• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Robotech - Tales of the UEEF (Main)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Feeling pissed off about the first failed missile strike, Scorch takes careful aim as she swoops over the fight, sending six of her short range HEAP missiles at Scrim #3.
40 Short HEAP
8 Mini Fragmentation
30 Mini Plasma
2 Medium Multi-Warhead

Inside the Valkyrie
Number of Attacks: 8
Strike: +15, +18 with the GU-11
Parry: +16
Dodge: +18, +23 in Fighter Mode
Roll with Punch: +8
Initiative: +6

Scrim #3 stands no chance under the withering amount of fire being dished out by Scorch and it is blasted to bits.

Orikanyo Orikanyo is up

"Getting on the last two! Firing!!" grumpy arms 3 of his medium high explosive (heavy) and sends them hurtling down towards the two scrimm, hoping to catch them both in the big nasty blast. Failing that head target one.

left wing
3 medium high explosive (heavy) -3
5 high explosive (medium) -3

right ring
2 proton torpedos

Radar
12 high explosive (medium)

MDS
High-Explosive minis

Grumpy fires his set of missiles, and while they do launch, they fail to track their target and self-detonate for safety.

While all of this is going on, the Destroids are dishing out a major league pounding to the Odeons, but the heavy Inorganics are very tough, and it is slow going to get through them on the way to the Temple of Life and the UEEF forces are taking casualties.

As you wait for Juryrig to have a clean shot on the last Scrim, the large gas globes on each shoulder begin to spew their deadly contents out into the air.

Alex immediately hits the radio, "We have a Scrim spraying nerve gas in grid G8! We need medical teams to stand by for deployment once the area is clear of Invid."

"Copy that. Decon teams are ready to move out."

At this point, the Scrim has one more charge of gas available to it. Any hope of keeping the area contamination down will depend on if you can eliminate the Scrim before it can react again.

Kwops Kwops is up

"God fucking damn it stupid-" Mic shut off due to automatic censor

Last edited:
Juryrig's eyes widen as he sees the last Scrim begin releasing its payload. "Shit! We dont have any more time! We've got to take that thing out fast!" Juryrig lines up a missile barrage, making sure to keep the Falcon as steady as possible. "Better make this one count, its our last shot." Arming four more multi-warheads, Juryrig fires and hopes for the best.

It says for the missiles in the Lore page that normal missiles have a +3 to strike, so I added that for the missiles in the post. However, the book mentions guided missiles having a +3, but not regular missiles. Should the +3 be added, or not? Am I misunderstanding the book?
'

8 HEAP Mini-missiles
26 Medium HE Short-range missiles
NP-BP-02 Beam Cannons
4 Multi-Warhead Medium-range missiles

The missiles slam into the Scrim, blasting it to pieces and leaving a crater in the street where it was standing. There is still a expanding gas cloud, but at the moment it is somewhat contained thanks to the fast reaction of the Veritechs hitting it so hard.

The Lieutenant in charge of the ground forces hits his radio. "Great shooting, Storm Dragons! Go ahead and break off here and get to the Temple. I already have six Spartas on their way now but they may need some air support."
A normal missile has a +3 to strike. Guided missiles, indicated by the ** mark, have a +5.

Once grumpy manually disengages the censor, he responds. "Certainly, on our way now." grumpy motioned to Scorch and the others before he head on ahead. "Next engagement isn't gonna end up like the last, fucking stupid targetting-" *censor warning beeps* "Who the fudge put THIS in here!? What did they do to my bird!?"

Scorch lets out a laugh. "Your reputation in the fleet must be spreading for them to do that to your mecha! Such a potty mouth! Lets go and liberate this place!"

Juryrig snickers a little as Grumpy complains about the censor. "Hey, if you want, I might be able to work your systems around whatever they're using to censor your comms. I didn't get my nickname for tampering with trials, after all." As he talks, he falls in with Grumpy and Scorch on their way to the Temple.

"Ugh... I'll DEAL with it, I knew this day would come..."

From the back seat, Alex gives off a chuckle, but says nothing about Grumpy's woes. His tone quickly changes as he reports, "I have the Temple on my scope. We are just about three miles out. There are a bunch of Invid around the structure, most of which are fighting the six Hover Tanks that have pulled up in range of their guns. No sign of any more Scrim, though. That's good news there."

From the radar feed from the radome on Grumpy's Valkyrie, you can see that there is a total of 20 Invid of various types; 10 Shock Troopers, 2 Enforcers, and eight Soldiers. They are giving the Spartas team a hard time, even as the tanks are dishing out some solid damage to the fliers.

