• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Ayden walked out of his local convenience store, sporting a messenger bag, his father's over-sized jacket, and a dark gray knit cap. He wanted to head home as soon as possible, it was freezing. He started the small trek of carrying his stuff all the way back to his apartment building and, despite the incredibly fluffy jacket he was still cold. Just as he started this, however, he heard a frail voice to the left of him..."Young man...*cough cough* could you spare an old man some change...?" He glanced at the old man and he could've sworn his heart skipped a beat. His father looked almost exactly like this the day he had died. The man wore a similar jacket as that of what he was wearing now, with light gray hair, and an odd colored green scarf. But the man did not have yellow freckles all over his body, killing him slowly. He shivered and opened his messenger bag, pawing through his wallet. "Here..." He said to the man, handing him about forty dollars in cash. He could always earn it back in about half a week. "Thank you, kind sir." The man wheezed taking the money and putting it in his own buttoned up pockets. Ayden tried to do whatever he could to help those on the streets. He remembers the time he spent there and the person that caused it. And is still causing it today. He no longer felt like going to his apartment anymore. Ayden jogged into an alleyway and sat down against a moss and graffiti covered wall and opened his bag. He pulled out a bottle of painkillers (Ibuprofen), one of the two that he had just bought, and swallowed a few pills. He made quick work of hiding his bag and teleported to a nearby rooftop instead. People on tv called him "Ender". They immediately dubbed him evil after trying to harm their precious mayor. But they didn't know the half of it . And Ender was going to stop at nothing until he got his revenge.

Violet has been sitting at her office job for hours. It bored her, but that's what she has to do to get money so she can get food and still live in her tiny apartment. Upon Violet's shift being over, she overheard her co-workers talking about the villain dubbed "Ender." Violet keeps on listening to them and hears them calling the hero that stopped Ender "Moonwatcher" due to pictures of her in her dragon form watching the moon. Violet then notices the people staring at her, and she bushes once she hers. One of her co-workers whispered to another, "does the weirdo always have to eavesdrop on us." Violet quickly leaves the office and takes the stairs no the elevator because she does not want to talk to any of her co-workers. Violet starts to walk home after putting on her tan coat to keep her warm, and halfway through her walk, she decides to tie back her long blonde hair to keep it out of her face as snowfalls. Violet smiles, and she notices a homeless lady sitting on the sidewalk sneezing. "Ma'am, let me get you cold medicine," Violet says to the homeless lady the lady's eyes widen. She says "young lady you don't have to I'm probably not going to survive this winter" Violet rebuts the lady's statement with "but you shouldn't give up that easily all you have is a cold and there is spring to live for there is so much to live for so don't give up than me helping you goes to vane" Violet goes into a nearby convenience store and gives the lady some cold medicine in a bag what else the lady didn't know was that Violet put one hundred dollars in there. Before the homeless lady noticed Violet leaves. After a little while of walking, Violet looks up at the cloudy sky and sees someone on the roof of a nearby building.

Ender stood on the roof of the building right next to the apartments where he lived. He hadn't used his powers in days so he shouldn't have a migraine that bad. If he did he already took a bunch of painkillers this morning. Even so, he wanted to see the mayor fall. He remembered his various attempts to attack the mayor but all of them failing one way or another. All due to a hero named "Moonwatcher". He clenched his teeth in frustration and felt an odd chill down his back. Like someone was watching him. Ender peered down and saw a woman dressed in office clothes with tied up blonde hair staring at him. It was so early in the morning she probably saw only a silhouette, though he hypothesized smiling with relief. But the truth was, she could see in the dark. And she knew exactly what she was staring at, a villain. The villain that she fights day and night to protect the people in the city of Karanii. And she smiled back.

Ender sighed deeply. He really didn't want to hurt innocent people. But he knew that over 75% of poverty in this city was caused by the mayor. The mayor with his increasingly high tax rates and billion dollar house for when he retires. Ayden could barely afford the apartment he lived in now, let alone the food on his plate or the ibuprofen for when he attempted to take the mayor down. He looked back down, but the lady was gone. It took him a moment to realize that was Violet and she lived right next to him in the apartment building and that they always opened the door at the same time to greet each other. He cursed, he didn't have any reasonable excuse to be late. An idea struck him to go get coffee for them both, so he gathered up his messenger bag and bought them both coffee. Well, he bought chocolate milk for himself. He had a stupid night-time job where he worked at a frozen yogurt place for 8 hours and he didn't need coffee interfering with his sleep schedule. When he was unlocking the door to his apartment, he made sure to knock on Violet's door as well but found himself confused when no one answered. He set the coffee on the table by her door instead, with a note to her. Then he unlocked the door to his own apartment and went inside, setting his bag down by the door.

