• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Robotech - Tales of the UEEF (Main)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
The Captain looks at Chen with her one good eye with an unreadable expression. "Very well. We shall hold our questions until your high command arrives; no need in trying to negotiate too much with you where your superiors may override your good will. Your fighters outside may work with our own patrols to ensure our continued safety until more of your ships arrive." She then looks down at Grumpy, and says, "Please do not think that I am ungrateful for your offer of performing repairs, but there is little that can be done at the moment without heavy equipment that we lack here in the ship. However, the other vessel, the Garrant, has suffered some damage and might be more in need of getting work done on her than the Rhabwar is." Kendra looks down at one of the giant Amazon women. "Kiri, would you allow this person on your vessel to aid in repairs? His skills might be of more use there, considering the size difference of my ship to yours."

The large woman standing nearby looks at Grumpy and gives him a quizzical look, then she nods. "Very well. I will tell our pilot and crew to expect a visitor. He can join our other repair crews and Commander Barun's Karrbonarians working to get the Garrant repaired for foldspace travel once more. Assuming someone so short can reach to do the work." She grins at Grumpy, wondering what kind of response he will give to the ribbing.

"First Pilot Cabal, would you please return this male to his mecha?"

"By your command, M'Lady. Come Micronian. Come with me."

Kendra then looks back to Chen and Amanda. "You may go with him, or stay here as you wish while we wait for your other ships to arrive."

Chen glances at Amanda and says "I believe I'll remain here while my fellow officers do what they can for your allies." Implicit is her expectation that Scorch accompany Grumpy. "I promise not to be underfoot." The Captain gets a small grin as the Terran expression becomes literal in a Zentraedi-sized ship.

Grumpy responded with a harruph. "I'll have you know I'm the perfect height, a chance at looking at your fascinating technology is something I can't pass up for the life of me." though he paused moment to realize his perfect height was roughly to this woman's hips... His brain decided to not go that path, certain he did not think of anything crass or worthy of the slight blush upon his face.

Most certainly not.

"...Right... Come on Snoopy." he motioned for Scorch to follow as he hoofed it after the immense zentraedi pilot. "Male... Man... Been a long time since I've been called that. Its true, but..." the guy kept on moving, wondering if most the crew here were thinking he was a lackie of the two others...

"The callsign is not Snoopy, its Scorch. Get it right, buddy! But, in the meantime, I would be honored to accompany you to the Garrant to do some repair work, for what little I can do." It will be more accurate that I will be a second camera for the Fleet techies to get a peek into the innards of that ship! "Shall we go to our Valkyries? I don't plan on doing a space walk over without it."

Both Scorch and Grumpy climb back on the small (for a Zentraedi) hover platform and Cabal takes you back to the mecha hangar where Alex is waiting with the Veritechs. As you climb back up into the cockpit, you get a signal from the Aux Command Center to go over to the second ship, and that there is a small landing bay that you are to head for, where several members of the repair crew will be waiting for you.

Once you are out in open space once more, you maneuver over to the second ship. Closing in, you can see that there are several of the large bear people out in large EVA suits performing repairs on the outer hull of the ship, spot welding large metal plates over blast holes. They stop to look at you as the Veritechs come flying in to land in the shuttle bay, then return to work once more.

Inside the shuttle bay, you are met by two more of the bear people. Instead of massive guns, these two have large tool kits on them, marking them as techs. One steps forward and opens up its facemask. "Greetings. I am Lorsa, and this is my mate, Bator. We have been told that you are here to help get the ship back in one piece. There is much to do; main power is out, there are several hull breeches, and over half the ship is without gravity. The Paraxians are skilled fighters, but they don't know as much about mechanics. What are your own designations?"

Inside the Zentraedi Scout Ship, Lightning is now rubbing elbows with the various representatives of the races. You begin to learn that the bear people are from Karbonarra, and for the most part, they are more mechanics than warriors. That doesn't mean that if you piss them off that they won't rip your face off, and when they decide to pick up a weapon, they are fierce fighters. There are nearly a hundred of these beings on the Garrant.

