• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

MissMoon

stressed; slow
Literacy: Advanced Literate to Novella

Roles: 3-4 Females, 3-4 Males

Setting: Starts in Georgia, but moves across the country
basics
Genres:
Adventure

Sub-Genres:
Drama, Slice-of-Life, Romance
tags
TL;DR
You and your friends have all runaway together because you saw something that you shouldn't have (a murder) and now those responsible for said crime have made it impossible to continue living in your town, threatening your very lives.
tl;dr
RUNAWAYS
"I just wanna go someplace where nobody knows my name"
Toccoa, Georgia. the place to be. Though

that only seemed to be said by tourists.

one hospital, one cinema, one grocery

store, one elementary/middle/high school.

everyone knows everyone. A group of

unknowing teens all attend the same party

one hot Friday summer night. They all grow

closer as the night progresses, sticking

together. As the night slowly came to an

end, the group decides to make one more

stop before they go back home. A decision

they’ll grow to regret. They go to the

nearest alleyway to clear their minds, but

they aren’t alone. They peek around the

corner at the perfect time, the same time

a murder was being committed. Not

knowing how to react, they stood there in

shock for longer than they should’ve. The

three shadowed men see them, the group

sees the men. They quickly leave

and try to forget what they just saw. As

they discuss their options and keep

walking into the darkness and away

from the crime scene, it seems they had

been followed by the same people, but

this time they were joined by 5 more

shadowed men. Panicked, they start to

sprint away from the mob of men,

finding themselves at a junkyard. Then, an

idea struck them. What does every witness

or criminal do in this situation? Flee. Not

that they were criminals, but that seemed

to be the only option for them. Some

argued they should wait until the next day,

but some argued that that gave the gang more

time to plan their next move. So they grab

their stuff, hijack an old van from the

junkyard and head across the country.

Perfect strangers, running from the

certainty of their endangered lives.

what could go wrong?

Character Sheets --- OOC Thread
code by valen t.

Last edited:
Starter:

Emma sighed as she heaved her duffle bag and back pack into the back of the van, a bubble of anxiety building up in her chest. She had never left town without her family before, so the idea of setting off on her own with a bunch of near strangers was more than a little unsettling. However, the idea of staying and possibly endangering her loved ones was even more unsettling. She tucked a stray red curl behind her eyes and squeezed her eyes shut as she leaned against the bumper of the van, taking deep breaths to calm her nerves. "I'm sorry dad..." she whispered to herself, praying that she was doing the right thing. She opened her eyes and pushed herself off the bumped, walking around the corner of the van to look at her fellow witnesses. They had seen something awful, something that no one should ever have to witness. A man murdered in cold blood by a small group of men...and those men were after them.

"My dad is close to one of the police officers at the department...are we really doing the right thing? They could protect us, couldn't they?" she said, not sounding very confident in her words. In this small town, the police department can only sacrifice so many men to protect a pack of kids...they'd probably not believe them anyways. Whoever killed that man in the alley were professionals, people who knew what they were doing. Organized, precise, and more than likely had way more resources than a bunch of teenagers. The body has probably already been cleaned up by now. Emma crossed her arms over her chest, feeling a chill run over her body. "If..if we are gonna do this, where are we gonna go? I grabbed all my saving from the summers I spent working at the coffee shop, but I'm not sure how far it'll get us. Gas, food, maybe a motel..." she was trying to drown her thoughts in logic and planning, it was the only way to keep her nerves in check, and the only thing keeping her from having a full blown mental break. 'Damn...I only have a little over four hundred dollars...' she thought to herself. She hated that her saving were being used for this instead of the new gaming PC she was hoping to build, but what other choice did she have?

What other choice did any of them have?...

