• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Killerie's antennae twitched as she watched the scene unfold, first in curiosity and then in concern. Shen was trying to kidnap Anna? But she was already here! And she'd helped them escape! And... she was nice, and a good person, and-

Shen mentioned the brig and Killerie's brain stalled. She'd been educated back home on ship anatomy, and she was pretty sure the brig was like a jail for the ship. Zark snarled, and Anna quieted him, compliantly heading to the stairs which presumably led to the brig. She started doing calculations, figuring out everybody. Alaric was being paid by Shen, he wasn't going to help. Rhea... was kind of hard to figure out. She had a weird smell. Maybe Elnaril could help, but as bad as she felt, she had to admit he wouldn't be able to help much in a fight at the moment. The bird-lady didn't like Killerie very much from what she could tell, but maybe she'd help Anna? As for the muscled lady who had joined Shen at some point, Killerie didn't even know what her name was.

No, they were outnumbered or outgunned, no matter how she looked at it. Even if she did help, the only weapon she had was the bomb, and that would definitely kill everyone present, which really only left her with one option.

"Er," She stated, tentatively and yet undoubtedly moving forward. "I've never been on this ship before, and Anna knows how to make the engine work." She took a breath, bracing herself. "I don't know how to make it run."

...Nothing happened, to her surprise. She'd just told a blatant lie. Anna had explained how to operate the engine, and an Engineer never forgot how to use technology once taught. Part of her had expected she'd light on fire or something.

Gathering herself, she continued on. "Charlie probably knows how, since Anna told him, but that means he'd have to work by himself. So... I think you should let Anna help. With the engine. To be... helpful?"

After a moment of hesitation, she added, "Anna hired me, not you. If she has to go to the brig..."

Gathering herself up, Killerie raised her body to its heightened state and walked over to Anna, staying at a reasonable distance in case she was still even a little bit nervous around shedlings. "Then I'm going to the brig too. That sounds lonely."

She gave Anna a nervous glance. Was this weird? She really hoped it wasn't weird.

SilverFlight SilverFlight Naberius Naberius andujarprime andujarprime Saturn_moon Saturn_moon Zazz Zazz TheSpeck TheSpeck Lioness075 Lioness075 Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread

Last edited:
Charlie was confused at what happened, but relieved at the same time. That bomb would be very dangerous in this situation. As Shen announced Anna was going to the brig, he didn't think anything of it until Killerie started to protest. The brig! He forgot that was a bad place. He couldn't just let Anna go down there! She didn't do anything wrong. But Shen was also the leader of the group... he was conflicted, so he thought of his choices...

Option one: Defend Shen. Shen was his employer after all, and he was earning a lot of money by coming along. It wouldn't be great to directly defy his plans, and Charlie could possibly get on his good side if he stuck up for him. On the other hand, he didn't know Shen at the slightest. In fact, Charlie couldn't even remember talking to Shen after they received their jobs. He didn't trust Shen at all, nor would he until he at least knew the man a little.

Option two: Defend Anna. He knew Anna, not well but well enough to consider her a friend. And Killerie was also his friend. Killerie was defending Anna, and Anna probably would prefer to stay out of the brig. Also, if he went with Killerie and Anna to the brig, he could easily pick the lock and let them both escape as long as it's a key lock!

After only a few moments, the answer was clear to him.

"Funny thing, I actually suddenly forgot how to work the ship," Charlie said in a squeaky voice, so it was clear he was lying, "And the brig sounds comfy! I'd like to come along also! It's probably nice and dirty down there!" He said, standing confidently in his decision.

Charlie secretly hoped he wasn't being too much of a follower. He seemed to only go along with what Killerie and Anna were doing.... But did he really know anyone else? None of the others had made any sort of an impression on him, so he had no reason to help them... no, he had to stick with his friends. It was still early, if the others wanted to be his friend they could talk to him later. If not, then too bad.

Hazmat44 Hazmat44 SilverFlight SilverFlight

Alaric was beaming. His entire aura was damn near vibrating from excitement. He almost missed what came next. He turned his attention to their path. Securing their heading, and making sure everything was set. He knew how dangerous it was to turn your attention away even for just a second. His keen hearing however did pick up the conversation that was happening just a few feet away. He hadn't expected what came next. He was overtaken at the prospect of more gold, and wearing his hat once more.

