• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Robotech - Southern Cross Adventure - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Deunan sits back in her seat, feeling like a bolt of lightning had just hit her. The guns are not the target; they were just a nice by product. There are just not enough of them to make any difference. But there is no way that this hot-shit High Lord snatched the trailer by mistake. She went through a lot of effort to get those guns out here, for what?

She sits for a moment longer, then lets out a gasp. The software! That has to be it! The RDF has maintained air superiority over the Zone with both Veritechs and fixed wing fighters, and has eyes on the place constantly from the air. If they can shut down our air assets, it would be a real game changer. I just wonder . . . is what I suspect even possible? I need to talk to a software expert, and a good mechanic. Lucky for me, I just happen to know a couple of people that fit that description. Got to find Neo, Alan, and Marlon.

I don't know if Alan would know enough to reach this conclusion, but just thinking out loud from experience... Normally software wouldn't be transferred physically. VPN tunnels and heavy encryption are a bit of a thing, Unless there is a setting assumption of encryption being less effective, I wouldn't think that integrity of the code base would be an issue. That said... if the program is massive and/or installed on a specifically customized hardware architecture, it would make sense. Also, for something that would give a substantial edge in battle, over the targeting systems that are likely already in place, it sounds like it would be an Artificial Intelligence.

I am somewhat skeptical of the Zentraedi's ability to use humanity's computing assets without a major project to integrate it into their alien methods of computer processing. That said, I believe one of the big setting plot points is that we (humanity) reversed engineered Zentraedi tech a few decades ago, so compatibility wouldn't be a complete wash, but I would imagine it would give their engineers one hell of a headache.

So long story short, my best guess off the cuff is that they stole an AI with advanced targeting protocols. Given some expected technical difficulties on their side, we may have a little time to get it back before they turn it against us in a real bad way. Then again, they've been here awhile and it might not take that long. Let's just hope we don't get slaughtered by the new robot overlords. ;)

You've got an engaging story, judging not only by what I read in your posts but by the sheer engagement of your players. Active, animated PCs make all the difference but that only happens when they have a good supporting scene to work from.

You're doing better on your first game than some do on their 20th. Keep up the good work!

I'm havin a blast and barely know anything about the setting. I don't even feel behind or lost.

That's pretty impressive to pull off with a game like this.

You really are doing a good job. And I'm certainly staying engaged.

Epiphany Epiphany long time no see! You going to be joining us? :)
She can, if she is up to another game.....

Nice to see you, D. Rex!

This game has had 18 IC posts today, and there's still another 1.5 hours by my clock. I'm flattered by the offer but I work 10 hours a day and raise a 3 year old; I'm more of a once a day, once every other day kind of poster. Joining a game that moves this fast would result in me stalling it or me being left behind. :)

I'll eagerly read it though whenever I have a little extra time, like I had today!

What kind of APCs are these? Are they MDC capable vehicles, or are they pre-SDF-1 era machines?

What you are seeing are older model APCs but with the MDC refit. A rough value is that they won't have much more than 100 MDC to them.

Yeah, I got tagged by one of our Admins from a different game, saying that they thought that this other person was me at first! My avatar is zoomed out from the newer fellow, though. Not quite the same.

(@Sherwood your command spartan should have a host of fancy sensory features)
Sadly enough, it is more a suite of communication, command and control systems, not as much sensors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back