She yanked on the handle for the passenger seat door, opting to not volunteer as driver, but she would be okay with playing navigator. Besides, navigator picks the music, right? That's what her dad had always said at least. she cranked the window down, and stuck her head out to call out to the group," I'll play navigator; just hand me a map and tell me where we are heading." She leaned back in her seat, happy to wait alone in the van while others packed and loaded their stuff in. She wasn't even sure if everyone was here yet, she hadn't done a head count, but she hoped they could leave soon, before she changed her mind and went vrying to her dad like the daddy's girl she is.

MOOD: Low-key kind of freaking out, but keeping it level to the best of his ability.

OUTFIT: Black T-shirt, jeans, black converse, a dark grey jacket, and a similar coloured worn-out baseball cap.

two
INTERACTIONS: Emma

(ps i don’t actually know how to use these so if I fuck up sorry ughhhghgg)

MENTIONS: woah, Emma again.
two
TAGS:

MissMoon MissMoon

two
TL;DR: Dave decides to keep his belongings on him. He kind of rude-talks Emma before apologising, he then chooses his seat in the van and offers fruit snacks to those who want some.
two
Dave Aguillard
Oh God, oh fuck‘.

Those few words that Dave had rushing through his head were exact, all he could think about, all he could say, really. He practically threw his duffel bag over his shoulder. “I’m keeping my bag on me at all times,” He said abruptly, being as curt as possible. “If I kept my shit in the back, who knows? Maybe there won’t be enough time to reach back there, grab my shit again, and run. I’d rather have my bag n’case I need to ditch this joint” Dave stated.

At Emma’s mention of her father, what he could do—well, what she proposed he could do—he looked around a bit, took his cap off; he then brushed his hair back, letting out a pissed off huffing sound. “Well, you c’n go and tell your daddy, but I’m for sure gettin’ the hell out”. Dave personally didn’t like the police, he thought they were just idiots who got in the way of a little fun, buzzkills if you will.

Despite his somewhat aggressive demeanour, Dave was scared. Dave was mortified at the though of what would happen if they hesitated for even just a second, what would happen if they decided to turn back, what would happen if they never left. A million thoughts would rush through his head, but on the outside he made a dire attempt to keep his cool. ‘Someone’s gotta have a level head,’ he thought. ‘If everybody begins to panic all at once, we just have a mess, and shit’ll go south’. His dark brown eyes looked down, his head following swiftly. He put his worn-down cap back on, continuing to keep his head low. He shook his head and lifted it now, keeping a solid, serious expression. “I don’t mean to come off as a dick or anything, I’m just a little shaken up,” Dave began. “I thought I’d be ready to see shit like that, you know, movies and all. But no, the real thing’s much different. It’s a lot more fucked up“.

Dave had a horrible stress-habit of biting the inside of his mouth. The expression that comes with it is a bit odd, but it’s quite apparent as to what he’s doing. The boy had lots of marks on the inside of his mouth, none painful, of course. He was used to it. “Mmhm, ah, uh-“ He kind of lost his train of thought, but resumed “I don’t really care where we go,” he began entering the back of the van, looking around. He decided the furthest back seat by the window. “Ah, I call this one. Anyways, I don’t care where we go ‘n all, it’s not like I had much to look forward to back home anyways. Mom’ll get by w’thout me, I’m sure she will. She’s strong like that.” Dave could say all he wanted about her, but he really couldn’t tell any negative truths. Everything he had to say about her was positive. Honestly, Dave was scared to go, but he couldn’t put her in harm. Not a sweet woman like that. Dave had more respect for her than he really showed, but as the only adult he’s had for basically his whole life, he didn’t have too much to complain about.

”Ah, forgive me. Didn’t mean’ta sound like a baby there, I don’t like complainin’ much. Just happens.” Dave held his bag in his lap and looked out the window. “I’m ready when ya’ll are. Besides, I brought fruit snacks. If ya want some, hit me up. But not that much per person, I don’t mind sharin‘ now, but when I start to run low, you best believe the offer’s off th’ table.” He joked, smiling a wide, goofy smile; he did this knowing that pretty much all he packed was food, Dave loved food. Honest to God, it’s one of his favourite things in the world.

