• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Time: Arrival Night
Interaction: Skybeasts
Current: Falarion, Jeff, Valkyrie, Spica, Zephyr, Azurine

Spica tilted her head in confusion, but took a breath and started off.

"A friend is... someone you trust. Someone you care for. Like family... but not exactly family. A friend would do almost anything for you."

Upon hearing Jeff's words, Spica sort of turned and looked at Jeff from Valkyrie's stall. It was as if she was judging him for his use of flowery fluff language.

AncientBird AncientBird YumenoTsukishiro YumenoTsukishiro SilverFlight SilverFlight SleepyCreamy SleepyCreamy Lioness075 Lioness075
41A85F

Current: Falarion, Jeff, Zephyr, Spica, Valkyrie, Azurine

Valkyrie tilted her head at the answer coming out of the wyvern in front of her.

"Trust... kill... stork drake... trust no one... I seek... survival, I... thrive before... need no trust... now." Valkyrie replied with a harsh grunt.

"Mean... I need no... friend?"

Valkyrie stopped for a while and then kept rambling on.

"...Only love... can trust... Serik... can trust. Now... love gone... now... only Serik... matter..."

She then turned at Spica. "Wyvern... take much... take our food... take our precious... can not trust..." She hissed.

Lioness075 Lioness075 SilverFlight SilverFlight kase9187 kase9187 YumenoTsukishiro YumenoTsukishiro
Color: #41A85F

Current: Spica, Valkyrie, Jeff, Falarion, Zephyr, Azurine

Spica tilted her head, pondering the things Valkyrie said.

"You... you had a family too?" Spica's voice cracked a bit when she said family.

Spica moved forward and laid her wings around Valkyrie gently, a small hug.

"I'm sorry..." Spica whispered. Sorrow coated her words, as if she would've cried if she could.

AncientBird AncientBird Lioness075 Lioness075 YumenoTsukishiro YumenoTsukishiro SilverFlight SilverFlight SleepyCreamy SleepyCreamy
41A85F

Quick and unexpected, Spica reached in the embrace the stork drake. Valkyrie made a loud screech, both in confusion and fear. She thrashed, wielding her head randomly, hitting every thing in its radiant and eventually managed to push Spica away from her... In her distressed attempt to flee, she regurgitated a small drop of half digested meat she took earlier on the stable floor. It’s foul smell gushed within the stall.

Valkyrie took her chance rushing out of her stall and into the passage. She stopped and looked back at the quilled wyvern, breathing heavily.

“Strange wyvern... Stay away!” She hissed.

Lioness075 Lioness075 SilverFlight SilverFlight kase9187 kase9187 YumenoTsukishiro YumenoTsukishiro

Last edited:
Current: Spica, Valkyrie, Azurine, Falarion, Jeff, Zephyr

Spica slowly and carefully walked out of the stall, trying to not aggravate Valkyrie further.

"Valkyrie, calm down. That was a 'hug,' a gesture of affection." Spica explained quietly, trying to talk Valkyrie down. She sat down, wings held out.

"It's... like... the want of holding someone, for certain reasons."

"I hugged you out of... shared pain. I... apologize if I made you feel uncomfortable."

Spica bowed her head in an apologetic nature.

SleepyCreamy SleepyCreamy AncientBird AncientBird YumenoTsukishiro YumenoTsukishiro Lioness075 Lioness075 SilverFlight SilverFlight

Valkyrie faced Spica. Despite all her action, the wyvern seemed placid and not threatening at all. She even lowered her head at her, a sight of submission... Valkyrie was confused. All this creature did wasn't making any sense to her. Was she trying to make her let her guard down, so she can prey on her? Was she trying to get her to surrender her turf?... Was she actually genuine about the affection? But she wasn't her kind, not that most of her kind will be affectionate to her anyway... She also didn't share a bond with her like Serik does...

Was she trying to make 'freind' with her? Was this what Serik want? To be nice to other winged beasts that compete with her kind for millennia?

"Stay away... our turf..." Valkyrie hissed. "Serik... want no trouble... I make... no trouble..."

