• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Shadow and Mephiles The Dark Brothers

Shadow looked at Smoketrail. "Memories returning and I had to keep them back then this little thing followed me." Shadow said. He didn't mean the this little thing in a mean way and that was obvious.

Cosmo blushed at Shadow calling her “this little thing”, embarrassed by such a silly title.

Shadow hadn't noticed. "Seems we all 3 have past issues haunting us...Cosmo and I have deaths on our minds...What about you?" He asked Smoketrail.

Shadow gently pushed her off clearly not the hugging type. "I'll keep it in mind." Is all he says then he re-enters the house and heads back to his sleeping bag.

Shadow did indeed go to sleep but well? Say that to the black hedgehog's dreams. He was re-living the moment Black Doom killed Maria. Over and Over and Over again. Once it ended it re-started and he couldn't wake up. He even looked peaceful but he wasn't.

Smoketrail went back inside, "Come back in when you're ready, Cosmo..." Smoketrail said, laying in her sleeping bag and placing her hand on Shadow's so she could enter his dreams and keep an eye on him

“Ah! R-right” Cosmo hurried along back inside and upstairs to the spare room, plopping onto the bed where she’d soon after fall alseep. Cream peeked through the corner of the door checking in on all of her guests to make sure everything was in order. Satisfied, she went back downstairs to wait for her mother and Gemerl.

Smoketrail entered Shadow's dream, "Shadow, it's just a dream." she said, "And yes, this is really me. I can enter dreams, but it's draining on me, so I don't have much time. I want to help you. If you focus on the past, you won't be able to enjoy the present, now I gotta go before my time in here is up."

(Would y'all mind if I temporarily used Vanilla and Gemerl as npcs? I can't just leave poor Cream all alone wondering where her fam is lmao)

Cream heard a knock on the door so she’d hop out of the seat to go see who it was. With elation written all over her face, she'd shout, “Momma, Gemerl!” as she launched herself at the two in question. Carrying bags in each arm, Vanilla the Rabbit and Gemerl finally came back from their shopping. The family all walked back inside, Cream making sure to help her mother put groceries away. All finished, she’d hop over back to her mom with an the biggest grin stretched across her face. Vanilla would give a gentle laugh as she ruffled the fur on top her daughter’s head. “How was your picnic with Cosmo? Did you two have a fun time?” Cream eagerly nodded “I did and I made new friends too!” Looking away from her mother, she’d hesitantly add on, “Would it be alright if they could stay the night as well?” Vanilla smiled, easing Cream’s worries. “Well, could I meet these new friends first?” The young girl nodded as she took Vanilla and Gemerl’s hands, leading them over to where the two hedgehog’s were. Whispering as to not accidentally wake up them up, Cream quietly provided Vanilla with their names. “Momma and Gemerl, meet Mister Shadow and Miss Smoketrail! Mister Shadow is going to train Miss Cosmo and Miss Smoketrail is Mister Sonic’s big sister!”

Gemerl silently stood there as the parts in his body whirred, processing some calculations before finally he’d speak. Facing the pink hedgehog, Gemerl would list out, “Smoketrail Dawn the Hedgehog. Designation: Unconfirmed. Analysis: Related to ‘Sonic the Hedgehog’. Gemerl looked over to Shadow as he repeated the process. “Shadow the hedgehog. Designation: Unconfirmed. Analysis: None’” Finally he’d conclude with, “Scanning….Scanning….Analysis: Queries concerning intended use for [1] Chao Emerald located on Smoketrail Dawn the Hedgehog and [1] Chao Emerald located on Shadow the Hedgehog. Final Assessment: Transfer designations of Shadow the Hedgehog and Smoketrail Dawn the Hedgehog to ‘Potential Threats’”

Cream puffed out her cheeks and furrowed her brow as she quietly corrected him. “Gemerl…What did we say about calling other people threats?” The robot in question quickly retracted his assessment and replaced it with, “Correction: Transfer designations to ‘Potential Allies’”. Much happier with the gizod’s final analysis, Cream smiled down at her sleeping friends as she led her mother and brother back downstairs, making sure as to not disturb any of them from their slumber. Meanwhile Cosmo was still fast asleep, not showing any signs of waking up soon. It seemed she’d been quite tuckered out from the eventful day. She also had big plans tomorrow after all. Cosmo would need all of the rest she could get before it would be time to train with Shadow. Until then, she’d rest easy.​

Smoketrail looked tired. She'd just used her most draining ability; Dreamwalking. "Hey..." Smoketrail said, "Can I let Cream help me on an mmorpg I play? It's called World of Warcraft, it does have fighting, but no blood or anything. I was mainly gonna let her upgrade my gear, but she can do other stuff, like quests and battles if she wants."

