• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Savage Rifts: The Tomorrow Legion OOC

No worries, just making the thread to get stuffs started. I'm pretty sure everybody is new to the game, so explanation and questions will be common for a little while.

What does Detect Awareness do? Does it cost ISP? Can people tell I cast it, and can they resist it? Any other properties I should know about?

you mean the expanded awareness?
I actually wrote it down incorrectly the power is Detect Arcana . You can use detect arcana at will , no cost.

In general, most of the psionic powers in rifts are subtle. This doesn't include bolts of energy and the likes of course.

Detect arcana is indeed free but not the conceal arcana version (only reason you would get the power to have the conceal arcana version).

yeah, guess the biggest thing you should know as well, all your powers have a Mega power version of each power that you know, usually costing more ISP and you get access to them just for being a Mind Melter (master psionic edge for free).

I'm probably going to grab Confusion, Environmental Protection, Havoc, and Pummel, while the last power is still undecided (either Healing, Teleport, or Stun, not sure yet). So I could use some info on the Mega versions.

And again with the questions: How much would a med kit cost, and what would its effects be? And stats for the Neural Mace would be nice.

Just a suggestion: Might want to grab Armor so you could use the mega version giving you M.D.C. armor or Bolt to do some mega damage. Your current gun doesn't do mega damage, as well as none of the powers chosen.

Now let see:

Confusion - Greater Confusion
Point cost: 1
Range: Smarts x2
Duration: Instant
Can effect up to 10 targets instead of five, must still spend 1 ISP per target.

Environmental Protection - Life Support
ISP: 4
Range: Touch
Duration: 1 hour
It expands to protect against all negative environmental effects.

Havoc - Greater Havoc
ISP: +2 (on top of normal cost)
Range: Smarts x3
Penalties to resist becomes -2 or -4 on a raise. On top of it, the target is knocked back 3d6" away , automatically shaken even if they don't hit an object.

Pummel - Greater Pummel
Range: Cone Template
Penalties to resist becomes -2 or -4 on a raise. On top of it, the target is knocked back 3d6" away , automatically shaken even if they don't hit an object.

---------
Next the questions:
Your survival pack starts with a medkit already. It has three uses before you need to replenish it again but if you want to know the cost: 300 credit but you already start with one. It gives +1 to healing checks.

The Neural Mace:
Damage: Str+d6
Weight: 9
Notes: Touch Attack, victim rolls Vigor, failure = Inc., roll Vigor 1/round to revive to Shaken .

Last edited:
The Neural Mace:
Damage: Str+d6
Weight: 9
Notes: Notes: Touch Attack, victim rolls Vigor, failure = Inc., roll Vigor 1/round to revive to Shaken .

Seems like a double got placed in there somewhere. EDIT: even after fixing it, I don't get the second half of the notes.

On a side note, if a character is shaken and I use Havoc/Pummel and they strike an inanimate object, does that cause a wound?

Sure let me explain when the victim is incapacitated due to the Neural mace effect (that means they failed their vigor roll) , they get to roll vigor once per round, if they succeed, they "snap" out of it and are under the shaken condition.

Environmental Protection - Life Support
Range: Touch
Duration: 1 hour
It expands to protect against all negative environmental effects.

Doesn't the power already do that? Considering it says you can move through Lava or on the surface of the Sun in the description of the power, am I missing something? I know it doesn't affect attacks.

I'm also switching Confusion for Bolt and picking up Teleport.

It is basically all the wording.
Environmental Protection does protect against one harmful environmental effect. So for example, you could protect yourself from the lava of volcano but if there is some radiation going on at the same time, you won't be protected from the radiation.

Life support protects against all environmental effects unconditionally.

Let see mega version of other powers:

Bolt - Onslaught
Power points: 2-8 or 4
Range: 18/36/72

can throw up to four 3d6 bolts for 2 ISP each or a single 6d6 bolt for 4 ISP. they are all mega damage.

Teleport-Greater Teleport
Power Points: 5+
Range: Special

Greater TP extends the range to 20" (40 yards) or 30" (60 yards) with a raise. Can carry up to five others without risk of fatigue . If you take more than 5 additional people, one automatic level for each additional target, just like the regular teleport power.

Mega Damage = Heavy essentially in regular SW rules.

Some powers were changed to not do heavy damage anymore in the setting (regular Bolt still do heavy = mega damage)

But anyway the basic is:
Heavy armor or here in the setting M.D.C. (Mega Damage Capacity) is a reality that is relatively uncommon but still a pain , some supernatural creatures, some vehicles, tanks, Power armor, combat cyborgs, robot armor, Dragons, aliens etc...can only be damaged by Mega Damage.

If you use a regular laser weapon for example (not a mega damage one), you can't damage someone with MDC at all.

Some powerful tech weapon and magical weapons do mega damage.

NemoTheSurvivor NemoTheSurvivor Let see you have 9800 credits was trying to think of stuffs you could potentially want to buy:

Cross (1 lb, 200 credit for silver one, wooden ones are free) Might be useful against some supernatural evil (vampires mostly).
Infrared distancing Binoculars (2lb, 1200 credit)
Could buy an additional short-e clip for your pistol (5000 credit) or you could simply wait to recharge it (cost 1500 credit to recharge).

I see I should probably bring my questions here. I have a rough draft of my character ready to be typed up. I'm sure it needs polish, but you can then give me some feedback on ideas to go with.

So, anyone have any critiques of my sheet before it is final?

Also, Deviltigerr Deviltigerr how common are Ley Lines going to be in your game? If they are plentiful, I may hold off on having a Flying spell, since I can fly on Ley Lines as it is.

Sherwood Sherwood it varies, quite honestly there isn't really a set answer but the game does offer an option in case of, where I can roll randomly to determine if there is a ley line nearby.

But how does my sheet look? Any glaring problems? Suggestions on things I should tweak?

Think I forgot to mention the starting equipment for the sheet:

Ley Line Walker Light Armor, NG-33 Laser Pistol, NG-S2 Survival Pack, 1d4 × 1,000 credits.

Beside that at first glance, everything seems in order, will probably look at it more in details tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back