• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Savage Rifts: The Tomorrow Legion OOC

Don't Atlantians start with a higher PPE level than a normal human? Did you get a boost of a few points in your write-up?
No, but that is a good point.

Deviltigerr Deviltigerr could I prevail upon you to let me increase my starting PPE by five points to reflect the power granted to me by my mystic tattoos?

A lot of the races that started with higher PPE when transferred to savage rifts don't have any bonuses PPE but well, why not sure +5 PPE.

Now let see guess a few things you could do:
-EK is probably posting his intro soon in the thread.
-The old man in front of the entrance in the track suit, can offer a tour of the place
-The Arcadia Charity competitions are 1000 credit for each participant to get in on the action, If interested just post about it in your next post and will do the proper introductions etc...and present the competitions.
-

Holy hell. I just looked at Emma's character sheet, and I have to wonder why the rest of us are even here. Did she just get lucky with the rolls or what?

Holy hell. I just looked at Emma's character sheet, and I have to wonder why the rest of us are even here. Did she just get lucky with the rolls or what?
Got several major skill point rolls on top of the skills techno wizards get. I'm basically there to fill the roles not already done by the rest of the party. I'm very poor at melee and I draw a lot of the wrong kind of attention. Traveling with me will never be dull.

I'm basically there to fill the roles not already don't by the rest of the party.

Tina is a strong melee fighter with several abilities that help with handling enemies in the wilderness. Alexia is a powerful mage with utility out of combat. Kara is a balanced combatant with a penchant for talking to people and getting behind doors she isn't supposed to. Emma is just as strong and skilled as Tina, more powerful and knowledgeable than Alexia, makes Kara redundant since there is nothing she can do that Emma cannot do better, and she can still do things the rest of the party can't.

If the DM thinks this is fine, then I won't argue, but the character seems overturned compared to the three of us, and I was wondering if it was just luck.

NemoTheSurvivor NemoTheSurvivor If it becomes an issue will tweak it appropriately but well between technological glitches and other weird things of the rift setting, it should be okay.

TW do indeed starts a lot of skills by default, rich and filthy rich edge, do add a bunch of additional rolls (focused on getting additional gears).

EmmaKendrick01 EmmaKendrick01 It's okay.

You say it's okay, then it's okay. I'd rather bring this up before it becomes an issue (if it even does become one) instead of waiting until people start arguing with each other, but I won't complain about the subject any more (especially since I gave up my opportunity to play as the class).

With that, one last thing then:

I will be out of town this weekend from Friday afternoon until sometime Sunday night, so won't be posting during that time but will resume posting sometime Sunday night or Monday morning.

I'll be posting today and tomorrow morning of course.

I've shifted my skill points around to round out the character a bit better.

A Techno-Wizard is a framework designed to fill several roles at once, which is why it has the Arcane Machinist and Machine Maestro abilities.

Due to Machine Maestro granting a significant bonus to virtually all electronic, mechanical, and TW item related rolls, they are very useful for matters dealing with technology. TW make great pilots, drivers, engineers, etc.

Techno-Wizards get 11 skill points (d8 in Weird Science, and d6 in 4 different skills) to reflect their very knowledgeable nature. My Engineering/Arcana are so high because in order to build TW items, you have to have a high engineering, arcana, and weird science skill.

One of the major downsides of Techno-Wizard is that they get fewer edges than most frameworks. Mind Melter gets Major Psionic and Master Psionic. Ley Line Walkers get Master of Magic and Rapid Recharge. Cyber-Knights get Champion and two combat edges of their choice.

The major complication of Techno-Wizard is that they are reliant on their devices in order to cast their powers. No devices/tools, no powers. All the psychic and other magic frameworks don't have that issue. A Mind Melter and a Ley Line Walker can be naked and still be very dangerous due to their powers. A Cyber-Knight has built in armor combined with a sword that can never be taken away.

On my particular Hero Journey's Rolls and Hindrance Points:

I gained +10 to knowledge, healing, or investigation skills which I used to boost my knowledge.
I gained +5 to fighting, shooting, or throwing skills. 4 in Shooting, 1 in Fighting.

I spent hindrance points and got a background edge roll on the HJ tables to get Rich and Very Rich. Which permitted me to start with better weapons and armor than normal starting adventurers, but at the cost of two edges.

My gear is good because I spent money to upgrade it with TW enhancements, however I can do the same for everyone else as well. As long as you have a pool of ISP/PPE, you can use TW items as well. If you want upgrades to armor, weapons, or misc items, just ask. I'll need time and you'll need to provide the fund however.

Last edited:
Rifts Earth and the Megaverse in general have a lot of things going on to say the least.

But guess to clarify a few things on where we stand right now:
(Post apocalypse calendar)
21 PA Cyber Knights appear in North America
105 PA Juicer Uprising, formation of Free Quebec
109 PA Siege of Tolkeen victory of the Coalition
July 109 PA: Formation of the tomorrow Legion

I'm pretty much up to speed with the Rifts world, but obviously there are some details that I don't know.

