• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Robotech - The Invid War - OOC Thread

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
D. Rex D. Rex don't forget to edit the HtH section of your sheet. It is still showing the starting bonuses for Commando training.
I will! I'm probably going to have to redo that section and bring it all down to the default of her OCC anyway. Unless I got some skills to spare somehow.

That is not a horrible set of numbers. The 21 is good, especially since it is before any of your skill bonuses.

That is not a horrible set of numbers. The 21 is good, especially since it is before any of your skill bonuses.
Given she is a scientist, it will certainly go to IQ, since I dont recall any IQ boosts.

Also! Given she is a technical/science officer. Should I make her with the veritech pilot occ or something else?

Rolling for attributes, but I'm still not 100% sure on O.C.C/M.O.S.

That's pretty awful... Any chance I could try again?

Ok, I have a clue for a few things on my character. Just found some things about this, so I'll brush up when I can, all I'll say is, I like my rolls, so they'll be human. Anything else that I should know?

Also! Given she is a technical/science officer. Should I make her with the veritech pilot occ or something else?
If you go with the Technical Officer, you'll need to buy the Pilot Veritech and MECT Veritech of Choice from your Secondary/Other skills in order to be able to fly effectively.
Ok, I have a clue for a few things on my character. Just found some things about this, so I'll brush up when I can, all I'll say is, I like my rolls, so they'll be human. Anything else that I should know?
Sounds good. As you go along and come up with questions, don't hesitate to ask either myself or Sherwood.

Once you have your OCC picked out, you then have your MOS package to select, and the Natural Aptitude Bonus found on pg 69 of the Core Rules and reprinted on pg 19 of the UEEF Marines Sourcebook. They can give you some good stuff.

If you go with the Technical Officer, you'll need to buy the Pilot Veritech and MECT Veritech of Choice from your Secondary/Other skills in order to be able to fly effectively.

If I went tech officer occ/science officer mos, the mos replaces the occ skills I think. The MOS let's me choose something to pilot. But would I have a free skill to choose MECT?

And if I chose Jack of all trades as am Aptitude, would I be constrained to only MOS within my OCC, or do I get to pick from any MOS?

If I went tech officer occ/science officer mos, the mos replaces the occ skills I think. The MOS let's me choose something to pilot. But would I have a free skill to choose MECT?

And if I chose Jack of all trades as am Aptitude, would I be constrained to only MOS within my OCC, or do I get to pick from any MOS?
The Jack of all Trades can be used to pick up skill packages from other OCCs, you just need to remember that you don't get the bonuses on them.

The Technical Officer from the core book doesn't come with any Piloting Skills to it, but you do get 4 OCC Related Skills and 2 Secondary Skills that you can use to get the two.

You do need to also keep in mind that unless you pick a MOS Package with an upgrade to your HtH skill, you start with HtH: Basic. It will take you one skill to upgrade to Expert, one more to Martial Arts, and a third to get to one of the Advanced Martial Art styles. If you are in need of a skill, you can pick up the MECT at level 2, and you'll just have your basic combat ability in the Alpha or Beta until then.

Another thing you can do is get the Technical Officer OCC, pick the MOS Package with it that you want, use your Jack of all Trades to get either the Alpha or Beta Pilot MOS, and still have your 6 other skills to pick up your HtH skills and Boxing.

Psychie Psychie
Since none of the attributes I rolled provide any meaningful bonuses, can I start again from scratch? Even if you roll them this time?

I think the site's dice roller has an attitude problem again.

Psychie Psychie
Since none of the attributes I rolled provide any meaningful bonuses, can I start again from scratch? Even if you roll them this time?

I think the site's dice roller has an attitude problem again.
Either way, you'll be stuck with the outcome. Still want to do it? Or shall I roll for you?

The Jack of all Trades can be used to pick up skill packages from other OCCs, you just need to remember that you don't get the bonuses on them.

The Technical Officer from the core book doesn't come with any Piloting Skills to it, but you do get 4 OCC Related Skills and 2 Secondary Skills that you can use to get the two.

You do need to also keep in mind that unless you pick a MOS Package with an upgrade to your HtH skill, you start with HtH: Basic. It will take you one skill to upgrade to Expert, one more to Martial Arts, and a third to get to one of the Advanced Martial Art styles. If you are in need of a skill, you can pick up the MECT at level 2, and you'll just have your basic combat ability in the Alpha or Beta until then.
The science officer MOS had "Pilot: Any" as its listed skill.

So I get MOS and OCC related skills? Yay!

Might pick up a pilot MOS then. Especially since it's just the skills I need.

Though, if you are expecting this rp to be more battle heavy than skill heavy, I can go veritech pilot OCC and have science officer as a secondary MOS.

And I'm not TOO worried about her having MA. She has twig arms. Would want it for applicable bonuses to mecha combat.

Yeah, I'd like at least one attribute I can derive some kind of bonus from. Right now the choice of where to put things just seems kind of pointless.

I'll try letting you roll this time. I don't really have much to lose based on what the site's roller came up with.

The science officer MOS had "Pilot: Any" as its listed skill.
That looks like it is on your list of skills you can purchase from the various categories. It shows you that you can get your OCC Related Skills, like in the Communications category, showing you that any skill in that section gets a +10% to it.

Yeah, I'd like at least one attribute I can derive some kind of bonus from. Right now the choice of where to put things just seems kind of pointless.

I'll try letting you roll this time. I don't really have much to lose based on what the site's roller came up with.
Cool. I'll have your numbers ready in a moment.

That looks like it is on your list of skills you can purchase from the various categories. It shows you that you can get your OCC Related Skills, like in the Communications category, showing you that any skill in that section gets a +10% to it.
But isnt MOS package a package of skills you recieve?

Also, to correct myself. It was "pilot: one of choice"

Screenshot_20191204-224345_Dropbox.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back