• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Robotech - Southern Cross Adventure - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
(bold mine)

"Buddy armor?" "Sun batons?" If I didn't know any better, I'd say AutoCorrect wants us to be very, very nice to this Antonia! Or maybe Antonia's hacking skills are so strong as to have hacked into RP Nation? No, no, we don't apprehend Antonia - we bring her ice cream! Because everyone loves ice cream! *immediately upgrades his anti-virus and firewall* =)
Yeah, yeah. I was posting using my tablet, and its autocorrect was wanting me to play nice with Antonia.

Smart ass. lol

SDC stuff, like .45 pistols, perhaps as heavy as a 12 gauge shotgun or a sub-machinegun. No need to pack the heavy grenade launcher; standard MDC sidearms should suffice here.

SDC stuff, like .45 pistols, perhaps as heavy as a 12 gauge shotgun or a sub-machinegun. No need to pack the heavy grenade launcher; standard MDC sidearms should suffice here.
The LAR-10C Carbine is standard issue for ASC vehicle crews. Might be on the heavier end of what you'd like, given it's an M.D. weapon, but doesn't have the destructive power of an x10 roll modifier. To strike bonus too.

The Wolverine too.

Sherwood Sherwood any suggestions on a specific gun?

The Wolverine is capable of firing SDC rounds, so as long as you can use the rifle, it would be a fine choice. The Macross Saga book has a variety of SDC weapons to pick from that won't blow up half the town if and when we use them.

The Wolverine is capable of firing SDC rounds, so as long as you can use the rifle, it would be a fine choice. The Macross Saga book has a variety of SDC weapons to pick from that won't blow up half the town if and when we use them.
Sadly I dont have a W.P. for it. Seems the ASC really like training in energy weapons.

I'll check that one out then.

But I did learn the Mk.25 does have a tear gas loadout, if you find that useful.

I'm not seeing an SDC energy weapon. You might be thinking of the Tarya, which looks like an energy pistol but fires caseless rounds, and is apparently an engineering disaster.

Looks like Marlon will have to bite the bullet this time and go without a W.P.

D. Rex D. Rex Sherwood Sherwood Here it is. =)

LP-3 Laser Pistol
A handgun available to RDF elite.
Weight: 1 1/2 pounds (.7 kg)
Range: 200 feet.
S.D.C. Damage: 4d6 per blast. Does not inflict Mega-Damage.
Rate of Fire: Equal to the character's total number of attacks per melee round.
Payload: 10 shot E-clip.
Note: I added this pistol from Robotech 1st Edition (page 79).

And I imagine tasers count as energy pistols too. =)

* * *​

"Buddy armor?" "Sun batons?" If I didn't know any better, I'd say AutoCorrect wants us to be very, very nice to this Antonia! Or maybe Antonia's hacking skills are so strong as to have hacked into RP Nation? No, no, we don't apprehend Antonia - we bring her ice cream! Because everyone loves ice cream! *immediately upgrades his anti-virus and firewall* =)

Yeah, yeah. I was posting using my tablet, and its autocorrect was wanting me to play nice with Antonia.

Smart ass. lol

Heh! =) I meant that as less a dig on you and more a dig on Autocorrect. Autocorrect sometimes gets on my nerves (try using speech-to-text using the word "Spartas." Dang thing spells out "Spartacus" just about every time! Plus, it Just Loves to capitalize everyday Words in the Middle of Sentences. Barf!). =)

My intention was to get some smiles and laughs and I see that I succeeded. Mission accomplished! Yes! *fist pump*

I'd avoid speech to text at all costs. My old man had to learn the hard way after trying to ask if a new section of fence went all the way to the ground (he was trying to make sure the dogs wouldn't dig or crawl under it).

However, the phone didnt hear fence...

Well our plan got turned on its head real quick. From body armor and infiltration gear to BDUs and casual conversation.

That said, given the evidence on our quarry, I'll be keeping the MDC armor close by.

Well our plan got turned on its head real quick. From body armor and infiltration gear to BDUs and casual conversation.

That said, given the evidence on our quarry, I'll be keeping the MDC armor close by.
Maybe Alan and Marlon can wait in the truck with MDC stuffs in case things go south.

D. Rex D. Rex Sherwood Sherwood Here it is. =)

LP-3 Laser Pistol
A handgun available to RDF elite.
Weight: 1 1/2 pounds (.7 kg)
Range: 200 feet.
S.D.C. Damage: 4d6 per blast. Does not inflict Mega-Damage.
Rate of Fire: Equal to the character's total number of attacks per melee round.
Payload: 10 shot E-clip.
Note: I added this pistol from Robotech 1st Edition (page 79).