The fox/cat people are Garudians. They require a breath mask in what you consider a normal oxygen/nitrogen atmosphere, and are very skillful pilots with their exceptional reflexes. There are several hundred of them on the Garrant.

The women in their togas are Paraxians. What makes them unusual is that there are no males to their species, and they all reproduce by use of Birthing Centers on their homeworld that uses in vitro fertilization. Despite their archaic appearing weapons of the spear and bow, they are very advanced technologically. The Garrant has several thousand of these Amazons on board.

The rock men are Spherians, and despite their rocky exterior, they are actually energy beings that use the rocky form to interact with the world around them. They feed on sunlight, and can actually die of malnutrition if kept in a dark place. They are asexual, and reproduce by forming a rocky bud that breaks off and grows into a fully articulate adult.

The thing that unites all of these poor races is the fact that they were all once a part of the Robotech Master empire, and have now fallen to the Invid. They hope to find some way of freeing their worlds from the Invid scourge.

From what you are being told, they are seeking out a different race from Haydon IV. No one is quite sure exactly where their homeworld is, so they are hoping against hope to be able to stumble across them by pure luck. They are, according to legend and rumor, a very advanced spacefaring race that has been able to hold off the Invid, either by military might or by just being hidden. Either way, before the UEEF came along, they were the only race out here that anyone has ever heard of that might be able to hold their own in the absence of the Robotech Masters.

Last edited:
Inside the shuttle bay, you are met by two more of the bear people. Instead of massive guns, these two have large tool kits on them, marking them as techs. One steps forward and opens up its facemask. "Greetings. I am Lorsa, and this is my mate, Bator. We have been told that you are here to help get the ship back in one piece. There is much to do; main power is out, there are several hull breeches, and over half the ship is without gravity. The Paraxians are skilled fighters, but they don't know as much about mechanics. What are your own designations?"
Looking waaaay up at these two massive beings, Scorch gives them a salute. "I am Amanda Loxley, a 2nd Lieutenant in the United Earth Expeditionary Forces, and this is Derek Darwin, also a 2nd Lieutenant in the UEEF. That fellow up there in the cockpit is Alex Kilgore, another 2nd Lieutenant. Just to let you know, I am more combat pilot than engineer, but I will do what I can to help out until the real experts back on our ship get here to take over. I hope you don't mind, but would you please tell us what race you are? The only non-humans we have ever encountered are the Zentraedi."

As she waits for the reply, she looks over at Grumpy. "If we are going to do any heavy lifting, work in microgravity, or out in space, we should consider breaking out the Cyclones."

It seems he wouldn't be making his own introduction to the big bear people. "Amanda seemed to have forgotten to mention I am a Marine technical officer, my speacialty is weaponry but I can aid in anything needed. I can attend to mechanical, electrical, protoculture, robotics, and with the help of the cyclones aboard the valkyrie." he motioned to the mecha. "We can keep pace with heavy lifting, something Loxley here would be more than happy to aid with I hear It is her favorite thing might I add."

He smirked. "Though... This technology is incredable, I wnat nothing more than to get to work and compare human and the new tech around here."

Alex joins you down on the deck. "I'm pretty good with computers and electronics, so I might be able to help out a bit, too." He sounds excited with the idea of looking about an alien ship and getting elbow deep into some new technology, just like Grumpy.

The slightly larger one of the bear people lets out a deep chuckle. "Thank you. Any help you can give will be welcome. To answer your question, we come from Karbonarra, but this ship is primarily filled with exiles from Paraxis, with others from Garuda and Spheris. Come. Grab what equipment you might require and we shall show you around to the areas that might benefit the most from your skills."

"Copy that. Alright you three lets get suited and ready. Can't say I'm fitted for full repair work right now but got a field armorer's kits around." Grumpy seemed to have a spring in his step as he went along, getting his cyclone and his kit to head off and learn what he can about the magnificent ship, and maybe abit more about the beings around him as well...

Perhaps with a focus on Paraxians...