After securing the wheel he turned his attention to his crewmates. The conversation didn't seem to be exactly too pleasing. He understood Shen's logic, the precautions needed. But the reactions he elicited from both Killerie, and Charlie caught him off guard. He looked to them each in turn, wondering if he was going to suddenly be looking to make more room in the brig. Or possibly dump a useless body should mutiny be afoot. His years of experience however quickly took over. There wasn't any malice, or even danger in their voices, or their eyes. They were concerned for someone who had become a genuine friend to them. His rough voice cut the air like a clap of thunder as he barked a laugh. "Well, Cap! I'm not sure how many crews you've commandeered. But I'd like to point out, I've never had cause to incite riot, or beckon mutiny. Most definitely not on a maiden voyage at least!" He said laughing through bouts of laughter as he doubled over the railing. "Right Larassa?" He asked while chuckling and walking away from the wheel. The ship was heading steadily away, breaking through the atmosphere. Quickly putting distance between them and the planet.

Hazmat44 Hazmat44 TheSpeck TheSpeck SilverFlight SilverFlight Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread Saturn_moon Saturn_moon Naberius Naberius Zazz Zazz

>>> Searching database

bittersweet /ˌbɪtəˈswiːt/
Adjective

1. Tasting both bitter and sweet.
2. A mixture of happiness and sadness.

>>> Memory Log Initializing

As the city grows smaller beneath my feet, I am overwhelmed by an odd sensation. My programmed database describes it as 'bittersweet' but as I am not equipped with the capacity to taste, I cannot comprehend the full meaning of the word. I can only assume that this could be used to describe many of the drinks served at The Refinery for I have seen many in various states of euphoria and despair while drinking from the same cups.

PS Contrary to the popular phrase "the more the merrier", it would appear that a person's ability to steer a ship does not increase with the number of arms they possess. Initial observations indicate that there may in fact be an adverse effect for every additional arm after two.

Data set: 01
Present data set too limited to prove observations significant. Further data collection is advisable.

>>> Memory Log End

>>> Processing to Internal Database

From this height, the city looked like a colorful woven tapestry not unlike those that used to decorate the walls of Master Van Eck's home. Beautiful and almost perfect, all its imperfections made invisible by the distance, hidden under the more ostentatious details. Chaos left as fast as it had arrived. Quite literally as the stranger in black went careening off the ship when the plank she still gripped in her hand punctured the pouch in his jetpack.

All Rhea could now hear was the whistling of speedy winds and concerned chatter amongst some of the team. Calmly, she dropped the plank onto the deck with a loud clatter and stepped up to the group. "The job was to find the princess. You mentioned nothing about kidnapping." She said soft, emotionless, and far too measured. "As far we are concerned, the job is complete. Anna is free to go as she pleases."

andujarprime andujarprime Hazmat44 Hazmat44 Lioness075 Lioness075 Naberius Naberius Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread TheSpeck TheSpeck SilverFlight SilverFlight Zazz Zazz

Anna blinked, she turned to look at Killerie, and then to the look of shock on her would-be captor's face. Then Charlie spoke up. Anna's expression brightened into a wide smile. She looked gratefully at both of her friends. Shen looked incredulous.
His head inclined slightly towards Alaric's raucous laughter.
"That's very helpful Alaric. Thank you." He growled.

He almost didn't hear Rhea's monotone protest to the situation and glanced in her direction. The android had proven to be impeccably strong, he'd watched her toss several guards off the ship like old toys. He decided to be cautious.
"No dear, Your job was to find the princess. As far as you are concerned the job is complete." Shen corrected her. "My job is to get her to the one who paid you that gold, which, I see you no longer have on your person. If you've used your payment, then the contract stands, if you were concerened about what would happen after you completed your part, you should have asked more questions."

Shen looked back at Anna, who was returning his scowl with a look of controlled smugness.
"Well, it seems if I lock you away, I will no longer have a working engine room...so...against my better judgement I will allow you to remain on the ship unfettered. Seeing as our very next stop is to meet the patron, I don't suppose there is too much trouble you can get into..."

Anna smiled at him and he suddenly found it harder to frown.
"Thank you mr. Shen!" Anna grinned and walked back over to Killerie and Charlie, a bounce in her step, and Zark tailing her with a satisfied expression.
"It's captain!" Shen barked after her. He watched her go, pat Killerie's armoured side and laugh.
He drew a deep breath and made a face. Could he really turn that sweet girl over to the one who had ordered her snatched from her home? Granted that home had tried to kill her, but his employer couldn't have known that...
Shen was back to frowning, in thought this time.

Anna clasped her hands behind her back as she walked with her new friends.
"Thank you, for doing that. Killerie, I hope...is your arm all right? I...I never meant for you to get hurt..." Anna's voice betrayed genuine regret.
Suddenly Anna felt weak. The adrenaline of the moment gone, the reality of her situation came crashing down upon her:
"So..I'm on a strange ship, among people I barely know...headed towards someone who paid to have be abducted from my home...and the captain's word that my home...my..mother, tried to have me killed."
When said out loud it was more than a little distressing, and Anna found she was fighting back tears again. She tried to take deep breaths, tried to be strong. She didn't want to upset her new friends.
Zark nuzzled her hand, from his crouch on the ground and looked up at her.

