What's new
  • This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

    Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Roll Initiative: A D&D Game with a Twist

Sub Genres
Action, Adventure, Historical, LGTBQ Friendly, Magical, Super Powers, Supernatural, Zombies
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

The Mad Queen

Time to kick gum & chew ass, & I'm all out of ass
Dungeon Master.jpg

We have all seen fantasy stories. In story books, long and short and in movies and on television, both good and bad. You have watched as Fellowships formed, heroes fell and evil died. Many of us experienced fantasy stories in the form of role playing games, rolling Dice at a table with friends or in the form of videogames. We have played as brave heroes battling against the forces of darkness or dastardly villains trying to spread it.

Many of us have just played the idiots saving the world because money was involved, they had nothing better to do or perhaps even that they just so happened to live nearby... Let's be honest.

(Most D&D parties)

However, a few individuals will be experiencing a fantasy story first hand, willingly or not.
You are one of them.

After searching for a party, you received an invitation to a game via Roll20, an app that allows for online tabletop games. Although you never saw their face, the DM seemed good enough, passionate about the story they were going to try and tell but also excited to run for your character as you discussed things via chat. Not only did the game match up with your schedule, but the passion behind the Dungeon Master was enough to reel you in.

At the first session, you had your character and dice ready, eager to get started.

That was when everything went black.

You wake up, and find that you are not in your own body anymore. Your computer, and the room you played in is gone, replaced with something else. A different world. This new world has many dangers, and most of them are not at your level. Orcs, the Undead , the odd Dragon. So many dangers that have claimed many a PC or even entire parties in the past are now real to you.

1.) Cap on characters per player is 2. Should you want to create a new character upon reaching your limit you will have to write them out of the story or place them in Redshirt Status (see Character Sign-up for details)
2.) Cap on players for this RP is 9.
3.) You cannot kill somebody else's character without their consent and the GM won't kill characters without giving a warning first. If it looks like your character is about to do something outright suicidal, I will give you a chance to save them. Your actions in RP will have consequences, so keep that in mind.

4.) Please try to be respectful towards each other. In-character conflict is fine but OOC hostility is not.
5.) I expect you to post at least once a week. If you go without posting for an entire week with no reason given I will assume you have left the RP and so will wait another week before outright killing off your character and offering your slot up to a new player.

6.) All players are expected to keep up with posts. We write these posts to build a story together, not to ignore the works of others. You wouldn't want your posts ignored, so don't do it to them. There isn't a real way of me enforcing this rule, so it's just a rule of thumb for respecting the work of other players. I also expect you to at least take a look at the lore page before joining.

7.) A like from me (and only me) means your character has been accepted.

This RP also has a discord server, the link to which can be found here: https://www.rpnation.com/threads/discord-server-for-roll-initiative-rp.464021/
 
Last edited:

The Mad Queen

Time to kick gum & chew ass, & I'm all out of ass
Our Adventure begins in the same way that most do...
Prologue: You all Meet in a Tavern
Those were the last words to enter your mind before everything went black. You find yourself sat down at a wooden table, alone; your head somewhat dizzy. As a fire roars to ward off the cold, and humans, Elves and Halfings alike are served tankards of ale, mead and bottles of wine the music of a bard's instrument fills your ears...It takes you a moment but you soon realise that you aren't in your house anymore. In fact, you aren't even in your own body.

Wyatt Hamon/Ser Godfree
Wyatt stroked his head as his eyes adjusted, finding his vision blurred. On instinct, the teacher reached for his glasses to adjust them only to find that they weren't on his face. With a light sigh, he started to pat himself down. Although the man only took his glasses off to clean them, to shower or to sleep he still felt the need to check his pockets.

That was the moment he stopped, for his hand made contact with something hard and metallic. He blinked several times as his vision adjusted, the room around him becoming clearer by the second and his vision moving downwards. Just why was he wearing armour, and how was he even able to see so clearly without his glasses?
The first place Wyatt's mind went to was the idea that he'd fallen asleep right at the start of the session and he found himself chuckling. It would be embarrassing for sure, but the man had been up to 2am the night before grading papers. Tutting, he moved to pinch himself...And felt it. Raising an eyebrow, he moved to pinch himself again.

"On the house for you, Sir Knight..." A voice from behind him kicked Wyatt out of his daze and he watched with wide eyes as a Half-Orc woman wearing an apron set a tankard down in front of him.
"Umm...Thank you."

He gasped, covering his mouth as the woman left. The voice that had exited his lungs was not his own, but instead a grand and booming voice. His eyes darted around the tavern once more, finding a window at the entrance. Dashing towards it, the Vice Principal took one good look at the reflection staring back at him with wide eyes, and watched as it's jaw dropped.



"Ser...Ser Godfree?" He muttered to himself "This cannot be real."

Blair Tuama/Circe
Blair awoke with her head face down on the table with what felt like a mild hangover and let out a quiet groan. It took the woman a few moments to remember what she was last doing and she quickly shot up.
"The session! Shit! Did I miss it?" She paused "What?" Another voice, one she was not familiar with escaped her lungs and the woman's eyes moved around in disbelief once she realised where she was sitting. Of course, Blair did not have long to take in the scenery before she noticed something else. There was something attached to her back.

The woman slowly brought her head around, staring at the red, pointed tail with eyes the size of dinner plates.
"Oh. My. God."

She tried to get up and run, only to stand on it and let out a slight yelp in pain. With a frustrated groan, she picked it up and darted for the back of the tavern. It did not take her long to find what passed for a washroom, and although the smell assaulted her nostrils and in any other circumstance might have made the woman feel sick there was simply too much running through her mind.

Of course, the washroom had no mirror so instead the woman darted back out, her eyes frantically scanning the tavern for any sign of a reflective surface. A window caught her view and she dashed towards it.
Another Tiefling.jpg

When the woman saw what was starting back at her, she held in the urge to scream. Instead, she started to breathe heavily and pushed the door open.



