Experiences Roleplaying Raves

Chordling

Bardbarian, the Divine Chordia of Concordia
We need some god damn positivity during these trying times. Come and share your roleplaying highlights, brags, and celebrations with us! We all deserve to embrace the little things.
Today, I finished writing a character sheet that I spent about five hours on the other night. I was afraid that I wouldn't understand the building system at first, because it is a dice roleplay, but I managed to figure out most of the mechanics after I had the time to sit down and review the material. It's a roleplay I'm looking forward too with a lot of excitement!

I have over 100 pages of a lower-energy roleplay and while the replies are short, we're having a lot of fun!!

After one heck of a bad week which resulted in a significant postpone of all things roleplay, I finally got back into things a few days ago. I was honestly dreading trying to regain my hype because I thought it would be a lot harder than it actually was, but with one evening of refreshing our memories and planning, I'm just as excited as ever! It was a really good note after a long week of catastrophes followed by catastrophes.

I ruined the fluff in a rp with angst and it was fun XD And generally that rp is swinging between fluff and angst all the time and so are we, going between awwww and crying in the corner.

I ruined the fluff in a rp with angst and it was fun XD And generally that rp is swinging between fluff and angst all the time and so are we, going between awwww and crying in the corner.
Must be a realistic/ modern roleplay.

There was this one time I used my brain to defeat an opponent in a fandom tournament RP.

The opponent pulled cosmic powers out of her ass so I had to use stronger canonical forms until I reached my reality warping trump card that turned the entire earth into the blade of a sword, in which it would cut through the opponent just once to win via ring out in a fight that would've otherwise gone forever.

It's an RP moment I will never forget.

I once accidentally started a civil war in a GoT RP, with all the purpose of Mr. Bean wandering through it all. It ended up with a Shakespearean death spiral.

God, that RP was good...

My character just said the ideal thing to promote the growth of my partner's character...
Whilst my other character has a breakdown outside.
Good times!

Shout out to all my recent players who have really engaged with the material and put effort in to create some great characters I'm excited to inflict terrible trials upon.

I recently haven't been hanging out on other parts of the site, and then I see this, only to see that my current partner already posted something xD.

So I'll add, Onmyoji if you see this, although I've already told you, I love our roleplay. It's fantastic, being able to indulge in the thing I've been into for months with someone that equally is as enthusiastic about it is a rare thing but I'm glad we did start that roleplay, as I said.

Now, for the question to this thread itself:

There were times when I thought oh shit what am I writing I think this might be too much (for the character) because I'm playing a fandom canon character but it works out in the end. And yes, lots of angst and fluff swinging around like a pendelum back and forth. But it's all good fun!
I know a lot of people tend to flinch at the idea of playing canon characters rather than OCs, but honestly? I'm warming up to the idea because of my current roleplay. Being able to explore alternate possibilities is interesting!

I recently haven't been hanging out on other parts of the site, and then I see this, only to see that my current partner already posted something xD.

So I'll add, Onmyoji if you see this, although I've already told you, I love our roleplay. It's fantastic, being able to indulge in the thing I've been into for months with someone that equally is as enthusiastic about it is a rare thing but I'm glad we did start that roleplay, as I said.

Now, for the question to this thread itself:

There were times when I thought oh shit what am I writing I think this might be too much (for the character) because I'm playing a fandom canon character but it works out in the end. And yes, lots of angst and fluff swinging around like a pendelum back and forth. But it's all good fun!
I know a lot of people tend to flinch at the idea of playing canon characters rather than OCs, but honestly? I'm warming up to the idea because of my current roleplay. Being able to explore alternate possibilities is interesting!

My godchild is so loved. 😭😍

I'm going to put this as my roleplaying rave. I matchmade these two and they are having so much fun. XD

I matchmade these two
From Iconoclast to Matchmaker, oh how times have changed.

So one thing I remember is my oc helping an NPC that was sorta neutral and stuck in a bad situation with the bag guys. It was a pretty long arc but eventually we got him outta there and even found a way back to his homeland. Was very satisfying lol

The two RPs I run crossed the 2 year mark and I couldn't be more proud. A lot of the members have been there from the beginning and everyone's still so excited and engaged in the story. I find that so amazing given that they're two very different RPs with two different groups of people.

We took a long break due to complications from the Covid situation but when we started up again, it was like we never left. We're moving as quickly as ever without losing the interest and quality.

I'm so proud of everyone and our stories, it just lifts me up in every part of my life.

What the heck, I’ll go...
(Turning this into a partner gush, get over it.)

Snaps for peritwinkle peritwinkle for being the brains of our RP and remembering the plot points when I don’t. ❤️👑
Snaps for Erica Erica for her limitless patience and encouragement. ❤️ ⚔️
Snaps for ashwynne ashwynne , who pretends to laugh at my RP-related TikToks. ❤️🌌
Snaps for Chrysanthemum Chrysanthemum for being the best bad cop ever. ❤️🔥

My partners are the most brilliant storytellers ever. I am so lucky 😍.

I recently revealed a whole thing where I was roleplaying a character who was shapeshifted into another character and trying to spy on everyone. The whole reveal thing was set up with the GM, but it was still so fun to write said reveal and all the planning I did with said GM for their disguise was a blast. Here's to hoping roleplaying said character, after their cover is blown, is just as fun as it was before said reveal.

I just feel so lucky with the current roleplays I have/ am currently planning. Like I have this groove down and I just want to keep grooving and never let it stop. This feeling is the reason why I love to roleplay. -swoons-

The person I had 100+ pages with? We have started a second roleplay at the same time.

Once got to fight a giant rainbow bird over the right to stick to the set schedule for a food festival. Good times.

I want to thank all of the roleplaying partners I had in the past (you know who you are). You guys helped to shape me who I am as a writer and I’ve become very proud of my recent work. Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back