Hazmat44 Hazmat44 TheSpeck TheSpeck Saturn_moon Saturn_moon

Killerie couldn't help the massive smile from splitting her mouth as the events continued to unfold. This - this actually worked! Shen was letting her stay out of the brig!

It took all of her willpower not to wiggle from sheer excitement as Anna headed over to them, and she couldn't even try to stop grinning. Anna gave her a smile and-

-patted her side.

Killerie involuntarily squeaked at the physical contact as an entirely indescribable level of glee filled her. Anna had PATTED HER. Willingly! Without screaming or shoving or pushing!

So that was what that felt like!

"Thank you, for doing that. Killerie, I hope...is your arm all right? I...I never meant for you to get hurt..." Anna seemed genuinely concerned, staring up at Killerie.

She was quick to brush it away. "I'm okay!" She reassured Anna. "It'll probably grow back in a few weeks. Maybe. Hopefully."

"So..I'm on a strange ship, among people I barely know...headed towards someone who paid to have be abducted from my home...and the captain's word that my home...my..mother, tried to have me killed." Anna's smile faded, and liquid began gathering at the corners of her eyes.

Killerie's mood plummeted along with her friend's, worry instantly replacing it. "Well-"

She paused, trying to find words that would make Anna feel better and coming up short. She could only imagine what it would be like if Zilian wanted her dead, and the thought was crushing.

Moving a little closer, she took a deep breath and braced herself. This was probably a terrible idea. It was also the only one she had.

Lowering herself, she carefully wrapped her legs around Anna's side in the best approximation of a hug she could imagine. Under any other circumstances, she would have been ecstatic at her first hug, but this wasn't for herself. "I'm really sorry," She said quietly. "Do you need anything?"

SilverFlight SilverFlight

Elnaril stayed silent for a time, still breathing heavily from the adrenaline and exertion of the day and not exactly being used to such strenuous activities all at once. With a sigh he rose to his feet again, listening to everyone speak as he wobbled slightly, still clutching the blade he'd held without realizing he'd had it since he left the kitchen. With what strength he had left he forced himself to walk towards the stairs, giving each person he passed a cursory glance but flashing a tired smile towards Anna, and even the large, once terrifying Killerie. As he got closer, he managed to force out a weary sigh and spoke quietly.

"I might not be good for much, but I'd like to think I make a good friend when given the chance. I'm just sorry I couldn't actually do anything. I know I'm a bit of a mess but there's one thing I can do."

He smiled a little brighter and turned to face the majority of the others.

"Give me half an hour and I'll have something tasty prepared. I said I'd do the cooking and I intend on making sure everyone at least has a hot meal that's balanced properly. I take the office of chef very seriously."

And without another word he shambled back down into the bowels of the ship towards the kitchen, setting to work on a dish similar to what he'd given the guards but of a different sort of fish, one which wouldn't render anyone unconscious but would taste as good as any prepared in a first class fine dining establishment. His heart and soul put into the work to prove he had something to offer the crew here, even if he wasn't exactly any good in a fight. Soon, the scents of cooking filled the ship again, wafting up from below, enticing.

Anna seemed surprised when Killerie moved closer, then she realized what the shedling was doing. She stood motionless for a moment, then she shut her eyes tight, tears trailing down her cheek. She hugged Killerie back, throwing her arms around one of the centipede's sections as best she could and burying her face into Killerie's carapace.
"Thank you." She whispered, and she stayed like that for a long while.
Once her emotions had run their course she stood back and wiped her eyes, smiling weakly up at her new friend.

"Come on, let's go see if we can help in the kitchen. The engine should be able to manage itself until we land again."
Anna tugged on KIllerie's arm gently, beckoning Charlie to the door below deck as well. Hazmat44 Hazmat44 TheSpeck TheSpeck

Shen watched her go and made a face. He was many things, and he had squared with most of them, but was he really this? A kidnapper? The thought didn't sit well with him.
"I'm starting to regret taking this job." andujarprime andujarprime Saturn_moon Saturn_moon Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread Zazz Zazz Lioness075 Lioness075

Zark reached the kitchen first, and leapt onto a bar stood that separated the mess hall from the galley. He sniffed the air enthusiastically and hung out his tongue.
"Zark!" Naberius Naberius

Ricotta

A soft plopping noise could be heard as spider Rico suddenly shrunk back into her original sheepish form after not moving for a while. The boggleman stretched her body to release the stress after intense shifting she had done. It had been a long time since she got involved into this much of action, the last time was when she joined the self proclaimed 'evil pirate' of a fellow boggleman called Kokonta the Tiny, which later bloomed into a small intergalactic courier company.