Last edited:
Vanilla mulled over Smoketrail’s request in her mind “Hmm…I suppose that would be alright, a little video games never hurt anyone after all” Turning to Cream, her mother would outline the conditions. “Make sure all of your chores are done first and don’t play on it for too long, alright dear?” Cream nodded, “Mmhm! I already finished them before Cosmo and I went on the picnic, I’ll go show Miss Smoketrail where the computer is!”

Grabbing the hedgehog by her hand, Cream would lead her into the office space, a small room down the hallway which held the technology in question. Though based on appearances, there was no way in heck that the computer would be able to play any game that wasn’t eight bit or less. It was an incredibly outdated piece of technology and coated with a thick layer of dust. “We don’t really use the computer a whole lot because Momma says that it’s better to play outside than stay all cooped up inside. Tails said he might make us a new one soon though!” Cream pressed a button, turning the ancient machine on with a horrendous shrill as it desperately tried to boot up. Cream patiently stood there, watching as the computer became stuck endlessly loading up as it still continued to make that awful noise. However it seemed more like that it would combust in to flames before it’d actually be able to turn on.

Just as all hope seemed to be lost Gemerl would walk by. Noticing Smoketrail’s and Cream’s troubles with the computer he’d quickly come to their aide. “ I should be able to temporarily upgrade the computer through the process of merging myself with it’s components” Demonstrating, he placed an arm onto the machine, the limb slowly beginning to fuse with it. With the extra power, the computer was finally able to boot up. Delighted, Cream would chirp out, “Thank you Gemerl!” As she plopped into a nearby chair. Looking up at Smoketrail, the rabbit girl waited for her to insert the game so she could start playing.​

Last edited:
Shadow finally darted awake from his nightmares and walked through the steps of telling if it wasn't a new dream or reality. He focused on all the energy around him and thought of 3 things he could touch. Sleeping bag, floor, side of the bed. He'd then walk around and make sure none of his surroundings in the entire house changed and he'd find the little rabit. He decided to sit down by her. "Hey." He said kindy.

Cosmo would jolt up as the noise Shadow made pulled her straight from her dreams. Relaxing, Cosmo would yawn as Shadow walked down the stairs, greeting him with a quiet “Good Morning”. The current time was still in the afternoon but she had the right enough idea. Slowly, Cosmo would pull herself from the comfort of the covers, stretching her muscles and rubbing the remaining sleepiness from her eyes. Finally, she was all good to go. Forgoing the stairs, Cosmo would hop and gently float down to the first floor, looking to see where the others could have possibly gone. Hearing the most noise in a room down the hall, Cosmo would end up in the office along with the others, where Cream came to notice the two new occupants joining her and Smoketrail. “Ah, Cosmo, Mister Shadow! How did you two sleep?” Cosmo responded with a simple “I slept fine, thank you” deciding not to further elaborate.

"I slept like normal." He was debating in his head to contiune and the yes won. "Which isn't well when you stuck in a loop of nightmares."

“Oh…I’m sorry Mister Shadow” Cream’s cheerful smile melted away upon the news, leaving her with a rather downtrodden expression. That is, until her eyes sparkled as a lightbulb went on in her head. Excitedly she cheered, “I know! I’ll make you a Goodnight charm that’ll scare the bad dreams away! I’ll be right back” Before Shadow could have any say on the matter Cream would scurry off into her bedroom to grab paper, crayons, markers, and glitter. As soon as the supplies were acquired Cream quickly got to work on her dream charm, adding a finishing touch of a long red ribbon attached to it as a strap. Proud of her work she’d return back to the office room, handing Shadow her gift to him. It didn’t amount to much but a childish drawing covered in markers and sparkles but one could easily see how earnestly it had been made. “Here! Now when ever you have a bad dream my Goodnight Charm will ward it off! Would either of you like one too, Cosmo and Smoketrail?” Cosmo hurriedly shook her head “N-no thanks, but thank you for offering!”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back