• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern School of Power

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Tommy - Rashida/ Zenterfold Zenterfold

"In-crowd? That what they called the gorilla enclosure?" Finally, her stone face cracked with a little smirk. "The only thing you'll receive was the apology in the beginning. All of this entitled white boy posturing is just a courtesy. It's a new school. I understand. You got to swing your dick around and puff up your chest. Like I said. I get that."

She continued holding her ground not moving an inch. "The big problem here is that you don't actually know who you can fuck with can you? Like me for example. I assume you're doing this because I'm shorter than you and a girl, right? I'm no threat to you. Or am I? That's a pretty scary thought, isn't it? So what am I going to do to make it up to you? Let you walk away with your dignity intact." Rashida took a few steps back with a confident look on her face. "Your move."

Charlotte Monroe
Interactions/ Mentions: Zenterfold Zenterfold Charles Babel Charles Babel Slav Slav

Charlotte listened politely as Aayliah explained her role in the school. Inside she was boiling, and not because of the heat.

‘Of course you can sniff out power usage, dog.’ She thought bitterly, but reminded herself that Aaliyah was merely doing her job. The fact didn’t really help her mood, but it held her tongue.

“That’s really cool,” Charlotte offered lamely, trying her best to not seem too impatient to get out of dodge, “well it was nice meeting you miss, but I have some- HEY!” She called angrily as she felt her drink swiftly being taken away. She made a grab for it but couldn’t feel it, so she’s stepped back. Charlotte could feel her face growing red with anger and embarrassment.

“Wow, you stole a drink from a blind girl, good for you,” Charlotte taunted, speaking now with her mind instead of her voice. She was about to storm off in the other direction before she decided to turn back and add, “For the record, I don’t need you’re sympathy!”

Deciding the conversation was done, she finally whirled back around and walked away. Charlotte clicked her tongue gently off the roof of her mouth, making sure she wouldn’t accidentally run into one of the millions of people milling about the campus and make an even bigger fool of herself. It was a bit difficult with the fact that she was a bit tipsy at the moment, but she did her best. She decided however, now that she’s realized there were people here who could even detect a power like hers, that it would be best to try and concentrate on other things instead of people’s thoughts.

It was hard, sure, but not impossible. She would just concentrate on verbal communication. To her right she could hear a girl heatedly going off on some guy for... some reason. Charlotte realized then just how often she’s relied on her powers, and she huffed in frustration. She couldn’t deny though that the girl had quite a silver tongue, and Charlotte couldn’t help but admire it. Finally she came upon someone explaining their powers quite thoroughly, and realized (through a wee bit of mind reading perhaps) that he was on the lookout for staff.

“You might want to be careful with that,” she called lazily, “the people around here are real tightwads about it.” She didn’t know why she was speaking to him, but she’s felt better at the insult about one particular staff member.

Kaden Schmidt
Location: Balloon Pop -> Bench | Interactions: Slav Slav BippityBoppityBoop BippityBoppityBoop BracedJupiter72 BracedJupiter72

"Ah, so you're from the other side too," Kaden mumbled aloud, the inappropriately ominous phrasing of his words completely lost to himself. While it wasn't anywhere close to a having a slice of home here, the culture shock from the move was still very much present. Anyone who was even remotely closer to his side of the country was certainly welcome in his book.

As he focused on his explanation with intent, a particular word of his stuck in his mind. People. Just what kind of life has this guy had up to this point? Shaking off the urge to immediately probe him for his entire life story, he could feel his eyes lighting up as he watched the display of his ability. "That's pretty sick. Shame about the headaches, though. If I'm being honest I do have something a bit similar goin' on there, it's just more of a-"

Feeling himself dipping back into a rant about the pride of his life, his own power, he was interrupted by the nearby Charlotte's warning. Based on the tone he could only assume that she had just experienced the strict nature of this rule firsthand. "No fun allowed," he called back, a wry smile appearing for a short second before he turned to look toward the new member of the conversation. Immediately he took notice of her eyes, puzzling him for a few moments before the reality of that trait sunk in. Shaking the shock of that off, he realized that her presence did present a bit of an opportunity to get back to his original idea.