Huh, wait. They practically just took the princess away from the Imperial's guards, did this mean they're now 'evil pirate'?? Shen's muttering about him regretting the job also intensified the feeling in her. It's like the inside of her stomach was twisting uncomfortably... Yup, turns out thinking about all this complicated political things made her hungry, and the wafting delicious scent from somewhere below immediately drawn her attention. She made her way into the kitchen, finding that Elnaril and Zark were already inside. Rico took a plate and lifted it above her head. Her eyes followed the movement of Elnaril's hands as she patiently waited for the foods to finish.

"Rico is ready for food testing." She said, obviously just an excuse so she could eat the food as early as possible.

Naberius Naberius SilverFlight SilverFlight

Charlie watched silently as Anna cried in Killerie's arms. He didn't mutter a word, in fact he was a bit confused. He wasn't going to attack Anna of course, she was his friend, but why was no one yelling at her? No one was telling her to get over it or they were all going to die? It was probably one of those weird things that other species do. He liked this better anyway, though he stayed silent. He didn't feel it was his place to reassure Anna, it seemed that Killerie and Anna were having one of those bonding moments he heard of so many times in story books.

After Anna recovered, she and Killerie decided to go to check on Elnaril in the kitchen. He stayed where he was until Anna beckoned him to follow, then walked over to meet his friends.

As they got lower in the ship, he could smell the pleasant scent of food. Elnaril must be a really good cook..! Wait... It suddenly dawned on him that he would have to eat the food. A sudden rush of nerves came over him. He couldn't eat in front of everyone! He was secretly hoping that they would just be eating granola bars every night so he could hide in a room and get it over with. But Elnaril was cooking them a delicious meal! He couldn't say no to that, he didn't want to offend the kid!

Though Charlie kept casually walking with Killerie and Anna, he was actually having a flashback of the first time he went to dinner with someone who wasn't homeless. The moment was embarrassing... The stares... The horrified looks. It wasn't his fault he didn't have a mouth! He made a fake one for himself, but that was only so he could speak! He wasn't meant to chew things! What if everyone else on the ship gave him those looks too? He couldn't just run away after that, he was in space for goodness sake!

He would figure something out one way or another. He didn't have to worry until he actually received the meal, and he was probably worrying for no reason, so instead of dwelling on his fears he continued into the kitchen where Rico and Zark already were. "It smells good in here, you really didn't lie about being a chef!" He said to Elnaril.

SilverFlight SilverFlight Hazmat44 Hazmat44 Naberius Naberius

One by one, the crew followed the young elf down into the kitchen, for the promise of what she assumed was some much needed nourishment after the day's events. "I'm starting to regret taking this job." Shen suddenly said as he watched Anna pull along the centipede-like alien that was twice her size.

"Why did you?" She responded. "You knew what was expected of the job even if you decided to lie and hide the truth from the rest of us." Had those words been spoken by someone else it might come have come across as crude or even resentful, but from Rhea they carried no hard feelings. Only facts. "I know you said you couldn't care less about Imperials, but that clearly isn't the case either." She glanced back at the door where the princess had freely disappeared through. "So, what else are you hiding? Who are you exactly?"

Last edited:
With the immediate danger out of the way, Calliope nearly collapsed on a crate, adrenaline gone. She quietly observed the others as she clutched her injured side. She was lucky her magic wasn't showy; a warm tingling sensation, like the gentle prickling of a thousand needles, spread across her ribs under her hand. She jolted slightly as a bone snapped back into place, though she hid her expressions well, instead listening in on the conversation Shen was now having.

The blonde glanced over at the winged creature. The woman probably wouldn't fly again, without a healer. Cal wondered if any of the others were healers. She didn't want to out herself, especially so soon. Shen... was not without risk.

Larassa Profile.png
Name: Larassa SovnaNickname: The Raven
Race: KhoelianHome Planet: Khoeli
Occupation: Bounty HuntressEquipment: Knapsack, Bow, Quiver of Arrows (20/20 Normal, 1/1 Grappling), Twin Daggers

When the assassin made his entrance once more, Larassa instinctively growled at him. Though, her one wing was hanging limply at her side now since her balancing act had strained it even further. Blood was dripping through her feathers of her injured wing and also down her cheek from where the assassin's dagger had grazed her. Luckily, her adrenaline was preventing her from feeling most of the pain just yet.

