• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Star Trek RP (OC, MxF, mostly canon)

Mitheral

"Growf!"
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Timeline of Star Trek - Wikipedia
List of Star Trek regions of space - Wikipedia

I am looking for a long term RP partner reasonably well-versed in Star Trek. Your role will be to run a starship, specifically the command of the ship. (I may fill in with some subordinate officers or guest stars.)

Exactly how far forward is up for discussion we begin is up to you. Pick a year - and which timeline (i.e. before or after the Reboot series of movies).

I am thinking along the start date of 2380.

Bear in mind that I haven’t followed ALL the Star Trek histories. I have watched most of TNG. I missed most of DS9, VOY, and ENT, plus missed SSN3 of Discovery. So I am missing large chunks of the fandom. Still, I love the Federation as a concept. That said, the RP will begin aboard a Federation exploration vessel when sensors indicate a space battle ongoing nearby. Naturally your ship diverts to investigate.

The Story
What they could not have known was that the system was claimed by a militant early warp civilization known as the T’sun Dai. A T’sun Dai battestar had arrived in the system having detected the warp signature of the Prometheus as it limped there for repairs. The Prometheus had only been there for a day when it arrived. The T’sun Dai arrived only to discover that the Prometheus had launched a dozen mining drones. This was viewed as claim jumping. They immediately launched starfighters. Then they began to demand the Prometheus cease operations and surrender.

They got no response.

The USS (Enter Your Ship Name Here) had picked up the communications and were duty bound to investigate. They arrived to find the T’sun Dai battlestar and 24 starfighters crippled, presumably by the Prometheus, despite being a fraction of the size of the warship. Oddly enough, the Prometheus appeared unarmed. The T’sun Dai fleet had nothing left but life support. Even the Prometheus was on minimal power.

Scans detected no life forms aboard the Prometheus at first. It was badly damaged. Then they spotted the subspace screen that would block transporters. The hull was composed of nanotechnology that incorporated degenerate matter. Finally they picked up two life forms - both human.

The Prometheus powered up and started moving through the starfighters and grappling them with tow lines to drag them out of the asteroid belt. Once clear it let them go. Then it turned on your ship and opened a hail after ignoring them.

“- - - if you can - - - me, But are you looking to be next?” A human male voice asked. There was no visual. “Nev - - started a fight, but - - - ver lost one.”

It was a comical question. It was like a mosquito challenging an elephant. Still, the guy didn’t sound afraid. Then scans picked up the cloud of nanotechnology headed toward your ship.

The Captain’s response was protocol. It began with an introduction followed by, “The Federation is not in the business of interfering with the affairs of non member worlds.”

The response? “What Federation? The writing on your ship looks like English.” But the nanotechnology swarm stopped its approach.

After that diplomacy was simplified. All the Prometheus wanted was repairs. All the T’sun Dai wanted was their mineral resources. So your ship offered aid in repairs in the Prometheus would surrender what it had mined. Its Captain proved cooperative and threw in the data on several rich mineral sites it had found and tendered an apology with an explanation that his defenses had been automated while he and his crew were in hibernation.

His comm officer had been injured during the attacks and was in serious condition. It was this fact alone that convinced him to lower the shield and allow a medical team to transport over. While the medical team looked the girl over, the Captain agreed to be towed out of the system. Once safely away he formally requested to come aboard. He was in drastic need of medical attention himself but refused to beam over initially - unless your ship wanted to end up like the T’sun Dai. Bottom line was that he had a list of materials to collect to use to fabricate the advanced materials used in his ship’s construction. Then he would have to deploy various systems. Rather than slow your ship down, he asked about launch bays. Once he confirmed that the Federation ship had one available, he asked if he could dock in it.

Small as his ship was, it was too large to fit, His response was a shock. He simply asked for a little time to alter his configuration. Before their eyes the Prometheus began to lose mass and fold inwards on itself. The Science Officer explained that the Prometheus appeared to employ a space folding technology to achieve multiple functions. The technology had been considered long ago, but was abandoned for safety reasons. But in this case, the folded sections were unmanned. It was the first ship of its type, despite the antiquated design of the ship.

The Prometheus sprouted prehensile cables as it entered the docking bay, attempting to secure itself and avoid striking walls. Clearly he didn’t trust the tractor beam or the artificial gravity of your ship. His ship was surprisingly resilient despite its condition and age. It had been built to last.

By the time he limped down the ramp of his ship, which was formed with something that resembled liquid metal, Diane was already in Sick Bay. He didn’t look so well himself. Diane had suffered electrical burns, freezer burn and some bruises from being thrown about. The doctor was fairly certain she had been in cryogenic suspension when the battle had begun. Duncan looked worse. Multiple electrical burns, effects from explosions, frostbite and exposure to vacuum. He stood there, trying to look unaffected by everything.

“Jonathan Rhand of the Starship Prometheus. Permission to come aboard?”

(Jonathan is an alias Duncan used to travel incognito.)

Optional: The scene can also be the recent past, with the Rhand and his ship dropped off at a DS9 type setting. Or even sent back to Earth.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back