The Aether crept up in the back of her mind whispering: Watch, not him, but where you think he'll go...just be careful. Thoughts are often cluttered and deceiving...

Violet smiles at Aether's voice as it ringed through her head. She says to Aether, "thank you for the advice," Violet keeps looking at the snowfall for a while before heading the rest of the way to her apartment. Once she gets to her apartment, she notices on the table next to her door a cup of coffee. Violet picks up the cup and lets the warmness of the coffee travel trough her hands and sighs happily. She notices the note, picks it up, unlocks her door, goes into her apartment, and starts drinking her coffee. Violet reads the note and sees that the coffee is from her next-door neighbor Ayden. "oh, I have to thank him somehow," she says to herself and starts thinking. An idea came to her mind food she could make him food. Violet goes to the cabinets in her kitchen to see what she could make, and all she has is instant ramen. She then looked in her refrigerator. She is almost out of food. Violet has some eggs and vegetables. She decided to make ramen but spice it up with some eggs and vegetables. Violet starts cooking, and after she is done, she goes over to Ayden's apartment, holding a container full of ramen smiling.

Ayden almost jumped out of his skin when he heard knocking on the door. He was just shuffling through his rent bills, but he was still a little paranoid that the police would find him. Or worse, the Moonwatcher. His dirty-blonde hair was still slightly burned from the last time he fought her, in front of a bank. He quickly put his bills under his place-mat and kicked his bag under his desk and opened the front door, revealing a glimmering Violet. He gazed at her and through the dim ceiling lights he couldn't help but think even in her casual clothing that she looked beautiful. "Oh! Uhm..Violet. I wasn't expecting to see you..." Ayden rubbed the back of his head nervously, hoping she wouldn't see the burns. "You're looking fantastic today. Did you get my coffee? I hope latte wasn't a bad choice..." He smiled nervously and glanced at his bag quickly before meeting Violet's eyes. "D-Do you want to come inside...?" He asked motioning behind himself to his apartment.

Last edited:
Violet gets curious about Ayden's actions but brushes it off. He almost always seems paranoid. "yes, it is perfect. I need to work on a project for tomorrow, so I need to stay up." she says to him, almost forgets about the ramen she made him. "Oh, as a thank you, I made you fancy instant ramen," she says that and hands him the container. " Her stomach growls right after she said that and she blushes. She messes with her hair a little nervously. "so I better get going," she says, turning back to her apartment. Until Violet smells something burnt. "hey, do you smell anything burnt," she says, looking around a bit nervously, hoping the building isn't on fire.

"You're right. Something does smell like it's burning..." He took the ramen from her, placing it on the table and thanking her before rushing and glancing out the window. An old warehouse diagonally across the street from their building was on fire and he wasn't surprised that he could smell the smoke from here. Suddenly, the flames jumped from the building next to them and the streets were so narrow he feared that the building they were in now could catch fire, too. "Violet...We have to get out..." Cold adrenaline rushed through his veins at the fear and reality of what was happening. "We have to go. NOW!!" He grabbed her arm and was about to teleport when he stopped. It wouldn't matter if she knew...she's been my neighbor for years... Still, he rushed towards the stairwell as he heard sirens flaring in the distance. Ayden wasn't going to risk his secret even to the girl he loved. That was how important it was to take down the mayor. Even the firefighters out there were as underpaid as he was. He worried about Violet as her face became stricken for a moment, before they descended down the stairwell together.

Violet is surprised by the sudden movement and quickly says to him, "we should help everyone evacuate!" she rips her arm out of his hand, surprisingly strong for her small frame. She quickly started running back up the stair to the top floor. Once she got there, and an old lady was trying to leave, she is wheelchair-bonding trying to get the elevator to work. "Ma'am we need to go down the stairs can you walk if you lean on me," Violet says to the old lady. The lady answered her, "no, I cant my legs are too weak." Violet starts thinking of what to do. She has to carry the lady, but not in this form, people would get suspicious because of her petite frame. "let me see if there is someone strong enough to carry you down!" Violet says, running into an apartment with an open door, she finds a closet and finds a big jacket to cover her clothes and transforms into her dragon form. Violets blonde hair changers to jet black and her ocean blue eyes to pink and 2 purple wings sprouted from her back as well as a purple tail. Violet comes out of the apartment and picks up the old lady.

