• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
[class=Notes] // Forward slashes are comments and do no show up in the final design, these are to help you find everything easily and explain some code as well. These comments must be with in a class or script tags in order to be hidden, from what I know// // Long URls are images # followed by letter and numbers are Hex codes or color codes.// // This code does not show breaks unless is shows the
code When typing responses to rps, be aware that when you press enter it will not show that you did. You'll have to use the
tags// [/class] [class=BackgroundPicture] Background:url(https://i.pinimg.com/564x/d9/c9/bf/d9c9bfeecc7cd23adce729f2fa10d11c.jpg); Padding:30px; //The background image that become the border// [/class] [class=BackgroundColor] padding:20px; background-color:#fbe7d1; Color:Black; //the solid block of color that makes the border appear as a border all your content will be in this box// [/class] [class=Name] float:right; margin-bottom:10px; text-align:center; border-radius:5px; background-color:#142740; padding:5px;color:#fbe7d1; width:calc(100% - 15% - 20px); //The Box around the name// [/class] [class=Img] border-right:10px SOLID #fbe7d1; border-bottom:5px SOLID #fbe7d1; width:15%; float:left; //this class has a border to create a false margin so the horizontal lines don't appear to go behind the image if you change the back ground you have to change the colors here too// [/class] [class=Image] border:1px SOLID #142740; line-height:0px; //The border around the image// [/class] [class=Line] border-top:1px SOLID #142740; margin-top:5px; margin-bottom:5px; //The tiny lines everywhere// //You can see here they have a set width, which is the shorter length, the bottom two lines have a specific 'style' which overrides what happens here to make them full length. if you need longer lines, copy and paste the style from the bottom two (be careful, they float right, making them too big at the top messes the code up) If you need the bottom lines to be shorter, delete the Style=" and such// [/class] [div class="BackgroundPicture"] [div class="BackgroundColor"] [div class="Img"] ye-xx-.jpg [div class="Image"] [/div][/div] [div class="Name"] Jesse Ravencroft | Javen Burrows[/div] In his haste to rush over, Jesse hadn't overheard the portion of the conversation pertaining to the hostage situation. That was an entirely different circumstance altogether and one he completely misjudged. The Halfling's response showed as much, after all the man's very family was on the line. Though Jesse did question the very existence of the world they now inhabited, he recognized concern regardless of where it came from.
"Excuse my eagerness Brewer, I hadn't heard tha' full situation. I seek no ill will to befall your family, only freedom." Jesse responded solemnly, as clear thought began to peel back the hatred of Javen once more. Hostages definitely changed everything about the quest, lives other than their own were now at stake. Not to mention, Blood Hunter's were no fan of leaving the innocent to become victims. Although the Firbolg had a valid point, if the price for release was the death of a single halfing, just what had the creature done to incur such wrath? Organization and revenge weren't necessarily the known tropes of any Goblin Leaders he'd read about in the Guides. As he thought, Jesse nonchalantly wound the obscenity that was Javen's hair into a loosely bound bun, though much of it still draped across his face and sides.
"Ya' said there was more information?" He added as a probe. Lacking vital information had made him seem foolish in the conversation, but the last thing Jesse wanted was to be unaware of a crucial detail in the midst of a battle. If he were to die, he wasn't even close to understanding what would legitimately happen to him. Was it true and final death, or would he return home? Everything about being here was just another heap of questions he wasn't sure how to explain. Not to mention he was nearly sure that the group that had gathered were all in the same boat as him, their mannerisms were out of the ordinary just as his were. For example, the half-elf had suddenly changed his demeanor and vocabulary, not by any substantial means but a slight shift all the same. It was enough to feed the hunch, but for now he'd keep his own act and guard up as a precaution. Nevertheless, within the swirl of thoughts and concerns that whirled within his mind, a portion of his attention was peaked once more by the De- Tiefling Woman. Just for a moment, Jesse swore he'd seen her look in his direction. Which wouldn't have been too much of an issue, after all his battle-worn appearance was one that would definitely catch looks. There was a glimmer of handsomeness under the scars and grimace that seemed etched into his face, but in truth he probably just looked insane. The fleeting glance made him suspicious, had she noticed the anger he'd been harboring? The thought made his veins pulse, ready to pump him full of adrenalin once more. Instead, he looked away and took a breath to calm himself. Regardless if she was a party member or not, she wasn't a monster simply because she had horns.
[div class="Line"][/div] Interacting: The Halfling Brewer | Mentioned: The Mad Queen The Mad Queen Clockwork Syringe Clockwork Syringe | Located: The Tavern [div class="Line" style="margin-bottom:0px;"][/div]
[/div]
Code by @AgWordSmith
[/div]

The Hafling leaned in closer when questioned about the reason why his head was wanted.
"Because I am Patrick O'Marra, the owner of the Chrysalis brewery and the patriarch of my entire family. My sons helped me escape, for the Goblins were calling for my head and my head alone. I would have stayed behind but in my mind, there was no guarantee they'd kill my family once I was dead." He coughed a few times and looked away from the table as the man not only fought back tears but tried to hide them.

"I don't know why they want me dead. I have never been involved with Goblins before. As I do not know who their leader is, I cannot say for sure as to the why they want my head. Only that I do not intend to give it over. I quite like my head, after all."

As he coughed into a handkerchief, using it as an excuse to dry his eyes Patrick looked to the hunter next, giving an understanding nod.

"Aye the information." He carefully looked around the tavern before opening his mouth again "The O'Marra family knows things." He whispered "Through trade of our ale and mead we have picked up a thing or two. I can't say what it's about here. There might be people listening in, after all. But we have secrets, a few of which I'd be willing to give over. My family is more important than that, after all."

Blair Tuama/Circe
Another Tiefling.jpg

It seemed the rugged man going with them was unavoidable at this point. Part of Blair wanted to get up from the table at that point and just walk away, but at the same time she wanted to stick close to a few of the others in their position. If she wanted to stand any chance of getting home, she'd have to keep the others in her situation close.

As she listened to the Halfling's tale, she almost jumped out of her seat for the woman felt something move inside one of the pockets in her armour. Glaring down with wide eyes she spotted a mouse staring up at her from a pocket.
Of course. Circe had a pet mouse. She could see the character sheet in her head right now, and as far as she could tell everything seemed to be in one piece. The mouse was just one thing.
Reaching down, she gently stroked the creature on the head with her thumb and watched as it retreated inside of another pocket. As the two made eye contact she felt an urge, that she had to take care of the creature and as it's eyes looked into her own she felt warmth.

Was this how Circe felt? Outside of her patron Blair had declared that the mouse, Dust had been her character's only friend. She'd hoped, of course that through some development that Circe would make more friends along the course of the campaign but even though she had only sat down at her computer mere minutes ago, eager to begin the session it felt like years ago.

Right now, she had to focus.

"Did any of these Goblins cast magic?" She asked the Hafling
"It looked like they had a shaman. Just the one. The rest just seemed to have swords and bows."

Wyatt Hamon/Ser Godfree
dan-ramos-det01.jpg

If the Hafling hadn't been sitting before him, Wyatt would be smiling at the rugged man's response. It seemed he might have been another trapped player after all, though he'd have to quizz him on that away from the tavern. He'd gone from seemingly bloodthirsty to concerned for the family. Wyatt wondered if the family was even real. Within this world, they were real of course but were they just constructions, or were they able to think for themselves?

The Hafling answered that question for him, as he noticed him fighting back tears. Even if this world was a fantasy, it seemed that the inhabitants were very much real. They felt loss, and pain and fear. His gut twisted, for this meant that the Goblins were real too and it did not sound like they were going to leave peacefully. Had they demanded money or even the brewery itself in return for the O'Marra family there was a chance of negotiation, but they were calling for the head of Patrick.

Maybe he wouldn't have to kill any of them? Ser Godfree would have no qualms with cutting down Goblins to save the lives of innocents, but he was not Ser Godfree. He wasn't a Half-Elf Knight, he was a Vice Principal from Minnesota. Then again, if he had all of Godfree's abilities he'd know how to put the Goblins down without killing them.

An idea came to mind.