Before Larassa could even think of a move to make, Anna stepped forward and proclaimed herself to be the princess. Seeing the pendant around her neck, Larassa could only sigh in disbelief. This was probably the most chaotic job she had ever taken. Perhaps she should have considered more as to why Shen was paying them so much.

Larassa remained tense while the others all seemed to jump into action to protect Anna. If they wanted to complete the job, they did in fact still need her themselves.
One thing after another happened and next thing she knew, Anna was struggling to remain on the ship. Larassa finally relaxed at the fact that the assassin was finally gone.

Others rushed to Anna's aid while Larassa let both of her wings relax. Holding a clawed finger up to her cheek, Larassa winced at the cut aching and pulled her hand back to see a decent amount of blood on it now.
While everyone else seemed to get settled around her, Larassa found herself a crate to sit on, mindfully sitting away from all of these strangers. She then took off her knapsack, using the buckles fashioned on the straps to allow her to wear it around her wings and take it off more easily. Rummaging through the contents, she found her first aid kit and pulled out the tin. Setting it down beside her, she pulled out a mirror shard the she used to examine the wound on her face.
Since this was most certainly not her first time taking care of herself, Larassa wasted no time pulling out a small bottle of alcohol and soaking a scrap of cloth with it. She then pressed it against the cut and snarled quietly at the sting. She began stitching the wound shut on her cheek, albeit not doing the cleanest job of it.
Meanwhile, her injured wing remained limp beside her, the small hole in it and burnt flesh certainly not smelling too great with the blood she now also reeked of. The blood from the wound on her wing had effectively soaked into the neighboring feathers and she now had a maroon tint to some of them.

@ anyone nearby

Last edited:
Killerie was trying to figure out how she could be helpful.

At the moment, she was following Anna to the kitchen where Elnaril and Zark were, and she was having... thoughts.

A small portion of those thoughts were still excited about the level of technology she was surrounded by, just walking on this ship. A different part was a constant critic, telling her exactly how bad of a decision anything she did was. And a pretty major part was devoted almost entirely to her newfound friends.

The smallest voice of all, one so deep and so quiet she couldn't hear it herself, told her that these people were much nicer than her best friend.

At the moment, however, Killerie was indeed feeling a bit useless. The engine was running fine and that was about the only thing she could actively help with. The hug had been nice - great, even - but inevitably she couldn't help but wonder if there was more she could be doing to help Anna, Elnaril and Charlie.

Because those really were the three people she liked the most right now. Alaric was weird in a very intentional way, she didn't even know the names of two of the other people, the bird-lady didn't seem to like anyone, and Shen was... a rather complex bag of feelings. Rico seemed rather nice, though.

She brightened as she thought of something that could potentially be useful. "Oh! Anna, I forgot to tell you!"

Unlooping the small bag from around her neck, she happily presented it to Anna, careful to keep the top sealed. "I brought a bomb!"

Anna will know what to do with this! She cheerfully thought to herself.

Elnaril hadn't expected people to come rushing down so soon. But he smiled as a number of the others started trickling in, the confident and easy going air something that might seem quite a bit strange coming from the elf. With a lithe grace typically reserved for felines and serpents, his hands deftly twirled cooking implements. In his right, the knife he'd held before now freshly cleaned and dried scythed through vegetables with the same resistance as if it were the air itself, dicing and peeling in seconds as they were added to a steamer. He smiled down at Rico, friendly and appreciative that she'd most likely saved his life.

"Oh hello! Don't worry, it won't be too long before the food is done."

He chuckled and nodded at Zark, giving each of the others a smile in turn. With a lazy toss, he sent an egg into the air before catching it on the back of his hand and letting it roll up his arm, across his shoulders and down the other arm, palming it before cracking it into a pan. The finished eggs diced and added into the vegetables before the mix was added back to the pan, teriyaki sauce added during the mixing process. He turned his gaze to Charlie with a grin.

"Thank you. Everyone else has so many amazing things they can do. I might only have the one but I share it freely with everyone here. I hope you enjoy it!"

His sights turned to a slab of meat, slicing it into small strips and cubes to be added to a separate pot already containing noodles and seasoning, a pan on another burner lighting frying freshly cut fish fillets. It was obvious that he was going all out to impress his new allies and let it be known that he had skills that could be of use too, all while performing a sort of show for the gathered members of their crew showing off his skills. Part entertainer, part chef. That is, until the mention of a bomb drew out a startled yelp from the poor elf, the knife he held slipping and barely missing his thumb as he peeled a potato.

"B-bomb?!"

