• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Splicers - I Am Legion - OOC Thread

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Ok missy! You are in trouble now! I'll shake my cane at you once I'm done drinking my Ensure! Lol

You are a real pain, you know that? But I guess that's why I like a kid like you so much.

From what I hear, that should say way, waaaaay back, since you both are so very old. Like, dinosaur old. Fred Flintstone was your neighbor old.
Fred Flintstone? Naaah! Lady, I'm so old, I served food at The Last Supper as the senior waiter! Methuselah took one look at me and said, "Dang! And I thought I was old!" Dinosaurs saw me and asked, "How'd you get here first?" =)

Just dropping a quick note to say Merry Christmas! Hopefully you have a great day, no matter what holiday you celebrate.

Hey everyone. Hopefully everyone had a great holiday. As a gift from me to you guys, don't worry about the advance of the twenty bio-e points. They are yours free and clear.

Wooo!
Then I am damn sure not getting a camoflauge unit, it has NO listed mechanical effect.

Like maybe it helps you hide, but they have ultraviolet vision, and heat detection and fucking radar. 9 mile radar.
And again it has no listed mechanical effect of stopping or reducing any of them.

It is however enough for me and my bird to get our bone armor!!

Which Is going to look like white full plate, because that's the vibe.

Which book/page is the bone armor in? I want to take a look at it, but I'm not sure how its listed.

Ok, thanks.
"Horned Defence" main book page 83

Horned Defense: This is a kind of specialized heavy body armor that adds 80 M.D.C. to the main body and 30 M.D.C. to each of the arnlor's other locations. Any and all hand to hand at-tacks directed against the Host Armor with a strike roll of 12 or less mean the attacker will hit one of the horns and inflict dam-age to himself. The hom does 2D1O M.D. to the attacker. Unfortunately these horns are too broad and mounted in too awkward of positions to be used as effective weapons in hand to hand combat, but help to block and absorb attacks directed at the character wearing the Host Armor (represented by the addi-tional M.D.C.). The horns are strongly anchored to the armor and each has an M.D.C. of 22 points. Horns are arranged in rows extending outward from the spine, from just below the ears and down the back at regular intervals, right down to the sides of the legs. Each of the shoulder blades and shoulder joints have horns that extend down to the elbow joints in pairs. The overall effect looks very similar to an Ankylosaurus dinosaur. Mega-Damage: As noted above, any attacker rolling a 12 or less cuts or impales himself on one or two of the horns and takes 2DI0 M.D. Meanwhile, a running ramlbody block by the Host Armor inflicts an extra 2D6 M.D. (in addition to the usual punchIP.S. damage for the character). Bonuses: + 1 to parry and + 1 to disarm. Bio-E Cost: 30 points. Prerequisite: Horns (any size, see genetic weapons).

You sure you don't want the Chameleon Skin? If not, you can go ahead and get the Horned Defense.

You sure you don't want the Chameleon Skin? If not, you can go ahead and get the Horned Defense.
It doesn't work while moving.

Likelihood of Remaining Unseen/Camouflaged: 90% Undetectable if completely still; +5% if laying flat on the ground. 70% Undetectable if moving 2 feet (0.6 m) per melee round or slower. 50% Undetectable if moving 3 feet (0.9 m) to 4 feet (l.2 m) per melee round. 30% Undetectable if moving 5 feet (1.5 m) to 7 feet (2.1 m) per melee round. 10% Undetectable if moving 8 feet (2.4 m) to 10 feet (3 m) per melee round. Totally ineffective if moving any faster.

(I was wrong before it does have a mechanical effect)

But the odds are so low that it seems worthless?

Like our mission is to sneak into a place and get back out that's movement.

If we move at 2 feet per round, we get caught, because it's 30% chance each, multiplied by (0.5 X the number of feet we need to move while visible)

And at 10 feet per round it does nothing.

I can see it being an additional layer for people who can do stealth, but I don't even know what the penalty is for a 2 ton 9 foot griffon trying to sneak is (A lot?)

Just wanted to be sure.
I'd like to hear from the team. On one hand it seems, kind of bad (partially due to the nature of % instead of contested rolls means no matter how good you are it may not matter fairly often.)

