What's new
  • This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

    Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Storm King's Thunder: Main RP

Dice System
D&D 5e
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here

Ellya

oi mate
Dethrix Dethrix TeikiFox TeikiFox
Unnerving was definitely most appropriate word to describe the near permanent smile on Xolkin's face. At first it seemed charming, but it would never take more than a good ten seconds to start doubting the sincerity of his smile. Of course, it was also possible that he was just a very friendly man and nothing more, right?

"Rein! A beautiful name for a beautiful young woman! It does indeed seem the gods favor us both this day, a coincidence of this kind is sure to have some divine influence involved..." It was impossible to tell if he was even being sarcastic or not. Rather quickly, he turned back around and just started making his way up the hill. "I hope you're hungry then, Rein, for both food and good company!"

Idea Idea
The small flying lizard creature turned its head when you sat down near it, raising it up and letting its wings spread a tiny bit while you approached. After realizing you were no threat, it curled back up and closed its eyes again though. Your traveling companions weren't gone for too long, and over the course of the next few minutes, the entire party gradually got back together again. First the scouts that were sent out came back to camp one by one, throwing their weapons down and relaxing, one massaging their own legs, another lying down in the grass with his hands on behind his head. The noble Hommett also came back to camp, sweat glistening on his forehead as he grabbed what looked to be a sheepskin from where he sat to drive the cart and threw it down on the ground, then sat down on it with a big smile and an exaggerated sigh. "Ahh... Rest!" he chuckled softly, but wasn't acknowledged by anyone. Soon, the human and the tiefling descended back down the hill. The female moved back to the cart and crawled inside a bit, the tiefling coming to help, likely to carry the chicken everyone was apparently going to eat.

Dethrix Dethrix TeikiFox TeikiFox
Xolkin moved at a steady pace, seemingly just assuming you'd follow while explaining a few more ground rules to the new girl. "Travelers such as us, even Lark and yourself, all have their own purposes. I am of the belief that if one's road is the same as another, nothing more must be shared than that road. Perhaps food and some laughter, but most insist on keeping their private matters private. That is why my companions will not share their names with you. If you have questions, you ask them to me, and you know my name already."

Lark would notice that this is very, very similar to the speech he got when he first joined the camp. This made it all the more clear that they tended to take on stray travelers quite frequently. At this point, you all descended down the hill, and Esvele could see everything and everyone quite clearly from this slightly elevated position.

A large cart currently had two persons in it, the human and the tiefling you briefly saw on the hill before. Behind it were a total of nine horses, all loosely tied to the side of the cart and currently enjoying a drink of water. The was a central campfire around which sat and lied a total of six individuals now: four of them dressed similarly as Xolkin and the two you saw before, one plump, balding human male dressed in finer but now dirty-looking silks, and... what looked to be an almost humanoid-looking contraption of metal and lights. You could swear it was just some kind of strange machine, until you saw it subtly moving and looking around occasionally. Like it was alive.

"The machine calls itself May. And the fat one is called Hommett. The rest of them, you may call "Where is Xolkin"," he smiled while turning his head for a second, then adressing the entire camp. "Friends! More cause to celebrate still, another joins us on our road. Rein is a good friend of our friend Lark, and thus we will treat her as we treat him!" With a wide smile, he made his way back to where he originally sat around the fire and sat down again. All of the similarly dressed - you assume his original companions - merely give a quick nod to acknowledge your presence, not seeming particularly open to long conversations, except for the nobleman who quickly raised his hand and waved, calling out a cheerful "Ah, how wonderful! A fine day to you, m'lady!"
 
Last edited:

Lazaro1505

Skeleton Boi
Attributes
Str: 10
Dex: 20 / +5
Con: 12 / +1
Int: 13 / +1
Wis: 14 / +2
Cha: 8 / -1

Level: 1
Class: Alchemist
Hit Points: 9
Hit Dice: 1d8

Armor Class: 16
Initiative: +5
Passive Perception: 14
9108DFFD-E7A4-4265-BAE3-BAED8B42BA31.jpeg
Timmothy Wahnabe.Jr

Log 2.... Begin:

Ah.... so it appears that all of this was just a simple misconception, Timmothy had thought to himself, as he slowly gotten up from the floor and began wiping some of the dust and dirt on his pants, it’s best to stay clean after all. Now, recalling of what occurred throughout the situation... the leader seemed to be surprised about his action, as if he thought the Ratfolk would have performed another action instead, and this confused Timmothy for a bit, before explaining more, about Timmothy being in a sort of ‘clan’ and knew of the location of this ‘Gurrash’.... possibly the leader of this clan, and wanted more information about this individual and their next actions. Well, if this clan had a series of beast folk, including Ratfolk, then it was no wonder that they had mistaken him for another member of the clan... but the problem here is that he didn’t even knew of the existence about this clan and this ‘Gurrash’ until recently to which his information is still kept at the bare minimum.... which is just a name and clan.

Still, if he doesn’t provide a response soon, things may not go as well, as evident by the bow wielding wood elves behind the leader drawing their arrows back and being ready to fire at a whims notice... which would be a even more difficult situation to run out of, especially considering the fact that instead of them having their bows out earlier, they instead, are ready to fire upon him, and Timmothy wasn’t gonna take the odds of outrunning and dodging that many arrows at once. So, might as well be entirely honest, and provide much evidence to better help his case and defuse this situation before it gets hostile... as the Ratfolk then cleared his throat with a ‘Ahem’, before saying out loud in a completely neutral voice with little hints of change in pitch or volume.

“If you have mistaken me for another individual of this ‘clan’... then I must inform you that I have never heard about this clan until recently. As such, I have little information other than the name of the possible leader of this clan, as well as the clan itself. You surly must have mistaken me for another member of the clan... to which I believe have either beastfolk or Ratfolk... or a combination of the two within them if you have mistaken me for one of their members.”

“My name is Timmothy Wahnabe.Jr... not a name you expect from a member of my species... but one I had received. And I am a humble wandering scholar in search of new knowledge about the outside world and gain new ingredients to help further my pursuit of alchemy. I was currently wandering through the forest after arriving at a previous town to refresh my supplies and continue my journey, my next stop being that town in the distance over there.”


Timmothy had said with the utmost focus and calmness that definitely does not fit a Rat, much less, an Ratfolk in grave danger at any moment, as he then raised and pointed his left arm in the direction of the walled town, which was rather easy to see considering the view point they have from here and the trees not be as thick to block their sight completely. Then, he continued his ‘argument’ about his innocence... hopefully able to provide even more evidence to his claims and settle things peacefully:

“If you have difficulty trusting the claims I am creating... allow me to provide some more evidence of my innocence... if this enemy clan of yours is cowardly... then why would a single member of the clan would wander directly into your territory by his lonesome and expect to have a chance upon a foe’s own territory. As well as carry such equipment that wouldn’t make sense for a warrior... such as a chemistry kit or multiple empty tubes and bottles on his self. I could provide more evidence if you want... but just note, I am not a foe of yours, I am simply a wandering scholar who ha e managed to be brought into a situation he barely understands... such as that of a scholar traveling in foreign land. I wish no harm upon your people or culture, I simply want to continue on my way and peacefully settle this before unneeded violence will be initiated.”

Timmothy had finished his argument, remaining calm and speaking the utmost truth throughout the entire thing. He felt no need to lie, considering it would only worsen the situation if they managed to even find out just a small mistake within his words, and with this much weaponry aimed at his person, instead of taking his chances and running for it, he might as well try to settle it with words instead of action, after all, it’s pretty much the only safe bet he has right now.


Interaction:
Ellya Ellya

Mention:
Creek Creek
 

Creek

The Forbidden Word
Ellya Ellya Lazaro1505 Lazaro1505

Clan? Gurrash? Toric frowned from his position crouched in the bushes. He wasn't entirely sure what the elf was talking about, but it didn't seem correct. Clearly his rat friend didn't know either, which seemed odd to Toric. Didn't Timmothy know everything about the outside world, after all? He'd spoken of all sorts of different peoples, and strange arbitrary rules everyone had to somehow keep track of and follow, and exactly what sort of use the various shiny things he had collected might have. If he didn't know what the angry elf was talking about, it must either be something he'd just made up or something very secret. Or, Toric thought, maybe it was a problem that came from inside the forest? His new friend didn't seem to know much at all about the forest. But then it was Toric's job to know, and he didn't. He had originally thought this a simple matter of defending territory, maybe, where the elves didn't like some random person wandering in and wanted to chase them off, but that didn't seem to be the case. Perhaps it was part of one of the more complicated conflicts that happened in Ardeep from time to time; the other people who lived here never seemed to get along well with each other or outsiders. During the times when tensions were high and arrows were flying more frequently than usual he'd always found it best to lay low. Not a great option now, though.

It seemed that Timmothy hoped to reason his way out now -- not exactly the choice Toric would have made. The elf in charge was still displaying clear aggression despite Timmothy's own clear show that he meant no harm and was willing to cooperate. He didn't just want the rat man gone; he wanted information that clearly couldn't be given, or else he wanted death. There were entirely too many to fight, as well, and all were poised to strike. All signs pointed to this being a flight situation, not a fight one, and Toric wasn't convinced this new "talk" option would at all be a more effective one. However, Timmothy had already made his choice, so he supposed that would have to be the one they went with.

Perhaps he could help with that after all, if just a little. There was clearly a certain sort of person the group of elves thought Timmothy was, and Toric for his part had seen quite enough to be confident that he was not in fact that sort of person at all. The ratfolk didn't know the woods, and he wasn't a warrior, as he'd said. If Toric stepped forward to add his voice to the explanation, maybe status as a lifelong resident of Ardeep would mean something, give him some credibility. He was more or less an elf too, after all, if a rather young one; they had to listen to him, didn't they?

Taking a deep breath, Toric attempted to steady his nerves. Right then. Words. He could use those. No axe, no claws, no tusks. He'd just... wander on out there and start speaking.

This was a terrible idea, wasn't it. There was no way he wasn't going to mess this up. But at least when things went sideways he'd be right next to Timmothy to protect him.

