• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here

bi_and_ready_to_di

Magic Eight Ball
EA2800FE-DA5A-4A59-93B2-2F96275DA650.gif
OOC chat
Anyone who has lived in a small town knows that news travels like wildfire. If something happens, or some secret is spilled, the whole town will know. Such was true for a small town in Missouri, tucked along the river in a mass of ancient oaks and sycamores. To anyone who didn’t know better, life in this town looked simple. Students attended the small school during the week, and spent the weekends partying, as with most towns. But deep within the community, something much darker had made roots, spreading through them like a plague.

From the year 2002 to the year 2005, the government used an area in the forest outside the town as a sort of test site for an unknown substance. In those three years, the substance seeped over the land and into the ground and water, causing trees to gnarl and contort, animals to deform, and several types of plants to turn black and become covered in a sort of black slime that smelled of sulfur and lime. However, the most drastic effect was seen on a few children born in that three year time frame. As these children grew older, they developed certain... unnatural abilities. Powers, some might call them. These powers weren’t seen as a blessing, or as something special. The families of the effected children were forced to keep the child’s ability secret, out of fear of retaliation or worse, like kidnapping, murder, or abduction for government testing.

Now, ashamed and living in fear, these teens have to navigate through high school and real life, keeping themselves secret. Most are even unaware that there are others who were affected in the same way, leading to more shame. What’s more, the lack of education and the stress of having to hide and control their powers has only gotten worse over the years, and slowly but surely these teen’s powers are getting stronger and harder to control, and it’s just a matter of time until someone loses control and causes a domino effect, exposing the secret that has been hidden for so long. Will the affected teens find each other and find peace, or will they lose control?

Last edited:
Rules
1. Post all character sheets in the ooc thread and wait til I approve you to post. I have provided a character sheet below, but you may use your own.
2. Try to write a decent amount please, at least a paragraph or two. I do get writers have off days, so I won’t be too hard on anyone. Just no one liners please!
3. Your character can have one power.
4. If your character’s power has something to do with kind control or controlling others in general, do not make let the ability be too overpowered.
5. LGBTQ is accepted, do not discriminate.
6. Talk about it in the OOC thread before doing any major plot changing drama.
7. Be somewhat active, if you don’t post for over a week I will assume you left. That being said, if you check in with me and let me know what’s going on, I will not assume you left.
8. Try to keep powers unique if you can, let’s not have four people who can be invisible.
9. The character limit is 2.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back