• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Robotech - Southern Cross Adventure - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
The whole lot is in the 800-1,000 foot range, so you can target them with all of your weapons.

They are spread enough apart that if you were to use a MPAT or Canister, you could hit two or three at once, depending on the group.

Everyone, don't forget that we get the following bonuses from the Command Tank:

+1 to initiative, +2 to strike, and +1 to parry and dodge for all members of the squadron within one mile (1.6km).

D. Rex D. Rex Even with the AOE shell, you still need to roll a d20 for your to-hit. You may roll a 1-4, or a natural 20, and the bad guys can try to dodge.

Psychie Psychie

Questions!

How does parrying work in a mecha? Given their armor. Is it possible to parry energy blasts?

If crits can't be dodged(save by a nat 20 dodge). Can they be parried?

If one were to do simultaneous strike instead of dodge or parry, does that skip their next action. Or just uses one action point?

Psychie Psychie

Questions!

How does parrying work in a mecha? Given their armor. Is it possible to parry energy blasts?

If crits can't be dodged(save by a nat 20 dodge). Can they be parried?

If one were to do simultaneous strike instead of dodge or parry, does that skip their next action. Or just uses one action point?
If I may?

Parry works just like a dodge. You roll a d20, add your Parry bonus in, and in the case of the VHT, you pick which arm shield you wish to take the damage on. The good part of this is that a Parry does not use up an attack action. Of course it only works in Battloid mode.

A crit can be Parried, but only by another 20. But since it doesn't cost you an attack, why not give it a try?

A simultaneous attack still requires a to-hit roll, and does use an attack. But, so long as you don't fumble, you'll hit with ranged combat. In hand to hand action, if you have a shield and weapon, or a pair of weapons, you can try to strike and parry at the same time, and be able to defend when you do a simultaneous attack.

All that is good, except that I allow you to parry a crit IF you can beat the roll with your bonuses. I figure that you are taking damage, why not choose where you get the hit?

Also. What sort of firepower is carried by the heavy infantry?
They have assault rifles that do 1d10x10+20. It is the standard infantry weapon of the Zentraedi.

All that is good, except that I allow you to parry a crit IF you can beat the roll with your bonuses. I figure that you are taking damage, why not choose where you get the hit?

They have assault rifles that do 1d10x10+20. It is the standard infantry weapon of the Zentraedi.

Lol this is gonna hurt then.

I just learned that DrivethruRPG has a Robotech PDF for the Savage Worlds system! It is running only 12 bucks. Just in case anyone is interested.

Interesting... I'll have to look into it. I'm pretty familiar with the Savage Rifts conversion. Though I think they are working on an update to Savage Worlds Adventure Edition. I still need to check that out at some point.

I can say, based on my experience with the SW version of Rifts, it should easily be worth a look. I really enjoy that system.

I had a very brief intro to Savage Rifts here at RpN, but the game fizzled. I wonder if they are going to come out with other titles in the series.

Oh before I forget. Would it be possible to restrain a power armor unit to keep as a prisoner for interrogation? Only means that immediately comes to mind is a hand clinch grip from a battloid mode Spartas.

I had a very brief intro to Savage Rifts here at RpN, but the game fizzled. I wonder if they are going to come out with other titles in the series.
Yeah, we've got a pretty regular in-person game here as a Tomorrow Legion unit. I play a Human Cyber Knight, rest of the party includes: Flame Wind Dragon Hatchling, Former-Coalition Combat Cyborg, A D'Norr Leyline Walker, a Fennodi Psi-Operator, and a Lyn-Srial (I think) Mind-Melter. Generally, there's an even balance across those Iconic Frameworks/OCCs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back