Steeling himself, Toric crept again through the foliage, brushing past leaves and branches a little less carefully now, until he was out in the open by the ratfolk's side. He immediately mimicked his gesture of hands held in the air, turning to face the group of elves. Shifting side to side nervously, he didn't meet their gazes, feeling terribly exposed. "This one's not an enemy. He speaks true," Toric spoke quickly, voice rough and quiet. "I have been guiding him through the forest to the other side. He's not well-suited to the forest, doesn't know it, needed help. Not a threat."
 

TeikiFox

you think i know what's going on? ha.

"Why thank you," she would take the compliment easily, head bowed down slightly before returning to look up. Keeping her head down for long didn't sound like a good idea- especially with Xolkin's strange smile. It seemed more like a skill or challenge to smile the longest rather than be genuinely happy. Maybe it would make sense to get used to that sort of smile- she would probably encounter more people with the same forced smile. Or maybe Esvele was looking into it all too much. "Sounds wonderful."

As expected, she would follow, head tilted slightly as she listened to the rules. They sounded fair enough, aware that it was their- sympathy? help?- that was why she wasn't alone in the last part of her journey. That also made for less people to talk to and figure out- trying to understand Xolkin was already challenging enough. If they all had the same likely forced smile, the cleric wouldn't know how to talk to any of them. At least Lark hadn't done the same- she couldn't really get a read on him, but it felt more natural.

"That's fair, their own matters are their own." It also allowed for less weaknesses- less blackmail. How often that sort of thing happened in real life Esvele didn't know, but it happened enough in books. For now, she would rely on them- until experience could reliably make decisions, of course. Her thoughts would wander as she took in the area, surprised by the amount of people. There were ten, including Lark and Xolkin, which seemed large. Was that normal on the High Road? And here she had been with just one other- but then again, Esvele was in one piece. Her interest would turn towards the mechanical humanoid, head tilted slightly as light eyes watched curiously. It was rather interesting, the name suggested that the other wasn't just programming- how humanoid could a machine be? Was it rude to ask?

She'd offer the two introduced a smile and a wave, walking towards the nobleman despite her questions for May. "And to you as well, good sir." It seemed strange to continue standing, not wanting to tower over the others, so the girl sat down, a stray glance towards Lark before turning back to Hommett. "For such a small town, I hadn't expected so much activity around Nightstone. Do you know much of the town? I didn't research too much-" about the town. The glyphs had been studied excessively, but there really wasn't much on it asides from being a mystery- "maybe I would've specified the directions a little more. But then I wouldn't have met you all." Met seemed excessive, most of them not having a name to refer to, but there wasn't much of a better word and it sounded nice.

Esvele1.jpg

Esvele
Kalashtar Cleric 1​
  • HP: 8/8
    AC: 13
    Speed: 30 ft
    Strength: -2
    Dexterity: +2
    Constitution: 0
    Intelligence: +1
    Wisdom: +5
    Charisma: +2
    Passive Percep: 15

Interactions: Ellya Ellya ; Mentions: Dethrix Dethrix , Idea Idea
 

Idea

The Pun Tyrant The Gif Hydra
  • Maythread Undergold
    Lvl 1 Celestial Warlock




    Oh no! Did I scare it? The creature's initial reaction to me seemed less than pleased, though to my immense relief it seemed to relax soon enough, and I allowed it to return to its resting curl. For a while a felt a tad tempted to start humming while I waited, but when I glanced at the little sleeping dragon I reminded myself not to. Still, I didn't know how long they would take, I had to entertain myself somehow. I began looking around, while mostly staying in place just perhaps bending backwards somewhat or pushing myself a little up or down for a better view of some detail.

    The few clouds with the backdrop of the orange sky were like a painting, though the grass's lighter hue as it reflected the sun's rays was like a sea that drifted off into the distance, with only occasional "waves" of a few hills or tree here or there., perhaps a rock now or then as well, but indeed nothing much to speak of, nor to hide something in. I found myself shuffling in place, anxious for the return of my travel companions even though they barely left. This journey had not been bad, but just thinking of what kind of things I might encounter in Nightstone, or even beyond it, maybe I'd get to travel and get to see all kinds of places and people? I covered my "face" with one hand, not quite hiding my excitement.

    It seemed my worries were unfounded when soon enough the rest of the group began regathering, laying down and relaxing, or helping to assist in getting ready for the dinner. That most important person in particular went to grab some fluffy skin and laid down on it like a bed or more accurately like a blanket. Just looking at that, and after he exclaimed about relaxing, I just knew I had questions, but I couldn't quite put them to words or frame them in my head, certainly not before we were introduced to a new travelling companion. Rein, it seemed she was called, though her introduction to me could have certainly been more pleasant, no? I mean, I did wave back at her with my eyes turning to those inverted crescents as I did, but she decided to go address the nobleman first.

    Still, I couldn't let an entirely new person we met in the middle of the road, such a goldmine of stories, just get away like that! Before any of that though,I would have to complain a bit, so I pushed myself off the ground and crossed my arms at Xolkin.

    "Mister, I do not "call myself" May. I am May. Maythread to be more precise. Though anyone else may call me May." Having said my peace, I walked off happily towards the newcomer and "smiled" again with my eyes. "Greetings lady! It's nice to meet you! I should apologize for not greeting first, but some things do 'grind my gears' a little, haheheh. Say, that's some pretty hair you have, and those ears, are you maybe an elf lady? What were you doing up there in the hill? Did you get lost from your elf friends? Elves live in forests right? Or is that just some elves? Do you live in a forest lady? Is there a forest nearby?"

    The questions just kind of kept coming, and I did find myself looking around, maybe I missed a denser spot of trees or something in the distance? Or perhaps they were only visible from the hill? It hit me then I had forgotten to do something, and turned back to the lady.

    "Oh, I forgot to introduce myself, though they did also introduce me, but it's more polite if I do too, right? I am Maythread, you may call me May though. I think it's easier!"




    Proficiency Bonus: +2
    Hit Points: 10 / 10
    Hit Dice: 1d8
    Armor Class: 12
    Initiative: 0
    Speed: 30 ft
    Passive Perception: 8
    Spellcasting Ability: Cha
    Spellsave DC: 14
    Spell Attack Bonus: +6

    Healing Dice: 2d6s Left


Spells
Cantrips: (2)
*Create Bonfire
*Prestidigitation
*Light
*Sacred Flame

First Level: (2)
*Guiding Bolt
*Healing Word

Items
Equipped:
*Copper Plates (Reflavored Leather) (-10 GP)
*Arcane Focus - Crystal (-10 GP) [The Core Inside of Her]
*Sack x3 (-3 CP)
*Spear (-1 GP)

Currency:
0 PP
15 GP
14 SP
23 CP

Carrying:
*Miner's Pick (-2 GP)
*Pole (10 ft) (-5 CP)
*Bloodied Crowbar (-2 GP)
*Rope (Hemp - 50 ft) x2 (-2 GP)
*Chalk x4 (-4 CP)
*Piton x5 (-25 CP)
*Shovel (-2 GP)
*Light Hammer (-2 GP)
*Spear x2 (-2 GP)
*Shield (-10 GP)
*Navigator's Tools (-25 GP)
*Healer's Kit (-5 GP)

Skills
Saving Throws:
Strength: +2
Dexterity: 0
Constitution: +2
Intelligence: +2
Wisdom: 0
Charisma: +6

Skills:
Acrobatics: 0
Animal Handling: -2
Arcana: +4
Athletics: +4
Deception: +4
History: +2
Insight: -2
Intimidation: +4
Investigation: +4
Medicine: 0
Nature: +2
Perception: -2
Performance: +4
Persuasion: +6
Religion: +2
Sleight of Hand: 0
Stealth: 0
Survival: -2

Passives

Constructed Resilience- You were created to have remarkable fortitude, represented by the following benefits:
-You have advantage on saving throws against being poisoned, and you have resistance to poison damage.
-You don’t need to eat, drink, or breathe.
-You are immune to disease.
-You don't need to sleep, and magic can't put you to sleep.


Sentry's Rest- When you take a long rest, you must spend at least six hours in an inactive, motionless state, rather than sleeping. In this state, you appear inert, but it doesn’t render you unconscious, and you can see and hear as normal.

Integrated Protection- Your body has built-in defensive layers, which can be enhanced with armor.
You gain a +1 bonus to Armor Class.
You can don only armor with which you have proficiency. To don armor, you must incorporate it into your body over the course of 1 hour, during which you must remain in contact with the armor. To doff armor, you must spend 1 hour removing it. You can rest while donning or doffing armor in this way.
While you live, your armor can't be removed from your body against your will.


Healing Light- At 1st level, you gain the ability to channel Celestial arcane energy to heal wounds. You have a pool of d6s that you spend to fuel this healing. The number of dice in the pool equals 1 + your warlock level.

As a bonus action, you can heal one creature you can see within 60 feet of you, spending dice from the pool. The maximum number of dice you can spend at once equals your Charisma modifier (minimum of one die). Roll the dice you spend, add them together, and restore a number of hit points equal to the total.

Your pool regains all expended dice when you finish a long rest.


Child at Heart- Though you may have attained knowledge through working with another in their craft, you have not dedicated your life to it yet, and still have the spirit of youth within you. Your demeanor help you come off more friendly, joyful and harmless on a first impression, and the young in age or in heart in particular seem to easily take a liking to you.


OOC Actions
N/A

Tags
Interacting With: Ellya Ellya (Xolkin) TeikiFox TeikiFox

Mentions: Ellya Ellya

Might Also Want To Read: N/A
 

Ellya

oi mate
Lazaro1505 Lazaro1505
During your entire speech, you could see the scowl on the elf's face deepen more and more. "Alright, enough. Please stop talking," he simply said just as you started finishing what you had to say. "Clearly you're more civilized than you seem. And this forest does see its share of stray wanderers. Along with the fact that you seem relatively unarmed, I'm willing to give you this one ch--"

Creek Creek
Moving up the bunch of elves near the end of Timmothy's speech, you'd see that almost instantly, one of the elves that were looking around let out a familiar quick whistle tone. It clearly served to alert his companions, since three of the two bowmen immediately aimed at you as well, stopping you in your tracks before you could get too close.

