• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern School of Power

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Rashida Jones
Mentions/Interactions: AquaMarie AquaMarie

Rashida smiled awkwardly when Amber sat down at the table. "It was a bit crowded but I think the seats were good." It took a while longer for her sushi to arrive as one of the workers placed a long plate of nine pieces of sushi in front of her. As well as a small bowl of soy sauce and another with ginger. The staff looked at her a bit funnily as they placed the chopsticks on the table but didn't say anything as they went back behind the counter.

Rashida looked over the food for a moment before she started to slip her left shoe off her feet and sliding down the sock to expose her barefoot. The chair slid back a bit as Rashida rather impressively just by the use of her toes handled the chopsticks better than some people are with their hands. Grabbing one of the sushi bits she'd move it over to the soy sauce bowl to dip it before placing it in her mouth. "...This isn't weird for you, I hope?" She then asked awkwardly to Amber. "As I said, there's not much I tend to eat when I go outside."

Amelia Elena Willis
Mentions/Interactions: Rashida ( Charles Babel Charles Babel )

(So I noticed I wrote her correct name on the name thing but when I wrote the actual RP response I wrote Amber instead of Amelia 🤣. Thus is the struggles of responding to two different RPs at the same time lol).

Amelia waited for Rashida to get her food before starting to eat herself. "The seats are great, we were lucky to find seats on a crowded day." She replied, knowing the crowds were due to Sandra Cohen being at the mall and her book signing.

She smiled excited to begin eating when Rashida was brought her food. She was hungry but wanted to wait for Rashida to have her food as well before she ate. Then it finally hit her how was Rashida going to eat? She had no arms, would she use her abilities? Although she really might not be able to do that out here.

Amelia was surprised, of course, the sight was a bit strange to her. But not in a way that she was disgusted or wanted to flee. The girl had just never seen someone eat with their feet before. Many people could burly use chopsticks with their hands and here was Rashida using her toes. She lightly blushed and quickly looked down as Rashida spoke, had to see been staring? She hoped not, she didn’t mean too. “Oh no, no its okay” she said shaking her head “I’m sorry, I hope you don’t think...I don’t think its weird...its just I never seen someone eat as you do...I’m sorry I don’t mean to be rude or mean...its kinda cool… and interesting…..im sorry” she said looking down at her bowl hoping she hadn’t offended her.

Aquifex
Interaction: PlusUltra PlusUltra
“Sure, I like stuff, maybe I should send a present home or something.” He decided. “I just can’t spend too much, maybe they have a few cheap things.” He waited a few moments before asking a out-of-the-blue question. “What do you want to do with your life?” He asked randomly, not exactly sure himself why he was asking it.

“Personally, I just want to have fun, just enjoy myself y’know? It doesn’t sound very ambitious, but I just don’t really care yet.” He stood there, thinking about his life and also Do I sound weird? Maybe I should’ve waited longer before saying stuff like this.

Rashida Jones

"No, it's okay," Rashida assured her. "I don't take it as a big deal because it's how I've always eaten but. It's not...the norm," She chuckled slightly to the awkwardness before taking another piece of sushi. "Born as I was everyone has said how I've had to have it tough," She took a bite. "But their tough was my everyday life. Been hearing that since as far back as I can remember." She was oversharing, Rashida knew she was but... "I can even drive a car, but I don't have the money and in this economy, don't have much use for one."

Another piece disappeared from the plate into her mouth. "Then I got my powers. Born with no arms and suddenly I had six. I should be happy right? That's the first thing my mother said to me, that I should be happy. As if my life already wasn't happy. Normal. For me." There were only two pieces of sushi left now. "My powers are not the norm. They do not make me whole. They are no blessing. It's a tool, a tool I choose not to use because it demeans my everyday life. Everyone I meet thinks I long to be seen normal, or what society deems normal. How can I long for something I do not have a reference for? It's insulting."

She ate the final plate of sushi and just then did Rashida realize what she had said. "You shouldn't have to have heard that." She was too embarrassed to even look Amelia in the eyes. "I apologize."

Amelia Elena Willis
Mentions/Interactions: Rashida ( @Charles Babel )

Amelia gently smiled that Rashida wasn’t too offended because she had been staring, although Amelia still felt bad that she had been staring. The Rashida continued to share about her life, how the hardships people think she was facing were just normal life to her. She was surprised she was telling her such deep things about herself, Rashida must trust her or at least like her to be sharing. Amelia was not sure what to say back or if she should say anything. But she just sat there eating her food and fully listen to Rashida speak.

“Its alright Rashida, am honored that you shared with me” she replied with a friendly smile “Although my path in life has been different and my struggles have been different as well. I see that you are a strong woman, one that adapted to the life she was given,...one that many people would have given up or salk about the hardships...But no a woman that pulled herself together and just has been living her life to the way she sees fits no matter what others say….To which I am honored and glad I been getting to know” she replied after Rashida apologized and looked away embarrassed. To if Rashida would look back at Amelia she sat there with a friendly smile. “And I also agree powers are merely a tool, but such a great tool especially when not being able to reach high places for me” she chuckles “and ..ppfff...besides being normal is overrated...who wants to be like everyone else… that’s boring” she added with a giggle.

Rashida Jones

Rashida seemed to have a relieved look on her face as Amelia spoke back to her. Her cheeks seemed to have flushed as well but it quickly subsided back to her default stoic look. "I am relieved to hear that, truly." She managed out a slight chuckle herself. "Yes...I do suppose normal can be quite boring." She took a sip from her drink, realizing she hadn't actually drunk anything yet as she had been talking. "We're all special in our own right, though I suppose we as students are more special than most."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back