• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

The Mad Queen

Memento Mori. Unus Anus
Dungeon Master.jpg

We have all seen fantasy stories. In story books, long and short and in movies and on television, both good and bad. You have watched as Fellowships formed, heroes fell and evil died. Many of us experienced fantasy stories in the form of role playing games, rolling Dice at a table with friends or in the form of videogames. We have played as brave heroes battling against the forces of darkness or dastardly villains trying to spread it.

Many of us have just played the idiots saving the world because money was involved, they had nothing better to do or perhaps even that they just so happened to live nearby... Let's be honest.
a609b661e4fd9b3d3cc7452740cc3697.jpg

(Most D&D parties)

However, a few individuals will be experiencing a fantasy story first hand, willingly or not.
You are one of them.

Meeting for an online game of Dungeons and Dragons with your character and dice at the ready, you only got past the introduction before everything went black.
This is where our story begins.

You are not in your world, or even your body for you awaken as your character.
This new world has many dangers, and most of them are not at your level. Orcs, the Undead , the odd Dragon. So many dangers that have claimed many a PC or even entire parties in the past are now real to you. How will you survive in this new world?

That's good to hear. I hope you stick around for the RP once I get it up and running.

Just need a little bit more interest first from other folks before I can get this thing off the ground.
Can't wait! I've always wanted to play D & D, but no one around me is interested, so this is going to be my chance!

Can't wait! I've always wanted to play D & D, but no one around me is interested, so this is going to be my chance!

I should point out that this isn't going to be an actual D&D game with dice, but a text-based RPG that has D&D elements. If you're looking for actual D&D I'd try the Dice section of this website.

I should point out that this isn't going to be an actual D&D game with dice, but a text-based RPG that has D&D elements. If you're looking for actual D&D I'd try the Dice section of this website.
I'm fine with that. I'm better at roleplaying stuff, and I just like the idea of D & D, but not the actual game itself. I like the idea of roleplaying this elven bard who goes on wacky adventures with their friends.

So is this supposed to be actual D&D with dice, or an RP about a D&D adventure?

I've been a full-time DM for almost a year and a half, and an occasional DM for a few years.
It's always good to see a fellow DM in these parts.
I'm partial to fantasy DMing myself and I generally leave it to fate to determine what my players get. I use a loot table my players have loving have coined "the random table of BS." You can get anything from stat belts to river rocks as potential loot and they both love and hate it.

I'm partial to fantasy DMing myself and I generally leave it to fate to determine what my players get. I use a loot table my players have loving have coined "the random table of BS." You can get anything from stat belts to river rocks as potential loot and they both love and hate it.

I'm guessing they love it as long as they get something good, otherwise...

I'm guessing they love it as long as they get something good, otherwise...
funniest thing they've gotten was a "bat sack." "When opened a stream of illusory bats come out and disorient the target." This has become a meme in my group because when they got another one from the table, they said "Not another Bat Sack! Ugh!"

RP interest check.jpg

Well for sure there's enough people to start. Perhaps it is more than one party who are stuck in the game world that end up having to join forces? I haven't done it myself, but I know of other DMs who have run one campaign but had more than one party active in the game world. I was in two games like this myself, but they were World of Darkness games rather than D&D.

In terms of Class and Race, the DM allowed for anything that was official material or unearthed arcana for 5th Edition Dungeons and Dragons. This includes adventure expansions such as Eberron and Curse of Strahd and regular expansions such as Volo's Guide of Monsters, Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes and Xanathar's Guide to Everything.

TL,DR- Anything published by Wizards of the Coast for 5e.

Furthermore, homebrew was allowed too, just so long as it wasn't too ridiculous or overpowered. In other words, don't sign up as this: McChicken (5e Race) - D&D Wiki

You can come up with your own race and/or class if you want, just so long as it isn't too silly (see above).
The parties were also starting at level 5 in the campaign, which makes them just below average in terms of power leveling. As per my own understanding, Level 1 characters are cannon fodder and Level 20 characters are DemiGods.

You don't have to list every ability or spell if you're taking it straight from the books, just give an average idea as to what the character is capable of.
For example: "The Wizard is a Transmutation Wizard, with some elemental magic up her sleeve as well."

Character Name:
Sexuality/Romanticism:
Species: (In game)
Class: (In game)

Appearance: (Pictures or descriptions work fine, include one for them IRL and in the game if they are different)

Personality: (Again, short or long)
Personal History: (Can be as long or as short as you want, so long as there is some information as to who they were before joining the game)
Character History: (Optional)

Notable Skills: (fighting styles, good at driving, ect)
Abilities: (optional, basically any superhuman abilities or magical abilities your character has including racial features)
Notable flaws: (supernatural or regular weaknesses)
Gear: (acquired gear such as weapons and otherwise)

Extra details: (optional, trivial details about the character)

View attachment 685102

Well for sure there's enough people to start. Perhaps it is more than one party who are stuck in the game world that end up having to join forces? I haven't done it myself, but I know of other DMs who have run one campaign but had more than one party active in the game world. I was in two games like this myself, but they were World of Darkness games rather than D&D.

In terms of Class and Race, the DM allowed for anything that was official material or unearthed arcana for 5th Edition Dungeons and Dragons. This includes adventure expansions such as Eberron and Curse of Strahd and regular expansions such as Volo's Guide of Monsters, Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes and Xanathar's Guide to Everything.

TL,DR- Anything published by Wizards of the Coast for 5e.

Furthermore, homebrew was allowed too, just so long as it wasn't too ridiculous or overpowered. In other words, don't sign up as this: McChicken (5e Race) - D&D Wiki

You can come up with your own race and/or class if you want, just so long as it isn't too silly (see above).
The parties were also starting at level 5 in the campaign, which makes them just below average in terms of power leveling. As per my own understanding, Level 1 characters are cannon fodder and Level 20 characters are DemiGods.

You don't have to list every ability or spell if you're taking it straight from the books, just give an average idea as to what the character is capable of.
For example: "The Wizard is a Transmutation Wizard, with some elemental magic up her sleeve as well."

Character Name:
Sexuality/Romanticism:
Species: (In game)
Class: (In game)

Appearance: (Pictures or descriptions work fine, include one for them IRL and in the game if they are different)

Personality: (Again, short or long)
Personal History: (Can be as long or as short as you want, so long as there is some information as to who they were before joining the game)
Character History: (Optional)

Notable Skills: (fighting styles, good at driving, ect)
Abilities: (optional, basically any superhuman abilities or magical abilities your character has including racial features)
Notable flaws: (supernatural or regular weaknesses)
Gear: (acquired gear such as weapons and otherwise)

Extra details: (optional, trivial details about the character)
Are we getting an OOC page & a Character page?

((P.S. lvl 5 is a great level to start at nice choice))

Although the lore of the world is still a WIP (and there's only so much the characters would know going in, it'll expand as the game goes on) I will mention that although gunpowder and firearms are a thing, the world is more dependent on magic, as such although the world is set in a world close to the 16-1700s guns aren't necessarily everywhere.

Think cannons, flintlocks and the occasional blunderbuss.
Keep that in mind if you want your character to be a gunslinger type.

Are we getting an OOC page & a Character page?

((P.S. lvl 5 is a great level to start at nice choice))

Yes, I'm going to get that up asap. Thankfully I'm off work for the next few days so it should be up soon. Hopefully, if not by tomorrow then by the day after.

Interested. Since this is using 5E rule set for character creation would it possible to just link one if my DnDbeyond characters? Has every bit of information one would need regarding a character. Stats, skills, equipment, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back