SilverFlight SilverFlight Hazmat44 Hazmat44 TheSpeck TheSpeck Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread

Shen seemed to go through a series of emotions at once: affront, indignation, uncertainty and finally, stubborn intransigence.
"I never lied. If anyone had asked, I'd have answered clearly. And I do hate Imperials. I have every reason to."
Rhea's emotionless grilling caught him off guard.
"See here, I didn't sign up for the bloody inquisition. I'm captain Shen and that's all you need to know for now. If you want more you'll have to do some sleuthing on your own. But, for that matter, who and what are you precisely? I've never seen an android quite like you. You could pass for a human almost flawlessly. I doubt your creator would have let such a unique instrument go willingly. I won't thank you if you get me into more trouble than I have myself already."
Shen looked around and found a small kit in one of the supply crates. He thrust it at Rhea.
"Here, instead of asking invasive questions how about you help me attend to the injured."

With that Shen approached Larassa somewhat cautiously.
"Might be better with a second pair of hands eh? Can't have my new crew bleeding out seconds before I get them on the ship."
He drew some cloth and alcohol from the kit he held in his hands.
"Permit me to tend your wing my lady?"

Saturn_moon Saturn_moon Lioness075 Lioness075 andujarprime andujarprime Zazz Zazz

~*~*~

"Everything okay Charlie?" Anna could have been wrong, but Charlie seemed like he was thinking about something very hard. Before they kne wit however, they had made it to the galley, and Elnaril was pulling out all the stops to impress the crew with his skills. Anna ruffled Zark's ears as she sat down beside him.
Every time Elnaril did a trick Anna would applaud him, laughing.

Killerie drew her attention with her enthusiasm first, but at the word "bomb" Anna's smile faltered. She caught Elnaril's surprise and bit her lip.
"Oh! Um, a stable one I hope? Did you ah, need help with it? Shall I take a look?"
Anna tried not to sound nervous, but she didn't know Killerie well enough to measure her competence with explosives. It wouldn't do to panic the rest of the crew.

Hazmat44 Hazmat44 Naberius Naberius TheSpeck TheSpeck Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread

Killerie nodded happily. "Of course it's stable! It's not armed right now, and I made it so only a shedling can arm it. You have to use telekinesis to internally slide four pins into place, and a plate out of the way, or else it won't work at all."

Killerie had little confidence in many fields. She didn't know how to cook food, she couldn't shoot a gun, and she wasn't very strong. There were so many people nearby that were so good at doing so many things that she knew nothing about.

But bombs?

Killerie knew bombs.

"It's powered by a chunk of meteorite - it's a uranium-iridium alloy I got as a present a while ago! The immediate blast radius is about..." She stared at the pouch for a moment, running a brief calculation on the payload hovering before her. "...a hundred meters? The concussive wave would be wayyy bigger, obviously, and the shrapnel could probably stretch outside of a kilometer! I've been working on it with-"

Killerie coughed, cutting herself off before she made a mistake. Her best friend was very clear that she wasn't allowed to tell anyone about her! "-a person. Who is also smart. And has friends that like bombs too!"

It took a moment to process the last part of Anna's question and Killerie almost squealed in excitement. "Yeah! O-of course! We can be bomb buddies! I learned a lot about fission detonation processes and thermobaric reactions at Imperialis, so I think I can get it to be even stronger! I mean, I haven't come up with a name for it yet, but I was going to call it Elnannarlie because you and Elnaril and Charlie are three of my four best friends-" Did that count? She briefly wondered, and then dismissed it. "-but if you have any other ideas I really want to know them!"

Killerie finished talking, panting slightly from the semi-rant she'd just released. She had no idea Anna would be so interested in her bomb!

SilverFlight SilverFlight TheSpeck TheSpeck Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread Naberius Naberius

Anna's eyes lit up as Killerie spoke. She rarely ever found someone so enthusiastic about talking tech.
"Someone gave you uranium-iridium alloy as a gift? Your friends sound amazing."

When Killerie was reluctant to speak of who she was working on it with, Anna couldn't help but feel a little suspicious. Secretive people who liked bombs...didn't spell very good things. She gave Charlie a worried glance. Perhaps they should ask about that a bit later.
"Well, as long as its not active, I'd say its perfectly fine. It's not like this ship is devoid of dangerous weaponry. It has some of the most advanced weapons of any battle-class space schooner. You should put it away while we eat though."

Then Anna smacked the counter with the flat of her palm as she thought of something.
"Oh! After the meal we should choose our quarters! I walked passed them, we each get our own! Killerie, you should bunk next to me! We can talk about engineering all night."

After the mild panic of the bomb died a bit Anna used a lull in conversation to say something.
"Elnaril, what you did, up on deck, standing in front of the assassin. That was very brave."