Current: Spica, Valkyrie, Azurine, Jeff, Zephyr, Falarion

Spica sighed and shook her head.

"Valkyrie, I don't want trouble either. I want the opposite; for us to be friends rather than enemies. I'm sorry if I came across as anything negative."

Spica looked hopeful that Valkyrie might open up, despite species differences. After all, they needed to work together. All of them did.

SleepyCreamy SleepyCreamy AncientBird AncientBird SilverFlight SilverFlight YumenoTsukishiro YumenoTsukishiro Lioness075 Lioness075
41A85F

Seeing that Spica meant no threat to her... Valkyrie slowly walked pass the quilled wyvern and returned back into her stall. She then turned back toward Spica... Her eyes were still cold and unfriendly.

"I sleep..." She grunted, gesturing her beak toward the hay bed. "Long day... I rest..."

"Wyvern make... no threat...I make... no trouble..." She added.

"Go now..."

Valkyrie then started preening herself. Feeling more comfortable, knowing that the strange wyvern wouldn't harm her. However, Spica's word still lingered in her head.

"Friend... I care for... not love? Not precious? Not Serik?... Confusing..." She mumbled to herself as she kept preening.

Current: Falarion, Spica, Valkyrie, Jeff, Zephyr, Azurine

Spica poked her head over the stall door once more.

"Sweet dreams, Valkyrie."

And with that, Spica headed back to Falarion's stall. She still had the air of tiredness, but still looked concerned. As if she was worried about everyone's wellbeing

AncientBird AncientBird YumenoTsukishiro YumenoTsukishiro SleepyCreamy SleepyCreamy SilverFlight SilverFlight Lioness075 Lioness075
41A85F

Interaction: Jeff ( YumenoTsukishiro YumenoTsukishiro ), Spica ( kase9187 kase9187 ), Valkyrie ( AncientBird AncientBird ), Open to all Skybeasts

Falarion paused in his interaction with Jeff when Spica suddenly left the side of his stall and went over to Valkyrie. He winced when she tried to communicate with the stork drake and was met with a territorial response.
Falarion had not interacted a lot with the stork drake, but he had seen the Skybeast injure her own Rider. Regardless of her reasoning for doing that, Falarion could not see any good reason for it. He would never injure Leandra. Never.

Hearing Jeff speaking to him now, Falarion's ears perked in Jeff's direction and he turned to face him. With his front paws still on Jeff's stall wall, Falarion ruffled his own feathers in response and extended them half a meter to show off his plumage.
Grinning at Jeff's compliments, Falarion huffed with pride and responded with a low growl, "Naturally. I've never seen any of my kind with plumage such as my own."

Looking over Jeff, Falarion tilted his head to the side and said with a rough voice, "I don't think I have ever actually spoken to one of your kind before now."
He paused briefly as he reconsidered adding that he normally hunted Jeff's kind when he had been wild.
Continuing, Falarion added, "You look very handsome as well."
It was in this moment that Falarion realized this was actually the most he had spoken to any beast in...years. It almost felt uncomfortable to do, not that Jeff was the source of this discomfort, but merely the fact that he could not recall when he had spoken last. His voice sounded rough and coarse each time he spoke, as if it had seen some serious misuse over the years.

Just then he noticed Spica's interaction with Valkyrie starting to go poorly and he winced again at the sight of her attempting to hug the stork drake. Falarion had to wonder if Spica had ever interacted with another beast who socialized less than her. She seemed to lack an understanding of social boundaries.
At this thought, Falarion shook his head and returned his attention to Jeff. He was not keen on any attempted hugs from Spica either and felt a slight comfort to know his stall was still closed.
It was a comfort for Leandra to lay against him and her presence warmed him on the inside, a sensation he had never experienced before. He did not feel comfortable sharing his space with any other beasts for now.

Time: Sometime during training
Interaction: Open ((I will tag everyone as soon as the plot point is revealed, but anyone is welcome to reply))

It was a warm night, but not unpleasantly so. A cool breeze was blowing off the river, carrying the scent of spices and orange flower. Ord made his way back through the main gates, carrying a small bag, its contents covered. He had noticed a bout of homesickness going around, and none felt it more strongly, it seemed, than Matthias. Ord could tell he wasn't comfortable in Westeros, be it the heat, the culture or just the fact that it wasn't Northaria. He could only imagine how the group felt, being thrown head first into trouble, with not even their memories to help them.
He tried the dorms first, looking for him, and wrapped lightly on the door.

