wanted donuts... A moment of pressing buttons and the machine ducked back into the earth, leaving a large hole in its wake and quite a bit of damage for the hotel to fix.

Aelia Aeldyne Aelia Aeldyne Kyrenka Kyrenka

Last edited:
Father Anderson
His glowing eyes stared at the serpent hiding in another's body... formed from another's body. Strange thing. Yes, it dodged his grabbing at it, but it seemed not to recognize that this was still what he had desired. He was inside the building. Anderson recoiled a little, internally, concerned for the children still in the building. The angel noted that they were not dumb, they were only young. His eyes did not falter from the serpent. Even when he spoke to Shade and Shade responded, his eyes did not lose their target.

"Give thought to this. Find your daughter and then it should be fine from there. It will be work, but you are no doubt willing to..." distraction. What was that? "Willing to do so." He completed his sentence, and his eyes moved from the serpent finally, looking off in a seemingly arbitrary direction. Zaphkiel. She requested Anderson stop.

Oh no. Please don't. I don't know what's going on that made them wish me to stop, but please don't run off.

"I will return. Make your decisions and leave. Return if you are in need of me, but leave the children to their jobs," he said, turning to look at Xasura and Serenity, "Do as you were asked and behave. I will return. I will ensure you are rewarded."

Fuck... Don't promise them a treat or something... and don't run off! I have work to do. It has been years since I've done this. My body can't handle it for long. I'm already sweating bullets.

Then I will not take long.

That doesn't actually solve the- Lord in Heaven... you're already going.

Trust when I say that Father would not mind. I am an archangel and she is my family, there is little that could stop me when I hear my sister's voice so concerned and soft.

Internally, Father Anderson shook with pain from the power that was now flowing through his body unhindered. As a popular show had once described, it was like being taken for a joyride by a comet. In a flash of light, massive wings sprouted from his back as he walked to the doorway of the church. He turned back and gave a smile to the children especially, "Do not fear. I simply have something I need to check on. When I return you shall have Father Anderson back... and for you two, do not cause problems for this cathedral or you will face far worse from myself. This place has our protection. If you wish for a place to talk, there is a cafe down the street. I hear that they have good crepes from Father Anderson."

Father Anderson groaned in his own mind. Xasura would be concerned. The boy was a worrier as much as he was a warrior. He had little time to think of this, however, as he took to the sky. The sensation was an odd one, like he was on one of those towers of terror rides. His body naturally tensing as it waited for the drop. The angel seemed to relish in this, but his expression was still a sour, concerned one. His brow furrowed. He sensed the location and his wings folded, dropping like a stone from the sky. His wings opened again before he hit the ground and he came to land outside the broken wall to the hotel. There had been some sort of battle here. Zaphkiel was intimidating and the air was warm. He could see his sister.

Confidence exuded from the man as he stepped inside, despite the sweat that dripped down the back of the neck of his host. Taking the robes off was a good idea, the tank top served to cool him down a little. With runes glowing brightly and wings tucked neatly behind his back, he approached, ignoring altogether the human that was among them.

"Zaphkiel?" he asked, voice that of Father Anderson, though she would surely know who it truly was, "Is it truly you?"

Fuck... Father Anderson whispered to himself on the inside. This wasn't going to be short. He was doomed. Later on once the angel left him he would pay the price for this. Exhaustion... perhaps even a hospital visit. There had been a time before where an angel deemed that there was an emergency while he was playing host to them. It was a week before he got his body back, and the angel hadn't eaten or drunken anything that entire time. He hoped it wouldn't be like that...

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Osuka Osuka Aelia Aeldyne Aelia Aeldyne

Last edited:
Scile

Scile simply watched as the ruffians were incinerated. With a boisterous laugh she grabbed the woman's lava like hand shaking it with a smile. Her hand barely burning agaisnt the lava like skin. "Your pretty strong! Dont know why you needed help but I'm glad to!" She said with energy shaking the poor girls hand repeatedly. "I'm Scile! The demon of justice!" She said proudly finally letting go. "So lass, mind telling me why some ruffians were after ya?" She said looking at the pile of molten lava where they once were"

Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving

~Enzo~
Beverly Hilton

1589244975572.png It was tempting. Not only was Teslie offering them a fool-proof escape method, but a potential partnership as well. On the other hand, he didn't like being a minion; he was the one in charge, not some kid who was probably so crazy that she probably thinks that could speak with animals. He didn't doubt that Zaphkiel could get them away, but his identity was probably being plastered everywhere at this very moment. Zaph could hide, but he couldn't. Teslie surely had some hideout that was out of reach from the authorities. Before Enzo could make up his mind though, Zaphkiel decided for him. The heat from her body was nothing new, something about lasers and angelic powers or some shit, so he just bore it for the moment. Just like that though, Teslie was gone; along with a surefire escape route and a potential ally. Now, all of the attention was on them. Fuck fuck fuck! Things had gone from bad to worse. She's right, we've attracted way too much attention. Grabbing Zaphkiel's arm, he ignored the slightly unnatural warmth her body still contained and hissed into her ear, "Get us out of here! We're too exposed!" He could feel his blood roaring through him as he finally let go of her and strained to hear for approaching sirens. Fuck. They would have to lay low for a bit. Maybe even leave L.A. all together. All because Zaph can't do anything right!

