• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Robotech - The Invid War - OOC Thread

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Psychie Psychie

Should I go with the Marine Techincal officer from 2nd edition ueef sourcebook?

Or the Techincal Officer from the Shadow Chronicles?

Both are fairly different enough that one or the other would have impact. The marines certainly seems to get some better things with it. It also seems more combat and field focused.

The shadow chronicles Techincal officer seems more Fleet centric, with, if I read correctly, fills more support and command role than the marine officer does but with less field readiness.

Given that I'm not quite sure the sort of division we are working in, I figured it best to seek your thoughts on this matter.

Both are good for what I want. If some of you take the Marine path compared to some taking a Navy/Fleet path, it will just have the effect of a combined squadron that you are now in.

I personally like the feel of the Marine Tech Officer for a war story, but that's just my opinion.

I personally like the feel of the Marine Tech Officer for a war story, but that's just my opinion.
That's what I was thinking too.

I can take the recon veritech pilot too.

This way, what she becomes much more in tune for field study.

And with this being the expeditionary fleets beginnings, a science offer able to be in the field effectively and not have to rely on mainly labs could be very beneficial on the front lines. And thematically still fit a war story.

Also. Another reason to go with the marines.

I can copy and paste from the PDF and shave 2 days off of making the CS!

I am personally debating on making a change on my character sheet to being a STORM Commando OCC. It has a lot of great skills, I can start out with the Alpha as a piloting skill, and that is all before the MOS Package.

Thoughts?

There is still time to go with that route if you want. Just make sure you change your attributes and bonuses appropriately.

If I start out with HtH expert.

I spend a skill to get Hth MA.

I would need to spend another to get Jeet Kun Do, correct?

I change my mind. I take it back actually. I thank you profusely. And owe you a great debt into making things such much easier in getting Charlise out faster.

Here is my reroll for my SDC, since I'm making the change to STORM Commando.

I have less now than I did before

Nevermind. I forgot to roll for my Wrestling

Last edited:
Both my OCC and MOS have the skill Sensory equipment.

Both give a +15% bonus.

Do I add the bonus?

And, do I add one level worth of % for a repeat skill to the skill?

Hm... I thought we'd be doing a bit more with space, so I'll need to give a bit more thought on what kind of path to take.

Here's a question. The STORM Commando OCC gives me HtH Commando, and the Close Quarters Combat MOS gives me HtH Commando. Can I use that to get my upgrade to Jeet Kun Do without having to spend another skill?

Hm... I thought we'd be doing a bit more with space, so I'll need to give a bit more thought on what kind of path to take.
Take your time. I understand that with the holidays things will be a bit crazy for everyone.
Here's a question. The STORM Commando OCC gives me HtH Commando, and the Close Quarters Combat MOS gives me HtH Commando. Can I use that to get my upgrade to Jeet Kun Do without having to spend another skill?
I'll give it to you, since there is the double skill.

Soon, but not yet. They will be developed with the later versions of the Cyclone. Your Pilot Ground Veritechs skill will cover them, but if you want the full combat ability for the Silverback, you'll need to get the MECT skill later on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back