• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Sorta multi-genre Superhero Roleplay

I know there are quite a few people here already but I wanted to express my interest too... there was a roleplay similar to this that just flat out died and I was having fun with it.

But question - villains? I'd love to bring back the character I used in the roleplay I stated previously (though obviously adapted for this one) so I was wondering on your position on villains. If you stated about them sooner I apologise - I have skimmed through your first post only briefly (it is two minutes past midnight and that is my excuse) so I will return and read it again...

Or maybe I'll not use that character if you accept me - who knows? But knowing whether you'd allow a roleplayer to sit on the other side of the fence would be useful.
I have stated this in the thread indirectly and to others in private, but yes villans are allowed like any other job and hobby that could be had in this world (except any that prevent my ability to work the world, but those will be dealt with case by case). In any case, the way of application will be the same as a hero, and I will even allow people to have multiple characters.

i want a villain too honestly. i have an adapted version i'd prefer not to use

I have stated this in the thread indirectly and to others in private, but yes villans are allowed like any other job and hobby that could be had in this world (except any that prevent my ability to work the world, but those will be dealt with case by case). In any case, the way of application will be the same as a hero, and I will even allow people to have multiple characters.

Ahah, excellent, excellent. I would not be afraid to have multiple characters. Hero and villain maybe. Or two villains. Or two heroes. I'll also tell you now that I'm dedicated to whatever roleplay I'm in. I have a soft spot for this innocent sort of idea... it's simple and fun, offers a wide variety of personalities. That being said, I'd like to see it go further than the one I spoke about before, hence why I'm saying this. You have put a lot of work into it, I feel. I'd love to get involved.

Ahah, excellent, excellent. I would not be afraid to have multiple characters. Hero and villain maybe. Or two villains. Or two heroes. I'll also tell you now that I'm dedicated to whatever roleplay I'm in. I have a soft spot for this innocent sort of idea... it's simple and fun, offers a wide variety of personalities. That being said, I'd like to see it go further than the one I spoke about before, hence why I'm saying this. You have put a lot of work into it, I feel. I'd love to get involved.
tbh a lot of my RPs don´t go too far because I´m demanding and structured, which a lot of rps don´t ask of their players. Hence my emphasis on making sure everyone understands this is gonna be complicated before they sign up.

tbh a lot of my RPs don´t go too far because I´m demanding and structured, which a lot of rps don´t ask of their players. Hence my emphasis on making sure everyone understands this is gonna be complicated before they sign up.

I want to be a writer.
So this is... complicated is... fine. More than fine. Welcomed. Very much so!
I'll give the first post a more detailed read-through tomorrow so I know what's going to be happening. But thank you for clarifying earlier.
It looks like it's going to be a fun ride.

I want to be a writer.
So this is... complicated is... fine. More than fine. Welcomed. Very much so!
I'll give the first post a more detailed read-through tomorrow so I know what's going to be happening. But thank you for clarifying earlier.
It looks like it's going to be a fun ride.
I hope so as well. And a lot of us Rpers aspire to be writers :)

I hope so as well. And a lot of us Rpers aspire to be writers :)

I've noticed there are a lot of aspiring writers.
Seems to be why a lot of us are here - good and fun practice.
I'm looking forward to this!

I am ... intrigued. Was looking at your partner search a few months back and tossing it up, but I had too many RPs ongoing at that time. Fortunately I've got a free slate now, so that's given me some space.

Questions. Many questions. Well ... some questions.

1: Regarding content minimum - would you permit a "two phase" post in certain situations? To clarify -

Let's say I write up a post. This post contains most elements of your content minimum - but I want to intentionally leave out other elements. Maybe it's just an aesthetic thing, maybe it's to make the body of the post flow better, maybe it's to emphasize the most important elements. Would you accept this if I detailed the absent elements in brackets below the body of the post? Example:

"X stepped up to the plate, his brow level and eyes forward. Shapes flickered into blurs at the edge of his vision and noises drowned into ambience. He had no attention to spare - his opponent watched on with a piercing stare."

(X has walked up the stairs and is standing on the podium, glaring across the arena floor at Y { @PlaceholderPlayerName }. He is standing about sixty feet away from Y. He appears to be concentrating, ignoring the cheering and thrashing of the audience. Seeing his opponent is focusing on him, he does the same. He's anxious, but he doesn't want to show it. He maintains a calm glare toward Y.)

