• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
949A7BF0-8FDB-4648-B44E-3999309F4396.jpeg
Toby Ashford

Toby laughed a bit before he rolled his eyes playfully. He sighed as he looked ahead. He glanced around before looking back at him. ’Geez,I forgot how much you say Bugger..’

Toby shook his head as he looked at him again before watching as someone bumped into him and turned his head. He stared quietly at the kid,his smile turning into a thin line as he glanced over at William then nodded.

’Oh.. well I guess nice to meet you Dylan..’. Even without being good with strangers,he nodded a greeting towards the younger boy as he stood there beside William,tapping his foot as he tried to find something to distract himself from the conversation.

William Wittebane

A4DC043D-DECF-4030-B337-4D3DA97F030A.gif

“Do I?” William asked softly, raising an eyebrow curiously as he looked over at Toby. Maybe he did use the term “bugger” too often, but it was better than a more pejorative word. Will just shook his head and shrugged it off, returning to glaring at his younger brother. He stood there, gritting his teeth and seething in rage as Toby kindly took it upon himself to introduce himself to Dylan. William just crossed his arms and scowled at Dylan.

Dylan Wittebane

24B059F5-9AB1-42F6-B42F-9E9282FFC6AA.gif

Dylan felt very awkward now, half standing on the ground near his brother’s feet. William’s angry stare and glower of disapproval made Dylan tense up, feeling the hatred just irradiating off of his brother as the older boy remained silent. To make things a bit more awkward, it seemed that one of William’s friends was with him too. Oddly enough, Dylan had noticed that he was clearly a Gryffindor, judging by his robes as he looked up at the other boy. Dylan was a bit surprised someone so obsessed with his status as a Slytherin was hanging around a Gryffindor- especially when Dylan heard all the nasty things Will would say about Gryffindor….

The young boy slowly rose to his feet, dusting himself off a bit as he looked at the older Gryffindor boy. The last thing he wanted to keep looking at was the piercing eyes of his big brother. Dylan cleared his throat and nervously chuckled as he tried to play it cool, despite his clumsy blunder. Little did the two older boys know- this was not the first but second time Dylan had found himself on the floor after accidentally bumping in to someone.

Cracking a nervous but friendly smile, Dylan nodded his head and returned the favor.
“Erm, yea, a pleasure to meet you too,” he said, his voice slowly fading as he realized he didn’t know this boy’s name yet. “Well umm, I’m Dylan,” he introduced himself as. “Sorry about that whole- err, falling thing…” apologized Dylan, rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly. “But boy am I glad to see you guys! Willy, just the person I was looking for!” Dylan said with a brighter smile. William scoffed and rolled his eyes as he continued to coldly stare at his younger brother. “Yea… had mum sending me on a wild goose chase to find you. You haven’t even gotten to Hogwarts and you’re already getting lost and into trouble?” William asked, sighing with disappointment. “And don’t call me Willy…” spat the older brother, hating it when anyone used the nickname with him- especially his younger brothers.

229A4843-6257-4C71-8D2A-E31987CEDC71.jpeg
Toby Ashford

Toby snickered as he watched the two. He shook his head as he heavily sighed. ’Geez.. Will be nice for once..’. Toby lightly punched his shoulder as he looked back at the younger boy. He stood quiet as he nodded his head before he turned his head to behind him as he heard loud footsteps.

—-
62CB1AD5-C108-4014-B1FE-7C149AD2C3B1.gif
Riley Thompson

Riley was quickly running around for her cousin. How could she have gotten lost on her first day?!. Riley shook her head. She sighed as she kept running around. That was in till she found her cousin and sighed.

’Thank god VeVe! You are okay!’. Riley was checking her cousin for any bruises before she softly grabbed her hand and kept running. She was now looking for her two friends. She was less panicked then before but still panicked as she thought she could have missed the train by the time she found her friends.

That was in till,she spotted 2- I mean 3 people near by and smiled. She ran over to them,her cheerful attitude being more energetic like always. ’Will! Tob!’. She softly letted go of Vienna’s hand as she hugged William,giggling.