Falling to her knees with her breathing only becoming more rapid, Blair stared out at the town that lay before her.
 

Clockwork Syringe

The Night Blade
Mark Ortega/Markus Barton

9047e9bdb7b7f0ca42c13a8d7b6bcee7.jpg

Mark woke up and was surprised to see that he was in a bar of all places; a rather rustic looking bar like the ones you would see in Germany. ~What the hell? did I get blackout drunk and miss the session? Motherf-" He then suddenly looked around and noticed a few out of place items. First, there were a great deal of elves or rather people pretending to be elves. ~Did I walk into a cosplay meeting or something?~ Sitting up straight he then decided to get his bearings, looking around there were more items that stood very much out of place. People were wearing armor, people were nodding at him appreciatively, more possible cosplayers and this was getting weirder and weirder. It did not add up at all, until he looked down at himself to see what his clothes were not his own. He was wearing white gloves, a blue belted coat and a black shirt with trousers. Looking around again with a worried expression his eyes found a window and then it became crystal clear, he was his character the noble born Markus Barton. ~What in the world?~ Mark suddenly cursed. ~Ok calm down, Mark there must be an explanation as to what is going on.~

He then noticed a tiefling, open the door and look out into the streets. ~I better figure out what's going on, maybe the Tiefling knows what's what around here, probably an NPC i need to talk to or something." Getting up from his table, he walked over to the Tiefling and started to speak. "Miss, is everything ok?" came out in a voice that was not his and his eyes widened invountarily to hearing a voice that was not his own exit his mouth.

Mentioned: The Mad Queen The Mad Queen
 

Venchi1986

Senior Member
The firtst though that came to Danny's mind after waking up in the tavern and seeing his own blue colored hands was that someone had drugged him somehow and he was hallucinating but Occam's razor quickly ruled it out. Not o-ly was it way too farfetched and sounded like something from a tv show or comic he hadn't eaten anything he didn't prepare himself. That just left the far more likely explanation of the whole thing being a dream, though that didn't explain why the last thing he remembered was the DM starting the first adventure of his first d&d game.

Before he could ponder the whole situation more he noticed several other people seemingly freaking out, a knight who seemed strangely focused on his appearance, some kinda demonic woman who ran out the tavern and some who as far as he could tell was checking up on her. If those two, maybe three, were in the same boat as him he didn't blame for reacting like that. In fact he himself was pretty close to screaming himself but he felt it was important to stay cal. He took some deep breaths and moved to the quietest corner to think, doing his best to ignore the other customers as the tavern was a bit too busy to his liking.

Firbolg Magic: You can cast detect magic and disguise self with this trait. Once you cast this spell you cannot be allowed to cast this spell again with this trait until you have finished a short or long rest. Whenever you use this skill you may seem up to 3 feet shorter than normal allowing you to the more easily blend with both humans and Elves.

Cantrips
Druidcraft
Mending
Produce Flame

Spells ( 6 a day)
Level 1 spells
Create or destroy water
Entangle
Goodberry
Cure Wounds

Level 2 spells
Heat Metal
Moonbeam
Spikegrowth

Level 3 spells
Wind Wall
Conjure Animals
 

The Mad Queen

Time to kick gum & chew ass, & I'm all out of ass
Blair Tuama/Circe
With her hands resting on the side of her head, Blair's breathing continued to quicken.
"Shit." She whispered to herself "Okay." Her eyes scanned the town before her, finding a wagon with a blue stripe painted on the side. Her eyes next moved to a stall, where a pudgy, short man with a beard and broad shoulders had a blue flat cap, then onto the banners draped over a nearby stone building. The final item was actually the coat of a man standing over her.
Five items, all blue. It was something the woman intensely focused on as her breathing started to slow down. As she started to regain control. With her mind locked into a state of panic, she could barely work out what the man with the blue coat had said to her.

"Sorry." Blair cleared her throat, standing to her feet and dusting herself off "Do you have any idea what's going on? The last thing I remember is sitting at my desk, and then I woke up in that tavern." She left out the part about the computer, as if the man wasn't aware of anything he'd have no idea what a computer even was. She avoided looking at the red skin, but was currently fighting of the urge to touch the horns on her head.

She kept thinking about possibilities. Had she been drugged? Blair knew for a fact that she couldn't have been dreaming, it simply felt too real.

Another Tiefling.jpg
Clockwork Syringe Clockwork Syringe

Back within the walls of the tavern, a Halfling man started to approach the table Danny was sitting at.

Halfling old man.jpg

"Excuse me, son." He called in a gravelly voice "I am in need of some help. I believe the two of us might be able to help each other, come to think of it." He looked up at Danny with a smile, offering a handshake.
Venchi1986 Venchi1986
 
Last edited:

EmWiley0816

I'm a hummingbird that crashed into the window
Roux/Fen

Roux's eyes opened, sunlight making her squint.
She wasn't in her room. No, far from it. An alley in a town, one she didn't recognize.
"Crap. the session. Where am I?" she asked out loud. Roux slapped a hand over her mouth. A voice, definitely not her own, had come out of her mouth. She ran her hand over her face, feeling pointed ears and long hair. Which was blond. And in a braid.
"WHAT THE CRAP?!" she tugged on her hair. She was a male. In a strange town, and with a guitar and bag on her back and a sword on her side-
Okay, calm down. We're all good... no! We are NOT all good! The question is... who am I? Wait... AM I FEN?!
Roux rose to her feet, swaying slightly as she gathered her bearings. Walking out into the alley, she saw that she was right beside a tavern.
"Oh well, nothing to lose," she told herself.
Going in, she saw a halfling talking to another man at a table.
Putting on a brave face, she walked up to the table.
"Hi! I'm so sorry to interrupt, but did I hear something about help? I'm in a bit of trouble myself and I could use some," Roux used Fen's hand to gesture to herself.

