• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Robotech - Tales of the UEEF (Main)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Amanda will attempt a dodge of the incoming fire.
40 Short HEAP
8 Mini Fragmentation
30 Mini Plasma

Inside the Valkyrie
Number of Attacks: 8
Strike: +15, +18 with the GU-11
Parry: +16
Dodge: +18, +23 in Fighter Mode
Roll with Punch: +8
Initiative: +6

Grumpy growled as he attempted to dodge any shots aimed his way by the shock troopers, he'd get his revenge damn it!! that enforcer.. it was his, for certain! Arming the proton torpedo, his last, and the two high explosive (medium) on his right wing he fired them upon the enforcer that fired upon their troops.

left wing
3 medium high explosive (heavy) -3
5 high explosive (medium) -3

right ring
2 proton torpedos -1

Radar
12 high explosive (medium)

MDS
High-Explosive minis

Ah... the.. soldiers then..? I may have... over loaded... i missed the hovertanks killing the enforcer... Damn..

Another Critical Strike. The Soldiers are scattered by the power of the explosion, ripped into pieces by the blast.

Sadly enough, Grumpy's dodge effort is not successful, and you get hit hard by multiple shots for a total 120 MDC. Your armor is a bit melted, but holding.

Scorch is just barely able to evade the shots aimed at her. If the Invid were just a little better on their aim, you would have been hit.

Psychie Psychie is up

18 - Shock Troopers 1-5 [2]
15 - Spartas 1-3 [2]
13 - Grumpy -140 MDC [2]
11 - Scorch [1] <====
11 - Juryrig [2]
8 - Spartas 4-6 [2]
7 - Shock Troopers 9-10 [1]

"SHIT! Not a good day today. Scorch you okay? Send em to hell for this!" Grumpy barked, likely to take a more conservative approach henceforth.

"Shit!" Juryrig exclaims as he veers wildly in an attempt to avoid the Shock Troopers' fire.

She replies to Grumpy, "Yeah, I'm good. Just got to keep focused or I'm going to get toasted. What about you? I saw you get tagged. You holding up ok?" As much as he irritates me, I don't want him to get hurt.

Still in the fight, she lines up a shot with four of her HEAP missiles at Shock Trooper 1.
36 Short HEAP
8 Mini Fragmentation
30 Mini Plasma

Inside the Valkyrie

Last edited:
Juryrig is able to easily evade the Invid fire.

Scorch lines up her missile shot at the Shock Trooper, and you can smile as you watch the armor of the Invid get punched through by the HEAP missiles and explodes.

Kwops Kwops is up

18 - Shock Troopers 2-5 [2]
15 - Spartas 1-3 [2]
13 - Grumpy -140 MDC [2]
11 - Scorch [2]
11 - Juryrig [2] <====
8 - Spartas 4-6 [2]
7 - Shock Troopers 9-10 [1]

In another part of the fight to free the Paraxian home world from the tyranny of the Invid, the Thing is sitting in the cockpit of his Super Valkyrie as you race through the sky looking for targets. You have just finished your reentry, guiding in a pair of dropships to their landing zone to deploy ground forces and are now on the hunt for any Invid that might come across your path.

At the moment, your particular patch of sky is clear. The peace and quiet doesn't last long, thanks to a signal from a Raven AWACS aircraft. "VF-104, we have unconfirmed reports of a sizable Inorganic force moving towards the central Temple of Life. Alter course to grid square C5 to verify location, numbers and types of Invid units."

Your current missile load is:
6 Medium Range Multi-Warhead (5d6x10)
15 Mini Plasma (1d6x10)
15 Mini HEAP (1d4x10)
23 Short Range Plasma (2d6x10)
23 Short Range HEAP (2d6x10)
8 Mini HEAP (1d4x10)

Red Shadow Claws Red Shadow Claws

The Thing acknowledges the transmission "Copy that, am on my way" Time to get back at the Invid.

With that, he makes his way to grid square C5, to see what damage he can bring to those who enslaved his race. His medical skills would not be needed on any of the Invids. They can rot for all he cares.

The Thing arcs his Valkyrie around as you head for the designated grid, searching for any signs of Invid ground units. It does not take long before you spot your targets: three Odeons, six Cougars, one Scrim, and a Crann. They are on their way to the center of the floating city where the Paraxian genetics lab known as the Temple of Life is located. From you briefing before the attack, you do know that the Scrim is considered to be a critical target to hit, thanks to its ability to release deadly nerve gas out into the area. If it is allowed to vent its gas, it has the potential to wipe out hundreds of the civilian population.
Details on the Inorganics are located in the Lore section, complete with their MDC values so you know how much hurt you have to dish out to kill one.