And I imagine tasers count as energy pistols too. =)

* * *​

Heh! =) I meant that as less a dig on you and more a dig on Autocorrect. Autocorrect sometimes gets on my nerves (try using speech-to-text using the word "Spartas." Dang thing spells out "Spartacus" just about every time! Plus, it Just Loves to capitalize everyday Words in the Middle of Sentences. Barf!). =)

My intention was to get some smiles and laughs and I see that I succeeded. Mission accomplished! Yes! *fist pump*

Thanks, that will be handy. Explains why I couldn't find one, I just have the 2e books.

Hadn't yet gotten into this, but having the rest of the squad in mega damage gear nearby is, in part what Gabi's counting on. In case things go south. =)

Gabi wants to stay in jungle fatigues, not a dress. I agree that Ryuko would probably work better in a dress.

Real Life calls. Will post later. =)

Okies! Back (took Kaerri-darlin' out to dinner). =)

Everybody, here are some ideas (take them or toss them as you see fit):
1. I don't want this to turn into the Ryuko & Gabi Show here (by having us posting left and right while D. Rex, Rykon, and Sherwood have to sit out and twiddle their thumbs), but I'll go with whatever the group thinks is fun.

2. Gabi wants to scope the hotel out (via Hummingbird drone if that is all right. That way, she is not seen). She wants to find good entry and exit routes and the general layout of the place for Ryuko and herself). Gabi is wanting to hit the hotel separately from Ryuko where they can each do their own thing their own way. Preferably Gabi first (so if things look dangerous for someone like Ryuko, say a gang of guys harassing women, Gabi can warn Ryuko). Gabi wants to go in with ASC jungle fatigues, radio, a taser, stun baton, grenades, and her LAR-10 rifle (kept slung). Her idea is to clearly be an ASC soldier, new to town (which is true), and looking for places in town where the townsfolk could use a little help (orphanages, churches, needy food centers, infirmaries, etc.). She will record the names of any such places to check them out at some later date.

3. If she gets talking to someone or someone(s) who seems they might have information on Sgt. Antonia (which is easy to remember given we're at Anton-17), she will discreetly prod for information if they seem to have something, discreetly slip them 50 credits* (delivered with a brochure or scratch pad of paper or the like to disguise it from onlookers, or more credits if the information is really worthwhile). Whatever she discovers (or not), she will remove herself from the hotel and move to a discreet, defensible spot that Deunan has been appraised of, to use the radio to advise Deunan and request further orders.

4. If she strikes gold (say, the hotel manager can be bribed for us to get into Sgt. Antonia's room or the use of security cameras, computer-related information, etc.), then she requests Alan or Deunan to join her (or both).

5. If all hell breaks loose, then having the rest of Third Heavy Recon nearby to raise their own hell would be ideal. Gabi would also try to keep an eye on Ryuko just in case someone tries to pull a fast one on her (like slip something into her drink. By the way, I'd recommend water. Shake it up to see if it fizzes before drinking, now!). =)

*I use 50 credits as a baseline in the same sense of the U.S. dollar today currently being very strong in places like Costa Rica where it can go a great deal farther. If that number needs adjusting, let me know. She wants to appear like someone who has some available money, but is not working on a general's salary, if you get what I mean. Oh, and this first one's on Gabi. =)

How do these ideas sound, everybody?

Last edited:
Question about the IPP-5H Heavy Ion Pulse Pistol... Originally I chose it as the favored sidearm for the two firing modes. Though, if I run out of shots is it just a matter of replacing an energy magazine? Other weapons specify this one doesn't.

I would say that it is a standard magazine powered weapon, but this is Psychie's game.

Originally I had assumed as much, but I figure I shouldn't assume that in the event we end up in extended firefights against insurgents, in which case, maybe a second Mega-Damage weapon wouldn't be amiss. Then I could take the SDC energy pistol and a LAR-10 or a grenade launcher.

Numerically I have the P.S. to carry an armory on my back with a mounted gunner on my shoulders, but that wouldn't be practical, unfortunately.

Under a bit if thought. I think I will switch up my weaponry too.

If Psychie Psychie deems it balanced, I can use the LP-3 energy pistol from First edition that Dannigan shared. Will use that as SDC weapon.

As an MDC, I think I will carry the LAR-10C Carbine. Firstly, Carbines are fun. But its single fire and high accuracy, combined with it's short barrel would do well to limit damage in urban environment. A bit less damage than the IPP-5H, but the +2 to strike is nothing to sneeze at.

Would also stock a taser, if the stats are available. If not, then the stun baton.

And if Deunan thinks it wise, Sherwood Sherwood , Marlon also has the strength to carry a heavier weapon in with him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back