Amanda goes up to her Valkyrie and opens up the storage compartment that houses the Cyclone in its travel configuration and pulls it out. With the flip of a switch, the ride armor unfolds and the teenager climbs into it and engages the suit around her. With a snort she realizes that even with the extra height of the Cyclone, the bear people still tower over her. Damn.

She looks at the two Karbonarrians. "I am not as good with a wrench as Grumpy here, but I do have some electronics and basic mechanical knowledge under my belt that I'm willing to use. What can we do to help out?"
First off, what kind of Cyclone is it?
Second, I want to look about the corridors as we travel to try and get a feel for the ship we are in. Is it brand new, or does it look old and beaten up? Is it a warship, cargo ship, passenger liner, or something else completely? How high are the corridors?

You guys can have her choice of either a VR-038 Light Cyclone armed with its RL-6, or a VR-052T Cyclone armed with a EP-40 Pulse Laser on its arm. Let me know which one you want.
Kwops Kwops
Outside the two ships, you are currently holding position as three of your squad mates are allowed inside the Zentraedi Scoutship, all the while you and the other fighters currently in place are getting data feeds from Alex. After about a half hour, you see that Scorch and Grumpy are going to be flying over to the other alien ship to help them out with repairs, leaving Lightning alone to schmooze in the Scoutship. You can now go to either ship to connect up with some of your team, the question is which one do you go to? There is still about three hours before any UEEF ships are going to be along side to aid in repairs or defense of the two.

Psychie Psychie Orikanyo Orikanyo
Inside the Garrant, you can quickly see that this is not a new vessel by any stretch of the imagination. Even in this shuttle bay there are visible patches of rust on the walls, and spots where large pieces of plate steel have been welded in place in a roughshod manner to plug up a gap in the wall or floor. You don't know for certain, but everything you see around you tells you that this ship is old.

Exiting the shuttle bay, the corridor ceiling is ten feet high and fifteen feet wide, making it comfortable for the bear people to walk in here side by side or to be able to pass one another in the hallway. But even with as wide as it is, you are all walking along single file because along each side of the corridor there are people of various races sitting down with their backs to the wall; mostly the 7' tall amazon woman race, but there are a handful of the fox/cat people here, too. Crying children can be heard, and you can see kids of various ages clutching to their mothers' sides as they look up at you, wondering what will become of them. Between the children and the flickering lights that are struggling to keep the place lit up, the air is full of desperation.

By the layout of the ship that you can see, it looks to be a converted cargo carrier. It is quite clear that this is no warship, and there is little in the way of personnel areas to indicate a liner or troopship of some kind. Probably this ship was pressed into service as a rescue vessel to get as many refugees away from the Invid as possible as they searched for safe harbor.

Lorsa looks over its shoulder as you walk. "Things are bad here. With many parts of the ship holed and in hard vacuum, they have had to relocate everyone we could to other parts of the ship while the repair crews struggle to get basic living conditions back on line. Water tanks are low, and there is very little food; rationing has already started. I do hope that your people can help here. Right now, our first priority is trying to get pressure in more parts of the ship along with gravity. We have people doing EVA work to patch the hull, but it is slow going as we don't have enough people with pressurized suits and knowledge of microgravity operations to make the repairs go any faster."

Alex looks over at Grumpy and Scorch, then back to Lorsa. "I can try to help out with the power systems. That might be able to free up someone else to work on the artificial gravity generators. Just make sure you keep the squad channel open so everything you see and say can be recorded and beamed back to the Fleet to give them some idea of what they are walking in on."

Where do Grumpy and Scorch want to start working?

Epiphany Epiphany
Inside the Zentraedi ship, you are finding yourself the focus of much attention from the assembled aliens as they pepper you with questions.

"Your people actually stood up to High Lord Dolza and won? How?!?"

"What planet are you from?"

"Are you all warriors?"

"Have you fought the Invid before?"

"Do you know of the Haydonites and where their homeworld is?"

And probably the most often asked,
"Will your people help us?"