I'd say I told you so but you just gonna cry

You just wanna know those peanut butter vibes

code by valen t.

>>sorry for any spelling mistakes, this was kind of rushed; school stuff.

Last edited:
Sara shut her eyes, and shoved her backpack into the van. She was terrified out of her mind, but there was something that prevented her from showing it. She felt like she had to be the calm one. Though she rarely ever cried, this felt like the right time to do so. "Sorry Pa" She repeated to herself, after hearing Emma whisper it. She sat on the ground, looking around at everyone else. She felt this weird growing feeling in her stomach. Like all these people, who she had considered friends would eventually disappear to be arrested, and they’d all end up in separate prisons. Or be murdered.

"My dad‘s the town sheriff." She finally spoke, her words a little shaky. “He can’t save us. What could he do? Ground us until they find the killer? That’s if they actually decided to protect us.” Her body was shaking. She couldn’t imagine telling the police. What reaction would she get? How could you possibly be so dumb? Why were you in the alley? Did you actually kill this man? "I’ve been working since I was 8, and walked the neighbors dog. We have enough money combined to sustain on the road for a bit" After her bo it of negativity, she felt kind of bad, so she hoped that her money would be able to cheer them up. 'I have 500. About half of a thousand' she thought to herself. She shrugged. She didn’t have much use for the money anyway.

She pulled on the door handle, having decided to be the driver. Now that she had her license there was no separating her from the steering wheel. Another plus was that she wouldn’t have to look any of them in the eye. “I’m driving!” She called out to the group as well. ‘Well.’ She thought to herself. ‘This was almost as scary, as the rejection I could have faced at the party’

Seeing what they did, it was surreal to Michael. It was the kind of thing that happens in movies or on television, not something he'd actually expect to happen, especially not in their tight-knit community. He was hesitant to leave with the others, he barely knew them after all. Not to mention the fact that everything he's ever known has been in this small town. But, after some convincing, he was willing to come along. It was terrifying and exhilarating at the same time and nervous thoughts swirled around inside of Michael's head. He knew he was going to question this decision for the rest of his life, however long that may be.

Michael tore the navy beanie off of his head and stuffed it into his backpack. It was almost embarrassing how little he had with him; clothes, an astronomy book, a pocket knife, a wallet full of cash, and a half-dozen granola bars made up the majority of his belongings. After tossing the bag into the back of the van, Michael took a one last minute to reflect on everything that's happened, "Fuck..." He sighed as he glanced around the junkyard they were currently in. He still couldn't believe the situation he found himself in. His silent contemplation was interrupted by a series of voices, most notably one of the boys, David, talking about something Michael wasn't interested in, but he sounded angry. That was something Michael could resonate with.

Before hopping into the van, Michael made a double-take and grabbed the book from his backpack. He needed something to do other than sleep or talk idly with his newfound companions. As he entered the van, he heard the sheriff's daughter jump into the driver's seat before he sat down next to Elie, a sophomore he'd seen around school. He didn't know her well but she seemed slightly off to him, which made sense considering the circumstances. He flashed her an awkward smile as he took his seat and quickly flipped open his book to try to prevent any conversation. Luckily for him, she seemed busy asking for fruit snacks.​

