• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Roll Initiative: A D&D Game with a Twist (Out of Character Chat)

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
I'm thinking either Monk or Bloodhunter. Definitely playing a martial class, though.

Quick question if I cast a spell after a long rest can I still set my spellslots for that day or do I have to rest another 8 hours?

This is my interpretation, however the final call would be for The Mad Queen The Mad Queen . You would only get to choose your spells in the morning and after a long rest not a short rest.

Yeah I agree with that my question was if I have an unused spell can I use it before setting new ones without resting in between, ie wake up from a long rest, cast and then choose for the day? I do understand that it counts for my total number of spells for that day

Yeah I agree with that my question was if I have an unused spell can I use it before setting new ones without resting in between, ie wake up from a long rest, cast and then choose for the day? I do understand that it counts for my total number of spells for that day
I'm a bit confused by your wording, do you mean that you would use the spell, rest and then choose your new spells? You need to rest to change your spells regardless.

I'm a bit confused by your wording, do you mean that you would use the spell, rest and then choose your new spells? You need to rest to change your spells regardless.
I mean long rest cast a spell I have left over from the previous day then choose after that

I mean long rest cast a spell I have left over from the previous day then choose after that
Then no, you would lose your spell once you long rested. You would need to cast it before you rested to gain the full benefits of it. Also from what I understand, spirit shamans must prepare spells daily similar to wizards and my class the artificer.

Then no, you would lose your spell once you long rested. You would need to cast it before you rested to gain the full benefits of it. Also from what I understand, spirit shamans must prepare spells daily similar to wizards and my class the artificer.

Got it, thanks

Why don't we just not worry about spell slots. If we're gonna keep track of rest-based abilities, we might as well play D&D with dice and stuff.

Why don't we just not worry about spell slots. If we're gonna keep track of rest-based abilities, we might as well play D&D with dice and stuff.

Yeah I think that's a much better idea.

I think if we have characters having to recharge in some way at least, it'll help with balance though. Not necessarily taking long and short rests like an actual game but perhaps only being able to cast so many at a time.

Yeah, I thought that since the character history was optional that I could reformat the Haunted One background. Let me know if it needs to be changed.
Nonono! I was just wondering because it sounded very familar. Although I'm not in charge of the thread Mad Queen is so its their decision if it needs to be; although I dont see why it would its a great background.

Nonono! I was just wondering because it sounded very familar. Although I'm not in charge of the thread Mad Queen is so its their decision if it needs to be; although I dont see why it would its a great background.
Fair, thanks. Here's to hoping y'know? But yeah, very cookie cutter in that department.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back