’Will! You haven’t changed one bit! You are a bit taller but sheesh! I thought you would have cutted your hair or something!’.

Vienna just stood there,staying quiet as she watched her cousin ramble on about stuff during the summer and hugging both her friends. Riley looked at the smaller boy and smiled. ’Oh hello!’.

William Wittebane

AAB9DB40-CEB5-466C-BCA9-EA22E0E68259.gif

Will just grunted and rolled his eyes as Toby told him to be nice and lightly punched him in the shoulder. He was in no mood to be friendly to his little brother, continuing to pout immaturely. “And his name is Toby. Didn’t you hear? Or do you have wrackspurts in your ears?” asked William quietly with attitude to Dylan, staring down rudely at him. But before either boy could get another word out, heavy footsteps were heard. Out of no where, suddenly William was practically tackled by a girl in Gryffindor robes.

William’s eyes widened as he was wrapped into a quick and tight hug. But he knew that hug from anywhere, coupled with the energetic ball of excitement that came along with a familiar voice. It was his best friend since their first year at Hogwarts, Riley Thompson. William’s face immediately flushed bright red, blushing and embarrassed that Riley was being so touchy and huggy with him- especially in front of his little brother. William always wanted to look “cool and mysterious,” but Riley always had a way or revealing the big softie inside of William that usually was hidden away.

“Oh jeez- bloody hell Riley! Was that really necessary?” William whined, making a pouting and grouchy face. His face was still red from blushing as he quickly brushed himself off after the hug, trying to play it cool. William furrowed his brow, looking almost slightly offended as he ran a hand through his soft brown hair. “And my hair is fine, Riley,” he grumbled, “It looks nice when it flows in the wind when I’m on my broom,” he smirked. “And yes, I have gotten taller,” he grinned, clearly very proud of his 2 or so inches he grew over the summer since they last saw each other. He then looked over at Dylan as Riley noticed his younger brother for the first time, giving a little greeting to the shorter boy. Will slanted his brow and looked over at Dylan.

Dylan Wittebane

28707CBB-C384-4558-A7F5-1F506E18054A.gif

Dylan winced slightly as his brother gave him a snappy retort. Clearly he wasn’t too keen on taking Toby’s advice to be a little nicer. Before Dylan could open his mouth to chirp back or defend himself, the youngest boy watched as suddenly, a girl in Gryffindor robes who looked to be about William’s age energetically and enthusiastically greeted his older brother, wrapping him in a tight hug, causing William to blush from embarrassment. Dylan knew how much his older brother hated showing emotions and physical affection like this, and it always made him blush, so that was at least slightly amusing for Dylan to watch.

He was however quite surprised though to see a second Gryffindor who seemed to be good friends with his Slytherin brother. He stood there awkwardly as William and his female Gryffindor friend embraced, William shrugging off her comments about his hair and boasting about his slight increase in height. But that’s when Dylan noticed a familiar girl standing near this older Gryffindor girl. It was the young girl from before- the one Dylan had bumped into! His eyes widened, surprised to see her again, as he didn’t think he’d see any more of her.

But before Dylan had enough time to fully process that the first year girl from before was here, the older Gryffindor girl who had just hugged and greeted his older brother seemed to notice him, turning around and giving him a polite little greeting. Dylan raised his eyebrows, not expecting to be talked to.
“Erm, h- hi,” he stuttered softly and nervously. “I guess you know my brother Will?” Dylan asked unsurely, smiling uncomfortably.

EE5F0D2D-7D65-49CF-954C-22C72113FFE5.gif
Riley Thompson

Riley snickered as she soon smiled before ruffling up William’s hand then looked back at the younger boy and nodded. ’Mhmm! Since the first year at Hogwarts! He accidentally bumped into me and we just hitted it off.

Riley soon looked behind her to look at her cousin and smiled even more. ’Oh! Will! I wanted you to meet Vienna! My cousin,she is now coming to Hogwarts with us!’