"You mentioned that your sons helped you escape. How?"
"The brewery has tunnels leading to the outside. The Goblins chased me through them, but by the time they noticed I was too far away."
"Any other way we could sneak in?"
"There is a large hill behind the brewery itself. Might be useful. I imagine they'll have lookouts, though."

Interactions and Nearby: Clockwork Syringe Clockwork Syringe SP3CT3R SP3CT3R Venchi1986 Venchi1986 EmWiley0816 EmWiley0816
Dethrix Dethrix

The black clothed man's reaction to hearing about O'Marra didn't really help Danny in figuring out if he was in their position or not but at least he seemed to be concerned about the hostages and agreed with his idea that someone else might have been behind the attack on the brewery "I'm a Shaman myself so I might be of some use against them. Anyway I don't suppose you'd be willing to trust us with a map of your home, I mean knowing the layout of those tunnels could be useful for us but a huge risk for you." If Patrick agreed maybe they could reach the hostage without ever having to fight any Goblins, Danny still wasn't sure if this world was "real" despite acting like it was but killing other creatures didn't sit right with him.

As he looked around to see the reactions of his potential partymembers he noticed that the redskinned woman seemed oddly preoccupied by something in her pockets. It wouldn't be strange to think it was a weapon or something but she seemed to regard whatever it was warmly so he believed it to be unlikely to be dangerous but he still decided to keep an eye on her.

Firbolg Magic: You can cast detect magic and disguise self with this trait. Once you cast this spell you cannot be allowed to cast this spell again with this trait until you have finished a short or long rest. Whenever you use this skill you may seem up to 3 feet shorter than normal allowing you to the more easily blend with both humans and Elves.

Cantrips
Druidcraft
Mending
Produce Flame

Spells ( 6 a day)
Level 1 spells (4/4)
Create or destroy water
Entangle
Goodberry

Level 2 spells (3/3)
Heat Metal
Spikegrowth

Level 3 spells (2/2)
Conjure Animals

The Mad Queen The Mad Queen EmWiley0816 EmWiley0816 Clockwork Syringe Clockwork Syringe SP3CT3R SP3CT3R Dethrix Dethrix

Mark Ortega/Markus Barton

9047e9bdb7b7f0ca42c13a8d7b6bcee7.jpg

Mark listened to the entire conversation that took place between the halfling patriarch and the rest of the party; he also became keenly aware that Blair was sticking quite close to him for fear of the spooky looking man. However, what interested Mark was the revelation that the goblins wanted the halfling's head in exchange for his family. He also learned that the patriarch was the head of a rather well off family that managed the brewery. Mark wondered at the mention of this if the halfling knew who the Bartons were and whether he recognized Markus. "Anyway I don't suppose you'd be willing to trust us with a map of your home, I mean knowing the layout of those tunnels could be useful for us but a huge risk for you," Trevor suddenly chimed in. He had a point knowledge was power; quite literally for Mark has his power was hidden underneath his clothes. At the mention of this Mark decided to chime in now and try to persuade the halfling for any assistance.

"A map would be most beneficial," Mark started. "While I am certainly not the patriarch of a family, I can understand the drive to do whatever you can for your family and I emphasize with you on that regard." Truth be told, Mark and his family were semi close so he wasn't entirely lying; as for Markus' family, Mark had created the Bartons after conversing with the mysterious Dungeon Master so he had a general idea of their attitudes. "Knowledge can be its' own form of power if used correctly."

The Mad Queen The Mad Queen SP3CT3R SP3CT3R Venchi1986 Venchi1986 Dethrix Dethrix EmWiley0816 EmWiley0816

At the mention of a map, Patrick did manage a half-smile and reached into a side-pocket in his coat.
"It's drawn up from memory. Know the tunnels like the back of me hand." He tapped the side of his head, his other hands pulling out a sheet of parchment that he laid across the table.
The map had been hastily drawn, but was easy enough to make out, showing three tunnels that ran underneath a large manor house with two floors. The tunnels all started in a sub-basement, where Patrick had labeled rooms for storing barrels of ale, with a few rooms hidden behind false walls. While these rooms connected to the tunnels, one didn't connect to anything.

"That last room has a few family secrets. The information I mentioned." He tapped his finger on the hidden room "But I doubt the Goblins know about it. These tunnels and hidden rooms aren't on any maps or plans...Except this one. We keep it up here." He tapped on the side of his head again, his grin returning as he let out a light chuckle. "It's a bugger about the tunnel though. If only the bastards hadn't spotted me." His smile was gone now, and all the man could do was shake his head and mutter curses under his breath, most of them directed at himself.

Wyatt Hamon/Ser Godfree
dan-ramos-det01.jpg

Wyatt's eyes moved from one person to another at the table, his eyes meeting Mark's as he spoke about knowledge, bringing a slight smile to his face. He did turn away, worried the other man would think he was staring at him. It would have to wait for later, but he was curious as to the man's actual profession. He might have worked in education as well, after all.
"Knowledge is, indeed very powerful. We'd be lost without it." He leaned forwards over the table "A mind needs books like a sword needs a whetstone, after all."
Patrick's eyes moved between both Mark and Wyatt, his smile returning for a second. "Aye, I'd say so."

Leaning further over the table, Wyatt studied the map.
"I wouldn't beat yourself up over what happened, Mr O'Marra. If these Goblins got a hand of you, then who knows what would happen to your family."

Blair Tuama/Circe
Another Tiefling.jpg
Blair got the feeling that another person at the table was watching her, but kept her gaze on the mouse. He climbed up a little bit, now resting on her shoulder and looking upwards as she stroked under his chin with one finger. Her eyes moved back to Patrick though as the man explained more details. He did not share all of her attention though, for Blair was also studying those around her. They had a shaman among them, but something else caught her attention. The large Half-Elf in armour said something that sounded familiar to her, and once she'd put it together she had to fight to urge to smile.

The man was quoting Game of Thrones.

"I've heard that whetstone quote myself. I believe it was a wise Halfling from a noble house that said it." She nodded at Wyatt, and although the Half-Elf had his attention on Patrick, he did glance up and give Blair a slight smile and a nod.

Interactions and Nearby: Clockwork Syringe Clockwork Syringe SP3CT3R SP3CT3R Venchi1986 Venchi1986 EmWiley0816 EmWiley0816
Dethrix Dethrix