"Think I'm gonna bounce. Hit up some more places," Kaden said, once again looking toward his new acquiantance. "Been nice chatting with ya. Lemme know if you ever need somebody to train with. You seem cool enough." With a light wave, he turned and began walking toward the basketball game, scanning through the individuals as he went until he finally spotted the blonde girl from earlier now sitting alone on a bench.

"Hey. Mind if we join ya?" He asked Lydia with a grin, not waiting for her response before setting Arthur Jr. down on the spot to the left of her.​

Last edited:
Kai Skinner
Amoeba|Orientation Event|Interacting: PlusUltra PlusUltra

"Close enough, on both," Kai shrugged. She seemed to have glossed over 'cells' and focused on beneficial. He didn't absorb his clothes because they weren't made of living cells. He adjusted his mask to take a chunk out of his jerky. That wasn't absorbed because the cells were dead, and capsaicin damaged cells. There wasn't anything to absorb.

"So, where are you from? I've been everywhere in the US and I don't know that accent." It was also getting hard to understand her. "Should have asked this earlier, but what's your name? I'm Kai. I'd shake your hand, but I don't want to assimilate you." 'For a few different reasons, you keep moving like that you're gonna rip some stitching.'

Without a reply, Christoph gave him a weak wave goodbye and turned his attention to the girl that had spoken about the faculty of the school. Before speaking, he popped another piece of nicotine gum into his mouth before preceding,"What'd you expect? This school's filled with hormonal teenagers that have powers, some that are capable of doing real damage. No shit they're going to act like they have sticks up their ass." Christoph said quite bluntly, smacking on his gum. Damn, I could really go for a cig right now. Christoph foot started tapping a bit, he did this when he was hankering a cig. To take his mind off of the craving, he turned his attention to the girl once again.

"You're quite different than a lot of the other schmucks around here." Christoph said further examining her, "And no, it's not because you're blind." He said before she could possibly make a snarky comment about it. "What's with the shitty moon tattoo on your arm?" He asked continuing to obnoxiously smack on his gum. The moon tattoo wasn't bad, he just wanted to make the conversation interesting. The last conversation took away much of his want to converse with any of the other students.

Interactions: BippityBoppityBoop BippityBoppityBoop

Vetr Wyrd
Tags:
Deadwood Deer Deadwood Deer (Open)

6.png

Blinking at him for a moment she glances to his gloved hands before she gestures to her own open gloved palm with a finger with a soft smile "Well given the double layers I think it would be fine" not waiting for approval before going to take his hand with hers and shaking, if not avoided displaying a far stronger grip than one would expect given her appearance. "Vetr Wyrd pleasure to meet you, and it's fairly easy at least to explain why you haven't heard the accent in the US, I was born in Sweden, För Sverige i tiden, moved around a lot bouncing from place to place given my parents work but some things you don't lose no matter how much you get exposed to other places" Her accent starting to relax back to its initial point with exception of whatever she said in her native tongue.

She had not missed the expression at her previous explanation, she was still somewhat curious though so she idly wonders about experimenting with the concept on the side. Her gaze turns to the flowers and other flora around the school grounds, that could work....maybe simply a fresh vegetable or fruit maybe? that would still need something to act as a barrier or protection though. That thought though soon leads to an earlier health class before she can cast that thought aside no matter how humorous, no sunscreens would have been the first option...though that she was currently lacking, maybe a moisturizer or face mask type one? technically he couldn't get in trouble for power use if it wasn't one that was actively controlled, though he may take issue with her trying to target an uncovered area with such an item without his cooperation, so in either case, lets put a pin in that for now.

