• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Small Group, Medieval Fantasy War Story Partner Search! (Open)

GojiBean

Your resident irradiated Kaiju King
Roleplay Type(s)
Hoyo!

I'm looking for 2-3 people who like medieval fantasy and war story RP's to join me for an adventure!

Fair warning, this RP is going to be a bit of an acquired taste. Despite being focused on war it's not going to feature any characters who are badasses and capable of turning the tide of war all on their lonesome.

(Here's where I get a bit facetious to weed out those I know I don't want to RP with... Hehehe.)

If you have an ego and always want your character(s) to be a badass and dominate in fights, always have them know the best solution to any problem, seemingly never have to worry about fatigue, or they can automatically adapt to any situation whether there's combat or not even though there's no mention of ever having been trained to do so or having any experience with such changes anywhere in the character sheet, then this isn't the RP for you (GojiBean is glaring at his younger self... 😒).

Anyway, let's get into the nitty gritty!!

The Premise

A Revolution is taking place in a nation ravaged by a tyrannical dictator's oppressive and destructive rule. Our characters will be members of this Revolution, and the RP will focus on their exploits as they attempt to survive the day-to-day challenges that one must endure when it's a David vs. Goliath conflict.

The Past... And The Current Situation

The nation is Veilbrand. And their King and Queen, once beloved rulers who governed with a fair, though acceptably firm hand, have been murdered and the throne usurped by arguably the worst possible person... A disgruntled and disgraced former General of the Veilbrand Military, Eagon T'housen (pronounced "Ee-gon" "Tau-sen"). Immediately upon his ascension to the throne he issued four orders which all took place in the course of one day:
  1. His first order was to abolish the Senate (murdering them in the process) to give himself absolute authority
  2. His second order was to execute any and all military leaders who didn't swear immediate and absolute fealty to him
  3. His third order was to restructure the military by giving it two branches: the combat branch and the "informational" branch (really the espionage branch whose purpose is to spy on the other nations)
  4. Send out waves of soldiers to the villages nearest to the capital and burn them to the ground, along with their inhabitants who were all locked inside their homes, as a demonstration of his power, authority, and dedication to fulfill any "promises" made to the people should they ever think about questioning him
That was 10 years ago... And Veilbrand is not what it used to be.

The following life elements in Veilbrand are among the most heavily impacted by Eagon's rule:
  • The economy is in shambles as all material wealth has been siphoned and focused into the capital city of Valoc leaving the rest of the nation in extreme poverty
  • The former national religion, a polytheistic practice called Sru'ta, was abolished and all churches were vandalized but left standing (a nice way of demoralizing the more faithful of the population)
  • The eight largest crop fields and the four largest cattle farms/slaughter houses were burned down, and the overseeing families were killed to cripple the stability of the civilian population's food manufacturing efforts
  • The two largest freshwater rivers which flow through the heart of the nation are tainted by a steady stream of garbage and debris being dumped into their sources once every month to make drinking from them unsafe (this is both simply an act of cruelty, and a way for Eagon's forces to divert civilian traffic to the safer water sources where they can more easily keep an eye on them and keep an ear open to their whispers, rumors, etc)
  • The borders are all locked down with military checkpoints, and all traders and trading caravans are searched before being funneled to the capital in order to keep the civilian population deprived of outside resources
  • The Southern mountain pass has been blocked by a large barricade to prevent any and all access to trade or outside help from Gwenyura (despite the treaties which were never abolished but are now no longer honored by Eagon)
  • All doctors, nurses, and other medical practitioners have been exiled, imprisoned, or killed to prevent proper care of the Revolution's sick and injured
  • Propaganda against the Revolution abounds in every city, town, and village in the nation (the purpose is to vilify them to the populace in hopes that nobody will want to join them, or will turn them in if they notice Revolution movement or activity near them)
I'm sure you're wondering what the Revolution's situation is, correct?

Currently, the Revolution has a total of 1,263 members, not including the leadership tree (which is a further 16 people). These people are all former civilians. They were farmers, teachers, merchant vendors, shop keepers, inn keepers, tavern keepers, husbands, wives, children, grandparents, etc. Ordinary folks who have now had to take up arms with... whatever they could find. Sadly, the Revolution doesn't have enough armaments to give a weapon to everyone within its ranks. So, some must remain bare handed and learn hand-to-hand combat as their only means of both offense and defense. Armor, similarly, is a luxury afforded only to their best. Everyone else has to make whatever armor they can from whatever they can find. Some create reed-woven armor. Some make armor plates out of barrel lids and pots and other relatively flat wood/metal objects they can find. Most, however, have only the clothing on their backs and their will to fight.

While not insubstantial, this ragtag bunch is hardly enough to maintain a war effort against Eagon who commands the entirety of Veilbrand's military (which contains near 500,000 well-trained soldiers).

But how then have the not been utterly annihilated by Eagon's forces if they're so grossly outnumbered? Ah, this is where Eagon's hubris comes in. He knows he could wipe them out at any time if he found their headquarters. So, he's enjoying the games of cat and mouse, and the little skirmishes which occasionally break out every so often when conflict is inevitable. To him, it's a game. And it's one he plans to savor as the one in the dominant position. As he would say himself if you asked him face to face, he likes "toying with his food."

If something doesn't change about this situation, and soon, the Revolution might not last the rest of the year.

And winter is fast approaching...

Thus, we come to our the information that's most important for developing our characters!!

I said this RP would be an acquired taste. And by that I mean the purpose of the plot and story are all about transforming the average Joes we play into freedom fighting warriors not because it's cool or because we want to, but because they have to make that change if they want any hope of winning back the soul of their country.

