Experiences Roleplaying Raves

I love my boys. Can't believe the big dumb rp Phantom Thief of Hearts Phantom Thief of Hearts , Crenando Crenando and I created over 2 years ago is still going strong to this day. Thanks for being chill for all these long months, and thanks for having fun!
Thepotatogod Thepotatogod Topless Topless MrSaturnUL MrSaturnUL The Omen of Death The Omen of Death Birdsie Birdsie Verite Verite Bixir Bixir Table Table StaidFoal StaidFoal SpaceRavens03 SpaceRavens03 FoolsErin FoolsErin Garficcino Garficcino Crow Crow

Special thanks to the other bois whom I've had a lot of fun writing characters and stories alongside over the years (and I'm probably forgetting plenty):
Haz. Haz. marc122 marc122 Venom Adhamm Venom Adhamm

Last edited:
I'm not exactly sure what I have that is probably fully "positive" per say, but I can't never forget that darkred darkred introducing me into this site and Beyond Infinite Crisis allowed me to meet people like Phantom Thief of Hearts Phantom Thief of Hearts who helped me out of a funk i didn't realised I was in. Meeting him also eventually led to me improving my creative mindset as he shared me more inspirations of other works he's read while also meeting more cool people on RPN like Count Gensokyo Count Gensokyo , Thepotatogod Thepotatogod and Topless Topless etc. I also ended up invited my gf Akiko Tamotsu Akiko Tamotsu here but well, we ended up not being quite as active here weeks later.

It didn't change the fact that coming here had shaped me to be better than how I was back in Iwaku. Mature is not really the right word to describe it since I do still have my moments but I definitely see things more sensibly now. I wouldn't have wanted to know how I would be had I not come here

Edit: For those whom I've interacted with and didn't mention here, I'm really sorry for leaving you guys out.

Oh and love I know you saw this. Hopefully you've enough rest since you slept late

Last edited:
I once was in a high school roleplay where I got to experience something I never have before: my character and my character's love interest breaking up and getting back together.

It was glorious and full of the angsty moments I live for.

Glad to have a good rp partner, and happy to be in another rp with silly, easy-going, nice folk where they love showing off pics of their cats~

Talking about future angst in rp is as fun as actually playing that angst. XD

Lol. That is so true though. I love talking about future scenes for roleplays because it gives everyone involved something to look forward to!

Yes totally! It keeps the interest up and something to look forward to!
I love discussing rp ideas OOC.

Honestly, I recently came back from a big RP break ('cos life) and I'm super happy to already have some really solid writing partners <3

Honestly, I recently came back from a big RP break ('cos life) and I'm super happy to already have some really solid writing partners <3
That's such a great feeling! I'm glad that you are finding success after your break. Welcome back!

I am extremely pleased with all the roleplays I have right now. My partners are great, creative people and we have sooo many wonderful arcs planned! I also managed to give myself a mini-depression with one of my replies yesterday, which always hurts in the best possible way. The emotional involvement!!!

I am extremely pleased with all the roleplays I have right now. My partners are great, creative people and we have sooo many wonderful arcs planned! I also managed to give myself a mini-depression with one of my replies yesterday, which always hurts in the best possible way. The emotional involvement!!!
That's honestly one of the best parts... Emotional investment.

Gonna give a big "Thank You" to Nubby Nubs Nubby Nubs for filling our much needed role of GM in the WH40K RP that Karcen Karcen , Zeth Zeth , Soviet Panda Soviet Panda , HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest , VomitIcicle VomitIcicle , and myself have been tenaciously pushing to get going for a bit.

I feel like a lot of my comments and posts on this site were on a lean towards the bickering and 'downer' sentiment, and it's nice to finally have something to look forward to for a change.

I have like, two stable partners. One of them is on and off, and while the other is shorter in reply length I ADORE our roleplay. We have two going, one an AU, we share memes and headcanons on a whim, hell, I brought up an unrelated meme about a canon character in our roleplay being fond of cats and we're diving into a plot point about how he neglected to mention he owns several.
Good, fun times.

Gonna give a big "Thank You" to Nubby Nubs Nubby Nubs for filling our much needed role of GM in the WH40K RP that Karcen Karcen , Zeth Zeth , Soviet Panda Soviet Panda , HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest , VomitIcicle VomitIcicle , and myself have been tenaciously pushing to get going for a bit.