Getting back to the conservation however she turns her eyes back on him "Hmm, though I wonder if the assimilation aspect is uncomfortable...I mean I can understand your reservations but there is also plenty of faculty around that would be more than enough to address any accidents, one of the benefits of such a concentration of courses. Though I would be lying if it wasn't curious about experimenting with such an interesting ability" her innocent expression did give away to perhaps how entertaining the concept was to her "I suppose I would need to look over the fine print of the orientation material for that though" reaching inside her coat for a moment to pull out several of the papers acquired during the enrollment procedure "Actively powers sure, but there must have been concessions made for physical mutation and innate ones...." her eyes flickering across the pages for a moment.

Interacting: Funyarinpa Funyarinpa

Lydia look at the boy amused. "Sure thing." She smiles brightly at Kaden, she scooches over a bit. "Umm, I see you won that stupid balloon game...congratulations. I could never." She chuckles as she scans over his features and starts thinking about what his powers are, she continues staring at his face with a blanck expression. Ever since she has gotten here she always gets distracted by other people. She thinks is so cool how everyone has a different power, or at least she thinks. She so far has never met any two people with the same power.

Charlotte Monroe
Interaction/ Mentions: Funyarinpa Funyarinpa Slav Slav

Charlotte snapped her fingers in agreement with the guy who had turned his attention to her first.

“Exactly.” She said, smiling. She’s paused where she stood now, aware she had caught herself in a conversation with the guy who she had made a passing comment to. The first student said his goodbyes and took off to who knew where. Charlotte had to concentrate to make sure she didn’t use her powers to ease her curiosity. Then her attention was drawn to the second student, a smile easily masking her face.

“Touché.” She said, crossing her arms. Although she tried concentrating on the world around her, it was hard for her not to pick up on his strong urges for a cigarette. She smiled inwardly to herself, scoffing at the.. how should she put it... shitty comment he had made about her tattoo.

“You obviously don’t have great taste in art,” she grinned, “and who said it had a meaning? Maybe I just thought it was cool.” She shrugged. She clicked her tongue, honing in on the position of her new acquaintance (a word she never thought she would be able to use), and turned slightly to adjust to the positions of them both.

“You can’t kid a kidder you know,” Charlotte offered her own input on the conversation, “I know you don’t hate it. I’m Charlotte by the way.” Sure he may not care, but she wasn’t above formal introductions no matter who she was talking to. A brief pause overtook her as she weighed the consequences of her next statement.

“I can get you a cigarette if you really want one.” If she was going to use her time talking to someone, it might as well be an adventure right?

Kaden Schmidt
Location: Bench | Interactions: BracedJupiter72 BracedJupiter72

Kaden placed his hand on top of the plush's head as he plopped onto the seat, squishing the cartoon man's form downward. "It's pretty stupid, yeah," he conceded, loosening his grip on Arthur Jr.'s skull for him to partially expand back to his prior form. Small circular recesses remained on the toy's material from his fingertips. "Can't say I agree with you on the other thing though. You totally could. I mean, we are Coursers now. We can do anything, right?" Phrasing his thought as a question in spite of being absolutely certain of this sentiment, the student cocked his head as he looked toward Lydia, only now noticing how she had been blankly staring at him.

'Ah, crap. Something on my face? Nah, no, not likely. Relax.' He concluded, doing his best to crush the panic that was now settling in. "Anyway, uh, was wondering if you could help me with something." Grabbing onto the plush once again Kaden turned it so that it was now facing Lydia, meanwhile leaning back onto the bench with his left arm. "See, my bud here needs a place to crash and I just can't do it." Motioning toward Arthur Jr. casually with his hand, Kaden imagined having executed that idea with a level of suave comparable to that of a particular secret agent from a movie franchise. In reality he was trembling ever so faintly, a fact that was unrecognized by his conscious mind.​

Kai Skinner
Amoeba|Orientation Event|Interacting: PlusUltra PlusUltra
Assimilated: Vetr Wyrd​

Kai immediately regretted agreeing to keep his gloves off when Vetr grabbed hold of him. She wore gloves herself, but she'd also been touching her face and hair, and some of her came back with her hand. His skin sucked up the loose hair like a spaghetti noodle as Vetr flipped through her packet of papers and pondered. Kai, on the other hand, seemed to be trying to scratch his palm off before something happened.