Elenion Aura Elenion Aura

color=#8f206d

Characters: Open

Aldaf was sitting in the dorms, carving some more. It wasn't finished yet, but looked to be a carving of a beast. Of what beast, no one could tell yet.

He heard the knocking on the door and got up. He opened the door and looked at Ord.

"Professor! What are you doing here?"

SilverFlight SilverFlight
8f206d

Interaction: Ord, Aldaf

Matthias looked up. He'd been resting his eyes on the cot provided him, an arm flung across his face, his feet hanging off the end. He rose almost too quickly at the sight of Ord at the door. His head was filled with stars.

"You're looking well." He'd meant to say that Ord looked healthy, which was true... One could hardly tell by looking at the man in the doorway that he'd been on death's door not long ago. But hearing the words spoken aloud Matthias fretted how they might be misconstrued, and to cover his own embarassment, he carried on,

"What have you there?" Matthias asked, indicating the item Ord held.

SilverFlight SilverFlight kase9187 kase9187

color=#8f206d

Interaction: Open

Marylka sat on her bed with her legs tucked beneath her and body leaning forward, studying a massive tome that she had borrowed from the academy's library. Stamped on the leather cover in gold were the words "The Secrets of Alchemy: Transforming Mind, Body and Soul". She was in the middle of a paragraph when a sudden breeze came in through the open window, lifting a handful of wood shavings and sawdust off the floor. Marylka pulled back as some of it floated down in front of her face and tried to fan it away. However, in her surprise, she accidentally breathed some of the dust in inciting a high-pitched sneeze, louder than what one would expect from her petite frame.

Looking across the dormitory, she sees Aldaf sitting at the foot of his bed carving as usual, "Aldaf..." She groans, nose still red and itchy "As lovely as your carvings are, would you mind carving over a box or something? The shavings are getting everywhere."

A knocking on the door suddenly draws their attention to the door. It opened to reveal Ord clutching a small bag in his hand. She watched as Matthias approached and start to converse with their instructor. "What have you there?" He asked. Marylka straightened up, curious to find out as well.

SilverFlight SilverFlight kase9187 kase9187 Elenion Aura Elenion Aura

#8f206d

Last edited:

Serik had already fallen asleep... After a long day of training and practicing magic, he was exhausted and his limps felt floppy. At least his progress on learning about his own ability and other skills was going pretty well...

In his dream, he was practicing archery with Leandra and Aldaf on an unidentified field, surrounded by wood. "Alright, it's my turn." Serik said and aimed at the target which was badly constructed to look like a funny looking deathborn. It's body is already filled with lots of arrows from previous shooting. “I wonder where Gerel is? He should be here by now.” Serik said as he drew the line. “Don’t know, maybe he is with Kari?” Aldaf said and looked at Leandra for answer but she simply raised her shoulders.

Serik then released the line, however as his arrow darted toward the target, a strange gush of wind blew it off and the arrow missed. The arrow instead flew into the bush behind the target.

"Awww... I miss..." Serik groaned.

Suddenly, a figure walked out of the wood and straight toward the three of them. It was Marylka, with Serik's arrow pierced through her head from left to right, however she didn't seem to be injured or at any danger by it at all... Still, she looked really furious about it. "Oh my goodness! Marylka! We are sorry! We didn't think you would actually be here!" Serik said, his eyes widened in shocked. Gerel and Aldaf were also no less frightened than he was.

"I warned you all not to come shooting here! I was trying to read my book!!!" Marylka growled, pulling the arrow out like it was nothing and with her palm, crushed it into dusts like a piece of biscuit. She then started to grow bigger and bigger... Her shadow overlaid the three. Serik looked up at her in fear while Leandra and Aldaf embraced each other and shuddered. "YOU WILL PAY FOR THIS!!!" Marylka spoke with a really deep voice and then let out a loud, earth-shattering, terrifying noise...