[class=Notes] // Forward slashes are comments and do no show up in the final design, these are to help you find everything easily and explain some code as well. These comments must be with in a class or script tags in order to be hidden, from what I know// // Long URls are images # followed by letter and numbers are Hex codes or color codes.// // This code does not show breaks unless is shows the
code When typing responses to rps, be aware that when you press enter it will not show that you did. You'll have to use the
tags// [/class] [class=BackgroundPicture] Background:url(https://i.pinimg.com/564x/d9/c9/bf/d9c9bfeecc7cd23adce729f2fa10d11c.jpg); Padding:30px; //The background image that become the border// [/class] [class=BackgroundColor] padding:20px; background-color:#fbe7d1; Color:Black; //the solid block of color that makes the border appear as a border all your content will be in this box// [/class] [class=Name] float:right; margin-bottom:10px; text-align:center; border-radius:5px; background-color:#142740; padding:5px;color:#fbe7d1; width:calc(100% - 15% - 20px); //The Box around the name// [/class] [class=Img] border-right:10px SOLID #fbe7d1; border-bottom:5px SOLID #fbe7d1; width:15%; float:left; //this class has a border to create a false margin so the horizontal lines don't appear to go behind the image if you change the back ground you have to change the colors here too// [/class] [class=Image] border:1px SOLID #142740; line-height:0px; //The border around the image// [/class] [class=Line] border-top:1px SOLID #142740; margin-top:5px; margin-bottom:5px; //The tiny lines everywhere// //You can see here they have a set width, which is the shorter length, the bottom two lines have a specific 'style' which overrides what happens here to make them full length. if you need longer lines, copy and paste the style from the bottom two (be careful, they float right, making them too big at the top messes the code up) If you need the bottom lines to be shorter, delete the Style=" and such// [/class] [div class="BackgroundPicture"] [div class="BackgroundColor"] [div class="Img"] ye-xx-.jpg [div class="Image"] [/div][/div] [div class="Name"] Jesse Ravencroft | Javen Burrows[/div] Jesse took in the surrounding conversation and slowly sifted through the variables in his mind. For a moment, he simply analyzed everything that was being spoken around the table. From the minute details to the far more prevalent ones, he did his best to truly assess the situation. For one, he knew that his visage wasn't one that brought happy faces. While some seemed perturbed by him, others appeared outright put off. There wasn't much Jesse could do about Javen's appearance at this point, the man was supposed to look like hell. Nevertheless, the more pressing issues were placed around the quest at hand. How could they execute such a rescue without dying or in turn, losing the hostages?
"Would anyone in our little group happen ta' be proficient in disguise or illusion?" He questioned openly after staring down at the map on display, the tunnels were a good solution for entry but even better for escape. In fact, he'd wager that such an entry point would be layered with traps following O'Marra's daring getaway. Goblins were known for setting up nasty surprises in their stolen territories, especially in such narrow confines that would absolutely require them to trigger at least a few. Though, he had to give credit to both the Nobleman and the Firbolg. Their request for a physical representation of the space was more than helpful in inspiring an alternative idea.
"We're gonna have ta' do battle with these critters regardless. But if we can flip tha' situation in our favor, we hold a better chance of takin' out tha' threat and saving the rest of the O'Marra's. The way I see it, tha' best way in is through tha' front gates. Tha' tunnels they've found will be ready for our approach. So we'll come knockin' at the main door with exactly what they want. Once we're in good, we make the trade-off and start shufflin' the family out before they notice. Once they do, because they definitely will, we lead em' back down tha' tunnels and bottleneck their forces." Jesse rattled off his plan as he thought it through, and in his head, it seemed workable. There were plenty of properties that could go wrong, but any solution had its flaws. The focus he held, was subverting whatever the masterminds intentions were. Their enemy was smart, that much they knew. But apparently not intelligent enough to capture the Patriarch in the first place. Then came dealing with the goblins themselves, because fighting was inevitable. Jesse wasn't careless enough to believe that somehow everything they encountered was some piece of fiction, somehow this world was real in at least a minimal capacity. That meant the life that existed within it, had its own right to survival. But such chaotic forces weren't the kind that would stop coming, and even within the basic nature of the game Goblins were simply cannon fodder to be thrown at players. If they were pursued, they'd have to defend themselves. Not to mention, the family was likely going to want their Brewery back. Jesse doubted that whatever malevolence that was at work here was interested in just leaving empty-handed. However, he did laugh slightly at the Game of Thrones reference, which he found cheesy although clever.
[div class="Line"][/div] Interacting: The Halfling Brewer | Mentioned: The Mad Queen The Mad Queen Clockwork Syringe Clockwork Syringe Venchi1986 Venchi1986 | Located: The Tavern [div class="Line" style="margin-bottom:0px;"][/div]
[/div]
Code by @AgWordSmith
[/div]

Last edited:
Wyatt Hamon/Ser Godfree & Blair Tuama/Circe
Wyatt and Blair.png

Wyatt leaned in, listening into the plan put forward by the rugged man. If this new world played by the same rules as the games he'd played over the decades, then he was right on the money. The tunnels just seemed too much like an actual dungeon to him. He glanced at the map once more.
"What about that hill you mentioned?" He asked the Hafling "If we attack from two sides, those Goblins won't stand a chance." His eyes moved around the table
"How many of you can cast spells? I know we have a Shaman amongst us."

Blair tried to remember what was on her character sheet again. Circe had a kit, but no spells. Twiddling her thumbs, and glancing at the floor she took in a deep breath, and raised her hand.
"I've got a disguise kit. And I know how to use it. I'm probably not going to look anything like a Halfling, but I'm sure we can come up with something else." Still keeping her head pointed towards the ground, Blair shut her eyes. She could see the sheet again. "No illusion magic, not really but I do have a few other spells up my sleeves too."
She cleared her throat, slowly lowering her arm back to her side. Blair still wasn't sure if she could trust everyone sitting at the table, but if she proved useful they wouldn't cause her any harm.

Wyatt nodded.
"I'm sure that'll come in handy. Thanks. We're lucky to have you." He shot the woman a reassuring smile, his eyes meeting hers as she briefly looked up. He had to wonder just what was going through the woman's head. He'd woken up in this alternate world as well, but he'd at least been in the body of a Half-Elf. That was close enough to human in his book, but she was a Tiefling of all things! They weren't even a playable race until a few years ago, and more often than not the world despised them.
How much would he be able to shield her from? Goblins were one thing, but would he be able to hold off angry mobs? He wanted to say something to reassure her, but he found himself speechless. A rarity.

"Shall we hit the road?" He asked the table "I detest the idea of leaving this good man's family in peril for longer than we have to."

Interactions and Nearby: Clockwork Syringe Clockwork Syringe Venchi1986 Venchi1986 EmWiley0816 EmWiley0816
Dethrix Dethrix

Mark watched as Patrick laid out a map to his estate that laid bare any tunnels that would have been present within the property. Upon seeing this Mark did a double take to make sure that anyone wasn't watching them before he looked back at the map and began to analyze it. Sure enough there were several tunnels that the goblins may or may not have found which gave Mark the beginnings of an idea that would overlay nicely with an idea that he was starting to cook up. Of course, the rough spooky looking human asked if anyone was proficient in disguise or illusion magic. Sure enough Mark remembered the only illusion magic he had at first level was Disguise Self; he didn't know how helpful it would be if put to the test, but he'd rather share the knowledge in the chance it could be helpful than keep this secret to himself. Mark coughed to draw attention before staring. "I know a small amount of Illusion magic and others in addition to my own unique magic that may help in the distracting and disguising area. More specifically, smells, noises, and lights." He also tapped his chest which caused a muffled *Ting* before he continued. "This is if things go south."

The Mad Queen The Mad Queen Venchi1986 Venchi1986 Dethrix Dethrix EmWiley0816 EmWiley0816

Danny was surprised by how easy it seemed to memorize the map Patrick showed the group even if though he didn't have a long time to study it. "Must a be a Firbolg thing I guess." He wondered if he somehow got other abilities that weren't strictly spells and such, he was gonna have to experiment later. As he was thinking the edgy looking guy spoke up and asked about disguises and such. His first instinct was to mention Firbolg magic but he quickly realized that looking 3 feet shorter wasn't be gonna useful in this situation.

COLOR=rgb(235, 107, 86)]"I've got a disguise kit. And I know how to use it. I'm probably not going to look anything like a Halfling, but I'm sure we can come up with something else."[/COLOR] . "I know a small amount of Illusion magic and others in addition to my own unique magic that may help in the distracting and disguising area. More specifically, smells, noises, and lights." Hearing the human mention distracting gave him an idea that might allow him to help with sneaking after all. "As a Firbolg I can talk to animals and plants even though I don't typically understand them, combining that with the druid spells Animal Friendship and Speak with Animals could be useful. I also know of a spell that should make us undetectable. "

We're gonna have ta' do battle with these critters regardless. But if we can flip tha' situation in our favor, we hold a better chance of takin' out tha' threat and saving the rest of the O'Marra's. The way I see it, tha' best way in is through tha' front gates. Tha' tunnels they've found will be ready for our approach. So we'll come knockin' at the main door with exactly what they want. Once we're in good, we make the trade-off and start shufflin' the family out before they notice. Once they do, because they definitely will, we lead em' back down tha' tunnels and bottleneck their forces."

"Normally I would agree with that plan but they want our client's head so I doubt that is gonna be an option." Danny assumed that the cloaked figure simply missed Patrick saying that but he wasn't too sure.

When the knight suggested heading off Danny saw no reason to object and got up.

The Mad Queen The Mad Queen
EmWiley0816 EmWiley0816
Clockwork Syringe Clockwork Syringe
SP3CT3R SP3CT3R
Dethrix Dethrix

Wyatt and Blair.png
Wyatt nodded along to everything the others said, making mental notes of their abilities. If this was a standard campaign, he'd have dashed to the homestead, guns blazing and brought his sword down upon every Goblin in sight. He still wasn't sure about the rules of this world. If they died, would they die outside of the game? He was running on that assumption for now, given how real things felt.