He did not succeed in his endeavor. "Hey, why did everything slow down?", he knew Vetr's power manipulated time on some level, she'd said it herself, but it was also her power, not Kai's, and he didn't know how to regulate it. The slowed down view he got reminded him that he'd just touched someone... well, their hair, anyway. "Oh, hell." He could already hear his voice changing as his cells plucked random chromosomes out of Vetr's cells and began copying them. The change didn't hurt, but he wasn't sure how much he absorbed, so undoing it later would hurt like Hell.

Kai's hair lengthened under his hood and changed color to be a shade or two off from Vetr, while his body shifted into a female form, parts vanishing and growing until the shift was complete. If you didn't look twice, and if Kai wasn't wearing a mask, they could have been sisters. and to anyone who could read minds or otherwise sense what was happening, a couple things would be obvious; Kai didn't know how to control Vetr's power, he didn't know how to turn it off, and he was very upset with the situation.

"I would punch you right now, except it would only make this worse," Kai growled. Even the voice sounded female. At least he'd been in a similar situation before, but still. "How do I turn off your power, before I screw up and get in more trouble than you've put me in?" From the outside, it looked like the girl was hopped up on enough caffeine to give a bear a heart attack and was barely intelligible, but between Kai and Vetr, the newly altered girl could be understood.

Vetr Wyrd
Tags:

76826726_p1.png

Raising a hand to her mouth her eyes go wide as the change takes place, well it was one way of seeing an actual display but it did seem they were not as happy with the results. "Oh so that's what it would look like if I had a sister, shame she would have been really cute, It seems it really is a sensitive power...but hey im fine so its fine" peering them over in once more as she starts to put the pieces together but first things first she starts to speak quickly for the boy...well girl now to solve the time issue which she quickly realized just how much of a issue that would be, essentially jumping into a storming frozen ocean with led boots and unable to swim.

"Well it's less how to turn it off but how to activate it in the first place, you need to internally visualize your current place relative to your personal dimensions and specific location, grasping the multiple probabilities from each action that could be taken from that point, to create an internal simulation of your own personal timeline and then use all that to manipulate the numbers along the simulated curve....." personally given he had manifested a result with no background information on the actual internal mechanics and works was strange, having skipped over the personal jump aspects to a more advanced one with zero practice...which meant that the control was likely about to go haywire and it had been a miracle it hadn't already. "I mean that's just the personal jumping aspect and takes a lot of practice to get right....." pulling out a book from another pocket that seems to be filled with page and page of intricate formula, graphs and more "....There....really isn't time to explain that, I mean whatever you're doing at the moment seems to have maybe latched onto a different timeline unintentionally which is highly unstable and prone to......" she internally chastises herself "Ok forget i said anything...let me fix this before you hurt yourself".

She seems to focus for a moment flicking through the book, reading rapidly and making several notes as she works something out, several moments later goes to put her hands on her clothed shoulders and focuses as she attempts to revert the process, essentially rewinding the process in an extremely strange sensation as the new girls words and actions seem to be rapidly occurring in reverse at a high speed. "This should work, essentially need to hijack your line with a little guesswork to pull it back...not that you can likely understand much of this at the moment if i can revert to the point the power was incorporated as a whole or even just that element it should fix it....in theory"

Christoph was amused by the many things she said, especially the fact she knew he needed a smoke, she had to be a mind reader or something of that nature. A small smile formed on his face before he spoke, "Name's Christoph but if you're lazy, you can just call me Chris." He said in a more friendly tone than what he started the conversation with, "I don't need you to get me a cigarette.." He said with a more hushed tone, reaching into the front pocket of his jacket, he felt his pack of Marlboro cigs and lighter, "I have plenty of my own." His hand retreated from his front pocket, "I just need a safe place to do it without getting caught, I don't want to get kicked out on the first day." Christoph said with a bit of a laugh at the end. "I presume you smoke as well?" He asked, his typical New york accent coming out a bit stronger than usual. "I can't exactly read minds like you do." He said hoping he hit the mark, mind reading was always an interesting concept to him. Being in the presence of one would make sticking around the shitty carnival worth it.

