• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern School of Power

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Interactions: Verite Verite , Open to Interaction

Ann didn't have the heart to tell them that her control over her powers hadn't really gotten better during her first year at the school. "Haha, of course, yeah!" She pushed up her glasses awkwardly before getting back to discussing her powers. "Yeah, I'm a real rubber gal! I can also make other things soft by touch!" She looked down to the ground embarrassed. "I can't really unsoft them though and some times it happens when I don't mean to, like one time I was going to open a fridge and it just- nevermind!" She looked up at Ren with a friendly smile. "What about you? What's your power?"

Charlotte Monroe
Interactions/ Mentions: Slav Slav

His comment made her laugh. The genuine laugh out loud type that felt very nice considering the day she was having.

“Yea, I suppose they are.” She agreed, remembering some of the things she had read from others. Crazy indeed. As they neared the excluded spot she heard her impatient acquaintance digging around for one of his beloved cigarettes and grinned.

She paused, stretching out her hand to feel for the wall. Charlotte turned and pressed her back against it, sliding down until she was sat in the grass. Thinking for a moment, she decided now would be great. She stuck her hand out, extending her index and middle finger into a “V” shape, indicating to put a cigarette in between them.

“So I guess it’s my turn to ask some questions huh? Where are you from? Your accent screams like, New York or New Jersey.” She had never been good at pinpointing accents. Charlotte didn’t know the differences between the two, but she enjoyed listening to him speak nonetheless.

Christoph retrieved another cigarette from his pack and slid it between the V in her hand. He grabbed his lighter from his pocket and flipped it up so the flame appeared. He then proceeded to lit the cigarette for her before putting his lighter back into his pocket. He leaned against the wall, taking another drag before answering her question, "I'm from New York city, I lived in Manhattan. My parents though are from Germany." He said letting out a stream of smoke into the air. Damn, I could go for some italian cuisine right now. His stomach growled, he hadn't eaten anything today, he usually doesn't eat breakfast. "So where are you from? You don't sound like you're from these parts either." He asked taking another drag from his cigarette.

Interactions: BippityBoppityBoop BippityBoppityBoop

Vetr Wyrd
Tags:
Deadwood Deer Deadwood Deer (Open)

52.png

She keeps the pout at her initial response "Shopping isn't a waste if you have fun during it though, Plus there are plenty of cute styles with plenty of stretches to them...would help with the whole....periodic adjustments right?". Vetr could not suppress the chuckle at the mention of the underwear, though the mention of 3 other occurrences did raise an interesting question she was curious about "Oh three times? So is this the fourth or were there more? Now I'm curious about how they went...I mean I'm sure there are going to be many more as well, how else are you going to learn more about your power if you don't use it more right? Practice makes perfect you know."

She listens intently as she explains more information regarding her particular power set, more ideas coming to mind as she looks away, was this making her uncomfortable? hmm perhaps a new topic then, her interest could wait as there was sure to be plenty of time for that over the course of the school. Deciding to latch onto his last comment and going from there she decides that might put them at ease a bit as well as get to know them a little more.

"Oh I am curious what these usual plans are, you mentioned soundproofing so was that to practice an instrument or a musical flare, or something else you do for fun? You mentioned not to do girly stuff because of plans and not because you dont like them, interesting choice of words there as well" leaning in to look to her face as she speaks with a knowing grin.

Kai Skinner
Amoeba|Orientation Event|Interacting: PlusUltra PlusUltra
Assimilated: Vetr Wyrd​

Kai just shook her head at the style suggestion. "It's about functionality, not style, with me." That seemed obvious, considering how Kai dressed. Besides, if today was anything to judge, and it likely was, accidental assimilation would be happening a lot, and the odds are something would come up that wouldn't fit in a stretchy garment, eventually. "I don't enjoy it, and I don't hate it, if that's what you're asking. I can't even hug my mother without turning into her, but I can avoid hurting her. If I can get far enough to control the assimilation process, I'll consider that a win." Like she'd said, it stopped being a major issue to Kai after it had happened a few times, the initial novelty and confusion of being genderbent wore off rather quickly, and it just became a thing that happens. An embarrassing and invonvenient thing that happened, yes, but not a serious issue. It was nearly impossible to avoid encountering DNA of other people when you live in an RV with two other people your size, but his mother's hair on everything happened more often than Kai would care to admit.