’I’m sorry,she is mostly quiet with strangers. She can be very snarky and rude to them at first..’
. She sighed as she stared at her cousin,frowning a bit.

——
F24F0CFD-0D7F-47D9-9BC6-010433C6B4E6.jpeg
Vienna Thompson

Vienna had been looking at her fingers and her journal before she had heard her name and quickly looked up. She looked at the four and slowly nodded.

Vienna went back to looking at her journal as she looked around,she wanted to get out of this uncomfortable situation as she stared at the young boy,realizing who he was before she looked away. She fidgeted the pages of her journal as she tapped her foot.

William Wittebane

0A30FEC8-6B51-4B1A-9DB8-E4ABCD808D30.gif

William grumbled quietly as he made a pouty face and quickly went to adjust his hair back into place after Riley had ruffled it up a bit. He wasn’t too pleased that Riley was now finally meeting his younger brother. Will wasn’t exactly thrilled that Riley was being her typical friendly and out-going self and talking to Dylan. He widened his eyes a bit and blushed as she mentioned the way they had met each other back on their very first day at Hogwarts, bumping into each other on Platform 9 and 3/4.

Even more embarrassing was the fact that two years ago, it had been William who clumsily bumped into Riley.
“That’s not exactly how it went but yea, something like that!” said William, trying to defend himself and his pride. He then raised a curious eyebrow as suddenly, Riley had someone that he wanted him to meet. He looked over at the young girl who Ley revealed to be her younger cousin. William’s grouchy expression faded off of his face as it became more neutral as he nodded politely in Vienna’s direction. “That’s quite alright,” said William quietly with a slight shrug.

Dylan Wittebane

668B1436-264E-44B8-8465-BADD7CC1CDBB.gif

Dylan widened his eyes. He couldn’t believe it- his brother had met his very best friend at Hogwarts the same way Dylan had his embarrassing first encounter with Vienna? It was both amusing and worrying to hear this revelation from Riley, and judging by the blushing and pouty look on William’s face, he wasn’t too happy that she had told Dylan that. Would the very same fate befall him and Vienna? Dylan didn’t think so, as unlike what seemed to happen to William and Riley, Dylan wouldn’t exactly say he had hit it off with Vienna during their interaction.

The younger Wittebane boy nodded as Riley explained how she met William and as she introduced the girl from before as her younger cousin, Vienna- also starting her first year at Hogwarts. Dylan raised his eyebrows and glanced over at Vienna quickly. As he did that, she did the same and their eyes locked awkwardly for a brief moment before the two quickly looked away from each other.

14C05762-37BC-455E-8DC5-5C53EF45BBDC.gif
Riley Thompson

‘Oh shush it Will! That was how it definitely went on! Don’t try to refuse it!’
. Riley snorted a bit as she looked away. She ticked her tongue as she looked back at Dylan. ’So,you’re going to Hogwarts too? That’s cool. I remember my first time,I always got in trouble.’. Riley laughed as she scratched her neck,smiling nervously as she soon shook her head.

——
EE61478F-2FC6-4C90-81CE-A6622B374926.jpeg
Vienna Thompson

Vienna watched her cousin talk about her first day in Hogwarts and sighed. She shook her head as she looked into her bag and grabbed a small snack. She ate it slowly as she kept watching the four.

She had finally spoke up after a while,her voice was a bit quiet but still had a small remark of calmness. ’I guess it’s nice to meet y’all two..’. After saying that,she went back to looking at her journal.

William Wittebane

6E146716-0948-410C-B023-5E80E0CB57E8.gif

Will shrugged, “Hmph,” he grunted. He just crossed his arms and remained silent. There was no use in denying the cold hard facts of the matter. He stood there quietly as he gave a side eye to his younger brother as Riley spoke to him. He then scoffed and rolled his eyes, smirking as Riley talked about how much trouble she got into their first year. That was certainly true. While William was the golden boy doing everything right it seemed, Riley was a bit of a trouble maker- more like Dylan.