Interacting: Funyarinpa Funyarinpa
She shakes her head slightly, coming back into reality as she hears what leaves the boys lips, her eyebrows peaking up with excitement. "Oh my gosh, yeah of course. I would love for this little guy to stay with me...if that what you meant anyway." She brings her hand up and scratches the nape of her neck and chuckles awkwardly. She looks down at the plushie then back at the boy. "Speaking of being a Courser, what type of power do you have. I'm Lydia if you were wondering." She brushes a strand of hair out of her face extends her hand towards him.

Kai Skinner
Amoeba|Orientation Event|Interaction: PlusUltra PlusUltra

Kai waited with his- her arms crossed while Vetr scribbled and flipped through what could be the owner's manual to the Pentagon for all she knew. It was easier to avoid personal confusion if Kai thought of his gender by form, at least it was last time, so for now, he was a she.

'Guess I get to spend my first night here dissimilating,' Kai fumed to herself as Vetr grabbed her shoulders. The initial reaction to brush her off before anything else crazy happened, but before she got the chance she was already being rewound. The process of assimilation reversed up until the point just after the hair was absorbed. For a couple seconds, Kai was a dude again, and then the process kicked back in and Kai was back where she was before Vetr hit the rewind button, although hitting stop, stop, play seemed to have corrected the disconnect from the timeline.

"Ow, God, will you stop with the touching!", Kai barked, pulling away from the Swede, clutching her skull. "Why did that hurt my brain? Felt like I got microwaved." It took a few minutes before the headache from being forcibly rewound wore off, and she was able to stand up straight again.

"I can't believe I convinced myself this was a good idea," Kai muttered, blowing a strand of hair out of her face as she fished a rubber band out of her pocket for a makeshift hair tie. She dropped her hood and took off her mask long enough to put her hair in a ponytail. In that brief moment, her cheeks were tinted red with embarrassment at the situation. "Any more surprises?", she demanded as she fixed her coverings and fished out her gloves. Stamp be damned, it wasn't worth it. The gloves fit wrong, being a bit too large now, but Kai was too ticked to adjust them.

Charlotte Monroe
Interactions/ Mentions: Slav Slav

“Hmm, Chris it is,” Charlotte replied, already intrigued by him. He seemed cool, not too intense like that basketball player or the girl who was cheering him on, but who seemed to have just enough social skills to be entertaining. Charlotte was aware that not even ten minutes had passed and she was already back to her usual business in mind reading.

‘Well, at least you tried,’ She thought to herself, quite proudly, ‘More than you’ve done so far. That Aaliyah must have made some impression on you.’

“Damn, that’s smart... listen. I’ll find us a nice quiet spot so you can smoke if you’ll be willing to share a cigarette or two,” she confirmed his suspicions as she lowered her voice to match his, disappointed in the fact that she hadn’t kept her pack on herself, “I just got away with drinking. This can’t be much worse.” She told him, more assuring herself. Aaliyah had warned her about drinking, not smoking. That had to count for something, right?

She wasn’t exactly proposing this as a possible friendship. No, it was mostly to make up for her loss of alcohol. Of course drinking and smoking weren’t the same, but it would at least calm her down from her interaction with the faculty.

“And for the record, you’re on track. I am...somewhat of a mind reader. As well as other things.” She informed him telepathically, giving a half smile.