At Vetr's other query about plans, Kai's face turned beet red. "W-w-what?! N-no, I don't do that! I play guitar and draw!" She pulled her hood farther out to try and hide her face. Why would Vetr take this in that direction? And now Kai was freaking out. This wasn't good. After some hasty looking around, Kai spotted a bench that wasn't in an obvious spot for people to be looking and started walking, needing a minute to calm down.

Charlotte Monroe

Charlotte offered a quiet “thanks” to Chris as he handed and lit the cigarette. She took a drag as she listened to him speak of his heritage and where he grew up. So that’s where the German beer came from. Almost immediately Charlotte could feel the stress of the run in with Aaliyah slipping away, and it was immediately replaced with a pang of guilt. Ok, so she might have been a bit harsh to her.

Charlotte cocked her head a bit as her attention again turned to Chris. She thought he had said something about Italian, but realized he was just extremely hungry and was thinking about it.

‘That does sound pretty good right now.’ She thought to herself, realizing that she hadn’t eaten today either. It was such a nerve wracking morning, what with starting a whole new school with all new people after being so used to staying with just her mother and siblings. There was no way she could eat. Charlotte would never admit her nervousness though.

“I’m from Pennsylvania. Nothing fancy. I grew up on the countryside actually, nowhere near the city.” She mused. Her and Chris were completely opposite in that aspect. She had always wondered what it was like in the city, with all the hustle and bustle, all of the lights (not that she could see it, but she heard they were fantastic), the shows, the musicals. Didn’t New York have Broadway or something like that? Charlotte couldn’t remember, but it was interesting to think about nonetheless. She took another drag and let the smoke out slowly.

“So mister New York, why are you here? Or is that confidential?” She joked, a crooked smile drawn onto her face.

Vetr Wyrd
Tags:

6.png

"The stretch was part of the functionality silly, besides with all the powers and resources at this school if they cant come up with something that simple like that then you would really need to question their competence, but I think i get what you mean...One size fits all is a common lie for a lot of brands" her look turns to sympathy as he mentions the contact with her mother, her mouth moving a little as she tries to think of something comforting to add into the conversation "I mean there is also the fact that your power is isolated to affecting just one person you're in close contact with right? and this school has helped people with far more destructive and wild powers that would affect far more people...so you really should think of it as When not If you know?"

She continues to listen to him as her face turns red but Vetr cant help their grin spread wider at the flustered display, the hood alone told her enough but it seemed they had a little too much, best to give them their space to cool down a little less she pushes too far "Well I would love to see and hear you a little more sometimes, your art too....don't be a stranger" waving the girl off before turning around and looking to the grounds once more. She was under no illusion that she wouldn't be bumping into them a few times over the school's course but for now, she did want to finish her food, then maybe go see if there was anyone else around the events that perked her interest given she was one for one so far. Though after a while she decides to instead check back in on Kai, having given a few moments to cool down and approaching from behind, taking care in her approach not to physically touch exposed skin as she wraps her arms around him.

"Im sorry if that was too much, but hey in for a penny in for a pound right?, So you never did answer what you want to do, or better to just sit and talk some more?"

Last edited:
Kai Skinner

Kai hadn't heard Vetr's farewell as she strode away. The bench was the kind without a back, but it was out of the way and partially obscured by stalls, so it provided some privacy and allowed Kai to calm down and work through thoughts and feelings. "C'mon, Kai, you were trying to be social, and look what happened! You're female again and the girl is nuts, this is why you stay in the background and and get things done quietly! Tonight, dissimilate and stop talking to people!", Kai muttered to himself, "But if I don't socialize, when I graduate I'm entirely on my own, a courser that can't interact is a dead one, I can't get a job like that! I need to be able to survive once I leave." Kai seemed to be having an internal debate about whether it was worth it to continue to make attempts at socializing as Vetr approached from behind. She'd taken off her mask to eat the snacks purchased earlier with shaking hands, and seemed entirely focused on her personal crisis to the point where Kai didn't hear Vetr approaching.

