• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Star Ascension

Adira returned the hug and nestled her head into the crook of his neck. "I love you." After a bit of silence, she said, 'Apollo was the one who sent the complaint."

Miles frowns and puts her down to look at her. "What? Are you serious? Why would he do something like that, I thought you guys were friends?"

"I thought so too. He started yelling at me, saying he loves me and I just never noticed it, and now that you're here he's calling you some stranger 'we don't even know', which is ridiculous, you've been with us for a little while now. What was it he said? 'Now that some stranger is here you fall head over heels for him.' And he was saying how he's always been there for me, etcetera, but how was I even supposed to know? Can't blame me for not knowing.

Miles frowns and rests his hands on her waist. "It's not your fault. You're not obligated to like everyone who cares about you. I don't understand his logic, I have been here for awhile. But I guess you stay dumb stuff when you like someone," Miles sighs.

"Sure but it's not an excuse. He's always been kind of a prick anyway. Of course his little plot fell through, because we're allowed to date as long as it doesn't interfere with anything." Adira leaned her head against his shoulder. "Now he might try to raise hell though."

"Or maybe he'll shut up for good now that he knows his suspicions of us liking each other are true," Miles says, a bit hopeful. He didn't want interference or drama.

"I guess I forgot to mention that this took place in the cafeteria. At a very, very loud volume. Insults included. Chrice as my witness." As she said that, she got a message on her phone from Chrice. "I knew you two were dating, you cuddled together in my medbay. I didn't account for anyone else, though. I'm sorry about that."

"Not stress so much as annoyance." She looked down at the stuffed animal in her lap. "See, what am I going to do with him now? I can't kick him out, I'd get in trouble. I can't do much, really. But now the whole ship probably knows about us."

"Maybe you can chat with him someday soon about keeping everything professional here. Tell him not to lose his head over this," Miles suggests.

"Yeah, I should. Not today, though, I'm still mad at him. Let him sulk." Adira chuckled and hugged the stuffed animal again. "I still can't get over that you gave me this."

"You don't have to," she said with a blush. "What if someone came into my room and I have a huge pile of these things everywhere? I would lose face...." That wasn't to say she didn't want them. Just the she didn't want people thinking she was a child.

"I can't promise that, silly, there's maintenance and private meetings in my room. Maybe I could hide them, though. Only take them out when I'm having bad nights. Except this one, he can stay out all the time." She kissed Miles's cheek. "I can figure it out."

"Well, that's good of you." Her phone blipped, and she realized that Chrice had messaged her. "Chrice wants to talk with me. Catch up with you later?"

"Thank you," she said. She gave him a kiss on the cheek, then headed into the ship.

In two weeks' time, they were back to exploring. This time, the area was rather like a desert. Adira was with a group of their security officers, Mason included. They were going to show her an area they had found that seemed to have traces of intelligent life - wells and flagstone had been laid out, seemingly. All humans were obligated to have helmets on, as the air was poisonous.

Adira went ahead of the group a bit to look closer at something that glittered and had caught her eyes. It seemed like a polished stone. She knelt down and picked it up, turning it over in her hands as she inspected it. It seemed like rough emerald.

The next thing she knew, a spear landed next to her. Over the dunes nearby , she could see a strand of satyr-like creatures, seeming to be half lizard and half goat. Using their communication link, she said to the security officers, "We have company."

While she had faced the group over the top of the dunes, she had neglected to consider that the area behind them had hidden enemies as well, and was consequently shocked when she felt a spear go through her back, and another hit her helmet. Her helmet could not be broken, but the visor cracked and a few pieces of glass fell out, resulting in the outer air coming in. It was honestly merciful that her helmet had broken, as she had passed out in seconds, before the pain of her body being run through with the other spear hadn't quite set in.

Last edited:
Mason and another fighter found her first. Mason immediately calls for medical attention then starts shooting at the enemies, standing over Adira. When enough security came for backup, he kneels beside Adira and uses emergency tape to try and cover the hole without further cracking the glass.

When the medical crew comes, they immediately grab Adira first then anyone else who was injured. She is rushed to the medbay where Doc is already waiting for her.

Doc had kicked out any nurses who weren't especially experienced, and had called some on their work day. Only the best were allowed to help with the procedure, since Adira was practically dead already. The first point of business was removing her helmet, then her jacket and undershirt. They worked swiftly, but getting her stable was a challenge.

Apollo sees everyone milling around in a panic. He looks confused and stops someone. "What's going on?" He asks.

"The Captain was injured. The air got into her helmet and she was shot, apparently she's in critical condition," The man says in a panic. Apollo's eyes widen and he immediately runs to the medbay. He pushes through everyone in the halls and sees that one operation room is occupied. He can see people in cots through the glass walls. "Shit. Shit shit shit," Apollo hisses and assumes Adira is in the operation room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back