• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Savage Rifts: The Tomorrow Legion OOC

Mega damage is heavy damage essentially. In savage world, you need heavy damage to hit heavy armored foes. Simply the translation was made for savage rifts Mega damage = Heavy damage, MDC = Heavy armor.
Mega damage in general doesn't do a huge difference on normal targets mechanically (just the way I describe the result of the attack or impact on the environment make it more colorful).

But it doesn't work the other way around, someone with normal damage, can't damage someone or something with MDC. 'Borg, Glitterboy, many vehicles, and some supernatural entities have MDC. Savage rifts in general have toned down a lot of weapons, some powers had their ability to do heavy/mega damage removed as well, you will notice that most weapons in the setting don't do Mega damage anymore.

As for the rule, essentially you can't use psionics or magic against a contestant or trying to go around obstacles like flying/burrowing etc.... But they basically psionic or magic for everything else.

Like for example, you can't use Puppet and tell the contestant to quit the competition or try to blast him with magic or psionics but you can buff or defend yourself fine.

As for the stipulation about weapon on large scales, it refers to weapons with template (medium, cone, large etc...)

So the Psi Hammer is out, since I can't use psi or magic against a foe. Ok. I'll stick with my plan to get a conventional hammer to play Thwack-A-Mole with.

Alright one last check:
Anything someone wants to do before the competition? If not we will start the competition proper.

Alexa will just continue on her path of asking questions, trying to get to the bottom of the missing people and see if there is anything connecting them to one another.

Asking around Alexa would at least find out that the two juicers missing on the list are genuine but the reason for them not being here Disqualified and No show don't seem to be correct, from what their teammates are saying at least.

With my character's Invisibility spell, it normally costs 10 PPE, but it also says I can affect up to 5 people for a like amount of points. Does that mean for another 10, I can make us all invisible, or is it one person per 10 PPE?

Invisibility and true invisibility works the same. The cost is different and of course true invisibility is better.

You can affect up to five additional targets by spending an additional 10 PPE, at least if you are talking true invisibility.
So meaning if you spend 20 PPE, you will affect five targets.
You will still to pay the maintainance cost tho and it only last 3 rounds.

Ah! I thought that the 10 point Invisibility was the only option to me now. Good.

Ok, everyone. I can hit all of us with standard invisibility for a lot longer than True Invisibility. I can to the full monty, but I won't be able to do much else, since all of my PPE will be going to fuel the spell. What do you guys think? Go with the standard, and hope we can get around the track without being seen, or hit everyone with the True Invisibility for as long as I can?

In order to keep yourself alive, I would suggest you use your Invisibility on the lower setting, and also activate your Deflection. That way you can afford both.

I'm good with starting the competition, I'm just looking up some rules for our cyber-knight.

A Psi-Sword is not naturally MDC, you have to spend 2 ISP to make it MDC for the duration you have it active. You can do non-lethal attacks at a -1 to your fighting roll if you wish to hit targets with your psi-sword without killing them. A Psi-Sword is an extension of your will, so you can will it not to kill targets by taking the penalty. A Psi-Sword is a perfectly valid weapon for Murderthon, though a Cyber-Knight Psi-Sword is a VERY powerful weapon.

I'm good with starting the competition, I'm just looking up some rules for our cyber-knight.

A Psi-Sword is not naturally MDC, you have to spend 2 ISP to make it MDC for the duration you have it active. You can do non-lethal attacks at a -1 to your fighting roll if you wish to hit targets with your psi-sword without killing them. A Psi-Sword is an extension of your will, so you can will it not to kill targets by taking the penalty. A Psi-Sword is a perfectly valid weapon for Murderthon, though a Cyber-Knight Psi-Sword is a VERY powerful weapon.
Ok then. I just didn't want to go into our first big event and screw myself over by using a Psi Weapon and either getting disqualified or getting nailed with the Oaths of Chivalry coming down to bite me.

Does it look like it would take longer than 13 rounds to circle the arena on the track? I can do the True Invisibility for that long if I do nothing else but fuel it.

I also just noticed that my Fly spell is a Veteran level ability, so I have to drop it for something different. I'll have my sheet updated with my new selection ASAP.

Ah. I didn't know that. Well, I'm already in the process of swapping Fly for Environmental Protection, and I can get Fly later on.

Oh, be reasonable why don't you! Ok, I'll keep the Flight.

I look at your sheet, and I am not too worried that you'll make it through this.

Everybody can ace their damage dice normally. The setting rules tho on the other end, does allow someone to use benny on damage dice for reroll, which normally, you can't. So if someone roll low on damage dice, they can use a bennie to re-roll for potentially more damage.

What actually make Juicer scared compared to most of the others: Juicers can literally burn their life to do things that would be normally impossible.

By default all juicers can add a d10 on top of their regular roll result when they spend a burn point. Granted their pool of burn point is limited...but well Juicers do like to live fast and dangerously.

Anyway the competition is going to be a modified version of the chase rules. You'll see what I mean when we start.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back