If he was wrong, all it meant was he had been overly-cautious. However, if he was in the right then that was a very different story.
"We can talk about our plan on the way. I still don't thinking using this good man..." He gestured to Patrick with an open hand "As bait is a good idea."
He wondered whether Patrick himself was alive. Their questgiver had emotions, and seemed to have a level of empathy at the very least but did that actually mean the Hafling was alive? If the man was a fake, then using him as bait for the sake of saving his fellow party members didn't seem like such a bad idea, but the moment the idea crossed his mind he glanced back at the Halfling.

His eyes met his and immediately he felt sick. He may have been an inhabitant of this fantasy realm, but behind his elderly eyes Wyatt saw someone no less real than somebody from say, Minnesota.
As he headed for the door, the Goblins crossed his mind. They may have been holding a family hostage, and throughout the years Wyatt had killed dozens of them with decent rolls of the dice but he found it difficult to picture himself driving his sword into their hearts, or blasting them with spells. As he marched out of the tavern door, he noticed a horse hitched to a post that immediately turned towards him.

It did not take him long to put two and two together. It's dark mane, and brown fur matched the description he had for Godfree's horse written on his character sheet. The man had never been on horseback and yet, he seemed to climb onto the saddle in his first attempt.
"There's room for one more if somebody wants it." He called to the party.

Blair remained seated on the table, watching as the Half-Elf got up to leave. She lowered her head once more, her eyes staring at her hands as she twiddled her thumbs. With a heavy sigh she shut her eyes and pictured home, wanting little more than for what was happening to be a bad dream. It was a vain attempt, but the woman pinched herself anyway. Taking a few deep breaths to compose herself, Blair finally stood up and made her way towards the door. Between Mark and the Half-Elf, she felt safer. Not from what the world was going to throw at them, but at the very least from the rugged man.

"It's not the first time you've had to keep your distance." She whispered to herself, walking outside. As soon as she was back next to the Half-Elf, her attention was drawn back towards the Goblins as plans ran through her head. Blair had played games a lot deadlier than 5E, so running in blindly was something she'd learned not to do the hard way.

Venchi1986 Venchi1986
EmWiley0816 EmWiley0816
Dethrix Dethrix

tags// [/class] [class=BackgroundPicture] Background:url(https://i.pinimg.com/564x/d9/c9/bf/d9c9bfeecc7cd23adce729f2fa10d11c.jpg); Padding:30px; //The background image that become the border// [/class] [class=BackgroundColor] padding:20px; background-color:#fbe7d1; Color:Black; //the solid block of color that makes the border appear as a border all your content will be in this box// [/class] [class=Name] float:right; margin-bottom:10px; text-align:center; border-radius:5px; background-color:#142740; padding:5px;color:#fbe7d1; width:calc(100% - 15% - 20px); //The Box around the name// [/class] [class=Img] border-right:10px SOLID #fbe7d1; border-bottom:5px SOLID #fbe7d1; width:15%; float:left; //this class has a border to create a false margin so the horizontal lines don't appear to go behind the image if you change the back ground you have to change the colors here too// [/class] [class=Image] border:1px SOLID #142740; line-height:0px; //The border around the image// [/class] [class=Line] border-top:1px SOLID #142740; margin-top:5px; margin-bottom:5px; //The tiny lines everywhere// //You can see here they have a set width, which is the shorter length, the bottom two lines have a specific 'style' which overrides what happens here to make them full length. if you need longer lines, copy and paste the style from the bottom two (be careful, they float right, making them too big at the top messes the code up) If you need the bottom lines to be shorter, delete the Style=" and such// [/class] [div class="BackgroundPicture"] [div class="BackgroundColor"] [div class="Img"] ye-xx-.jpg [div class="Image"] [/div][/div] [div class="Name"] Jesse Ravencroft | Javen Burrows[/div] Jesse shook his head slightly at the miscommunication. They'd taken his intentions far beyond what he'd meant, but given his previous statements, he'd understand why they thought his methods would be so cutthroat. After all, his first words to the group had revolved around slaughter. That much he blamed on the inner hatred within his Character, but for the moment at least he'd been able to wrestle it away.
"I have no intention of actually givin' up tha' head of our kind Brewer. Instead, my hope was that we could find a way ta' fake his appearance. If no one has tha' ability ta' do so, I could learn a ritual ta' make such an illusion." He offered, before pondering over his own suggestion. Jesse knew that as a last-minute addition to his character sheet he'd given Javen a few feats focused around bolstering the utility of the Blood Hunter. Specifically, the Ritual Caster ability granted him the option of learning any new ritual spells he could decipher. That being said, he'd still need to find a written version of the given spell and study it for hours before being able to even cast it. Nevertheless, he noticed that everyone seemed ready to move out. That much he understood, the body of Javen itself was urging him to leave and split skulls. But once more, Jesse suppressed his dastardly urges and proceeded to nod at the Halfling before he grabbed the map and pocketed it.
"We'll be needin' tha' first half of that payment about now, yeah?" Jesse added as he strode towards the main entrance of the establishment. As he made his way, he noticed an oversized backpack stuffed with all kinds of equipment left by the table he'd first stumbled away from. He recognized it as the adventuring pack that Javen was known to carry, simply due to the ridiculous amount of supplies bulging out from the leather bag. Without skipping a beat, Jesse marched over and threw the luggage across his backside before he continued on towards the exit. Upon leaving the Tavern, he stared almost in awe at the horse the knight had mounted. Jesse himself, being a city boy had never truly seen a horse in person before. The majestic nature of the beast simply brought shock to his features, which looked quite ridiculous coming from the face of the roughneck Javen. After shaking the surprise form his features, Jesse remembered once more that his Ritual Caster feat enabled him to bring forth a steed of his own. In Javen's travels as a Blood Hunter, he'd stolen a ritual to recreate the effects of the Phantom Steed invocation. Acknowledging the need for a ride, Jesse felt along the bloodstained leather of his armor in search for the compartment that housed Javen's Ritual Book. Within a few moments, he produced a miniature journal bound in the hide of monsters. Opening it up, he found the most atrocious handwriting he'd ever seen. Though, somehow he was able to understand the messy scribbles to be detailed notes on the casting of rituals. He flipped a few pages but eventually found exactly what he needed. The blood within his veins began to burn and boil, and it even glowed from underneath his skin as magic slowly began to take effect around him.
[div class="Line"][/div] Interacting: The Halfling Brewer | Mentioned: The Mad Queen The Mad Queen Clockwork Syringe Clockwork Syringe Venchi1986 Venchi1986 | Located: The Tavern [div class="Line" style="margin-bottom:0px;"][/div]
[/div]
Code by @AgWordSmith
[/div]

Last edited:

Mark watched as everyone began to leave, but noticed the somewhat subtle exchange between Blair and the rugged man. Noting how Blair felt he realized that this may evolve into a problem later on and that he needed to keep an eye on how this developed. However, he needed to tread carefully as if he made a misstep it would exacerbate the issue; this was something he desperately wanted to avoid. Following everyone's lead he stood up from the table and then wondered where all of his own items were as he noticed the rugged man go back to his own table and get a backpack full of items. Deciding to do the same, Mark found an equally bulging backpack. He silently cursed his overeagerness when creating Markus about how many tool proficiencies he had and how he would now be required to carry them. He would then make a mental note to invest in a bag of holding and then it hit him; he could actually make a bag of holding right now if he pleased. Rooting around in the large bag he found another one that would suffice as a suitable container. He would need to do this outside of the tavern to avoid glances. Despite this, he became aware of yet another individual who seemed to be in the situation, a woman who was wearing a dark hood and was gazing into an empty platter of food. ~Maybe I can entice her into asking about my magic and have her come over.~ To accomplish this he exited the tavern and touched the extra bag he had using up one of his empty infusion charges and the bag instantly transformed before he began to unload all of his stuff from one bag into the other. "If you guys want to store anything in here, please ask me first as this is a bag of holding. Oh and one other thing, we may have another similar comrade in the tavern still."