Scorch looks about her in shock bordering on horror at the plight of the people (I don't care if they are aliens; they are still people!) around her. With a shake of her head, she tries to clear her thoughts and return her focus to what she can help out with. "I can help with the hull repairs. I've been trained in microgravity operations, and with the maneuvering jets of the Cyclone, I can get from place to place outside quickly, and the armor does boost my strength a bit, so I can manipulate hull plating easier. I'll head to the nearest airlock to go out and help."

As she goes along, Amanda keeps thinking, Dear God, I do hope that the Admiral has a heart and helps these people. They are suffering here.
Forgot to add that I'll take the VR-038 Light model.

Last edited:
Juryrig looks back and forth, deliberating a second, and then activates his engines, heading for the Garrant. He opens up communication channels with the vessel, and says "This is Lieutenant Juryrig of the UEEF, Storm Dragon squad, requesting permission to board and meet up with my squadmates and assist in repairs. Over."

Juryrig looks back and forth, deliberating a second, and then activates his engines, heading for the Garrant. He opens up communication channels with the vessel, and says "This is Lieutenant Juryrig of the UEEF, Storm Dragon squad, requesting permission to board and meet up with my squadmates and assist in repairs. Over."
The reply comes quickly with a official sounding woman's voice. "Affirmative, Lieutenant Juryrig. Approach the starboard side shuttle bay. You will be met there by crew to direct you to the most critical areas. Thank you for your assistance."

As you pull into the bay, you can see that there are two women that are both over seven feet tall waiting for you, both wearing a toga-style dress that would blend in with any ancient Greek or Roman city with ease. They also each have a long medieval looking spear in hand and round shield strapped to their backs. If it weren't for their great height, they would look just like a pair of lovely women.

One of the two offers up a salute with her fist to her chest. "Welcome human. Your other squad members are already onboard and have begun working, so depending on what you can do to help, we will bring you to where your skills will best be utilized." She walks up to you and looks down at you, noticing your sidearm. "You fought the Invid, and now I see you carry a weapon. Are you a warrior of your race? If so, may your aim always be true." She gives you a hearty slap on your back; it doesn't hurt through your armor, but it shows that this lady is quite strong. "I am Zora, and this is Ranma."

Juryrig chuckles and nods. "It's good to meet you. I'm called Juryrig. I serve with a few others as a mecha pilot for the UEEF, so I guess that makes me a warrior. I'm also a decent aerospace and electrical mechanic, so perhaps working on those areas would be preferable."

Zora looks happy, and you are not sure if it is due to you being a mechanic or a warrior. Either way, she motions for you to follow her. "Excellent. Please join me. It sounds like you might be helpful with our power reactors. I shall take you to engineering to talk to Brama, the Karbarran that is heading up our repair efforts. Come with me." She sets a brisk pace through the ship, past dozens of others of these warrior women, a number of strange humanoid cat/fox creatures, and a few beings that seem to be made of stone or crystal of some kind. This ship is very crowded with refugees from all of these races, and you can see a general level of desperation among the people here. It looks pretty bad.

In the ships engineering room, there are four of the large bear people here and three of the crystal/rock guys, all with tools or data pads in hand as they tear into the power systems in an effort to get the ship's main power back online. Zora calls out, "Brama! I have one of the humans here to help. This one is called Lieutenant Juryrig, and he says that he has electrical mechanic skills. I thought that he would be of help to you here."

The large bearman comes over to you and offers up a meaty hand to shake. "Well met, human. Let me show you what we have on our agenda." It shows you a diagram of the power systems, and from what you can tell, it is a old design for a Protoculture reactor that was used a lot by the Zentraedi in their older ships. It will take some work, but with everyone here working together, it should have at least partial main power up and running in about an hour.

Sherwood Sherwood Grumpy.... Well... he was a softie at heart... Crying kids, especially ones of alien variety that were fluffy and at times teddy bear shaped were just... to much for the guy... he did his best to capture all he could, command certainly had to see this. "We didn't come out all this way to turn a blind eye. There would be an uproar from earth if we didn't extend a hand to those in need, charity is as much in our nature as fighting is..." His voice wavered just a small bit, before he cleared his throat.