I feel like a lot of my comments and posts on this site were on a lean towards the bickering and 'downer' sentiment, and it's nice to finally have something to look forward to for a change.
I'm honestly happy that you found some friends. People tend to find them in the most surprising forms.

I'm honestly happy that you found some friends. People tend to find them in the most surprising forms.
Yeah, the Warhammer 40,000 fandom has gotten pretty big over the years. I got into the miniature painting hobby back in 93'. Tbh, I should be more well-versed in the lore all things considering. But either way, I'm very happy to have found some other Hammer-heads here

I know I've already posted here and I'm not sure if more than one rave is allowed (oop?)
And they know how much I love our roleplay a bunch but felt like saying a bit more.... Again but Onmyoji Onmyoji you continuously serve me an unhealthy amount of angst in our roleplay (And I live for it, even when my brain is going "aaaaa whyyyy") and your interpretation of the character is so good! It's exceeded my expectations, honestly. When I first threw out that interest check, I had just come out of a failed version of that plot and I was really itching to find someone who was just as enthusiastic of the fandom it belongs to and could... Get it, I suppose? It's a really different feeling when your RP partner enjoys the set up like you do. So many times roleplaying has felt more like a chore... Shoot replies back and forth but they feel uninspired and I don't feel into whatever is going on. So when you agreed to try out the plot (and a ship that seems to not really be as popular as the fandom's main one. Hell, some people kinda dislike it too?) with an open mind, I was excited as much as I was pretty nervous but it's great fun. Even just chatting about it, talking about the characters that have lived rent free in my head since I discovered them, exploring the "what if....?" situation of our roleplay makes my day a lot better. And you're a pretty neat person to talk with as well. Our chats do get me out of my funk, and the roleplay lifts up my mood, hopefully this roleplay lives a long life!

Oop that was... Quite long, sorry yall haha.

Also, I know they're probably gonna see this when they log on so Onmyoji, if you see this, I'm sorry for that last reply xD the choo choo angst train is running at full speed ahead!

Aaaaah!!! Praise the angst roleplay. Aaaaaah!!!

I know :_; it's a struggle when me, as the roleplayer, wishes to jump into the story and hug the both of them but me, as the writer, knows I need to get into the character's head and react to the situation as they would (canon character here) but I'm internally screaming at said character while I type up my responses because... [Tommy Wiseau's voice] "You're tearing me apart, Lisa!!"

Reid Reid lol what have you made me wake up to XD it's not that easy to make me blush but you managed ^^
Thank you for making my day better!

This rp is really unique. A lot of rp are dedicated to characters getting together. But this rp is actually about characters drifting apart. It's very interesting to explore.

it's a struggle when me, as the roleplayer, wishes to jump into the story and hug the both of them but me, as the writer, knows I need to get into the character's head and react to the situation as they would (canon character here) but I'm internally screaming at said character while I type up my responses because... [Tommy Wiseau's voice] "You're tearing me apart, Lisa!!"
So much this. It's a lot of fun when you as the player wouldn't do what the character would do but you need to stay in character.
This is what roleplaying is and what makes it interesting.

Playing canon characters would inevitably be OOC at some point, but the thing is, if both rp partners have similar interpretation of the characters, it clicks and you perceive OOC moments as natural even when you're aware they might be OOC.

Crayons Crayons see how the rp child is doing well XD

Onmyoji Onmyoji Imma keep singing this roleplay's praises haha
No problem :D, especially since the ooc chats + rp make me feel the same!

🤔You know, I never really thought about that, but it's true. Our characters are finding themselves being pulled apart. Too many lies, too much betrayal and heartache.

So much this. It's a lot of fun when you as the player wouldn't do what the character would do but you need to stay in character.
This is what roleplaying is and what makes it interesting.

Playing canon characters would inevitably be OOC at some point, but the thing is, if both rp partners have similar interpretation of the characters, it clicks and you perceive OOC moments as natural even when you're aware they might be OOC.

Right! And in our case, the original canon only gave us hints and "flashes" of events of those characters' lives so there is bound to be a time where you kinda have to... Fill in the blanks with what you have.

Haha yes Crayons Crayons this child is getting all the love!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back