As long as you know about the Siege of Tolkeen. 'Cause that's my hook and a major part of the reason Kara is in the Legion. It also means she has rather strong opinions of Cyber Knights, so I wanted to make sure you would have a reference point when she starts voicing those opinions.

EmmaKendrick01 EmmaKendrick01

I've been meaning to find/make a picture for Kara, but due to 12+ hour work days, have not had the time. Think shoulder length brown hair, amber eyes, not short but not tall, and physically fit for now.

So by the way who wants to participate in the contests, let me know going to sort out how many participants for each of them:

Test Your Might: will of course involve opposed rolls of Strength and Vigor.
Bullseye: Shooting rolls.
Gym-Kata: Agility rolls (if you have the acrobat edge adds +2)

Pretty much, you roll, tell me your result and will compare with other participants.

But for more details:

Test your might: you roll one strength roll , then one vigor roll. It is represented essentially by you and the participants lifting weights and the likes. Half of the contestants will be removed with the strength roll in general depending on the rolls and whoever get the highest result for the vigor roll (usually raises) basically win.

Bulleyes: Two shooting rolls, first shooting rolls, will cull half of the contestants. Then the second shooting roll is with whoever is left and again, the one with the highest win.

Gym-Kata: Same as the two above, gymnastics involved with agility rolls.

As long as you know about the Siege of Tolkeen. 'Cause that's my hook and a major part of the reason Kara is in the Legion. It also means she has rather strong opinions of Cyber Knights, so I wanted to make sure you would have a reference point when she starts voicing those opinions.
I have that PDF, but I haven't done more than glance at it. I take it that the order of Cyber Knights crossed the line during the Siege?

When the Tolkeen-Coalition War begun, the Cyber-Knight Order was torn on what to do. Lord Roake stated that this affair was not their business and that the Cyber-Knights needed to remain neutral so that they could assist those in need as a result of the war. Many Cyber-Knights felt that the Coalition was being evil (which was true) and their policies should not be a reason to attack a peaceful nation. Lord Roake stated that the Cyber-Knights were not soldiers and that fighting war and helping people were two different things. Half the order disagreed with him and left to pledge their allegiance to Tolkeen in their time of need. Lord Roake was correct however in that war changes people and many Cyber-Knights fell to the horrors of war and "ends justify the means" mantra in order to achieve victory over the Coalition. However the war was going very badly for Tolkeen until the Sorcerer's Revenge, a major event in which Tolkeen summoned forth legions of demons, devils, and other horrific monsters to fight the Coalition on their behalf. The Cyber-Knights who joined Tolkeen were now fighting alongside the very creatures they were sworn to kill and saw firsthand the the horrors of these creatures in war.

Once Tolkeen was destroyed, the surviving Cyber-Knights who joined Tolkeen had essentially been broken by war and the guilt of their actions. Many fell into despair, some sought solitude, but many more became Fallen Knights (basically antipaladins).

The neutral half of the order stood by and helped the refugees as best they could while also making it their goal to eliminate the Fallen Knights who were abusing the public's trust in Cyber-Knights.

An easier analogy would the Jedi Order deciding to fight in the Clone Wars or not. Half say no, the other half say yes. Those who go to fight leave the order and fight, but many die or fall to the dark side. Then the remaining members of the Order must go and hunt down these dark Jedi.

The Tolkeen-Coalition War was basically fought due to geography. The ruling power of the Coalition States felt that Tolkeen was just too close to Chi-Town and the CS states. Had Tolkeen merely picked up and moved elsewhere, the Coalition wouldn't have pursued them. However the Tolkeen people felt that their home and pride was more important than their lives and stubbornly refused to move. Other groups tried to mediate and convince Tolkeen to move, but to no avail. Tolkeen wasn't wrong to not move, but in the end it cost them their lives and their "humanity". Most of the rulers of Tolkeen were very good people (LG or NG) and by the end of it, they were so consumed with victory they didn't care who they had to sacrifice to win (they were NE or CE by the end).

Many powers on the continent saw this as a horrible war, mostly because it was a waste of resources in their minds. There are far larger threats like demons, devils, and the Xitctix (totally misspelled that).

If you read Coalition Wars 4 - Cyber Knights from Palladium Rifts, it goes into a lot of detail about Cyber-Knights.

Last edited:
There are just so many Rifts books, its hard to be up on all of them. I will look into more of the lore of the Cyber Knights as I have time.

I haven't read a single one. Everything I know is either coming from Google, a basic understanding of the world, or assumptions.

I have a power level question for this Murderthon. In the original Rifts system, the Psi Sword is always an MDC weapon. How does that translate to Savage Worlds? Is Toni's Psi-Hammer a authorized weapon in the games, or is that too powerful? I don't want to use a Anti Tank Weapon against a normal human when I have access to other, more to-scale weapons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back