Mentioned: The Mad Queen The Mad Queen Venchi1986 Venchi1986
 

Clockwork Syringe

The Night Blade
Mark Ortega/Markus Barton

9047e9bdb7b7f0ca42c13a8d7b6bcee7.jpg


"Do you have any idea what's going on? The last thing I remember is sitting at my desk, and then I woke up in that tavern," was the first thing that the tiefling had said to Mark. It was odd it was exactly how he remembered starting the session and it was eerily similar to how the woman described it to him. Was she stuck like he was or was this an NPC that would give out quests? Still, he decided that he would not share everything with her based on only one commonality. "Funny enough I just woke up in this Tavern myself although I don't think it was anything sinister, I probably had too much to drink. You on the other hand might have been drugged, charmed or something along the line." Outstretching a hand, Mark continued "Still though, let me give you a hand I'm sure I can help you figure out the cause of your confusion."

Mentioned: The Mad Queen The Mad Queen
 

CoachA

mollymauk tealeaf is my dad
Jessie/Jinx

Jessie woke with a start, sitting up from where she had been slumped at her kitchen table. Strange, she thought, I don't remember falling asleep. She reached up to rub her head only to realise the texture was not her normal buzz cut, in fact it had some length to it. At that moment she noticed that she was not in fact at her kitchen table, instead she was seated in the corner of a tavern.


"Oh shit."

Jessie gasped and panic gripped her momentarily. That was a man's voice! This had to be some creepy lucid dream, there was no way any of this was real. Glancing to her left she found a window shuddered from the outside so that she was able to see her reflection. She had to restrain herself from jumping when she saw herself. The reflection staring back at her was that of her newest character, Jinx. What the hell was going on?

Looking around she could see a few people looking equally as confused as her. She didn't quite feel comfortable going up to a random person, but she supposed that would be her best bet at finding out what the hell was happening. Glancing around again, she noticed a blue firbolg on the opposite side of the tavern that seemed to be just as freaked out as her. Well, here goes nothing. She stood from her table and slowly made her way over to the firbolg, making sure he saw her before she got to his table. "Um, hi. Do you mind if I sit with you for a moment?"
 

The Mad Queen

Time to kick gum & chew ass, & I'm all out of ass
"Why yes." The Halfing replied, his eyes moving towards the Half-Elf "I believe we can help each other." He cleared his throat before he continued to speak, his hands resting on his jacket "There's gold on offer, and information." As he continued to speak, the man pulled up a chair and waved a tavern wench down for a drink as the Aasimar made his way over as well "I represent the Chrysalis Brewery, and we're in a spot of bother at the moment."

Wyatt Hamon/Ser Godfree


After a few more moments of gawking at the reflection, Wyatt came to his senses. "Is this a Samuel Beckett situation?" He muttered to himself, only to mentally kick himself. The entire situation was just ridiculous, but whether he liked it or not he was Ser Godfree.
There was only one way to be sure.

He stepped outside of the tavern, walked into a back alley and focused. He tried to picture a bolt of fire within his mind, and suddenly he found that within his left hand was a small ball of fire. He gasped at first, but started to chuckle.
"Sweet Jesus! This is real..." His eyes were wide, a small grin on his face. As he continued to stare, his smile faded "This is real..." He repeated, this time muttering to himself as he dismissed the ball of fire in his hand.

The Vice Principal shook his head firmly. If he was living as Ser Godfree, or inhabiting his body then there had to be a way home. Another thought did cross his mind. He wasn't the only one in the session. Had the same thing happened to other people?
His eyes widening again, he dashed back inside of the tavern.
Reading the eyes of everyone within the tavern's walls, it did not take him long to find people that seemed freaked out. It was, in Wyatt's mind the best and possibly only place to start.

Making his way over to the table he cleared his throat, still not used to be talking in somebody else's voice.
"Hello. My name is Wyatt. Are you people from the session as well?"

Venchi1986 Venchi1986 EmWiley0816 EmWiley0816 CoachA CoachA

Blair Tuama/Circe
Another Tiefling.jpg

"Charmed?" Blair asked. Was he talking about magic? Magic didn't actually exist, or least Blair didn't think it did. A few minutes ago she would have laughed at the idea but she looked down at her hands once more. Shaking her head, Blair's yellow eyes met that of the stranger.
"I wish I knew what was going on, but I'm clueless."
She took the man's hand, standing to her feet. She wasn't sure if she could trust him, his talk of charms rubbing her the wrong way but he seemed to be the only person around that was offering a helping hand.

"What even is this place?"
As Blair asked her question, things went white. Her mind was suddenly bombarded by flashes, memories that were not her own. It moved too quick for her to process but the woman was able to discern a few words.
Ubor
Kenton
Ken family


Resting hands on the side of her head, Blair groaned as the flashes stopped.
"I think this place is called Kenton. I-I'm not sure why. It's like a gut feeling or something."

Clockwork Syringe Clockwork Syringe
 

Clockwork Syringe

The Night Blade
Mark Ortega/Markus Barton
9047e9bdb7b7f0ca42c13a8d7b6bcee7.jpg

Mark helped up the Tiefling as she took his hand before letting go as she was able to right herself. "I wish I knew what was going on, but I'm clueless. What even is this place?" It was at this moment he was sure that the Tiefling was in a similar situation to his, even more so by what she said next. "I think this place is called Kenton. I-I'm not sure why. It's like a gut feeling or something." Mark then cleared his throat and decided to see if he could attempt to tease some information out.

"Kenton seems about right though I guess you're from out of the city huh? Its' almost as if you were transported here somehow right?" Based on the wording of his question he hoped that she could read between the lines if she was indeed an unfortunate player like himself.