One the other hand, I don't want to hold the team back from being sneakier.

And if nothing else we can lie down to hide when they get close and hope they pass us without noticing.
(ignoring that their sensors have a 9 mile range and ours 1 mile, which among other things is impossible given that planets fucking curve)

Mirgris Mirgris Psychie Psychie Sherwood Sherwood

Disclaimer: My head's not right at the moment. Part of it's fatigue from a full day, this full moon, and I'm certain my heavy ADHD is playing a part. I don't mean to be negative or anything less than civil; please pardon me if my words come across as anything less. Also, Mirgris, have you kicked COVID then? You're back to your usual posting style! I hope this means you're feeling better?

* * *​

Ahhh... sorry to be the party-pooper here but yeah - I do have some problems with this choice. This is primarily a Stealth mission. As a Deliveryman, my character sees a helicopter-sized non-camouflage-capable griffin as a rather large liability.

Chaska's ideas behind working Camouflage involve the following:

1. Pretty Bird serves as a taxi. He's (is it a "he" Mirgris?) is able to carry Lance on his back and Toni and Chaska in its talons (each Host armor weighs 300-600 lbs.; Pretty Bird can carry 1,200 lbs. in his talons plus Lance on his back).

2. Pretty Bird flies silently, preferably gliding when possible, and at all times NoE (a.k.a. "Nap of the Earth" - under radar; usually about 200 feet or so above ground and trees, etc.) while we keep our Host Armor-boosted senses, Pretty Bird's senses, and Woodstock's sesnes, open for any unusual activity. Spotting danger first is paramount.
3. Upon first sign of said activity, land, use Camouflage, and do not move until said activity is deemed to not to be a mission-liability. I feel the entire idea behind Camouflage is not to try and use it like Stealth Field; that means no movement. (In other words, we move like a Green Beret MACV-SOG or LRRP team from Vietnam if you are familiar with those Special Forces units. If not, it generally means we avoid all contact until we reach mission objective. We see a nice cache of Bio-E or whatever on the way there? We mark it, maybe trap it, and maybe come back for it, but otherwise waste no time on it. Don't get greedy or complacent.)

3a. We have a week to get this done. Not knowing the geography of the land, I still get the impression time is on our side, hence going "low and slow" to the facility.

4. Upon finding the facility, Pretty Bird stays outside, Camouflage, and absolutely still. He stays put until we come back.

5. On foot, and using Camouflage, we go in. Lance, Toni, and Woodstock watch/cover Chaska's backside while he uses his Stealth Field to drop the Squealers on mission-rich objectives. Whatever happens, we avoid all enemy contact (including planting the Squealers in spots hard to find/reach for the Machines). No sightseeing, no getting curious and no moving off-target; we see something of interest, we take note of it and leave it alone. We see prisoners? War trophies? We get a good look at 'em and we leave 'em . Let Chief Rybeck decide.

6. Upon planting Squealers, we quietly depart. Rendezvous with Pretty Bird. Then we di-di (Vietnamese for get out of there) preferably without a single shot fired.

Any way you look at it, this plan requires Camouflage for the entire team. Meaning silence and secrecy are key. Not luck. Not anything else. If you'd rather drop Chaska off and wait with Pretty Bird, Chaska's up for that too.

I'm brain-tired. Everything I wrote just now is only a rough draft. You guys and gal tell me what your thoughts are and we'll either scrap this plan entirely or someone else gets to come up with a better one.

Thoughts?

Well thought out, even with your brain giving you fits right now. I leave the decision up to you guys as how to proceed.

Well thought out, even with your brain giving you fits right now. I leave the decision up to you guys as how to proceed.
I thank you for the freedom of that choice and the Well-writtens you put in my posts in both games. I guess some matters come easily whether Real Life is cooperating or not. =)

I'm brain-tired. Everything I wrote just now is only a rough draft. You guys and gal tell me what your thoughts are and we'll either scrap this plan entirely or someone else gets to come up with a better one.
I was assuming we would use the birds digging speed once we got close, because the machines explicetly suck with underground stuff that's why humans live there.

But I'll write up a bigger blrub once I have slept more.

Yes I feel mostly recovered from Covid, just holiday busy-ness now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back