((Interacting with Aelia Aeldyne Aelia Aeldyne 's Zaphkiel | Mentioned Deathkitten Deathkitten 's Teslie))

Last edited:
~Kaden~
Penhouse Playstore
Kaden C.jpg Kaden raised an eyebrow at the man's rant. So someone is in charge of Tomb. Not a surprise, but before the brunet could open his mouth to ask for more details the owner had slammed his door shut. Oh cool, a wagon. The sentence was dripping with sarcasm but he ignored Mashu's comments for the millionth time in a row. At least you didn't have to pay for it. Although, you wouldn't have had to pay for it if you had just threatened to melt his face off. The teen nearly hurt himself with how hard he rolled his eyes at that one. Tomb was in disbelief at first and Kaden almost smiled. The urge quickly left when the giant turned away from the wagon and walked off. And you say I'm rude. Confused and a little annoyed, he followed Tomb to the alley. He was a lot less annoyed when he saw Tomb performing...magic? He's a mage? Kaden was under the impression that magic required extreme intelligence and, well, not to be rude but Tomb didn't seem like the type to understand something that complex. Maybe he's one of those types that is a genius in, like, one thing but can't even spell his own name. He had no idea what she was talking about. It wasn't hard to ignore her again in favor of following Tomb's hulking frame into the portal he had apparently summoned. Trailing behind, the brunet couldn't help but pause to take in his surroundings with wide eyes. It's beautiful. And flammable, Mashu whispered.

Shaking his head roughly in an attempt to silence the demon, the teen resumed following Tomb as they approached an abandoned train car. Tomb seemed proud of his lair, and Kaden had to admit it was a hell of a lot better than sleeping under a bridge. Although he eyed the lunchboxes with suspicion. Where the fuck did he get so many? He found himself caring very little when his apparent host mentioned food. Real food. His stomach helpfully growled, causing his face to heat up. Aww, is the poor little baby hungry? His cheeks became a deep red at Mashu's comment. Shut up! She cackled, and it took effort to stop himself from getting angrier. She's just trying to distract you. Tomb's voice was a welcome interruption. Blinking a few times as he regained his focus, Kaden lifted his hand up before letting it burst into flames. Kneeling down, he touched the pile of wood and watched as the flames spread to engulf the material as well. Glancing up at Tomb, he asked, "That good?"

((Interacting with Trashler Trashler 's Tomb))

1588046700293.png

1589257144986.png

Tomb nodded in approval at the Fireman's work and began to brew his stew. Tomb looked at the body of the man before he got up and walked towards a wall covered in the bioluminescent plants. "You seem meatless, Fire-man. Not big and strong like Tomb, I fix this.", He yelled, grabbing one of the plants off the wall, making his way back to the fire. He removed the glowing bulb of the plant, and threw it into the pot, causing it to become a bright glowy blue. He stirred the pot with a nearby stick, before sitting down on a large log laying on the ground beneath him. His mask slowly began to fade, 1589255496730.pngand peel back into the collar he wore. His eyes stared deeply into the blaze of the fire, almost entranced when he suddenly looked up towards the Fire-man. "Brain voice does not seem nice to you, maybe it like my soup? It let think better, use to calm down. If plan to stay here at the Choo Choo, I must tell rules. Rule one, don't go through fridge, it mine. Two, no touch lunchboxes, THEY MINE. And three, don't go into tunnels, it home for darker things." Tomb spoke softly, shuttering at the last rule.

Tomb looked at the stew inside the pot, and nodded in approval, heading towards the pile of lunchboxes, and grabbing two from the pile. He walked back towards the pot and scooped out the glowing liquid into the two lunchboxes, and after doing so, placed Kaden's at his feet. Tomb sipped the lunchbox, seeming to enjoy the concoction he had made. Many things did not transfer from his old identity, but his ability to cook still stayed. The flavor of the soup was alien to say the least, somehow being both salty, fruity, and sweet at the same time. It was utterly delicious to most sane people. The alien bulb of the plant gave the soup some side effects, which usually depended on the person drinking it. For Tomb, the concoction helped him think more thoroughly and allowed him to calm. The Fireman might react in a number of ways, but most side effects were unharmful to the user, and really only adding psychological benefit.

Tomb had quickly slurped his portion of the soup and suddenly threw his lunchbox back into the pile. "This place nice, people no know about it, so can't ruin it with stupid cars and buildings. City is full of places like home, kept secret by smart door. I want keep it that way, and I hope you too, Fireman." Tomb spoke tenderly, putting his focus back on the fire. He stared in silence for a little bit, looking at the fire somberly, while the ambiance of the tunnels rang out around them. Crickets chirped around them, while the glowing plants seemed to produce a soft hum. The fire crackled on the floor, echoing its sound across the tunnel. Tomb liked it here and found that this was his happy place whenever he needed a breather.