Serik suddenly sprang up on his bed, he breathed heavily and his eyes widened. “What a weird dream... Must be that herb I ate for muscle sprain.” Serik murmured to himself. However, He swore he had actually heard a loud noise, then he saw Marylka sitting on her bed, her nose redened and complained to Aldaf about dust from carving. "W..w..was that your sneeze?" Serik asked Marylka from across the distance. His face still showed the sight of fright from his dream.

Suddenly, someone knocked the door. Aldaf opened it and met Ord standing at the entrance, his hand holding on something. The teacher appearance distracted Serik from the funky dream he had. The boy watched, interested at what Ord had to say for suddenly visited them in the night time like this.

SilverFlight SilverFlight kase9187 kase9187 Elenion Aura Elenion Aura Saturn_moon Saturn_moon Lioness075 Lioness075 YumenoTsukishiro YumenoTsukishiro

#8f206d

Interaction: Open ((I will tag everyone as soon as the plot point is revealed, but anyone is welcome to reply))

Ord smiled at the room. "I finished my work for the evening and thought I'd come check on you. Make sure the other teachers aren't running you too ragged."
His eyes danced with amusement at Matthias' flustered state.
"I like to think I always look well." He replied with a teasing lilt.
He came in and opened the bag he was carrying.
"I'm afraid I had time to visit just one shop today, so I could only get one special item."
He pulled out a small cake, golden and still warm, glistening with a thick, honey glaze. It was a Northarian specialty, and it had been made fresh, by Ord's request, that very evening.
"There is enough for everyone." Ord assured them cheerfully, offering the bag around, but he held on out for Matthias to try.
"How are you feeling?" He asked quietly.

Elenion Aura Elenion Aura Saturn_moon Saturn_moon AncientBird AncientBird kase9187 kase9187

color=#8f206d

Matthias smelled the pastry before he'd seen it. Instantly he knew what it was. A staple of his mother's, and a favorite of his siblings, Matthias was surprised to see its like here. Matthias accepted the sweet, and held it up to his nose to sniff, eyeing the quality of the glaze. He took a tiny bite. Adequate, he could hear his mother saying. To Matthias it was as good as any he'd find in the North, which may or may not have anything to do with its taste.

"Thank you." Matthias bowed his head and inhaled the rest of the cake before clapping the crumbs off of his hands.

"Fine." He answered, to his surprise, truthfully. He was fine. If a bit sore. The training was strenuous, on both body and mind, but it was manageable. He turned to the rest of the room. "Everyone should try some of Ord's cake. It is delectable." Matthias proclaimed. It was so.

color=#8f206d

Interaction: SleepyCreamy SleepyCreamy YumenoTsukishiro YumenoTsukishiro Elenion Aura Elenion Aura Lioness075 Lioness075 AncientBird AncientBird kase9187 kase9187 Naberius Naberius Elenion Aura Elenion Aura Saturn_moon Saturn_moon explosiveKitten explosiveKitten

Ord's face lit up when he watched Matthias try the cake and he happily offered the rest around the room.
He paused for a moment, watching their faces before turning back to the Northarian man.
"There's a little inn just down the river, that specializes in Northarian cuisine. I thought I'd take you there sometime. If you'd like to go that is."

Just then, one of the assistants came calling down the corridor, calling for Ord.
"The head master wants to see you right away." She said gravely, in a way that plunges an icy pang of worry deep into his heart.
"One of the students?" He asked, and she gave him a look that confirmed it.
Ord wasted no time, he rushed out of the door without so much as a glance back.
The assistant stood in the doorway watching him go, she turned back to the others, not saying a word, but it was apparent in her eyes she wanted them to follow. Ord might need help.