"Well..." The evident wood elf leader turned his head and, hands still behind his back, approached Toric now. The scout that had first spotted him, moved up to the leader's side and whispered quickly in his pointed ear, after which he continued. "... It seems my scouts do in fact know you, young one. I know your father's name. Finally decided to come out of hiding, then?" While his tone was more friendly than the one he took with Timmothy, you couldn't sense any real amicability in him. "Very well, if you vouch for the thing..." With that, he raised his arm with a flat hand and the archers lowered their bows, seeming to relax a bit, while one or two kept an evil eye trained on the Ratfolk.

"My name is Rond Arrowhome. We chase a pack of orcs that have fled after attacking our village. An unwise decision, obviously. They are led by their war chief, Gurrash, and since not me nor my scouts have much knowledge on their tactical plans, we do not know what weapons or creatures they may have under their command. That is why we halted the... rat." During his explanation, Rond's face did not change expression one bit. Only his eyes occasionally glanced back and forth between the two of you.

"We suspect the orcs make for Nightstone. Personally, I care not if they slaughter the entire village, but we do not intend on letting them get away. They may hide behind those walls but we have the means to burn them down. That is our purpose and our goal here." The other wood elves had put away their weapons at this point, and while they seemed considerably less tense, they still stayed perfectly in position and aware of everything that went on, ready to draw weapons again at a moment's notice. "This is the part where you tell me why you are here. Both of you. And the rat will show us what he has in terms of alchemical supplies. Namely anything that could accelerate flame."
 
Last edited:

Creek

The Forbidden Word
Ellya Ellya Lazaro1505 Lazaro1505

Toric tensed slightly at the mention of his father. They knew who he was? How much did they know about the elf who had sired him? Toric couldn't decide whether or not that meant he was in good standing with this group; certainly it had seemed his father had made several enemies because of the choices he made, including the ones that had eventually been the death of him. Suddenly he was very aware of the unusual pair of oversized canines that protruded past his lip. Again he shifted nervously. Yet the elf's -- Rond's -- tone sounded friendly, or at least friendlier than the one he had used with Timmothy before, so Toric was willing to take that as a good sign. At the very least there was no longer weapons pointed at them. And they did seem to be expecting a response, so the short elf resigned himself to continuing to speak.

"Why I am here...?" Toric cocked his head, confused. He'd thought the answer to that question already apparent, for both of them. "I live here. In the forest. But now I'm guiding Timmothy, like I said before. And then we will go to where the people are near here." Hold on, hadn't Timmothy said that place was called Nightstone? Nightstone was where Rond said he wanted to go, too. This was starting to sound like a dangerous place.

As for this war band, he had little insight into the matter. It took him a moment to even call to mind what exactly an orc was, until he recalled large, muscular creatures that might have been them. There might have been some in his part of the forest fairly recently; certainly there had at least been some sort of commotion around there of late. Such things always sent birds scattering from the trees, and it tended to drive the good prey to ground. Beyond annoyance at their presence within his usual stomping grounds he hadn't given them much thought, though. The conflict had died down soon enough, anyways. Was all this really worth Rond's group chasing this "Gurrash" so far beyond their territory? Clearly they were long gone by now, so Toric couldn't quite see the point. He let them know as much.

"This pack... you'd chase them so far? They are gone from your territory now, is that not just an unneeded waste of energy? I do not understand," Toric questioned tentatively. By no means was he looking to antagonize them further or oppose their intentions, but he desired to understand. That wasn't to say he didn't feel some hesitance at hearing their plans, though; they seemed overly destructive, and dangerous. He crossed his arms and watched the group carefully. "Fire is very difficult to control, is it not? What if it spreads to the forest? Or harms those within the walls. Prey is all the more difficult to track when everything else is in an uproar. Like when your endless fighting in these lands sends deer and wolves alike scattering."
 

Dethrix

Hero



  • circle-cropped.png

    Ehlark Umenorin
    Race: Wood Half-Elf
    Class: Ranger (1)
    HP: 12
    AC: 15
    Passives:
    • Perception/WIS: 12
    • Investigation/INT: 13
    • Insight/WIS: 12
    Longbow: +6, 1d8+4 Piercing
    Shortsword: +6, 1d6+4 Piercing


Xolkin radiated the kind of demeanor that people wished to interact with. To a degree, there simply wasn’t any way a man could be that eccentric. At least not through any natural means. Not in the line of work they operated from. Ehlark had interacted with leaders that carried such a shield of altruism and fairness. It never lasted, there was always a means to an end. Even his own mentor had displayed an excessive degree of morale in order to rally those around him.

Despite being a mercenary himself, Ehlark had never been one for such traits. Though he was amicable when the time came for it, his ambition and drive always came from a place within. As a result, he was a self-interested individual before most other things. And with that territory came a bit of a guarded approach to others, and what they could offer him above all else.

That much could even be seen with the group’s newest addition, Esvele. His goals of interacting with her hadn’t been those of pure good nature, but rather to stack the deck in his favor. Though still outnumbered seven to three, it was considerably better to know that he had another individual to rely on outside of the gleeful contraption that waddled around the campsite. Despite this, Ehlark had to remind himself that there wasn’t any definitive reason that something bad would happen to begin with. After all, Xolkin had been nothing but accepting.

Yet and still, doubt pervaded his thoughts. Skepticism abound as he made his way towards the fire, while the others began to converse amongst themselves. There, he found himself sitting opposite to the Mercenary Leader, as it seemed they both had planned on warming themselves against the arcane flames. Without much flare, the ranger unsheathed one of his shortswords from a scabbard on his waist and prodded at the burning logs. Shifting the firewood around in order to ensure the flames would last, though he wasn’t too knowledgeable on the nature of the magic that had ignited them in the first place.

As he quietly heated his blade, Ehlark allowed his striking gaze to pierce through the fire and settle on the strange reptilian beast that Xolkin paraded around. Before now he’d never given it much thought, but their relationship brought question to his mind. Was it merely a loyal pet, or more than that? Just another mystery that went along with the man, apparently. Being a mercenary himself, he knew better than to ask too much. Only speculate, and await evidence towards any suspicions he had.

“Should I take first watch off ya’ hands?” Ehlark questioned absent-mindedly, as he pulled his now glowing blade out from the flames. As he talked, his eye peered solely at his weapon as the light of the blaze danced against its forged surface. Despite the careless way he phrased it, the query he’d broken the ice with was likely one that they’d discussed many a night before. After all, they had been traveling along the High Road together. Late-night goblin raids weren’t something anyone was keen to wake up to.
Xolkin radiated the kind of demeanor that people wished to interact with. To a degree, there simply wasn’t any way a man could truly be that eccentric. At least not through any natural means. Not in the line of work they operated from. Ehlark had interacted with leaders that carried such a shield of altruism and fairness. It never lasted, there was always a means to an end. Even his own mentor had displayed an excessive degree of morale in order to rally those around him.

Despite being a mercenary himself, Ehlark had never been one for such traits. Though he was amicable when the time came for it, his ambition and drive always came from a place within. As a result, he was a self-interested individual before most other things. And with that territory came a bit of a guarded approach to others, and what they could offer him above all else.

That much could even be seen with the group’s newest addition, Esvele. His goals of interacting with her hadn’t been those of pure good nature, but rather to stack the deck in his favor. Though still outnumbered seven to three, it was considerably better to know that he had another individual to rely on outside of the gleeful contraption that waddled around the campsite. Despite this, Ehlark had to remind himself that there wasn’t any definitive reason that something bad would happen to begin with. After all, Xolkin had been nothing but accepting.

Yet and still, doubt pervaded his thoughts. Skepticism abound as he made his way towards the fire, while the others began to converse amongst themselves. There, he found himself sitting opposite to the Mercenary Leader, as it seemed they both had planned on warming themselves against the arcane flames. Without much flare, the ranger unsheathed one of his shortswords from a scabbard on his waist and prodded at the burning logs. Shifting the firewood around in order to ensure the flames would last, though he wasn’t too knowledgeable on the nature of the magic that had ignited them in the first place.

As he quietly heated his blade, Ehlark allowed his striking gaze to pierce through the fire and settle on the strange reptilian beast that Xolkin paraded around. Before now he’d never given it much thought, but their relationship brought question to his mind. Was it merely a loyal pet, or more than that? Just another mystery that went along with the man, apparently. Being a mercenary himself, he knew better than to ask too much. Only speculate, and await evidence towards any suspicions he had.

Should I take first watch off ya’ hands?” Ehlark questioned absent-mindedly, as he pulled his now glowing blade out from the flames. As he talked, his eye peered solely at his weapon as the light of the blaze danced against its forged surface. Despite the careless way he phrased it, the query he’d broken the ice with was likely one that they’d discussed many a night before. After all, they had been traveling along the High Road together. Late-night goblin raids weren’t something anyone was keen to wake up to.

Updates Interactions: Ellya Ellya
Mentions: TeikiFox TeikiFox Idea Idea

 
Last edited:

TeikiFox

you think i know what's going on? ha.
It seemed the interest wasn't entirely one-sided as the mechanical humanoid made her way over. There was certainly some spirit in May, noting to be careful with her questions. It was understandable that she would be upset, but Esvele could also see from the other side as it was rare to have such sentience in machinery. It wouldn't make sense for May to have to take such words, though, acting as though there weren't feelings- they were there, or at the very least, replicas. Close enough to care for.

She'd mull over the question, eyes watching the two. Her smile would brighten as the other made her way over, but it took a few moments longer to finally remain within the current moment, eyes blinking a few times. "It's nice to meet you, too. No worries, it's important to let people know when they've crossed the line." A soft laugh would leave her, shaking her head slightly. "Why thank you. Unfortunately I'm not an elf- or if I was, it'd be rather distant. I was on the hill because I didn't choose my words carefully enough- a mistake on my part. I imagine there is a forest nearby, they don't seem too challenging to come by, but I lived in a rather large city. Apologies for not having a nearly as exciting life." The pile of questions only further proved the emotion or curiosity of the- person?- before her. It made it easier to smile, to laugh- quiet, but open. "What about you? Did you live in the forest? How did you happen upon this group?"

"The last question goes to you as well, if you're willing."
Silver eyes would try and catch the attention of Lark. He didn't seem one for idle conversation, so Esvele wouldn't force him into the rest of the conversation or even the one question. But everyone else was likely to know at least where they had picked him up or if he had been there the entire time. Why not one more person? Her attention would turn back to the others after she had gotten some response, whether good or bad.