Interacting: The Mad Queen The Mad Queen Dethrix Dethrix Venchi1986 Venchi1986
Mentioned: Circe Circe

It seemed Danny and the knight weren't the only ones to head out, though the potential member of their group of otherworlders explained that he wasn't suggesting them killing their questgiver but that he wanted to make a facsimile of the man's head. That was honestly a lot more reasonable as well as a pretty clever plan. As he headed out the tavern he checked whether or not Ravalana's greatclub was really there and missed the way Annamaria was actin because he was more concerned about the Goblins. He had never killed anything after all, let alone creatures that were at least semi-sentient.

Once outside he immediately spotted his spirit guide standing next to the door and forgetting that he was only one who could see scratched the bear's chin affectionately. When the knight offered to let someone else ride on his horse as well he was tempted to take the offer but reconsidered. "If I though it could hold the two of us that might be nice but with my size that might be a bit too much. He did offer the young looking human his greatclub when he mentioned his bag of holding, keeping the lighter short bow and arrows.

Circe Circe
EmWiley0816 EmWiley0816
SP3CT3R SP3CT3R
Dethrix Dethrix

Wyatt and Blair.png
Wyatt nodded towards the rugged man "That would be a far better option. Still, it's something I'd rather discuss on the way." Of course there was another reason he wanted to get out of town. Away from the ears and eyes of it's inhabitants he'd be surrounded by nothing but the party, and that was the best time to ask about their situation.

At the request of Javen, Patrick nodded and handed each of the party members a coin pouch each.
"You can check if ye want. I am a man of me word." The Halfling stood at the entrance to the tavern, his arms by his side.
"Thank you good sir, rest assured we will do everything to bring them back alive." Wyatt nodded

When Mark brought up the bag, Blair couldn't help herself and the woman let out a chuckle. She tried to keep it in, of course but anybody paying attention to the woman could notice it. She kept one hand over her mouth, trying desperately to hide it but it was of little use.
She cleared her throat, and if the woman didn't already have red skin she was sure she'd have turned red from blushing.
"Sorry. I just, heard a funny story or two about those bags."
Resting her hands by her side, she approached Markus.
"I've got a few things, sure." The woman went through her own backpack, taking out the essentials. "If you're okay with it, that is."

Her eyes moved towards Wyatt and she shrugged.
"Sure, I could do with a lift. Please."
With one of his large hands, the Half-Elf reached down and helped Blair up onto his horse. The man had never been on the back of one in his entire life, and yet not only was mounting it easy but as he held the reigns he was filled with a sense of familiarity, as if the man had been on horseback dozens upon dozens of times. There were many things Ser Godfree did on a day to day basis that Wyatt had never even thought of doing, and he wondered if he'd feel the same way about using his sword or casting spells.

If that were the case, then maybe they'd survive this strange world so long as they were careful. He couldn't help but smile at the thought, but his eyes would move to Markus as he brought up others in the tavern.
"We'd best take a look, then." He glanced back at Blair "Do you mind taking the reigns for a minute?"
"I'm not sure, I've never..."

But before the woman could even finish her sentence, Wyatt jumped off of the horse's back and was marching towards the doors of the tavern. Gently pushing it open, his elf eyes scanned the establishment for anyone that seemed out of place. With everyone taking the look of fantasy creatures or medieval peasants it would be difficult but the man remained sharp. Body language would be the giveaway.

Outside, Blair slowly stretched out her hand and stroked the horse's mane.
"Good...Boy? Please don't throw me off." To say she was regretting her decision to climb onto the animal's back would be a minor understatement.

Venchi1986 Venchi1986
Dethrix Dethrix
Circe Circe

tags// [/class] [class=BackgroundPicture] Background:url(https://i.pinimg.com/564x/d9/c9/bf/d9c9bfeecc7cd23adce729f2fa10d11c.jpg); Padding:30px; //The background image that become the border// [/class] [class=BackgroundColor] padding:20px; background-color:#fbe7d1; Color:Black; //the solid block of color that makes the border appear as a border all your content will be in this box// [/class] [class=Name] float:right; margin-bottom:10px; text-align:center; border-radius:5px; background-color:#142740; padding:5px;color:#fbe7d1; width:calc(100% - 15% - 20px); //The Box around the name// [/class] [class=Img] border-right:10px SOLID #fbe7d1; border-bottom:5px SOLID #fbe7d1; width:15%; float:left; //this class has a border to create a false margin so the horizontal lines don't appear to go behind the image if you change the back ground you have to change the colors here too// [/class] [class=Image] border:1px SOLID #142740; line-height:0px; //The border around the image// [/class] [class=Line] border-top:1px SOLID #142740; margin-top:5px; margin-bottom:5px; //The tiny lines everywhere// //You can see here they have a set width, which is the shorter length, the bottom two lines have a specific 'style' which overrides what happens here to make them full length. if you need longer lines, copy and paste the style from the bottom two (be careful, they float right, making them too big at the top messes the code up) If you need the bottom lines to be shorter, delete the Style=" and such// [/class] [div class="BackgroundPicture"] [div class="BackgroundColor"] [div class="Img"] ye-xx-.jpg [div class="Image"] [/div][/div] [div class="Name"] Jesse Ravencroft | Javen Burrows[/div] He stumbled slightly as the most inner parts of his body began to heat with arcane power. Honestly, it was the weirdest sensation he'd ever experienced. It was almost as if something was forcing its way out of him, bubbling up from the deepest depths of his core and spreading out through his physical form. It was strangely slow, likely due to the ritual nature of the magic itself. Instead of everything happening all at once, the power surging out from him felt more like crawling lava in his veins. It wasn't explosive but simply destructive and unavoidable. Physically, his use of mysticism was rather obvious as it made the very blood within his system glow and pulse with a scarlet light. It wasn't too distracting, but glaringly out of place even in the adventurous new world, they found themselves in. As he continued to read the ritual within the small messy journal, shadows began to extend from nearby fixtures and pooled their dark mass a few feet in front of him as a murky pool of shifting nothingness. The darkness lacked shape and simply bulged aimlessly without any goal. The instructions told him clearly what to do from here, he had to feed the ritual material to build upon in order to construct his steed. The whole predicament was utterly insane, with the book alone he'd just stolen shadows for spell. How did that even work? Shadows were just the absence of light, not physical things to be directed. Yet here he was, intending to shape them into a creature he could ride. His doubt made the ritual waver, and he felt as the power began to wane from his body. With a shake of the head, he adjusted his focus and began to pump his imagination into the magical process. It was a labored procedure but the work came steady, plus it helped that Jesse had a real muse in the Knight's own horse, which now held the Tiefling woman atop of it. Step by step, he constructed a beast of shadow from the shifting pool of darkness. The steed didn't simply rise from a planar hole, but instead, Jesse had to craft every last appendage of the creature until it met its completion. A time-consuming process for sure, but the end result ushered forth a majestic steed wreathed in billowing darkness and scarlet vapor. By the time he finished, Jesse's mind felt numb as if he'd pushed it far beyond what it should've known. And in truth, that was what had occurred. A mortal mind, at least from where he was from, wasn't meant to do... this. To animate and create a dark facsimile of life. It made him want to sit down, but his body was restless after the use of such magic. It came as a second nature to this form, but Jesse himself was still bewildered by what he'd been able to do. He snapped back to reality as the horse neighed, completely shocking him out of his existential trance. The ritual had been completed, and the steed was now free to act and perform for roughly an hour before it would eventually lose shape. The eyes of the dark beast peered at him with a calculated coldness within, as if it recognized him in some way. Twice the creature rapped its stygian hooves across the cobblestoned roads and proceeded to huff a cloud of scarlet mist at Jesse directly. After batting away the magical discharge, he coughed but understood exactly the message being sent; the Phantom Steed was impatient and ready to take off. It made sense, given the limited nature of the conjuration itself, but still, they weren't quite ready to leave yet. With a huff, he proceeded to strap his heartily packed bag behind the materialized saddle being worn by the creature. After he secured his gear, Jesse mounted the shadow horse as if he'd done it a million times. He hadn't really put much thought into it, but the muscle memory alone enabled him to successfully get atop the all-black saddle that was bound to his steed. Jesse gave the reigns a few tugs reflexively and the creature trotted around in a small circle before it came to a rest once more, he was ready to ride. Though, he'd missed quite a few things in his haste to complete the ritual. After a moment of concentration, he recalled the conversations he'd glazed over during the intensity of his focus. He thought it'd be best to address them after he'd gotten a handle on the ridiculousness that was magic. He'd first have to talk to the Nobleman, who'd seemingly produced a magical artifact out of nowhere. After a moment of consideration, Jesse connected such an action to the gentleman's earlier indication of a hidden set of armor. Quickly, things were beginning to make sense.
"A bag of holdin'? Ya' can just make those that easy?" He remarked albeit in awe. Jesse had assumed the man was an Artificer, which was a class he'd never taken the time in his own life to really give much attention, so he knew little when it came to such capabilities. But still, how useful was that? I mean really, they could probably stuff a few goblin's in it if things got too hectic. After all, any creature within such a container for too long would simply suffocate, no fighting required. Nevertheless, Jesse rather liked the nature of Javen's equipment filled bag. After all, it had been a staple of his character during his initial creation. That being said, he had no desire to part with his gear when the horse he'd just brought into being could carry the load.
"On anotha' day, could I trouble ya' ta' turn my bag inta' a Handy Haversack? That'd be more my style." Jesse inquired with a gleam of both curiosity and interest in his bloodshot eyes, which still retained a glimmer of a glow in each of the visible veins. He meant what he said, a haversack would suit his needs quite neatly while retaining the rustic adventurer vibe Javen had going. Plus, it'd have less of a chance of being a potential hazard. With such a request hanging in the air, Jesse proceeded to turn his attention to the Firbolg who seemingly had no ride.
"Friend, given a few more minutes I should be able ta' conjure somethin' to help ya' tag along. But, if ya' happen ta' have a spell that can manifest a steed, I'd suggest it. Ya' seem ta' be nature-based, maybe conjure an animal?" He offered simply. Hidden quite obviously in his speech, was a clear nudge towards what appeared to be a druid using the Conjure Animals spell in order to obtain transportation. If not, Jesse could always expend a bit more of his own power to make use of his Floating Disc ritual, which would allow him to proposition an unusual mode of travel. Lastly, Jesse turned his attention to the demonic woman who had been left alone on the Knight's noble mount. With a slight twist of his reigns, Javen's Phantom Steed clopped it's way towards her as he attempted to smooth things over. It was obvious that he'd come across entirely the wrong way before, and he desperately wanted to right that wrong. He'd allowed the hatred of a man no longer present to rule over him, but for now, he was in control of how he acted. And with such an opportunity he wanted to make things right. Of course, the closer he got the harder it became to hold back the heated bitterness.
"Ahem, I believe I owe ya' an apology..." Jesse began before letting his sentence linger without followup in order to gauge her reaction. If she seemed uncomfortable or repulsed, he'd simply give her distance rather that unwanted attention. But if this lady was in the same predicament he was, as he suspected, then they all needed to be on the same page. All he could do was wait, and observe.
[div class="Line"][/div] Interacting: Markus Barton, Ravalana, and Blair Tuama | Mentioned: The Mad Queen The Mad Queen Clockwork Syringe Clockwork Syringe Venchi1986 Venchi1986 | Located: The Tavern [div class="Line" style="margin-bottom:0px;"][/div]
[/div]
Code by @AgWordSmith
[/div]