Mentioned: The Mad Queen The Mad Queen
 

The Mad Queen

Time to kick gum & chew ass, & I'm all out of ass
Blair Tuama/Circe
Another Tiefling.jpg

The woman's gaze narrowed as she stared down the stranger. The more he talked the more suspicious he seemed to her. Her gut twisted, and she eyed the tavern. If things went wrong, she'd make a break for the inside. There was sure to be someone within it's walls that would help if this stranger turned out to have ill intentions. When she had looked in the mirror she saw a Tiefling staring back at her. The fact that she hadn't received any abuse due to that was a good sign. Blair had been in games before where Tiefling or Half-Orc characters couldn't even sneeze without an angry mob being spawned by a wrathful Dungeon Master.

She decided to take a gamble.
"More like from out of this realm, you could say." Blair chuckled, nervously "A few minutes ago I wasn't a even Tiefling, I was a human. And I was in my apartment in a city, not in some..." She scanned the area "Tavern in the dark ages. I'm amazed this place doesn't reek."

She sighed heavily, squeezing the ridge of her nose and tucking her tail in. She didn't know if she'd ever get used to the thing, but the idea of a passer by standing on it sounded painful enough.
"So yeah, I have been transported. Are you in the same boat?"

Clockwork Syringe Clockwork Syringe
 

SP3CT3R

being meguca is suffering
Trevor did a spit take, launching whatever liquid had manifested in his mouth a good few feet, and then hacked up what had already gone down his throat. He slammed his almost-empty mug down on the table, which made a noise of some sort that was drowned out by the background noise. Wait, why am I holding a mug? He realized, with a start.What happened to my character sheet?

The table wasn't even the one he was just sitting at, and it was empty, for that matter. Trevor whipped his head around. He was now in an old-timey tavern, the kind that the first session of a Dungeons & Dragons campaign would be set in. Wait a minute... Some patrons at nearby tables were staring at him, and he spotted a few pairs of pointed ears.

Trevor made his best attempt at keeping his thoughts from wandering as he searched for something that would suffice as a mirror. Right, I'm holding a drink, he recalled, looking down it. It wasn't easy to tell, but his face was scrunched up and a sickly shade of yellow. That confirmed it. The DM said the magic words.

Okay, Trevor, good job not panicking. Focus on your next course of action and panic later. Maybe the rest of the party was also here. Assuming that they were, and that they also had taken the forms of their PCs, Trevor had no good way to tell who they were. The plan was for everyone to introduce their characters at the beginning of the first session.

Unless...

That's right, dumbass, Gith can read minds. Trevor extended his senses; the thoughts flowed into his mind as if he'd done this a thousand times. It wasn't hard to pick out the beacons of confusion from within the building. There were several of them grouped up at one of the tables and two more near the entrance. For the sake of getting everyone in one place, Trevor approached the latter.

"The Isekai Protags Anonymous meeting is being held over by that table, if you'd like to come," Trevor interjected, swaggering up to the two. "Yes, I too was playing Dungeons & Dragons when I suddenly found myself in the body of my player character in the starting tavern."

Clockwork Syringe Clockwork Syringe The Mad Queen The Mad Queen
 

Clockwork Syringe

The Night Blade
Mark Ortega/Markus Barton
9047e9bdb7b7f0ca42c13a8d7b6bcee7.jpg


Mark smirked at the Tiefling's words as they responded to his question; sure enough they were in the same situation he was. He then chuckled before responding, "I guess you could say that although I needed to be discreet to not paint myself as a less than ideal individual despite my looks. I've read enough stories where someone was transported and did the wrong things and ended up making a fool of themselves; good to know I'm not alone in this case." Speaking of not being alone, Mark was then approached by what looked to be a Gith who then spoke to the two of them about being a protagonist, player characters and D&D. "Not so loud!" Mark interjected quietly, "We should focus on blending in instead of standing out. However, your suggestion has merit so we should see who else is in our situation." He motioned to the Tiefling and said "After you."

Mentioned: The Mad Queen The Mad Queen SP3CT3R SP3CT3R
 

The Mad Queen

Time to kick gum & chew ass, & I'm all out of ass
Blair Tuama/Circe
Another Tiefling.jpg

"So, you're from the session too?" Her voice was close to a whisper, taking one more step towards the stranger "I'm Blair. Though I called this character Circe...I-I'd prefer Blair though. Um, obviously." She paused, taking in another deep breath "I'm sorry. This is just a lot to take in right now. I'm not even the same species as I was a few minutes ago. And that's the least of it, God..."

Resting her hands against her head, the woman took care not to poke at the horns.
"Breathe, Blair. Breathe..." She muttered to herself
Blair stepped back, her eyes widening once more when a hooded figure approached her and the stranger. Of course, all ideas about the man being a threat were thrown out of the window when he (rather loudly) proclaimed that he was in the same situation. The stranger told him what Blair was thinking, so she kept her mouth shut.

"This tavern is full of people. Let's take this quietly, yeah?" She nodded towards the two "We just walk on over and ask them discreetly."

Clockwork Syringe Clockwork Syringe SP3CT3R SP3CT3R
 

Venchi1986

Senior Member
Danny had no idea what was going on but decided it was better to play it safe and act like it was really happening, that way he at worst ended up making a fool out of himself he hoped.The instant he arrived at that conclusion he wondered something if he actually was Ravalana then where was his spirit guide? Before he could think of an explanation aside from the bear not liking to be indoors a short old man approached him looking for help and before he even got a chance to reply some blonde butted in. Normally he would consider the latter rude but he had no idea what the social norms were so he gave the younger looking man the benefit of the doubt.

The older man didn't seem to and offered them gold and info in exchange for them helping a brewery, given his circumstances Danny could desperately use both. "Well, I'm not gonna lie gold and info are something I'm in short supply of. What exactly does this brewery need help with?" He was barely done talking before the group got interrupted again, this time by the knight that had been looking in the window. Though the reason for this interruption was a lot more interesting. "Hello. My name is Wyatt. Are you people from the session as well?"Danny did his best to hide his surprise and spent a few seconds thinking over his answer, not wanting anyone to think he was crazy by talking about other worlds and stuff like that. Eventually he figured something out that he believed sounded both rather innocuous and got the point across "I'm at least, don't know about the blonde but this man seems to be a local." He gestured to the halfling.