Coming into view with tattered sandals and a suspicious cooler, the basketball player exhaled lightly through his nose, sun gleaming far too bright for his hungover eyes. He arrived late, as usual. Not a surprise. “Yo. Got space for this? Figured I might as well since we’re on the run n’ all.” Raiden gestured to the cooler in his hand, offering a forced grin to nobody in particular, which had the same strength as soggy paper mache. “If we get caught, nobody saw anybody stealin' stuff by the liquor store, got it? Great.” Letting loose a fingergun, he flung the cooler into the trunk with the sigh he didn’t know he’d been holding.
Man, he dreaded this kind of awkward talk. But.. Might as well make use of time, right? Flicking his eyes across their faces, regret swelled in his gut like one of those grow-in-water toy capsules he used to get as a kid. Ah, yeah, they’re doomed. Raiden hoped his drunk memories were incorrect and these teenagers would be more burly and hitman-esque, but cringed a little inside when their expressions looked like lost puppies more than anything. Not that his wasn’t too, but he’d rather not think about that right now. Unfortunately, despite the number of checks he did, there wasn’t anyone he spotted that was inside his usual friend groups. Just.. Acquaintances and classmates.. His friends left him behind at the party again, huh? God dammit. He squinted in the other direction, gripping the strap to his backpack. “Hey uh, so last night, crazy stuff..” He said like half of it wasn’t a blur he’d like to forget. “... But do we have any idea where we’re going? Anyone have any distant relatives with houses we can squat at or.. We just gonna go blind? ‘Cause in all honesty, this sounds like a horrible idea.”

MOOD: A bit cooler now, kind of awkward.

OUTFIT: Black T-shirt, jeans, black converse, a dark grey jacket, and a similar coloured worn-out baseball cap.

two
INTERACTIONS: Elie, Raiden

MENTIONS: Elie, Raiden
two
TL;DR: Dave gives Emie fruit snacks and tries to hold up conversation with other passengers, he’s not doing so great at that.
two
Dave Aguillard
Dave fixed his gaze over to the girl who had asked him for the fruit snacks. His brows eyes widened slightly, his brows raised. He was honestly surprised anyone took his offer. He looked down at his bag, then back up at Emie. “Uah.. uh.. yeah, yeah sure“. Upon opening is bag, it is revealed that the entire bag is filled with food, it’s an understatement to say that his bag was filled with them. His bag was PACKED. A smile widened into somewhat of an excited one on his face as he looked at his stock. “I’m not even going to lie, not all of this is from my house.” The emphasis on the ’my’ was a bit horrifying to say the least. He dug his hand in his bag, reaching around under different packets, cans, etc. “Ah, yeah, don’t worry ‘bout the food, it’s all stuff that lasts a while, ahhh..” he started pulling out some of the different items; doing this, he revealed soups, water bottles, and there was much more, but he found what he was looking for.

Dave started shoving the items he pulled out back into his bag. “I ah, didn’t actually bring much other than food..” his eyes looked back up, his head following. “Let’s see ah, what’s ya name?” He asked her as he handed her a pack of those generic smiley-face fruit snacks you get from Walmart. “Personally, th’ name’s Dave for me.” He said as he struggled to zip up his bag. His face quickly turned sour as he continued struggling. “Ah, tricky things, aren’t they..” he mumbled, pulling harder on the zipper. He quickly slammed the bag down, immediately giving up. He laughed it off, “Ha ha, yeah uh.. I’ll uh.. try that later.” The boy quickly looked back out of the window he sat next to. “Sorry ya’ll gotta be stuck with a guy like me,” He apologised, then looked over to Raiden.

He stared at the other male for a bit, then spoke. “Yeah bud, I don’ think we’ve got a safe space. It’s a kind of ah...” He had an awful habit of doing that, that lightly annoying ‘ah’ when he’s got nothing to say. It’s the equivalent to saying ‘um’ when presenting in class. “Err.. a quick getaway? Except without the beaches, or the drinks.. ah.. haha.. I mean, there uh.. yeah, actually drinks- yeah- I ahh..” He laughed awkwardly and just shot his direction back out of his window, covering his face with his hat slightly, not bothering to adjust it. Dave found it a bit awkward to talk to so many people at once, yeah, he was pretty social, but that doesn’t mean he was really good at it. Fuck, he even forgot to ask the guy‘s name, and how much time he’s spent practicing social skills gone to waste. God, He held his bag firmly and just waited for the time that they headed out.

code by valen t.