Last edited:
Blair Tuama/Circe
Another Tiefling.jpg

Blair's yellow eyes fixed on the tavern, awaiting the return of the Knight. His horse hadn't thrown her off just yet, but she wasn't holding her breath. Just as she was focusing on Wyatt's horse, a Phantom Steed appeared before the group. She gulped, certain that the horse would surely toss her to the ground now at the sudden appearance of such a creature and yet...It paid absolutely no attention.

She scratched her head, raising an eyebrow only for her head to slowly pan down. If both hands were locked around the reigns of the horse, then what was she scratching the back of her head with? Blair slowly panned around and let out a yelp as she noticed her tail was doing it. Jumping back, she almost threw herself off of the horse. She wasn't exactly the most agile person, in fact some regarded her as a bit clumsy and yet somehow she didn't hit the ground. She kept her balance on the back of an animal she'd never had any experience with.
The creature seemed to take little notice of this, merely glancing back at the entrance to the tavern as it patiently awaited Wyatt's return, caring little for the antics of the party.

With that drama out of the way, Blair tried to relax, loosening her grip on the reigns as she rested a hand under her chin and thought about what her near encounter with the floor meant. Did this mean she not only had all of Circe's skills, but also her muscle memory? Would casting spells be as easy as avoiding hitting her head on the pavement?

As she thought about what Circe could do, picturing her character sheet in her mind Blair noticed that the rugged man was approaching her on his Phantom Steed.
Shit. Shit. Shit. He's coming right over. What do I do? She thought to herself, trying to keep a neutral expression. Her eyes scanned around, searching for other party members. If he made a move, she'd have to rely on them.
She leaned back on the horse, attempting to sit up straight and make herself seem taller. All the while she started to prepare.

Preparing herself for an attack, or trying to come up with some kind of retort for a threat but the rugged man did something Blair wasn't expecting at all. He was apologising for something. She could barely manage to get any words out.
"Wait, what for?"

Venchi1986 Venchi1986
Dethrix Dethrix

tags// [/class] [class=BackgroundPicture] Background:url(https://i.pinimg.com/564x/d9/c9/bf/d9c9bfeecc7cd23adce729f2fa10d11c.jpg); Padding:30px; //The background image that become the border// [/class] [class=BackgroundColor] padding:20px; background-color:#fbe7d1; Color:Black; //the solid block of color that makes the border appear as a border all your content will be in this box// [/class] [class=Name] float:right; margin-bottom:10px; text-align:center; border-radius:5px; background-color:#142740; padding:5px;color:#fbe7d1; width:calc(100% - 15% - 20px); //The Box around the name// [/class] [class=Img] border-right:10px SOLID #fbe7d1; border-bottom:5px SOLID #fbe7d1; width:15%; float:left; //this class has a border to create a false margin so the horizontal lines don't appear to go behind the image if you change the back ground you have to change the colors here too// [/class] [class=Image] border:1px SOLID #142740; line-height:0px; //The border around the image// [/class] [class=Line] border-top:1px SOLID #142740; margin-top:5px; margin-bottom:5px; //The tiny lines everywhere// //You can see here they have a set width, which is the shorter length, the bottom two lines have a specific 'style' which overrides what happens here to make them full length. if you need longer lines, copy and paste the style from the bottom two (be careful, they float right, making them too big at the top messes the code up) If you need the bottom lines to be shorter, delete the Style=" and such// [/class] [div class="BackgroundPicture"] [div class="BackgroundColor"] [div class="Img"] ye-xx-.jpg [div class="Image"] [/div][/div] [div class="Name"] Jesse Ravencroft | Javen Burrows[/div] She responded, and that at least was a good sign. But he could tell that his presence wasn't one she was comfortable around, yet his question had shocked her. That much he could understand, as Javen's outward appearance wasn't one that suggested the idea of an apology. Still, he owed it to her to at least try to smooth things over given the nature of things at this point.
"Well, I-uh." Jesse paused as he attempted to figure out the correct way of explaining things. He didn't want to step too far out of character, from a fear of being exposed as a foreigner to such a realm. But at the same time, he still had a duty to offer peace and set things at ease.
"When I first awoke here, I wasn't fully myself? Still not, things feel... Off. I had a few thoughts and emotions that weren't exactly my own. They weren't mine, but I allowed them ta' make me act out." He spoke, as he attempted to provide the best clarification he could. It was strange, tiptoeing around the circumstance at hand. He hoped he'd provided enough context for her to understand his intentions. After all, he couldn't imagine how he would have felt put in her shoes. Waking up to a new world, in a body with completely alien physiology? At least Javen had been human, so it hadn't been too much of a shock. But she'd had her entire species changed, and then had to deal with Javen's antics.
"So, I hope that if I seemed rude or aggressive that ya' could forgive me. I have a feelin' we'll all be needin' ta' rely on one anotha'." Jesse finished solemnly. Though things were weird, it was worth the awkwardness.
[div class="Line"][/div] Interacting: Blair Tuama | Mentioned: The Mad Queen The Mad Queen | Located: The Tavern [div class="Line" style="margin-bottom:0px;"][/div]
[/div]
Code by @AgWordSmith
[/div]

Mark Ortega/Markus Barton.