The teen nearly jumped out of her skin when Vetr hugged Kai from behind. 'Oh, shit, someone's creeping on me, why did I pick the farthest corner to hide in?' It wasn't until it registered that Kai's back was being pressed on by something large and soft, and Vetr spoke, that Kai realized that it was not in fact someone creeping on the girl in the far corner. Honestly, at this school, that was highly unlikely to begin with, but Kai's mind was very good at worst case scenarios when panicked.

Of course, that didn't change that she was touching again. Kai's jerky hit the ground as she almost shriveled in Vetr's grasp. "Please let go," she squeaked, "I don't care if you want to talk, just stop touching me."

Christoph finished his cigarette, flicking it into the grass and crushing it to put out the ashes. He retrieved another and swiftly put it up to his lips and lit it with his lighter. His lighter was running out of lighter fluid but luckily he had a spare in his bag at his room. After taking another drag, he finally spoke, "I don't really know much about living in the countryside, only visited it a few times in Germany which I assume is quite different than living in the countryside in America." He said with a small laugh. The country life was always one that he wanted to explore, he'd probably have to get to that later in life when he was retired.

When it came to her question, Christoph didn't quite know how to give a solid answer, "I don't really know, the obvious answer would be to say that I want to be a hero but that's the most stereotypical thing to say." He said taking a drag and then letting the smoke flow from his mouth before continuing, " I just want to be on a different path than my father. My father is a damn CEO of major corporation and here's his prodigy son who he expects to take up his mantle. While I love my father to death, I don't want to follow in his footsteps but it pains me to disappoint him. To put it simply, I don't know what to do with my fucking life, so I figured that I'd go to this academy to try and figure out if I'm cut out to be a hero or am I going to be a damn CEO." He said, frustration clearly filling his voice.

I can't believe I just vented to a damn girl who I don't know. Christoph sighed, still frustrated, taking another drag to hopefully take the edge off. "I'm sorry that I vented to you, I don't really know you all that well and the last thing you probably want to hear is a rich kid complaining about his problems. I can assume that my problems are nowhere near in comparison to yours, afterall, you are blind." Christoph said bluntly, taking a long drag from his cigarette. He held it in for too long and entered into a coughing fit. After a few seconds of coughing, it finally subsided. He took another drag and successfully let out the smoke this time. Life always brought it's issues, nobody could avoid them.

Vetr Wyrd
Tags:

52.png

She lets go with a chuckle to herself before going to sit down next to her, her hands resting on the wood either side of her "You seemed a bit troubled thought it might distract you a bit, besides you are going to need to get used to it eventually, can't just go sit in a corner all the time you know?" leaning down to stare at their face a little she tries to take on a more comforting tone "You don't seem like your that used to relaxing and having fun with everything going on, so I could always help out with that and yank you out of your comfort zone to get used to it, I guess it might be a bit of daunting thing, but hey you're at a school, wouldn't be good at learning if you only did things you know or were comfortable with right? " There was some truth to it, the more she saw, the more she realized they were someone who needed helped and she wouldn't be much of a hero if she ignored that would she, sure it might be fun for her as well though. Still that did need them to do a bit of work themselves in the whole being willing to come out of their comfort zone but it that just made it more of a fun project, easy stuff did get boring.

Kai Skinner

"I've never... I don't... I can't socialize," Kai sighed, "My family lives in an RV and we've been traveling since before I was born. I've been homeschooled since third grade. The only time I was in one place for more than a couple days was when my power fully manifested, and everyone there hated me for it. Corners and holes, places out of sight, are the only places I'm safe." Kai didn't know why he was telling Vetr this much. It could be some poetic nonsense like 'I have a piece of you, you should have a piece of me', but she honestly didn't know. She looked up at Vetr, green eyes meeting purple ones. This whole situation was complicated and it was only day one, how much harder was this school going to become?