~*~*~

The student was a young boy, a junior, in tears in a chair before the headmaster's desk. When Ord arrived, Candour rose from his seat and ushered Ord out of his office, making sure the door was closed and the boy out of earshot.
He held up a hand before Ord could start guessing the cause.
"Are you familiar with Solace?"
Ord's frown deepened. "The drug? At the academy?"
Candour sighed. "Apparently he made some...very unsavory friends, tried it, and when he refused to sell if for them, they blackmailed him with the threat of coming here with the story and having him expelled."
"Headmaster you're not..."
"No, it's his first year, and he made a mistake. The people that got him involved have quite a unique symbol." Candour pulled out a small card, on it was a coiling snake, fangs bared, entwined with a kopesh blade.
Ord looked at the symbol and recognition sparked in his eyes, but there was something else too...anger, no, rage. The mild-mannered, sunny-tempered instructor, was furious.
"This isn't the first time this group has targeted our students." Candour added,
"I know." Ord's quiet voice was chilling.
"I do hope we can prevent further attempts."
With that. Candour went back into his office, leaving Ord and the others out in the darkened corridor.
Ord cast his eyes about the group, his expression, stony and serious.
"I have a quick errand to run...and...I might need help."

Interaction: SleepyCreamy SleepyCreamy YumenoTsukishiro YumenoTsukishiro Elenion Aura Elenion Aura Lioness075 Lioness075 AncientBird AncientBird kase9187 kase9187 Naberius Naberius Elenion Aura Elenion Aura SilverFlight SilverFlight explosiveKitten explosiveKitten

The bag made it's way around the room and eventually into Marylka's hands. She gingerly picked up one of the little golden cakes and took a bite. It was surprising how easily the spongy layers crumbled in her mouth and she savoured its rich, honeyed flavours. There was always something comforting about sweets, no matter where it was from. Marylka finished the last of her cake and licked the tips of her fingers which were sticky from the glaze. She was about to thank Ord for the treat when an assistant rushed in and called him away to the Headmaster's office.

As Ord hurried out of their room, the assistant hesitated in the doorway, turning to look back at them with urging eyes. Without missing a beat, Aldaf got on his feet to chase after their instructor and Marylka followed suit. Between Ord's quick pace and Aldaf's long legs, Marylka found herself needing to jog just to keep up. It didn't take long for them to arrive at the Headmaster's office and when Ord pushed open the door she caught sight of a young boy, about the same age as her younger brother, sobbing in a chair in front of Candour's desk.

Candour stepped out and explained the situation. As he did so, she felt Ord's mood shift from worry to white-hot anger. It was a stark contrast to his usual cheery disposition and she suddenly realised she had never seen him lose his temper at anything in the time they had known him. "I might need help." Ord said once Candour had finished saying his piece and retreated back into his office. Marylka thought of the boy, who reminded her so much of Efrem, crying behind the closed doors and her resolve harden.
"We'll do what we can, but Aldaf's right, we do need more information. What's Solace? What does it do? Headmaster Candour mentioned that this isn't the first time it has happened. What happened the last time?"

#8f206d

Last edited:
Current: Ord(NPC), Matthias, Aldaf, Marylka, Serik

Ord handed out what seemed to be a bag full of cake. As Matthias sampled his, he handed the bag to the others. "Everyone should try some of Ord's cake. It is delectable." Said the Northarian man. He sounded quite content with this sweet treat.

"Err... I shouldn't have sweet this late at night. My trainer would kill me for this..." Serik thought in his mind as the bag finally arrived at him. However, both Ord and Matthias seemed so genuine about the cake... Who was he to refuse such an offer... Serik took one of the cake and handed the back to the next person. He took a bite... It was good just like Matthias said. "Thank you for the cake, sir." Serik said to Ord.

Just as Serik was stuffing another bite of cake, an assistant came in and informed Ord of an urgent call by the headmaster. Serik put the last bite in as Ord went out of the room. The assistant lingered for a bit, she seemed like she want the band to follow. Aldaf and Marylka waited for nothing and quickly went after them. "What's happening?" Serik asked and gathered some of his stuff before getting out of bed and went after the two.

Ord and the youths arrived at Headmaster Candour's office. The headmaster came out of the room and both him and Ord started discussing about drug and that a student was involved with it. Serik stood there, listened to the matter. Drugs... Illegal items that was said to ruin life and everything around it. Serik hadn't much experience learning about them, but due to his family nomadic lifestyle in natural setting, their chance of getting involved with one was almost zero... Having his grandma, the matriarch of the house preaching everyone to steer clear from shady strangers and items also helped...

