• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Robotech - The Invid War - OOC Thread

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
So far, I see that all of us have taken the Alpha as our primary Veritech to fly. Should I switch over to the Beta to give us some variety?

If you wish to, that would be fine. Depending on what Rykon Rykon chooses, it would give us an even mix of Alphas and Betas. If not, I can also introduce an NPC or two to give you the Beta fighters as a booster.

So far, I see that all of us have taken the Alpha as our primary Veritech to fly. Should I switch over to the Beta to give us some variety?
As a commando, it would make more sense for you to take the nifty Alpha for your storming.

I can reason commando pretty easily, should we need one. Taking a more support roll, and a backseat approach given the squishy field of expertise.

Also could be better argued to be able to carry a silverback when they eventually exist :3

If everyone has an Alpha fighter, I can occasionally have you work with another squad to give you the extra speed of the Beta fighters in the times that it is needed.

It is not a big deal to me, so whatever is good for the squad.

Same here. The main reason I chose Alpha was only because that was what what Charlie had before.

BEEEEESIIIIIDES. I got low PP. More missiles will be counter that.

Well, the Beta can haul more than the Alpha can, especially when you add in the wing mounted hard points.

The Beta has more firepower than the Alpha does, with its three Eu-13's and 56 missiles internally, and up to 30 mini-missiles on the wings, if you go that route.

Not to mention more armor. Always a good thing for you squishy science types.

Not to mention more armor. Always a good thing for you squishy science types.
Very true. Didnt think of that.

Though the beta cant go battloid until its hard points are used up or ejected. Though the beta doesnt have much to offer in battloid mode anyway.

The Beta has more firepower than the Alpha does, with its three Eu-13's and 56 missiles internally, and up to 30 mini-missiles on the wings, if you go that route.

It has 6 hard points. With each hard point holding 6 mini's.

So should it be 24?

That's assuming we load up with mini's. It can pack a variety of either Mediums, Shorts and Mini's.

I am apparently horrible at math.

So, 56 + 36 minis, to a max 92, not including bombs.

That's assuming we load up with mini's. It can pack a variety of either Mediums, Shorts and Mini's.
In your expert opinion. Is firing bigger missiles better than more smaller missiles?

Depends on the situation. If you want to use them as missile defense, the mini's are much preferred. For the 'reach out and touch someone', you can't beat the mediums.

The short range missiles are a good balance between the two, though.

Hmm.

Btw, I got to know, what the wide flat thing at the top in battleoid mode? Is it a laser or missiles?

Gotcha!

Hmm. Let's see. Its MECT isnt as impressive. No first level bonus, 2 less levels to bonus at, and the bonuses are smaller.

Though not small enough it isnt worth getting.

To a lesser degree. But I dont think it will be all that noticable over all.

I think only 2 extra melee attacks for the alpha, and +1 over a few stats.

Also has the +2 and +3 strike to its lasers, like the alpha. For some reason I thought they didnt.

But yeah, I can go with the beta no problem. Unless everyone wants an alpha squad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back