"It's a nice name, May. As I'm sure you've heard, I am Rein. A little harder to shorten, but Rey works as well." It still seemed a strange time to ask her questions, unsure if there would ever really be a good time or a good way. Perhaps once they had spent a little more time together, assuming they would see each other around in Nightstone. It hadn't seemed like a terribly large town after all, but maybe Nightstone was just a stop? It didn't really matter though, only agreeing that it was best to wait. There were some other questions for Lark as well, but he didn't seem as willing to give out information as Maythread. Esvele glanced towards Xolkin and his companions, glancing around the campfire- really, she had questions for everyone, but there was some understanding that she wouldn't get all the answers. If anything, there might be nothing at all to find, here or at Nightstone, but the journey itself would be valuable.

Esvele1.jpg

Esvele
Kalashtar Cleric 1​
  • HP: 8/8
    AC: 13
    Speed: 30 ft
    Strength: -2
    Dexterity: +2
    Constitution: 0
    Intelligence: +1
    Wisdom: +5
    Charisma: +2
    Passive Percep: 15

Interactions: Idea Idea , Dethrix Dethrix ; Mentions: everyone at the campfire (a bit)
 

Dethrix

Hero



  • circle-cropped.png

    Ehlark Umenorin
    Race: Wood Half-Elf
    Class: Ranger (1)
    HP: 12
    AC: 15
    Passives:
    • Perception/WIS: 12
    • Investigation/INT: 13
    • Insight/WIS: 12
    Longbow: +6, 1d8+4 Piercing
    Shortsword: +6, 1d6+4 Piercing


Ehlark shook his head lightly as he listened in on the conversations happening around the campfire. His gaze remained on his blade, but he snorted as the topic shifted to the nature of elves. Maythread was a rambunctious pile of scrap, that much he knew. He’d never known a living thing to ask as many questions as her, if she even could be considered alive. Perhaps animated, was more of the appropriate term. Nevertheless, he snorted when the machine began rambling on about forests and raised his solitary gaze to meet the curious eyes of Esvele.

It was true, their new companion had traces of features that the typical human would not have held. Even the ranger himself had briefed pondered a kinship in ancestry, but there was something that just didn’t sit right with that conclusion. Ehlark had met a plethora of odd beings in his life, but her traits didn’t seem exactly elven to him. There was simply something off about her that he couldn’t put his finger on. Not in a way that made him suspicious, but instead simply something to ponder and toy with.

“I didn’t come from a forest. In fact, only a select sub-group a’ elves live in the trees. I descend from em’, but wasn’t raised around much foliage.” The mercenary replied, his voice even but deeper in comparison to the rest of those that had been speaking prior. There was a certain gravity to his words, in the way that most quiet people commanded when making a statement. With each movement of his lips, his scar became accentuated by the action of his facial muscles. Notably, he didn't touch on how he'd found the group in the first place.

“So don’t ya’ go-'round askin’ anyone with pointy ears if they live in the bushes. It’s insensitive, and a tad intrusive.” He added, maintaining his piercing stare on the scholar as he spoke. His dark emerald iris trained on her in the way that a hunter would stare down a target. But after a moment, he nodded towards May to indicate his response was directed at her too. Then returned his focus to the gleaming shortsword he’d been twirling absent-mindedly in his hand. Despite his ending statement, Ehlark showed no sign of discomfort or offense. If anything, by his tone it would have seemed that he had merely shared the information as a means of social education.
Ehlark shook his head lightly as he listened in on the conversations happening around the campfire. His gaze remained on his blade, but he snorted as the topic shifted to the nature of elves. Maythread was a rambunctious pile of scrap, that much he knew. He’d never known a living thing to ask as many questions as her, if she even could be considered alive. Perhaps animated, was more of the appropriate term. Nevertheless, he snorted when the machine began rambling on about forests and raised his solitary gaze to meet the curious eyes of Esvele.

It was true, their new companion had traces of features that the typical human would not have held. Even the ranger himself had briefed pondered a kinship in ancestry, but there was something that just didn’t sit right with that conclusion. Ehlark had met a plethora of odd beings in his life, but her traits didn’t seem exactly elven to him. There was simply something off about her that he couldn’t put his finger on. Not in a way that made him suspicious, but instead simply something to ponder and toy with.

I didn’t come from a forest. In fact, only a select sub-group a’ elves live in the trees. I descend from em’, but wasn’t raised around much foliage.” The mercenary replied, his voice even but deeper in comparison to the rest of those that had been speaking prior. There was a certain gravity to his words, in the way that most quiet people commanded when making a statement. With each movement of his lips, his scar became accentuated by the action of his facial muscles. Notably, he didn't touch on how he'd found the group in the first place.

So don’t ya’ go-'round askin’ anyone with pointy ears if they live in the bushes. It’s insensitive, and a tad intrusive.” He added, maintaining his piercing stare on the scholar as he spoke. His dark emerald iris trained on her in the way that a hunter would stare down a target. But after a moment, he nodded towards May to indicate his response was directed at her too. Then returned his focus to the gleaming shortsword he’d been twirling absent-mindedly in his hand. Despite his ending statement, Ehlark showed no sign of discomfort or offense. If anything, by his tone it would have seemed that he had merely shared the information as a means of social education.

Updates Interactions: TeikiFox TeikiFox Idea Idea
Mentions: Ellya Ellya
Rolls: Perception (5 + 2 = 7): To detect Esvele's ancestry through appearance. Described as inconclusive.

 
Last edited:

Ellya

oi mate
Ellya Ellya Lazaro1505 Lazaro1505

Toric tensed slightly at the mention of his father. They knew who he was? How much did they know about the elf who had sired him? Toric couldn't decide whether or not that meant he was in good standing with this group; certainly it had seemed his father had made several enemies because of the choices he made, including the ones that had eventually been the death of him. Suddenly he was very aware of the unusual pair of oversized canines that protruded past his lip. Again he shifted nervously. Yet the elf's -- Rond's -- tone sounded friendly, or at least friendlier than the one he had used with Timmothy before, so Toric was willing to take that as a good sign. At the very least there was no longer weapons pointed at them. And they did seem to be expecting a response, so the short elf resigned himself to continuing to speak.

"Why I am here...?" Toric cocked his head, confused. He'd thought the answer to that question already apparent, for both of them. "I live here. In the forest. But now I'm guiding Timmothy, like I said before. And then we will go to where the people are near here." Hold on, hadn't Timmothy said that place was called Nightstone? Nightstone was where Rond said he wanted to go, too. This was starting to sound like a dangerous place.

As for this war band, he had little insight into the matter. It took him a moment to even call to mind what exactly an orc was, until he recalled large, muscular creatures that might have been them. There might have been some in his part of the forest fairly recently; certainly there had at least been some sort of commotion around there of late. Such things always sent birds scattering from the trees, and it tended to drive the good prey to ground. Beyond annoyance at their presence within his usual stomping grounds he hadn't given them much thought, though. The conflict had died down soon enough, anyways. Was all this really worth Rond's group chasing this "Gurrash" so far beyond their territory? Clearly they were long gone by now, so Toric couldn't quite see the point. He let them know as much.

"This pack... you'd chase them so far? They are gone from your territory now, is that not just an unneeded waste of energy? I do not understand," Toric questioned tentatively. By no means was he looking to antagonize them further or oppose their intentions, but he desired to understand. That wasn't to say he didn't feel some hesitance at hearing their plans, though; they seemed overly destructive, and dangerous. He crossed his arms and watched the group carefully. "Fire is very difficult to control, is it not? What if it spreads to the forest? Or harms those within the walls. Prey is all the more difficult to track when everything else is in an uproar. Like when your endless fighting in these lands sends deer and wolves alike scattering."
Lazaro1505 Lazaro1505
Rond allowed you to finish but gradually started to squint his eyes a bit. He pulled up his nose after your first question with a quick scoff. "Hah... They're a band of irredeemable imbeciles that just happen to have weapons and muscle. We'd have been glad to leave them alone to their worthless, savage lives, but they poked a sleeping lion. They attacked us, and they will pay dearly for that mistake with their blood." The other elves seemed to nod in agreement, one of them, seeming slightly younger, screamed out "Death to Gurrash! Death to the Ear Seekers!"

The leader continued after your second statement. "You are young, halfbreed. Too young to understand the complicated passion that is war. So I will explain this to you as if you were my six year old son." With the same cold and unfeeling eyes, Rond leaned forward and down a bit to get on eye-level with you. He spoke a bit more slowly, and it even sounded like he had a hint of resentment or anger in his voice. "We may have an alliance with the peoples of Nightstone, but time and again, they disrespect us and our forest. If the orcs do mean to hide within the city, then the city will burn, and I will enjoy the smell of their melting corpses, orcs, humans and others alike." A hint of a twisted, sickly grin spread across the wood elf's thin lips. "Besides, the Dessarin river encircles the village. The fire will not spread beyond its bounds. It's perfect, they will trap themselves like rats. "

Rond stood up straight again. "Speaking of rats..." he then continued in the emotionless voice he had earlier. "You two may join us to Nightstone. Your furry friend can explain to us how he could be of use on the way, and you may learn a thing or two about fighting to regain one's honor."

With that, Rond simply started walking.
 

Ellya

oi mate
Dethrix Dethrix TeikiFox TeikiFox Idea Idea
As the conversations continued around the campfire, the two companions Xolkin seemed to keep close by the most gathered food from the cart. A clucking was heard, getting louder as the human female crawled out of the cart, holding three chickens by the legs. Not cooked, but completely alive, their legs bound together, fluttering wildly in a desperate attempt to get away. "Chicken, lads!" The tiefling called out with a wide grin, crawling out of the cart as well holding one more of the beasts, and a box under his other arm.

The female threw one of the chickens at Hommett, and it squirmed and fluttered wildly in his lap while the nobleman recoiled and shoved it off of him. The mercenaries around the campfire chuckled, one of them exclaiming. "Whazzamatter, posh boy? It ain't gonna chase ya 'round, its legs're broke!" After attention was drawn to it, it did become obvious that the all of the chicken's thin legs looked mangled and broken, and no matter how much they tried to stand on them, the poor animals couldn't manage to move much. Hommett turned almost as white as the feathers of the crippled chicken on his lap as he watched it scream and plead for its life.