"I wish I could just take a pill or something, sometimes, suppress it. Maybe I could live a normal life like that." Kai just sighed again, defeated. "But that won't happen, the law won't allow that alternative even if it did exist."

Charlotte Monroe

Charlotte enjoyed the moments that she got to just sit and listen. Luckily for her Chris was a bit of a talker, and his voice along with the sun on her skin and the faint crackle of the cigarettes as they each took a drag made her sleepy. She laid her head against the wall and closed her eyes, still managing to be involved in the conversation.

Charlotte gave a small smile in response to Chris’ apology and shook her head.

“Don’t apologize. You said what you had to say,” she shrugged, taking another drag and finally flicking the cigarette into the grass and crushing it, “you have problems just like everyone else.” She paused for a moment, wrapping her arms around her knees, thinking of her own mother. Charlotte didn’t want to be a hero either really, but that had to be better than being some earth-bound angel of death.

“I get it. Being here has to have more for you than being bound to a destiny already set out for you.” She laughed a little. It was a dramatic, cliché statement, but it was cliché for a reason wasn’t it?

“My mother... heh, she uh... she wants me to “bring sinners to their rightful place”. Her words of course. She’s a God fearing woman, but her views are majorly screwed. She thinks I must be an angel sent from heaven to rat out the sinners of the world and... yea.” Her words died out as she remembered again why she was so excited to be here, and why she was so determined not to go back. Finally she snapped out of her thoughts and turned to face the general direction Chris was standing in.

“I only told you so you wouldn’t feel left out,” she told him. She was smiling, but she was serious, “this isn’t going to be a thing. Well, maybe the smoking can be.”

Vetr Wyrd
Tags:

6.png

She nods slowly, listening intently to his words to someone being isolated and constantly moving to the detriment of planting any roots there was a sense of understanding behind her expression through her normal action was restricted by the entire contact issue. Vetr raises a finger lightly as she speaks, the defeated expression on the girl needing addressing "Hmm well you said there is something you cant do, that is what you go to schools to address to either learn how to do it or learn that you could do it, I'm leaning towards the latter given how you sound you're unsure about it right? Plus now you're going to be here for far more than a few days so plenty of time to socialize, whether you like it or not" the finger-wagging before the smaller girls face emphasizing her point, she could see the trouble they were having and that just enforced her course all the more. The other thing was the defeated nature likely brought on by the weight of there isolation compounded by a traumatic experience maybe? still letting that path continue was not something she could see without getting involved.

"Taking an external solution to it is really seems like giving up and running away" going to lean back within her seat and look upwards to the sky "never really been one for pills or some magic fix all salve, my parents always said it came down to hard work above all, that and nothing worth having came easy. So I've decided I'm not going to give you a choice, so call it mean but you're stuck with me until you get it through and I'm not going to hear any objections. I know I said id try not to do much touching but otherwise ill grab hold and not let go until you change your mind, so just say yes" she turns back to them and sticks her tongue out at in a childish display, not particularly being bossy in her response but definitely adamant if not stubborn giving them little say in the matter.

"I mean, I can get what you mean about moving around, but it's still about your approach, I'm not a stranger to a few months here and there, constantly bouncing around...though with me, it was into areas with completely different cultures, rules, and languages to try and adjust to" Giving her parents occupation she moved around the world quite frequently to different military bases, sure on the base it felt familiar but the moment you went outside those walls you got thrown in at the deep end and needed to either sink or swim, so she kept floating along and making along of it.
[/column][/row]