Mentions: tamarapasek tamarapasek , Paolumu Paolumu

Emma jerked her head to look at who opened the driver's side door, what brave soul volunteered for that position? The blonde that made herself comfy in the diver's seat looked just as shaken as Emma, but seemed to be doing everything in her power to hide it, act like this was nothing. Sara was the sheriff's daughter, another kid of someone of with prominence in this tiny town, and was the same age as Emma, at least she was pretty sure of that. They were in the same grade level at school after all. "Well, I guess since you're the driver, you get to pick where we go, though Raiden made a good point: this is a terrible idea without a plan..." Emma's voice trailed off as she spoke to Sara. Emma lifted her legs to kick her feet up onto the dash, making herself comfortable. Hearing the mention of fruit snack behind her, her tummy growled. She hadn't eaten anything since last night, but she really didn't have much of an appetite after what they witnessed. She pulled the sleeve on her sweater down past her hand and used it to cover her mouth and nose lightly, the smell of food making her feel nauseous. she too a couple deep breaths to recompose herself, hoping no one noticed just how shaken she really was.

After regaining her composure, she stuck cranked her head around her seat to look to the back of the van, "the cooler is a good idea, we can tuck it in the back to store perishable food, ice is cheap anyways," she said in a matter of fact tone. Logic, practicality, these things helped her stay calm, made her feel like she had some semblance of control over their situation. "Y'all got any ideas for where we should go? I've got a cabin out at Lake Russell, it's only about an hour and a half from here though...not sure if y'all wanna get farther away than that." Emma felt uneasy, she and her dad had the cabin on this timeshare thing, so they could go whenever they want for a little getaway, but she's never been out there without her family by her side. She, her dad, her mom, and her little brother all loved going there to spend summers on the lake and Christmas ice-skating on said lake. It was relatively secluded, but maybe a little too obvious of a choice since her family knows about it...

Emma wracked her brain for ideas, "on second thought, maybe that's no a good idea, maybe we should make to like...Mississippi or something like that, you know? Put a couple states between us and those killers? We are just south of the Tennessee border, and right next to North Caroline border, we could easily go to another state..." Emma was starting to ramble, letting her thought spill out of her mouth without bothering to filter them. She knew she was rambling too, which was making her ramble even more. She hated making decisions, it always put her on edge and made her anxious. "Sorry, uh--what do you guys think?" she looked to them eagerly, hoping one of them would speak up and save her from embarrassing herself further.

MOOD: Spaced out

two
INTERACTIONS: no one specifically

MENTIONS: the group I guess
two
TAGS:

none really

two
TL;DR: Dave thinks to himself, then fixes his bag which he previously had a fit about.
two
Dave Aguillard
Dave stared off out of his window, listening to what the others had to say. Though, he didn’t really drop in much input. He was still shaken up from what happened earlier. He was at a blank really, unsure of what he was supposed to think about it, how he was supposed to feel. He felt horrible, horrible for the victim, for their family, their friends. He wondered what it would be like had they been there sooner, could they have done anything about it? What if it was him?

No matter what he thought about it, Dave sure as hell didn’t plan on being next. He was gonna do everything in his power to keep himself alive and out of the gang’s way. Unfortunately, that meant having to put his pride aside to take care of this group, too. If he was gonna live, they had to as well. The last thing Dave could do right now was be alone. His dark eyes were a bit hazy, his head rested in his hand as he stared into the distance. Wherever they went, he didn’t care. He was used to being dragged around place to place. He picked up his black duffel bag and turned it around, calmly releasing the zipper from what it had stuck itself on. Finally, he could close his bag.

He set the bag down to his lap and stared at it now. Dave didn’t tell the group quite yet, but he had some other things in his bag. Sure, it was mostly food, but that’s just MOSTLY. Though, it’s not much, not like a gun or anything, Dave had a baseball bat in there. A metal bat with a silver sheen and a black handle. Simple, really, but it was new. It could stand just a bit more than what he had at home. The bat was cool, but Dave was a pitcher. Needless to say, he might’ve visited/broke into an old friend’s house and took his bat. It made him chuckle a little. God, he‘s gonna be so pissed when he finds out.

code by valen t.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back