Over the course of the next few minutes, four of the seven mercenaries would get busy routinely beheading and plucking the beasts, one of them demonstrating to Hommett that a chicken could in fact run around some after its head was cut off. The tiefling that usually stuck with Xolkin took the beheaded chickens and gutted them carefully with his dagger, then sprinkling a few different spices and powdery substances onto them. Another of the company was in charge of actually cooking the chickens, piercing a thin rod of metal through the carcasses and holding them over the fire.
 

Idea

The Pun Tyrant The Gif Hydra
  • Maythread Undergold
    Lvl 1 Celestial Warlock




    While everyone else seemed to be getting ready for dinner (or in my and my two fellow conversationalist's case, chatting), one notable person sat by the fire and drew his blade into the fire. I made a mental note to ask him if he was a blacksmith when I had a chance, maybe he picked it up since we last saw each other, outside of this journey I mean? He never seemed particularly on answering... well, anything really, so I would need an opportunity. I mentally closed by eyes to try to burn the thought into my mind, and then returned my focus to the conversation at hand with the actually-not-an-elf lady. A chuckle of my own accompanied hers even though I had just laughed at my own joke too moments prior. It felt nice to laugh alongside other people either way, if it felt genuine like this.

    Then came the apology, and I raised my hands in front of me.

    "No no, there's no need to apologize! Life in the city can be really exciting too! There are all kinds of people in the city, doing all sorts of interesting thing. And the mines can be dangerous too, so there's definitely adventure to be found! I'm sure you probably have all kinds of stories too, like your first time going into the mines." I 'smiled' back at her. "What words did you say to end up on a hill?"

    As my questions continued to happily flow, the lady brought up some of her own. I was but a moment away from answering, when she brought the same question to Ehlark. Since I actually wanted to hear what he had to say and didn't wish to interrupt, I covered where my mouth would've been. He explained he was of elven descent, but not raised among the foliage.
    His voice sounded kinda stern, but he didn't particular seem upset despite his words. Well, he was a pretty intense person after all, and hold up, wasn't this my chance? I still hadn't replied to the lady either though, so I just sort of looked back and forth from one to the other, and then finally decided to reach out for the lady's wrist and attempted to pull her with me as I headed toward Ehlark and the fire.

    "Thank you for explaining that mister! Say, are you a blacksmith? You were putting that sword in the fire like that. Is it broken or rusty? Are you gonna fix it now? Can I watch?" I turned to the lady who had just introduced herself as Rein or Rey once more, "smiling". "Wanna watch too, Rein? I'll just call you Rein, it kinda sounds like rain! Its fun watching where the drops slide when they hit the window, and it helps things grow, right? I-"

    However, I wasn't given a chance to continue. The mercenaries begun bringing out the chickens. I travelled in the cart, and I could hear the clucking, so I had prepared my heart for this, or so I thought. When they began throwing some though, and then mentioned their legs were broken, I couldn't help but look... look at that poor, mangled thing, desperate in pain and begging for their lives, helpless, while everyone at camp just laughed away... It felt as though their laughter was echoing inside my head, mixing with every sound and thought. I let go of Rein if she let me grab her earlier, and properly stood up, facing away.

    "O-on second thought I uh... I think I will uh...count...pebbles... over yonder." I pointed in some direction, some direction away from that sight. I began heading towards some rock a little behind on the road, maybe I'd try playing a bit with some of my body's functions.





    Proficiency Bonus: +2
    Hit Points: 10 / 10
    Hit Dice: 1d8
    Armor Class: 12
    Initiative: 0
    Speed: 30 ft
    Passive Perception: 8
    Spellcasting Ability: Cha
    Spellsave DC: 14
    Spell Attack Bonus: +6

    Healing Dice: 2d6s Left


Spells
Cantrips: (2)
*Create Bonfire
*Prestidigitation
*Light
*Sacred Flame

First Level: (2)
*Guiding Bolt
*Healing Word

Items
Equipped:
*Copper Plates (Reflavored Leather) (-10 GP)
*Arcane Focus - Crystal (-10 GP) [The Core Inside of Her]
*Sack x3 (-3 CP)
*Spear (-1 GP)

Currency:
0 PP
15 GP
14 SP
23 CP

Carrying:
*Miner's Pick (-2 GP)
*Pole (10 ft) (-5 CP)
*Bloodied Crowbar (-2 GP)
*Rope (Hemp - 50 ft) x2 (-2 GP)
*Chalk x4 (-4 CP)
*Piton x5 (-25 CP)
*Shovel (-2 GP)
*Light Hammer (-2 GP)
*Spear x2 (-2 GP)
*Shield (-10 GP)
*Navigator's Tools (-25 GP)
*Healer's Kit (-5 GP)

Skills
Saving Throws:
Strength: +2
Dexterity: 0
Constitution: +2
Intelligence: +2
Wisdom: 0
Charisma: +6

Skills:
Acrobatics: 0
Animal Handling: -2
Arcana: +4
Athletics: +4
Deception: +4
History: +2
Insight: -2
Intimidation: +4
Investigation: +4
Medicine: 0
Nature: +2
Perception: -2
Performance: +4
Persuasion: +6
Religion: +2
Sleight of Hand: 0
Stealth: 0
Survival: -2

Passives

Constructed Resilience- You were created to have remarkable fortitude, represented by the following benefits:
-You have advantage on saving throws against being poisoned, and you have resistance to poison damage.
-You don’t need to eat, drink, or breathe.
-You are immune to disease.
-You don't need to sleep, and magic can't put you to sleep.


Sentry's Rest- When you take a long rest, you must spend at least six hours in an inactive, motionless state, rather than sleeping. In this state, you appear inert, but it doesn’t render you unconscious, and you can see and hear as normal.

Integrated Protection- Your body has built-in defensive layers, which can be enhanced with armor.
You gain a +1 bonus to Armor Class.
You can don only armor with which you have proficiency. To don armor, you must incorporate it into your body over the course of 1 hour, during which you must remain in contact with the armor. To doff armor, you must spend 1 hour removing it. You can rest while donning or doffing armor in this way.
While you live, your armor can't be removed from your body against your will.


Healing Light- At 1st level, you gain the ability to channel Celestial arcane energy to heal wounds. You have a pool of d6s that you spend to fuel this healing. The number of dice in the pool equals 1 + your warlock level.

As a bonus action, you can heal one creature you can see within 60 feet of you, spending dice from the pool. The maximum number of dice you can spend at once equals your Charisma modifier (minimum of one die). Roll the dice you spend, add them together, and restore a number of hit points equal to the total.

Your pool regains all expended dice when you finish a long rest.


Child at Heart- Though you may have attained knowledge through working with another in their craft, you have not dedicated your life to it yet, and still have the spirit of youth within you. Your demeanor help you come off more friendly, joyful and harmless on a first impression, and the young in age or in heart in particular seem to easily take a liking to you.


OOC Actions
N/A

Tags
Interacting With: TeikiFox TeikiFox Dethrix Dethrix

Mentions: Ellya Ellya

Might Also Want To Read: N/A
 

Creek

The Forbidden Word
Ellya Ellya Lazaro1505 Lazaro1505

Toric frowned. That didn't seem entirely fair; he was pretty confident he understood more than a six year old. Then again, he still didn't fully understand Rond's explanation, so maybe the six year old in question really was smarter than him. Alright, so the fire wouldn't be a danger to the forest, but it still didn't really seem worth it to him to chase down threats that were already fleeing. That was just looking for more trouble, in his opinion -- it was like if someone were to chase a wolf back to its den. All you were going to get out of that was more wolves and more danger than you had already been in. Even if you killed the wolves, they weren't really good food, so that was a lot of energy spent for little reward. Could you eat orcs? Maybe, you could eat almost anything if you tried hard enough, but Toric sincerely doubted that the elves planned to do that. He was pretty sure people didn't like eating other people.

Anyways, he supposed he just didn't really get this whole talk of honor, or the idea of killing someone just because you didn't like them. He would have almost been willing to accept that these were in fact things too complicated for him to understand just yet, and that Rond was correct. However, he was quickly starting to recall the feeling of disliking a person; Rond's demeanor was starting to annoy him. This was the sort of person who thought he was better than everyone else, wasn't it? His parents had once mentioned such people. The way the man leaned over to talk to him, the particular tone of voice he used when explaining things that was so unlike Timmothy's patient explanations -- Toric very much wished to headbutt him while their heads were still close. But he didn't end up doing so, stifling the spark of fury that rose deep within him, instead settling with raising his head defiantly in response to the other's strange grin. He remained there, eyes following Rond while he moved away, until he eventually snorted and turned to follow. They were going in the same direction, so he may as well do so whether he liked it or not.

Still, he couldn't help privately nitpicking at Rond's words wherever he thought he could find a slight hold as the fallen leaves crunched under his feet, muttering under his breath with annoyance. "What a stupid comment to make. 'I'll enjoy the smell of their melting corpses.' Everyone knows burning people smell bad. He's not so smart."
 

Ellya

oi mate
Sherwood Sherwood Psychie Psychie PlayWight PlayWight

"On this very day one year ago..."

Lady Velrosa Nandar suddenly started her speech, her voice not too loud but commanding, and all the partygoers quieted down within seconds before she continued. "... My husband was shot down and killed." At this point, some of the townsfolk started to quietly find their seats or continued to clean up.

"The wood elves came out of Ardeep to continue a violent feud that had lasted years. They attacked us, and among the many who fell that day, was my husband. But this day is not just for him. This day is for all those who fell for us. Those who gave their lives defending what we now hold dear. And their sacrifice was not in vain, because the peace I brokered with the wood elves that day has lasted a full year now."

A quick wave of applause started. Some cheered and whistled, while Velrosa stood with a smile on her wrinkled face, clasping her hands. As the noise died down, the acting ruler of Nighstone took a deep breath. "I miss my husband dearly. As I'm sure you all miss your own husbands, wives, mothers, fathers, even sons and daughters... But this day will not be a day of grief. This day, we celebrate. We celebrate and we drink to the memory and the honorable sacrifice of our people." She picked up the cup on her table and raised it with a grin. "Let's have a feast to make them jealous up there!"

