• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Zombie/Walking Dead RP - Now Open!

Zenterfold

⚆ _ ⚆
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check

Hey there! This is a recruitment thread for my zombie apocalypse roleplay that has recently opened. Still looking for new people!

NOTE, I tend to bow to The Walking Dead universe in terms of the zombie rules (all dead without a brain injury come back and zombie isn't the usual nomenclature) but otherwise it is entirely original in terms of story. Plot details described below and in the OOC.

zSrdln2.png

In a world ravaged by the dead, the worst of humanity comes alive. Society has collapsed and our world is broken beyond repair. The living must survive any way that they can, pushing their morals to the very edge. The dead only know how to feed, but the living? The living know how to hunt.

The Walking Dead is a comic, television, and video game series that generally focus on groups of survivors living in the “zombie apocalypse,” a setting where the living members of humanity are outnumbered by the undead. The society of old has collapsed and what remains of humanity fight to make the most of what remains. This RP will have little to do with the stories or the characters of the established franchise and more to do with the use of the specific rules of that universe, such as that all of those who die without an injury to their brain reanimate no matter what and that the use of the word “zombie” is largely nonexistent.

The outbreak will have started on September 20th, 2014. The outbreak will have been going on for 18 months, so the RP takes place March, 2016.

The initial setting for the roleplay will be set in Fort Wayne, Indiana. A community has sprouted up and secured itself for about the last eleven months. The community, named “Faith” after the Presbyterian church it’s situated around, is run by a male/female couple and houses about 40-50 people.

Faith takes up this square block, with walls built up and around the parking lot edges. The front gate is located on the North side. Here is where the area is located (the red dot). Though RP locations will be based off a real-life locations, liberties will be taken as needed. Apologies to anyone who lives in these places.

Faith has a security office beside the front gate that used to be an attorney's office. Derek Cazares is head of security and lives in this building. The northeast corner building used to be a YMCA but now houses supplies and equipment, as well as a few sleeping spaces. Ben Morita is in charge of supplies. The southeast corner is where rows of planters have been set up for crops. Elyse Hubbard is in charge of the crops. On the south edge is a building that used to be a theater and a preschool but now is where the bulk of the community sleeps. Beside it is the church, where a greenhouse where flowers are grown can be found. The altar used to be a space where community members communally slept but has since been cleaned up. Craig Hanlon is a young priest who occasionally runs services here.

Dean Barlow is in charge building and maintenance. He had the biggest role in the construction of Faith's walls.

Early Game Plot/Lore

The citizens of Faith have not seen a living person in the immediate area for about a month despite the fact they have been relaying radio messages for some time now. Even more concerning is the fact that the supply caches they have set up in areas nearby have been recently mysteriously ransacked on a few occasions. These caches are meant to be temporary housing during times of heavy walker rotation and now those who leave Faith's walls don't feel safe using them.

A bus full of survivors driven by a woman named Sarah Ziegler is about to arrive at Faith in the hopes of joining the community, though understandably some of the citizens are concerned about who these people might really be...

Fort Wayne has experienced a rather heavy mass exodus in the early days as rumors circulated that the Canadian border on the edge of Michigan had suddenly been left unattended and unguarded. Armed with the belief that walkers can't survive the cold, thousands of people left but never returned.

In addition, the city of Indianapolis has gone up in flames in the early days and many of the surrounding towns/cities are unlivable. They are filled with the dead.

Last edited:
Interested!!! yes please!!

I came bacm from the dead. And now i see this. Seems like a perfect start depending on the detail level you expect :)

So, just for clarification Zenterfold Zenterfold , you said "in a week." Would be sign ups. That should give some of us time to think up loose character ideas. Is there any "important restraints" we should think about while we are work shopping ideas?

So, just for clarification Zenterfold Zenterfold , you said "in a week." Would be sign ups. That should give some of us time to think up loose character ideas. Is there any "important restraints" we should think about while we are work shopping ideas?
Gonna put them up Saturday! It'll also include all the plot details I had in mind.

In terms of restraints, I'm going to say this in the sign-ups but people should stray from characters with military backgrounds as I tend to get way too many of those in zombie rps, haha.

I just want to say, I'm really excited. I've seen some of the work zen has planned, and it's very good! I hope to see most of you there!

Hey there! Just wanted to let people know this RP is still looking for new people! Only got a small group so far but no plans to put a cap on players as of yet.

So it has started. There is a link above

It'll take you to the character page. You can have your character either have been a bus person who just arrived or a member of the community "faith"

Yeah

So in the start of the rp, there was a group of people on a bus thay just arrived. So yes. They're just new. Fresh off the boat. There is a herd that a
Followed the bus, and the community is handling them.

If you need any help, or want to establish any character relationships before the current start of the rp, just ask

Users who are viewing this thread

Back