Interactions:[ Kyrenka Kyrenka 's Kaden]

1589283880592.pngJupiter - The Bank
"Well, well, it looks like we've got an energy absorber on our hands," she said, grinning at Caesar as his attack was absorbed, "Hot. Wanna overload her?" Hah. She thought they were naive! As funny as that was, they'd have to rebuild their reputation. Annoying. With the ping pong ball sized bomb landing at their feet, Jupiter barely reacted, sure that Caesar would absorb the blast himself, and even if he didn't, she hadn't drawn all over her arms for nothing. So as it landed, she walked forward, calmly keeping her eyes on the villain.

"So, lady, what's your whole thing? Hm? We've been gone a while. Are you a big deal or are you little shit? You've got a little firepower, but I mean, who doesn't?" she grinned, one hand cracking the knuckles of the other, her arms glowing with their symbols, "I almost don't want you to end up in jail so soon after we meet. It's nice to have a little tit for tat. Lord Caesar here, he's the S-class, though you were probably a little kid back then. He's the scary one."

As she stepped forward, a circle of magic, black as the void itself, appeared beneath her feet, "I'm just excited. Adrenaline pumping, you know? There's so much shit going on I don't know yet. So much I have to catch up on... but you. Oh, you and your ilk. I love this job. I am curious though, what'd you want? Like... why bother with something like this? The black market's easier to make money on. Robbing a bank is so 1970. It's lame. It makes you look like a half-rate piece of shit villain with no creativity." She laughed and sighed, "And hostages? Really? Did you read some comics and think you'd be a big badie? Inefficient. Poorly thought out. A great way to just get more heat on your head. I swear, heroes would make way better villains than most of you sludge."

Her sentence finished, and the magic circle blinked once before bursting outwards and disappearing. Another circle appeared nearer to Havoc, this time a portal that produced a large hell-hound-like creature. Growling and snarling, it took one look at the person in front of it, Havoc, and decided that she was its target. It lunged forward, jaw snapping.

"Careful, dear. He's a little irritated I pulled him."

Osuka Osuka Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

Rita Quinn - Paradox.

Rita was currently terrified to say the least. Nothing was going right. The team she was with was mostly knocked out. An S-class was here. And she had almost fainted from anxiety. Seeing the hellhound appear she did the only thing she was good at. Use her abilities. "Dont harm boss!" She closed her eyes and gripped her fists tight. And with much concentration she lifted the hellhound into the air keeping it away from Havoc. As she timidly avoided any of the fire she walked over to sherm. Most of her concentration focused on the hellhound. This thing was insanely heavy! Looking at sherm still hacking the vault she got in between him and the wall "Damn hostage. Open the vault or something.... please!" She said her eyes closed using him like a human shield. The hellhound still suspended above the fight. This was the most she could do to help boss. She wasnt strong enough yet.

Sherm Tristan.

"You know... I saw videos and stuff of them when I was a kid.... but it's kind of a let down to know that these two are so narcissistic" sherm mumbled allowed as he ignored the child using him as a meat shield. With one final press of his PDA the vault door unlocked and began opening. "PDA make memo.... give LA bank new security system free of costs..... hopefully that will lessen the fact I just did this" he told his pda sighing and watching the heroes. Not minding the brat behind him. Unconsciously moving and arm out some protectively.

Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving Deathkitten Deathkitten

(I promise I'll make it look fancier in an edit but I'm tired and on mobile)

Zaphkiel - Beverly Hilton Lounge

As the small villain departed in her giant robot, Zaphkiel's burning gaze subsided, the heat waning away as her eyes cooled off and the sudden change in temperature ushered a gust of chilly breeze across the devastated lounge. Though she had no time to consider her next course of action, as from the side Enzo was tugging on her sleeve and from the front another angelic shape had appeared. She recognized not the body, a well-built frame crowned by blond hair and wearing a bland tank top - albeit the man certainly bore her mark as she could feel traces of her own power streaking across his body; the soul inside was however no foreigner to her and she winced when she recognized Uriel's signature. Her brother certainly had the habit of body-surfing like this.

That said she could not leave the situation be like this. Entirely disregarding Enzo and the newcoming archangelic issue, she tacked her spear in the ground and with a quick clap of her hands produced a small dozen music instruments - flutes of light - and sent the surrounding air whirling through them. The haunting melody that seeped from the flutes took an almost physical form, strange strands of gold and purple light as she poured her will into the score, weaving a web of absence around the three of them, wreathing their personae in blissful ignorance from the other people in the lounge. And as the melody kept playing and the flutes hovering, the customers and hotel staff were still running around terrorized by the unfolded events of the previous minutes, but it was as if neither the Archangels nor the man had even been here to begin with - though they still unconsciously avoided the three of them as they ran past.

Pulling her spear from the ground, she pointed it at the other angel's throat, her stance definitely not friendly towards the newcomer. When she spoke her voice was ice-cold, and the red light born of her anger that surrounded her waned, replaced by a simmering blueish chilly mist of resentment. The venom in her words could send shivers down even a demon's spine at this very moment.

"It has been four years, Uriel. You seem to be doing well."