Firbolg Magic: You can cast detect magic and disguise self with this trait. Once you cast this spell you cannot be allowed to cast this spell again with this trait until you have finished a short or long rest. Whenever you use this skill you may seem up to 3 feet shorter than normal allowing you to the more easily blend with both humans and Elves.

Cantrips
Druidcraft
Mending
Produce Flame

Spells ( 6 a day)
Level 1 spells
Create or destroy water
Entangle
Goodberry
Cure Wounds
The Mad Queen The Mad Queen EmWiley0816 EmWiley0816 Clockwork Syringe Clockwork Syringe SP3CT3R SP3CT3R
 
Last edited:

The Mad Queen

Time to kick gum & chew ass, & I'm all out of ass
Wyatt Hamon/Ser Godfree


The Halfing had raised an eyebrow at Wyatt as he made his approach and asked his question, but the Half-Elf continued to speak regardless.
"In that case We need to stick together. I have no idea how we got here, but this place could be dangerous. Until we can figure out a way home, it's in our best interest." With that, he took a seat at the table
The Halfing spoke up "Ser Godfree? Surely your home is not too far from here."
"Ah yes, of course." He knew he had to keep up appearances "I am just not sure as to how I arrived at this tavern. Now, what was it about this brewery?"

The Halfing's eyes moved back to the rest of the table.
"Yes, as I was saying...The Chrysalis brewery is in dire need of assistance. With so much of the military going North or South to our borders the land around my family's brewery was left undefended. We had hired security, of course but." He paused, clearing his throat "They were taken out. Ambushed by Goblins. And now those Goblins are holding my family hostage."

Interactions: Venchi1986 Venchi1986 EmWiley0816 EmWiley0816 CoachA CoachA
Nearby: Clockwork Syringe Clockwork Syringe SP3CT3R SP3CT3R
 

Dethrix

Hero
[nobr]

[class=Notes]
// Forward slashes are comments
and do no show up in the final design,
these are to help you find everything easily
and explain some code as well.
These comments must be with in a class or script tags
in order to be hidden, from what I know//

// Long URls are images
# followed by letter and numbers are Hex codes
or color codes.//

// This code does not show breaks unless is shows the [br][/br] code
When typing responses to rps, be aware that when you press enter
it will not show that you did.
You'll have to use the [br][/br] tags//

[/class]

[class=BackgroundPicture]
Background:url(https://i.pinimg.com/564x/d9/c9/bf/d9c9bfeecc7cd23adce729f2fa10d11c.jpg);
Padding:30px;

//The background image that become the border//
[/class]

[class=BackgroundColor]
padding:20px;
background-color:#fbe7d1;
Color:Black;

//the solid block of color that makes the border appear as a border
all your content will be in this box//
[/class]

[class=Name]
float:right;
margin-bottom:10px;
text-align:center;
border-radius:5px;
background-color:#142740;
padding:5px;color:#fbe7d1;
width:calc(100% - 15% - 20px);

//The Box around the name//
[/class]

[class=Img]
border-right:10px SOLID #fbe7d1;
border-bottom:5px SOLID #fbe7d1;
width:15%;
float:left;

//this class has a border to create a false margin
so the horizontal lines don't appear to go behind the image
if you change the back ground you have to change the colors here too//

[/class]

[class=Image]
border:1px SOLID #142740;
line-height:0px;

//The border around the image//
[/class]




[class=Line]
border-top:1px SOLID #142740;
margin-top:5px;
margin-bottom:5px;
//The tiny lines everywhere//

//You can see here they have a set width, which is the shorter length,
the bottom two lines have a specific 'style' which overrides what happens here to make them full length.
if you need longer lines, copy and paste the style from the bottom two (be careful, they float right, making them too big at the top messes the code up)

If you need the bottom lines to be shorter, delete the Style=" and such//
[/class]

[div class="BackgroundPicture"]
[div class="BackgroundColor"]

[div class="Img"]
[div class="Image"]
tumblr_ocqkki9OZX1u3zjguo1_1280.png
[/div][/div]

[div class="Name"]
Jesse Ravencroft | Javen Burrows
[/div]

Jesse awoke with a start, as he thrashed away from the Tavern Bar he'd been slumped against. He felt drugged, and that was never a good feeling. His latter years of college had given him a hate for falling asleep when he wasn't prepared. It was always messy and chaotic the moment he regained consciousness, this circumstance was no different. The young man stood quickly and peddled away from his now overturned barstool, as his eyes blinked rapidly. There was simply too much going on, from the sounds to the light, it was all so foreign yet familiar. For that matter, how had he even fallen asleep? The session had been planned for today, and he vaguely remembered making a point to attend. And yet now he was at some, folk bar? Upon a closer inspection, Jesse realized his circumstances were far more dire than he'd previously considered. This wasn't some rinky-dink stop at the end of a hellish bar crawl, but instead, a scene ripped directly out of a fantasy story.
[br][/br]
"What the fuck?" Jesse spoke in confusion, only to be further alarmed by the alien growl that was expressed from his mouth. The voice that emanated from him wasn't his own, and furthermore it felt too dark and broken. The noise that had left him was far closer to that of a regular smoker than anything he could imitate, and yet there it was. Part of him was convinced this was all some elaborate ruse or dream, but the other half had watched Jumanji too many times to believe that. He stopped to breathe and focused on the pattern of that action alone. Even such a simple activity wasn't his own, as his breaths felt burdened and heavy. Slowly, the croft boy began to analyze himself and take into account the details that were presented. His hands were ragged, his body was covered in foul-smelling leather and metal barbs. Not only this, but he was missing his favorite hat! As he looked around, Jesse steadily began to notice just how outlandish things truly were. There were elves, dwarves, and all strange manner of races. Just as he had begun to start making sense of everything, a commotion began to stir up within the establishment. Some red wom- a Tiefling? Something inside of him stirred at the thought of what he'd seen, like an infection beginning to spread within his mind. It popped, boiled, and spilled over until all he could understand was one disgruntled word; Devilspawn. With a cough, Jesse shook it off and the thoughts subsided. Whatever had come over him, it felt wretched and vile. Something almost... hateful. Regardless, the woman had run off and flung the doors wide open in the moment he'd gone through his fit. Someone else had left to join her, and slowly people began to congregate with bewildered expressions. Annoyed and quite confused, Jesse made his way to the table with the Halfling. Though perhaps his suspicions were wrong, nothing could go awry from eavesdropping and figuring out just what in the hell had occurred, or at least where he even was. To be discrete he sat directly across from the table facing the bar, just within earshot of any potentially enlightening conversation. When the small man started talking, all he heard was the word "Goblins" and from the recesses of his mind, something urged him to kill. Jesse attempted to place his focus elsewhere, at least momentarily and trained his vision on a silver tankard set in front of him. His reflection stared back and from such a realization, he gasped.
[br][/br]