Dylan Wittebane

331209D0-C51B-4721-BE20-F24DEFFDF3E8.gif

Dylan looked briefly at William as he tried to deny the way he had met his friend, and then looked to Riley again. He nodded in response to her question as she asked about it being his first time going to Hogwarts. He grinned a little bit as Riley admitted she got into a bit of trouble her first year. Judging by William’s reaction, she was telling the truth. It made Dylan wonder how such polar opposites became friends- his brother, the more organized and “perfect student.” And Riley, who was much more laid back and energetic. Plus, she was a Gryffindor after all, and Dylan knew that William seemed to despise the house for some reason.

Dylan smiled softly and nodded.
“Well, I’m sure I won’t get into too much trouble!” he said, knowing that probably wasn’t true. “I hope…” he added quietly after that. He then looked over to Vienna who had said something softly. She was eating a little snack as she stood there with what seemed to be some kind of a journal in her hand. “Heh, umm, this is kind of weird but, we technically kinda met already,” said Dylan with a sheepish smile as he rubbed the back of his neck. This caused William to raise an eyebrow with curiosity. “But uhh, I guess it’s nice to formally meet you,” shrugged Dyl.

979A66FC-B84B-4B0E-AB28-BFEAB1B48CB3.gif
Riley Thompson

She looked over at the two and looked at her cousin and then back at Dylan,smiling as she looked back at her cousin. ’So I guess y’all two already met?

——
7A15720C-7EB9-40BB-B4E9-0F0352AAB697.jpeg
Vienna Thompson

Vienna looked up and giggled a bit at the others sheepish smile and then nodded. ’Nice to meet you too...

Vienna looked at her cousin as she spoke then nodded. ’Yea we did,he bumped into me while pretending he wasn’t lost..’. Vienna playfully glared at Dylan as she snickered.

She soon smiled brightly as she had just pretended she didn’t say anything as she looked at William,turning her head as she looked at him for a few minutes.

Dylan Wittebane

C8A9ABD4-E927-4ECE-AAB9-8319561FAD7B.gif

Dylan widened his eyes a bit and blushed as Vienna sort of called him out. “Well uhh, I- I wasn’t pretending! I actually wasn’t lost!” he lied, unconvincingly. William just scoffed and rolled his eyes. “Yea right,” spat William sarcastically, “You were lost and you know it. Couldn’t go five seconds without getting yourself into trouble, eh? Made mum get me on a search and rescue mission to find your sorry butt,” he said, crossing his arms.

Dylan just shrugged and frowned.
“I probably would’ve found my way…” he said softly. William smirked and sneered. “Ha! Yea right! As if YOU could find your way through a train station! Why, you wouldn’t even be able to find your own head if it wasn’t attached to your own body, Dylan!” jeered Will. Dylan didn’t have much to say, and whatever he wanted to say William sure as hell didn’t want to hear it. “C’mon Toby, c’mon Ley. Should we be getting a move on? The train will be here any minute,” said Will, hoping to take his friends and leave, distancing himself from his little brother.

F55BAFBF-53AA-4B0D-8A8D-1A71770F6122.jpeg
Vienna Thompson

Vienna giggled as Riley looked up at William and nodded. Toby looked at the two as he sighed,turning around and waited for the other two. Vienna had gasped a bit as she saw her cousin trying to leave her and scoffed.

She crossed her arms as she snorted then looked back at Dylan. ’I guess we follow right behind them.. we can’t miss the first day at Hogwarts!’. Vienna turned around and followed after her cousin. ’So,what house do you think you will get?’

Dylan Wittebane

F063F821-831D-4915-9547-B4A29336834D.gif

Dylan watched as a small but smug grin came across William’s face as he finally put an end to the interaction between him and his friend Riley. William nodded back at Riley as she, him and Toby went on their way. The three would most likely be sitting on the train together when it arrived.

Dylan just stared at his brother as he took his friends and left. Now it was just him and Vienna. The boy looked at Vienna, noticing that she looked offended and appalled that her cousin had left her so quickly. Dylan wasn’t too happy his brother wanted nothing to do with him, but he didn’t let it show or get him down too much.