Last edited:
Uriel - Beverly Hilton Lounge
He touched the tip of the spear with two fingers, looking down the length of it with a deep, sad expression on his face. He looked as though he wanted to weep, though he did not. He looked up at Zaphkiel, "I am busier than ever before. I have been drowned in my work, but I have missed you. We all have missed you. Michael is just trying to do Father's work... to try to figure out what he would want... you... you know we have to protect people like him... like this man that I'm inhabiting as well. They're one and the same, Enzo and he. I would have you home instantly instead of stuck here, physically protecting him in such a miserable state... if only I could."

Uriel gripped the end of the spear, ignoring the people running about altogether, "Your situation is not normal... but I couldn't just... abscond from my duties. I... I shouldn't have even come now. I'll get chastised for it... That doesn't matter right now, though." He moved past the tip of the spear towards her, pushing it to the side, "Sister... I want to help you. You know four years is a blink of an eye to Heaven. We do not make changes quickly. A strange situation like this, with no precedent? I do not think Michael knows what to do."

He sighed and forced a smile to his face, one that did not touch his eyes. He pained for his sister. "I might have a few ideas. They were simply nothing more than ideas, but feeling you... I could not stop myself from coming to see you. Since I am here I may as well discuss them with you. We need to talk. Show me to your ward's home. We can talk in private. As much as I love my brother, I don't want him panicking over ideas that may not even happen." Uriel reached out to her, palm up, "Please. I have missed you. I hate to see you in pain... to be so weakened in this state. Allow me to at least try to help."

Aelia Aeldyne Aelia Aeldyne Kyrenka Kyrenka

Athra // Corvo - LA Cathedral

The man - the thing, the whatever was leaving an impression of clear insanity on the both of them. While they were no saints nor sages themselves - each of them thinking, "especially the other", at least madness wasn't part of their portfolio of mental disorders, though they both sported an impressive collection of those. Which gave place, in the span of seconds, to this conversation between their minds.

"He is more of a peculiar specimen than you ever were."

"That's grand coming from you, ya know that ? What you gonna say next, "hurr durr you look more level-minded than him" ? Fahck off"

"No, I think you match him point for point in terms of insanity. He does sound to have an interesting history, though."

"Interesting history, gnagnagna, don't give me that shit he's just another freak like you !"

"At least I have the decency to not call myself a god while I still have not achieved that particular goal. This individual seems to harbor some particular pride towards what sound like self-granted titles."

"I'll give you that."

"You will also give me the pleasure of shutting it now or I reconstruct your nerves with the sole purpose of slapping you in the face."

With that scathing reply, the dead ghoul wisely chose to not push the dragon further, and within the next second their focus was brought back to the strange being.

"I dabble not in demonology, kaleid one. I however am able to provide a safe harbor for souls if you desire so, and with my current available resources should be able to let them be in your presence. Should battle erupt, I can also prove myself a capable wizard. As for the price I demand... I am pursuing a goal of my own and I require an assistant for certain tasks or to run errands. Think of it as a part-time employment if you will."

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

Shade

This thing didn't understand demonology, and for that sole reason alone did his worth seem to lessen a bit. He would undoubtedly have his uses, but for this very niche selection...no. A safe harbor for souls was tempting, though it would have to be considered for a short time. He didn't know enough about this entity to go striking deals, let alone letting his wife and daughter be harbored by it. "I am willing to strike an agreement with you...I need to find a mage as I said, someone skilled and with a low chance of failure. Someone who can make sure a soul is not torn from my grip from this demon...I need no aid in battle though the thought is noted. I will grant you fair aid for this if you can do the same. To say we trust each other is a lie, as there is much neither of us knows of the other...Is this agreeable?"
Aelia Aeldyne Aelia Aeldyne

Zaphkiel and Uriel - Beverly Hilton lounge - Post made with Deathkitten Deathkitten

She jerked her spear out of Uriel's hand, taking a step back to reposition the weapon between the two of them. Her stance was unwavering, her eyes cold still and her voice no warmer, if only more serpentine, more accusatory. A little bit more resentful. "So for you, four years fly by like nothing... For four years worth of suffering I found myself dancing with Azraël less than ten minutes ago. I came THAT CLOSE to letting myself die. Four years is how late you are, brother."

He protested, raising his voice a little. "I couldn't come ! You say four years, but that's a drop in the bucket compared to what some of our siblings have had to endure before. I hate it, but it doesn't change that it isn't enough time to get Michael to change his stubborn mind !!!" He sighed heavily, shoulders dropping. "I do have ideas... And if they do not work... I think I might have blackmail material to make him comply..." He looked away, looking embarrassed about what he had just revealed.

Zaphkiel's anger flared at those words, her wings unfurling like a nove, or a blot of pristine ink upon a pitch-black sheet. She snarled, lashing out at him with sheer rage in her voice, her words barely articulate as she spurted them out. How dared he..? HOW DARED HE ?! "You think that I haven't suffered !? Do I have to remind you of the battle of the eastern gate ?! When I stood alone with my legion, obeying Michael's orders like a good dog and no one came when we needed it ! Surely you remember that I used to have nine pairs of wings, do you ? Surely you remember how I lost the two others, since Baal still has them hanging above his throne, brother !!" Her face was a stone mask of pure rage and contempt, teeth bared at the sibling of hers who denied her suffering.