[div class="Line"][/div]

Interacting: N/A | Mentioned: N/A | Located: The Tavern

[div class="Line" style="margin-bottom:0px;"][/div]
[/div]
[div=float:left;]Code by @AgWordSmith[/div]
[/div][/nobr]
 
Last edited:

SP3CT3R

being meguca is suffering
"To be fair, we're in a high fantasy world with no high-speed global communications. Nobody's gonna question us for using jargon they don't understand," Trevor pointed out. His inflection sounded unnerving combined with his character's gruff voice. It would take quite a while to get used to. "And I already know they're in the same boat as us. I can read minds. Well, for the next minute or so, at least."

"By the way, my name's Trevor. And my character's name is Vahg, for what it's worth. Githzerai Monk, hence the mind-reading."
As he wove through the tables, Trevor's Detect Thoughts was alerting him of another confused entity in the vicinity, but he could also feel lots of anger radiating off of them. He looked over his shoulder to see a mountain of a man who looked like a Game of Thrones character who was secretly a werewolf. Definitely another isekai, but an extremely edgy-looking one and possible murderhobo. I'd better keep an eye on him.

Clockwork Syringe Clockwork Syringe The Mad Queen The Mad Queen Dethrix Dethrix (Mentioned)
 
Last edited:

Clockwork Syringe

The Night Blade
Mark Ortega/Markus Barton

9047e9bdb7b7f0ca42c13a8d7b6bcee7.jpg

"Very well then Vahg," Mark started. "My name is Mark and my character's name is Markus so if you want to call me Mark I can always pass it off as a nickname if people are confused." Putting his gloved right hand on his side and motioning with his left Mark continued. "I'm an artificer of sorts although I make and create new things with magic." Feeling around himself for a moment he became keenly aware that Markus had made the armor into the Infiltrator mode and it was hidden under his clothes. ~Markus you clever man.~ Mark thought. "And it seems I already have my specialty active; how fortunate." Mark then became aware of what the members of the table were saying; something about a brewery and goblins taking a family hostage. "As much as I'd love to continue this conversation, we should probably get over there. Our first potential quest is about to leave the station without us.

Mentioned: The Mad Queen The Mad Queen SP3CT3R SP3CT3R
 
Last edited:

Venchi1986

Senior Member
Surprised as he was to find another person from his world and that the old man seemed to recognize him or at least the knight he or she was playing Danny asked a question without thinking "Wait, a brewery? Don't people make their own alcohol? " He felt stupid immediately afterwards, this old man was explaining how his family was captured by goblins and he asked something like that, he could just facepalm. "A..anyway can you tell more about those goblins?"

At around the same time he asked his second way more important question Danny noticed another patron acting strangely, he would have considered it coincidence but the after the knight he wasn't so sure, a giant man who seemed to be staring into his beer and who looked like the protagonist of a dark fantasy anime was after all likely to be another player.




Firbolg Magic: You can cast detect magic and disguise self with this trait. Once you cast this spell you cannot be allowed to cast this spell again with this trait until you have finished a short or long rest. Whenever you use this skill you may seem up to 3 feet shorter than normal allowing you to the more easily blend with both humans and Elves.

Cantrips
Druidcraft
Mending
Produce Flame

Spells ( 6 a day)
Level 1 spells
Create or destroy water
Entangle
Goodberry
Cure Wounds
The Mad Queen The Mad Queen EmWiley0816 EmWiley0816 Clockwork Syringe Clockwork Syringe SP3CT3R SP3CT3R Dethrix Dethrix
 

The Mad Queen

Time to kick gum & chew ass, & I'm all out of ass
Blair Tuama/Circe
Another Tiefling.jpg

"So Artificer." Blair pointed to Mark, her voice still a whisper "And a Monk." She pointed to Trevor "I know Circe is a Warlock, so all I need to do is keep on her patron's good side and hopefully I'll still be useful."
When Mark talked of the three of them jumping into their first quest, Blair took one step back if only for a moment. Being thrown into a hostage situation with Goblins was sure enough to be suicide, even if Circe was a decent level. She remained still, going over things in her head.
"Alright, fine." She sighed "It's best not to split the party anyway."

She approached the table
"I couldn't help but overhear that you're in need of some aid. Something about Goblins?"

Wyatt Hamon/Ser Godfree


As the Halfing spoke, Wyatt's ears focused on his words. His eyes, however were scanning the tavern. He noticed a rugged man watching them, and a group of three walking towards the table as well. If they were in his same position, he knew they'd be scared out of their minds. However, he chose to leave them be for now. If he were to run up to them and play twenty questions the chances are he'd frighten them away. He'd taken a gamble by approaching the table after all, it had just happened to pay off.
Such a thing might not happen again, and he might end up spooking the Halfling as well.

