• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
"Yeah, poor girl got her hopes and dreams away. Yet...I could not help but get angry knowing who he is." Wendy said.​

”Wendy...if the two of you do end up fighting each other, be careful.”

Xenon said, looking at the screen with his eyes narrowed.

“...now's definitely not the time to lose to Goutetsu.”

"I know what you mean, and I will not lose to that man...ever." Wendy said before looking at the screen as the match starts. Ryutaro starts by delivering a roundhouse kick to the head, only to be deflected and gets hit in the stomach. He fell on one knee, but not until he immediately backs away. Kim stares at him, waiting for his next move. "Damn! His hand movements are monstrously fast. How long has been training to get that kind of speed? I need to find an opening somehow." Ryutaro thought, looking down at Kim before he starts sprinting, circling around the fighter in the hopes of finding a spot to land a hit. Kim did not move, nor bother to follow Ryutaro.

"He's not moving at all. He's being cautious. I know!" Ryutaro makes a stop, right behind Kim. He charges towards him and gives a sliding kick to his feet, only for Kim to make an amazing leaping to avoid it. "I got you!" Ryutaro yelled as a sphere of ki appear in his hand. "HAKKOUKEN!" He throws the sphere right at Kim and it hits, bursting into smoke. "Did I get him?" Ryutaro asked, but when the smoke is cleared, the secret to Kim's fast movements is revealed. With his arm stretched out, an air vortex has blocked the ki sphere. This surprised the audience. "No way! Is that..." Rachelle said. "Dou Qi?!" Ryutaro is in shock.

Once Kim lands, he takes his hat and throws it away, revealing his face to the thousands of people watching.

92ae0679db1be97e0970b92abcf5f126.jpg

"It appears that there is no need to hide anything. Ryutaro, I thought you were one of those reckless people who's first instinct was to attack first. You did, but you're too clever to be this stupid. Yes, that was Air Dou Qi, which puts in more emphasis on speed. As much as I like to talk, I'm afraid that I'm going to knock you out first."

What does he have up his sleeve this time...?

Xenon thought as he stated intently at the screen.

“So it was really the wind Dou Qi after all.”

Cheng muttered as he looked at his fellow beast-man hybrid on the stage.

“That explains why Yang was looking at him incredulously when every fighter was called into the stadium..”

Ryutaro stands in his ground, not bothering to attack first. "If you're going to knock me out, then come and get me!" He taunted. "So you have decided to play defensive. Very well..." As Kim said it, he charges towards Ryutaro at a blinding speed. He runs around him, making him hard to find an opening. He proceeds to attack him at all directions, laying cuts on his arms, legs, and torso. Ryutaro has an idea. A ki sphere appears in his hand. He raises it up, as if he is going to throw it at Kim but miss. Instead, he throws it to the ground, propelling him up in the air.

"Take this! HAKKOU VOLLEY!" Ryutaro said before launching a barrage of ki blasts down to Kim in the hopes of landing a good hit. Once that is all done, Ryutaro falls and lands on the ground. When the dusts clears off however, Kim is nowhere to be found. He looks around, confused, until he gets hit straight to the gut by an invisible force. Soon, he realized that force is actually Kim. "Impressive destructive power, however, that is not enough. Though I should compliment you for forcing to use this technique. It's called "Air Veil", and it allows me to turn invisible...with a price, that of which you will solve on your own." He explain before he gives a kick to the face on Ryutaro, stumbling him back.

"Cheng!" Rachelle called worriedly "Is there some way to counter him?"

“Well....it certainly is true that a Dou Qi practitioner utilising Wind is essentially a like a swift, lightweighted combatant one would face.” Cheng explained.

“Assuming that Air Veil is what I think it is, then it indeed is a very useful application for those who performs hit and run techniques or more fittingly: Stealth operations.”

“"Fittingly"?” Clair asked, glancing at Cheng.

“Wind Dou Qi practitioners...are actually literally lighter than they look. The air veil is an ability which utilises the supernatural properties of Dou Qi and the wind to scatter the light being refracted on them. And because it is "on" them....a simple slap or a shockwave capable of knocking one of their feet would simply send Kim flying out of the stadium as if he was receiving a hard lunch sending him across one end of the room to the other.”