Christoph grinned when his guess was reaffirmed by a message she passed without talking. The only downside to her ability was that his privacy to think was very limited. "Drinking on the first day? I have some alcohol, not on me sadly. I didn't think you'd be interested in German beer anyways." He said still smacking on his gum. This girl was quite interesting to say the least. Drinking on the first day in public is quite a bold move,"If you find a spot, you can have as many cigs as you'd like." Christoph told her in his hushed tone. He was just glad to have a smoking buddy, quite an odd thing to find on your first day at a new school.

After studying her for a few seconds, Christoph asked a question, "Why do you want to go to this school? You don't exactly fit the crime fighting stereotype and no offence, mind reading isn't exactly a very useful ability unless you want to spy on people's thoughts." Her power had very limited applications and from what he's seen today, many of the powers people have at that this school have some sort of offensive capabilities, especially baseball boy. He couldn't quite wrap his head around why'd she come here in the first place.

0864336104ce6cf90b4603a189be6324 (2).jpgAmelia Elena Willis
Interactions/ Mentions: none

Amelia walked through the stands of the school's fair to welcome new and old students back. Hugging a stuffed penguin close to her chest, the prize she had one after so many failed games around the fair. Glad to have at least won once, she was content with her prize. Now a treat was in order, with a smile she located the pretzel stand.

Now with a cinnamon pretzel in hand, she found a place to sit and enjoy her snack. I was a bit away from the commotion of the fair, but just close enough she could people watch. Taking a bite of the warm, sweet, and cinnamon pastry, she closed her eyes placing her hand on her cheek as she happily enjoyed the pretzel. Opening her eyes she looked over towards the stands to see a couple of new faces.

Last year when she arrived, not to say Amilia didn't interact with others, for the most part, she kept to herself. But this year would be different, as the brunette promised herself that she would be more social this year.

Charlotte Monroe
Interactions/ Mentions: Slav Slav

“Can’t say I’ve tried it. Won’t knock it ‘till I do though.” Charlotte assured him, now very curious about this German beer.

“Alright, let’s see here..” she murmured, turning away from Chris and scanning the area quickly for thoughts. They came loudly and easily to her, in quite the same way someone would hear a voice when speaking. She could pick up on someone’s location when she concentrated particularly hard, and this allowed her to sense which areas were clear of people and which weren’t. Unfortunately because of the fair, it more the latter.

Charlotte was careful as she scouted the area. She made sure to scan for thoughts while taking breaks in between so Aaliyah or any faculty like her would be thrown off. Eventually Charlotte picked up on an area that seemed fairly secluded at the side of the school building.

“Alright, follow me.” She said quietly to Chris, giving a smile. She clicked her tongue as they made their way there, hoping Chris was smart enough to check for wandering eyes. She focused her senses on the grass under her bare feet, hoping to block out the thoughts that threatened to invade her mind. She had used her power enough today. Finally she responded to his question, feeling a bit awkward about it.

“You seem like a great guy, but that is a story with a lot to unpack and I don’t know you that well,” She chuckled, making light of it, “and besides, for a blind chick it’s a pretty great power. You would kill to know some of the things people are thinking. They’re insane.” She laughed.

Aquifex strode through the crowds of people, looking for someone to annoy. Currently, he was dressed like a private detective, or depending on what shows you watched, a regular detective, a gangster, or an assassin, but the old ness of a trench coat and hat was there. He also had a backup water-gun painted black just to sell the costume.

His plan was to find someone, and say something ominous. He was hoping it would be entertaining, but he didn't know if he could keep a straight face the whole time. Oh well, life was life. Aquifex tipped the hat over his eyes, and immediately tripped, since he forgot he needed to see.

“WHY’D I WEAR THIS?!?” He asked himself. He was fine, he got back up, brushed himself off, and continued walking, although his costume looked more worn. Time to find some people. He thought to himself.