His gaze moved back to the Halfling.

"Some do, but the Chrysalis brewery provides a better quality. Most people don't want to drink their own piss, after all." The Halfing continued "Finest in the land." A smile came across the old man's face. "As for these Goblins. I can't say for sure how many there were. Three dozen, at least." He shook his head "Have their own pets too. Bloody Worgs." The Halfling rolled his eyes, uttering a curse under his breath "But given how organised these bastards were I'm sure they have a leader. Somebody with actual strategy."

Wyatt's eyes moved as the other three approached the table, the Tiefling speaking first.
"The more the merrier. We'll stand a higher chance." He nodded towards the Hafling
"Well, chances are they'll have the brewery locked down by now." The old man shrugged "A few extra hands wouldn't hurt."

Interactions: Clockwork Syringe Clockwork Syringe SP3CT3R SP3CT3R Venchi1986 Venchi1986 EmWiley0816 EmWiley0816
Nearby/Mentioned: Dethrix Dethrix
 

Clockwork Syringe

The Night Blade
Mark Ortega/Markus Barton

9047e9bdb7b7f0ca42c13a8d7b6bcee7.jpg

Mark followed Blair, or rather Circe, over to the table and listened to the exchange between her, the man in armor that he saw earlier and the halfing man. More became clear as he infered that the Hafling was asking them to remove a lock down on a brewery by goblins. Of course Mark decided to speak up at the mention of a leader with actual strategy. "Indeed" Mark began, "Goblins by themselves are not too much of a threat and the same can be said about worgs. The real threat is whatever is organizing these two be it goblin or not." Mark had an idea as to what could stump a goblin thanks to Markus' specialities, but instead took a brief pause to look around the room to see who everyone was.

There was the Armored man from earlier, a half elf, an Aasimar, and a rough and spooky looking human in addition to Blair and Trevor. In terms of combat and party potential, if everyone here was a part of the party there were plenty of melee fighters, and those that could cast spells so it looked as though there was a balance. However, he decided to not speak about this in front of the halfing; better to ask about it after he leaves.

The Mad Queen The Mad Queen SP3CT3R SP3CT3R Venchi1986 Venchi1986 EmWiley0816 EmWiley0816 Dethrix Dethrix
 

Dethrix

Hero
[nobr]

[class=Notes]
// Forward slashes are comments
and do no show up in the final design,
these are to help you find everything easily
and explain some code as well.
These comments must be with in a class or script tags
in order to be hidden, from what I know//

// Long URls are images
# followed by letter and numbers are Hex codes
or color codes.//

// This code does not show breaks unless is shows the [br][/br] code
When typing responses to rps, be aware that when you press enter
it will not show that you did.
You'll have to use the [br][/br] tags//

[/class]

[class=BackgroundPicture]
Background:url(https://i.pinimg.com/564x/d9/c9/bf/d9c9bfeecc7cd23adce729f2fa10d11c.jpg);
Padding:30px;

//The background image that become the border//
[/class]

[class=BackgroundColor]
padding:20px;
background-color:#fbe7d1;
Color:Black;

//the solid block of color that makes the border appear as a border
all your content will be in this box//
[/class]

[class=Name]
float:right;
margin-bottom:10px;
text-align:center;
border-radius:5px;
background-color:#142740;
padding:5px;color:#fbe7d1;
width:calc(100% - 15% - 20px);

//The Box around the name//
[/class]

[class=Img]
border-right:10px SOLID #fbe7d1;
border-bottom:5px SOLID #fbe7d1;
width:15%;
float:left;

//this class has a border to create a false margin
so the horizontal lines don't appear to go behind the image
if you change the back ground you have to change the colors here too//

[/class]

[class=Image]
border:1px SOLID #142740;
line-height:0px;

//The border around the image//
[/class]




[class=Line]
border-top:1px SOLID #142740;
margin-top:5px;
margin-bottom:5px;
//The tiny lines everywhere//

//You can see here they have a set width, which is the shorter length,
the bottom two lines have a specific 'style' which overrides what happens here to make them full length.
if you need longer lines, copy and paste the style from the bottom two (be careful, they float right, making them too big at the top messes the code up)

If you need the bottom lines to be shorter, delete the Style=" and such//
[/class]

[div class="BackgroundPicture"]
[div class="BackgroundColor"]

[div class="Img"]
ye-xx-.jpg
[div class="Image"]
[/div][/div]

[div class="Name"]
Jesse Ravencroft | Javen Burrows
[/div]