He looked at Vienna as she spoke to him and nodded in agreement.
“Y- yea! Right, good point. That’s setting ourselves up for failure right off the bat if we miss the train,” he chuckled. With that, Dylan went along with Vienna, following behind Will, Riley, and Toby. As they walked, Vienna had asked him a great question that he hadn’t thought of much. What house was he hoping for? Well, he had an easy answer for that.

“Hmm what house do I think I’ll get?” Dylan repeated. “Erm well, I don’t know,” he shrugged, “But I’m really hoping for Gryffindor!” he told her with an eager smile. “My WHOLE family, minus my brother… we’re ALL Gryffindors! I wanna follow in their footsteps! My mum and dad were in Gryffindor too!” he said, grinning. “I just hope I don’t get Slytherin…he spat, furrowing his brow with disgust as he looked at the ground. “I don’t want to be in the same house as my older brother.”

9F448A31-3AD5-40AA-94A5-889ACEA8EADF.jpegVienna Thompson

Vienna giggled as she smiled. ’Wow! That’s so cool! I would wanna be a Gryiffindor but I also wanna see if I can get Ravenclaw! They look so cool with the color blue and some of their personality,their grudges against the other houses and everything else..’

Vienna soon flushed over a light pink as she realized she had said to much then looked away,giggling again as she scratched the back of her neck.

’Haha,sorry for the little rant.. but Ravenclaw’s are just so cool! I still can’t believe Ley didn’t get it,she looks like she would get it but I guess whoever chose her as a Gryiffindor with her personality.’

’But yea,Gryiffindors are also cool but I personally love Ravenclaws more then any other house more then anything’

Dylan Wittebane

CCAEB184-F84D-4DB2-A106-A09F400CABD0.gif

Dylan smiled softly and shrugged a bit as Vienna told him what house she wouldn’t mind getting sorted into. He couldn’t help but almost silently admire her, smiling as she went on a little rant about Ravenclaw. He grinned when she seemed to blush a bit and notice that she was rambling on. To be honest, he didn’t mind and even found it a little charming.

“Hmm, Ravenclaw eh?” he asked, raising his brow a little. “That sounds cool but uhh- erm… well I don’t know how to say this…” stuttered Dylan uncomfortably, “But I heard my brother says that only nerds get sorted into Ravenclaw,” he said, not being able to help himself and failing to hold back a little snicker and an amused grin.

AFF6EA1F-9F84-470C-9772-8F1D74FBC051.jpeg
Vienna Thompson

Vienna smiled before realizing the train was already there and quickly grabbed his hand. She ran to the train and sighed. ’I will see you once we get on the train! I wanna find my mom and tell her goodbye!’

She smiled more brightly before she ran to find her mom and to tell her goodbye.

After a few minutes,Vienna had gotten in the train after telling her mom goodbye and looked around the train,trying to find a place to sit as she soon found a spot,sitting down and looked out the window.

——
6965F841-CEE8-42D1-8F00-9E85EFB67143.jpeg
Toby Ashford

Both Toby and Riley had followed behind William before Toby went away to tell his dad goodbye. He hugged his dad,he was getting emotional as he sniffled then his dad told him to stay safe and all the protective worried family things as Toby nodded.

He smiled brightly as he went to go get on the train,he sat in the far corner of the train like always. He lied his head on the window as he watched everyone get on and he frowned. He was now scared for another year at Hogwarts.

Dylan Wittebane

E02233DB-1793-4FE4-A003-70B758E68526.gif

Dylan raised his eyebrows with surprise as the train arrived and Vienna quickly grabbed his hand. He widened his eyes as Vienna said she’d meet him on the train and she just wanted to quickly say goodbye to her parents. Crap! Was Dylan even going to get to say goodbye? His mom and dad were no where in sight, and he had to be getting on the train now before it started to leave.

Dylan frowned as he watched Vienna go off to find her parents, realizing that searching for his mom and dad would be virtually impossible. He was going to have to go his first year without even saying goodbye to his parents…. Dylan sighed sadly as he slowly walked along the platform for a few more minutes, hoping that he’d catch sight of either his mom or dad. The boy had no such luck, and many people were starting to board the train as the conductor yelled last call.