Vetr Wyrd
Tags:

3.png

She looks away "It's better than your brain moving at a different speed from your body...or are you not aware of just how fast the earth orbits and or rotates? I did my best short notice...It's not the easiest to do a path integral formulation when your missing half the information to start with!" stomping her foot somewhat as she seems to be getting somewhat annoyed and stressed at the entire series of events.

"But I'm sorry, I said I didn't mean to...besides now it's fixed it's fine, I mean you look cuter like this...look on the bright side, nobody got hurt right?....I'm sure that's the most of it so now we can all relax and enjoy the festival right?" taking a deep breath to attempt to compose herself, this really had got out of hand "I really am sorry for getting this wrong, come on...let me make it up to you? I mean otherwise, the guilt is going to threaten to...." a sudden pop as something shoots past the new girl's ear at high speed straight into one of the festival games on the other side of the area, blasting through one of the targets and embedding itself in a wall.

"Oh come on not again! I just fixed this..." looking down at her coat now missing a button trying to put it back together to no avail before sighing once more "Do you maybe want to get some more food? maybe play some of those games? No touching I pinky promise...." extending a finger upwards without contact "or even if you do I don't mind if it hurts me since I would kinda deserve it after all this, lets just not ruin the fun day ok" looking to her expectantly and clasping her hands together, a cute expression with wide eyes and slight tremble to her lips known to many as the infamous puppy dog pout.

Kai Skinner

"I don't know the specific numbers, if that's what your asking," Kai replied to Vetr's rant about formulas and rotations. "I'm not that far in math, stupid paperwork. I'd be completely done with high school academics two weeks ago if not for this crap." That was partially true. With online school comes the opportunity to take extra classes to get ahead once you've completely your original. Kai had been thinking of taking some extra languages, but never got around to it. His e-school account froze once the government got involved, Kai had no choice in the matter.

"Why does everyone always say I look cuter when it's the female chromosome that shows up?", Kai's voice trembled a bit and some red could be seen around the edge of mask. Well, now what was Kai to do? She hadn't even spoken to a girl in over a year that wasn't an authority figure, let alone been complimented by one. Even with the stupidity of the situation and how infuriating it was, that was something Kai wasn't prepared for. "Just..."

And then the button flew off.

When a guitar string snaps, it comes at you fast. Not quite bullet fast, unless they were severely over-wound, but fast nonetheless. So Kai had more than practiced dodging high velocity impromptu projectiles. 'That doesn't look physically possible,' Kai thought as she reflexively leaned back like Neo in the Matrix to dodge the loose button, falling on her butt in the process and watching the little blur hit with muzzle velocity. 'I almost got shot in the head with that! I almost died!'

Kai looked incredulously at Vetr, her bust, the hole she'd made, and then back at Vetr. "There are no words in the English language that express how glad I am that that is not what I got from you," was all she said from the ground before getting up and swiping grass off of her clothes. Whoever ran that stall wasn't going to be happy.

"I'm not going to touch you if I can help it," Kai replied to Vetr's request to a pinky promise and assurance she didn't mind if she got hurt. "I don't like hurting people and it would only extend how long I'm like this. That hair and whatever else was on your glove is probably three days if I don't dissimilate tonight." She sighed, "I was planning to make sure my room was soundproof. There goes that."

Ren Tsukino - Basketball Carnival Game
Interactions: Charles Babel Charles Babel , Open to Interaction

"Second year, hmm? So that means you're my upperclassman, eh? Nice to meetcha either way!" Ren exclaimed with delight as they struck up some nice conversation with Ann as she introduced herself formally, clasping their hands together, before...

"?!"

Ren's delight though was quickly met with surprise when Ann demonstrated her power as her arm seemed to suddenly fly right toward their head. Ren's eyes widened, the bespectacled student instinctively moving their head back though it didn't seem that Ann's arm would have hit them either way.