Ayden feels hurt and betrayed when she ran back up but he saw where she was coming from. She always had an overly kind heart. Well, if she was going to help people then he was too. He illusioned a mask onto his face and teleported to different rooms until he found one with people in it. A woman was banging on her daughter's door but apparently the child refused to open it. He teleported inside the room and picked the girl up and told the lady to meet them at the bottom of the building. The child struggled and called him a villain and he sighed. Ender wasn't really famous for his good deeds. He set the child down on the sidewalk and the firefighters immediately rushed to her checking her for wounds. One even shouted at him that if this was an illusion it wasn't funny. He continued to teleport people out of the building when he saw a person in a huge jacket setting an old lady down next to a firetruck. "Hey! I need help checking if anybody's left. Most of the rooms are empty but there might be people on the stairwell!" He shouted to the figure, desperately hoping for help.

Last edited:
Moonwatcher looks over at Ender, surprised "Thank you for your help Ender I'm surprised you decided to help and not take this opportunity to attack the major" She says to him and shows him a wing making sure he knows that she is there also to warn him not to try anything. Violet quickly went to the warehouse to make sure no one is inside. There are a few gang members inside, along with a few workers. She quickly got them out, protecting them with her wings. Once they got out, she started to have a coughing fit due to breathing in too much smoke. After Moonwatcher composed, she noticed that Ayden was not there and went to make sure the apartment building stairwell is clear. She helped many people out but she is worryed about Ayden and she hopes that he is ok. Then she started helping the firefighters tackle the flames. She says to Ender, "if you ever want to be a hero, I think we could make a good team," she flys up with a hose to tackle higher flames.

Last edited:
Ender stood there gaping. What the heck just happened? Who does she think she is? His confusion quickly turned to anger. That bratty hero, why is she like this? He turned around back towards the building as Moonwatcher ignored his plea and went to the warehouse instead. Then, he realized that Violet wasn't out here. His heart dropped. Is she still in the building? Is she injured? Did she get trapped attempting to save people? He racked his brain and remembered that when he saw her she was heading upstairs. Upstairs where the flames are... His fear shot up and he teleported to the rooms nearest to the flames, searching through the smoke. Where is she? She must be here... Ayden felt that if he saw another person that he loved die...he would lose it. Tears flowed from his eyes, and as he wiped them away they stung the scars on his hands. Scars he got by fighting a certain dragon girl. He teleported through the stairwells, hysterically searching, although helping people where he could. He teleported back to where the he hid his messenger bag and his jacket and sat down, crying. The illusion that was on his face disappeared and now he was just Ayden. Weak, stupid Ayden. The building in front of him was engulfed in flames and he looked up to see Moonwatcher carrying people out of the flames. Ayden could do nothing but stare at her in hatred. If she would've helped him they might've found Violet and she wouldn't be gone. She wouldn't have just left, she would be with the firefighters assisting people. So...other than dead, where could she possibly be?

Moonwatcher keeps helping the firefighters get everything under control. Then she starts checking on people and try to calm down everyone. She talked to many people until she noticed Ayden crying, and she makes her way to him. "Hey is everything ok," she says to him and sits down. She keeps her tail close to her because there are many burns on it to keep him from touching her tail. Moonwatcher starts having another coughing fit due to the smoke. After she stopped coughing, she looked at him and smiled. "please don't cry. It doesn't look good on you, not like a smile," Moonwatcher says to him, and she reaches out to Ayden so she can help comfort him.

Ayden turns his head and see's Moonwatcher's talons reaching out to him. He instinctively slaps it. "Get. Away. From. Me." He sneered. Wiping his face as his tears turned to blood. He could barely hear what she was saying as blood started to drip from his ears as well. He stood up, almost falling from the dizzyness. Thank god I took meds earlier. He thought, smiling. Otherwise, he would've been in a world of pain. Of course, he still felt it but it was only a buzzing at the back of his mind. He looked up at Moonwatcher, she looked highly offended. Good, this was her fault anyways. He felt like he would've punched her if he had any strength left. Ayden instead turned to her, "Violet is gone. She is gone and you dare to call yourself a hero. Pathetic." He spat attempting to wipe the blood from his eyes. He coughed and slung his stuff over his shoulder before limping towards his burning apartment building once again. He knew that he couldn't teleport anymore but he swore to himself that he would find her if it killed him.