Dylan quickly made his way on the train, looking around for a place to sit. As for William, he got on the train and sat down with his usual buddies, Riley and Toby. He was ready to start his third year at Hogwarts. He couldn’t wait to get back out onto the Quidditch pitch again.

87E61E73-28BB-40AE-8258-A55BCF58FBEF.gif
Vienna Thompson

Vienna sat in her seat,she was anxiously kicking her legs as she walked as a few others kids quickly hugged their parents and got on the train. She sighed a bit as she looked at her journal. She flicked a bit of dust off it as she smiled.

She shouldn’t be to anxious,she has been excited for this day ever since she got the letter that she was accepted into Hogwarts. She watched as her parents watched her and her cousin get on the train and began to walk back home.

——-
IMG_4740.gif
Toby Ashford

Toby looked at his hands as he sat beside Riley. He was ready for his 3rd year at Hogwarts but was a bit scared if he would get into more trouble due to his bipolar.

He shook his head as he heard Riley talking and looked up.

’Are y’all excited for our 3rd year? I wonder what it would be like!’. The brown haired smiled as Toby nodded a bit and spoke up quietly. ’Yea,I'm a bit excited..’ He sighed as he then looked at the ground,lifting his legs to hug his knees.

Dylan Wittebane

66AB7A33-AC40-477F-B0E0-535CA3986862.gif

Dylan quickly scurried onto one of the train cars and panted a little, taking a moment to collect his breath once he had boarded. Dylan ran a hand through his brown hair and sighed, looking down at his luggage and giving a quick glance at it to make sure he had everything he needed. It looked fine to him, so he went on his way to look for a place to sit.

As the young first year boy dragged his luggage behind him, he carefully went from compartment to compartment, peaking his little head in meekly as he looked for an empty place to sit. Dylan would quickly and shyly excuse himself when he would poke his head in and would be met with eyes staring back at him. He’d apologize to the occupants of the compartment and move on in the train car.

After a few more tries, each seeming more embarrassing than the last as it seemed that everyone had some friends to sit with, Dylan came across the last compartment in that train car. With a deep breath, Dylan closed his eyes and gave it a try, slowly poking his head in. As he opened his eyes, they widened as it was a familiar person inside. There, sitting quietly alone, smiling and dusting off a journal in her lap was Vienna Thompson.

Dylan gulped nervously and cleared his throat to make his presence known.
“Ahem! Erm uhh,” began Dylan awkwardly, “Uhh, hi again. It’s me,” he said with an uncomfortable chuckle and a forced smile, “D- do you mind if I sit down with you?” he asked unsurely, “All the other seats around us are kinda taken…” he said crestfallen with a little frown. He didn’t think he was on any sort of bad terms with the girl, so he hoped that she would be willing to let him sit with her, at least just for the train ride to Hogwarts. Even if it was the last they ever saw of each other- although something in Dyl’s gut told him that because Vienna’s cousin was good friends with his older brother Will, he’d be seeing a lot more of the Thompsons.

William Wittebane

FD8EE9E3-CF71-48C1-97A1-BA3B3A8BEA92.gif

Will had settled down his luggage and sat in the compartment in the train car with both Riley and Toby. The brown haired 13 year old boy sighed quietly as he briefly looked out the window. He saw many students saying goodbye to their families and saying hello to old and new friends. He noticed many kids hugging and kissing their parents goodbye. William didn’t seem to care that he hadn’t really given his parents a farewell goodbye. It meant no difference to him- in his mind he was on to bigger and better things.

As per usual, Riley was quick to break the silence that had lingered over the trio with a question, asking them if they were looking forward to their third year. Toby answered first, followed by William who turned his head around to look at Riley. Will have a smug grin.
“I for one, am quite excited for this year,” he said, puffing his chest out confidently. “I’m ready to get back out onto the Quidditch pitch and win some games! Hopefully a first championship,” he added with a bit of a smirk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back