Christoph listened intently, he took another drag, letting the smoke flow out of his mouth. After she finished, he finally responded, "Your mom is fucking crazy." He said, glancing at her before going back to looking into the distance. "I wasn't expecting that this was gonna be a thing. The only reason why I'm standing here is because I want someone to smoke with, you probably feel the same." He said taking in another swath and letting it out open air. After finishing his second cig, he flicked it away into the grass and didn't bother putting it out. His lack of care for the environment showed sometimes. He stopped leaning on the wall and stood up straight. "I'm gonna go back to the fair and grab a bite to eat. My hunger is starting to catch up to me." He said retrieving a pack of mint gum from his pocket and taking out a piece. He popped it into his mouth and started to chew on it. He didn't want to have his breath smell like cigs. He turned to Charlotte, "You're welcome to come with." He asked more as a courtesy, he was kinda burnt out in the speaking department, having spoken more in one day than he usually does in a week. It must be the new pills he started taking this morning. He internally laughed at the thought of that.

Charlotte Monroe
Mentions/ Interactions: Slav Slav Zenterfold Zenterfold

After a while Charlotte nodded, standing. She lurched forward unsteadily, but she could tell the alcohol in her system was wearing a bit.

“Yea, might as well.” She said, following Chris back to the school fair. As they neared, the sounds and smells of the festival was more prominent, and the thoughts of the others began their relentless invasion into her head. Charlotte adjusted her hat a bit and smoothed out her green dress, patting all of the dirt off of it. She clicked her tongue softly as they walked and eventually she turned to her new acquaintance.

“Well it was nice talking to you, and thanks for the smoke. I have someone to go find, but have fun at the rest of the fair, yea? Later New York.” She gave him a small wave and walked more into the thick of the crowd, scanning the place for a familiar voice. Or familiar thoughts at least. The pang of guilt she had noticed while talking to Chris hadn’t gone away. It was a familiar feeling that often came on after she blew up on someone.

After about five minutes of uninterrupted searching, that familiar, small, friendly voice popped up in Charlotte’s head and she headed towards it. She moved with ease through the crowd, managing to not bump into a single person.

“Aariyah?” she called as she got closer to the voice. Finally she stopped in front of the teacher, crossing her arms uncomfortably.

“I wanted to say sorry for getting mad. I know you were just doing your job, and I appreciate you letting me off the hook.” Charlotte gave her an awkward half smile, hoping that apology was good enough. Although she had been put in this situation many times, it was never easy for her.

Kai Skinner

The smaller of the two girls on the bench just shook her head at the start of Vetr's response. "I tried, I really did, and this happened," Kai gestured to his current body. "What if it wasn't just your loose hair and skin cells? What if you'd grabbed my hand directly? People just can't stop trying to touch each other, it's safer for everyone that I'm not involved." They scooted away from Vetr when she stuck a finger in his face. What was with this girl and being handsy? If Kai wasn't so dedicated to avoiding contact, he'd probably grab her directly just to get the point across. But Kai was a bit of a pushover, so instead she just tried to put some physical distance in place.

Kai closed his eyes with his head in his hands as Vetr continued to speak. "It's not like a pill would work for me, anyway," she grumbled, "Drugs don't affect me anymore. I can't even take pain killers during dissimilation, there's no point." For some guys, being held by a girl of Vetr's proportions would be a dream come true. But for Kai, that was a legitimate threat, being an aphenphosmphobic and all. But even so, Kai genuinely believed it was a wasted effort on Vetr's part, and not something he wanted to be a part of. She shook her head in response to the demand for agreement. "You're wasting your time with me, I'm not going to let you screw yourself over just because you think I need help."

Kai didn't say anything to Vetr's talk of moving around. If you stay in one place for a month or two, you have time to settle in, in her estimation. Kai was usually in the next town before he even realized he'd entered the first.

Emma Roselia
Orientation Event
Interactions: N/A - Open

Emma Roselia looked around as she crossed her arms, taking in the sights. Fancying herself a leader, her priority was not environment, but people. Her ears perk towards the words of others. She was already imagining the scenarios they could be placed in. Powers were diverse here, which was ideal for team building. At the end of it all, everybody fills a team niche. Despite this, she wasn't too keen on speaking with anyone, her only interactions with others being her ever-shifting, ever-turning eyes.