TheSpeck TheSpeck Hazmat44 Hazmat44 Naberius Naberius Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread

Despite the fact that an obviously very dangerous explosive device was present even on the ship, Elnaril couldn't help but feel the corners of his mouth tugging up into a gentle smile. No one had ever named anything after him before, at least nothing pleasant or in a positive way. His hands absently finished carving up the vegetables and began cleaning while his mind wandered. He looked up at them, a bit of sadness but also joy and excitement in his eyes. When he spoke, it was softly.

"No one has...ever done said or done anything like that about me before. I've never...well. Had real friends before. At the academy, I thought I had made them but you see how well that's turned out...Stranded on a world I'd never even heard of before being stuck here alone."

He sighed and turned to monitor the meal as things grew silent, trying to hide that his eyes may have misted over slightly remembering how life had been and the strange twist of fate that lead him here. When Anna spoke, he turned and there might have been a slight pink of embarrassment that flushed through his face before he let out a bit of a laugh, releasing the last bit of stress from the evening and letting his shoulders sag slightly.

"Thank you...Though I wouldn't call it brave. Let's be honest, that was utterly stupid but I panicked and well. I didn't want to lose any of the few friends I've actually managed to make. I've had a bit of a long day. Grandpa always said something about being 1 part brave, 3 parts fool."

SilverFlight SilverFlight Hazmat44 Hazmat44 Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread TheSpeck TheSpeck

Larassa Profile.png
Name: Larassa SovnaNickname: The Raven
Occupation: Bounty HuntressEquipment: Knapsack, Bow, Quiver of Arrows (20/20 Normal, 1/1 Grappling), Twin Daggers

Hearing someone approach her, Larassa assumed it was Alaric, but was disappointed when she shifted and saw Shen instead. Satisfied with her questionable handiwork on her cheek at this point, Larassa set down her own meager kit beside her. She knew she stitches were undoubtedly crooked or misshapen, but she was just satisfied that it was done now.

Except Shen then reminded her of the small hole in her wing and Larassa felt a wave of pain wash over her once more. She instinctively growled when he gestured towards her wing with his own kit. She felt comfortable allowing Alaric to help her with such things, but few other people. Alas, Alaric was busy manning the helm and Larassa knew it was best to let him maintain his focus.

With a disgruntled sigh, Larassa relented and gestured for Shen to go ahead.
"I knew there would be some fighting with a motley crew like this, but did not expect it go astray so quickly."
Every time Larassa spoke, her voice had an undertone that made her sound like she was always growling. It was one of many reasons she found most people preferred to avoid her company.

Glancing around the deck, Larassa noticed most had gone underdeck and then she remembered that their elf boy was supposedly a great chef. She struggled to recall the last time she had actually gotten to enjoy a proper meal without rushing to the next thing or being interrupted.
Seeing as they were all stuck with each other for now, Larassa felt that she could probably enjoy a meal on this ship without worrying too much about trouble from the crew. Though, she felt like they had some unstable crewmembers, so maybe not that safe.

Her mind was distracted by thoughts of real food when she noticed a faint glow in her peripherals. When she shifted to look in that direction, there was no more glow except for the unknown female fighter sitting on a crate not too far off. Larassa felt her suspicion and curiosity instinctively pique at this, but quickly chose to ignore the woman.

Regardless of whatever glow Larassa may or may not have seen, she knew better than to get into anyone's business without a good reason for it.

SilverFlight SilverFlight andujarprime andujarprime Zazz Zazz

Charlie glanced over at Anna when she mentioned his name and nodded in response to her question. He found it a bit odd to be asked if he was ok, since he didn't think he looked sick. Or maybe he did look sick and just couldn't see it? Either way he had no time to ask since Anna's attention was quickly drawn away by Elnaril cooking and Killerie pulling out a bomb.

Charlie didn't react to the bomb, Killerie had shown it to him before so it wasn't surprising. Instead he found a stool to sit on and placed an arm on the table in front of him to rest his head. All the excitement was tiring, he just felt like doing nothing for a while.

Although he was spacing out, staring at a bottle of olive oil perched on a cabinet in the kitchen, he unintentionally started to listen to everyone's conversations. It sounded like Killerie knew a lot about explosives, since she was going on about things he couldn't even begin understanding. Maybe that would come in handy later on if they needed to destroy something?

Next his attention was drawn to Elnaril, who was talking about some things from his past. He was confused why the elf thought what he did was stupid, Charlie personally thought it was brave. The action provided evidence that Elnaril would be a good friend, not because Charlie expected Elnaril to die for him, just because he knew the elf probably wouldn't stab him in the back. Whether or not they ever talked would depend on if Charlie could remember to attempt a possible friendship. He still needed to talk to a few more people to find if they would be a possible friend. Like Rhea and bird girl.... What was her name..? Raven! She seemed aggressive though. At the mention of bunks, Charlie focused and stopped staring at the olive oil.