The big point of your character is that they will come from an average Joe background of some sort. As such, there will not be any high-tier fantasy standard occupations like assassins, thieves, mercenaries, bounty hunters, etc.

So, what could they be as far as professions? They could be any of the types of people who were listed as being part of the Revolution such as farmers, teachers, merchant vendors, shop keepers, inn keepers, tavern keepers, husbands, wives, children, grandparents, etc. Or, they could come from a street urchin background having been born and raised in the slums. So long as it's an "average" background with no hidden "training" or "special education" of any kind that will sneakily give you an excuse to try and fast-track them to being a badass, everything should be hunky dory.

For the sake of our characters not getting killed right off the bat I will allow all of our characters to be just good enough to stay alive in a fight, but not good enough to dominate in a fight. If at any point in the RP your character avoids any and all damage from enemies during a combative encounter and leaves without a scratch, you'll be hearing from me. 😠

Now, what sort of structure does the Revolution have? And what sorts of positions can our characters occupy within it?!

Good questions!

The Revolution's hierarchy is a pyramid:
  1. The Maiden of Revolution (she sits at the top of the food chain and is the Commander of the entire operation)
  2. Shor (second in command, and the original architect of the Revolution)
  3. The Four Generals (General Sol (male), Luna (male), Star (female), and Sky(female); each one presides over a different division of the Revolution's forces)
  4. The Eight Lieutenants (they serve directly under the Generals, and they help maintain organization and discipline within the ranks)
  5. Two Scout Masters (obviously, they're the leaders of the Scout Division, which is under the purview of General Star)
  6. Everyone Else
The rest of the Revolution is broken up into four Divisions (one under each General). Each Division consists of approximately 400 members, give or take, and is comprised of the following guaranteed members: 10 Scouts, 5 Spies, 300 soldiers, 10 "medics" (these are volunteers who don't actually have any medical experience or education, but they're making the best with what they have), 75 Reserve units. Any members which take the Division beyond this count are considered "overflow" and will automatically be assigned tot he Reserves.

How about equipment?
Well... The Revolution has 26 muskets, and 14 pistols. That's it. 40 guns in total for the whole Revolution. They have 55 large body shields for a front defensive line. They have 37 bows, and around 900 arrows. That 900 count might sound impressive at first. But that leaves each archer with roughly 30 arrows each. They have 36 in-tact spears/pikes, and about 7 more which are cracked/damaged in some way. And to finish it off they have 17 maces, 44 clubs, and 29 swords.

That's it. That's all the weaponry the Revolution has to offer its people for this war. The rest are hand-to-hand combatants.

So, of the positions available in any given Division, which are you?

Scout, Spy, Soldier, Medic, or Reserve?
  • Scouts - Name says it all. They scout the land and keep tabs on Eagon's forces so they can keep the Revolution updated on all their movements, and also serve as early warning signalers in case they spot anything potentially dangerous/nefarious going on.
  • Spies - These are special operators whose job it is to blend with the crowd in villages, towns, and cities across the nation on and keep their ear on the pulse of the civilian population and, wherever possible, keep their ear to the pulse of Eagon's forces whenever they're in a place that's easy to listen in on. Spies are not, contrary to modern interpretation, experts at misinformation, misdirection, weaponry, combat, etc, etc. These spies are just folks who can blend with the crowd and listen in, make a report to hand off to the Spy Masters, rinse and repeat.
  • Soldiers - Self-explanatory. You either are one of the few with one of the weapons listed, or you're a hand-to-hand combatant.
  • Medic - As explained before these are volunteers who are taking on the role of caretaker for the sick and injured. They do not have any actual medical education or experience, so nobody's going to know the best plants and herbs to make salves and medicines. Most of them just know "wrap it if it's bleeding," and "saw it off if it's beyond saving."
  • Reserves - These are those who are being trained to fight, but are not being deployed for any operations at present.
Which of these do you fancy?

As for character sheets, here's what I'm expecting you to provide for your character(s) (yes, you can make more than one character) if you decide to join!

Code:
Name:
Picture: (anime preferred, CG acceptable)

Weight:

Former Occupation: (if applicable, as coming from a street urchin background is just as viable given the desolate and deprived state of the nation)

Personality: (kindly give me one full 5-7 sentence paragraph)

Biography: (kindly give me at least one full 5-7 sentences paragraph outlining the most important events of your character's life until this point, as I will be using these details to tailor obstacles and events which specifically target your character and their weaknesses to assist in their growth and development throughout the RP)

If you're interested you can either post a reply here in the thread, or send me a DM!

Cheers!

Last edited:
I love the idea of this RP and am very interested, if you'll have me.

This looks like something I could sink my teeth into!

Rasmataz Rasmataz Caffeinated Joy Caffeinated Joy Starwalker123 Starwalker123

Hoyo!

Thanks so much!

I'm currently working on an OOC page for important lore including "pre-Eagon" culture, religion, politics, daily life shiz, etc.

I'll be sure to tag you all once it's up as an invite to view it!

I'll also create an OOC Discussion page for us to chat, since the lore page is information only and will be closed to replies.

I'm hoping to have both pages done tomorrow. But it might not be until Friday. Depends on how poorly work treats me.

Cheers!

I’m interested!

Hoyo!

Thanks for your interest!

I have added a link to our OOC Discussion page, and our Lore page at the bottom of the original post of this thread!

See you there!

Cheers!

Seraphine Seraphine BloopNoodle BloopNoodle Ashy_OCdesigns Ashy_OCdesigns

Hoyo!

Yes, the RP is still open and I'm still open to potential new participants!

There are links to the Lore and OOC pages in the first post of this thread! Please check them out (especially the lore page) and hit us up in the OOC if you're still interested after reading everything!

Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back