With no company, she was naturally bored, so she decided to buy something a bit small at the fair - a cheese-filled hot dog, jumbo-sized. Despite the fact that she gave an aura of pride, common carnival fair was actually quite the guilty pleasure of hers.

"No change? I apologize, but I do not have anything small enough with me," she was digging into her wallet for the first sign of a coin or a small-value note. "Where is it, where is it?"

Aquifex
Interations/Referenced: Crow Crow
Aquifex looked around the festival for anyone that looked vaguely gullible. After all, there were lots of people, there had to be at least one, right? Like, say, that girl, she looked pretty gullible. Well, kinda, in his opinion she looked like someone that wouldn’t know he was lying, but you never know, it could be fun. Alright, Vague threat? He asked himself. Yep, sounds like nothing could go wrong.

So then he waited from the side for a good opportunity, and rethought his life choices. Seriously, what am I doing with my life, annoying random people? He thought. He sighed, and waited, keeping his eye on Emma. Just needed to wait for a chance to get her alone, and then him and his weird detective costume could be weird, or whatever his plan was.

Maybe just make friends with her? His thoughts finally settled on. Ehh...I’ll just talk I guess. Say whatever, remember to use the accent, or don't, it still works. At this point, he probably should have gotten caught scheming, but he spaced out, not noticing much.

Vetr Wyrd
Tags:

76826726_p1.png

She taps her finger on the bench as she tries to think of a new direction, something she had read that might be helpful in this situation mixed with the normal but another new tidbit that she had just revealed unintentionally had only raised her concern. The mention of painkillers meant that the process was painful enough to warrant them, an additional detriment of their power but the true extent of that was not something she could pin down but mixed with the earlier mention of soundproofing did lean it towards the higher end. Regardless of all of that they didn't seem to be up for the help due to their past and powers effect keeping a tight hold on them, but still she had meant what she said.

"There's this interesting parable from an old German philosopher book, Parerga and Paralipomena, overall fun read but the part that's relevant here would one commonly known as the Hedgehogs Dilemma. The short version of it is that the world can be cold and so people group together to share warmth but people have their sharp spines, in your case? it's more literal than figurative. So to group together there is going to be harm regardless of how much you try, the only difference is being overly cautious results in a weaker relationship and harm regardless because of your spending so much time self-isolating and stuff that you're staying out in the cold regardless...It's a lose-lose situation unless both sides are willing to pay the cost, so the key is moderation and acceptance" She makes a gesture between the two of them with the finger once more.

"I said before it would be fine regardless if I got hurt a little, it wouldn't be screwing myself over as you put it since it would be me accepting such with full knowledge of what could occur...the only part of this that brings the issue is your scared and worried in return...hence causing your own problem" she pauses taking a long breath, internally debating her next action that could potentially be reckless but it might also be something that's needed to prove she was willing to help regardless "But all that's just words I suppose, and they do say actions speak louder...Oh and wasting time? well guess im lucky that's my speciality right" chuckling lightly as she takes a look at her watch before pulling out the book from before and making several notes over the various pages with a look of intense focus before putting the book away.

"So I do have to say I'm sorry about this but I think a good path would be to face this concern head-on, spine to spine so to speak with a good display of the conviction I have to help someone who is clearly suffering and in need regardless of if they think such is possible after all your nice and a good portion of that worry is based on worry for others right? but that same worry is something that could harm them as well, or just harm yourself as I said. So...Lets force this issue, with any luck it might help you understand things a bit better...if not well I'm willing to accept the responsibility of my own actions, but might as well do it the fun way if i do it at all" what she did next was sudden, the movement perhaps not giving them much time to process it let alone react otherwise unless they were lucky.

Vetrs hands go to take the wrists of Kai, lowering their guard before leaning forward and placing a quick kiss on them, holding the contact for a moment with scrunched eyes before pulling backwards if successful. Part of her would regret the move, but she had made the decision so had to stick with it, the same with the burning feeling on her lips and not in a good way. Keeping her eyes tightly closed she would let go of the wrists and hold them tightly either side of her shaking back and forth with her mouth pursed tightly with a breathless noise coming from her throat for a few moments before opening them and taking a deep breath and covering her mouth with a hand "Ok so....its like touching the tray straight out of the oven, I can deal with that....." she does try and revert any excessive damage from the action, using the previous calculations and time to try and restore her body to the same state it was a few moments ago.