A roar of cheers and laughter erupted as the crowd got loud and raised their cups, some immediately gulping it down entirely, some gesturing towards the sky with it and then taking a few deep sips. Soon enough the elderly gentleman of the Summerhawk family had pulled out his drums, and the moment he started beating them in a cheerful rhythm, a young tiefling lady pulled out a flute and started improvising a melody along with a child playing his late father's lute. He was terrible, but no one cared. They danced anyway.

"Oh, better hurry up the drinkin', everyone! That's a mean cloud comin' up! Haha!" the innkeeper Morak exclaimed, pointing up at the sky. There was indeed a large, dark cloud approaching in the sky, which was starting to get darker itself but still remained a deep blue. It had been an exceptionally sunny day today, so to see a rain cloud in the mid-to-late afternoon was quite strange.

Psychie Psychie
Morak, after announcing the presence of a cloud, let his eye fall on you now. "Oi! Another dusty face come to join us!" He chuckled loudly. "Y'seem a capable lass, aren't ye? Let's have a contest! You name it, drinkin', arm wrestlin', drinkin'... Go ooon, have some fun, even if we both know I'll beat ye at anythin'!"

Sherwood Sherwood
The young boy that sat beside you got up from his seat now, pretended to look around at the party for a few seconds, then cleared his throat. Four times. Eventually though, he emptied the rest of his cup into his belly, took a breath and said "Would you dance? ... I... Sorry, I mean, would you care to dance... with me...?" His blushing face had shame and nervousness written all over it, and he held his hand extended toward you.
 

Sherwood

Luna's Concubine
Supporter
A quick wave of applause started. Some cheered and whistled, while Velrosa stood with a smile on her wrinkled face, clasping her hands. As the noise died down, the acting ruler of Nighstone took a deep breath. "I miss my husband dearly. As I'm sure you all miss your own husbands, wives, mothers, fathers, even sons and daughters... But this day will not be a day of grief. This day, we celebrate. We celebrate and we drink to the memory and the honorable sacrifice of our people." She picked up the cup on her table and raised it with a grin. "Let's have a feast to make them jealous up there!"
Athaclenna raised up her glass as a toast, and joined in with the cheers for the celebration. Taking a drink, her thoughts did turn to the many lives that were lost in the war between the wood elves and the people here, on both sides. Even Athaclenna was touched by this conflict; some do not know the difference between a high elf and a wood elf, and it took some time to clear her name, so to speak. But all of that unpleasantness was behind them, and now it was time to celebrate the peace, and to remember the fallen.

The young boy that sat beside you got up from his seat now, pretended to look around at the party for a few seconds, then cleared his throat. Four times. Eventually though, he emptied the rest of his cup into his belly, took a breath and said "Would you dance? ... I... Sorry, I mean, would you care to dance... with me...?" His blushing face had shame and nervousness written all over it, and he held his hand extended toward you.
She looks at the blushing boy with a smile. How sweet, this young man trying to get his courage up enough to dance with me. I can't crush his spirits by saying no, especially in front of so many people watching him. With a nod, Athaclenna stands up and takes his hand, saying, "How can I say no to such a distinguished gentleman? Of course I'd be happy to share this dance with you. I must warn you, though, that I am not the best dancer in the world, so you may need to help me out. Can you do that?"
Hit Points: 7
Hit Dice: 1d6

Armor Class: 13, 16 with Mage Armor active
Initiative: +3
Passive Perception: 13

Prepared Spells:
Mage Armor
Magic Missile
 

Psychie

Princess Psychie
Morak, after announcing the presence of a cloud, let his eye fall on you now. "Oi! Another dusty face come to join us!" He chuckled loudly. "Y'seem a capable lass, aren't ye? Let's have a contest! You name it, drinkin', arm wrestlin', drinkin'... Go ooon, have some fun, even if we both know I'll beat ye at anythin'!"
She laughs, saying, "I would be as much a fool for accepting a drinking contest with you as you would be to accept a toss of the dice with me. Let us instead enjoy the singing, dancing and drinking without embarrassing one another?" She pulls out a seat and plops down in it, looking around with a smile at the entertainment going on around her.
 

TeikiFox

you think i know what's going on? ha.
May expected much of her life, one that had been spent mainly in the library. Going into the mines had rarely been a thought unless it was talked about it one of the books. Even then, it had never seemed like an interesting place to be- there was the intrigue of idols or other trinkets that had been lost to time, but it seemed more likely that one would hear of it within a book than actually find anything. Considering the deal previously, Esvele wasn't sure how much she could talk of her life- libraries weren't a place people often stayed most of their lives and Lark had said to stay away from information of magic. Maybe it wasn't too out of the ordinary, but it seemed easier to just say that her life hadn't been all that interesting before. Many would agree, few would decide otherwise.

"Not enough- didn't specify getting off the High Road to get to Nightstone as a part of the trip." The question had been expected to go to both, but one chose to answer a different question and the other said nothing at all. Not really the intention, but it didn't matter much. She'd fall silent, held in the stare for a few moments before glancing off to the side, bowing her head slightly. The stare would be taken as a warning- even if knowledge was her interest, it was best not to take things too far.

The moment of inward contemplation would be broken when the mechanical humanoid grabbed her wrist. While it might've been gently, it was still surprising, other hand came up to stifle a cough before following behind Maythread towards the fire. Considering all he had said about intrusiveness, it seemed rather quick to throw out a bunch more questions- or rather, assumptions. It seemed almost impossible to get any of the questions right if one just focused on a singular uncertain detail. Hard to be upset at someone with as much excitement and cheer as the awakened machine, she would remain silent.

She would nod her head at the mention of her 'name', about to say something before May fell silent. It would take a moment for Esvele to catch up, the explanation loud once she actually paid attention. Oh. A mental note was made to call May back over once the food was actually ready, but would allow for her to leave in the mean time. It was obvious neither the mercenary nor mechanical person were comfortable. It seemed harsh to throw such discomfort in their face, but it also didn't seem worth doing anything about- a group was important. Silver eyes would focus on the fire instead, occasional glances to note what had changed in the current environment.

Esvele1.jpg

Esvele
Kalashtar Cleric 1​
  • HP: 8/8
    AC: 13
    Speed: 30 ft
    Strength: -2
    Dexterity: +2
    Constitution: 0
    Intelligence: +1
    Wisdom: +5
    Charisma: +2
    Passive Percep: 15

Interactions: Idea Idea , Dethrix Dethrix ; Mentions: everyone at the campfire (a bit), chicken
 

Ellya

oi mate
Idea Idea TeikiFox TeikiFox Dethrix Dethrix
The merciless plucking and hacking around the campfire continued for a while as Maythread seemed not to take a liking to how the beasts were treated. Neither did Hommett, but unlike May, he actually was capable of feeling nauseous and vomiting. "Oh... Dear gods..." He still averted his eyes, feeling his stomach churning. He wasn't very hungry for chicken anymore.

Xolkin had seemed amused by the situation, just as his companions were, but when May got up and left, he turned his head and gave a bit of a curious frown. "Friends" he said with a harsh voice as to command their attention. "That's enough now. Let's not upset our guests." With that, he got up, tossing a chicken leg at his pet snake, who happily took it into its mouth and scurried away a short distance to enjoy nibbling on it for a time. Xolkin made his way over to where May was. "So, you feel emotions as well, yes? I mean, other emotions than happiness... I was already surprised to see a... creature as yourself capable of being so cheerful, but I did not expect seeing this from you. Nor did my companions, I expect, so... My apologies." He casually walked over and stood beside May, arms crossed as he stared at the ground. "Even something as simple as counting pebbles would be too advanced for most tinkerer's contraptions... May I ask, where were you created?" The mercenary turned his head to look at the lights that made up May's eyes, seeming genuinely interested.

Meanwhile back at the fire, over the course of about five minutes and carefully executed teamwork, meals were prepared. Raw, fresh chicken roasted over the fire, and the smell of amazing foreign spices rushed to your noses. The skin crackled and turned to a deep brown and the sounds of rumbling stomachs became much more frequent. The first chicken to be prepared was divided among the cook, who idly munched on a thigh as he kept holding the rest of the meat over the fire, and two of the pluckers who had finished by now. Slowly but surely the other three chickens were prepared as well, one especially fat and juicy. "Hahah! This one's coming to look like Hommett!" the cook chortled and the gang joined in with chuckles and laughs, but Hommett himself was still doing his best to look away. "Oh, don't sulk! Go on, have the thigh." The cook pulled one of the chicken's legs off with a quick snap and held it out for Hommett, who, despite his sickly pale visage, eventually looked over and grabbed it to start eating himself.

Each of you (at least those with mouths and stomachs) were given a thigh as well, albeit slightly smaller than Hommett's portions, and definitely smaller than the rest of the crew's, but they tasted quite phenomenal. The freshness, the spices, the perfect tenderness all contributed to a wonderful experience, and especially after days of eating fruits and salted dried meats, this was a very welcome change.
 

Ellya

oi mate
Athaclenna raised up her glass as a toast, and joined in with the cheers for the celebration. Taking a drink, her thoughts did turn to the many lives that were lost in the war between the wood elves and the people here, on both sides. Even Athaclenna was touched by this conflict; some do not know the difference between a high elf and a wood elf, and it took some time to clear her name, so to speak. But all of that unpleasantness was behind them, and now it was time to celebrate the peace, and to remember the fallen.


She looks at the blushing boy with a smile. How sweet, this young man trying to get his courage up enough to dance with me. I can't crush his spirits by saying no, especially in front of so many people watching him. With a nod, Athaclenna stands up and takes his hand, saying, "How can I say no to such a distinguished gentleman? Of course I'd be happy to share this dance with you. I must warn you, though, that I am not the best dancer in the world, so you may need to help me out. Can you do that?"
Hit Points: 7
Hit Dice: 1d6

Armor Class: 13, 16 with Mage Armor active
Initiative: +3
Passive Perception: 13

Prepared Spells:
Mage Armor
Magic Missile
The young lad's eyes widened significantly and he stammered. "R-Really? I mean... Are you serious? Of course!" He smiled and chuckled nervously, helping you up and making his way to the center of the square with you, between all the tables and in front of Lady Velrosa's podium. She seemed to just be sitting and sipping her cup, watching everything going on with a hint of a smile on her lips. "So... I'm not sure I've introduced myself, I'm sorry..." the boy continued as he gently wrapped an arm around your waist and got into a very technical and by-the-book leading position.