Uriel took a step back, prudently retreating in front of his sister's fury. "I'm not saying that you haven't suffered before ! I'm - GAH !" He looked down, saddened by Zaphkiel's rage. "I'm saying that you don't deserve to suffer, and that I want to help you and that I am SORRY. No one disobeys Michael. I... I couldn't come to you..." He exhaled, trying to get the words out of the man he was inhabiting's mouth. "I am breaking rules now because I couldn't help it with you being so close. So stop being angry and accept my help, damnit. You can hit Michael a bunch when you're home. Hells, you can even hit me a bunch. I don't care. Just... when you're home."

She was both glowing and glowering at him, her piercing gaze staring into his in silence, wings standing spread out, rage shining in her eyes. For a tense second, neither of them wasn't sure that she wasn't going to snap and attack him... And she just deflated, her wings falling in her back and vanishing as they folded, lowering her spear to the ground. Her voice was low, trembling with restrained fury. "Sure I will... Now... What do you suggest ?"

Alexandria Norman
AKA: Machina
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand he downed it. She wanted to slap herself for having forgotten that he takes orders rather than questions them. She'd have to make a note to do it later. Instead, Alexandria let out a slow, steady sigh as she watched the man chug down the water, take the pill, and then ask his questions. The first was absolutely ridiculous. Anyone who could sense magick would have been able to tell that she had no magickal aptitude. She hadn't used it in all her life as far as she knew, and she wasn't about to now considering she was basically a technological goddess. As far as the strange armor went.... It was... Something more of an insult. Machina, to Alexandria, was not strange, and she found herself crossing her arms in defiance as she looked down to the man in the actual strange armor.

"First of all," she started, waving a hand. "Machina is not strange. Machina is my augmented armor suit, capable of withstanding what's likely at least just as much as that Lich-chic armor you wear.

"Second of all, you're no longer in your world. You're on planet Earth, a planet of somewhat technological advancement considering our alien neighbors, but at that point, I would say it's more different than it is superior. You've landed in our world about a decade after our biggest bloodbath between Supers and a terrorist group called the Occard Alliance, and you're in the lair of an ex-villain named Alexandria Norman - that's me. I'm what they call a 'Hero,' now, but the title pisses me off when you consider some in such company.

"I used to roll with Villains, but I've only killed once. It's a better track record than most heroes, anyway..."

(Sorry it's short)
Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

Fay Fluorite
AKA: Celesteon

Waiting in this instance wasn't Fay's favorite activity, considering his earlier tone. To him, breaking into something like a library was tantamount to heresy and abuse of knowledge, though why he wasn't exactly sure. It was something that bothered him to no end. Why exactly would someone break into a library under reconstruction was beyond him, lest that library held information like the floor plans of businesses or something more dangerous, and the former was already bad enough. With those, the person in question could use the maps and such for things like heists, and if it was certain organizations that were actually helpful and not just a capitalistic entrepreneurship succeeding in causes that were only trivial, then it could end up being even worse. Cancer treatment centers are normally wont to gather resources and information that could be beneficial for the whole of society, but if say, a villain with enough knowledge could steal what could be given to all for free or of low-cost and instead capitalized on the rights to it, they could have a larger-scale insulin scandal.

No one wanted another insulin scandal, and no one should have to pay such a high cost in order to be well again.

It was only one example, though. The moment Fay had exited Jewel's car, he was moving, but found himself eager to keep doing so when Jewel slammed on the proverbial brakes. Aiko, on his shoulder, was quick to spit forth his staff- perfectly clean, and gave a happy little chirp as Fay's hand mindlessly reached up to pet the little Filigree while he listened. The only thing he didn't like was giving up the element of surprise. If they moved in and found the person in question - dumb rebel teenager or not, they'd be more hard-pressed to resist, and libraries could allow even just two people to easily surround their target. He had to play by her rules, though, and with a sigh and a nod of confirmation, Fay took his position beside Jewel before she started her speech.

Of course, things weren't going to go their way exactly. What began as an awkward, zit-cursed teenager had wound up as something that Fay actually found himself personally insulted by. What stood before them after the crashing of shelves and his sudden reflex to close at least some distance was none other than something that, far as he concerned, didn't exist in magizoology or any sort of report on mythical creatures as a whole. Instead, it was a rip-off of what bog witches liked to call "Green Men," which were just glorified managers in such swampy areas.

What was before a visage of surprise and concern had shifted to something less worried and much.... Darker wasn't the right idea, considering Fay didn't have any overtly malevolent intent, but disappointment was something that was easily readable on his now flat expression.

"You know," he started. "I was going to give the benefit of the doubt, but I think I called it."

With that said, and a quick motion of his hand, Fay slashed at the flat of his palm with one of the many fanned blades atop his staff, then planted it firmly against the ground. Around him, for the next five yards, suddenly exploded in a brilliant flash of white as his quick, dirty casting of a Mage's Circle, in all its simple intricacies, erupted to life. A Mage of his school may call it simplistic, but what had become of the glowing patterns were something of an almost otherworldly language that slithered and coiled around geometric patterns splayed out beneath his feet and within the circle. The field itself seemed to nearly breathe as it took in the mana of its caster, and a thud of the butt of his staff to the ground made it erupt once more. At this point, he was only hoping that Jewel was on the move.