Letting out a relieved breath, Ren couldn't help but let out a soft breath, followed by a short chuckle, sheepishly scratching the back of their head. "Ahaha... I-I'm fine," they said, seemingly no worse for wear emotionally before resting their hands on their hips. "So I'm guessing you got stretchy powers? Pretty cool! Woulda hated to see how this woulda rolled if you were a first year though! Either way, don't worry about it! I'm pretty prone to accidentally activating my power too! Usually doesn't hurt other people, but it can totally weird them out easy!" They laughed, Ann's little incident seeming to do little to deter Ren from their usual overly-talkative mien.​

Christoph nodded and followed Charlotte to an area that hopefully lacked prying eyes. For a blind girl, she sure knew how to get around. He took a few glances to make sure that they weren't being followed or watched. After hearing her reluctance to give insight, he responded, "I understand, everybody has things that they're uncomfortable talking about, especially me." He said continuing to follow her. "You're power can't be all good, some people are just fucking crazy, weird or just straight up a dummkopf. I'd end up crazy if I had the ability to read people's thoughts." Christoph chimed in with a chuckle. As they walked, the voices from the fair started to fade and the only thing that could be heard is their footsteps and a faint sound from the fair.

Christoph, no longer able to resist the urges, spit out his gum and pulled out his pack from his front pocket. He grabbed one, avoiding his lucky cig. He nonchalantly stuck the cig in his mouth and retrieved his fancy lighter from his pocket. He flipped it up and a small flame appeared which lit the end of his cigarette. After lighting it, he put his lighter back into his pocket. He took a long drag from the cigarette before finally letting the smoke out.
"Damn, I've been waiting a long time for that." He said, cigarette in mouth. "Do you want one now or do you want to wait a bit?" Christoph asked taking another drag and then letting out a stream of smoke. He finally felt satisfied.

Last edited:
Vetr Wyrd
Tags:

1.png

"No idea I guess it's just good genes" chuckling with a smile at the girls blushing "Like I said you look like a little sister and its adorable!...even in this situation, can't deny the truth right? If I wasn't about to make it up to you and the whole touching thing id pick you up and we could go shopping together!" her excitement leaking out at the prospect with the scenario playing through her head likely far greater than reality could hope to be.

She extended her hand for a moment to help her up from the ground a moment before blinking and stopping, pulling the hand back as she remembers "Sorry force of habit, but I mean I'm sure a few days won't hurt if you want the free time right? But regarding the hurting, I'm a big girl, it's not like I've not been hurt before you know? it can't be that bad, but you seem nice so would hold anything against you if it happened, plus it's not like I'm not ready for that if I'm going the hero route" seemingly missing the earlier comment before a flash of realization hits her mind and looks at him with a faint tilt to her head "Hmm glad you didn't get what? Oh, the outfit! Well sure you said yourself it is only living cells right? Besides it likely would be quite a large fit, I guess I am a little taller....but I'm sure we can find something else that would work right?" seemingly completely missing the point with her reaction though internally was a different matter, still it was a bit of a shame the teasing she would normally resort to was somewhat limited by the whole contact thing.

Instead, she seemingly goes back to crossing her arms that only accentuates her features, the movement evident as she narrates her speech with a finger "Id help you with the hairstyling though not sure if your power extends to your hair as well..maybe a full makeover could be fun"

Kai Skinner

"Don't take me shopping, my mother tried that and it was just a waste of money," Kai groaned, "The same night I figured out how to dissimilate. She was so pissed..."

Taking a step away from Vetr, Kai stuck hands in pockets as she pondered what Vetr said next. "The more of you I absorb, the longer it lasts. The first time I accidentally copied a girl it was two months before I learned how to reverse it. Had to learn how women's underwear worked." She shook her head, "As long as I don't get a drastic physical change beyond gender, it stopped being a big deal around the third time."

"It's skin based, my hair, nails, teeth, and eyes don't absorb cells. But seriously, don't try to do girly stuff with me, I usually have plans."
Kai looked away from Vetr, partially to avoid looking at her features, and partly because why the hell was Kai revealing this much on day one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back