"Please tell me you understand what i was saying now? I want to help you and I am willing to pay the cost to do it...so let's work on the steps of letting go of that fear ok?"

Christoph watched her depart, sending a "See ya." after her. Now that he was alone again, he could finally get some grub. He surveyed the different stalls and they were a lot to choose from. He finally decided on a hot-dog stand, getting in line. His stomach grumbled, his hunger gnawing at him. I really should have eaten today. For some reason, the line was taking an annoyingly long time and he glanced at his watch, he had a tendency to do it when annoyed. He wasn't going to wait this long for a hot-dog that probably wasn't even as good as a dirty-water dog. He noticed the hold up lay with a girl a few years younger than him scrounging around for money.

He could have paid for her but Christoph isn't really the sympathetic type. If you forgot money, that's your fault.
"Hey! You're taking forever here, some people gotta eat sometime today. You either got money or don't!" Christoph called to the front of the line, becoming even more annoyed. He just wanted some food. He realized he was being rude but between his hunger and the amount of time he's waited, he couldn't care less.

Interactions: BippityBoppityBoop BippityBoppityBoop Crow Crow

Last edited:
Tommy - Rashida/ Charles Babel Charles Babel

"White boy posturing?!" Tommy spat out like Rashida had just said the most ridiculous thing imaginable. "Do you know what year it is? Get over yourself." Who the hell did she think she was? He glared at her, feeling like she really had to be weak if she was going to use lowly, shitty tactics like that on him. His senses, despite going haywire a bit, were telling him that people were stopping and watching them now. Of course a bunch of freaks loved a show.

"For your information, who you are and what you look like have nothing to do with it. You could be a seven foot tall dude and I wouldn't give a shit." In that moment, Tommy believed himself, though a guy much taller than him was not too common, so it wasn't really something that had been tested. He rolled his eyes then and let out a frustrated exhale of breath.

"You threatening me with whatever power you have doesn't scare me. Pretty sure we were told to not whip our dicks out and flex our powers during orientation." He paused. "Metaphorically speaking. So yeah, letting me walk away? Yeah, right. You can't do shit."

Aaliyah - Charlotte/ BippityBoppityBoop BippityBoppityBoop

When Charlotte found Aaliyah, she was in the middle of politely telling a couple older students where they could find a couple of their classrooms for when they started. Outwardly, she was calm and collected, but her thoughts would make it clear she was already feeling the stress of the day weigh on her. Between running around, checking on students to make sure they were not using their powers in disruptive ways and calming some students after they thought a bullet had gone off during the festivities, it had been a pretty rough time.

The professor thanked the students and saw them off before turning to Charlotte. She immediately relaxed after hearing the apology. "I'm grateful to hear you say that," she said. She truly meant it, for interactions like the one they had before always weighed on Aaliyah's mind. Students tended to end up thinking of her as the fun police and it was not the first time the woman had been rudely compared to a dog.

"Sometimes the faculty forgets how hard it is for young Coursers. We want to be ourselves and express who we are, but when we have limits in place that oppose expression, it's easy to have students who lash out." Aaliyah let that sit for a moment. She looked around at the other students for a moment before a thought popped into her head. "Did you know that the head of Arthur Gray's is a mind reader himself? When he was younger, he was often wracked with migraines and often lashed out at those around him. He's really come far."

It was perhaps personal information that a new student was not supposed to hear, though Aaliyah could not help saying it.

Last edited:
Charlotte Monroe
Mentions/ Interactions: Zenterfold Zenterfold

Charlotte allowed herself to smile freely now. Everything seemed to be good between them again, and her pangs of guilt that were rising quite rapidly now quieted into nothing. Charlotte really was grateful to Aaliyah for ignoring her drinking and use of power. Although the thought hadn’t crossed her mind before, she realized if Aaliyah had been any stricter she would have seen her way back to her mother. The thought made her shutter.