Moonwatcher looked at him, walking away sadly. She knows she has to fix this and get him some medical attention fast, seeing the blood dripping from his eyes and ears. Moonwatcher wants to cry but knows she has to stay strong for everyone here and she goes over fire chief "Do you have everything under control here because i need to go" The fire chief looks at Moonwatcher and says "Yes we do And thank you for your help here." Moonwatcher smiles a fake smile. "I'll be taking my leave then," She says, running off in an ally way to hide and throws the oversized jacket she took in the dumpster before transforming back to her human form. She does have a higher pain tolerance in her dragon form, so when she gets back in her human form, pain shot through her body to the many burns she sustained. Violet starts crying because of the pain and knowing that she hurt her friend. She gets up and stumbles a bit before running to Ayden and tackle hugs him and starts sob and says "I'm sorry to make you worry! I'm sorry, I'm sorry." Violet hugged him tight and feels terrible that she made him think she was dead by turning into Moonwatcher to help.

He turned in around in surprise. Violet was there, hugging him, with tears of her own in her eyes. A sudden, overwhelming sense of joy shot through him, one that he hadn't felt since he was a kid. "V-Violet..." He felt like laughing and crying at the same. Well, at least he had the crying part, if crying could consist of blood and black stuff. He almost toppled over with the impact of her hug, just another reminder of the devastating side-effects of his powers. He slightly remembered earlier this morning him running to a coffee shop to buy latte and chocolate milk, but it all seemed so silly to him now. He ran his fingers through her hair, embracing her hug. "I thought y-you were d-dead...I was s-so worried about you..." He sobbed. He looked back at the building as the firefighters extinguished the last of the flames. Luckily, it was just the top floor of their building but he couldn't say the same for the warehouse or his favorite pharmaceutical company...Even though he could go back to the apartment building like nothing happened. Not after almost losing Violet. But how did Moonwatcher come to the rescue so quickly...? He got a knot in his stomach, thinking about the possibility of her living in the same area of buildings he did. Ayden looked back down at Violet and made a second promise. He never made promises he couldn't keep so he only made one other in his whole life. He closed his eyes for a moment, before everything went black.

Violet feels Ayden going limp and freaks out the screams, "I need a medic!" Her tears are still streaming down her face as she lets his unconscious body lean on her and acting to stumble a little. She would pick him up and carry him if he wasn't almost twice the weight of her. It would look weird, and people would start questioning her if she carried him. Some Emergency medical technicians come over and take him from her, and they give Violet his bag. Violet sits by the ambulance, waiting to see what they have to say about Ayden's condition. After at least 5 minutes, a critical care nurse goes over to her. The critical care nurse looks at Violet and says, "your boyfriend will be fine" upon hearing that, Violet blushes bright red. "um he's not my boyfriend," she says nervously to the critical care nurse. "Well, you should take care of him since he must be a great friend." The critical care nurse says and gives her a small bag and says "this is all I can provide you for free for your friend there is an anti-inflammatory and a pain reliever it should keep his eyes and ears from bleeding" One of the EMTs helps Violet get Ayden to his apartment. Violet then went to her apartment to get her laptop. She went back to Ayden's apartment, sat on the floor next to his bed, and worked on her project.

Ayden blinked crusted blood from his eyes as he awoke to the sound of loud beeping. He attempted to lift his head but he felt like he got hit by a bus. Where am I? What is that sound...? He thought, looking around. He was in his bed, in his apartment. Ayden rubbed his head, remembering what had happened the day before. The last thing he remembered was Violet hugging him and then...blank. So...how did he get here...? He pushed aside his blankets and stood up. Immediately, he noticed that he was wearing one of those ridiculous white-and-blue hospital gowns. The kind that barely had a knot tied on the back and if you stood the wrong way it showed your butt. Well, it was his fault for practically burning his clothes off. He could barely feel any pain anymore but felt an odd weight on his arm and looked. Ayden could almost feel all the blood drain from his face. It was a EMT catheter, amateurly jabbed in his arm, probably to check his blood levels. After he had gotten the job at the frozen yogurt shop, he bought one of those cruddy blood tests from Home Depot and tested himself, because it was obvious he had the Yellowness. He was sick alright. He was so sick he should've been dead. His blood had corroded through the baggy and made a hole in his apartment's tile flooring. That was also the week he found out he had powers. Everything kind of went downhill from there. There was an odd light bothering him on the other side of the room, and he looked. Violet was leaning half on his chair half on his carpet with her hair all messed up and snoring loudly. The beeping started up again and he scrambled to turn it off as to not wake her. He made a face and interpreted that she was up on her computer all night, poor Violet. His face brightened, this was an opportunity to make her his signature chocolate chip waffles. (He immediately forgot about his worries and started to make waffles. Because when you make waffles that is what you do.)