Mark immediately got some responses to the offer he had made of utilizing his bag of holding much to his surprise and unsurprisingly. Turning to the Firbolg who offered his greatclub to be put in Mark shook his head. "Unfortunately as much as I'd like to it won't fit in the bag, sorry about that." However, as he continued to do so and was starting to finish up with his tools, Blair offered some of her essentials to be put in the bag. This would not be an issue at all as they could easily fit in them. Finishing up, the rugged man came over and was in awe of his magical aptitude in terms of creating magic items out of nothing. "A bag of holdin'? Ya' can just make those that easy?"
"Indeed I can," Mark responded. "Through my training I've been able to conjure a wide variety of items such as..." Mark rooted around for his alchemy jug, but couldn't find it. He then remembered that the alchemy jug was most likely sacrificed to create the bag of holding. "Well it seems I can only have 2 magic items active at once."
"On anotha' day, could I trouble ya' ta' turn my bag inta' a Handy Haversack? That'd be more my style."
"A handy haversack is something that I'm not able to make with my magical abilities, however, if I can receive or acquire the materials I can easily craft it." Having now deposited all of his items into the bag, Mark was surprised that it felt so light; it must have been the magic. Upon hearing Blair's request to the horse a small chuckle escaped Mark's mouth before a small smirk appeared on his face. Seeing the rugged man engage with Blair in an attempt to apologize for his behavior made him feel relieved he wasn't sure if he would have had to do something, but now it looked as though it would resolve itself. At this point all Mark could do was lean against the tavern wall and await any further instructions, interactions, or the all clear to move out.

Danny was a bit disappointed his greatclub didn't fit in the bag but realized there had to be limits to any item. The man dressed in black got his attention again due to the shadows collecting in front of him. Just as he was about to aks what was going on the darkness took on the form of a horse and slowly seemed to become more "real" for lack of a better term. As he stood there amazed by the magical feat he missed Wyatt leaving. Before he could say anything the man suggested that he summon his own horse. Danny was about to object that he had no idea how to do it, completely missing the hint towards using Conjure Animal when he suddenly realized he did know a spel that could help and began casting it somehow knowing exactly what to say and what movements to make

""Spirits, head my call. Come oh fey and take on the form of horses to carry us." He gestured in the direction of an open spot, large enough to large to fit a horse for each party member that didn't have one yet. Small balls with different colors light with what looked like wings appeared there seemingly out of thin air and slowly became larger and more solid, while also changing form ending up with four legs, a tail and a head. For a brief second they resembled a bunch of oddly colored horses with fairy wings growing from their sides before the wings faded away, their coloration becoming more normal at the same time.

Circe Circe
EmWiley0816 EmWiley0816
SP3CT3R SP3CT3R
Dethrix Dethrix

Blair Tuama/Circe
Another Tiefling.jpg

Blair leaned back as the man explained himself. Was it possible that all of them had side effects? She had seemingly picked up on Circe's muscle memory, but what about aspects of her personality? The idea caused a shiver to run down her spine, as from what she recalled her character was often...Unpleasant to say the least. However, Blair knew the character. Maybe she could fight off her influences if push came to shove? If the rugged man had taken on aspects immediately after waking up, was it even possible that subconsciously she was resting Circe's influences?

She stopped thinking about it, instead watching the rugged man.
"It's fine." She offered the man a smile "I'm just relieved that you're one of us and not some angry local. It's a scary situation, and I think we're all dealing with it in our own way."
She rubbed the back of her head, turning away slightly "I guess I'm glad I don't have to do this alone. Not sure how friendly this world is to what I am. If I'd have known I'd be in the body of my character I'd have played it safe and gone for a Half-Elf." She chuckled slightly.
Taking the reins of the horse, she tried to move it forward but the creature wouldn't budge, it's gaze was still fixed on the entrance to the tavern. "Oh for God's sake..."

Blair rolled her eyes and jumped off of the horse with ease, approaching the side of the Phantom Steed and offering the rugged man a handshake.
"I'm Blair."

With her hand still raised up to the man, her head spun around at the sound of one of the fellow party members calling.
"Spirits, head my call. Come oh fey and take on the form of horses to carry us."

The woman almost jumped back as more horses were spawned from nowhere, but just about managed to keep her cool. The same could not be said for the local inhabitants for Blair watched as a human man pushing a wheelbarrow full of potatoes let out a yell and toppled over, almost taking the barrow down with him as it swayed to the side, nearly toppling ontop of the man.

Venchi1986 Venchi1986
Dethrix Dethrix

tags// [/class] [class=BackgroundPicture] Background:url(https://i.pinimg.com/564x/d9/c9/bf/d9c9bfeecc7cd23adce729f2fa10d11c.jpg); Padding:30px; //The background image that become the border// [/class] [class=BackgroundColor] padding:20px; background-color:#fbe7d1; Color:Black; //the solid block of color that makes the border appear as a border all your content will be in this box// [/class] [class=Name] float:right; margin-bottom:10px; text-align:center; border-radius:5px; background-color:#142740; padding:5px;color:#fbe7d1; width:calc(100% - 15% - 20px); //The Box around the name// [/class] [class=Img] border-right:10px SOLID #fbe7d1; border-bottom:5px SOLID #fbe7d1; width:15%; float:left; //this class has a border to create a false margin so the horizontal lines don't appear to go behind the image if you change the back ground you have to change the colors here too// [/class] [class=Image] border:1px SOLID #142740; line-height:0px; //The border around the image// [/class] [class=Line] border-top:1px SOLID #142740; margin-top:5px; margin-bottom:5px; //The tiny lines everywhere// //You can see here they have a set width, which is the shorter length, the bottom two lines have a specific 'style' which overrides what happens here to make them full length. if you need longer lines, copy and paste the style from the bottom two (be careful, they float right, making them too big at the top messes the code up) If you need the bottom lines to be shorter, delete the Style=" and such// [/class] [div class="BackgroundPicture"] [div class="BackgroundColor"] [div class="Img"] ye-xx-.jpg [div class="Image"] [/div][/div] [div class="Name"] Jesse Ravencroft | Javen Burrows[/div] He nodded at the Artificer's response, obviously, it couldn't be that easy. And if his memory served, the Handy Haversack was a rare item so he wasn't too surprised overall. It was definitely a bit of a disappointment, but given enough time perhaps he could find the proper equipment in order to have it made. Nevertheless, for now, he'd just shoulder his bustling bag and keep things pushing. After all, they did have a quest to get too. At the same time as he came to such a conclusion, the Firbolg managed to conjure forth a great deal of what he presumed to be fae spirits. The creatures went from dazzling lights with beautiful dainty wings, to full-blown horses within seconds, trouncing the speed of his own Ritual that had taken him ten minutes to form one steed. That was the power of true spellcasting after all, mindboggling power almost instantaneously in some cases. While Jesse's own act of magic had amazed him, this was something entirely different. He felt like a little kid lost in wonderland here, and yet he was loving almost everything about the circumstances. Of course, the fact that they'd have to mow through living creatures didn't necessarily give him a warm feeling. Nevertheless, the spell's effects were grand and something to be marveled at.
"Damn..." He murmured before he pulled himself out of his shock to listen to what the young woman had started to say. Though he'd been attempting to explain himself while still acting out the character and mannerisms of Javen, she had completely cut straight to the chase. It gave Jesse a bit of relief, to know that his suspicions had been correct. He wasn't alone here, but in fact they probably all were in the same boat. What exactly was happening, he had virtually no clue. But at least they were all in the circumstance together.
"Actually yeah, I've just been tryin' to play my role. But look, there's no excuse for any kind of discrimination. If anyone tries somethin', I'll use all this anger on em'. In all honesty, I think it's pretty cool that you're a... Tieflin'." Jesse spoke truthfully, offering a bit of a smile as he spoke. It appeared strange as if Javen's face wasn't accustomed to accommodating such an expression. But still, it reflected the happiness in his eyes. He then watched her drop from the horse at it's lack of a response, and he followed suit to meet her with the handshake. He gripped her hand firmly but made sure not to be excessive in force. Just enough to hopefully be reassuring, but additionally leave a lasting impression. That was the way his Uncle had taught him at least, lessons that seemed so far away now. At the mention of her name, he gave an appreciative smirk.
" Javen, I'm glad we could work things out." He replied simply, before turning away to hold back his reaction to the sudden apparition of the horses.
[div class="Line"][/div] Interacting: Markus Barton, Ravalana, and Blair Tuama | Mentioned: The Mad Queen The Mad Queen Clockwork Syringe Clockwork Syringe Venchi1986 Venchi1986 | Located: The Tavern [div class="Line" style="margin-bottom:0px;"][/div]
[/div]
Code by @AgWordSmith
[/div]

