• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Star Ascension

Adira chuckled and replied, "Whenever you want." She saw Doc and gave her a wave.

Doc walked over and sat beside her to drink her coffee. "You seem peppy this morning."

"I miss you already," Miles writes to her.

Apollo slides into the seat beside Doc. "It's nice to see you cheery once in awhile, Adira. What's the occasion?"

Adira is obliged to set her phone down. "I just get to meet with some captains today,get talked at by a few people I'm going to make sure to mock. Then I'm thinking I'm going to go to some of the markets around here, since we're at dock for a bit and all. Should be fun," she lied. While she trusted Doc, she still didn't know who had spied on her and Miles.

"Well," she said in a tone like she was giving up a secret. "I'll be honest, I'm also going to maybe meet an old friend. I haven't seen her since we were in college." If they had any suspicions that ought to abate it, especially from Apollo.

Adira paused and looked at him suddenly, like she was peeved - or had figured something out. "Because I don't need to be. Why do you ask?"

"Cause you're always with him and making googly eyes at him. What's the deal?" Apollo rests his chin on his palm.

Adira glared at Apollo as things fell in place. "First off, you're wrong. Second off, have you been watching me? Or trying to, from the sound of it."

Adira immediately stood and said, "You fucking sent that picture you prick! Why would you do that?! I'm completely within my bounds, and you are out of yours! Why?!"

A fuse goes off in Apollo. He stands too and yells, "Because I fucking love you and I don't want you to hand around that shady asshole! I've liked you for so long and now you're suddenly being flirty and going to bed with some fucker we don't even know!" All eyes were on them.

Adira was glad that there were very few people around. She was both shocked and offended. "We do know him, and I don't need your approval anyway! You can't be mad at med when you never told me anything, you never expressed anything, no! Don't try to make that my fault! And he's not an asshole, if anyone here is, it's you! Don't go acting like all I do all day is fuck him!"

Doc decided to intervene and stood between the two. "Both of you go cool off! Separate directions!"

"Don't butt in, Doc." Apollo sneers. "God you're fucking clueless, Adira. I've been here for you for so long and now when the new guy shows up you fall head over heels for him?! Don't be surprised if he leaves you high and dry one day." Apollo turns around and storms out of the cafeteria.

"Don't be surprised that I never fell for you, with an attitude like that!"

Doc reached out and put her hand over Adira's mouth. "Shut the hell up, Captain."

Apollo struggles to keep whatever cool he has left. He punches the nearest thing as soon as he's out of the cafeteria, which is a robot cleaner vacuuming the hallway floors. The cleaner's control screen shatters and Apollo leaves the ship.

Adira looked at the few people in the cafeteria and said, "I'd ask for this to be kept private, but I know it won't be." She texted Miles, "Something just happened. May be a little hung up."

"Apollo," was all she replied. She looked at Doc and said, "I'm leaving," and strode out the door. She texted Miles again, "I'm gnna be there in fifteen minutes."

"I'm just outside the ship at the dock" Miles writes back. He goes to a vendor nearby and buys Adira a large wild cat stuffed animal to help her feel better with whatever was going on. He goes back to his seat on a bench.

Adira walked out soon after and said, "You won't believe what happened. I don't even want to talk about it I'm so mad." She ked at the bag in his hand. "What's that?"

"This is for you. In case you were super upset." Miles takes the big stuffed animal out of the bag and gives it to her with a smile.

Adira's expression changed in an instant to pure glee. "Miles, he's so cute! Thank you!" She reached out and took the animal, hugging it to her chest. "I never had one of these before, I always wanted one."

"Yes!" She hugged the stuffed animal even tighter than before, then hugged Miles. "This is the best gift ever, Miles."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back