"Our own bunks? Will we get our own personal drawers??" He asked in awe, then remembered that most other species don't use drawers as beds. "For storage.." he mumbled. He wasn't sure why it made him nervous being around people who weren't the same species, it's not like they were going to judge him for doing things differently...

Or were they?

Hazmat44 Hazmat44 Lioness075 Lioness075 Naberius Naberius
Saturn_moon Saturn_moon

Last edited:
Rhea frowned, confused by Shen's question. Had he not heard her introduction earlier? Or perhaps he had already forgotten her name after the chaos of the fight. Perfectly reasonable. She had been made aware that, unlike her own, the processing unit of people folk was not designed to store every bit of information they came across. As such, their memories tended to be rather transient especially if there were multiple events happening at the same time.

In response, she bowed deeply. "I am the Responsive Humanoid Emulator Assistant 9000. RHEA in short. At your service. I was built as a gift for the Van Eck family and hence do not presently possess any information regarding my maker. I apologize if the questions offended you. It was not my intention." When Shen tossed the first aid kit over, she held it gingerly in both hands. "I am not programmed to be a healer but am happy to assist in any way I can."

Keeping a few feet behind Shen, the young automaton quietly followed him, arms outstretched and still holding on to the kit as instructed, to the biowoman named Raven seated on some crates tending to her wounds. While the rest of the crew had headed below deck, Calliope curiously remained above watching on but still keeping a distance. People folk were very odd sometimes with their contrary thoughts and actions. It was hardly ever just a simple yes or no. One or zero. She could only guess how tiresome that had to be.

SilverFlight SilverFlight Lioness075 Lioness075 Zazz Zazz

Last edited:
With her torso healed, Calliope too a deep breath and stood. Stabby McLongEars was making food for the crew, and the blonde wanted nothing more than a good meal and a warm bed to fall into. Healing was tiresome, and she'd already had enough fighting for the day.

She was about to head down to the lower decks, when she sighed and turned towards the winged woman. She approached, and waved off Shen and "RHEA," as the automaton had called herself. "Go. I'll do it. You're going to ruin her wing." The healer knew that if they stitched it, she'd have a much harder time healing it. "Seriously. Go eat with the others."

Cal dropped to the deck floor with a grunt and sat with her legs crossed. She held out her hands for Larassa's wing, beckoning for her to let the healer work.

"Rhea eh?" Shen repeated idly as he threaded and needle and prepared a cloth soaked in a local anesthetic. He applied the cloth to Larassa's wound with great care, taking away the blood on the surrounding skin and feathers.
"Your introduction falls quite short of what I want to know. I don't suppose these Van Eycks are looking for you are they?"
At Rhea's admission of having no healing protocols Shen wrinkled his nose. "What are you programmed to do then?"

He didn't have time to ask more before Calliope appeared, attempting to shoo him away.
"Oh yes, forgive me, you must be the true wing expert here." Shen retorted impatiently after having his skill criticized. "Lost your own have you?"
Despite his snappish demeanor he stood and, with a glance at Larassa, looking for her permission, he would leave Calliope to it.

Zazz Zazz Lioness075 Lioness075 Saturn_moon Saturn_moon

Larassa Profile.png
Name: Larassa SovnaNickname: Raven

Larassa warily eyed Shen's preparations, more than aware that stitching the wing was going to hurt like hell. She imagined it would not look much better either, but she preferred it stitched shut as opposed to keeping a hole in her wing.
Sure enough, Shen patted her injured wing with the alcohol and Larassa inhaled sharply at the touch. Her claws began to dig into the crate she sat upon, as her patience for all of this thinned.

Then the unknown female who had been sitting nearby approached the trio. Larassa's curiosity piqued once more, as the woman seemed more than confident about taking over fixing her wing. She then recalled the faint glow from the woman's direction earlier and her ears perked up at the thought this woman might actually know healing magic. Larassa had never actually met a healer before and felt her heart speed up a bit at the faint excitement of witnessing the magic firsthand.

Shen continued to speak with the android and Larassa caught the android's name amidst their conversation. RHEA, then. At least she had a name for the being finally. It did fascinate Larassa how realistic RHEA was, minus the whole, well, emotionless tone she tended to use.

Hearing Shen fire back at the possible healer, Larassa rolled her eyes and snorted. She extended her injured wing towards the woman with a wince and waved off Shen.
"Might as well see what she can do before you 'expertly' stab me with a needle," she said with a smirk. Not that she really knew anything about Shen's stitching skills, but it amused her regardless to say this.

SilverFlight SilverFlight Zazz Zazz

Users who are viewing this thread

Back