• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Robotech - Southern Cross Adventure - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
So what is savage worlds? It certainly sounds fun. A sci fi version of Tarzan comes to mind.

I wrote up a Cyber Knight way, way back. I liked it, but I don't know the system well enough to run it.

It's a universal system where your stats aren't really numerical, they are generally a die type. For example, you might have a Fighting die of a d10, and a notice of a d6. Skills/Attributes range from d4-d12. Only really high powered settings like rifts expect to hit levels beyond a d12, but even still every point past that is converted to a flat +1 or more.

Initiative is handled by a standard poker deck deal, with high card acting first. To further play on the poker aspect, each player is also given 3 fate chips (bennies) that can be used for re-rolls and other things depending on what Edges (basically like Feats) you purchased for the character.

I will say, given how intertwined many of the game's mechanics are with abstracted distance, it'd be far easier to manage with a physical board or Roll 20, though it could be managed here with frequent screenshots of a board.

EDIT: for players though, there are two key mechanics that keep the "roll play" fun. First is that since each player character is a "wild card" they get a second die, called a wild die. It's a d6 you roll parallel to the trait roll, you take the higher result for the final roll. The second mechanic is exploding dice, each time you roll max number on a die you re-roll and keep adding up the numbers.

I guess long story short is, I really love the system cause there isn't another out there that's remotely similar to how it plays mechanically and it is well balanced for diverse party compositions with a rewarding payoff for good tactics.

Like Cypher, it's one of the systems I'm comfortable running that I don't really see around this site.

Oh before I forget. Would it be possible to restrain a power armor unit to keep as a prisoner for interrogation? Only means that immediately comes to mind is a hand clinch grip from a battloid mode Spartas.
Sorry, I forgot to respond to this. Your mecha are very small compared to the Zentraedi:

It would take several hover tanks to be able to restrain a full sized Zentraedi warrior outside of his powered armor.

The Zentraedi Battle Pod is the first one on the left. Our Spartas hover tank is the third one in from the left.

The Male Powered Armor is 53 feet tall, compared to the VHT that is only 20 feet tall in its battloid mode.

As do I! So I would probably make a female Zentraedi just so I can have the chance of piloting both.

Or the Glaug. Which also looks fun. (Btw, was it just fanart I saw or is there some sort of Variable Glaug?)

Though admittedly I don't remember enough about the Zentraedi or their lore to play them all that effectively.

For some reason, I'm thinking its +3, but don't bet the bank on that.

Great posting from everyone so far! I'm loving it. But it is late for me, and I need to be up early tomorrow, so I'm calling it a night. See y'all tomorrow!

Sleep well, and thanks for running. So far, I am enjoying things a lot. Keep it up!

WlfSamurai WlfSamurai , lets get three rolls of Medical Doctor. Field Surgery is not need here, since you have a full operating suite to work with. The bonuses you would get from the med center are canceled out by the minuses from the seriousness of the injuries.
Do you want them to be diagnosis roles or treatment rolls? Or three rolls of both?

Sorry for the delay, I was a bit swamped at work today. I had to train a team member by walking them through completing a software build. Finally settled in at home now though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back