Initiative rolls, please

Scorch toggles her mecha into Guardian mode as they fly closer to the Temple. "Lets do this."
40 Short HEAP
8 Mini Fragmentation
30 Mini Plasma
2 Medium Multi-Warhead

Inside the Valkyrie

"Hover tanks? Aw man i was almost put in one of those a long time ago, so damn close to riding one of those bad boys to." he rechecked his missiles, everything set, should be nothing wrong with these... by god there shouldn't be.. Stupid damn things... "Don't get laughing Alex or so help me god I'll start doing those loops you love so much."

"Oh man, have you seen one of the Destroids yet? What I wouldnt GIVE to drive one of those things! Or just control the guns. So, so many guns..." Juryrig's concentration momentarily lapses as he daydreams about piloting a Destroid into battle, and his hands momentarily slip off the controls. The sudden shaking startles him out of his daydream, and he jolts straight up in the seat. "Damn! I do that too much. Focus on the mission." He switches the Falcon into Guardian mode, and readies his beam cannons and short-range missiles.

8 HEAP Mini-missiles
26 Medium HE Short-range missiles
NP-BP-02 Beam Cannons
4 Multi-Warhead Medium-range missiles

Last edited:
At this point, the three of you are closing in on the Temple, but you are still out of range of the Invid's weaponry for them to try and target you. Instead, they pour fire on the Hover Tanks below, doing some damage to the Spartas' heavy armor.

The tanks use their gun pods to fire up at the Invid, and between the first three, they manage to take out one of the heavy Enforcers.

@orkanyo is up

21 - Enforcer 2 [1]
18 - Shock Troopers 1-5 [1]
15 - Spartas 1-3 [1]
13 - Grumpy <====
11 - Scorch
11 - Juryrig
10 - Soldiers 1-4
8 - Spartas 4-6
7 - Shock Troopers 6-10
5 - Soldiers 5-8

(With my current load out, do you think it's possible to deal some large damage to multiple targets with proton Torpedoes or some of the other missiles? I wish to deal as much as I can to a larger assortment of foes to soften them up.)

left wing

right ring
2 proton torpedos

Radar

MDS
High-Explosive minis

The groups of Soldiers are in tight formation with one another, so you can hit one group with your Proton Torpedoes no problem.

"This time wont be like the last, lets go!" grumpy took stock of his targets and drew a line on the group of soldiers 6-10.

They will never know what hit em, he thought as he fired a proton torpedo upon them.

However, his auto censor came up again, telling the others something had, indeed, gone exactly like last time.

left wing

right ring
2 proton torpedos

Radar

MDS
High-Explosive minis

Last edited:
Unfortunately, the missile fails to track on target, and it self destructs to keep it from hitting some other target.

Psychie Psychie and Kwops Kwops are both up

21 - Enforcer 2 [1]
15 - Spartas 1-3 [1]
13 - Grumpy [1]
11 - Scorch <====
11 - Juryrig <====
10 - Soldiers 1-4
8 - Spartas 4-6
7 - Shock Troopers 6-10
5 - Soldiers 5-8

Scorch decides to try the same tactic as Grumpy, but using the last two of her Multi-Warhead missiles on Soldiers 1-4.
40 Short HEAP
8 Mini Fragmentation
30 Mini Plasma

Inside the Valkyrie

Critical Strike! The two missiles are more than a match for the armor of the Soldiers, and they are blotted from the sky in a bright flash.

Kwops Kwops is up

21 - Enforcer 2 [1]
15 - Spartas 1-3 [1]
13 - Grumpy [1]
11 - Scorch [1]
11 - Juryrig <====
8 - Spartas 4-6
7 - Shock Troopers 6-10
5 - Soldiers 5-8

Juryrig turns towards the batch of Shock Troopers and sets his beam cannons' sights on #6. Narrowing his eyes and focusing as hard as he can, he opens fire on the Trooper's eyepiece.

Shock Trooper 6 takes the hit to the eyepiece and falls, green fluid spurting out of the shattered eye.

The three Hover Tanks raise up their gun pods and fire on Shock Troopers 7 and 8, taking them out of the fight.

Shock Troopers 9 and 10 both shift their focus to attack Juryrig.

Soldiers 5-8 all aim at Scorch.

The Enforcer continues its attack on the Hover Tanks, melting a bit of armor off of Spartas 1.

Shock Troopers 1-5 take aim at Grumpy.

The three Hover Tanks shift their aim to the Enforcer using their main cannons, and between the three, they blow it out of the sky.

Orikanyo Orikanyo is up

18 - Shock Troopers 1-5 [2]
15 - Spartas 1-3 [2]
13 - Grumpy [1] <====
11 - Scorch [1]
11 - Juryrig [2]
8 - Spartas 4-6 [2]
7 - Shock Troopers 9-10 [1]
5 - Soldiers 5-8 [1]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back