If there is one thing The Thing hated about the Invid the most, is their lack of respect for the lives of other races, embodied in the Scrim. He hadn't encountered one yet since joining the UEEF, until now, but the slow-to-rage spheroid was now entering an aggressive mode, and besides sending a short message to all other pilots nearby "I see a group of Invids here, and they've got a Scrim, which am gonna take down", he focuses on the monstrosity, and aims his missiles at it. Time to get back at them.

He sends a Multi-warhead at the monstrosity

With the radio message sent, The Thing gets a reply, "Copy that, VF-104. Engage the Scrim. What is the ETA to the Temple, and how many units and what types are in the Invid force? Do you need assistance?"

A quick calculation of the speed of the Odeons tells you that you have less than a minute before they are within range of their weapons to attack the Temple, assuming that is their goal. Also, with the heavy armor of the Odeons, you'll probably need some assistance in taking them down. But, before that happens, you launch your missile into the heart of the formation and hit the Scrim. It takes the hit and is badly damaged, but the abomination is still active.

Give me an Initiative roll, please.

Kwops Kwops a bump for you

The radio crackles in response. "Copy that VF-104. Keep you head up and watch your back. Help is on the way."

As you are in the middle of giving the report to the AWACs aircraft, you glance down in time to see the three Odeons firing their blasters up at you, followed by the Scrim and the Crann. You are very popular right now. Four of the five shots will hit unless you can dodge. Give me a d20 roll with your bonuses added in. The natural 20 will hit unless you roll a 20 of your own.

18 - Odeon 1-3 [1]
12 - Scrim [1] badly damaged
11 - Crann [1]
5 - The Thing <====
4 - Cougar 1-6

Elsewhere, over at the Temple of Life, you get a signal that another group of Inorganics are on their way to your position, along with another Scrim. They will be at the Temple in less than a minute. As the report comes in, the Sergeant in charge of the six Spartas calls out, "We can handle the rest of these Shock Troopers. Two of you can break off and go hit those Inorganics before they can be a problem. Just leave us one of your squad and we'll be good."

Psychie Psychie and Orikanyo Orikanyo give me a Initiative roll

When the signal comes in of another group of Inorganics, Scorch shakes her head. "Just how many of these damn things are there up here? Copy the incoming, and we are moving out to intercept." She switches to the local group. "Sergeant, we'll leave Juryrig here to give you air support until we can get back to our station. Grumpy, lets get moving."
36 Short HEAP
8 Mini Fragmentation
30 Mini Plasma

Inside the Valkyrie

"Coming in hot, i may be batter but not beat yet... And who made you wing Commander Snoopy?" grumpy rattled off back at Scorch as he followed suit. "On our way lets remove any Scrimm from the area immedately!"

left wing

right ring
2 proton torpedos -1

Radar

MDS
High-Explosive minis

Red Shadow Claws Red Shadow Claws is up with his action, and I need a dodge roll from you, please

18 - Odeon 1-3 [1]
14 - Grumpy
13 - Scorch
11 - Crann [1]
5 - The Thing <====
4 - Cougar 1-6

"..Is that a fucking Crann? oh shit, get that Scrimm then take it out quick! We don't need those eyes on us!"

Thing ignores the chatter of the incoming friendlies, as he sees an attack heading his way, and attempts a quick roll and using some flares to keep it from hitting.
He then fires another round at the Scrim, hoping this time it will fry it up, so he can relax about it not hurting civilians.

with that measly 1 for attack roll, am not even gonna roll damage...

Three of the four shots aimed at you miss wide, but the last one hits hard, causing 80 MDC damage to your Veritech. This hit causes a brief power surge as you try to target the Scrim, and the attack fails to go off.

The six Cougars lack a ranged weapon, so all they can do is continue to run down the street towards the Temple.

The three Odeons once more fire up at you.

Orikanyo Orikanyo is up, and Red Shadow Claws Red Shadow Claws has another dodge to make

18 - Odeon 1-3 [2]
14 - Grumpy -140 MDC <====
13 - Scorch
11 - Crann [1]
5 - The Thing -80 MDC [1]
4 - Cougar 1-6 [1]

"takeing down that Scrimm, firing now!" arming a medium high explosive he fired the missile upon the scrim to try and take it out.

left wing
5 high explosive (medium) -5

right ring
5 high explosive (medium) -4
2 proton torpedos -1

Radar

MDS
High-Explosive minis

Last edited:
One of the Odeons manage to get a glancing shot on the Thing as you bob and weave through the sky for another 10 MDC damage.

Grumpy's missile hits the damaged Scrim and manages to finish it off before it can use its deadly gas attack.

Psychie Psychie is up

18 - Odeon 1-3 [2]
14 - Grumpy -140 MDC [1]
13 - Scorch <====
11 - Crann [1]
5 - The Thing -90 MDC [1]
4 - Cougar 1-6 [1]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back