However, Ord seemed really angry when he realized of the people associated with the incident. He knew... And he seemed wanting to deal with this matter immediately. "I might need help." Said Ord to the youths as Headmaster Candour had returned inside his office. Aldaf and Marylka asked him for more information about the matter. Serik nodded in agreement to their question.

Featuring: SilverFlight SilverFlight kase9187 kase9187 Elenion Aura Elenion Aura Saturn_moon Saturn_moon

#8f206d

Interaction: Leandra and Kari

Leandra was surprised when Kari offered up some of her money just like that. She already knew Kari was a very kind person based on their few shared experiences, but she had never known someone to share so freely like this.
The kindness brought a soft smile to Leandra's face and she nodded at the offer.
"Thank you, Kari. Seriously."

Leandra's smile turned into a grin and she could feel Karis' enthusiasm spreading to her.
"I've never traveled so much in my life. I'm constantly seeing new things, new places, and making new friends now. I absolutely love to explore any nature I can find, though, so I'd be down for exploring the river and maybe going for a swim."
She paused and then added thoughtfully, "I have to wonder if Falarion can swim. I think most of the bigger cats can swim."

Leandra gave Kari another soft smile, as she spoke of making friends.
"I honestly didn't get many chances to make friends before this either. I spent most of my time looking out for my little brother or getting Caliban out of a mess he'd made."
She became a bit quiet after she said this, her mind wandering down memory lane. She had shoved and punched so many bullies harassing her little brother and had helped Caliban many times after she became distant with her little brother.

SilverFlight SilverFlight
Color: #54ACD2

Interaction: SleepyCreamy SleepyCreamy YumenoTsukishiro YumenoTsukishiro Elenion Aura Elenion Aura Lioness075 Lioness075 AncientBird AncientBird kase9187 kase9187 SilverFlight SilverFlight Elenion Aura Elenion Aura Saturn_moon Saturn_moon explosiveKitten explosiveKitten

Caliban joined the others, both in the partaking of sweets, and in following Ord. They arrived at outside the office of Candour, the headmaster. As the headmaster exited to speak to Ord, Cal rounded the corner behind most of the others, but caught the majority of the explanation and cause for whatever was going on. Things were never simple for their group. Even at a school like this, it seemed misfortune and dark tidings followed their travels. It could be a coincidence, but he was more inclined to believe that fate itself, or rather some outside force acting as fate, place obstacles in their way on purpose.

When the headmaster returned to his office and Ord turned back to them, they began asking questions. He seconded what was being asked, adding his own pledge to help in whatever way he could. He felt he owed him, and not just him but the school itself and the teachers specifically. But that's not why he went along with it, he genuinely detested anyone willing to bully and blackmail and use other people.

"Is it possible that there might be other students involved as well? Surely they would want more than one point of distribution, if funneling in as much as possible is their goal."

#8f206d

Time: Second day, exploring
Characters: Aldaf, anyone who bothered to follow

Aldaf darted away from the group with a quick apology before asking directions from a nearby guard to a park area. After receiving directions, he asked if his Skybeast would be allowed to emerge from the amulet. The answer was a bit skeptical, but basically wound up being

"Yes, but only if you keep them under control."

Aldaf quickly spoke his thanks and rushed off out of sight towards the park. He was starting to feel antsy himself, Spica needed to stretch outside of the crystal.

SilverFlight SilverFlight SleepyCreamy SleepyCreamy explosiveKitten explosiveKitten YumenoTsukishiro YumenoTsukishiro Naberius Naberius AncientBird AncientBird Lioness075 Lioness075 Saturn_moon Saturn_moon Elenion Aura Elenion Aura

C5F389

Matthias did not like any of it. Although, some petty part of himself was sated to know that in Westeros, not everything was as its gilded exterior made it to appear.

"If you know where these cretins have holed themselves, you can be rid of them come first light tomorrow."

All this time spent behind the relative safety of Westerosi walls... Matthias confessed himself itching for a battle.

color=#8f206d

Users who are viewing this thread

Back