"I'm Lionel Summerhawk. I've been thinking of getting to know you for a while now, but I guess that gets a bit difficult when we'd both rather sit inside and read quietly..." The lad was taking deep breaths and seemed to finally be calming himself down a bit as he slowly started stepping, leading the dance with you. "Where do your interests lie in books? Do you prefer history? Books of war? Fantastical stories?"

Psychie Psychie Sherwood Sherwood
Meanwhile, high in the sky and behind Lionel, the large dark cloud that Morak had pointed out, suddenly seemed much closer than before, and much closer than the winds would usually carry it... Few people apparently actually took notice of this, being too busy feasting and drinking, but something about this cloud seemed off, almost ominous.

~~ Make a Perception check in the Dice thread (tag me in your post, please!) ~~
 

Idea

The Pun Tyrant The Gif Hydra
  • Maythread Undergold
    Lvl 1 Celestial Warlock




    For now, I knew one thing: I had to get away from that noise, and from that sight. The rest I'd figure as I went. Maybe I really would count pebbles. After testing a little something on them, of course. The question was, what? The first I thought about was poor Rein's incident with her choice of words, it was just so mean to dump someone somewhere just because they didn't really word things how you'd like them, wasn't it? No, no, focus, I couldn't let myself just get there and stare at nothingness, they'd catch on right away! I mentally went though the parts of my body I had already explored, and the ones I knew about but I hadn't tried out yet. and finally settled on trying out those tubes again. As I got closer to the rocks, my legs retracted somewhat into my torso and feet, thus lowering me. I raised a finger towards a set of rocks, and just as I was about to open it, I heard a voice behind me. I very nearly jumped in place.

    "M-Mr. Xolkin! No you musn't apologize just because I'm not used to that sort of thing. If I needed an apologize every time I came across a new experience, I wouldn't have gotten anywhere, I'd still be waiting on all those apologies!" I nodded vehemently, as though that would accentuate my statements. The man then went on to explain I was too complex or something for being made by just any old tinkerer. He was quite right, indeed! I got up, and proudly hit my chest, the tip raised as though being puffed out. "You're quite right mister! It's amazing isn't it, what he made?"

    That's when my eyes caught, still sitting by the fire, the visage of Ehlark. I fell silent for a second. Then I 'smiled' at Xolkin again. I showed them one of my fingers, whose tip opened to reveal some tubes stored within.

    "Hey mister, wanna see a little trick to get your gears turning?" I quickly turned and bent down, and grabbed a slightly larger pebble. I faced Mr. Xolkin again, and and the tubes glowed for a few moments, projecting some manner of glow into the rock as well. As though carved in it was now a purple set of words spelling "Xolkin". "Now you could say that somewhere out there is a rock with your name on it!"




    Proficiency Bonus: +2
    Hit Points: 10 / 10
    Hit Dice: 1d8
    Armor Class: 12
    Initiative: 0
    Speed: 30 ft
    Passive Perception: 8
    Spellcasting Ability: Cha
    Spellsave DC: 14
    Spell Attack Bonus: +6

    Healing Dice: 2d6s Left


Spells
Cantrips: (2)
*Create Bonfire
*Prestidigitation
*Light
*Sacred Flame

First Level: (2)
*Guiding Bolt
*Healing Word

Items
Equipped:
*Copper Plates (Reflavored Leather) (-10 GP)
*Arcane Focus - Crystal (-10 GP) [The Core Inside of Her]
*Sack x3 (-3 CP)
*Spear (-1 GP)

Currency:
0 PP
15 GP
14 SP
23 CP

Carrying:
*Miner's Pick (-2 GP)
*Pole (10 ft) (-5 CP)
*Bloodied Crowbar (-2 GP)
*Rope (Hemp - 50 ft) x2 (-2 GP)
*Chalk x4 (-4 CP)
*Piton x5 (-25 CP)
*Shovel (-2 GP)
*Light Hammer (-2 GP)
*Spear x2 (-2 GP)
*Shield (-10 GP)
*Navigator's Tools (-25 GP)
*Healer's Kit (-5 GP)

Skills
Saving Throws:
Strength: +2
Dexterity: 0
Constitution: +2
Intelligence: +2
Wisdom: 0
Charisma: +6

Skills:
Acrobatics: 0
Animal Handling: -2
Arcana: +4
Athletics: +4
Deception: +4
History: +2
Insight: -2
Intimidation: +4
Investigation: +4
Medicine: 0
Nature: +2
Perception: -2
Performance: +4
Persuasion: +6
Religion: +2
Sleight of Hand: 0
Stealth: 0
Survival: -2

Passives

Constructed Resilience- You were created to have remarkable fortitude, represented by the following benefits:
-You have advantage on saving throws against being poisoned, and you have resistance to poison damage.
-You don’t need to eat, drink, or breathe.
-You are immune to disease.
-You don't need to sleep, and magic can't put you to sleep.


Sentry's Rest- When you take a long rest, you must spend at least six hours in an inactive, motionless state, rather than sleeping. In this state, you appear inert, but it doesn’t render you unconscious, and you can see and hear as normal.

Integrated Protection- Your body has built-in defensive layers, which can be enhanced with armor.
You gain a +1 bonus to Armor Class.
You can don only armor with which you have proficiency. To don armor, you must incorporate it into your body over the course of 1 hour, during which you must remain in contact with the armor. To doff armor, you must spend 1 hour removing it. You can rest while donning or doffing armor in this way.
While you live, your armor can't be removed from your body against your will.


Healing Light- At 1st level, you gain the ability to channel Celestial arcane energy to heal wounds. You have a pool of d6s that you spend to fuel this healing. The number of dice in the pool equals 1 + your warlock level.

As a bonus action, you can heal one creature you can see within 60 feet of you, spending dice from the pool. The maximum number of dice you can spend at once equals your Charisma modifier (minimum of one die). Roll the dice you spend, add them together, and restore a number of hit points equal to the total.

Your pool regains all expended dice when you finish a long rest.


Child at Heart- Though you may have attained knowledge through working with another in their craft, you have not dedicated your life to it yet, and still have the spirit of youth within you. Your demeanor help you come off more friendly, joyful and harmless on a first impression, and the young in age or in heart in particular seem to easily take a liking to you.


OOC Actions
May cast the "Prestidigitation" spell.

Tags
Interacting With: Ellya Ellya

Mentions: TeikiFox TeikiFox Dethrix Dethrix

Might Also Want To Read: N/A
 

Sherwood

Luna's Concubine
Supporter
The young lad's eyes widened significantly and he stammered. "R-Really? I mean... Are you serious? Of course!" He smiled and chuckled nervously, helping you up and making his way to the center of the square with you, between all the tables and in front of Lady Velrosa's podium. She seemed to just be sitting and sipping her cup, watching everything going on with a hint of a smile on her lips. "So... I'm not sure I've introduced myself, I'm sorry..." the boy continued as he gently wrapped an arm around your waist and got into a very technical and by-the-book leading position.

"I'm Lionel Summerhawk. I've been thinking of getting to know you for a while now, but I guess that gets a bit difficult when we'd both rather sit inside and read quietly..." The lad was taking deep breaths and seemed to finally be calming himself down a bit as he slowly started stepping, leading the dance with you. "Where do your interests lie in books? Do you prefer history? Books of war? Fantastical stories?"
Athaclenna smiles at the young man as he leads her towards the dance area in the square. "Well met, Lionel. I must warn you, I have not been dancing in a long time and may be a bit rusty." She lets him slip his hand behind her back, noting his caution in being entirely proper and not trying to make any untoward advances on her. "Books are my passion. If it is in print, I'll read it, assuming that I'm not in the middle of trying to not blow myself up while practicing a new spell."
Meanwhile, high in the sky and behind Lionel, the large dark cloud that Morak had pointed out, suddenly seemed much closer than before, and much closer than the winds would usually carry it... Few people apparently actually took notice of this, being too busy feasting and drinking, but something about this cloud seemed off, almost ominous.
The wizard glances up with a slight frown. This cloud . . . it does not seem to be natural. I wonder what is making it?
Hit Points: 7
Hit Dice: 1d6

Armor Class: 13, 16 with Mage Armor active
Initiative: +3
Passive Perception: 13

Prepared Spells:
Mage Armor
Magic Missile
 

Psychie

Princess Psychie
With her drink in hand, Sasha pauses briefly to eye the scary looking clouds, then asks of no one in particular, "Say, do those clouds look in any way nasty to anyone else?"
Hit Points: 10
Hit Dice: 1d8

Armor Class: 15
Initiative: +4
Passive Perception: 15

Armor and Weapons
Rapier
+6, 1d8+4 Piercing, Martial, Finesse

Shortbow
+6, 1d6+4 Piercing, Simple, Ammunition, Range 80ft/320ft, Two-Handed

Leather Armor +1 AC
 

Dethrix

Hero



  • circle-cropped.png

    Ehlark Umenorin
    Race: Wood Half-Elf
    Class: Ranger (1)
    HP: 12
    AC: 15
    Passives:
    • Perception/WIS: 12
    • Investigation/INT: 13
    • Insight/WIS: 12
    Longbow: +6, 1d8+4 Piercing
    Shortsword: +6, 1d6+4 Piercing


As the cry for chicken sounded out, Ehlark’s elven ears twitched at their tips again. Almost in the way that a common person would quickly glance at something, before turning back. A reflection of his interest, but nothing more. After all, he never turned his gaze to witness much of it. As a ranger, Lark wasn’t averse to hunting game or even slaughtering it for consumption, though he often did so with much more reverence and respect. He didn’t take the concept of ending innocent lives lightly, and most beasts fell within this category. It was a beautiful transaction of life, so the disturbing noises of Xolkin’s compatriots drew a small frown across his features.

Of course, the Half-Elf knew that they only did half of their shenanigans as a ploy to harass their portly traveling companion. The joy they seemed to obtain from the man’s unease didn’t sit well with Ehlark either, though he said nothing on the matter. Such had been almost routine throughout their whole journey, and as a mercenary himself, he understood the root of the issue. Hommett was far out of his depth, and as an outsider, he was getting heckled. To the noble’s credit, he was taking it far better than most.

