• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Rifts Adventure OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
what are the stats for your motorsycle? all it says is that it has cloaking and sound spells on it. (not the precise words that are on the sheet i know)

I actually don't have any better stats for it at the moment - should be a slightly bulkier version of a normal one, I'll see if there are any stats in the rulebook (probably somewhere - I somehow feel like there are stats for everything in these books...). The trailer sounds like it's the better choice - especially since the badger will likely be used by most of the group. If you don't mind, it's in there, then.

sure thing no problem, if and when i need to use my rumble wagon ill just have you take your bike out so that its not in the way.

and might i recomend this: Black Talon Motorcycle (northern gun2book page 201)
or maybe the Streetwolf Motorcycle (same book page 204)

Last edited:
Sherwood Sherwood
Re: "Earlier" meeting with Trent. If it is all right with you, I would like for Gradicus to have either bought some hard-hitting liquid goodness on the River Walker or have somehow procured some from the village (if he found a big bottle of moonshine, say, he would have taken it and left credits in their place). I meant to mention this earlier, but Real Life...

Let me know if this is O.K. and, if so, how many credits to deduct? If it isn't, I'll edit my post. =)

That is fine to have a bottle of fine alcohol. Go ahead and remove 20 credits for the bottle.

Doing fine - lot to do at the moment, though, but that's basically always the case.

Same as Silanon. Can't complain. You, Draco?

I'm just trying to keep the game moving along. There is nothing stopping you from making plans.

Is there a reason why we can't continue on? We have a destination lined up, everyone has their rides, and we just need to get there to find the escapees.

Dano Dano Re: Trent's IC post. Thanks for the heads-up! I am writing up a reply now. I'll put mine in spoilers as you did. =)

Sherwood Sherwood Um, are you O.K. with Gradicus riding on top of whatever vehicle is on point, or does he have to be inside the Badger? (see below)

With Blake in his truck, Terra operating her two Automations, and everyone else catching a ride in the Betty, the group begins to move out.

Gradicus politely declined both Blake and Trent's offers to ride inside their vehicles. As a long-time gladiator in Atlantis's Arena of Champions, Gradicus had seen his share of creatures, machines, and cosmic horrors that could make short work of either vehicle. He did not want to be caught inside should they come across such dangers.

Instead, he preferred to ride atop whatever vehicle was taking point, be it two-legged or multi-wheeled. His newly-earned TW Force Cannon with scope at the ready, he kept a sharp eye out. Using his training to detect ambushes, he manipulated the controls on his multi-optics helm, scanning using magnification while switching back and forth from normal vision to infrared at regular intervals.

Reading the posts that followed, there is some point to be made that waiting for those responses might have worked out better - so yeah, I think Dano's question is certainly something to consider.

I, for once, am not quite sure about my ride quite yet: Sherwood Sherwood How bad is the terrain for a motorcycle - is there a point in trying to scout ahead, or would I get stuck without the automatons' help more often than not? Your post seems to indicate the latter - if so, can I see that on the map already, or would I try to scout ahead and give up at some point?

Epiphany Epiphany This is only important if I at least attempt to scout ahead; would Kimberly accompany Shaona, as proposed by our slayer, or would she rather stay in the badger?

Psychie Psychie - Trent did suggest trying to use the radio codes to contact the ones we are trying to rescue... before heading out in the event they had to change their location.... but no one responded.

Dano Dano Just a note on the "noone responded" part, feel like giving some insight: I actually read that part of your post as a general reminder what the mission was - to get close to them and then call them - not as a proposal to call them right now; in particular, I read "in range" as "in range to pick them up within a reasonable time span that's shorter than a day". Thus no further response other than the hope that they stayed together.

Apart from that, Gradicus actually got it right and responded.

Dano Dano Once again, I find myself with Silanon - that's how I read your post, too. Reminder, not proposal.

Silanon Silanon Oh, I must have missed this when you and Draco were talking - what kind of bike does Shaona have? If it's an off-road bike (or hover), then maybe the terrain wouldn't be much trouble? Then again, if she brought a street or racing bike, then that's another story. I just want to know (being silly here) - is the bike painted green like her hair? Heh! =)

Kimberly is happy to accompany Shaona on the bike. Especially for scouting purposes.

Riding in the Badger is good for team-building but she's essentially blinded in there, unable to sense anything outside of the vehicle itself (and any sound that gets through the vehicle's hull and engine noise). View screens do her little good. ;)

Just went through my earlier posts about the bike - think this is the only thing I ever wrote: "the kind of machine that tends to roar like a lion once you start gathering speed".
I actually never specified things further thus far, I'm afraid - given her background, I'd say it's a bike that can handle a bumpy road just fine, but isn't meant for too much off-road travelling. Since forests tend to look different wherever you go, I have no clue what to expect from the Atlantean forest, so no idea if it's good enough for that. Guess it's on Sherwood to tell me if I break something by being able to scout ahead.

Never specified the color, either - guess it's green now!

Pips, my thoughts exactly! What's a blind warrior chick, however noble and skilled, going to do inside an armored vehicle besides stay safe? Like APCs and Bradley tanks in Iraq and Afghanistan, if you get hit, you're stuck inside - but in Rifts, unless you lack mega-damage protection, why stay inside when out on patrol in hostile territory?

Silanon, re: Green. Ha ha ha! I love it! =) Re: Bike of choice. Well, maybe it would be good to get into why she got the bike in the first place? Did she choose it or was it given to her? If she chose it, why not go off-road? Adventurers go off-road all the time. Then again, maybe she bought it for a good deal because the seller knew it was a great road bike (only)? Just tossing hyperactive ideas around. =)

The Badger does have a Observation Deck on the back that has a large water cannon mounted on it for dealing with those nasty Vampires. Both Gradicus and Kimberly can easily be up there with a wide range of view (or hearing) that won't keep everyone boxed in.

Here is a thought for someone. My second Automation has a seat for a pilot, but no one is currently riding on it. Someone could ride on it and hop down when an encounter takes place. If not, that's cool too.

Perhaps a marching order is called for? Here are two options; of course, I'm open to more.
1. Shaona's bike with Kimberly followed by Trent's Badger followed by Blake's Road Hammer followed by Terra's Automatons? If I see the scene correctly, this provides us with a relatively quiet vehicle taking point with the Badger's firepower at the ready. Blake's Road Hammer has Terra's two Automatons to protect it should we get hit in the rear of our convoy.

2. The same as above minus Shaona's bike? Gradicus and Kimberly atop the Badger with Shaona inside the Badger? Sherwood seemed to imply that the Badger's engine won't be so loud as to mess with Kimberly's hearing.

What are your thoughts, folks?

That can work, but just to point out that the Automations have excellent vision and can See the Invisible, able to read a signpost or spot a pigeon two miles away. Whatever one sees, Terra sees, and I can space them out as far as 200 feet from one another and still have them work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back