Jesse lessened his surprise, lest he draw further attention to himself given his previous actions. It's no wonder he'd felt so odd, this wasn't even his body! Furthermore, this wasn't even his town, much less his world. He'd been dumped into the hulking form of the brutal monster he'd created, what kind of irony was that? It definitely explained the hatred coursing through his very veins. Blood Magic was powerful, tied to a Hunter's very essence at its core. Even if Jesse had control over his character's body, the power drew its strength from the tragedies and anger of Javen himself. Whatever remnants of stubborn consciousness remained, weren't going to be helpful, that much he understood. For a moment he studied the features of Javen Burrows. Had this man been real through his own creation? Had the rugged beard and wild tangled mane of jet black hair sprouted from Jesse's imagination, or had such a creature always existed? The only answer he got was the stare of muddled, bloodshot eyes that gleamed in the low light of the tavern. With a huff, he tuned back into the conversation behind him. The talk was all of... Goblins. The thought brought vivid depictions of gore and torment, which flickered through his mind for only a moment. It made sense really, after all, he had written Javen to have an obscene hatred towards vile creatures, tiny green humanoids included. Now it was time to play his part, whether this was his party or not, it was the role of an adventurer to quest. With a low grunt, the towering man stood and strode his way over to the table in order to partake in the commotion.
[br][/br]
"If goblin's are ya' problem, I'll slaughter em'." Jesse spoke in the reverberating voice of his host, his words slurred naturally as he spoke them. The strange dark drawl hadn't been intentional, just another trait left over from the man who'd previously inhabited such a vessel. Something as simple as speaking a certain way had been left ingrained, which Jesse hadn't expected. As he stood, the Blood Hunter analyzed everyone before him intently with a piercing gaze. The agitated veins in his eyes seemed to pulse and glow with an unholy light, as he swept his gaze from one individual to the next. He lingered on the Devilspa- Tiefling woman, as he attempted to calm the very nerves that demanded he slay her outright. Though the very life force that pumped through his body seemed eager to enact destruction, Jesse was far less willing.
[br][/br]
"Locked down brewery or not, we'll stomp em' like ants. Goblin's are fickle things, with black hearts. They raid and pillage out of greed, easily manipulated with a well-calculated assult. Whereas worgs are halfwitted steeds that run amok when unleashed. If they have tha' numbers as ya' suggest, then we funnel them through an openin' and break em' down. As tha' noble said, their boss'll be a problem for sure, but by the time any number of em' get called back we'll have downed plenty. Let's talk payment first little man." Came his voice once more, like crushed gravel being scraped against the pavement. His intentions had simply been to imply the party could easily take down a few monsters with nothing more than a CR of 1/4th, but a bit of roleplay never hurt anything. Not to mention, he felt the well of knowledge pertaining to monster hunting present itself to him in the same moment he'd begun to speak. A mesh between the lore loving player and the slaughter filled mind of an experienced creature slayer were momentarily harmonious. Still, as he spoke Jesse gave a curt nod to the strange nobleman all the same. Had he too been in the party? That kind of wit regarding fighting monsters wasn't something he'd associate with the typical aristocrat, even one seeking adventure.
[br][/br]

[div class="Line"][/div]

Interacting: The Halfling Brewer | Mentioned: The Mad Queen The Mad Queen Clockwork Syringe Clockwork Syringe | Located: The Tavern

[div class="Line" style="margin-bottom:0px;"][/div]
[/div]
[div=float:left;]Code by @AgWordSmith[/div]
[/div][/nobr]
 
Last edited:

The Mad Queen

Time to kick gum & chew ass, & I'm all out of ass
Blair Tuama/Circe
Another Tiefling.jpg

As words were exchanged, Blair stuck close to Mark's side at the table. There was something, after all that set her on edge: The newcomer. She'd only seen a few passing glances but there was something about the way the rugged man looked at her. She took great care when her eyes peered at him, just hoping that he wouldn't notice her occasional gazes. Her eyes moved back to the Halfling as he explained his situation.

With the rugged man sending shivers down her spine, it took Blair a moment or two to speak up. There had been something else on her mind.
"You said these Goblins took your family hostage, right?"
The Halfling slowly nodded
"Any demands, or ransom?"
"Aye. Just one. My head." He scoffed "It's why I'll be paying you lot to drive them off instead." He looked to the rugged man, his eyes narrowing "Yes, you could just slaughter them all. But don't forget..." He pointed one finger into the air "My family is in that brewery as well. And our fortune. If you charge in, it could well end badly."

He leaned over the table
"If you get them killed in the crossfire, don't expect a single copper from me." The Halfling boldly shook his head

Blair leaned back in her chair, her eyes now back on the rugged man as she watched to see what he would do next.

Wyatt Hamon/Ser Godfree


Just as Wyatt had hoped, the rugged man joined them at the table. Though, after he opened his mouth he couldn't be too sure as to whether he was another trapped player or not. It was how he talked about killing the Goblins, there seemed to be little fear behind his words, if any. A normal person, suddenly transported like the rest of them just wouldn't talk like that, at least not in Wyatt's mind.

He'd keep an eye on him.
"Don't worry yourself good sir." He addressed the Halfling "We shant let your family come to harm." If his memory served him well, then this was how Ser Godfree spoke, at least the last time he played the character. If he was to blend in and be Ser Godfree, he'd have to act the part. Wyatt was cringing on the inside, at least just a little bit.
At the very least it served as a bit of a welcome distraction for his current situation. "Now, as for the payment."
"Why yes, of course." The Hafling nodded "It'll be about one hundred gold for each of you. Half now, the other half later. There's some information too that I'm also willing to give."

Interactions: Clockwork Syringe Clockwork Syringe SP3CT3R SP3CT3R Venchi1986 Venchi1986 EmWiley0816 EmWiley0816 Dethrix Dethrix [/USER]
 
Last edited:

Venchi1986

Senior Member
Danny wasn't too sure but he believed that with the addition of the redskinned woman and Artificer as well as the bloodthirsty beer drinker they had roughly the number of players in their group. Still he wasn't going to assume anything just yet and instead focused on the questgiver. That offer of 100 gold a person unless his family were killed sounded overly generous to him, not that he knew much about this world's currency. "Any idea why they want your head? It almost sounds like it's personal or they are working for someone it's personal for."

Firbolg Magic: You can cast detect magic and disguise self with this trait. Once you cast this spell you cannot be allowed to cast this spell again with this trait until you have finished a short or long rest. Whenever you use this skill you may seem up to 3 feet shorter than normal allowing you to the more easily blend with both humans and Elves.

Cantrips
Druidcraft
Mending
Produce Flame

Spells ( 6 a day)
Level 1 spells (4/4)
Create or destroy water
Entangle
Goodberry


Level 2 spells (3/3)
Heat Metal
Spikegrowth

Level 3 spells (2/2)
Conjure Animals

The Mad Queen The Mad Queen EmWiley0816 EmWiley0816 Clockwork Syringe Clockwork Syringe SP3CT3R SP3CT3R Dethrix Dethrix
 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top