As everything unfolded, the offhanded correction he’d made on the nature of Wood Elves seemed to have further piqued the interest of the babbling machine. Not that he held any disdain to the living contraption, in fact out of everyone he’d liked her the most during their journey. Despite the annoyance of frequent questioning, the strange apparatus’s unyielding charisma was far more endearing than the mysterious nature of Xolkin’s crew.

“I’m no smith, I just enjoy watchin’ the flames dance.” He responded in turn to Maythread. His words were true, Ehlark had no manner of training in metalworking of any kind. It was for that reason that he found the automaton’s animated nature to be so astounding, though he didn’t outwardly show it. He let his singular gaze hover over her for a second, before glancing up to glance knowingly at Esvele, who’d also apparently been dragged over in all of the excitement. Interestingly enough though, their conversation was cut short by all of the chicken ruckus.

As the butchering continued, Maythread became visibly displeased and left almost as quickly as he had wobbled over. This much Ehlark could sympathize with, there were clean ways to prepare poultry, but none of such methods were being utilized. It was barbaric, but he remained unfazed in his appearance. Despite this, he let his eye glance at their new scholar to check for any reaction on her end, before turning his visual attention to Xolkin as the man made his way over to Maythread. Wordlessly, he paid a keen eye to their interaction, his suspicions keeping him glued to the Mercenary Leader’s actions.
As the cry for chicken sounded out, Ehlark’s elven ears twitched at their tips again. Almost in the way that a common person would quickly glance at something, before turning back. A reflection of his interest, but nothing more. After all, he never turned his gaze to witness much of it. As a ranger, Lark wasn’t averse to hunting game or even slaughtering it for consumption, though he often did so with much more reverence and respect. He didn’t take the concept of ending innocent lives lightly, and most beasts fell within this category. It was a beautiful transaction of life, so the disturbing noises of Xolkin’s compatriots drew a small frown across his features.

Of course, the Half-Elf knew that they only did half of their shenanigans as a ploy to harass their portly traveling companion. The joy they seemed to obtain from the man’s unease didn’t sit well with Ehlark either, though he said nothing on the matter. Such had been almost routine throughout their whole journey, and as a mercenary himself, he understood the root of the issue. Hommett was far out of his depth, and as an outsider, he was getting heckled. To the noble’s credit, he was taking it far better than most.

As everything unfolded, the offhanded correction he’d made on the nature of Wood Elves seemed to have further piqued the interest of the babbling machine. Not that he held any disdain to the living contraption, in fact out of everyone he’d liked her the most during their journey. Despite the annoyance of frequent questioning, the strange apparatus’s unyielding charisma was far more endearing than the mysterious nature of Xolkin’s crew.

I’m no smith, I just enjoy watchin’ the flames dance.” He responded in turn to Maythread. His words were true, Ehlark had no manner of training in metalworking of any kind. It was for that reason that he found the automaton’s animated nature to be so astounding, though he didn’t outwardly show it. He let his singular gaze hover over her for a second, before glancing up to glance knowingly at Esvele, who’d also apparently been dragged over in all of the excitement. Interestingly enough though, their conversation was cut short by all of the chicken ruckus.

As the butchering continued, Maythread became visibly displeased and left almost as quickly as he had wobbled over. This much Ehlark could sympathize with, there were clean ways to prepare poultry, but none of such methods were being utilized. It was barbaric, but he remained unfazed in his appearance. Despite this, he let his eye glance at their new scholar to check for any reaction on her end, before turning his visual attention to Xolkin as the man made his way over to Maythread. Wordlessly, he paid a keen eye to their interaction, his suspicions keeping him glued to the Mercenary Leader’s actions.

Updates Interactions: TeikiFox TeikiFox Idea Idea
Mentions: Ellya Ellya

 
Last edited:
Part 0-1: The Cloud New

Ellya

oi mate
The High Road
Idea Idea Dethrix Dethrix TeikiFox TeikiFox
Idea Idea
Xolkin, despite his naturally mysterious and even suspicious behavior, seemed genuinely fascinated by May's performance. He grew a smile the stone started to adapt a glow, and when it started to show his name, he laughed out loud. "Hahahah! How marvelous, May! Truly!" As he laughed, he gave the automaton a hearty slap on the back. "Such impressive magics..." he muttered, carefully taking the stone from her and looking at it a while before his eyes moved back to May. They examined her in a way he'd done once or twice before, taking in each element of her build and her form with a look of extreme interest in his eyes.

"Your creator must have been a genius with a mind beyond any mortal, Maythread... Come now. Even if you don't eat, would you join us just for company? My stomach is growling and I would hate to leave you here carving your own name into rocks by yourself..." He extended a hand towards the fire, inviting her to move back to the group, when suddenly a light rumbling sensation shook the ground beneath their feet...

Dethrix Dethrix TeikiFox TeikiFox
Around the fire, the joyful bullying of the nobleman continued, albeit less savagely than before. The occasional comment was thrown his way, but Hommett seemed to have found his feet and his stomach again, simply enjoying the chicken that was given to him. You each were given your own portion as well and as time went on and stomachs were starting to get filled, the camp grew more quiet, just relaxing and enjoying their meals until one of the nine suddenly perked up. She was one of the quiet ones, her face sporting sharp features and a hood covering her head. "... Does anyone else--" she started, but was quickly cut short by the ground seeming to vibrate.

Idea Idea Dethrix Dethrix TeikiFox TeikiFox
After the rumbling, Xolkin hastily made his way back to the camp, where his companions were already grabbing their weapons in a reflex. Before he could get a word out, another wave of shaking took the ground, the fire visibly flickering a bit. "What in the name of S--" he started, but his words as well were cut short by a third wave of rumbling. They didn't seem to follow any kind of pattern, but they were frequent, some more violent than others but mostly seeming harmless where everyone stood. Everyone waited in anticipation and looked around.

~~ Make a Nature check in the Dice thread ~~
If you roll a 9 or higher, your character knows this: It seems too mild to be an earthquake. Possibly there are some large creatures underground, but you can't tell how close to the surface they could be. Either that, or something is going on nearby.
If you roll a 14 or higher, your character knows this: The waves of rumbling aren't any kind of natural earthquake, nor do they originate from any underground creatures. They are created by some kind of intense impact against the ground. Given that you don't see anything close by, you figure that it must be at least a few miles away, which means that whatever is creating this impact is very large for it to be felt all the way over here.

The rumbling continues on for a good 30 seconds.



The Ardeep Forest
Creek Creek Lazaro1505 Lazaro1505
As Rond escorts the two of you through the Ardeep forest, his elven companions seem to finally be relaxing a bit more. Letting their guard down would be too strong of a description for it though. Their eyes kept darting around the forest, carefully checking each tree and brush for potential danger. You get the impression that it would be particularly hard to take this group by surprise.

You had just exited the forest a few minutes ago and followed Rond Arrowhome's squadron of wood elves toward the distant city of Nightstone, watching its wooden walls come closer ever so slowly, when one of the elves exclaimed something that Toric understood as "Halt! Up!" The entire group stopped in their tracks and drew their bows. The elf that had called out was aiming very clearly toward the sky, bow unwavering with not the slightest hint of a tremble in his hand. His arrow pointed above Nightstone, where a large gray cloud hung over the town.

~~ Make a Perception check in the Dice thread ~~
If you roll a 14 or higher, your character knows this: From this distance, it is relatively difficult to spot, but you could swear you see some straight edges peeking out from above the top of the cloud. Almost like something was built on top of it.

The elves turned pale. Rond muttered an Elvish slur under his breath too ancient or obscure for even Toric to know, before he turned his head toward his followers behind him. He seemed to need a moment to swallow and collect himself, but his eyes didn't show any kind of fear. His mouth opened to give an order when he was rudely interrupted by one of his companions screaming the elvish word for "LOOK!"

Something dropped off the edge of the cloud. Something large. It was followed by yet another object of similar size and apparently similar weight, since both came crashing down toward the town at immense speed. A fraction of a second after landing, the ground shook beneath your feet.

Over the course of the next thirty seconds, a barrage of heavy projectiles were dropped from the cloud, seemingly straight into the town of Nightstone while the elves just stood and watched. Some looked afraid, but not Rond. Rond grinned.




"Ahh lass, worrying is for later! Today we drink and feast and dance and even if it rains, we ain't gonna fu--" Morak started cheerfully yelling out as Velrosa shook her head with a smile. He cut himself off pretty quickly when turning his head to check out the cloud though. The dwarf fell silent. This being such a strange occurence, people started to turn their heads to look at him and in turn, up at the strange cloud. Soon enough, an eerie silence took over as everyone just looked at the cloud. Lady Velrosa stood up and furrowed her brow, until suddenly a realization came across her and her eyes widened.

"GIANTS!" she yelled. "Guards, lower the bloody bridge and get everyone out! No one go home, everyone to the bridge, now!" Her orders came quickly and naturally, but the people seemed to need a few seconds to process them. Lionel looked with fearful eyes at Athaclenna before grabbing her wrist and running off with her toward the drawbridge. He was the first, and the moment he moved, panic erupted among the crowd. People screamed and started to run, guards tried to bark orders at each other as they hastily made their way to the bridge as well. In just a few seconds, the party crowd turned into a desperate, clueless mob.

Lionel was still the first to approach the bridge, but he was stopped in his tracks. A giant boulder, bigger than two houses, suddenly crashed down not only onto the ground, but on Lionel. In less than the blink of an eye, the young boy disappeared and in his place now stood that boulder upright in the dirt. More screams ensued and people started to run in seemingly random directions. The impact from the boulder shook the ground so intensely and violently that anyone close by would have trouble keeping their balance. Apparently that included Lady Velrosa herself, who was taken entirely off guard and collapsed through her legs while trying to guide people toward the drawbridge.

One moment, she was on her back. The next moment, only her legs were visible under another giant boulder. Lady Velrosa Nandar, the ruler of Nightstone and beloved by most of its inhabitants, was crushed like a bug.

The drawbridge was starting to be lowered, but it seemed to take forever. Boulder after boulder dropped down into the city, each making a giant shattering impact that shook the ground violently, knocking over drinks and people alike. They crashed into buildings, wood splinters got thrown around like projectiles and stone crumbled. Houses and lives were lost and ruined in an instant. It took only ten seconds for the drawbridge to be lowered enough to be crossed, but those seconds proved fatal for who knows how many of the townsfolk.
 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top