"I would prefer to help with life support if possible, but gravity is also required for easier operations, lets see to it first then move onto other things. Alex, keep that power running, lets turn the tides on this situation." the man seemed filled with purpose for once, not quite as grumpy as he seemed now.... These people deserved a good meal and a safe place to live, the poor things... He was gonna show these people just how the UEEF lends a hand to those in need!

Juryrig takes the hand and shakes it, grinning at the bearman. "Let's see what we've got to get done then." He looks over the diagrams, muttering softly to himself, then looks back at the bearman. "This looks like it shouldn't take more than an hour. We've just got to put our backs into it to make that happen."

Meanwhile, Chen smiles, teaches the aliens how to shake hands and generally tries her best to maintain her poise.

"Your people actually stood up to High Lord Dolza and won? How?!?"
"Ah, well, we fought very hard. And we had several secret weapons. What kind of secret weapons? The secret kind, you understand. We didn't start the war but we certainly finished it!"

"What planet are you from?"
"Earth. Terra. The people of my country call it Dìqiú. It's a lovely world. Perhaps you will see it someday."

"Are you all warriors?"
"Hah. Many of us are. We've had to be. We strive for peace but Earth has many cultures and all have a long history of fighting and winning wars. The UEEF fighters out in space right now, and the three of us you've met, we carry on that proud tradition."

"Have you fought the Invid before?"
"I have not but the United Earth Expeditionary Forces operate in many theaters of conflict so I cannot speak for all of our engagements."

"Do you know of the Haydonites and where their homeworld is?"
"I have not heard of the Haydonites but I am only a Lieutenant. Our scientists and tacticians may know more. I will say this part of space is new to me personally so they may be out here somewhere, I don't know."

And probably the most often asked,
"Will your people help us?"
"Your enemies are fierce and fought hard. You have suffered greatly. I can see that with my own eyes. When my superiors see your situation, I'm certain they will do all they can."

She's sweating slightly as the questions continue in. Dancing through questions is like dancing through a spray of bullets, incoming plasma discs or hostile missiles. The slightest miscalculation could tell these people more than her superiors want to divulge or risk committing them, or could risk offending the people with being noncommittal.

"If you could tell me more about these Invid? How many there are, known bases of operation, typical armaments and battle tactics. Anything you know could help."

The next two hours pass in a blur of activity. The those on the Garrant realize that the ship is being held together with little more than duct tape and wishful thinking, and nothing short of a full drydock will get it anywhere near a flyable condition. But you do manage to make a few on the spot fixes that makes things go by a little easier for the passengers.

Before you know it, the MacArthur, Arc Royal and Northampton have gathered together nearby the two ships, and a stream of shuttles with supplies and technicians make their way over to the converted mining and cargo ship. Critical items like food, water, and medicine are brought over with the techs and medical crews, and they begin to go to work. Capt. Romanov and Commander Zyorna make their way over to the Rhabwar to speak with the Zentraedi, giving Chen a well-deserved breather from the pressures of First Contact. Before Chen can go, Romanov and Zyorna pull her aside.

The Captain says, "I cannot say how things will progress from here, but I can tell you that no matter the outcome between the UEEF and these assorted refugees, a commendation will be placed in your permanent record for a job well done. I am extremely proud of you, Lieutenant! You and your team embody the very best that Earth and the UEEF have to offer. Well done."

Zyorna waits for a moment for Capt. Romanov to go, leaving the two of you alone for a moment. "With as busy as we all will be over the next few days, I don't know when our next date will be. But I wanted to make sure that I was still on your mind, so I want to give you this." She shyly pulls you into her arms and gives you a gentle kiss on the lips that seems to last forever, even if it is only for a few moments. When she finally breaks contact, there is a dark blush on her face, but a very happy grin. She whispers to you, "Keep thinking of me!" With that, she turns to follow the Captain to talk with the Zentraedi leaders on the Rhabwar.