Charlotte couldn’t imagine being a faculty member. If she were in Aaliyah’s position and had gotten yelled at multiple times a day from mildly inconvenienced students she would lose it for sure. Fired on the first day no doubt. When Aaliyah mentioned that the head of the school was like her, she perked up.

“No! I didn’t no that,” she informed her. Charlotte hadn’t paid attention to nearly anything, “you must know him right? How did he get better? Could I meet with him?” Her sudden excitement, which was quite unlike her, got the better of the conversation.

‘If you get a hold on your powers you can finally see again!’ She thought to herself excitedly. And who better to talk to than the head courser himself who, conveniently, had the same power as her?

Tommy - Rashida/ Zenterfold Zenterfold

"You think I need my powers to kick you to the curb?" Rashida looked Tommy up and down. "The only muscle you have is dead weight. You'd be face-first into the ground before your first swing." His chest pumping was getting annoying though. "So unless you're actually gonna do something, I think we're done here." Again Rashida turned her back and started to walk away. This guy couldn't be stupid enough to start swinging his fists around at a place like this, would he?

Aquifex
Interactions/Referenced: YariDaiku YariDaiku
“Well, I needa talk to her for...business.” He lied, trying for a tough accent, then fell into a fit of laughter. “Can’t do the damn accent, sorry. I just wanna test something, and they look like they’d fall for it.” He admitted.

Wait, no why’d I say it? He wondered. “Uhh...well...do I really look like a psychopath?” He asked, probably too excitedly. “I nailed the look I was going for then. Also, who are you?”

Kai Skinner

While Vetr was figuring out what to do next, Kai had pulled the hood deeper. He didn't understand why Vetr was so determined, almost everyone else hated his ability. Hell, the GOVERNMENT had almost literally said "Hey, freak, go to a school for other abominations until you can control yourself enough to pretend you're not a freak."

"I'm familiar with the story," Kai replied, "Except my spines eat people." Okay, that was a bit of an exaggeration, but still. As far as Kai could tell, no amount of moderation was going to change that he couldn't interact with other people in any meaningful way without hurting them and getting scrambled. "You think I don't know what I'm doing? I weighed my options. I decided to try and be social here, and five minutes in exactly what I needed to not happen, happened."

Kai couldn't understand Vetr's concern. Logically, she understood, but no one is logical, or at least not governed by logic. Emotionally, Kai half agreed with Vetr, and half needed to get away from the girl before anything else happened. But Vetr hadn't refused Kai, and he didn't know who else would be as accepting. She still didn't want Vetr to waste her time, though.

"It's not like anything is going to change for me. Unless I can learn to turn it off, there's no way I can have real relationships, I need to keep everyone at a distance. I don't care how noble you think you're... what are you-" As Vetr grabbed Kai's wrist, Kai tried to pull away, as he had with every other physical interaction so far. But Vetr had Kai by the wrists and was stronger, so all Kai really accomplished was pulling herself closer to the girl.

The first thing Kai was aware of was that cells were being absorbed, and started squirming, which was all that could really be done considering who was holding her. His face warmed as he realized the nature of the contact. Definitely not something Kai was prepared for, even less than the earlier jab about nightly plans and soundproofing. Kai wasn't sure if it was the assimilation or the act itself, but his lips tingled as Vetr broke contact.

It took a second for Kai to process. "Oh, my God, why would you do that? I think I've got some blister stuff," panicking, Kai fished through his pockets and hiding places for his emergency supplies, unzipping his hoodie to check the pocket of his shirt and the internal pockets of the hoodie. After some rummaging, she came back up with a half-used tube of generic blister cream from a pocket sized first-aid kit, but during that time Vetr had already healed herself.

"Are you kidding me?!" This girl was going to give Kai an aneurysm at this rate. "What am I supposed to get from that? Are you a masochist or something, what the hell!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back