"So in other words, Ryutaro needs to land a single hit and it's over?" Rachelle asked.​

“Depends on how heavy Kim's equipment is. Even then I'd imagine he himself knew it and also manipulated the wind to have him rooted a little more firmly into the ground.” Cheng spoke.

“...You said it was done by utilising the wind. Right?” Clair asked.

“Indeed I do, why?”

“Aerophagia. Rings a bell?”

Momentarily confused, Cheng glanced at the stadium, in which his eyes widened upon realisation.

“He's not going to be able to keep the veil up any longer if he keeps it up.”

“He's gonna need someone to help him walk for a while until he feels better.”

Clair added.

Ryutaro is as close to losing consciousness after taking a severe amount of punishment. Kim takes notices of this and declares that it's over for him. "It is done." But just as he is about to land the finishing blow, he suddenly stops as he felt something hurting his stomach. "No! Not right now!" He yelled before falling down on the floor, clenching his stomach at the severe pain he is feeling. "I guess I just found out the price then. I'll do admit, you could have won this match if you didn't realized that you're at your limit. I guess this proves why Dou Qi users are not to be messed with. Now, it's time for me to return the favor." Ryutaro said before and delivers a strong kick to the stomach, knocking Kim out of the Air Veil and sent flying and crashing into a wall, knocking him out.

"Knock out! The winner is Ryutaro Tennouji!" The referee yelled and the crowd cheers.​

“So much for that also unintentionally causing the practitioner to intake too much air in a short span of time.”

Cheng spoke before glancing at Clair.

“How did you figure that out?”

“I didn't. It was just a guess,” Clair responded, “I was thinking the speed and amount of air needed to mask him without leaving an exposed spot would've been probably as bad as feeling the side of the tornado brushing on your face roughly for hours. Plus, if he kept his mouth shut he probably would've been able to avoid more air going into his stomach while it blocks the visual of his oval cavity.”

“So as such he ended ups swallowing a lot of air often. Huh...the veil needs some refining in the end.” Cheng commented.

"It's time for the second match! Ryukia Tennouji versus Gin Hashou! Please come up the arena!" The referee yelled and the two fighter comes up the stage and have a bit of a stare down.​

“You sure she won't inadvertently activate Satsui again like earlier?” Cheng asked.

“Only one way to find out. Better get ready to cover Ruri's eyes and ears again in case it gets worse.”

Clair responded simply.

At the sound of the bell, the match immediately starts with Ryukia going on the offensive, delivering a diving kick to Gin's face. It hits, but it didn't affect him that much. She gets back and charges towards him. Gin turns his back and sits down, eyes shut and it appears that he is meditating. Ryukia gets near to him and proceeds to launch a barrage of punches and kicks, all of which are ineffective against him. Finally, Ryukia throws off a Hakkouken at Him, which hits, but sadly, it did not affect him even for a slight bit. Ryukia is confused.

Gin continues to just sit and meditate, seeing Ryukia as no threat at all. She is getting annoyed by this. She wonders how strong Gin is. As she takes a step, Gin suddenly zooms up to her and delivers a strong palm strike that sends her flying to a wall and crash.​

“He mustered up enough force to propel him that quick?”

Xenon muttered.

“To see that he was able to halt for a moments before letting his palm slam her back speaks volume of his timing. The question however...” The Artic Knight paused momentarily, “Is whether or not your friend will force herself to use "that" should she be outmatched.”

Ryukia gets off the wall as she charges towards Gin. The man stared for a moment before turning his back and walking away. When Ryukia reached him, she throws a punch on the back of his head. Gin quickly turned and catches the fist before he throws her away like a crumpled up piece of paper. Ryukia is getting frustrated. She wanted to win against this guy badly. That is when a dark aura begins to manifest.​

“Oh no....this doesn't look good...!”

A distressed tone left Xenon's lips as he stared at the match worryingly, knowing what was going to happen next.

However, before Ryukia could let Satsui take over her consciousness, a voice echoed into her mind, also causing her to stop unleashing the aura while looking slightly taken aback.

You aren't thinking of using "that" again are you? Don't you lose your patience, and listen to me.

The voice seem to resemble that of a certain hooded-fighter and another certain demon-armed man currently at the audience stand.