After a few minutes, Violet's phone starts ringing, and she starts to wake up. She stretches and yawns, then picks up her phone and turns off her alarm. Then the smell of waffles hits her nose, and she gets up and moves her laptop from her lap to a table. Violet goes over to Ayden "how are you feeling," she asks and yawns again. She then sees the chocolate chips and smiles. "Your making chocolate chip waffles!" she says excitedly. If Violet were in her dragon form, her tail would be waging like crazy. Violet loves food, and many of her co-workers say that her stomach is the best way to her heart. She reaches her hand towards the bag of chocolate chips to steal a few without Ayden seeing

"I'm feeling pretty great, actually, thank you for asking." He smiled, his yellow fangs nearly piercing his bottom lip. He noticed this, and touched his face in confusion. That's odd...It's never done something like that before... He shrugged. It was probably going to wear off soon enough anyways. He turned to her, and pretended not to notice as she stole a few chocolate chips. "And how are you feeling, this lovely morning? I've seen that you finished your project." He asked her in return, taking the waffles out of the waffle maker and handing Violet the syrup. He walked over and drew the curtains because he remembered, again, that his lighbulb was broken. Thank god for natural light. He thought as the sunbathed his skin. He poured more waffle batter into the maker and turned around. "I'm going to go get out of these ridiculous clothes. I'll be right back." He said going to his room to change, leaving Violet alone in his dining room. And with his messenger bag under the table with his mask in it...

Violet happily eats the chocolate chips that she took. She also starts to set the table so they can eat together before going to work. She sets the syrup down and smiles. Violet then notices his bag under the table and moves it out from under the table. She puts it on one of the counters. Violet then remembers the medicine that she was given for Ayden. She gets the medication out of the bag and sets it next to Ayden's plate so she can get him to take it. Violet then talks to Aether out loud she forgot that she wasn't alone. "hey Aether is anything going to happen today." she says

Ayden heard what she said even from the other room. Luckily, he didn't think anything of it other than it was probably a mental condition. When he walked out of his room, though he tried not to mention it. He looked over at his place setting and even though it should've made him happy his heart sunk. Normally, he would just be ashamed that a grown guy like him had to take a chewable version of a medication but he also knew that the medication was kept in the same pocket as his mask. He didn't know whether Violet saw it or not but he didn't want to risk it so he just played it off. "Thank you for thinking about me... You really didn't need too." He unscrewed the cap and took some, trying to seem enthusiastic.

Violet smiles and says, "its a pain killer and anti-inflammatory. It should help you, or at least that's what the nurse said." She sits down, and she ran her fingers through her hair to untangle it a little before tying it up. By her doing that, it shows her shoulder due to her wearing a tank top. There are many burns on her shoulders that can now be seen. "work today is a little exciting. I get to show my project." she says and smiles. She takes a waffle and starts eating melted. Chocolate gets all over her face. "so what are you going to be doing today?" Violet asks.

He cringed. "I should've been at work last night. I guess I'm going to call my boss to see if I'm fired or not because with all the poverty in this town she could find another hire just by walking into the street." Ayden sat down on his other lawn chair and shoved a waffle in his mouth, he was a lot more hungry than he thought he originally was. "If so, I guess I'll be writing a few resumes to get another job. I've got to meet up with a friend around 2:00 to watch a movie but after that I'm free." He smiled but he knew that his 'friend' didn't exist. He was planning a complex mission to hold a whole entire office building captive in return for the mayor. He would then kill the mayor and he knew the perfect person to take his place: Violet. She was smart and although she wasn't the social type she could improve this city by a lot. He turned to her "You should be getting to work soon, too. It would be a shame if your co-workers don't get to see the project you worked so hard on." He leaned back on the lawn chair and tried not to think about what he was going to do today to keep a promise to his dying father. He never wanted to hurt innocents but what if the mayor doesn't turn himself over? What if Moonwatcher called his bluff? He couldn't be seen as weak. Despite not wanting to, he couldn't get it out of his head as he wrote his resumes and sometimes started to write down all the reasons it couldn't work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back