"Demaera Kreth," Fay muttered as he kept his eyes locked on the creature. "From the Darkest of Shadows, dragged to the Light of Day, Heed my Call and do my bidding."

One final pulse of light would ripple, but upon crossing the border of his circle, one could feel the weight of the air become far more than what it had once been. The tile of the library's floor itself almost seemed to creak throughout the building, and as the ripple had once went forth, it would snap back inward, then coalesce upon the caster - Fay, and the circle would collapse. Along his cloak and his flesh, the runes and shapes pulled upward and imprinted. The library, for the moment, had now been imprinted along the little mage, and the library was now wont to be at his beck and call. The many books that were still upon shelves during the beginning of its construction shook and began to flit from their shelves, each page and each binding glowing in incandescent blue.

"Dominion of Suppression."

His final call had sealed the quick pact he had made with the Aether, and what he could not control - the computer towers blinking as they hibernated, the dim lights of the many rooms and corridors, and the phones that had yet to be disconnected, would shut down and seem to sleep. What could be observed was the room they currently stood in take on its own hue - the hue of its temporary Master.

"Cease and come quietly," he said, his rite now complete. "Run, and I will find you. Fight and I will weigh you down with more than your soul may hope to bear - and drop the act. That thing doesn't even exist, and it's insulting."

Trashler Trashler Deathkitten Deathkitten

~Enzo~
Beverly Hilton

1589411621737.png Enzo was...lost. No, he was beyond lost. Zaphkiel and this new guy might as well have been speaking another language for how well he was able to follow. He wasn't really a religious guy so he had never paid much attention to Christianity and its relatives. He only gave a fraction of a fuck when Zaphkiel came to him, but he still didn't care to listen to her prattle on about her siblings or the things they do or other bullshit. Maybe I should've. It was easier to not fear the other angels when they stayed up in Heaven, but now that there was one right in front of him Enzo felt like an ant. Zaphkiel will protect me. It was her duty after all; the only question was, was she tougher than this guy if he decided to attack? Listening to the conversation while staying behind his guardian angel, like a dark parasite on her back, he felt his eyes narrow at Zaphkiel's mention of dying. Was that what caused my panic attack? There was no other reasonable explanation. She had said that they were connected and that she could sense things because of it, but how far did that extend? Was it a two-way street? It seemed far-fetched, but it was the best explanation he could come up with. Selfish bitch. He quietly fumed with rage behind her as the angels continued talking. She was going to throw away her life when I need her? Unbelievable! Still, that meant he had to take on a different approach. If she was willing to let herself die when she was bound to protect him, that meant that Enzo's methods of keeping her glued to his sides were flawed, as little as he liked to admit it.

If fear wasn't working, then what about guilt? The angels seemed so tightly bound to their obligations that maybe he could use that to his advantage. Guilt her into staying; after all, who would protect him once she was gone? Brows furrowing into a glare, Enzo made up his mind. Guilt Zaphkiel into staying. Was she a pompous bitch? Yes. Was she powerful? Also yes. She didn't have the imagination that he had though. Didn't even have half of a brain to contemplate using her powers for something other than doing what Daddy dearest commanded. That's why she needed to listen to him! Enzo knew how to use her powers; and if angels were really concerned about his life then they should be helping him live it to the fullest rather than only stepping in when some freak demon comes out of the woodwork. Uriel's going to try and take her away. He couldn't let that happen. Something needed to be done, not now of course, but he couldn't let Zaphkiel leave him. Either she stayed or...well, she wouldn't be going back to Heaven if Enzo had anything to say about it.

((Near and Mentioning Deathkitten Deathkitten 's Uriel and Aelia Aeldyne Aelia Aeldyne 's Zaphkiel))

1588664757179.png

1588664808798.png

Zanite looked at the man with an appalled face, reading he was a sorcerer. Zanite had a distaste for magic and had always preferred scientific methods of powers. Magic was much too flashy for his taste, and it hardly ever seemed to leave a lasting impact on an audience. He gave a low sigh before he began his transformation into his human form, which took a few seconds at most. A metallic swarm surrounded the disappointing creature, turning it into a modest-looking man with cybernetic augments. "I apologize for the disappointing reveal, but I've been in a hibernating state for quite some time. This world is new to me, and I came here to seek some information. I value knowledge, and to fight in a place like this, would destroy the knowledge locked inside. I have only broken into the building, so my charges will be at a substantially lower cost, than repairing myself after a fight. It is only logical to act in a passive way, so if you don't mind, Mage, I would like to be civil about this.", Zanite spoke in a robotic manner, offering very little emotion in his tone of voice.

He stepped forward to the pair, and placed his hands in the air. "The name is Zanite, and it's a pleasure to meet you." He spoke with a punctual tone, showing no threat to the two. "I would also work on your threatening, good sir. Adding a detail or two goes a long way."