This man's description makes it clear that he'd easily figure out what your next move and incapacitate your attempts. Naturally he does also understand that you'll be thinking of giving it your all to gain the upper hand. Thing is....if you were less obvious about it, you just might have a chance, "Pint-sized Powerhouse".

Ryukia takes a deep breath, calming herself. The dark aura disappears. "...I see." Gin spoke "You refuse to use that inner darkness. Impressive, but I'm afraid that you are still no match for me. Allow me to make you regret that decision." He reaches his hand out and an orb of ki appears. He throws it, and in the middle of its way, it bursts into a hundred smaller orbs.

Ryukia proceeds to rapidly slaps away the orbs, not a single one of them hitting her. After that, she charges in. Once she got near, she jumps over him. After landing, Gin turns to be met by a ki-enhanced nut shot. He screamed and cringed in pain. He did not anticipate such an attack. Ryukia delivers a ki-enhanced punch to the face, staggering back. She begins to unleash hell by delivering a barrage of fast punches, ending it by forming a ball of ki and slamming it onto Gin's face, which then explodes.

When the smoke clears out, Gin is already on the ground, unconscious, while Ryukia stand triumphant. "Knockout! The winner is Ryukia Tennouji!"​

Ruri and the others on the audience stand cheered, meanwhile back in the participants' rooms Xenon himself sighed in relief before slumping back into his chair.

“It was fortunate she had favoured a subtle tactic over the power of innate darkness.”

“I don't think I'd want to know what would happen if she gave in.”

As Ryukia left the stage, she saw Exceed leaning by on the wall, his gaze slightly obscured by his hoodie as he spoke.

“Nice work out there. still, don't let your guard down for the next few rounds alright?”

Ryukia nodded and continued on. "Hold on, the next match is..." As soon as Rachelle said it, the referee announces the next match. "For the final match of semi-finals we have; Wendelynn Lee versus Goutetsu Onimaru!"​

The wielder of the Artic Rose soon jolted off his seat, leaning forward at the screen in horror at the matching.

“What!?”

Ruri also gulped nervously at the audience stand and looked at Rachelle.

“Mama....will Wendy be okay...?”

Wendy and Goutetsu went up the stage. Just as the referee was about to start the match, Wendy wasted no time to tackle Goutetsu onto the ground and start smashing her fists at him quick. Foul move, but it's better than waiting for the que. The referee immediately calls it start. While beating Goutetsu, Wendy noticed that he isn't flinching whatsoever. Eventually, Goutetsu catches her fist and then he throws a hook onto her face, sending her away.​

”That....most certainly did not look like he's put in any effort.” Cheng helplessly noted, with Clarion agreeing and adding:

“It's gonna take more than tackles and slams to take him down.”

As Wendy gets up, it is clear that she is furious. Goutetsu on the other hand isn't. He stares down at the wrestler as she charges in. Goutetsu reaches his hand out and a dark sphere of ki is formed. He shoots it, only for Wendy to somehow destroy it with a single straight punch. Goutetsu's eyes widen in shock. That was straight up Satsui he used, but how did Wendy manage to destroy it? Once Wendy got near, she grabs his neck and forcibly bends him on his back to perform a spinning neckbreaker.

Wendy gets up and backs away, but Goutetsu gets back up as well, note feeling any of it whatsoever. "How the hell are you still fine?!" She asked, visibly frustrated. "That was the same question your sister asked...right before I put her out." Goutetsu replied, adding more fuel into her anger. "Don't you ever remind me of that, murderer! I won't let you go unpunished!" Wendy retaliated before she charges in towards Goutetsu, only for him to deliver a kick which she quickly blocks but was pushed away. "I remember how well she fought. Blow by blow, yet nothing simply fazed me. Tossed around, choked on the ground, and slammed about. All she did was just wasting her breath against a physical disaster and ended up becoming a victim of it. And here you are, standing before me. Brave and still, yet I wonder how you fare well before you say 'farewell' to your career?" Goutetsu said, only to be met by a double kick to the face by Wendy, pushing him back.

"Don't ever talk shit about my sister! Don't ever talk shit about my career! Eden or not, I don't give damn! I've been training for a long time for this moment. The day that I will avenge my sister from the likes of you! Now get over here and fight, sucker!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back