Not the best example, only whipped it up in a moment - but I think it portrays my question. Can I intentionally leave out details in the body of a post, then include specific details in a spoiler box at the bottom of my post?

2: How much worldbuilding leeway are we being given in backstory creation? Are we permitted to create, manipulate and describe major organizations in this world? Minor organizations? Places and cities our characters come from? Or will you be building and providing for us the necessary setting information?

3: I have a habit of abusing the shit out of any small ability I can get my hands on. That is to say, I love finding and exploiting niche uses of seemingly useless powers. What's your stance on unorthadox but creative power abuse? Is that something you'll put a stop to, or something you'll allow? I can run with it either way, but it's something that would be good to know.

Eh, only 3 questions for now - but I'll likely have more later. Give me some time to think of them.

In closing - I too shall put my name forward for co-GM. I'm of the philosophy that "your friendly neighborhood authoritarian" is the best approach to moderating roleplays, I'm naturally pedantic, and I have a habit of playing The Devil's Advocate. I could do with some GM experience.

I am ... intrigued. Was looking at your partner search a few months back and tossing it up, but I had too many RPs ongoing at that time. Fortunately I've got a free slate now, so that's given me some space.

Questions. Many questions. Well ... some questions.

1: Regarding content minimum - would you permit a "two phase" post in certain situations? To clarify -

Let's say I write up a post. This post contains most elements of your content minimum - but I want to intentionally leave out other elements. Maybe it's just an aesthetic thing, maybe it's to make the body of the post flow better, maybe it's to emphasize the most important elements. Would you accept this if I detailed the absent elements in brackets below the body of the post? Example:

"X stepped up to the plate, his brow level and eyes forward. Shapes flickered into blurs at the edge of his vision and noises drowned into ambience. He had no attention to spare - his opponent watched on with a piercing stare."

(X has walked up the stairs and is standing on the podium, glaring across the arena floor at Y { @PlaceholderPlayerName }. He is standing about sixty feet away from Y. He appears to be concentrating, ignoring the cheering and thrashing of the audience. Seeing his opponent is focusing on him, he does the same. He's anxious, but he doesn't want to show it. He maintains a calm glare toward Y.)

Not the best example, only whipped it up in a moment - but I think it portrays my question. Can I intentionally leave out details in the body of a post, then include specific details in a spoiler box at the bottom of my post?

2: How much worldbuilding leeway are we being given in backstory creation? Are we permitted to create, manipulate and describe major organizations in this world? Minor organizations? Places and cities our characters come from? Or will you be building and providing for us the necessary setting information?

3: I have a habit of abusing the shit out of any small ability I can get my hands on. That is to say, I love finding and exploiting niche uses of seemingly useless powers. What's your stance on unorthadox but creative power abuse? Is that something you'll put a stop to, or something you'll allow? I can run with it either way, but it's something that would be good to know.

Eh, only 3 questions for now - but I'll likely have more later. Give me some time to think of them.

In closing - I too shall put my name forward for co-GM. I'm of the philosophy that "your friendly neighborhood authoritarian" is the best approach to moderating roleplays, I'm naturally pedantic, and I have a habit of playing The Devil's Advocate. I could do with some GM experience.
1. The content minimum has the purpose of assuring the presence of key elements without necessarily forcing a certain length tha could nevertheless not provide them. It is there to assure that there is always an understanding of the conditions the characters are in and thus give the one responding a bit more room for what they can do.
To put it short, yes that two part works because the information is still around. However, because it may be disappointing or strange for your partner to read your post segmented like that, don't do it unless you absolutely have to.

2. Players willl be given quite a bit of leeway. I will begin by providing some basic information, but so long as players meet three rules, they can make up whatever they want. These rules are:
1. Don't contradict past information or other rules
2. Don't state absolutes (such as "they are the wealthiest company " or "the fastest" or "anyone would fall in love right away")
3. Don't create hints to an extent that interfieres with my ability to guide the plot or to kept characters confined within the proper boundaries of space/time.

3.My principle in ability is judgement is "if something can be explored it will". By principle, if an ability can be overpowered in of itself, then it will be turned away at once. However figuring out smart and creative ways to make the best of every ability , maybe even finding a way to make them really powerful will be encouraged.

4. Very well, I will add you to the co-GM ranks along with the other one. I only got two volunteers, so I guess I can take them both.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back