With the arrival of the fleet, the Storm Dragons are finally given a chance to get back to the MacArthur and get some rest. Word around the ship is that the rest of the battle group are in fold space right now, and will be arriving in the system shortly. In the meantime, the various ships already here are playing host to the refugees, getting them off of the space going wreck they were on. It makes the Mac and Arc Royal a little crowded, but no one is complaining. In fact, there is a very happy vibe going on throughout the fleet.

The warrior women of the Paraxians are very excited with the new technology of the Cyclones, and many of them have expressed an interest to learn more about them. On the other hand, the Garudians with their excellent reflexes like the idea of learning the ways of the Alpha and Beta fighters. The bearmen (and women) are excellent technicians, but many are gravitating to the larger Destroids, since they are just too large to fit inside the cramped Veritechs. The Spherians are a well rounded race, and are looking to get into many different fields of study. Those of these races that are not planning on learning how the UEEF does business are still interested in stopping the Invid from spreading their dominion, and want to help to free their homeworlds from occupation by them.

Even the Zentraedi on the Rhabwar are looking at the UEEF as a bunch of potential allies, even if they don't want to go through the drastic step of being Micronized. They want to maintain their own ship, and once the Atlas arrives, the Zentraedi ship is quickly placed in one of the repair docks for an overhaul. It will take some time, but once the repairs are done, they hope to join the fleet in the work to stop the Invid.

Doing some digging into old data files, information on the Invid is starting to come to light. For roughly the past four hundred years, the Zentraedi and Robotech Masters have been at war with the Invid in a war of mutual extermination. According to the Zentraedi, the Invid are a hive mind race that feed on the Flower of Life, the source of the Protoculture power supply that runs all the mecha and ships of both the Zentraedi, Robotech Masters and the UEEF. There is so much bad blood between the giants and their Invid foes that it is almost a racial memory.

Grumpy was more than happy to aid where he can, which was slowly becoming more and more odd as he seemed to quickly revert to his grumpy state when around solely humans and normal Zentraedi. Not that they wren't interesting, it was that in comparison everything was so normal around here. hell he wanted to be back out there even if it meant soddering metal plates onto a wreck. The work on the other ship felt far to quick, even though he managed to get a few words in with the ones who lived on the ship for some time.

Even if it was to answer a few questions, questions no doubt Lightning was beign bombarded with...

Damn main character getting all the attention.

He even managed to meet a younger Garudan, who was... god damn adorable. And filled to the brim with curiosity. She was a kid from what he could tell, she kept asking him rapid fire questions, when he wasn't getting her back to safety when working. "Whats that?" "What are you doing?' 'Whats your name?" "What are you wearing? its cool!" "Are we going to eat soon? I'm so hungry." "Why are you so much smaller than the others?" "Where do you come from? Earth? is it pretty?" In truth, he couldn't help but feel endeared to the kid, being a big ol' fluffy kittyfox person helped.

the questioning period ended as she was brought back to the group, though he couldn't help but like the kid, all the same no matter what species he guessed. Reminded him of his little sister back home... Christ.. Now he was home sick... he had a picture of the little lady though, and quite a few of himself and the room as she seemed keen on playing with the camera. Seemed to end with a picture of a disapproving mother.

The man however didn't wnat to stop working just yet, just finally getting the hang of the odd ship's gravity maintenance.

Amanda will spend some time digging into the data files about these Invid, trying to get a handle on what might just be their new enemy. Time and time again, her thoughts keep going to the fact that the Zentraedi have been at war with the Invid for so long that it has colored their perceptions of how to deal with them. It is always a 'shoot on sight' attitude. When was the last time there was any attempt to make contact with them to negotiate a peace settlement? Is it even possible to contact the Invid? According to the records she is reading, it appears that the Invid are a telepathic race, and communicate between themselves by projecting their thoughts. Would a radio signal even be detected by them? It might require a face to face meeting, but with the hostile tenancies of the Invid, anyone trying to have a friendly chat would probably be shot. Its not like they understand what a white flag means.

She leans back from the data terminal and rubs her eyes. "I'm seeing this from only one perspective. What I need to do is talk to some of these other races to see what they have to say about the Invid. Time to go make contact." Amanda goes on the hunt to find some of the new arrivals.