Last edited:
Due to his focus being on the spell he somehow knew, Danny once missed something done by a member of his party, despite his apparently high perception. This time he failed to take notice of Blair's introduction. He definitely noticed the potato mishap he caused though and feeling responsible decided to help the man to recollect them. That said for reasons he couldn't explain he did take two of the tubers for himself and tried to stealthily hide them in his Explorers pack

Circe Circe
EmWiley0816 EmWiley0816
SP3CT3R SP3CT3R
Dethrix Dethrix

Wyatt and Blair.png

"I tend to go with them or Half-Orcs." Blair gave the rugged man, who she now knew as Javen a smile, keeping her voice low "Played a Kenku once too but I played World of Darkness of Call of Cthulhu before D&D...So I guess this situation could be a lot worse for me."
A Tiefling was one thing, but at least she had powers. Blair didn't fancy her chances of survival if she woke up as a private investigator in 1920s New England battling cults and Eldritch horrors from the deep, and even if she was granted powers by it, waking up as her Malkavian character would probably have spelt disaster as well.
Then there was Changeling. She shuddered at the thought. The woman would probably only last about five minutes before a True Key dragged her into Arcadia.
"Glad to know you've got my back. Just don't let loose against someone who doesn't deserve it, okay? I don't want you or anyone else getting into trouble because of me."

Wyatt emerged from the tavern with a human wearing a cloak behind him. She would quietly introduce herself to the party as Anamaria, and climb onto one of the Fey steeds. Trevor, Jessie and Roux would follow along, sharing room on the horses amongst the others as they remained relatively quiet, each preparing in their own way for the fight ahead.

The Half-Elf noticed the potato man and rushed over to help.
"Are you alright, sir?"
"I'll be fine. Just got a spook from you adventuring types. Those bloomin' horses jumped in from nowhere!"
"Well, I assure you that the steeds mean no harm and that we will be out of your way soon enough. Good luck with your farm."

With that, Wyatt mounted his own horse, with Blair following along.
"We'd best be off then. Keep your eyes peeled while we're on the road. These Goblins may have set up traps along the way."

His horse was the first to leave the town, leading the others away from the walls of Kenton and onto the surrounding roads. A few travelers, moving on horseback and pulling carriages passed them by, heading towards the safety of the walls rather than away from them. After a few minutes of riding, the roads became clear and the group were surrounded by nothing but wildlife. A few birds, the occasional hare or fox moved through the greenery but seemed to pay little attention to the party.

Scanning the area, Wyatt cleared his throat
"I suppose now would be the best time to talk properly. My name, my real name is Wyatt Harmon and I'm a Vice Principal from Minnesota. I have no idea how we all ended up here but I might have an idea as to how we can escape. It's just a theory right now, but it's all I've got."

Venchi1986 Venchi1986
Dethrix Dethrix

Mark finished his packing and then noticed several steeds being summoned right next to him. He himself was unfazed by this occurence due to his video games and table top experience, but that wasn't the case for a nearby denizen. Upon seeing this they reacted as any sane person would, with shock. Chuckling under his breath Mark then mounted one of the horses that were nearby as he did not have any other form of transportation unlike Blair, the armored individual, the half elf, and the rugged individual. Smiling to himself about how his armor was going to be unobtrusive to the horse, whatever horse this was, he then followed right after the Armored individual and Blair keeping pace with them in the group.

Exiting the town Mark began to appreciate the surrounding landscapes and inhabitants. A small breeze began to roll through the beaten dirt path that any other travelers were upon followed by the audible creak of wooden wheels. All of this added to the soft *plop* *plop* that the horses hooves made as they marked their direction in the path. He swore he could hear some critters in the underbrush and around them and true to his senses he saw several chirping birds and hares running from yipping foxes. It was like the last RPG video game he played that he could immerse himself in; he never would have imagined that he would have been as immersed as this. It was at this point that the armored man cleared his throat and explained himself and who he was. It was all but certain previously, but now without a shadow of a doubt this man, Wyatt, was one of them. Seeing Wyatt's first move Mark seized upon the opportunity to contribute.

"My Real name is Mark Ortega while I go by Markus here, for ease of access you could refer to me as Mark if you guys wanted to. I am a engineer from a consulting firm, hence why I'm an artificer."

Wyatt and Blair.png

"It's nice to meet you, Mark. Where are you from?" Wyatt asked, offering him a smile. Even if they were now all in the same world, Wyatt was very much aware that the members of the group could be from entirely different worlds back on Earth. He would like to learn what he could, not only because the idea of going home was something to strive for, but he was genuinely curious.

Blair leaned back on the horse, listening in as the party introduced themselves. Wyatt was a Vice Principal, Mark an engineer. She wasn't sure how old Mark could be outside of the game, but Wyatt would've had to have been in his thirties or forties to be in his kind of position. With Wyatt, the two were an entire ocean away but she wasn't sure about Mark. He could've lived in the same city as her for all she knew, but they were only meeting now.

A few of the other group members started to introduce themselves at the same time, taking it in turns almost like the party were part of a very peculiar alcoholics anonymous. Trevor was the first to go, and although the Githzerai didn't tell people where he was from, he pointed out to the group that he was still in college. Much like Mark, he had an interest in engineering and was in the process of working towards his degree.
Much like Blair, he'd made the rather unfortunate decision to pick a race most people wouldn't be too friendly towards, but he could disguise himself due to the mask and hood.
"Did I also mention that I'm a Monk?" Although the others could not see it, Trevor was smiling a little behind his mask.

Although Trevor wanted to talk at length about his character, he was aware of the party around him and the situation.
"Who's next, then?"

Anamaria spoke up. She didn't share much, only her name and that she was from Romania. The young woman had only met the group mere moments ago, and wasn't sure on just how much to share. They were all in the same situation, sure but did that mean she could trust all of them?
The Aasimar followed after, and in his booming voice descended from Mount Celestia introduced himself, saying that his real name was Jessie. The young woman was in her junior year of college, studying the sciences.

"So you're a girl?" Blair asked, Jessie's words finally getting her to speak up "I'm sorry, it must be hard waking up like that."
"I'll be fine. This is only temporary and if the worst comes to it, one of the boys can teach me a thing or two." She laughed, getting a smile from both Blair and Wyatt. "I'll also be your Cleric for this adventure."
"Oh, thank God." Blair sighed "Every party needs one, after all."

Jessie's situation did catch the attention of another party member, a second Half-Elf with braided hair.
"Glad I'm not the only one. I'm Roux." She said, quietly "It's actually my first time playing D&D."
"I swear it's not always like this." Jessie offered the other girl a smile

The girl didn't say much else, only that she wanted to get home as soon as possible to look after her pets.
"It is nice to meet all of you. I just wish our circumstances were different." Wyatt called back.

The situation that Jessie and Roux found themselves in almost made Blair want to kick herself. This entire time she thought she'd had it the worst out of the party, waking up as a species that didn't just have an extra limb for her to get used to, but was despised by many. At least it was a body she could be familiar with, grow to be comfortable with if her stay in this new world turned out to be longer than hoped. Waking up as a different gender seemed like a complete nightmare scenario in the woman's mind.

"I'm Blair." She spoke up "I'm not exactly sure what there is to say, to be honest. I'm not really all that interesting." She shrugged.

Venchi1986 Venchi1986
Dethrix Dethrix

Users who are viewing this thread

Back