[Interactions: Osuka Osuka 's Fay, Deathkitten Deathkitten 's Jewel]

Caesar Aphera
AKA: Lord Caesar

An elemental absorptionist, was she? A grin seemed to spread over Caesar's face, pearly whites flashing and dripping malicious intent as he stepped forward. The girl absorbing all of his flames had made her play her hand, and the moment she did, she was suddenly playing his game. Caesar knew what was coming next with the type he was being matched up against, and the moment it came hurling back towards them, he was already standing in front of Jupiter and slashing his hand forward. The tips of his fingers, clinched tightly together as if a knife slicing the air in front of him suddenly erupted in explosive force, but he had control. In fact, this was the best he's felt even since the last time he was alive. The concussive blast was enough to match the force behind the ball of energy that burst at their feet, but had matched so well that nary was a sound to be had. The flames in which he called licked at the air in fruition and hunger for more before having dissipated, and the moment Jupiter's hound went forward, he was off.

There was no more need to talk. The telekinetic that was assisting the Absorptionist was going to be first, in fact, and when he took off, it was as if a bolt of lightning, his body carried by the sheer force of his flames as he rocketed off at a forty-five degree angle to his right. A second later, he was angling back towards the telekinetic that had held Jupiter's hound hostage to orient himself in order to not catch the red-headed (good on him) civilian hacking the safe in the mix, and he would begin.

She was struggling to hold onto the hellhound and he could tell. The speed that he had built up in order to begin closing the distance between the two and the control in which he held of it could be called artistry in motion as bright flames suddenly blasted from his hand, filling the room in incandescent light before he would be no more than ten feet from the woman. She was a telekinetic, and an adult, and as such had a responsibility that she obviously shirked. She could've went into lifesaving rescue operations like lifting rubble off of civilians or saving them from burning buildings, but she was here, robbing a bank, causing fear and panic, and he wasn't having it. The moment Caesar was in range, his body would appear to reel backwards as his right foot slammed out and upward towards her solar plexus. If she was caught by his attack, it would be enough to not only knock the wind out of her, but lift her from the ground entirely. He wasn't going to go easy on her even if she asked nicely considering the implications of the situation.

Some may have called his methods excessive or maybe even counter-intuitive to the situation given their opponents at the moment, but they hadn't seen what he's seen, and they haven't dealt with some of the situations he'd been in. Telekinetics were a problem no matter how powerful they were, and if they were going to be in the fight, they had better readied themselves for being the first on the list.

Besides, Jupiter could handle an absorptionist, at the least, and if the woman wasn't just that, he still wasn't too worried.

Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving Deathkitten Deathkitten Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

Last edited:
D22F2592-179F-448D-8380-78C345ED56EE.jpeg
Havoc
Interaction: Deathkitten Deathkitten Osuka Osuka Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

Havoc did quite enjoy the almost flirtatiousness to the girls words. Cupping her own cheeks cutely as she swayed her hips back and forth a little. “Oh you keep talking like that darling and I’m gonna be all hot and bothered.” She moaned out to the woman with a smirk as her eyes met hers. Havocs smirk widened as she heard the vault opening and giggled. “Oh sexy no. I know it’s old fashioned but I’m not robbing this place for the money......” She cooed as aanother ping pong ball formed in her hand. She all but ignored the dog after hearing her cute little girl had it. She blindly tossed the ball over her shoulder and it zipped straight into the vault as her eyes locked on the man, though still kept awareness of the girl as the ball exploded inside the vault, shaking the buildings foundation again as it tore apart the inside and the valuables within.

She ran an interception course on the mans path, she knew who he was rushing for and wouldn’t let him get there. As she did she dropped a hand to the ground and more ping pong ball bombs started to flood from her hand all over the banks floor. In a matter of seconds the ground was flooded with them, thousands engulfing the banks floor between Havoc and the other woman but the balls didn’t go off, they sat there like mines waiting for the girl to try and make a move. Of course though Havoc couldn’t just keep the girl waiting now could she? It’s never good to get a girl all worked up and leave her half cocked. Another little ball went flying at her feet and when it landed it wasn’t an explosion. An deafening crack of thunder rocked the room as multiple arcs of lightning tree’d out from the balls point of origin, rushing right at the woman in the blink of an eye while havoc continued her course towards Cesar. She mentally cursed as she reached a hand up to absorb the fire engulfing the room with one hand while the other reached out towards Cesar. From it strands of lightning Rocketed through the air with that same deafening crack and boom straight for him as she fell into a slide to get as close as possible.

“Stupid fucking hero’s going after a little girl. You’re boyfriends a buzz kill baby girl!”
Havoc yelled out to the female hero as she did these motions. Her focus staying on making sure Her and her little girl survived for now.​

Airport - Mazok

He ascended the stair case, dakka gun ready as he kept moving up. the orks behind him keeping close as he scans the rooms, waiting for someone to start shooting. "keep yer 'eads on a swivel, we'z got hostages to protect."

