• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Shadow and Mephiles The Dark Brothers

Shadow looked at the laptop confused. The only eletronic devices they had on the commet was scouters for those who can't feel energy but of high class. He quickly shook his head and walked outside waiting on Cosmo.

“You’re welcome! I use to have a lot of nightmares too after Emerl…” All of a sudden Cream looked as if she’d lost all happiness in the world but the girl would quickly pull herself together, changing the subject “But Amy was the one who taught me how to make charms to scare them away!” Noticing that Smoketrail had brought her own laptop, Cream smiled and hopped out of the chair to where she’d set up the device. With confirmation that his work wasn’t needed any further, Gemerl would remove his arm from the computer, giving a gentle pat on Cream’s back as he went to the kitchen, likely to help Vanilla with cooking.

Cosmo would hurried along behind Shadow, following him outside. She thought to herself that it might have been a better idea to bring work out clothing but concluded she’d simply just have to remember to before their next session. Standing on the grass, she’d address her trainer with a stern expression as she shouted, “ I’m ready to begin training, please teach me all there is to know!”

Shadow was surprised at her enthusiam after he told her that the training would be hell. "First step to acheiving your hidden power is to figure out which emotions trigures it. First I'm gonna bat you around this is suppossed to test your determantion. To see if you need that to unlock your power but also you must be determined to win a fight." With no second warnings Shadow is suddenly gone and knocking Cosmo into the air. Though he's using 1% of his power the pain is about as bad as getting hit by a baseball since he's surpressing his power.

Suddenly a chain happens. She sent towards a tree but kicked before she hits it. Then knocked up by another kick and then slammed towards the ground only for another kick to send her right back towards a tree and the chain contiunes.

Completely unprepared, Cosmo was violently knocked into the air just from Shadow’s kick. Still reeling from the first attack, Cosmo was completely unable to react to the following blows, being thrown around like a rag doll from each attack. Finally she’d plummet to the ground, letting out a grunt of pain as her body made impact with the solid surface. Already bruises could be seen forming on the girl’s soft skin. Slowly, she’d pull herself up from the ground getting into an incredibly rudimentary fighting stance. See didn’t know how to hold herself as every movement was filled with hesitation. She’d never fought someone in life before and lacked the muscle or strength to even carry a stack of boxes. Her sister had told her that she’d always been rather clumsy as well. Frankly, as Cosmo stood there trying to recover from Shadow’s first attack, she became hyper aware of these faults as she faced her teacher down. Gulping down her nerves, Cosmo guarded herself, anticipating that Shadow would continue with his blows.

Shadow looked at her. He was surprised she stood up. Sure he used 1% of power but still it surprised him. "Impressive." He says as he vanishes and appears behind her and kicks her back down. "but you need to watch your foe learn to read their body everyone can give away slight parts of their movement with that."

“Ah!” Cosmo plummeted back to the ground, efface srunched up as she accidentally swallowed some dirt. Face down in the ground she’d try her best to focus on Shadow’s lesson, memorizing each syllable one by one. Once he finished Cosmo strained her body to get back up once more, every muscle and bone screaming at her to give up. Despite all of her effort, her aching limbs would win the battle as Cosmo once more collapsed into the earth.

Shadow sighed. Her determanation was impressive he'd never seen anyone with this much except himself, and the black arms. He'd lift her on his back and led her to the house. "Whoever was making food should be done by now."

Smoketrail was playing World of Warcraft on her laptop. She kept it in her bag in case she needed it for work or got bored, "Cream, do you wanna come play with me?" she asked, her character currently battling an ogre.

Shadow carried Cosmo on his back to the couch. "I'm impressed. I may have used 1% of my power but your determination might even rival mine and Mephiles' one of theese days." He says to Cosmo.

Smoketrail sighed. It wasn't right for her to be jealous of Cosmo for spending so much time around Shadow, but she was. Her Quills shifted into a more defensive position, indicating her jealousy and overall unhappiness.

Shadow looked at her and was able to tell her thoughts and feelings based on her body lauanage. "Stop being jealous once I get this little thing to tap into her hidden power I'll put you through Hell to." He said. He hadn't meant it in a mean way.

“…” Defeated, Cosmo didn’t reply as Shadow picked up her small body from the floor. The hedgehog would most likely notice just how light she was, barely weighing more than a pillow at most. It explained how she could float only just using a gust of air and her dress but it wouldn’t help in the slightest if she ever needed to stand her ground. Holding onto his back, Cosmo was carried back inside the cottage where the two of them would be greeted by the sight of Vanilla and Gemerl both wearing frilly aprons and holding some manner of kitchen utensils. Somehow able to threatingly hold a ladle, Vanilla ordered that “Go clean yourselves up please, I would appreciate not having dirt on my floor and couch” With Cosmo’s intimate time spent face planted into the ground, she’d come out of their training session covered in dust and grass stains. Nodding, Cosmo would gobble back to the spare room to tidy herself up. “That means you as well mister”

Meanwhile Cream observed as Smoketrail showed her the basics of the game, not noticing the pink hedgehog’s shift in attitude. “Why are you fighting the green man?” A pacifist at heart, she didn’t seem to understand the point to these sorts of games.

Shadow looked at Vanilla about t aruge but decided against it. She didn't have to let him stay here so he may as well obey her house rules so he went to take a shower.

"Their in-game enemies..." Smoketrail said, "by defeating them I can get gold, EXP, and items for my character." Smoketrail ruffled Cream's hair before turning to Shadow, "It's not that I necessarily want the hell part, I just wish I wasn't 3rd-wheeled every time I walk into my house..."

Shadow heard her after returning from his shower. "Hmph your third wheeled atleast your..." He stopped himself not wanting to bring up his abusive lifestyle before this.

Vanilla smiled upon Shadow following her request, heading back to the kitchen to continue with her work. Meanwhile Cosmo would finally come back out from the spare room, changed into a fresh set of clothing. She’d eventually find herself back in the office, stumbling into Shadow and Smoketrail’s conversation “What’s this about a third wheel?”

"I'm sorry..." Smoketrail said, "I didn't mean to make you think of anything like that..." Smoketrail said as she started failing to focus on her game. What was it everyone she started to like before found so unattractive in her? she wondered as she grit her teeth.

Shadow would quickly pause and open up. "Even with my power my father could still control my body if I'm less then 10 feet away and he'd do that just so he could...well give me an abusive life." Shadow said.

She turned to Cosmo, "I live with my brother and his girlfriend, Amy... He doesn't pay much attention to me anymore... I miss when he'd log into his World of Warcraft account and we'd do raids together..."

“….eh?” Cosmo stood by the door way, still entirely unsure of what she’d just stumbled onto. Things seemed to have been perfectly normal before she walked in but now Smoketrail was suddenly speaking about her past? What was this “World of Warcraft?” Why was she raiding other people? Was this simply a mobian thing she was unaware of? Too confused to respond, thankfully Cream would cut through the tension, grabbing Cosmo by the arm as she led her to the pink hedgehog’s laptop. “Look what Miss Smoketrail is teaching me how to play!” Cosmo examined the screen, asking “Why are you hurting the one eyed man? What did he do?”

As soon as Gemerl sensed Shadow’s presence the robot would throw the knife in his hand mere inches from Shadow’s head, the weapon lodging itself deep in the wall. Bluntly Gemerl spat out a simple “Entry denied” as he went to go grab another knife from the rack to continue chopping up the vegetables. Vanilla would give a much kinder response, “No thank you dear, we’ve got everything covered but thank you for offering! Though…could you do me a favor and help set up the table? The utensils are in that cabinet over there” She’d point over to the cabinet in question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back