Grumpy's work on the alien ship shows that the Paraxian's antigravity technology is far in advance of what the Zentraedi and the UEEF use, by being more energy efficient and the generator itself is much smaller than the comparable units in place on the MacArthur. Very fascinating stuff. The tech looks to be compatible with the UEEF systems, it would free up a lot of space and power that is currently being used to run the generators on the ships in your fleet.

Another piece of technology that looks promising is a old broken down shield generator that is very similar to the one developed for use by the SDF-1! This particular shield would be much smaller and less powerful than the one on the great battlecruiser, but if some work was done on it, even a little bit more protection would make it possible for the ships of the fleet to survive the challenges out there a little better.

Amanda's hunt for answers leads her to the ship's gymnasium where a group of the Paraxians are sparring with one another. When you approach them, they are friendly enough, but they seem to be somewhat distant. As you persist in trying to talk to them, one of them plants her hands on her hips and looks down at you. "Little human, we are busy. If you want to talk to us, get into the sparring ring and show me what you can do."

The other Paraxians give a chuckle at the thought. One says, "How can such a little person face one of us without their toys? We are taught to fight from an early age with our hands and feet. She might be a challenge in one of their mecha vehicles, but against one of us? Not likely to be a challenge at all."

You are not sure just how serious she is; the warrior woman might just be giving you a challenge and is hoping to have you accept. What do you do?

Grumpy takes account of the new antigrav tech, it really was fascinating and efficient in terms of energy and space, though quite abit needed to be hammered back in shape and seemed to have a odd few dents here and there on the operation console. Figuring their shaped like fists, he thought it best not to bother asking about it to much, as it wasn't really hurting the machinery. But he figured he could try and get the blueprints for this sucker and propose the idea to the commanders.

"Whats that?' the voice popped up again. Yep, she was back, from what he gathered the little one who ahd been bothering him for awhile was named Enri. "A gravity generator." "Whats it do?" Grumpy bit his lip. "Generates gravity, the stuff that keeps you on the ground." "WHOA! Like its stopping us from floating?!" "yep." "I wana float!" "Err, sorry we need to keep the gravity on." "Why?" "because theres alot of stuff that needs to stay on the deck." "Why?" "Because that's what is safest, and we can't have floating stuff." "Why?" "Because we don't want anybody hurt? Last thing we need is somebody's tail getting squished." "Momma says the other people don't have tails, do you have a tail?" "Nope." "Why?"

Grumpy continued to... withstand more barrages of whys as he copied down what he could from the operating anti-grav machine, moving onto the shield generator as Enri kept trying to pick his brain.

Never once did he raise is voice though.

"Are you all fed?" "Yep! Momma says I have to eat it, but it tastes good!" "thats good, a growing kid needs nutrients." he began fussing about with the generator, seeing how it will work and if he could fully adapt it to what hes thinking. "I'm not a kid! I'm soon gonna be a grown up!" the young lady protested, getting a guffah of a laugh from grumpy, and a few of the more snooping techies around. "Then a soon to be grown up can help me with this, here." he let her hold onto a spanner as he hefted the shield generator on a bench. "Could you hand me the socket wrench?" "Huh?" "it looks like a iron bar with a tube on the end." "oh, this?" "Good, now lets see what makes this thing tick..."

"Why?"

Grumpy sighed.

Amanda looks up at the Paraxian that is talking smack to her. With an appraising eye, she does her best to evaluate her chances on a fight between the two. She has a definite reach advantage, but she hasn't seen Jeet Kune Do before. Worst case, I'll get my ass kicked by this alien chick. What the hell. Lets give this a shot.

She unbuttons the top of her uniform top and pulls it off, giving her some freedom of movement now that she's just in her undershirt. Tossing it aside, she walks confidently into the ring, feeling like Neo facing off against Morpheus in The Matrix. Bouncing lightly on the balls of her feet, she gives the Paraxian a grin. "C'mon then. Lets have a good scrap. My only requirement is that we do no permanent damage that might keep us out of the real fight out there. Deal?" With that, she drops into a fighting stance and faces her opponent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back