Aelia Aeldyne Aelia Aeldyne

Sherm

Sherm was watching as the vault opened before turning to havoc and seeing the ball being thrown into the vault. Oh no oh no oh no. As the explosion began be tried to grab the brat running off some but the brat shoved him away knocking him off balance. And letting the explosions force sweep him through the air "JESUS FUCKING SON OF MARY CHRIST" Sherm yelled thrown back by the explosion slamming him through the glass of one of the bank teller windows. "......what's the point of a hostage when your just gonna throw an explosion at him." He groaned laying on the glass unable to move well. ".... if any gods are listening. Yes even you zeus, what did I do to deserve this hell known as life?" He asked allowed as his eyes slowly closed. Passing out from blood loss.

Deathkitten Deathkitten Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving Osuka Osuka
(Just to finish sherm for the day

09:00 September 13th, 2058 - On the police scanner, the following can be heard for any Superheroes looking for potential jobs: (colored by urgency - red > yellow > green)
1589854934033.png
  • A farm from the game "Harvest Crossing" has appeared in the middle of Vermont Avenue near the intersection of Imperial Hwy. The farm is vacant of sentient life but seems to contain small creatures congruent with the game.
  • Submarine used by the terrorists of the black fang to approach the coast and attack the airport is to be located and neutralized as soon as possible. Thought to be immersed away from Santa Monica.
  • Supervillain Razka is causing havoc in downtown LA. Apprehension required at the earliest opportunity.
  • A large suit of armor was spotted on the edge of central park destroying some construction equipment and terrorizing workers.
  • The Beverly Hilton has reported a string of thefts over the course of the week. All victims have been high-profile individuals, though all victims have later retracted their statements. Further investigation is strongly suggested.

Last edited:
Natalie Brenton (Soulflare)

The young woman sat on the edge of the massive mattress, chewing on some trail mix thoughtfully as she watched the morning news. So, three presumed dead heroes were back from the dead? Strange that, but also not her place to ask questions right now. If the Church wasn't sending her a text or an email demanding she change gears and look into it, it wasn't really high on her agenda. She had gotten Shield or rather Darren registered as her prohibitionary apprentice and now she had a few things to do. Such as see his physical limits, how much stamina he had, his mental acuity...personal testing. She had 'invited' him into the room, that is to say, dragged him in by his arm. Shield had been provided a bedroom right next to hers, a lush high-class hotel room all for the boy who couldn't feel anything...maybe he felt impressed, or at least comfy. One could hope.

"Alright then, so," soft British accent cutting the air, the punk-looking woman brushing some hair behind her ear. "Unless I have too, I'm not going out today. Because you need to be put through the wringer and I need to drill you. This means we're going to see how much stamina you have, how sharp your mind is, how strong you are, the basics. I'll also place some calls around to get you any equipment you need. Medical, self-defense, you name it...Right, self-defense. I'm going to teach you how to throw a punch and defend yourself because you're absolutely dog shite if someone puts you in a headlock or say...grabs your ear?" She flashed him a cheeky smirk before standing up, popping a few M&M's into her mouth from the bag of trailmix before stowing it in her pocket.

"A few things to establish though love. Off duty, I'm Natalie, don't call me by my alias off duty. Secondly, if my skull ever goes black and the flame turns green, I need you to take cover with any civilians you can. That's about it really. So...what do you want to do first? You're going to hate today, probably...maybe? But after we're done I'll treat you or something. Sound fun love?" She cracked her knuckles in front of her, grinning wide. The boy was just a wall right now in the sense he couldn't feel anything...eventually she was going to have to test if hellfire had any effect. But right now, that's all he was, a wall without training. She was going to have to break him in...it'd be fun!
Deathkitten Deathkitten

Black fang hunting.

Mazok emerged from the hospital, making his way over to his allies with the shattered helmet and the odd gun in hand as he walked, using his shoota as a impromptu cane as he walked. pistol and Riot shield keeping nearby as he walked. approaching a phone booth and fitting himself inside the box. after witch, with his guards watching out he paid and dialed a number waiting for the operator.

shield2.jpgDarren
Change of clothes, a long-ass shower, and a hard time falling asleep. Darren spent an eon looking at the ceiling, wondering what he had gotten himself into. Even he with his dulled senses could tell the texture of the bed he was in was so soft. It was nicer than anything he had ever had. Tears rolled down his cheeks as he fell asleep.

In the morning, he spent a while readying his hair, braiding it into a large silver tail, shortening it a good two thirds so it wouldn't get in the way. Same as yesterday, he was dressed nicely, and while not being a total twerp and stealing something, he was even pretty handsome. After walking into the suite, he just listened silently to his new mentor. She looked strange to him, not on fire. Huh. She was cute, too. Weird. He looked away when she stood. Her accent brought back memories... made him want to cry. A few quick blinks and the feeling went away.

"Nice to meet you then, Natalie," he started, half a mumble, but with a sudden, thick Welsh accent. He cleared his throat, cheeks feeling hot, the accent gone, "Erm... I guess you can call me Darren when we aren't out being crazy and fighting people or whatever. The first thing you need to know is that I guess... that I don't build up lactic acid. I don't get physically tired. Stamina training is useless. I'll get mentally tired but... eh. I wanna start with an explanation. What happens when you go all black and green?"

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

Users who are viewing this thread

Back